Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And it's time to find out what is going on. What's up with Nick Poliochini who joins me in the studio. Nick is good to see you again. So you on Saturday. I got to see you on Saturday.
Speaker 3: And if you have not tuned in to Later with mo Kelly tonight, I found out that I'm a condiment according to real Mark Ronner. So you have to make sure that you check out the podcast so you catch that.
Speaker 2: So people put you on hot dogs, you can put me on hot dogs. You can put me on toast.
Speaker 3: You can spread mews to that one.
Speaker 2: That's your own business, all right.
Speaker 3: So going to Saturday hop Keto Invitational was incredible. So is the SoCal hop Keto Invitational. The first one. I have never experienced hapkto before. I have seen karate like you were talking about with the Karate kid before, never seen hot keto. Absolutely an incredible experience. If you have not seen a I don't know exhibition, a.
Speaker 2: Confistration turn it. But it was even cooler.
Speaker 3: On top of it was then because now real quick, just to pull back shirt. Hopketo is based in Korean culture correct correct, as opposed to U karate is je Japanese correct. Okay, I just want to make sure everybody understands that. So we saw an exhibition from a group of incredible young people that was showing some of the arts and the performing culture of Hapketo as well, I'm sorry of the Korean culture as well.
Speaker 2: That was Cape, a Korean American youth performing artists.
Speaker 3: So it was well worth the five dollars when we talked about it last week. You got to see Mokelly, who did not get to see much of it himself, only orchestrating, m seeing, refing, you name it. He was calling the shots. It was incredible, but it was so much fun. So thank you again for having me out. But it was a great opportunity again one of those last call, not quite free ninety nine, but five bucks to see an incredible filter shows. It was a real show and it was really really impressive from the eighty bitty mini little teeny tiny little guys and girls all the way up through.
Speaker 2: You know, and the black were kicking assames, they really were, and especially some of the exhibitions with the knives and the difference knives gun defense. I'm thinking in short stick defense, right. I saw it was really really good. So anyway, that was incredible. Good to be here.
Speaker 3: What I want to talk about is what's happening for me tomorrow and Friday and Saturday here in the Southlands and tomorrow. If you happen to be going to Disneyland, you can be a part of this as well. So this is something that Gary Hoffman from the Gary and Shannon Show here on KF and I are very much into. And it is the Savannah Bananas, which is banana Ball out of Georgia, and they are actually going to be doing Savannah Banana Days at Disneyland. So if you're not familiar with the origin of Banana Ball and Savannah Bananas. Back in twenty fifteen, Minor League baseball left Savannah, Georgia, and after ninety years leading Grayson Stadium without a team, Jesse Cole and his wife Emily arrived with the ambitious goal of making baseball fun again and reviving the stadium spirit.
Speaker 2: Long story short, it is.
Speaker 3: This absolutely incredible two hour limit game that has a very strict set of roles. No stepping out of the batter's box, no bunting, doing so actually gets you ejected from the game. So we'll showing it right now on Yes, if you want to see a new act factor, you can actually see Mickey Mouse and Jesse right now. The man in the yellow tuxedo. He very much reminds me of Curious George and the Man in the Yellow hat. But this is a slightly dressed up version. But yeah, this is something that is so unique. And so it is four teams in the Banana Ball League currently. It started out with Savannah Bananas and their arch rivals, the Party Animals. Also they have added the Firefighters and the Tailgaters to it. Allegedly, all four teams in Banana Ball will be at Disneyland tomorrow and I will be finding that out because I will be leaving here getting a nap as I was just talking about with stuff fush and getting up at five am and over to the Disneyland resort to enjoy a lot of that. But if you have not seen the Savannah Bananas or the Party Animals, or the firefighters or the Tailgaters, then you've been living under rock. Because this is the for me, the epitome of what baseball is meant to be. This is America's pastime, and these are incredibly talented athletes, predominantly men, but they're also gone co ed in the last couple of years, since twenty fifteen, so there are quite a few really talented former Olympian women from the women's softball team they also are playing. So it's a really really fun thing. But I've never I mean, tickets are only forty bucks per seats and I'm going to bed and even if you wanted the high end version, seventy five dollars. And they're going to be performing here performing what am I saying? Playing at Anaheim Stadium, so Angel Stadium over in Anaheim, and then they will be back in September and they'll be down at Petco Park in San Diego.
