Speaker 1: Listen to this conversation, guntaka Gordon, we get us in good dunka azifreshtian Deutsche nuenbisian since the Americana, Yeah, Americana abazifshtians good dodge nine nine nicht.
Speaker 2: Near the end of this conversation, you heard the word aba, which means but listen to the conversation.
Speaker 3: Again, Guntaka Gordon, we get us in good dunker azifreshtian, Deutsche nuen bisian since the Americana, Yeah, Americana abazifrestians good dodge nine nine.
Speaker 2: N Tell me the name of the German language in German Deutsch Deutsch, say I understand German.
Speaker 4: Is freshta Deutsche.
Speaker 2: Now say a little ambisci, say I understand a little German ifreshtia ambiscian Deutsche only a little bit.
Speaker 4: Hu ambition.
Speaker 2: Suppose someone said something to you in German and you didn't understand what was being said, how would you tell the person that you don't understand isfreshtnicht isfrescht a nicht say excuse me, I don't understand.
Speaker 4: In schrudigen zie ifrechtnicht.
Speaker 2: Ask me how I am.
Speaker 5: Beget us en beget us inen.
Speaker 2: Do you remember what this means? Literally? It means how goes it to you? Eski it it goes? Now? Answer I'm well or I'm fine.
Speaker 4: Escude me a good, escid me a good.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Dunker dunker?
Speaker 2: How do you say hello in German?
Speaker 5: Couldn't tug gudn tag?
Speaker 2: And how do you say good bye?
Speaker 4: Afrida zien alfrida zien?
Speaker 2: Ask me again, how I am.
Speaker 5: Bigitti's enen?
Speaker 2: How would I answer not very well?
Speaker 4: Nichtziergut, nichtziergut.
Speaker 2: How would I tell you that I don't understand German?
Speaker 4: Ifrechtya Kandutsch, ifreshtya Kandutsch.
Speaker 2: Now ask me if I'm an American.
Speaker 5: Cinci americana, cinci americana.
Speaker 2: That is how you would ask a man if he's an American. Now listen to how you would ask a woman the same.
Speaker 4: Question, Cince the americanavan.
Speaker 2: Let's practice how a woman would say she's an American.
Speaker 5: Listen and repeat americannoran connoran connoran americanaan Americanoran.
Speaker 2: Now practice distinguishing between the masculine and feminine forms. Listen and repeat the two.
Speaker 4: Endings conna connavn conna connavin, conna connavin, Americana, americanavin, Americana, AMERICANAVN.
Speaker 2: Say American, referring to a man, Americana. Now referring to a woman, AMIRICANAVIN. Ask a woman if she is an American.
Speaker 4: Since the AMERICANAVIN, since the AMERICANAVIN.
Speaker 5: Now ask a man the same question, since the Americana, since the Americana.
Speaker 2: Listen to the man's answer, yes, I'm an American.
Speaker 4: Just listen, yeah spin Americana.
Speaker 2: Now Here is how to say I am Listen and repeat ish bin.
Speaker 4: Bin bin.
Speaker 2: Say the word am bin bin, Continue repeating I.
Speaker 4: Am ishpin ish bin ish bin.
Speaker 2: Say I am.
Speaker 4: Ishpin.
Speaker 2: Say I am an American.
Speaker 4: Heshpin Americana, ishpin Americana.
Speaker 2: Once again, say I am ishpin, I am an.
Speaker 4: American ishpin Americana.
Speaker 2: How would a woman say that.
Speaker 5: It's been Americana n ithpin Americana ran.
Speaker 2: Here's how a man would say, I am German. Listen and repeat ischbindutcha deutscha Deutscher bim ich bin ichbin Deutscher. And here's how a woman would say this.
Speaker 5: Ichbin Deutsche Deutsche ichbin Deutscher.
Speaker 2: Practice the contrast.
Speaker 5: Deutsche, Deutscher, Deutsche Deutsche.
Speaker 2: Now ask a man if he is German.
Speaker 5: Cincy Deutsche.
Speaker 2: How would he answer, No, I'm an American.
Speaker 4: Ninepin americana, nam spin americana.
Speaker 2: And now ask a woman if she is German.
Speaker 4: Since he Deutsche, since he Deutsche Deutsche.
Speaker 2: Now you answer for her, I'm an.
Speaker 5: American epen americanaan.
Speaker 2: Here's how she would say, I am not German. Listen and repeat.
Speaker 5: Epen kinda doutscha, kina kina epen kinda doutcha.
Speaker 2: Now, speaking for yourself, tell me that you're not German. If you're a man, you'll say it one way, and if you you're a woman, you'll say it another.
Speaker 6: Open kind doutscha, open kinda doutcha, open kind doutcha, open kinda doutcha.
Speaker 2: Suppose you wanted to ask, and you listen and repeat unc.
Speaker 5: Und und unz.
Speaker 2: Now what is the word for? And in German.
Speaker 5: Und und.
Speaker 2: Say I'm an American, and you.
Speaker 4: He's been americana, U s.
Speaker 5: I been americana ran on si.
Speaker 2: Say to the woman you are American.
Speaker 4: Seasoned americana van.
Speaker 5: And to the man, sea isn't Americana.
Speaker 2: And now say to her you're not an American.
