Speaker 1: You're listening to KPI AM six forty the Bill Handle Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: She bought a steak and cheese sandwich at a local subway for seven sixty one. She claimed that when she opened the sandwich, she found carry the one two hundred percent less meat than she saw advertised, said two hundred percent.
Speaker 1: When you have two hundred percent less meat at one hundred percent, there's no meat, right.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, and now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 4: Why it is a Thursday morning, October thirty one. Oh hello everybody, Let's start with I'll end up.
Speaker 5: With Amy because we can get right into Dodgers for a moment. Neil, good morning. Are you in a prison cell?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That's my Halloween costume?
Speaker 5: Excellent, very strong, YEP, I like that. I like that. Okay, anyway, Happy Halloween. And there's con O. Good morning, heavy Halloween.
Speaker 1: You are dressed in costume, your shirt, in your hat and your yes.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and then I'll turn into it Nil's wearing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly what does that say on your T shirt? You know I can't see all of it. Oh, never trust someone's not muni By the way, uh, in is that you because I'm getting an echo.
Speaker 3: No, that's that's that's true.
Speaker 5: That's true. It's all Halloween and then and good morning. Hello.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Amy, a couple of things, because you are now the star of the opening of the show. First of all, uh, Dodgers, of course won last night World Series. And you noticed that Yankee Stadium as Dodgers won, the entire stadium broke out in silence. And that is not It's much more fun winning at home, There's no question about it. Because there literally were maybe twenty people cheering and that was it.
Speaker 5: And that was on the field as they ran out.
Speaker 6: So now you silence a Dodger fan ever heard?
Speaker 5: Yeah? All right, So let's start with your outfit.
Speaker 1: You're wearing the T shirt that has the Halloween and the ghost and the pumpkin and you know, and sort of animated figures. And oh, believe me, I understand the Dodger hat. Now, that Dodger hat looks like it's about thirty two years old. That's about as frayed, or if not frayd, it's certainly lost all of its color and its vibrancy.
Speaker 5: What's the story there.
Speaker 7: Bill, I paid a lot of money for it to look this way. Really, yeah, it came this way.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: It's like those jeans that are modeled and ripped and people pay three hundred dollars for them.
Speaker 5: And when I was a kid, you know, my gene, we threw those away. It was embarrassing. You were poor. You looked, you know, we patched the jeans and my parents did that.
Speaker 1: And anyway, that's where I got my cheapness.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's exactly it, you know, and you look horrible and it was terrible.
Speaker 1: In any case, what else about the Dodgers? They won, and then of course it's broke out. Yeah, the riots broke Come on, guys, I almost wish that the Dodgers would have lost only because of the Riots breaking out.
Speaker 5: You know, it's a baseball game, guys. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: It's an opportunity to come.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, you know, if you're gonna if you're going to loot and steal, you know, why do you wait until the Dodgers win? Why don't you just do it on a weekend when you have nothing else to do?
Speaker 5: Well, I wait for a World Series win.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny because before the win I started hearing all of the helicopters.
Speaker 3: Above our house.
Speaker 2: I too, Yeah, we're yeah, we're stones throw away from Dodger Stadium, and we knew it was going to happen eventually. And then the fireworks light up our security cameras and make everything go off, and it's it was a long night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that he's very tired.
Speaker 5: Although there were a lot of people.
Speaker 1: In costume dressed up as cops that were all over the city and then.
Speaker 2: Glue bottles and rocks on their helmets to make it look like they're being yeah, grown up, but all cops are bastards.
Speaker 3: I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's just it's just horrific.
Speaker 1: It really is, all right, So we got that, got a little bit of politics.
Speaker 5: Rampant fraud going on in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: Of course there is now it's one hundred and thirty lawsuits have been filed already in anticipation of the election on Tuesday. By the way, some which as I rip into those lawsuits, some are legitimate attacking early voting, attacking drop boxes, saying that that is not legitimate according to the law, attacking how votes are counted.
Speaker 5: There's one in.
Speaker 1: There's one case in I think it's Bucks County, Pennsylvania, which twenty five twenty five hundred votes were done irregularly in the sense that people didn't check off I am a citizen or they did, and there's some doubts. That's twenty five hundred. They've been segregated. They are investigating, investigating. I mean, the system is working exactly as it should. But of course the lawsuit was filed anyway, So we're going to talk more.