Speaker 2: So those are the two local ones.
Speaker 3: But last season Gary Hoffman even found tickets for one of the resailers and literally hopped on a plane and flew up to either Sacramento or Santa Clair. I don't remember where they were performing or playing. It is kind of a performance. That's why I'm getting it a little bit tongue tig here because these guys sing, they dance, they perform, and they're incredible athletes.
Speaker 2: You've got right now. One of the players is actually on stilts.
Speaker 3: If you're watching YouTube right now, you can see exactly how fit these guys are. So if you're into that kind of thing, I don't know. I'll look in the chat in a minute. But these guys really put it out there, and they're equally as talented as major League baseball players.
Speaker 2: If not. I used to have abs like that. I have no doubt my minds that see. I tell you it was nineteen ninety It was when I tested for my black belt to tile this together, So it was nine twenty seven, ninety seven, that's what I last had a six pack, and that was the initial because your fifth degree? Correct?
Speaker 3: So was that at fifth degree or is that your original black Yeah, but you think that your fifth degree?
Speaker 2: Now that's wild. Yes, it's been a lot of injuries and workouts in return, but you know, flowing down in my old age on. You know, you're compared to some of the other people in this building, you look fantastic. I appreciate it. Yeah, it's hard to get out of the bed and more I'm sure no I feel that.
Speaker 3: But so anyway, if you want to see any of this fun and excitement going down at Disneyland. If you're not already have a reservation, there are still tickets available if you're going to Disneyland. Uh, the game on Friday and Saturday are both sold out, so you might be able to find some resale tickets sold They sold out just like you were talking, like in minutes. So this is such a popular thing, and I think it really That's why I say it really is the best representation of quote unquote America's favorite pastime, baseball, because they play their hearts out, but they're also so versatile in the creativity that goes into it. So it's it's something that's very unique and different. If you want to see all the fun and excitement going down to Disneyland or this Friday and Saturday over at Anaheim Stadium, always check out Nick Pouliochanni and this weekend with Nick on Instagram.
Speaker 2: And this has got my goodness, No, it's wild, like it is one hundred percent well worth checking out. I can't You couldn't pay me to get on stills and then try to swing a bat and hit a ball and run down the baselines.
Speaker 3: Well, the funniest part is so this and I don't I apologize. I do not remember this player's name, but I do remember his story. Look on YouTube. He went and try it out, just like you would any type of baseball, any type of sports. He tried out for the team and he was solid, but he wasn't great. He didn't shine, and they asked, well, do you have any special traits? He goes lock on stilts and they said, well, can you hit a ball on stilts? And he said, I don't know, let's try it. So they literally and that's his claim to fame. And so now he literally is with the Savannah Bananas, travels all around the country. And this, to me, the easiest description that I haven't hit on yet. If you love the Harlem Globe Trotters, which are an incredible ambassador team for basketball, this would be baseball's version of the Harlem Globetrotters. The difference is Harlem Globe Trotters is one team that takes on other teams.
Speaker 2: No, they take on the Washington Generals. That's it. Okay, don't ask me how I know that they play the Washington No, I get it.
Speaker 3: So anyway, long story long, Yes, you can check these guys out.
Speaker 2: They're incredible.
Speaker 3: Both Savannah Bananas, the party animals, the firefighters, and the tailgaters will all be there. I love it, even to the point that they're cheerleaders. They have the Banana Mamas, which are all I believe, over forty women, hey, and then they have the age group the man Bannas is the males and let me tell you these are Dad bought extraordinary, So all of it's worth checking out again Nick polio'channy this weekend with Nick on social media, and then you can also see them Savannah Bananas, party Animals, the whole nine on social media and you can find out the Lincoln bio at Nick poleio'channy this weekend with Nick.
