Speaker 1: Check podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Friday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 3: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 1: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 4: And the man wearing Dennis Curran's old number six makes it too nothing With John Taylor, I was just gonna say underrated egg, deviled egg and Rick Dolly Wall.
Speaker 1: Now are you gonna go on the couch at eight o'clock tonight? Sits down and let's put it in. Here's Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 4: Ten o'clock and downtown Vancouver. We're the Paul Tarson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man at the controls, our director, the voice of God once again. Back from vacation. Derek Wong, how are you back in town?
Speaker 1: Back in town? You're back in down? No, No, Derek's back down and you're good. I'm good. I'm not leaving anywhere.
Speaker 4: Connects with three days between games, hosting Anaheim Wednesday after their unsuccessful one and four road trip and getting beaten, beaten down by the crack at six three and Saturday practice today eleven thirty at Rogers Arena. What are we hearing, Rick is Quinn He's going to be there at thatcher Dempko.
Speaker 5: Those are the two big ones. So when practice eleven thirty today, so is Hughes and Dempko going to be there. So anyways, listen on Dempko. I am hearing progress is being made. Wouldn't surprise me if he skates today before or during practice. He was hurt December eighth, and some think it is possibly a groin issue. Remember we talked about soft tissue injuries with him since he came back from the paplataas so that was in the backspasms and backspasms and so that could be an issue there the groin. But anyways, with Hughes, we gotta wait. Everyone is very quiet on Hughes right now. No one's given out much information on that.
Speaker 4: And is the thought that it's not the oblique still.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Rick talkin said that it is not the oblique. Is he tweaks something. He tweaks something on Saturday, I'm mad at me. He tweaks something in the Seattle last nine ten minutes. He didn't play right. And if this goes all into their thinking don this week, Let's say that Quinn Hughes isn't that practice. Let's say he doesn't play tomorrow. What do they do buy, sell, trace or do both or like maybe he's out a week or two. I don't know, Like they got to sit down. I'm sure their internal meetings are over management with ownership. I'm sure those going into the deadline going and I'm sure they're internal meetings with ownership. And he's got a big say, don you know, whether you like it or not, The owner's got a big say. He would like to make the playoffs. We all know that's where the owners make, you know, some good money. So he's got a big say in what happens this week.
Speaker 1: Deep bains.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it looks like he's been sent down. So obviously everyone is automatically thinking, Donnie, that.
Speaker 6: Let me jump in because he's been confirmed. Now Arsteep sent down. Lakara Mackie is back up.
Speaker 5: And nineteen goals. He's at nineteen goals at nineteen yeah, so he's been ruled. Yeah, so what's the key here? Don Lakara Mackie are you bringing him up to play him in the bottom six. I don't think so to him to he's got to be a top six guy, and he's got to be the guy that someday, if Brock goes this week, there's a replacement. I don't know if it's a replacement in one or two weeks, or one or two months, or or a year and a half. He's the guy, the goal scoring winger that could really offset Brock's departure this week if he becomes a regular. But if you bring him up down you got to play him in the top six. Possible departure you can't possible. You can't blay in the bottom six and give him eight nine minutes a game. That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: But don't you want to ease him into some extent?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: But though has already been last few times he up, he did play in the top six, and remember he did okay there. But Talckett says they want him, Uh, they wanted him to work on things in Abersburg.
Speaker 1: He's up. They just put the puzzle pieces.
Speaker 4: Together and Lequermackie a right winger, right.
Speaker 1: Shot, who could score, who could be gone? Who could And then you just mentioned Brock Besser. You can't put much past me. Ah ah.
Speaker 5: Look at the timing of the Karamaki called up in one of the busiest weeks of the year and possible departure of Brock.
Speaker 1: We don't know if he's going to stay or go yet. I don't think.
Speaker 4: Well, there's some people in this room who don't want us to bring this up. But the Rangers beat the Islanders last night for nothing. There's second straight for nothing win. They defeated Nashville on Sunday, also for nothing. That was a home game. This was a road game just down the road against the Islanders.
Speaker 1: J T.
Speaker 4: Miller with his second straight one goal, one assist game. As we watch him score on a two on one here that was his one goal wearing Steve vickers old number eight last night.
Speaker 1: Steve Vickers, I remember him. I'm going way back.
Speaker 4: Fourteen points now in eleven games for JT. Miller, and there's all sorts of interesting numbers when it comes to what JT. Miller's up to in New York. It's been pretty spectacular so far fourks, but he has not He had nine goals in forty games with the Collects. He has seven already we mentioned the fourteen points but seven goals in the eleven games, and I'm not surprised.
Speaker 5: I'm not surprised. I'm not surprised. He's taken off in New York. That's the place he's been before. His best friend in the world is one of the centermen for the ring Check Trocheck. He's back in a familiar territory. He's loving it there. Here's the other thing. Don I don't think down the stretch, I don't think he was happy. Remember game in Montreal where he scored and it was yeah, you know, to.
Speaker 4: Ryan's credit, he brings that up a lot. It wasn't a good visual.
Speaker 5: No, he's dying to get it. He was dying to get out of town. I think his time in Vancouver had run out. He's gone. He's doing well, and I think the Canucks need the other guy who stayed to pick it up, starting tomorrow night against the Ducks.
Speaker 4: Six game point streak for J. T. Millers, I'm just piling on for Canuck answer.
Speaker 5: If you're a Caduck fan, you're probably thinking, well, you mentioned it before the show. It could be one of the worst traits in team history.
Speaker 1: I did you don't know how. We talked sometimes about not bringing up stuff that we talked, but I didn't say it. You did say it. I did.
Speaker 4: He did say, it's not quite cam Neely yet. No, but we know Cannock luck on this show and in this market. It wouldn't it wouldn't shock me. Would he have done that here? Could he have turned his game around here? Was there any chance of that?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think so. He looked he took a leave of absenced for what reason. He obviously wasn't getting along with Petterson. He didn't look happy here.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 5: He was terse you know, his news conferences were short. He just it was that guy needed to get so were Pettersons are?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they still are. And that guy's got to figure it out here pretty damn quick. For the Canucks poll question, let's get to it. Be a three guests today, So let's get right to the wattling dog poll question. Visit one of Vic Chorst's favorite pups. We're talking about the dog here where you could enjoy twenty tabs and twenty screens your home for the Canucks and UFC.
Speaker 1: Come sit and stay at the dog today. Rick Ryan get her up. The wattling dog pop pole question, JT. Miller.
Speaker 5: We just mentioned fourteen points in eleven games. The big question is would he have turned his game around if he had stayed in Vancouver. Uh, look at this. Sixty seven percent say no, thirty three percent say yes. Almost a thousand votes already, it's hopping, it's popping.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you assume that if he had stayed in Vancouver, that would have meant this is what I assume anyway, that LEAs Petterson would have been the one that was traded. So what effect psychologically and even physically would that have on on?
Speaker 1: JT. Miller?
Speaker 4: But all the signs were that that just wasn't going to happen. You mentioned that gave him Montreal, which is a great point. The way he got a couple of goals, and the way he celebrated.
Speaker 5: Was he didn't tell it like that dog died. Yeah, he didn't celebrate, that was the story that night. He didn't celebrate. It was like, Okay, I scored a goal, Yeah, whoa and somebody wants to leave.
Speaker 4: I think also no shortage of people making the point that the Rangers on paper remember that a great season last year, great regular season, anyway, better team than the Caducks. A lot of people are made they're not in a play Hold it a second, don they're not in the playoff spot. I know how great a would there may be no, but obviously they're they're pushing for one right now. Take a look at those Eastern Conference standings. What a six teams fighting for the two wildcard spots. Philadelphia is in there out of nowhere, it's in Montreal. It's really this is Gary Bettman's dream. The West is competitive as well, in large part because you know, the Canucks are one and four in their last five. But the parody in the league right now, at the very least in terms of those two wild card spots in each conference, it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 5: Well, how much better are the Rangers? They got sixty six points, the Cannock's got sixty five.
Speaker 4: But I mean, on paper, you'll cut the line up. You think for sure they're underchie especially with Hughes being hurt, Devko be being hurt. Okay, the other thing I wanted to bring up in this segment because he is going to join us at at the bottom of the hour trade deadline coming up on Friday, Cannocks snow shortage of trade deadline deals. The best deal in Kanak history Marcus Naslin for Alex Toynoff way back in the Pat Quinn Aaron Marcus Naslin's number nineteen is and raised to the rafters. Nothing against Alex Toyinoff, but boy did he pull a fast one at the late great Pat Quinn on the Pittsburgh Penguins. Another pretty good deal for the Canucks in the year two thousand, they shipped Brandon Morrison and Dennis Peterson. Probably they acquired Brandon Morrison and Dennis Peterson from New Jersey for Alexander mcgilney. And that was a deal that worked out for both teams. Brandon's going to join us at ten thirty to talk about that deal. And you know the anticipation for players leading into the NHL trade deadline. What's that like to deal with? Deal that worked out for both teams?
Speaker 5: Rick, it did, and Morrison spent eight years here. Mcgilney wanted Stanley Cup with the Devil's Canucks got Canucks got two centers, which really I know, Peterson wasn't here long. I think he was only here two or three years. Don but they got stronger up the middle of the ice and Brendan Morrison played a big He was a part of the core group, core group going forward. And you know, but when he got traded on there was no social media, there was no Twitter, there was no all this other crap. We want to ask him, you know, during that week, these guys. I look at Carson Sushi right now, don his names in trade rumors. He's got a young family. But you know it probably point. I know for a fact that Sushie doesn't want to leave Vancouver. You know, I talked to his representatives a couple of days ago. There's nothing to report on Sushi. They haven't been asked to waive or anything like that. It's very quiet. That might change in twenty four hours. But it's a tough time for Carson Sushi right now. This isn't a good week for a lot of players who hear their names and rumors and you know, they turn their cell phone on and you know, he just had a kid, a young he's got a young family, he's got a full no trade. This is a tough week on a lot of guys. And I would say, but he's got that no trade he's got the no trade helps. But if the Knucks go to him and teams are calling on Susie, if the Knucks go to him saying Carson, would you go would you go here, he's got a.
Speaker 1: Decision to make right.
Speaker 4: And keep in mind he has been a scratch, yes, ryes and they you know, they've been I believe, showcasing him lately. So the sock to the sign are there, especially with the emergence of Elias Petterson. Yes, number twenty five and you're like a number program. So those are the guys that and I know, I know you're a little more cold hearted when it comes to this, But the guys I feel bad for are the guys that have kids or kids in school, that's whatever.
Speaker 1: The you know, a.
Speaker 4: Newborn's it's it's tough no.
Speaker 1: Matter how much money they're making.