Speaker 5: About that coming up. A lot going on today, and then my daughter is getting married day after tomorrow. I think I'm going to riot.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to like the trash cans on fire at the White House, the Anaheim White House.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna steal everybody's shoes. It's gonna be so much fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, guys, let's do it. It's time for Handle on the News on this Thursday morning with Amy and Neil and me lead story.
Speaker 5: Amy, you take it, okay, this is your story.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers have won the World Series.
Speaker 6: They came back from five runs down to win.
Speaker 7: They beat the Yankees seven to six in Game five and win the series four games to one.
Speaker 6: It's their eighth title.
Speaker 7: It was a big night, and I will say thank you to the Yankees for making so many mistakes.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they really blew it.
Speaker 1: And I actually watched the last half of the game and it was it was actually nail biting. Matter of fact, one of the commentators one of the best lines, there aren't any nails left to chew to chew on, and I thought that.
Speaker 5: Was that was pretty good.
Speaker 1: If you notice how many pictures did the Dodgers go through? What eighteen twenty six? That's what they do now? Whatever happened to a pitcher pitching nine innings?
Speaker 5: What is that? They used to always pitch nine innings?
Speaker 7: They did, but they don't anymore. And Walker Buehler, who's normally a starting pitcher, came in in the last inning and got the save in the game.
Speaker 1: I just don't get the pitching who they pulled out a couple of games ago, someone who was on a tear was doing great. Boom out he goes, and everybody starts screaming and cheering and chat and clapping.
Speaker 5: Why don't they keep them in.
Speaker 3: Because they're more expensive than ever before?
Speaker 5: Well maybe, but I assume they keep men if they're on their way to a no hitter.
Speaker 7: I would think that's about the only time they would keep them in for a full game anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, real quick, and this one I actually know only World Series game ever a perfect game twenty seven up, twenty seven.
Speaker 6: Down, which which one was nineteen fifty six?
Speaker 5: Don Larson.
Speaker 3: For time? Pardon before my time?
Speaker 5: Yeah, before my time too. All right, now, one more before we take a break.
Speaker 6: This is a real Disney downer.
Speaker 7: A guy who used to work at Disney and worked in the department where they made the menus, got fired and then apparently got into the system and started hacking the menus, including things like taking peanut allergy markers off of menus, putting profane language, changing prices, and apparently he was doing this for months. But Disney says it has identified and removed all the altered menus before they got shipped out, and so no harm, no foul on that end.
Speaker 6: But the guy's in a lot of heart water.
Speaker 3: That's sad.
Speaker 1: You see did you see a sign outside of UCI Medical Center near Disneyland That hospital happiest place on earth. Just take a break, we're starting. It's going to be Dodgers all morning long.
Speaker 5: It is. I can't wait for this.
Speaker 3: I wish I dodged that one, all right?
Speaker 2: Straight out of North Korea, they're testing, they test launched a suspected new long range missile and guess what, everybody, It's designed to strike the continental USA, so says their neighbors. Now, as you know, we here in the United States warned about the North Korean troops in Russia that we're putting on donning the Russian uniform heading towards Ukraine. And they're trying to augment the Russian forces and join the war because they're running out of men to kill in Russia.
Speaker 3: Hello, listening on.
Speaker 5: Now it is I'm just waiting for Miami.
Speaker 6: All right? Change is it coming?
Speaker 1: On?
Speaker 6: What happens next Tuesday?
Speaker 7: How Speaker Mike Johnson has pledged massive reform of the Affordable Care Act if former President Trump is elected president. At a campaign events yesterday in Pennsylvania, he told attendees that Republican leaders are weighing how to overhaul the fourteen year old law.
Speaker 6: They say.
Speaker 7: He said that the ACA is so deeply ingrained it needs massive reform to make it work. And he says, we've got a lot of ideas on how to do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, a couple things about that.
Speaker 1: First of all, the ACA is so deeply ingrained, he should have stopped right there. Donald Trump walked that back so quickly and said, there is there.
Speaker 5: We have no plans to change the ACA.