Speaker 2: It's later with Moll Kelly. We'll have more with Nick poulio'channi is as far as what's up with Nick in just a moment. We're live on YouTube and I can't stress this enough because the show is growing by leaps and bounds. If you can see if Nick is talking about it, then Daniel is showing you it instantaneously, instantaneously, so you don't have to wonder about it, you don't have to rush to some other link to find it. Just come to YouTube at mister mo Kelly, lock us in subscribe like and it makes it easier for you to join the party each and every night. It's off the chain in the Motown Chat. Motown is where we live, evidently in Motown. Yes, I love this, and you can watch the show as we talk about it. It's not abstract, it's in real time and it's live on YouTube. We'll do it live. We're doing it live.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from kf I a M six forty.
Speaker 4: What's for You.
Speaker 2: What kf I YouTube, Instagram and the I Heart Radio app. It's Later with mo Kelly and I'm continue to be joined in studio by Nick Poliochini. What's up, Nick? What's up? Brother?
Speaker 3: Let's go to San Diego, which I know that so many people in the chat enjoy when I talk about San Diego, Orange County, the and LN Empire. I have got a handful of those things available for you right now. But the San Diego Zoosa Bary Park, that's where I took my mom and my nieces this past Sunday for Memorial Day holiday weekend and it was incredible and I had not been there since.
Speaker 2: It used to be called the Wild Animal Parkark. Yeah, now you're going back to regen what I was.
Speaker 3: Saying, like, that's how we grew up. So you had the San Diego Zoo and you had the San Diego Wild Animal Park, which are both the same company, both the same family. But a number of years ago they rebranded the San Diego Zoosa Bary Park in Escondido, so North County San Diego out the fifteen to the Spari Park. And it is legitimately that you get so many opportunities to be able to check out all of these animals in a very open environment. So while there is a protection and barriers, you can see if you're following us on YouTube right now at mister mo Kelly, you can see there's a between you and the animals. Here they get to roam free. And the thing is the vast majority, if not every single one of the animals, other than being born in captivity, are all rescues. And I think that's the biggest thing that's really important is to hammer home is this isn't people going out and poaching animals. It's just you know the same idea with SeaWorld these days, they're not going out and getting new animals. They're taking animals in that are rescues, They're taking animals in that need to be taken care of a lot of times. It's been a good number of years, but there was even a period of time for the Wild Animal Parks, specifically before becoming Safari Park, that they were actually taking retired Hollywood actors quote unquote animals, you know, four legged Hollywood actors, and they were being able to retire there. So if you have not gone, it's really good now. I was able to get seventy six dollars, got me season passes for my nieces and they are six and nine.
Speaker 2: But even for me, it was.
Speaker 3: Only it was it was less for me to take my nieces and my mother and myself and go there than to go to any of the local theme parks to us here, and we got to go on the African Tram, which takes you through the back area in Savannah. I would say, if you're looking for something new, fun and different to do for summer, since we're almost there. I mean we literally came out of a Memorial Day, which is the unofficial holiday like beginning. This is a great opportunity for you to go check out because it's both fun and educational.
Speaker 2: I would want to go again because obviously haven't been since I was a child. Sure, honestly I wouldn't remember it. I wouldn't recognize any of it. But as we look at it on YouTube, it looks like a completely different experience than anything I remember hundred percent.