Speaker 5: But Sushi controls everything. This week, the Canucks can come to him with ten proposals. He could say to know all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you have anything else? Right? No? Nothing, you're making a lot of hand gestures over there. No, because we need to add to a break. What's the shirt? Is another American shirt? No? No? This is Moon's records. Yeah, in Cumberland. I got it as a gift.
Speaker 4: So right, watch what you're wearing these days. Get a lot of complaints.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, tariffs are underwa I'm not going to the States. I'm done, Donny, I'm done.
Speaker 1: It's not a chance. I'm done.
Speaker 5: He started the tariffs, there's not I'm not putting ay. What about your buddy over the boulder the border. Screw the buddy, relative, screw the buddy, screw them. I'm not crossing No, not not that. But listen, I'm not crossing the border. That guy started a terra for Screw him.
Speaker 1: I'm not going. I'm not going. I'm not going. I'm not going over the border. I'm not doing it.
Speaker 4: You know, two three weeks from now, I'm gonna ask you what you're doing. What you did on the weekend, and you're not going. I got gas and Blaine not till it's gonna happen. I got the borders five minutes from me. I'm not going. I made a decision this morning. He got the tariffs going. Screw him. I'm not going across the border. I'm not putting a penny in the guy's pocket. I'm not going to go there either. Other than to hang out with my buddy Wayne and just try the worst thing in the world, apparently.
Speaker 5: Across the Old Girl Border. I will miss the Old Girl boarder. I like the all the girl boarder. I think it's a beautiful, uh picturesque border. But I'm not going why why are you shaking your hand? Donny and I went through the Older Girl Border a couple years. It's not that nice.
Speaker 1: It's the closest one to my house now. It's a nice drive. It's a drive.
Speaker 5: Zero Avenue, Ryan, Zero Avenue is beautiful, as Donny. We went there, and the farmland.
Speaker 1: You go through when you get into London, it is small town USA. I will say that, thank you, thank you. Yeah literally small town Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, thanks for that. Yeah. Do we know anybody in London? Do I know anybody in Linden? I think you do? Okay, stop right, we do know people in London. Okay. I lost the golf club there once. What's the name of the the course.
Speaker 5: There, Well, it's it's it's a links yeah, the one. It's a links course. It's a links course, Donny, Homestead, Homestead.
Speaker 1: I've never I've never golfed in the United States. Oh, you're so full of I haven't. You haven't support that economy, You haven't. I went to Chambers Bay for the US Open. I was there for the You were there too, working? Yeah, you word, dude, No, I wasn't Tiger Woods. I've never golfed. I never golfed. Anyway, let's get like, what are we doing here? Let's get out ETMZ.
Speaker 4: Is it just me coming up in the eleven o'clock hour, Craig Button right at eleven o'clock looking ahead to the NHL trade deadline?
Speaker 1: Big ride the pardon me? There's been a deal too. You want to get that? The Oilers made a deal. Sure's we delay going to break further.
Speaker 6: Trent Frederick, Yeah, from the Boston Bruins is going to the Oilers. There's a broker with the Devils. There's a bunch of pieces involved, but that's ultimately the headline. And also the Montreal Canadians have signed Jake Evans to a contract extension.
Speaker 1: Again, he's off the trademark his name have been banned about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, take him up the list even on July first stop band, But even July first he's off.
Speaker 1: So it's a good signing by the Abs. That's a good word. By the way, it is good Bell staved.
Speaker 4: But it's not that band off Elimination, Big Ride the Twitter guy coming up later this hour, Brandon Morrison is going to join us at the bottom of the hour. From a member of the West Coast to express up next uh from the What's Pardon Me?
Speaker 1: The Missus, Curfew Podcasts.
Speaker 4: And Curfew podcast former Canuck Shane O'Brien. Thanks so much for tuning.
Speaker 1: In, folks. You're just finding that out, are you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No? I like him? Dolly Well, Donny Dolly the team. I check Donny and Dolly.
Speaker 7: The Team is supported by Ableauctions dot ca a Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 4: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 4: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, please email sales at able auctions dot ca.
Speaker 1: That's sales at a b l A auction.
Speaker 5: The Bayside Resort is a booutique luxury resort like no other. Nestled on the bluff above beautiful Parksville Beach, this beautiful ocean front property prides themselves on offering a uncompromising fusion of West Coast authenticity and bespoke luxury. Their guests have come to expect a truly personal experience where all senses are indulged. The setting is gorgeous, the memories last a lifetime. Whether you're looking for a panoramic ocean view or an on site fitness center, indoor outdoor pool, oceanfront restaurant, lounge, high speed internet access, or the perfect place for your next corporate event, the Bayside Oceanfront Resort the perfect choice any.
Speaker 1: Time of the year. It's called two five zero, two.
Speaker 5: Four eight eight triple three and book your state today.
Speaker 1: It is Tuesday.
Speaker 4: All of our guests today, including Shane O'Brien standing by, brought to you by our friends at the Whistler Golf Club Golf season.
Speaker 1: Rick Jester on the corner.
Speaker 4: After I've been told, I've instructed, I have to read this before Shane comes on. Shane O'Brien is the co host of the popular podcast Missing Curfew on the Draft Kings Network. The show is also available via audio wherever Fans listen to podcasts, including on Spotify and Apple also follow them on social at Missing Curfew. As we bring in from the Missing Curfew podcast, Shane O'Brien former, cannot.
Speaker 1: Curry you, sir, Good boys, How you doing.
Speaker 8: Always love joining you guys, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no problem, Hey Shane. We spent part of our first segment talking about J. T. Miller sizzling hot with the New York Rangers. Just your take on how well he's playing since that trade versus what's happening points wise?
Speaker 1: Not much with Eleas Petterson.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, as you guys know more than anyone of you guys are up there. It was a tough situation. I still know how it got to that point.
Speaker 1: What it is?
Speaker 10: What it is?
Speaker 8: What if I ever traded J. T.
Speaker 1: Miller? Never?
Speaker 8: I mean JT.
Speaker 9: Miller's, in my opinion, don't grow on trees. Yeah, he's a little bit older than Peterson. Yeah, he's a fiery guy and stuff goes on at times. But I just love this game is compete. As you guys know, you watched the play for how many years in Vancouver. He gets on the foe check, you can work the half ball, you get to that front, you can play the high little bumper and the slot and the power play.
Speaker 8: He sees the ice wall and he competes.
Speaker 9: And for me, a guy that competes that, well, you know, it's hard to let guys go. However, they did. They have to live with it. And right now he's kind of showed it up that, you know, one of the Vancouver canuckss.
Speaker 1: Hey, Shane.
Speaker 4: And we asked pretty many, pretty much all of our guess this right now, but this is the first time we've had you on in a while. What do you see when you watch Elias Petterson play?
Speaker 8: Just no confidence?
Speaker 9: And you know, confidence is such an important thing for for any player. If it goes from Pederson all the way down to you know, the seventh defenseman. If you if you're if you're lacking confidence in the National Hockey League, it's an unforgiving league. And for me, it's it's it's lack of speed. I mean, you know, under Travis Screen and under Bruce Boudreau when when he was playing with more speed and and he get the puck, you know, and and regroup and go now, to me, just he's lost that half a step that separates yourself in the NHL, and when you lose that half of step, you become very average, very quick.
Speaker 8: And I just question his compete. I get it.
Speaker 9: Things are not wite well for you. It's tough right now for him, But he signed that massive contract. He owes into the Vancouver Canucks fans, his teammates, the city to work his way out of it. And right now, to me, boys, when I watch him play, he just looks satisfied with not doing anything offensively. And for me, when you're when you're a go to guy, you gotta have more pride than that.
Speaker 5: Hey, Shane, look at the Canucks where they are in the standing. Is there in a bit of a bind this week? Do you buy? Do you sell?
Speaker 1: What you do? You do both? What would you do right now if you're the GM of the Canucks right now? Shane?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a great question.
Speaker 9: And you know, personally as an Xcnuck guy, and I had high expectations for his hockey club heading end of this season. You know, I was there last year in the second round against Edmonton when Rogers Marina was absolutely rocking. The city was buzzing. I'm like, well, this is awesome. Vancouver Canucks hockey is back, and everyone around the world realized what a great city Vancouver is when you have playoff hockey and for them to be in the position they are right now, I give credit to Rick Rick. Talk at the coaching staff, Quinn hughes Man, that guy, what he's done this year with putting that team on his back, the leadership that he's shown. I mean, I can't imagine that hockey club without him. Listen when they traded JT.
Speaker 8: Miller.
Speaker 9: Unfortunately, I don't think they're gonna be a playoff team anymore. So if I'm in the GM, unfortunately, I'm looking to probably sell a little bit here come Friday.
Speaker 5: Shane take us through some trade deadlines. How tough is it for hockey players? And now they're sitting on their cell phone looking at you know, I might go.
Speaker 1: Here, there, everywhere. How tough is it for players this week?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 9: It's a day that you know, sometimes if you're in a good situation, you don't want to leave, and if you're in a bad situation, you're hoping you get an opportunity to go somewhere else.
Speaker 8: But uh, you know, we're like everyone else. We have it on the dressing room, we have it on back in the hotel room.
Speaker 9: You're just waiting for your cell phone not to ring, hopefully, And then when that when the deadline goes by and you come into the rink that you know next day for practice or that night for a game, and you realize this is a group of guys you got to go to war with.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 9: And if your GM did pick some guys up, uh, it just makes the whole dressing room rejuvenated and believed. So if you're in a position where your GM ads and you're you're you're going to make the playoffs, it's a great feeling.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 9: And if you get trade to a situation from a bad one, it's also a great feeling. But you're checking your phone, you got the trade stuff on, and you're just hoping your phone doesn't ring.
Speaker 1: Were you did you get dealt to the trade deadline? Shannon?
Speaker 4: I know you went from Anaheim to Tampa Bay February March way back when seven I think.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was my rookie year. That was two days before the deadline.
Speaker 9: Uh, you know I was driving back down to Newport Beach with Corey Perry actually the worm Who's still Who's still kicking?
Speaker 8: And Edmonton and you know you're a rookie when you're going on.
Speaker 9: The GM's number and your fold and my full rang and it was like a nine to four nine number.
Speaker 8: I'm like, Paris, what that?
Speaker 9: And sure enough it was Brian Burke, and the big irishman said, olves where are you? I said, well, I'm driving back to Newport. Burkey said, well, don't drive off the road because I just traded you.
Speaker 8: And then you're.
Speaker 9: Thinking, and then you're thinking, I'm an Anaheim, a beautiful place like this. Where am I going? And he said Tampa Bay. So it wasn't the worst thing in the world. But as you guys know, they went on to win the Stanley Cup that year in Anaheim, so it was kind of bittersweet for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding. Hey.
