Speaker 1: Three minutes after five o'clock. Happy sixth day of Christmas.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it?
Speaker 1: We're already halfway through the Christmas season. And for those of you that weren't listening last week, you know, everybody seems to be confused in terms of when the twelve days of Christmas occur. Twelve days of Christmas don't occur up to Christmas. It actually begins on Christmas Day and then extends for the next twelve days through the twelfth night, which is January the fifth, and then the Epiphany on the sixth, which is the day that, according to legend, the Magei the three Wise Men appeared and this was the presentation of the divinity of the Christ Child. So again I kind of rail at people to take the Christmas decorations down early. They should all stay up for those twelve day period of time up until the Epiphany, and that is, according to tradition, the right way to do it. So that in mind, I just thought i'd rail about that for a second or two. By the way, if you check out my Facebook page, which every time I come in here I usually post. Usually I always post on Facebook who my guests are and just give you a little quick rundown of who's coming on. At seven twenty we're gonna be talking to Christopher Smitherman. Of course, he is the former vice mayor of Cincinnati, and I'm sure you've been when you listen in on Mondays, you know that Brian has a christherin Chris Smitherman on for the smither event, and looking forward to talking to him. He's always got some great stuff. Then at eight oh five, I'm gonna be talking with Steven Moser. He's the president Population Research Institute. We'll discuss the miss of over the myths of over popular human rights abuses committed by population control programs, and the demonic nature of the communist China. He's got some firsthand knowledge of that, and of course their pro life we'll be talking about their Population Research Institute's goals pro life goals for twenty twenty five. So give you a kind of an update is as far as who we're going to be talking to today, who the guests on the program will be, and so big weekend. I hope everybody had a great weekend. I had a fantastic weekend. I don't know if I mentioned this last week, but we've got our son and his three daughters and of course his wife who live up in Toledo. Well the one daughter lives down here, but they moved up to Toledo to take a job up there, and so kind of postponed the Christmas festivities we got. On Christmas, I mentioned last week, we got to do the FaceTime and online with the grandchildren over the Netherlands, and then Christmas we just kind of had me and my wife just had a fun time around the house and had a great dinner and everything. Then we kind of, well, the way things worked out, Saturday after Christmas, they were going to come on down to try to celebrate because our granddaughter's birthday is January the third, so they're trying to separate or trying to I guess pick a time in between there to kind of celebrate both of those events. And so they came down and on Saturday and we had a great time. I mean, you know, you know sometimes when you plan something in advance and you say, Okay, this is how it's going to be, and this is what we're going to do, and it always seems that things seem to go awry. Generally a lot of times what happens is those impromptu things that you're doing as far as planning or you decide to do something at the last minute, those tend to work out the best. But on this occasion, we kind of planned ahead, figured out what we're going to do menu wise, and made sure that everything was there. Everything went smoothly. It was a great time. Everybody loved the gifts and it was it was just fantastic seeing the girls and just had a great time. And then, of course Saturday afternoon we capped that off after they took off because the one daughter had to go to work and then they were driving back up to Toledo. So watched the Bengals game, and I'll tell you what. We'll talk a lot about that here coming up, but man, I got to tell you that was one of the most exciting and one of the most interesting games that.
Speaker 2: I have seen in a very, very very long time.
Speaker 1: Of course, we came out on the winning end of that, and we'll talk a little bit about that tore. Of course, the playoff implications of that did gets a little bit of good news yesterday that one of the two teams that had to lose at least one game, the Indian Colts, lost their game, So now the only other team that's got to lose is Miami Dolphins, and of course Bengals have to beat Pittsburgh on or whatever, and now the playoff or the It seems like the NFL schedule here is kind of in a flux. I guess the NFL wants to get the best ratings and the most ratings and get as many eyes and on the various games, so they've been moving the schedules around, and a lot of the stuff that I'm reading, I'm seeing stuff like, well, the players are just going to go where they're told to go, and they'll show up on what time they're.
Speaker 2: Supposed to show up.
Speaker 1: And it's going to be interesting to see how the schedule comes out and when that's going to happen. So it's gonna be very interesting to see how it goes. And I was telling my wife, it just seems that there's something, and I don't know what it is. You look at certain things, and when you have something where everything has to fall in place, and if one thing happens and that doesn't happen, then everything just goes by the wayside.
Speaker 2: And with the.