Speaker 3: And I think the thing too, especially because both of my nieces are very into animals. Haley, my eldest that's nine, she wants to get into equine so she wants to take care of it horse horses specifically. And then Ella, who's my six year old, she specifically is more into the smaller animals. She was in heaven with all the small wild cats because she loves cats in general, domesticated cats collective. That's but yeah, so I agree with you, having not been since I was a kid, and going through and not just experiencing it again for the first time myself with the new Safari Park and everything else, but then taking the younger generation and watching it through their eyes. I have some incredible memories that were made, so it's definitely like that insight out from Disney. It's the core memories that are being made there a couple other things that are coming up this week and this weekend in the Southland one of my favorites, which unfortunately because I will be dedicating my time to the Savannah Bananas. If you didn't catch that part, be sure to check out the podcast. You should definitely tune into later the Low Kelly nine o'clock on Tuesdays when I get to join the team.
Speaker 2: But and we have the YouTube podcast.
Speaker 3: You have the YouTube so you can see the video component of it too, which is great. But Monster Palooza is going off this weekend at the Passing and Convention Center. This is one of the many events that I talk about because my birthday is Halloween and I'm a big fan of Halloween, horror and Haunt. But Monster Palooza, what is even cooler is it's the art of monsters and movie magic, so it's not just scary things. You actually get to see some of these incredible industrial light and magic which used to be part of Lucas Limited. They always represented there, even the New Iterations and a lot of the incredibly talented makeup artists that are from that do show up at this event, So that's well worth your time to check it out. Relatively and expensive, and it is so incredible, especially if you're looking for something. This year, they'll be offering the famous Monster Poluzat Museum, which is going to be featuring a lot of different private collections of so people who have been in film or television and they have some of these really epic masks and everything else. These people are opening up their homes and letting the collections go to the special museum. That'll be at Monster Pluza that's in Pasadena at the Convention Center. And you can still get tickets. Also, we're coming up on Pride Month, so that is just around the corner. Out Loud Music Festival.
Speaker 2: We hope.
Speaker 3: Pride is happening this weekend at West Hollywood Park. And what this has become more than anything, is a music festival, a mini version of Coachella. So Saturday it'll be Lizo, kempetra Uh and a lot of other headliners, and then on Sunday you've got Remy Wolf, Honey de Jon, and Paris Hilton. If you're into it, even Rebecca Black will be there from ants Friday Friday.
Speaker 2: Paris was just here a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, that's what I was saying, like, so all of this stuff, these are going down in West Hollywood Park or at West Hollywood Park for the Out Loud Music Festival, and then if you're looking for something in the Inland Empire, and I'm kind of excited that I might try to figure out how to get out there, even though I've got so much going on this week.
Speaker 2: The Beaumont Cherry Festival.
Speaker 3: Never even heard of it until I was doing a little bit of homework, but it starts Thursday, runs through Sunday, and it's at Noble Creek Regional Park out in Beaumont. So Beaumont is pretty much where the ten and the sixty come together. In the Inland park is that it is Sanbardino County, Correct County, Okay, right, so Sambardino County, but it's heading out toward Cavazon. So if you have ever been to any of the KFI Casino Marongo events, it's closer than that, but you'll be able to. Family Night is on a Thursday, and so that is from five until nine pm. Friday is from five to eleven, Saturday at noon to eleven, and Sunday from noon to nine. Again, it's in the Ie so it's a little warm. It's gonna beautiful weekend, but the Inland Empire definitely a little bit hotter. The coolest thing that I saw and I love. If you're familiar, one of the stations I worked with was ca Cal ninety six seven k Cal Rocks in the Inland Empire, and I was a part of Stu Tupinian Gjimbo their morning show, and we got a lot of different artists because we used to do the ke Cal Caegers and Red Hot Cholo Peppers. We're one of the artists, so think of Red Hot Peppers, So think of the Red Hot Chili Peppers catalog with a Cholo spin. It's an incredible thing to see. So that's going on on Thursday. You've got all sorts of different music acts. Eighties Ladies, a female cover band of eighties music is on Saturday. You've got a Swift Nation, so a cover band for Taylor Swift is on Sunday, and so much more. So you can get details of this and everything else checking out the Lincoln bio at Nick Pouliocane.
Speaker 2: This week I'm a Nick on social media.