Speaker 4: Seth Jones makes his debut yesterday for Florida. They beat Tampa Bay. Speaking of the Lightning to one. He gets a lot a lot of ice time, I think three or four shots on goal.
Speaker 1: Do you understand why they acquired him?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 8: I watched a little bit of that game last night.
Speaker 9: You know, if I'm Seth Jones, I'm watching Aaron neck Blood play, you know that to me, that would be good for him to find out. You know, the way Aaron plays, Aaron had to change his game. Obviously it helps that he plays with frozening I Blood that is. But I thought Seth Jones looked pretty good. And you know, I was a guy that was a believer. And obviously his contract is you know, a lot of money, but Chicago.
Speaker 8: Had to retain some.
Speaker 9: I think going down to South Florida with that vitamin d W or rejuvenate um, obviously Maddic could chucks out right now.
Speaker 8: But I think there's lots of an hockey left in him. I think for him, keep.
Speaker 9: It simple, make the right play because his foot speed is probably not what it used to be, but his size is good.
Speaker 8: Stick and his Vetro presidents. I think it's a great fit.
Speaker 1: And so for him, Ay Shane.
Speaker 5: The top two teams in the league of Winnipeg and Washington. Now, don't think anyone who would have predicted that in the summer. How hard is it to pay Stanley Cup winner this year? Like, I mean, who are you thinking?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's the whole year's been weird, Like you know, talking about draft kicks. If you would have put some money on Washington, Winnipeg and Washington at the start of the year, you'd be doing pretty good here. I love what Washington's doing. I love that they brought a bunch of veteran guys in there. Obviously Oldy's chasing down the great one. Tom Wilson had a great fight last night with Brady. You know, I'm interested to see how they play out. And then the Winnipeg Jets. You know, personally I still don't give enough credit, but when am I going right, they just I believe one eleven in a row.
Speaker 8: They've been the top of the Central all year.
Speaker 9: To answer your question though, I think it's a big trade line for Stan Bowman. I think they just put up picked up Trent Frederick to the Boston Bruins, the kid who I absolutely love. But to answer your question, before the Four Nations break, the way Dry Settle and McDavid are playing together at that particular moment before the break was another level even that they're used to. So if you had to ask you right now, I still think the Cup goes through Edmonton.
Speaker 4: I enjoying the podcast world, the broadcast world.
Speaker 9: Yeah, doing well, it's yeah, thank you. Yeah, it's it's more work than I first thought it would be. I thought i'd just sit down and talk if you guys make it look easy, right, But there's a lot that goes into it, behind the scenes and getting guests and following the league.
Speaker 8: So it's a real time job now for me. But it's good. It keeps me being in trouble.
Speaker 4: Boys, Shake, can you call some of my relatives and tell them all hard our job is, no kidding. I'm gonna take that clip and show it to them, okay, because they think I do nothing and then they're kind of right compared to what they do.
Speaker 1: But I appreciate you saying that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, it's it's yeah, no, go ahead, and it's so true.
Speaker 9: It's like, you know, I almost look at doing the show like yourself for the Mister Curry podcast for me, But when you do the show, that's.
Speaker 10: Like playing the game.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: Everyone sees everyone's like, oh, that looks like fun.
Speaker 9: You don't see the practices, the workouts preparing, getting guests, watching the game.
Speaker 8: So, uh, it's something I learned early in this business.
Speaker 9: Boys, And it's not as easy as it looks, but I'm very lucky to do what I love doing it and it keeps me close to the game, which I really loved.
Speaker 1: Well, you're doing great, shame. We'll get you back. Thanks so much for this. We appreciate it anytime.
Speaker 8: Boys, Thanks for having me you bet well.
Speaker 1: He's good.
Speaker 4: H Shane O'Brien character maybe the most Canadian sounding guests that we've had on in a long long time. He likes Trent Frederick for the Evanton owners, so I have no surprise there is some feistiness there that'll they get toughness. Imagine that would help out the orders a whole bunch. What was the deal for again, Ryan, it's in front of me here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, It's essentially ends up being the Brewing or the Owainners get Trent Frederick and Max Jones. The brewin he's got a second round pick, a fourth round pick, and a defensive prospect as well, and then the others also parted with another prospect in New Jersey because they got in the middle of the trade as well. But I'm seeing people comment on this about that again, Rick, I think mentioned it yesterday. These high prices going around for these guys, like that ni Quist deal was expensive for Minnesota.
Speaker 1: What was it? Second round pick year old and nine goal I mean, and so like you're seeing some of these prices like I don't know.
Speaker 4: Like, well, the other thing too here is what focus is Boston gonna have well and by the way, the other Pratt More Shawn is the other. Yeah, the other big question there.
Speaker 1: Well, he's out week to week. That was announced today.
Speaker 6: By the way, he's injured as well, so but he's a question mark contract wise as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, a break. We've been talking about the trade deadline. We see a couple of deals today. Brandon Morrison was acquired by the Cannucks at the trade deadline in two thousand from New Jersey. He's going to join his next member of the West Coast Express. Brandon's next. Thanks for tuning in again, folks. Donnie Delling the team on.
Speaker 5: House of Golf, the premier destination for indoor golf in the Lower Mainland. Elegantly designed and powered by industry leading track Man technology, the facility is home to six golf simulators, offers hourly bookings to hone your game, entertain friends and family, and host clients in the perfect social setting take your next event to another level, whether it's a birthday, staff party or a quiet event.
Speaker 1: House of Golf is built the.
Speaker 5: Host groups of all ages and for any occasion, cater however you see fit and let us welcome you to the great indoors.
Speaker 1: Head to House of Golf dots for more information.
Speaker 5: That is h Aus of Golf Dotsia.
Speaker 4: Once again, it is Tuesday, will be all day and all of our guests today, including Brendan Morrison standing by, Brought to you by Al chris Man and.
Speaker 1: The folks at the Whistler Golf Club.
Speaker 4: Brandon Morrison, former NHL center and former Canuck member of the West Coast Express fourteen NHL seasons, Rick acquired by the Canucks at the trade deadline March fourteenth, two thousand. Brandon and Dennis Peterson from New Jersey to Vancouver for Alex mcgilney, and we thought we'd get Brandon lined to talk about what it's like in the days leading up to an NHL trade deadline, which is the case this week, the deadline being Friday.
Speaker 1: Brandon, thanks for doing this, sir, How are you?
Speaker 10: I'm great? How are you guys doing that?
Speaker 1: Good? Very well?
Speaker 4: Do the days before an NHL trade deadline like this week bring back memories of two thousand for you.
Speaker 10: It absolutely does.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a lot of memories. Actually, It's funny how things kind of go down or transpire and you hear all these different stories about how guys find out.
Speaker 10: So it's an interesting time of the year for sure.
Speaker 4: So what was the anticipation like for you? Were you nervous? Did you get rumblings that you might be going to Vancouver? What was the case back then? I, you know, my situation was maybe a little bit unique with the Devils.
Speaker 10: I had gone in and talked.
Speaker 11: To Loula Morello earlier in the year about requesting a trade, and that didn't go over very well.
Speaker 1: Like I.
Speaker 10: Crawled out of that.
Speaker 11: Office, And to this day when I when I think about that moment, I still get.
Speaker 10: Hot flashes about that eras wow.
Speaker 11: But I had a contract dispute that summer. I ended up missing some training camp. I went actually went over to the Czech Republic and played there for a month. Training camp was on. Anyways, I came back, signed and asked for the trade.
Speaker 10: But so there were rumors that it could happen, but you never actually know if it's going to happen or not.
Speaker 11: But I was actually over in New York City with my fiance at the time and my brother in law who was Daryl Ray Ray's or Ray the Color commented the Dallas Stars, and he was on on the phone, you know, the old flip phones back then, with the with the radio station out of Toronto, and they wanted his opinion on some trades that that had transpired that day. So he was about to hang up the phone. They said, hold on, we have a we have something coming across the wire right now, and they said mcgilney just got traded from Vancouver and he's going to the Devils for Morrison and Peterson and my brother in Really he's like, well, I'm in lunch with him right now.
Speaker 10: I'll let him know. So he hangs up the phone. He's like, I think he just got traded.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 10: What I'm like, I hadn't heard anything, right, no news. It was it was silence, you know.
Speaker 11: Five ten minutes had gone by, and then it had a couple buddies from Vancouver message me and say, hey, listen, we just saw on the ticker that you've been traded. And I hadn't talked to the Devils yet or Vancouver. I had no idea, so I ended up going back home to New Jersey. Was about forty five minutes from downtown New York, and I still hadn't heard.
Speaker 10: And as I'm pulling into my driveway, I get a phone call and.
Speaker 11: It's a secretary for Lou and obviously I had a pretty good idea of what had happened, but finally passed me through.
Speaker 10: I spoke to Lou.
Speaker 11: He asked if i'd come down to the office to talk to him before I picked up my gear, and that's how I found out.
Speaker 4: What the hell were you thinking going in at your early twenties asking Lou Lamarrello for a trade Brandon, Wow, Oh.
Speaker 10: Man, I don't know. I look back at it. I think probably got a little impatient. You know. We had a veteran team. I would play on the top power play unit.
Speaker 11: You know, with Scott Niedermeyer and Secora Eli Ash Arnott, and then I would play majority of the time on the fourth line.
Speaker 10: So I was and I saw.
Speaker 11: Other guys that I had played against are with in college, and I felt like, you know, they were getting some better opportunities than I was.
Speaker 10: At the time in New Jersey.
Speaker 11: But again I probably was a little bit impatient, but you know, for me, the deal worked out pretty good. I got to come back to my hometown play with the Canocks at a time that we were really on the upswing, and we had a lot of young guys that came back at the same time, and we had a lot of good years there in Vancouver.
Speaker 5: Brandon, what happens when you get the call that you're traded. You got an agent, you got a family, you got to figure out where you're going to stay.
Speaker 1: Like what goes through your mind? Like immediately after being.
Speaker 11: Told, well, it's a little bit of panic, right, a little bit of chaos, a lot of emotions, you know, is this really happened?
Speaker 10: It happened okay, Like Vancouver.
Speaker 11: So after I spoke to the Devils, I spoke to Brian Burke and they wanted to get me on it. So I found out the trade deadlines three o'clock Eastern time.
Speaker 10: I found out just.
Speaker 11: Before four o'clock Eastern were trying to get me on a flight that night out to Vancouver. And I said, I don't I can't do like, I don't know if I can do this like that quickly. So they said, okay, we play tomorrow night at home against Buffalo. We'll get you out on a flight first thing in the morning and you can play tomorrow night. I'm like, okay, that works, that's that's fine. So at this particular time, you know, I was with again my fiance, so we didn't we.
Speaker 10: Weren't married, we didn't have kids. But you know, when a.