Speaker 4: Seasoned kinda Americana, van kina americana, van sez in kind of Americana.
Speaker 2: Ran say the same thing to a man.
Speaker 3: Isn't kind Americana. He isn't kind Americana.
Speaker 2: Ask and you see say I'm not German.
Speaker 4: He's been kind doucher, he's been kinda doucha.
Speaker 2: Now you want to say, but I understand German. Listen and repeat the word.
Speaker 4: But aba aba aba.
Speaker 2: Now you say but abbah, And now say and.
Speaker 4: Undt udn't.
Speaker 2: Say but I understand.
Speaker 4: Aby frishtia aby frishtia.
Speaker 2: Say but I understand German?
Speaker 4: Awby freshtia Deutsche aby firshtia Deutsche.
Speaker 2: Ask and you unci ask the woman, are you German?
Speaker 4: Since he Deutsche?
Speaker 2: Ask the man the same question, are you German?
Speaker 5: Since he Deutsche?
Speaker 2: Do you understand German?
Speaker 5: Firshtian zi Deutsche?
Speaker 2: Answer? I don't understand very well?
Speaker 4: Is freshannicht is freshicht.
Speaker 2: Now let's learn how to say please in German. Listen and repeat bitter, bitter, bitter. How do you say please?
Speaker 4: Bitch?
Speaker 2: Say excuse me.
Speaker 4: Intruding?
Speaker 6: And the.
Speaker 2: Say you are.
Speaker 4: These isn't the isn't.
Speaker 2: Say I am.
Speaker 4: Ich bin.
Speaker 2: Say I don't understand.
Speaker 4: Is fristianist.
Speaker 2: No nine how do you say? Please BITCHA say I don't understand German.
Speaker 4: Stee kanduche kinduche.
Speaker 2: Now say as a man, I am not an American.
Speaker 4: He's been kind Americana.
Speaker 2: Say you don't understand English.
Speaker 5: See fishte in kind English.
Speaker 2: Say to a woman you are not an American.
Speaker 4: Seasoned kina maricanovn kina maricanoven.
Speaker 2: Say to a man you are not German.
Speaker 5: Seizan kind doutcha.
Speaker 2: Now say I am an American and.
Speaker 4: You ishpen Americana.
Speaker 5: Unci I been Americana and unci.
Speaker 2: Ask a man, are you German? CINCYDUTCHA How would you ask a woman the same question?
Speaker 4: Cincy Deutsche?
Speaker 2: Try to ask do you understand only German?
Speaker 5: Festin zignu Deutsche.
Speaker 2: Ask how are you.
Speaker 4: He gied us in an.
Speaker 2: I am well, escape me good. How would you say, no, I'm not well.
Speaker 3: Nine escapemnished good nine escape minished good, I'm not very well, escape minished so good.
Speaker 2: Try to ask are you well?
Speaker 4: Gid us in good, get us in in good, get us.
Speaker 2: In in good, say yes, thank you, yeah, danko say please.
Speaker 5: Bitter, bitter.
Speaker 2: Ask are you well?
Speaker 5: Keet us in in good.
Speaker 2: Say yes yes. By saying yes twice, you add emphasis in German.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Imagine that you see a woman, you know she's some distance away, so you want to called to her. How would you do it?
Speaker 4: And trudigen Z.
Speaker 2: Yeah, her name is missus Meyer. Greet her.
Speaker 4: Couldn't talk for maya.
Speaker 5: Ah, gouldn't taka gordon?
Speaker 2: Ask her how she is.
Speaker 4: You get us enen.
Speaker 5: Good dunker? Won't you get us enen?
Speaker 2: Just give me a good has give me a good dunker, say excuse me?
Speaker 4: And trudigen Z.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ask her if she understands English.
Speaker 4: Firstian, the English Firstian, the English.
Speaker 5: Nine hergden?
Speaker 2: How does she tell you that she doesn't understand English?
Speaker 5: If ficht your kin English? If fish do you can English?
Speaker 2: Now she's going to ask you a question which you are to answer since the Americana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been Americana, Yeah, Americana.
Speaker 2: And now say, but I understand German?
Speaker 4: Abbey firstia Deutsche? Are they freshtia Deutsche?
Speaker 2: You'd better add a little.
Speaker 4: I ambis.
Speaker 2: Maybe you'd better say not very.
Speaker 4: Well nichtszeer good, nichtszeer gud.
Speaker 2: Listen to her reaction and respond no.
Speaker 5: No abati firstin they're good dodge.
Speaker 4: Nine nine nine nine.
Speaker 2: Now she'll say something to you. If you don't understand, tell her.
Speaker 5: So I find this is good dodge.
Speaker 2: In truly in the Freshticht, she'll repeat part of what she said.
Speaker 5: Listen, Tishprechen, they're good.
Speaker 2: What she said was you speak very well.
Speaker 3: Listen again, Sishprechen, they're good, tish Prechens, they're good.
Speaker 2: Tell her, no, not very well.
Speaker 4: Nine nists are good.
Speaker 2: How would you say goodbye?
Speaker 4: Offidas? In Offidas in fromaya.
Speaker 5: Alfidas in her garden.
Speaker 2: This is the end of today's lesson. When you continue with the next unit tomorrow, please begin with track number two.