Speaker 3: You can also check the show notes here for either the YouTube podcast or for the audio podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: It's perfect. You can check out the YouTube podcast. It is archived immediately after the show, so you can watch it whenever you want to watch it. And everything that you're seeing live right now on YouTube will be there later for you. No putt intended, and you can find it and as if we're live in the moment.
Speaker 3: And the biggest thing too, if you do any of these events I talk about, or there's anything else going on in the Southland, slide to my dms let me know what's up. I always love checking out new things. I like finding out different areas for San Diego, Orange County, Riverside County, San Renino County, ventor you name it. I've smoking a test cover a lot of ground.
Speaker 2: Yes you do.
Speaker 3: And it was great seeing you this Saturday. It was so much fun. Thank you again, and I really had a great time. Because supporting the local community is something that we all kind of It got a little rough around twenty twenty when we had a pandemic and it was kind of odd. So getting out there and being a part of the community is so much more important. I think that's why I was so excited to sit there with the moms and dads watching their kids compete or having exhibition game.
Speaker 2: It was amazing.
Speaker 3: And those kids, be they the little itty bitties or up through the twenty somethings, were so incredibly talented. So it really is well worth. It a very different and unique way to spend my Saturday.
Speaker 2: So hope to do it again next year. But I hope to see you again very soon. Oh absolutely, you'll see me plenty. It's Late with Me Kelly. Thank you very much, Nick, Paula Leucchini. We're live everywhere on YouTube, Instagram, at the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: KFI mo Kelly Live everywhere on YouTube, Instagram and iHeartRadio app, and please tune in to the YouTube show. You get to see all the magic that Daniel, our video technical director, is creating. As far as this video landscape, it's not a different show from the radio show. It's a different way for you to experience it. When I'm telling you about how people are running out of the studio to eat some cookies, you get to actually see it. It's not theater of the mind it's actual video theater in front of you. Those cookies are dangerous. Oh they're dangerous because they'll they'll make you eat everything in the box. Yeah. Quite possibly some of the best cookies I've ever had. Shouts out again to the Cookie Cafe and the Cookie Cafe. They make breakfast, burritos, oh, hot pies, what they do all types of goodies. So God bless you good cookie making angels for making this happen. What's the website? The website is the Cookie cat Ohdcookie Dot Cafe. Wow, that's nice. That's pretty cool. Yeah, the Cookie Dot Cash. Chris, you know, it's so nice to bring us snacks. He didn't bring us anything. They were already here. Oh they're already here. Yep, they were here. I was just holding on to him. Sorry, dang no, no, no, make a man not give him credit for that. We had to have sweet crepes, omelets. Oh, we got to have a brunch over here. We gotta have a brunch to a live remote. Yeah. That means that Stephan need to cook at the food and bring it to us. That'll be your brunchy time. Where's their nearest location or the three zero six five, one thousand Oaks Boulevard, Unit H in Thousand Oaks. Okay, that means Stephan's gonna have to drive a thousand Oaks. Yeah, that's not close. That sounds like some uber eats. Yeah that is all you b Yeah that's not exactly close, but it would be worth the drive very quickly. Short segment. We often talk about Neuralink that's supposed to be that brain chip that Elon Musk is creating where you can control technology just with your thoughts, and I've always been skeptical because of the non demonstration of the product. It's one thing if you're saying that it can do this, it can do that. It's another thing if you actually show us, look, demonstrate to us that it actually works. But more times than not, all we get is this guy who had the neural link implant in his brain. Tell us about what it can do or the range of motion or the capabilities that it had from what I read again read, because they won't show us. This guy, Nolan Arbaugh couldn't be left alone for thirty minutes now, he says. He says he can play online chess and perform other daily tasks despite becoming paralyzed after a diving accident in twenty sixteen. He says he can write an email by simply using thought. Oh wait a minute, if we're talking to that guy, why can't he just show us? Why can't Why are you such a doubter? Quote? I just have cursor control, so I'll go into my email, you know, click around. I don't have any I don't have to say anything. It's just I think, I think, I want to click, and it clicks whatever I want. And then after that I will use either dictation or I can use a virtual