Speaker 11: Guy gets traded to a new team, it's like you just go, you drop everything and go, I mean, and you you assimilate into this new group.
Speaker 10: It's like you have, you know, twenty two twenty three.
Speaker 11: New brothers the incident taking in like you are integrated into the family right away. It's much more difficult I think on your on your spouse or your significant other, or your kids.
Speaker 10: Depending on the time of the year.
Speaker 11: You know, most guys at this time of year, if they have families, their families don't come because they're depending on the age of the right.
Speaker 10: If the kids are in.
Speaker 11: School, they usually stay behind finish their school year, and then you have a long distance things going on. So there's a lot of different things that the factor into it. For the first time, for me, it was pretty plain and simple. Cut and dry, and you know when the season ended, we ended up selling our condo and coming back getting our furniture and dealing with all that.
Speaker 5: Then, Yeah, so many things to do. I want to get your thoughts on the current Kannuck roster, Brendan, what's going on. They're in a playoff spot. Peter Miller moved out, Peterson stays Besser might be moved out. What are your thoughts when you watch the Knuck's play this season.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, I think inconsistency kind of sums it up right, Like they there's certain nights where they kind of look like the team that finished the year last year. There's too many nights where they don't. And I know they've had some injury problems and obviously they've had some let's call it personality problems and to put it mildly, I guess, but you know what injuries off the bat with dem Cole being out. But you know, Lankan has been a savior, right, I mean, he came in and every he thought she lost was going to be the guy based on what he did last year in the playoffs. But I mean Kevin lankinhon was was a steal right, I want to find and he's essentially kept them in this playoff hunt. Yep, you know, it's a hard call I think for management. I mean, they're they're hanging on to that last spot. There's probably i'd say probably four teams that have a legitimate chance to grab that last spot with them Calgary, I.
Speaker 10: Know Utah is in there. Well yeah, I mean they're sniffing, right, But.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I mean, they need Quinn Hughes to be healthy, right, I think he was having a Norris type year before he was injured. If he's not healthy, I think they're in big trouble. But you know, I think if they do get in, I think they're gonna have their hands full. But again, with the parody in the league nowadays, if you get in, you have a chance. That's just the way it is. So now they're going to grind and do everything they can to get in. But you know, I think overall, after last season, which was a bit of a surprise, I think to a lot of people, I think this season so far has been a little bit of a disappointment.
Speaker 1: Brandon, as a former successful NHL center, what advice.
Speaker 4: Would you give Eleas Petterson right now. I'm sure you, like all NHL players went through some tough times.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean it's sometimes it's easier said than done. I mean, it's when you're in the moment and things aren't going well. It seems like everything you do just doesn't work and it becomes more and more frustrating, and then you have outside advice and then you know, you're talked about every day, and it kind of I think it depends on your personality really, like you know, some guys, it really affects adversely, right, negatively.
Speaker 10: I think some guys can kind of roll with it and get through it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 11: I remember, you know, the year I scored the most goals that I had scored was twenty five one year and I had a nineteen game goal of strow that year, and it was like, oh, you know, I was just beside myself. And then I remember we actually were in Buffalo and our team video assistant coach Barry Smith's smudge. He put together a pretty funny clip for all the boys about me not being able to score goals and all the chances I'd missed, and he kind of edited in this street hockey clip and I ended up you know, kind.
Speaker 10: Of loosening the mood up.
Speaker 11: And we had a good laugh about it, and I ended up scoring that night, and then I think I scored twelve of my.
Speaker 10: Next fourteen games.
Speaker 11: So it's funny how sometimes it just takes one moment or one thing to kind of ignite, you know, something positive again. But I mean, the thing with Peterson has been dragging on now almost since he signed that contract last year, so you know, this isn't a one two three months thing. It's been going on. But you know, hopefully he can find his game, you know, not only for himself personally, but obviously for the benefit of the team.
Speaker 10: I mean, the team needs him to get going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, little Amarello just texted our show. He said Horrison was excellent.
Speaker 1: There you go. Things have changed. Man.
Speaker 11: Well that's good to know, because, oh man, I thought there was last time I saw him and there was smoke coming out of his ears.
Speaker 1: Uh, Brandon, thanks for this has been great. Appreciate it anytime.
Speaker 10: Boys. Yeah, you guys do a great job. Always always happy to connect.
Speaker 4: I'll ask you one more question. What's I think we asked you last time? You're wrong, but what are you up to these days?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I'm still chasing kids around a little bit.
Speaker 11: I got three kids at university, a boy playing hockey, two girls playing soccer. I got one daughter who's in grade eleven who's trying to play college hockey. My fishing shows going full swing, real West Coast. That's that's been awesome.
Speaker 10: Doing some commercial real estate with the group out of Vancouver, the Strong Win Group. So yes, staying busy.
Speaker 11: And my big thing right now is I've been working on a clothing line the last three years.
Speaker 10: That's kind of I in uh outdoor apparel, kind of.
Speaker 11: Fishing and boating, and so that's been a that's been a work in progress, but I think we'll be able to launch this fall.
Speaker 1: So lots of action, Rick, could you some gum boots, rubber boots? All right?
Speaker 10: The list?
Speaker 5: Donni and Dolly shirts, Brendan Donnion Dolly shirts, come on nice.
Speaker 4: We'll swap with the shirts you have for your show. Brandon, thanks for this, appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Hey boys, have a great day.
Speaker 4: You bet that great love story. I have a friend, guy by the name of Doug Braiden, who played minor hockey out in the Pitt Metals Maple Ridge Medals, and he thought a really good hockey player, really good hockey player, and he thought he was going places until he saw that guy play in the same association. And I think they were around the same there, around the same.
Speaker 1: Age hockey league too. N C double eight. That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Okay, some business to do and then we'll throw to break.
Speaker 1: March eleventh.
Speaker 4: Able Auctions will sell the contents of a closed wood shop with late model top quality equipment. Highlight items include a BSc clever CNC router, a Technoma x T automatic edgebander, an SCM sliding panelsaw, also forklift, paint booth, compressors, and a lot more. Everything in this well outfitted wood shop will be sold to the highest bidder. March eleventh. That's a dust collection system by the ways that look like rockets.
Speaker 1: Two rockets there.
Speaker 4: For information on this quality woodshop auction, go to Able Auctions dot.
Speaker 1: C A t A.
Speaker 4: Your wood shop sold at auction Rick Email sales at Able Auctions dot CA A b l E Auctions dot ca A. Big Rye is next. Don Intilly the team on check.
Speaker 5: Our podcast is brought to you in part by birds Nest Properties, Lower Mainlands leader in rental property management from finding a tenant to collecting rents and property maintenance. Birds Nest Properties delivers vive star property management services with the reviews to prove it. Birds Nest Properties your Vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the bull said, birds Nest Properties are called today six oh four two six to zero, double nine, double five, or visit birds Nest Properties dot.
Speaker 1: C A.
Speaker 4: Big Ryan with Twitter, guys, But we have so many submissions. I wanted to read one right now. But there are so many submissions, but all of them excellent. Of having trouble filtering through them, I apologize for that.
Speaker 6: Tons good stuff with Brendan Morrison there. I told you guys last night, I think we should get him on.
Speaker 1: You said, I agree.
Speaker 4: There's a long list of Canucks who were successful picked up at the deadline.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think we went through the wall yesterday. But Doug Hollward, you Loo, Marcus Nasm we talked about brand, Benda Morrison, no.
Speaker 6: Shortage, Little Ryan's favorite Canuck all time, Max Lupire. No Brendan Morrison, big gra Twitter, You tell them that. Why don't you telling hey, Brandon like, I'm not gonna look like others in the media they get it's all mushy around people.
Speaker 4: A big fan of Brandan's. He's no big am no, although his name is.
Speaker 1: More did you meet him?
Speaker 4: Great interview? No, talk to him on like a phone interview? Frank, who's your I don't know who?
Speaker 1: Grow up? You like everybody growing up?
Speaker 5: Number one, Well, I'm not gonna name your number one. Frasier folks, Gary Loopole, I love Gary loopol Uh, Patrick Sunstrom, I love You're going through the whole. Patty Squeak, I love pat you. I don't have one guy that is weird man. Doug Hollward, by the way, Number two was great. I love Doug Hawk Hawk big grin the Twitter guy.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 6: I guess when you tell your road hockey stories, you name a different player every time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Tiger Williams, Tiger who didn't Loven Harold, Lars Lindgren, Lars thirteen, number thirteen, Lars lingern Rick Hines, Oh nothing right there, Peril of brass Aar, Jim Nil Yeah, Trevor Linden, Oh, Jim Nil was.
Speaker 4: I'm going eighty two guys? Oh yeah too.
Speaker 1: Ron Rond Freddy Schleebner. Oh and Neil Bellin you get excited. Yeah yeah, Fredericton.
Speaker 6: Big rather Twitter guy. Brought to you by birds Nest Properties. Your Vancouver property managers take care of everything. You don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks at birds Nest Properties a call today six oh four two six zero ninety nine fifty five. That's at Gretzky, Donnie's favorite and a Joevenowski or visit birds Nest Properties.
Speaker 1: Don't get people not sing it here?
Speaker 6: Okay, please Wayne a massive fan of tariffs.
Speaker 1: We just saw that posted today. Uh if you missed it earlier on in today's show. Uh.
Speaker 6: The Canucks announcing Jonathan L. Karamaki has been recalled from Abbitsford. Yeah, in exchange for RD Baines. He's going back down to Abbitsford. I'm bringing this up. I'm bringing this news back to the forefront because our good Dave Hall over Canuck's Army tweeting out the statistics for Jonathan Mcaramaki since he was last sent down to Abatsford.
Speaker 1: So Dave Hall tweeting here, hold on here it is here.
Speaker 6: Points in nine of the eleven games back down in Abbitsford and was a point per game player with seven goals and eleven points for Jonathan.
Speaker 1: Lecarerraba nineteen overall. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, and I believe Abbotsford snapped a losing streak over the weekend in Calgary. They got back on the they got off the schneide, and they got back in the win column. The Abbotsford Canucks did. So there was a lot of people calling for Lacara Maackie. They wanted to see I saw this on Caducks social media with the performance that they've been putting up and the lack of offense they've been putting up outside of Seattle. But we know what the result was. It was like, okay, what about Like, what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Any goals? Yeah, exactly, give it a shot. Yeah, see what's going on here? Not many weapons in the holster?
Speaker 6: No, No, okay, Derek, you've got this video for me the putt Okay, So this I meant to get to this yesterday. But this is a viral clip. Hold on viral clip. Over the weekend, a freshman at Bradley University, for those of you that don't know, Bradley University is in Illinois, he hit a ninety four foot putt on the court at a Bradley University basketball game.
Speaker 1: Okay, ninety four foot and he won a new car. How about how good is that he won a new car?