Speaker 1: Fifty million Americans are now covered under the ACA, and it has become another third rail. It's like saying we're going to get rid of Social Security or we're going to get rid of Medicare ain't going to happen, And it's just not And it's one of those things where Mike Johnson is so conservative that anything a Democrat introduces is bad by definition.
Speaker 5: If it's democratic, it is bad.
Speaker 1: And here it was at an event, it was campaign event. Someone asked him about it and he just immediately said, oh, no, we're going to get rid of it. Yeah, no Obamacare, one of the attendees asked, and he goes, no Obamacare.
Speaker 3: So okay, they're going to change the name to the Affordable I Don't Care Act.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's just a good point, but it's just way too ingrained it truly, no politician at this point will screw with fifty million people covered and effectively say you're not covered anymore, or we're going to change the way you're covered and how well, we don't know yet, but we're going to change it. You don't get elected on that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah ten years from now. Yeah, it's gone to be part of the fabric.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well already is. And Donald and Troid, I mean understands that.
Speaker 1: Trump understands that even though there have been sixty three attempts by the Republicans to overturn Obamacare, and Trump has historically been trying to overturn a diet politically and also morally, he realizes that you just can't do that. So Mike Johnson can spew can spew all he wants ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 2: At least ninety five people die in a massive and devastating flash flood in Valencia, Spain. They have this intense rainstorm that started on Tuesday, continued throughout Wednesday, tons of flooding across the southern eastern Spain and just a massive the Videtts in the rivers, ruined home, I mean just crazy.
Speaker 1: That video for one street had cars that were just strewn all over like you just took toys and threw them down the street and they were piling up. He said that one of the villages or that part of Spain. Valencia got more rain in one day than they get in a year.
Speaker 5: Oh it was look at the video.
Speaker 1: N ninety five people already dead and a whole bunch still unaccounted for.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and the transportation is all up in the air. They have issues everywhere.
Speaker 5: Oh and I saw in the.
Speaker 1: News that there are two hundred people that are trapped in an Ikea store, which is true, by the way, I'll tell.
Speaker 6: You you speak, trapped in an Ikea.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, but when this is said and done and they finally get out there, they're never going to eat another beatball.
Speaker 5: I guarantee you.
Speaker 6: Schwartzenega wants to terminate Trump.
Speaker 3: Get in the chapu.
Speaker 6: There you go. That's much better, Thank you.
Speaker 7: Arnold Schwarzenegger says he doesn't trust most politicians.
Speaker 6: He hates politics.
Speaker 7: He is not happy with either political party right now, and a big long diatribe, a big thing okay on X and said he's casting his ballot for Vice President Harris.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he pointed out something which I thought was important in telling and that is he is not screaming about this because he or wants the endorsement or have people follow him because he's a celebrity.
Speaker 5: He does it as a former governor and having dealt with politics.
Speaker 1: And he's absolutely right. Politics is completely disgusting now. I mean it's crazy and I don't care which side you're on. It is disgusting now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No one focuses on policy, and they're like that he brought that up. It's like, hey, you got to get back to policy. Policy. Policy.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's not what's it's all right.
Speaker 2: Uh, the election is in the dead heat, as we all know, going back and forth, and the term garbage is now at the top of everybody's focus. And Donald Trump and his gang, trying to troll the situation, got off his plane in Green Bay, Wisconsin on Wednesday evening and he had that bright orange safety vest on and he got to a garbage truck with.
Speaker 5: His name and his logo on it. Yeah, to make his point. He made his point.
Speaker 1: He made his point, by the way, in reference to Joe Biden calling Trump followers garbage, Well.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny is Trump has a wing nut of a comedian come out says this stuff, and Trump gets nailed for it. You've got Biden who comes out and.
Speaker 2: Calls, you know, his voters garbage, and what you get is a bunch of headlights going. Did the president really call him garbage? Is it possessive or is it plural?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: He did? He absolutely did. Yeah, No, he absolutely called him garbage.
Speaker 1: Now here's my question to show that the Republicans, and I think successfully have conflated Joe Biden with Kamala Harris.
Speaker 5: Joe Biden said it.
Speaker 1: Harris well, and is there any differentiation when Joe Biden says something stupid, uh, says something just nuts?
Speaker 5: Just like Hillary Clinton calling Trump supporters the deplorables?
Speaker 1: Does anybody remove that because she didn't say it and he did, And it's so crazy right now, it's they're one and the same.