keyboard on my computer screen to type out whatever I want to say. Close quote, Yeah, can you just show us is shown? Isn't this from the same guy whose rocket just failed and whose cars keep getting recalled? Okay, okay, the same guy. It's the same guy. But I don't believe that Elon Musk actually builds the cars or builds the rockets. He's not that type of engineer. Oh so he's just a figurehead. Yeah, yeah, he's a finance star. He gets he's the money man. Oka, he's not Tony Stark. And this neuralink genius idea is it's we're seeing the video here. He's literally neuralinking right now? Would you do it, Tuala? Would you get one if I was paraplegic, Yes, I want a neuralink plug my brain in. So you take a neuralink for a test drive while in a weimo. You know what if I am paraplegic and I can no longer drive and I want to, you know, get myself somewhere. Yeah, I'm gonna get in a way moo. But I'm gonna I'm gonna have a weymo come my way by way of neuralink. I'm gonna let the neuralink mind link to my phone or whatever my app straight tuamo come to me? Can we be clear? Elon Musk is not Thomas Edison. He didn't invent anything, right, He's he's facilitating the growth of these companies, which I think is admirable. He's had tremendous success in growing companies. But that's different from being a I don't know, Steve Jobs, for example. You're not the creative driving force behind the technology in the sense of coming up with the ideas and then developing the ideas and the products which are associated with him. It's a big difference. No one is giving props to Musky on this. No one has given him any props. No, but we refer to this, we say, you know, this is neuralink elon Musks company. Some people wrongly interpret that is that he is the creative genius behind it, other than you know, maybe hiring the people. Possibly. But these are also people who think he invented social media with his purchase of no no no, no no no. That was more like Al Gore, who invented the Internet. I'm so done with people. I just think it's reasonable if you get a neuralink in your head to expect it to catch on fire at some point, you have to assume that a lot of people have to die for this thing to work. Now, all the monkeys already died, Remember we covered that. Now I know that the monkeys I said I'm talking about somebody is in people know all the monkeys died. That was enough, the monkey trials were enough to go on and put it in this gentleman's head for him to be sitting here tapping out whatever he wants just by thinking. I call bs okay, I called it's a magic trick. There's someone on the other side of the screen typing on a keyboard that's so called rook three tonight seven. Why are you trying to take this away from this man? I'm sorry. Look, I'm a conspiracy theorist. I'm not a believer. I don't believe that he's using his thoughts to type on a keyboard. I don't believe that. Why because you're telling me there should be some way that you can demonstrate. We keep showing the video on YouTube of him bringing up stuff with his mind. What more do you need proof? Look, he's right now, this is him. Okay, if you tuned it into the YouTube, show he's using his mind.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: But right now they're showing the implantation is a pan or teller in this because it's look at the real No, look at that thing. That is amazing. It's like a little chip in playing and look, this is real. This is happening right now. It's a it's a it's a predetermined string of moves on a video game with the guy in the neurally he's not doing anything. It's a washer. They're putting a washer in the guy's skull. This, this hate is unnecessary. Neuralink is yet another step towards our future that is helping these individuals to live a fully functioning life where they can communicate, don't need any help type in somehow. You not to say, hey, send this message to mow. No, you can neural link that message to mo. Why can't he do something? Use it like the clapper, like clap, clap his tongue or something, click his tongue, turn on the lights or something. I want to see somebody behave like the clap clap clapper. No, you're so wrong. That is wrong. It's not wrong. It's all about science and make it useful. Don't you think that the world would benefit from a mouth clapper to a mouth clapper, mouth clapper, You got to use your mouth. Can't use his hands a clap, he's a paraplegic. Sink it with your internet. If use your neuralink to start up the air fryer? What, yeah, demonstrate something useful? Why would I have a neuralink to play chess with a computer. He's also sending out emails as if he's typing out messages. He's doing all types of things. He's scanning the internet looking stuff up. He's doing everything that you and I do. So he can send a spam from the neuralink. Now what a good science marches on? Doesn't it spam from the neuralink?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, honey, turn off the light. Has this ever happened to you?