Speaker 6: This kid, now, that'd be tough to do putting on a surface like a basketball court, Like that's not a green, Like.
Speaker 1: That's matter what surface it is.
Speaker 6: Ninety four feet is pretty problem from two and that's pretty. That's pretty. It's a pretty good feat regardless. So he said, we'll show it one more time. He was interviewed after say his name. I don't have his name unfortunately, so research just he's just a fresh shame.
Speaker 1: O'Brien said, the research that's true, that's true. I don't have his name unfortunately. But this is his quote after I never golfed in my life. My mom and no, that's what he says.
Speaker 6: My mom entered me in this contest, said hey, you might win a car. Go for it, and he said, I don't have a car, so I figured I'd give it a try, which again, it just adds for the more impressive factor.
Speaker 1: Ninety four feet amazing, he pushed out. It was.
Speaker 5: It was a lucky thing. Ryan, you're acting like he tried a thousand times.
Speaker 1: Yes, we realized it's lucky. It's lucky. But still, we've all done it ninety four feet and won a car, but a long one. And we've all had a long one, long put. No, not anything close to this time. You kidding me? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: On a basketball court, We've all taken a shot on a basketball court at half court and got it.
Speaker 1: In with the butter.
Speaker 5: And I'm talking about basketball for crying out, you've made.
Speaker 1: A half court? Are you watching what we're hearing?
Speaker 6: This guy fished out, he lucked out, Yes, we get it, but still the fact he hasn't golfed is amazing.
Speaker 1: What did you say, fished out, lucked out? Fishy fish? I never heard that before. I never heard he fished out. Nick Taylor's a Canadian open put, by the way, seventy two feet.
Speaker 12: There you go, there you go, and there you go. And it's not a basket twenty feet longer. This is a basket. I can't believe in a real golf ball. Yes, I can't.
Speaker 1: He fished out. It was lucky. I can't believe.
Speaker 6: You don't think it's that impressive. Like what about the people, do they still do that impressive one in a million shots. I don't think they want in a million. I don't think they do it in Rogers Arena. If he did it ten more times, you wouldn't get it.
Speaker 1: We get that at Rodgers Arena with the puck like that, and they had the whole that they're very small and it was.
Speaker 6: Blue line like the opposite blue line center ice. Yeah, and I remember that because that one guy won a car. I think here at Rodgers Arena because there's that famous clip.
Speaker 1: And they only have people who never played. I always always you know, they got the stick, they're holding the sticks and they Yeah, the way they shoot is just bizarre. Yeah. But anyway, apparently Dollyball doesn't think this ninety four foot it is all that big of a deal. With the kid credit, I'll talk to Al chris Man. It was a one off. We get that, but it's still impressive. It's still as visual, it's fun. And the fact he claims he never golfed before it just adds to it. He took zero avenue to get there. I had never heard I like him. I never heard of Bradley University to Illinois. I had never heard of him.
Speaker 4: Give us some famous alumni from Badley or from Bradley or Badly.
Speaker 1: We don't need it right now, but later on, Okay, I'll take a look. By the way, speaking of later on, there's been some people, uh sending in some very good submissions for trade related songs I could be using this week.
Speaker 6: Leaving on a jet plane? This is from a good Dale at Noise to go record shop in Chinatown. Leave it on a jet plane? How about hit the Road Jack Ray Charles. That's really good. God, that's it?
Speaker 1: What a song? So think it of Dale? That's that Herbie Puckett went to Bradley? Really? Oh? Should I stay or should I go? With the clash? That is a good one. That's a good one from Rich and Parksvielle That is damn good. Yeah, that's a good sway better. Whoever said let's dance yesterday, I'm sorry, very disappointing. It was me. Wow you got somebody sent it in the inbox. Sorry, that doesn't work. Let's dance, yes dancing?
Speaker 6: You know, maybe there is a visual there you go for, buts not that impressive sentence.
Speaker 1: With Patrick Alvin?
Speaker 6: What if that's like you know, every trade you know before it was made official they had to dance, do a nice dance together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get the two gyms they get away. Yeah, we got the Charles Stack Yeah. Are you with you?
Speaker 5: Attention with sure class great songs? Should I stir?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe we'll get that in the leave it's at and again continue to submit in trade themed related song six O fourty four or the team at check Media dot CA for this week heading into the deadline. Coming up next our good palty sends of scouting Craig Button, He's next, it's done. You know the team I check.
Speaker 4: Tuesday and as mentioned, all of our guests, including Craig Button. TSN Scouting Director is standing by. Brought to you by the.
Speaker 1: Whistler Golf Club.
Speaker 4: Delaney's okay, tiring Langley inbox just before we get to Craig, all sorts of suggestions now that we brought it up. Songs appropriate going into the NHL trade deadline. Johnny Paycheck, take this job and shove it?
Speaker 1: Yes from that's from that's from Dwight. Yeah. Another good one is uh Michael Jackson beat it.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good too. Yeah, Craig Button, I can tell him to beat it. TSN Scouting Director joining us now Craig. Thanks for doing this, sir.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rick, I'm good, Yeah, Rick, trust me, there's some teams that would love the things beat at the.
Speaker 1: Well absolutely.
Speaker 4: What kind of memories does the trade deadline bring up for you as a former NHL executive and somebody who's in the broadcast industry is going to be business busy this week.
Speaker 3: It's fun like it was always fun, because at this time of the year, you're trying to improve your team. Now there's different there's different situations for whatever team you may be with. You know, you're either trying to take an opportunity to improve your team for the future, but that future could be longer term or it could be immediate and that's the Stanley Cup playoffs, trying to get into the playoffs, or in some cases just trying to work to make your team better on a going forward basis. The other thing that I think that I think it's always important to remind everybody at this time of the year is is that so many seeds are planted here at the deadline. There's a lot of deals that are discussed that don't get done, but that leads in to the draft and the free agency and with the payroll range being certain for the NHL teams, there's been a lot of this Ushians that aren't going to come to fruition prior to the Friday. But stay tuned because I'm expecting that the off season is going to be one that you're going to see a lot of aggressive teams trying to make moves with a certainty with the payroll range.
Speaker 4: What are the Oiters getting in Trent Frederick? A deal they made today with the three way deal, But bottom line, Trent Frederick goes from Boston to Abython, what are they getting in him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just going to add in Max Jones, lower case addition to their team. But Trent Frederick, I mean, we talked about the playoffs. It's hard and one of the comments that I always bring forth is the playoffs about who can go the hardest, the longest, and you need doubts, you need hard players. Trent Frederick is a hard player. He can kill penalties, he can play in the middle of the ice, he can play on the wall, but he's no fun to play against. He plays with an aggressive mindset and with an initiative to make life on couple for opponents. That's what the playoffs are about. And Max Jones, to a lesser extent, can skate. He's got that edge to him. I think this is all about the playoffs. I don't think it is all about the playoffs for the Edmonton Oils.
Speaker 1: They've taken an.
Speaker 3: Approach that says, we're going to try to build our team deeper in the forward group. Right now, we know that what they did in the offseason, adding Emberson, signing Klingberg in the regular season, we know that they got star power. So they're trying to get their team a little bit deeper. I think Frederick absolutely does that, and now we'll see what Max Jones can be able to do. You're not going to win if you're light and down your lineup. And so the Edmonton Oilers, understanding what the Florida Panthers had last year where they fell short, this is this is an area they're addressing.
Speaker 5: All right, Craig, the Canucks the deadline, what do you do? They're tied with callaghary final wild card spot in the West?
Speaker 1: Buy or sell? What are you doing?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: Rick?
Speaker 3: I think it's it's such an interesting discussion here with Vancouver and I'll take you both back in time, you know, and then maybe I don't know if it was eight years ago, seven years, six years ago, but the idea, oh, we got to make the playoffs. We've got to make the playoffs. Jim Rutherford himself said this, we're not contenders, and let me be clear what that meant, and meant that not contenders for the Stanley Cup. Yeah, okay, if you feel making the playoffs there's something that you got to do, go ahead, then don't be sellers. I think the declaration by Jim Rutherford, where they find themselves today as opposed to where they found themselves last year, I think they should be selling.
Speaker 8: I think that.
Speaker 3: There's so many buyers and there's so few sellers that I think, and Brock Duster is the guy that comes right to mind. I think Carson Seussy comes to mind.
Speaker 8: You know, when you have.
Speaker 3: Way more buyers than sellers, prices go up. And I think that where the Vancouver cannucts find themselves, this could be real significant opportunity. And you know, I'm not saying give up on the season.
Speaker 1: Bring up.
Speaker 3: Letclm mackie, let him pump punch in there and see what you can get for Besser and Susie. But I think again, if you're gonna fiddle with the dials and just trying to get in the playoffs, or do you want to be a contender Jim's Jim's declared they're not a contender, So this is an opportunity to move your team forward in the years.
Speaker 1: To cop I think Craig j T.
Speaker 5: Miller's got fourteen points in eleven games of the Rangers. I don't think you're surprised he's doing well in New York.
Speaker 3: Somebody told me today that he's got more points in that period of time than Elias Petterson has shot.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so I mean I'm not surprised. I'm not surprised.
Speaker 8: I mean, anybody that's a.
Speaker 3: Canucks fan watched j T.
Speaker 1: Miller.
Speaker 3: You know how he played, how hard he played, how competitive he was. And when I talked to the Rangers guys after they made the trade, they were over the moon because they felt that that type of competitive tenor was what their team needed. It's also helped make his advantaged because Mick is Avantajet kind of had to do all the lifting by himself.
Speaker 8: Now you got JT.
Speaker 3: Miller, who's the frontline guy. It's helped Micks Abanazette, it's helping the New York Rangers, and it's going to help them in the years to come.
Speaker 8: So not surprised at all, Rick.
Speaker 3: And certainly you know it's it's one of those trades right now where obviously there's going to be a lot of discussion and a lot of compare comparisons to what JT is doing and what the lives Peterson's doing, and that's not going to go away anytime soon.
Speaker 4: Seth Jones makes his debut for the Florida Panthers last night, close to twenty three minutes, three shots, one hit, a couple of blocks. They beat Tampa Bay two. One significant win there. What's your scouting report on Seth Jones these days?
Speaker 3: Well, these days I mean good players that end up in bad situations. It's hard for them to be good players. And that's what Seth Jones was in Chicago. But the stalery aside, Okay, like Bob Gainey from this school of thought, he said, there's no such thing as bad players. There's bad contracts, certainly, and that's how sometimes you get measured when you look at what Seth is capable. You said twenty three minutes, DONI he can play those big minutes. He can play those hard minutes. I look at the blue line for the Florida Panthers. You got Forestling, you got act Gled, you got Mikola. Now you got set Joe, big, rangeing, heavy, hard, play the minutes, play against the other team's top players. I think this positioned the Florida Panthers really really well going forward with respect to trying to contend for another Stanley Cup and picking up the salary. Is a seven million dollars a year player. Now for the five years after this, I think Seth is going to fit in fantastic for the Florida Panthers. He doesn't have to be the only defenseman, the front line defenseman. He can just go in and play. And I think that Bill Zeo showed being being big, being bold, and being beautiful helps your team move forward. And that's exactly what Bill demonstrated with this.