Speaker 5: Biden and Harris. One is one politician.
Speaker 3: He is the head of the of the Democratic Party right now.
Speaker 5: Actually he is not. Actually I'm going to argue he no.
Speaker 1: He may be president, but I think as Donald Trump, who is a non president, controls the Republican Party, Joe Biden, who should control or historically would control as president, I think he has given that up. I think the Democratic Party has given that up. And it's Kamala Harris who was the party.
Speaker 3: He should be the head. Of course he should.
Speaker 5: But and that's traditional.
Speaker 1: And although Trump controls the Republican Party far far more than Harris Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry Trump didn't. Trump didn't say that garbage line either.
Speaker 5: No, no, absolutely not. He did not. No, he did not. And this is what's happening. It attributes to him.
Speaker 1: He had no idea probably who this guy was. And he says, I have no idea. I don't know who he was and who he is. I completely believe that. But it was the Trump campaign that put him on. And if a campaign worker puts on this crazy guy, it immediately goes to Trump, whether or.
Speaker 5: Not he knew this guy. It was a five hour rally. I mean they had person after person after person up there.
Speaker 1: So you know, Joe Biden screwed the pooch on this one. You cannot call Trump followers garbage. Harris came back and walked that back, and of course refused to say that. Joe Biden just blew it. Oh no, you can't say that. You have to defend no matter what. And she said, I want to be the president or all the people, even the garbage.
Speaker 3: She just no, she didn't say that which is the right Which is the right answer? I agree with her answer that you want to be the president for all the people. But the thing that bugs me is you can't make intellectual you can't have intellectual discourse anymore.
Speaker 5: You can't.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what stud That's exactly on one side or the other.
Speaker 3: It's as you see him, all right, would you rather be.
Speaker 6: A childless cat lady or garbage?
Speaker 5: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do a childless cat lady.
Speaker 5: But again, that's not Trump. That's not Trump. That was jd. Vance. Trump did not.
Speaker 6: Say, well, it was Biden and not Harris.
Speaker 5: That's the whole point I'm making. Very good, Then you're right, I'm making that point of Biden. And it's true we're not voting for that's the whole point. I understand that.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is someone in the campaign says something and it's immediately attributable to the other person.
Speaker 5: That's the problem.
Speaker 7: The US economy seems to have pulled off a remarkable historic achievement, and that is a soft landing with days to go before the election. Though the majority of voters say they are not happy with the economy.
Speaker 2: That interesting how all these talking points have kind of gone away on one side or the other. You know, it was Joe Biden was old. Now Trump's the old one. The economy's bad, and now it seems to be pulling up nos all right. Supreme Court on Wednesday allowed Republican officials in Virginia to revive a plan aimed at removing non citizen voters for the roles ahead of next week's election.
Speaker 3: So the justices blocked a federal judges ruling that put the program on hold and required the state to restore sixteen hundred voters on the rolls. But the brief order noted that three liberal justices on the court, which has six to three conservative majority, all dissented.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, this I think is a legitimate lawsuit because it yeah, you know, of the one hundred and thirty lawsuits, you were going to see some that are legitimate.
Speaker 5: You're not going to see widespread fraud. That doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: But some technical issues as to when a vote is counted, When exactly a vote is received by the voting authorities, is when it's postmarked, when it's received, how it's counted. All of that totally legitimate. But that's The problem is there's a lot of conflating of the two. And one quick point about this, Most of the lawsuits that were filed to invalidate the previous election that Joe Biden won, the election that he actually lost, according to those lawsuits, were filed after the election. We've got one hundred and thirty already filed before the election, and that's as of yesterday. So obviously we're going to talk a whole lot more about that, particularly in Pennsylvania, the state going on right now that both sides have to win and that's up at seven.
Speaker 6: Donors are having second thoughts.
Speaker 7: Transplant experts say they're seeing a spike in the number of people who are revoking their organ donor registrations.
Speaker 6: And here's why.
Speaker 7: There was a guy in Kentucky who was apparently mistakenly declared dead. It happened in twenty twenty one. It was highlighted in a congressional hearing last month. And here's the allegation. The man had been declared dead days earlier, woke up on the way to the operating room to get his organs harvested, and initially they were talking about not stopping the surgery.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well not the doctors.