Speaker 6: Presenting the clapper that's your apply and says turn on and off just by clapping clap on the music. It's easy. Just plug the clapper into any household outlet. Then plug in your LAMB, TV or stereo cup cut off for places hard to reach, the clapper makes it easy. Plus, the clapper comes with an extra feature to make your home more secure. Turn to the away function and your lights turn on at the first sounded. Heres minutes later, they turn off and the clapper resets to help protect your homes. Leave your appliances plugged into the clapper and your lights will go on turning away on.
Speaker 2: What of guests clap.
Speaker 4: The clapper?
Speaker 2: It's later with mo Kelly care if I am sin is forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app. Hey don't laugh at technology. I'm not. I'm just thinking instead of clapping this one. You got to throw a Nazi salute. Don't act like I'm the one who get it. Mark Runner, he's on film camera on Mark Runner he's on film. Mark Runner, don't have that because I get the hate mail. I get your hate mail, I get to Walla's hate mail, and that Mark Runner, I want you to tell I'm being serious. You need to tell Mark Runner that you need to tell to Wala. No, I don't. I asked on messages put out your social media notekeeper you're worried about mail from people defending a Nazi salute. No, I'm just saying I don't want to hear it from them for something you said one way or the other. Tell them to go away. Mack Schnell, please, I please? I nine nine nine. What's German for news? I don't know.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty, I.
Speaker 2: AM six forty YouTube, Instagram. It's Later with mo Kelly live everywhere. Let's check in with George Nori Coast to Coast AM coming up in just a few moments. George, how was your Memorial Day holiday? We spoke briefly yesterday, but how was it overall?
Speaker 5: Well, we worked and we did some great shows, and I had a great time, and we paid tribute to our troops fallen and otherwise and that's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Well, quick question, what's your favorite hip hop artist? Is it? Kendrick Lamar? Who? Old dirty bastard? Who wu tang elk met him? Okay? All right?
Speaker 5: He walked right past me one day and went, Hi, cool.
Speaker 2: You like that? It's ll but that's okay. What's not the show of night? Choice tonight?
Speaker 5: Pharmacist Ben Fuchs from Critical Healthnews dot Com joins us, and then later on we're going to talk out after death communications on coast to.
Speaker 2: Coast hip hop Maven George Nori.
Speaker 5: You're setting me up.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 2: It's a genuine question.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get you.
Speaker 2: Yes you are. Bye. All right. Here's my final thought, and it's been swimming around my head for a while, but I think now it's the time to talk about it. In today's political climbing, often encounter people who blindly whatever the party leadership supports, no real understanding of actual issues, just blind support, no consideration of whether something is an actual principle or just a naked political act. I'm real big on principles, but I bet you didn't know this. As of twenty twenty, and since Liberty University was the fourth fastest growing endowment in the country and outpaced all Ivy League schools. You don't have to take my word for it. That comes straight from the university website, and Christians don't ever lie, so it must be true. Liberty University also has six hundred students from seventy five different countries. Liberty Universities then president Jerry Folwell Junior, pumped millions of the nonprofit religious institutions funds into Republican causes and efforts to promote the Trump administration, and Fallwell formally endorsed Trump in a twenty twenty cycle. Liberty University receives close to a billion dollars in federal funding you know, pel grants, financial aid packages, YadA YadA, YadA, blah blah blah. It also spent more than two hundred thousand dollars in lobbying just last year. And although it's a private Christian university, it is and has always been overtly political and anti Democratic Party, anti Democratic Party politicians and their causes. None of what I just told you is illegal, nor is it debatable. BYU's endowment is fifty percent healthier than Liberties and features double the amount of foreign students, but publicly BYU is politically neutral. Like I said at the beginning, I'm real big on principles, and I'm really really really big on people answering simple yes, no questions. So here we go. Here's the question, and it's a very simple one. Is it now acceptable for sitting presidents to go after individual universities or institutions for not being in political alignment with him