Speaker 4: I thought you're describing yourself there for a second.
Speaker 1: Close.
Speaker 3: Well, I might be bold, I'm not big, and I certainly ain't beautiful.
Speaker 1: Guys, I don't know about that, buddy. Come on, come on, we'll talk to you next week after the deadline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we will will.
Speaker 1: Hey, quick questions.
Speaker 8: So you asked me about buyers or sellers. What do you guys think.
Speaker 10: I want to hear what you guys think.
Speaker 4: Well, I've been going on for a long time having them reb I want them to have a focus as opposed to let's get into the playoffs and get a couple of home dates. I'd rather see them I know it's a crazy word around here. I'd rather see them rebuilt, Craig. They haven't done it in fifty plus years. Try something different. That's me why, Craig.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the owner here. He likes playoff revenue.
Speaker 5: They want to win, they want to get in the playoffs, and I don't see him selling a ton here. There's already word that Pia suitor might be on the move this morning because they're nowhere in contract talks. That would be a selling move to me, pe A suitor. But you got they don't want to miss the playoffs, Craig. And if they don't want to miss the playoffs, then they're not going to be huge sellers. They're gonna want to try and that they need offense. They're one of the lowest scoring teams.
Speaker 1: They love being mediocre.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well they need offense, Craig. Yeah, so I'm looking at the owner of management. They want to make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: They need a big, bold and beautiful move. Craig. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, I said, Donnie, I'm gonna use your term now for the next few days, focus focus on what can make you a contender. I love that phrase, So I'm gonna give you all the credits. Hey, Rick, I totally agree with you about the owner and everything that goes with it.
Speaker 10: But you know where that finds you.
Speaker 3: It finds you nowhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Yeah, he calls the shots though, Craig, he's the owner.
Speaker 10: You know that.
Speaker 1: I know, I know that.
Speaker 8: I've worked for owners that call the shots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bingo Yeah, Creig, thanks for this next week, you guys appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Have a good week. It's going to be very very busy. Hear what he said there.
Speaker 4: He wants the Canucks to be selling that's what he thinks they should do. And the other thing is that.
Speaker 1: There's a word I use. You just so happy right now. I've worked for several.
Speaker 4: Years now at TSN ten forty, the funny station, and here, And I told Ryan young Buck, in this business, there's one very very important.
Speaker 1: Word in broadcasting. What's Ryan?
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 1: Focus? Focus's fact button? In fact, I believe your biography will be focused on Taylor something because in this business you get hit with a million different things. You have to focus. Said the young kids. Don't focus today, Donnie and I we get here Arty, Yeah, you focused a lot. I focus. No one focuses more than me. Yeah, I'm twenty four to seven. I focused. I think I'm with Donnie twenty.
Speaker 5: Four sevent When you're stuping your focused onop, Donnie and I have over seventy years in the business.
Speaker 1: Don't talk to us about that. We love focus. You're just so happy. As soon as Button said, he was going to use that as moman in my broadcast, right right right there, Ryan rolling his eyes. Okay, what's next?
Speaker 4: Oh, we have a we're gonna if we've introduced the pull question, we'll update it next.
Speaker 1: Donnie Dolly the team on check.
Speaker 7: Donnie and Dolly the team is supported by able Auctions dot CA Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 4: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets.
Speaker 1: In a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 5: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 4: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email sales at able Auctions dot ca A that's sales at a b l E Auctions dot CA.
Speaker 1: Oh oh gosh, what's the low point ever for you?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 6: In Sync Tony and Poco wrote this in as a trade deadline related song, Bye bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: Insult people, why you love this band? This?
Speaker 6: Little Ryan's first concert was the No Strings Attached to her in Sync.
Speaker 1: Then GM place Little Ryan on the floor for this show. Could you see anything if you're oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah yet that agent? Yeah, and I believe one of the members the bands you like?
Speaker 13: But you remember again, I was like ten, Like this was in the wheelhouse of like Young Ryan and music. The boy bands were exploding at the time, Battery Boys, in Sync, oh town.
Speaker 1: The boy bands were exploding. Yeah, that was the time Britney Spears, you know, the Beatles were considered a boy band.
Speaker 6: Well I could see yeah, I mean I could totally well think about it. I mean, look at you could hear like this is like the two thousands version of like I Want to Hold Your Hand.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, no, like I said, you can't.
Speaker 4: Bubble Gum romancey music will Hold Your Hand is five million times more influential than this.
Speaker 1: No, but okay, you're not understanding. The theme of the song is the same bubble gum. You know, they're focusing on a certain market or whatever. Pull question, visit one of it.
Speaker 6: I really hope button doesn't go on with on write and say. You know, I was talking with Don Taylor and he said, focus.
Speaker 1: Oh, New Kids on the Block. They were good. Okay twenty minutes. That was like the first way you were doing. Mark Wahlberg, Yeah, yeah, what song though they had some big hit step By or your mister boy band. Well, no, new Kids would be paying. Mister boy band would be a good band name, Derek, mark it down. What's it? You got it? You got the right stuff? Oh, the right stuff. You don't even know any of their songs.
Speaker 5: I played it when I was at DJ at nighttime, the right stuff. Buy New Kids on the Block.
Speaker 1: Good. So does the computer say there? Oh? Oh, but yes, this is eighties? Oh is it? I think this was the eighties late eighties, late eighties pole question.
Speaker 4: Visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs, The Waddling Dog, where you can enjoy twenty taps at twenty screens.
Speaker 1: This is so bad.
Speaker 4: You're home for the Cannucktion UFC. Come sit and stay at the Dog today. Oh back in the eighties, JT. Millers say, best decade ever turned. I got Ryan get rid of it our Waddling Dog pup poll question.
Speaker 1: JT. Miller think it and I played this as a DJ. Here's right stuff by the New Kids on the Block. You had to look at your.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 1: Mark Wahlberg is really talented. I like his movies. Yes, and you know he's got He was also Mary Johnny Wahlberg, mart Mark Mark, he was Mark Aberg. Wasn't in New Kids of the Block. Yeah he was, he was. I'm telling you, Donny right there, Donnie, Donny Fan huh No, No, Mark Wahlberg had Mark in the foot Good Vibrations. Is marky Mark and the Funky Mine?
Speaker 5: Yeah that was that was him. I got the brothers mixed up. But anyways, let's get.
Speaker 1: To the poll. Helas a dj must have been awesome. Both these facts that are kids in the block. They had a ton of hits. Well, you get to the question talk about Boogie Knights. WHOA, Yeah he was in Boogie Knights. Yeah, that was a good movie. Mark, JT. See you got you screwed it all up, JT. I brought up Boogie Night, Mark j Focus. Boogie Nights was great. J T.
Speaker 5: Miller has fourteen points and eleven games for the Rangers when he had turned his game around, if he stayed in Vancouver.
Speaker 1: Look at this sixty no see one Boogie Knights mash Joogie Knights.
Speaker 5: Uh, thirty three percent say yes, look at this seventeen hundred votes already it's hopping.
Speaker 1: It's popping. It's not okay.
Speaker 4: So the trade deadline is on Friday. NHL trade deadline is on Friday.
Speaker 1: The Canucks have three.
Speaker 4: I would say, with all due respect to everybody's significant UFAs, let's start with Carson Sussie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Carson and Sushie talked to his agent this morning. Nothing going on.
Speaker 5: Don He's got to prove a trade. The Canucks can come to him and say, hey, would you be willing to go here? That hasn't happened. Yet there's been no discussions about asking Carson Suisi to wave his no trade clause, so there's nothing going on there done. Talk to his agent, Jerry Johansson out of Edmonton.
Speaker 1: This morning, Puce Suitor there.
Speaker 5: Elliot Freeman just reported there's something going on with one of the Canucks UFAs. I'm going to tell you I think it is Pa Suitor. They are far apart in contract talks on His agent was in Vancouver three weeks ago. I think they talked preliminary talks about a contract. I don't think it's anywhere this guy. Canucks got him in a soft free agent market at one point six million. He's not getting one six anymore.
Speaker 1: He is up in the.
Speaker 5: Threes, probably three five, closer to four. Canucks can't afford it. So if you if Ellie Friedman's saying there's traction on one of the UFAs, it's not Carson Sussi, and I've been told it's not brock Besser this morning, it's Pa Suitor.
Speaker 4: Well, yet you have to think to get something for Puce suit or something significant for him is fairly likely given the season he's having can go sixteen goals and you know, is he going to repeat that?
Speaker 1: Can he do that again?
Speaker 4: It's a career high for him. He's always around, you know, eleven twelve, thirty fourteen goals, sixteen.
Speaker 1: This time around with more games to play. That's that's a chip. I think you'd want to play Brock Besser and Brock Besser.
Speaker 5: So I was told this morning there's nothing going on with Brock in terms of a possible trade. So that was shot down this morning. So I've been told nothing going on with Besser and Susie. But Pas Suitor is a guy to keep.
Speaker 1: An eye on.
Speaker 5: They're far apart in contract touched on. The Canucks can't go to three point five to four million with this guy, if that's what the ask is. So he's versatile, playoff teams would want him done, power play, penalty killing, you play in the top six, bottom six, You want to play wing, you want to play center.
Speaker 1: Pa suit Or is your guy?
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, thanks for that rick. Practice today for the Canucks at eleven thirty. We'll see if I was just gonna.
Speaker 1: Say he's hit the ice, do we know, Well, we don't know about that yet.
Speaker 6: The players are just starting to get on the ice, and both Pa Suitor and Brock Besser are on the ice.
Speaker 1: Yes, it'll be curious to see.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow Susie the trade related reasons if maybe anybody is held out of tomurn Night's game.
Speaker 1: The Canucks only game is tomorrow before the deadline. This is from our friend Brandon Bacheler Carson Sussie.
Speaker 6: Nobody hasn't reported that yet, but they're again just coming out of the ice and Thatcher Dempko.
Speaker 1: For people who don't know.
Speaker 5: I believe Dempko is either going to be at this practice or skated this morning. I believe he's getting better. There's progress, don So, there is progress with Dempko.
Speaker 1: Susie is on the ice.
Speaker 5: Quinn Hughes, Quinn Hughes will places the most important player in franchise history.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that guy, So we'll waste it. Starts at at eleven thirty at Rogers right now. Also for people who are just tuning in news regarding RT Baines and Jonathan Leker Mackie.