Speaker 1: It was the organ donation folks that did, which is totally aberrational, I mean, just crazy aberrational.
Speaker 5: This is a an incident.
Speaker 1: Uh And I've never heard of an incident like this happening over there since organ dooz all started.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe they didn't stop the other one.
Speaker 5: Looks a good point.
Speaker 6: They're not around to say.
Speaker 1: Maybe after the heart lungs are gone, someone says, hey, I'm not dead yet.
Speaker 3: You never ever see a good boot job or a good spam a.
Speaker 1: Lot, you know, I'm not dead yet. That's what they're saying exact. But the shame of this is organ donation has dried up. I'm not dead yet.
Speaker 3: He's mostly dead, mostly did. Yeah, that's that's rough.
Speaker 1: And the shame of it is people are bailing out thinking that there's going to happen. Something similar happened in the Victorian Age where people were afraid of waking up in the coffin and all of a sudden they're still alive. So they there was a string in the coffin connected to the bell, right, and you ring the bell, and therefore they dig you up. Okay, And when you know how many people actually did that? If you look at a bell curve, You'll never mind. Let's take a break.
Speaker 5: Nobody did.
Speaker 2: It was the bodies natural switching and stuff, and they assumed people were still alive. Los Angeles County filed a lawsuit this week against Pepsi, Coot, and Coca Cola for their alleged role in negative impacts on the environment and public health, saying neither company is doing enough to fight the problem. The Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit basically contends that the Cola has made misrepresentations about like the recyclability of the plastic containers, that they failed to disclose significant environmental and health harms using those plastic beverage containers, and it's all their fault. The county can't take any responsibility because they're the ones that told us that we can recycle them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Pepsi is being being sued because they're fraudulently claiming that they taste better than diet coke.
Speaker 3: Diet pepsi is better than no, thank you, thank you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard Have you ever heard anybody asked for a pepsi and send the waitress person, usually female or male, say is diet coke?
Speaker 5: Okay? I have never heard that.
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard anybody say, wow, that was a good show, bill?
Speaker 7: Okay, apparently Elon Musk and former President Trump are kinda in the same boat. You know that the value of X has tanked since Musk bought it, and yesterday former President Trump's social media stock took a huge hit. Truth so owner Trump Median Technologies groups share price plunged twenty two point three percent yesterday. That's the worst one day loss since it went public in March. Not exactly clear but caused it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so his his non investment, because I don't think he put a diamond. This thing has dropped and it's now only at what two and a half billion.
Speaker 3: Dollars for him? No, yeah, I've five point nine Oh.
Speaker 5: I think that's the entire amount. Oh no, you're right. I think that the shares are four point six billion dollars now after the tumble. Yeah, you're right, he almost fifty seven percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think he's fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, he's fine.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Ken Jennings is apologetic for a problematic Jeopardy clue. I don't know what's so problematic. I don't need it was said Dorothy Parker famously said men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well that on, which is totally an true but well it.
Speaker 5: Doesn't matter, but that was the answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I didn't know why that's sexist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's looking and they're one of the contestants. Is a gall wearing glasses goes? That's problematic?
Speaker 5: No, it's not. Come on, so men seldom make passes and uh and here is the answer.
Speaker 3: Come on, that's late, I mean no, so ceembrarians.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what, let's stop at that. Okay, I'm done. North Korean troops and Russian uniforms are heading towards Ukraine. Fine, we know that. Okay, guys, you're.
Speaker 3: Just going to read through these now. You may throw out those.
Speaker 5: Down there so we can hit fourteen. That's all.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, we are done. As I said earlier, Oh before we do. Uh, Amy just reminded me I did this. We did this story about how organ donations are way down because of the story we did yesterday.
Speaker 5: Uh and it was two three years old, the story about a guy still being alive when they were starting organ donation. The surgery.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we talked about it with Jim Keeney yesterday at eight o'clock and he took it deeper into that. So if you want to listen to that, that's worth listening to. Jim is always worth listening to, and at eight o'clock. So you can go on demand at the iHeartRadio app right or kfi AMS.
Speaker 3: Six forty or you can find them with both places.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, exactly, thank you much. Okay.
Speaker 1: KFIAM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six
Speaker 1: Am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app