being the president? Of course, I'm making a comparison to the Trump administration and Harvard University. But before you add remember this. Supposedly this was always and only about whether Harvard had addressed the alleged anti Semitism on his campus in the wake of the pro Palestine and Godza protests in recent history protecting Jewish students. But there were no federal lawsuits levied against Harvard by the DOJ Civil Rights Division, which is designed to address exactly those things. Just trust me. I studied this. There were no federal criminal charges against any staff or university administration official as to criminal conduct. To put it another way, there was nothing that anyone could point to as wrongdoing on the part of Harvard in a civil or criminal sense on a federal level. So there's no legal predicate here, not a legal not a civil rights violation, No laws were involved here, So that only leaves say it with me politics just politics. So back to my simple yes, no question. Is it now acceptable for sitting presidents to go after individual universities for not being in political alignment with him? The president? I'm talking about the person, not the law, but the person or personal politics, because this would mean the next Democratic president, and there will be one some day, but the next Democratic president could conceivably strip Liberty University of its three quarters of a billion dollars in federal funding, or say, not teaching about the gay rights movement, or not teaching critical race theory. Oh my god, you'd be okay with that right. Or we could say Liberty losing all of its federal funding for not handing over conduct records of its international students when demanded, regardless of reason. You'd be okay with that right. Or how about this, try to strip Liberty of its tax status as a nonprofit tax exempt institution for engaging in political lobbying, which I said it did, and endorsement of political candidates, which it did, and it's part of the public record. You'd be okay with that right, because all of that has been attempted by the Trump administration with Harvard just talking about apples to apples. I know, I know that must be different. No, it isn't, like I said, No law has been broken, no legal implication involved, except for the countersuits by the university against the president. These are super simple questions because I need to know if your support is for the principles or just a person and their politics, because you can't support President Trump's personal war against Harvard on principle and also not see how Liberty University just for example, could be ended and forced to close its doors for good just by using the same yardstick and same tactics. Because it just seems to me, and maybe I'm wrong, doubt it, but it just seems to me that some people just like freedom of speech just as long as you get to tell people what they're free to say. It seems like, and correct me if I'm wrong. It seems like you're okay with private universities having autonomy and being able to enroll foreign students just as long as the federal government and the president that you like dictate the terms. Be clear, we're not talking about visas. The federal government has told Harvard University it cannot enroll international students without its approval. That's wholly different from visas. We're talking about enrollment. Are you ready to lie to me tonight and say that you would have been okay with Joe Biden telling Liberty University who it can or can't admit or roll enroll at the institution? Go ahead, lie to me. It's like the whole idea of small government slash government overreach is not really a principle, but a clothing style which might change with the season. Stylish today, maybe not after next election. To support this war on Harvard on the supposed merits and not blind allegiance to one person is to suggest that Liberty University, among others, they're fair pickings to endure the same in the future. I personally don't care. I have no educational dog in this fight. I didn't go to Harvard, but I do care about the implications I have no idea of. This is connected to the rumor that Baron Trump was denied admission to Harvard. I don't know if this is revenge for the dissolution of Trump University. I don't know, but here's what I do know that there's a reason that the phrase quote unquote dangerous precedent exists. If you can't stand on principle, you can't stand at all. And principle doesn't only work in one direction, because that's a boy band, not a form of governance. For KFI AM SINX forty, I'm mo Kelly.
Speaker 1: I've heard any of our secret mind control hidden messages recently?
Speaker 2: No, that's because we're really good at it. K f I and k O S t h D two, Los Angeles, Orange County live everywhere on the eart Radio F