Speaker 5: So bain sent down to the Absberg Donnie and called up is Lakara. Mackie seven goals in his last game eleven games in absburd nineteen goals, in thirty two games in absburd he is one of the highest scoring young players in the American league. That is a very very important thing done and good for him.
Speaker 4: And obviously people are going to connect dots here, put the puzzle pieces together. If you're bringing up Lecer Mackie, high scoring right winger, I'm repeating myself from the previous segment. But what does that mean for brock Besser, high scoring right winger, a little bit older. UFA. We'll see what happens. We'll deliver the information.
Speaker 1: We're good. You got some business, oh right?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, look at this. Looking for a gift for a sports fan hob on an edition of your man k. Pastime Sports the place to visit check out the largest selection of sports Memorabiley autographed items, training cards and collectible games in Western Canada. Visit four locations you got Langley Metrotown, Guilford Mall and Capilano Mall in North Vancouver. If you can't visit them in store, you can shop their massive collection online at pastime sports dot Ca. Follow them on Facebook and x for the latest info and card drops and in store signings.
Speaker 1: Laftop so Front the Laftop I don't think Maybe I put this up there. I can't remember. The puck on the right is it Trevor Linden inscribed number two overall draft pick puck from the nineteen eighty eight NHL Draft.
Speaker 6: This these are being sold at Pastime after Trevor's latest signing there, he signed a bunch of these pucks special for Pastime. The card on the left is the guy that might be doing some training this week. That's Jim Rutherford, goaltender for the Detroit Redwings. And I should mention this is one of.
Speaker 1: The cards you were Drew of ours mailed to us. He mailed us a little envelope of cards. This is one of the cards. So thank you to Drew for his cards. We appreciate that. And there's the Jim Rutherfords cooking Jim Rutherford with get that back you don't want He was younger there, so where is that?
Speaker 5: No, a very young looking Jim. I didn't even recognize him. He looks like Chico Rush. He's going to the No he does you remember Chico Rush Islanders?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is a disappointing card. And I'll tell you why. Jim Rutherford is such a great friend of the show. But also.
Speaker 4: He's holding his mask there. I think I want to see that mask on. It might have been one of the great masks. It was in National Hockey League history. Simple effective, the back of the red wing logo, like the wing part of it above the eyes. That was a great looking National Hockey League mask. Oh, look at that.
Speaker 1: Look at that. That's terrifying, terrifying. Is that terrific? Just beautiful? You're kidding me, that is terrified. Jerry Cheevers mask was terrifying.
Speaker 4: You're you're thinking of Jason and the Yeah, like, I mean, like it's scary looking.
Speaker 1: How is that scary?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I love that mask. You know. Now.
Speaker 4: You can say what you want about the way the hockey clubs playing right now, the Canucks, but that is a good looking mask. Maybe you should wear the mask this week? Just yes, yeah, Trade deadline, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: He might scare people that are making a good deal. Make it it rest than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you might bring him good luck maybe or not? Okay, a break DTMZ next Downey dolling the team on.
Speaker 5: Check Surry Mitsu issues dropping the park on huge savings this month, score up to six thousand dollars in rebates, no payments for ninety days, a free two year maintenance package, and interest rates as low as one point that's more than us to your bank account. That a first line center that makes eleven point six million.
Speaker 4: Visit Surrey Mitsubishi in store at one three A two oh one hundred and fourth Avenue in Surrey, or check out their vast selection of new and pre owned vehicles at Surrey Mitsubishi dot ca.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's eleven thirty two on a Tuesday morning, Donny Doli on CHECKTV. No time for DTMZ brought to you by the world famous Whissler Golf Club.
Speaker 1: Go see big l out there at Great Track. Great Track.
Speaker 4: DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer design was their golf club extended to announce online t time bookings now open for any time during twenty twenty five. Also a reminder, if you're an organizer of a group of twelve or more, now's the time to launch in your tea times as prime times well, they're filling up fast. Tell us about your group at whistergolf dot com. Forward slash groups eighteen point one million people Oh wow tuned into ABC's telecast of the ninety seventh Academy Awards on Sunday. That's a seven percent decrease from the year before. But that was a combination of ABC and Hulu. There were some technical difficulties which we can relate to with the Hulu, so that might that helps explain the decrease. Also, you can only imagine what those numbers would have been, how big they would have been if Adrian Brody didn't have to speak. I think if you listen closely, his speech is still going on right now, six minutes record apparently six six minutes. It was awful, It was rude, boring, good actor though absolutely the second time, the second time he's won that award and the second time.
Speaker 1: He's gone on too long with the speech.
Speaker 4: Hallie Berry gave himochiss this time, though I didn't see it around.
Speaker 1: Apparently he ignored the playout. Yeah, do I have that correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've done this before. Stop the music and don't you know who I am?
Speaker 6: Really kind of like that, Like so see, that's where I think they need to have like a louder playout then, right, like I.
Speaker 1: Think no, no, like the orchestra, you ignore the orchestra. But second man Metallica blasting. No good luck talking over this, buddy.
Speaker 4: I think you got to go back to the old vaudeville giant hook.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you pull?
Speaker 4: Actually, they had a giant hook from the cartoons I watched as a kid, and they would just pull the your bombing hair off you go.
Speaker 1: Or what if the stage just opens up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he just disappears. You've got some foam down, sure like it could be Yeah, it could be fun.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, why not? Why not? Or just you know what, have a security guy there and say get off, or just have people Denil Smith, will Smith? Have Will Smith? You call me on one minute, you're getting slapped in.
Speaker 4: The faces in the side there waiting or designated boors, people who just boom, Yeah, you're done.
Speaker 1: But the old school vaudeville hook, just an idea you told me. I know, I know, I know you started. I'm supposed to condensed two stories. Will do the other one because it's something that bothers a lot of us about the oscars. We'll get to later in the week. Yeah, okay, okay, okay. Meanwhile, birthdays. It's March fourth, Rick seven birthdays.
Speaker 4: The line is set at six by a good old Bob, Bob the Wand's Magic Shop. You can get a vaudeville hook there. I bet maybe not Bob the Wan's Magic Shop at casino in Wabana, Newfoundland.
Speaker 1: He's concise, he is when he speaks.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Newfoundland. Are you watching any of the Montana's Briar.
Speaker 1: No, well, I thought the Briars in Kelowna. Yeah, it is. What's going on? So the team is doing okay? Each province andctory takes part pro My son loves curling. What when it goes on? He just stares at the TV. I don't know what it is. You and I covered bunch of people. Yeah. Sorry, what was your point about. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Like you said, I said Newfouland and that it reminded me. I watched, I believe yesterday a match involving.
Speaker 1: Newfland and they played well. I can't remember, man. This is what a fact though. I thank you for bringing that in. It's just such a hard sport. It's very hard, very hard.
Speaker 4: I just have nothing but a lot of yelling. It's weird though, that it's called Montana's Briar.
Speaker 1: Why it's corporate name.
Speaker 4: Montana is a state in the us.
Speaker 1: But it's a corporate name. I can't that, but it's Montana. It sounds it sounds strange. It's a restaurant, you know, Montana's fatas is very good. The fitas a Montana's.
Speaker 4: Remember you told me to keep things concise here you're you're going on about Adrian Brodie and now now the the man Montanas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they closed that one, the equipment center, and I haven't been to one since the lay Sports FLEs is still there's one right there? No, no, there's not that one's closed. What they close the oh? Yeah? Right? How the hell can they get enough money together sponsor the Brier? In fact, it's actually I'm not kidding, it's a daycare now that lokate Montana's. Yeah, at the Sportspikes. They make a fata at the daycare. I'm telling you, my kid loves Montana's because that moosehead. Okay, you know that when you have a birthday, you put the moose head on. Have you seen that? You've never seen that? Yeah, you put the moose antlers on. Why are you not taking them a chuck your cheesus? He was he's a little too young. Maybe soon you got that big mouse roaming around. You want the kid to be a little older. Trust me, I know from experience. And the wind up band playing their little song.
Speaker 4: There you know this horror movie stuff? Okay, seven birthdays rock and Roll Connects. Defensemen from minnesot played university hockey at North Dakota near Montana. Drafted fifteenth overall by the Kings of twenty ten. Also played for the Flames, Jets and Bruines.
Speaker 1: Canucks. Defenseman right now, right now, Derek former, There you go, six' four defensemen born In, Climax. Saskatchewan, climax.
Speaker 4: There was A montana's There Bugain nights was filmed. There played junior hockey for The Billings Big. Horns drafted first overall By boston in eighty. Two knee, Problem, yeah retired in age twenty. Seven Avalanche russian right winger drafted tenth overall By dallas and twenty. Fifteen there's no way he didn't cheat.
Speaker 1: There how would you? Know, Mchuskan, well he just came back in the. Lineup Precently.
Speaker 4: Canadian comedian and ACTRESS sctv cast member Played. Moira was On Ship's Creek Old harden or heard.
Speaker 6: No sounded like something in a curling events signed something On Climax's guy.
Speaker 1: O'Hara, O'Hara, hey why is that?
Speaker 4: Funny there was the Right Golden State warriors veteran power forward out Of Michigan, State Draymond. Green you're sneaking a peek at something. Basketball retired lightweight boxer From. Ohio his Nickname. Brick this is for, You thommas him and hers From. Ohio, okay, okay? Lightweight oh hear.
Speaker 1: You like? That hearn's? Name do you? Nickname boom Boom jeffrey Boom jeffrey AND i Was Gonnay Boomo jeffrey boom Boom, NO I i. Don't, Man, well, yeah think of a connect defenseman right? Now, yeah boom Boom? Man how do you get?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 4: YEAH i Mean i've heard the. Name Retired american soccer star From. California, okay you've been.
Speaker 1: Cheating there's no there's no. Way here's the.
Speaker 6: Thing it's a process of elimination with, you because how many how Many californian soccer stars are gonna?
Speaker 1: Mention he's like a household. Name, OKAY i can't think of any other the. Day that's. It that's. It, okay you guys cheated well very. Quickly cathron O'Hearn very. Quickly quinn hughes on the ice for practice. Only goaltenders Though sea, Lofts lanklan linking. It no, no, no, no dem goo no. Go, yeah there's big.
Speaker 5: ENOUGH i would not be surprised To dempko skated by himself before the. Practice i'll leave it at.
Speaker 4: That quinn heughes on the. Ice, Yes Canucks anaheim, Tomorrow Rogers Arena wild taking on The canucks On, Friday dallas Sun we're gonna Have Tom glardi on the.
Speaker 1: Show oh, yeah, yeah owner of The stars on tomorrowrow. Yeah when speaking Of Wild Chark, Club, no speaking OF whi there you? Go is it just me as coming up the late Lou. Reid don't rush me along here.
Speaker 4: Because you messed up this. Segment we're gonna get one of those hoorn eighty three years Ago. Sunday he's gonna play us Out november seventy two and the Album. Transformer this is lou reed one of the great openings to the song and take A walk on the Wild side on Check running on the Wild side on A Bc tuesday.
Speaker 1: Morning is it just? Me it's Next holly came From, miami fla.
Speaker 4: Don't miss a second Of Vancouver giants hockey at THE lac this.
Speaker 5: Season watched the electrifying play of twenty twenty five draft Eligible Cameron schmid as he tears up the ice ALONGSIDE nhl draft Picks Connor, Levis Tyler, thorpe And Colton.
Speaker 1: Roberts season tickets are on sale for his low as.
Speaker 4: Seventeen dollars a, game or grab a flex pack available in six or twelve game packages for.
Speaker 1: His low as twenty two bucks a.
Speaker 5: Game head To Vancouver giants dot com slast season tickets and don't miss.
Speaker 1: Out is it just? Me start us off? Right all? Right here we? Go tell? Me is it just?
Speaker 5: Me Rutherford nelvine are completely responsible for this version of The. Canucks we have too, soft too slow to offensively. Inept The canucks be sellers and start by Selling Rutherford nelvine and getting another management team in here to fix this. Mess, Downhill dave And wister not a happy.
Speaker 4: Camper, YEAH i want to make one correction. Here we keep Saying carson SEUSSI'SON ufa not till next.
Speaker 5: Season we are lumping him in accidentally because they are trying to trade him right.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah and you mentioned he came out of the press box played. Recently it was a showcase. Situation, yes we else he Got, Sorry i'm a little behind.
Speaker 1: Here. UH i just thought to let you.
Speaker 5: Know after The kraken, WENT i had five to Three On saturday, night we Watched Cocaine bear after you raved about. It we loved, It Thanks rick And. Victoria it's a GREAT b, movie great. Funny it was funny AS i couldn't stop. Laughing So ryan rolls his eyes At Cocaine. Bear and yet you're a big fan of In. Sync, yeah and we found out today That ryan has not Seen Karate. Kid how bad is who hasn't Seen Karate kid, one, two and?
Speaker 6: Three it's bad BECAUSE i KNOW i Disappointed derek with. That usually he lets it. Fly Karate kidd was.
Speaker 1: Emotional it was a hero type movie and we loved. It in the, Eighties Cobra kai was good.
Speaker 6: Too, yeah that's the show, right that spin out they both. SHOW i can't believe you haven't Seen Karate, kid like.
Speaker 1: Seriously up years? Later, right it's pretty. Good what was the actor's? Name he's An islanders? Fan oh my Good derek karate kid? Guy what's his? Name, well don't you said? You she hasn't done a movie in. Years you should know. This he's an. Islander Ralph, machio there you, go really good? Actor brandon and U. West is it just? Me or Did pete fish out with that? Contract to?
Speaker 5: This the fish out is a term That donnie AND i are familiar with kids growing. Up we used to, say, ah you fished? Out And RYAN i never. Heard ryan's never heard of fished?
Speaker 1: Out is it just? Me james From? Surrey which band was the bigger boy? Band and? Sinker Backstreet? Boys?
Speaker 4: RYAN i can't answer. That maybe New kids on The, Block.
Speaker 1: New kids on The, Block Wahlberg. Brothers. Ryan, Sorry Now i'm not. Listening what what did you? Say i'm editing. Something i'm not you know What i'm going through that previous. Segment you talk when you're not supposed. To NOW i WANT i want you to. Talk what did you? Say Backstreet boys in? Sync? Yeah who's? Bigger who's?
Speaker 6: Bigger, WELL i mean it's kind of unfair BECAUSE i Mean timberlake's gone on to be a big star and he was in in.
Speaker 1: Sync although The Backstreet boys are playing this spear In, vegas which is a massive. MENUE i don't.
Speaker 6: KNOW i would Say i'm more of an InSync. GUY i think his personal. Preference they're both very.
Speaker 4: Big we got several from this gentleman here ON i got.
Speaker 1: One is it just?
Speaker 5: Me but Doesn't Danila, KLAMOVICH i deserve a look with the big Club brent and Port Port, Moody, yes, yeah you Know, brent he's second in team. SCORING i Think, donnie he's got sixteen. Goals he has never had a sniff with The. Canucks he's been drafted second round four years. Ago he's a fourth. Year they made a big mistake putting him in The American league right out of his draft. Year AND i don't know if you'll ever get a chance with The. Canucks AND i Know brent And pomo believe he's a friend of. Mine oh, Really and he is a If i'm not, Mistaken Abasford canucks season ticket. Holder oh so he would know he knows.
Speaker 4: His Abbotsford, Canucks, Klemovic, milstein Client nick And.
Speaker 1: Langley is it just?
Speaker 4: Me but did anyone Notice iliam mckayev Passed peterson and goals last? Night he scored in That chicago win With Spencer night and goal and he now has more. GOALS i think has twelve goals on the.
Speaker 5: Season, well Isn't peterson's seventh In canucks. Scoring everyone's ahead of, them even In, vancouver.
Speaker 4: Even iliam, mckayeff who was heavily criticized in this.
Speaker 5: Market, yeah here's an interesting, One. Donnie Would brandon tanne come here is exactly what we need DJ. T guess who Signed BRANDON tannev In Pittsburgh Not Jim, rutherford thank. You guess who loves The tanneff family and tried to get his Brother christopher last year In, Vancouver Jim. Rutherford this is a guy That Jim rutherford loves a, Lot BRANDON.
Speaker 1: Tatnef but he's A.
Speaker 5: Ufa and if you talk to anybody who knows anybody who knows, anybody everybody, thinks.
Speaker 1: WELL i screwed that.
Speaker 5: Up, Anyways if you talk to people around the, league they think he's gonna sign In toronto On july first with his Brother christopher and have both tenant.
Speaker 4: Brothers this is unsigned and so bang?
Speaker 1: On is it just?
Speaker 4: Me And a'm paraphrasing?
Speaker 1: Here is it just?
Speaker 4: Me but through the years haven't we heard time and time again That rick's favorite all TIME nhl player Is Tony, Tanty and you didn't EVEN i forgot that list of players.
Speaker 1: That you mentioned.
Speaker 5: EARLIER i mentioned Smil Grideen, Fraser Patrick, Shunstrom Patrick. SCREEKER i Forgot Tony. Tanty he's your. GUY i KNOW i Love. Tony and why isn't he in The ring of? Honor why when is this owner of this team gonna wake up Don Tony tanty who did nothing but score? Goals Like Don all he did in the eighties was score.
Speaker 1: Goals so what does he? Get you don't even remember the?
Speaker 4: GUY i, Agree look at the all time conduct leaders up there in so many, Categories Tony, tanty a break will wrap up the show in the poll question Next Donnie delly the team on. Check The Wabbling Dog pub has been owned and operated locally since nineteen ninety one and has since built its reputation as one Of victoria's favorite watering. Holes with twenty, TVs twenty local and domestic, taps and over two hundred, seats The Wabbling dog has something for, everyone including Every canucks, GAME ufc pay per, views and an unbeatable.
Speaker 1: Daily happy hour from four to.
Speaker 4: Six The dog is your one stop, shop with its attached cold beer and wine store offering up hundreds of local and important, products as well as an extensive inventory Of donnie And dolly. Merchandise their award winning hotel offers dog friendly hotel.
Speaker 1: Rooms that are appointed with antique style.
Speaker 4: Furnishings and modern, amenities and only ten minutes from the airport and ferry, terminal there are countless reasons to, come sit and stay At The Waddling.
Speaker 1: Dog, Doug, Paul, Rick ryan Op The Waddling Dog pop pole, Question, ryan get her? Up all, right here we. GO. Jt miller's got brought to you By The Waddling. Dog got pop pop? QUESTION.
Speaker 5: Jt miller's got fourteen points in eleven games for The. Rangers what do he turned his game? Around if you would have stayed In? Vancouver sixty eight percent say, no thirty two percent say. Yes look at the nineteen hundred. Votes, already it's, hopping it's, popping it's not. Stopping another two points FOR.
Speaker 4: Jt miller last night on a six game point street one, goal one assist last night for the second game.
Speaker 1: In, row and he's been on. Fire And i'm sure there's people In vancouver very impressed with that and some angry yes. Pitchers all, right where we're, Going, well first of, all we're gonna go to THE. Leec sorry, sorry can we do something here? Before? Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeaheah this Some canucks. News Quinn hughes has left practice. Earlier, yeah, Yeah and so this is From Jeff. Patterson the captain has left the ice after about fifteen minutes and a handful of. Drills very much look like a guy battling through.
Speaker 1: Something boy oh. Boy so and there was other. News, oh the other news is That Teddy bluegoer was rotating on the fourth line and there was them on so whether or not he he's gonna get scratched tomorrow, NIGHT i don't. Know AND dpd he looks like he's getting scratched. Again uh for The canucks, NOW i mean who? Knows the. Hughs, yeah pictures right where we're, Going we're going to THE Lec all. Right look at.
Speaker 5: This this Is aaron In south fand he won the tickets to The giants game courtesy Of donny And. Dawlly look at this what a great looking a bunch of guys Here aaron In south fand took a bunch of buddies to The giants game that Was sunday, afternoon.
Speaker 6: Right, guys, yeah The nickelodeon. Night aaron's got the hoodie on their second from the.
Speaker 1: Right, yep look at.
Speaker 4: That well thanks To aeron of, Course lac this week busy with THE Bc Boys High school basketball. Tournament we're gonna have the howardful hopeful, hopefully HOPEFULLY i Have Howard on to talk about.
Speaker 1: It where are we going, now, right we're going, OVERSEAS i, think, right, yeah. Overseas. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah this Is barry From kamloops who's In canto del SOLOR i practice this a ton A canto del sole port Of varda uh and From barry From. Kamloops and look at this the bucket. Hat look at the. Picture look at the beautiful water in the. Back, donnie look at this, done Look i'm looking look, anyways look at. Hat, yeah bucket. Hat and That's barry From kamloops in the port. Beautiful, yeah, yeah, absolutely that's.
Speaker 1: It. There we're gonna go what twenty seconds?
Speaker 4: Again Quinn hughes leaving practice early as we, speak And rogers ready for The connects and anim, tomorrow Dem Co nod on the ice, FRONT i got that, right okay on behalf Of Ryan Derek, rick everybody here At Oh boy And. Check i'm done and you're up to day the world of.
Speaker 2: Sports thanks for listening to The donnie And Dolly. Podcast be sure to follow us On twitter At donnie And dollie for all the latest show.
Speaker 1: Content