Speaker 1: Bengals having to win out and having to have other teams lose. It's interesting how when you see the well, at least the first step okay, obviously step number one is doesn't happen, then step number two doesn't matter, three, four, five, whatever. But it seems that the way this is gone, they won their four final was it the four final games? And then of course they beat Broncos on Saturday, which is what they were supposed to do, and then Indianapolis loses, and if Miami winds up losing, and then it just seems that, you know, one of those things where things just seem to be heading in a direction where things are going to fall in place. Now, of course, this could be all or not if the Bengals don't beat the Steelers on I think they're playing on Sunday, but it'll be interesting to see what happens there. And of course, uh some other things. Of course, in the headlines, Jimmy Carter uh died at age at one hundred, passed away yesterday, and all the tributes are coming in guarding him, and some of the comments there that have come in about him is you know, of course a lot of people are there's they're singing his praises and I think we need to be very not optimistic, but at least honest about the Carter uh presidency for what it was. And of course we'll talk a little bit about that today as well. But I'm not one of these that are going to just, you know, pile on praises to somebody who, in my opinion, had a very bad presidency.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The only thing that you know, at least he lived long enough so that somebody else was the worst president the country ever had. And that's the current occupancy of the current occupant of the White House, and that will come to an end on January twentieth. But the things that I am seeing as far as the media, it seems that they're now granted, Jimmy Carter did have a great post presidency with his habitat for humanity and was a decent human being that way. But the thing that's always left out of these discussions when they talk about people that are decent people, and they especially those on the left, and those are the people that are the Democratic Party, the one thing that's always left out of that, and in my opinion, I don't know how you can call somebody a decent person when they are pro choice and when they believe they don't believe in the sanctity of life, when they double down on the issue and they push that NonStop, and they're very outspoken about that, and people will say, well, well, Kevin, you know, how do you feel? You know, I'm sorry, you know that's the way I feel. And when people tell me their pro choice, my first comment is, obviously, you haven't thought about the issue long enough, because if you really think about the actual procedure, if you look at the pictures, if you look at the development of what they refer to as the fetus from day one, the first week, second week, the first month, second month, and so on, you quickly realize that what they tell everybody that is just a clump of cells is not a clump of cells when you look at the heartbeat, the fact that that when that occurs, and the whole.
Speaker 2: Business of this roe v. Wade.
Speaker 1: Back in the day when it was first passed, one of the people that wrote that opinion said, if they ever determine, if they ever determine, as if you know, that's not a matter of science, if they determine when life begins, roe v. Wade goes by the wayside, because if it's life and you kill it. That's not right, that's murder. And so to have this procedure and to not I mean I can remember when the Democrats talked about needs to be legal, safe, and rare. Well, they got the legal part. They certainly didn't get the safe part, and they didn't get the rare part either.
Speaker 2: In fact, they have.
Speaker 1: The more that they can do, the more that planned parenthood can perform, the more they justify their existence. And I cannot think of a worse organization that takes somebody in the time of one of their biggest crisis, that something that is they're afraid they don't know which an unplanned pregnancy, and instead of offering solutions, just get rid of it. And I think that is such a demonizing type.
Speaker 2: Of way to go. I think it's horrific.
Speaker 1: And when there are so many other options available that those are completely ignored, and then when you look at the risks that aren't discussed, when you look at the complications that aren't discussed, it is amazing that people actually get by with not inform a clear, clear, and you know, informed decision. So when you get right down to it, the people that are pushing pro choice they're not. They're not for U informed choice. It's just a matter of hey, can we perform the procedure and justify our existence. Of course, we'll talk about more about this, but I want to get a couple of comments and talk about Jimmy Carter's presidency here coming up, and of course we'll get to all of that as well as our guests later.
Speaker 2: On in the program.
Speaker 1: Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five, hundred one, eight hundred eight two three Talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see the talk station. Okay, a little bit of hiccup here with the computers this morning, but we will work our way through it. You know, I want to talk a little bit about the Bengals because I thought it was an exciting game. I thought it was very amazing, and I thought the way that they pulled off this victory. I don't know if you watch the game. I know this isn't a sports show, but when you look at how the game started, the number of times that they went on fourth down and they just didn't quite well, they didn't weren't successful. It kind of looked like the game was going to go in the Broncos favor. And of course the Broncos had a couple of series where they just just annihilated the Bengals defense, coming down the field and just scoring. It almost seemed like they could score it well. And of course it always seems to happen that during a Bengals game or certain times during the year, that records are set that have never been done, and it's always against the Bengals. And I think one of the pass plays during the game was the longest pass play in air of the entire season, a sixty seven yard touchdown pass where somehow the defender let the guy get behind him. And it's just and you look at some of the techniques sometimes that it's done as far as these players are concerned, and it's almost like, you know, have they forgotten all of the stuff that they learned when they were in grade school, high school, college and some of the things that they should have learned as a professional. But again, the Bengals still pull it out. But it was a very exciting game. And the sad thing about this entire of this entire season is that Joe Burrow has had an MVP type.
Speaker 2: Season.
Speaker 1: He is one of the top passing I think he has the I think he's a league leader as far as passing yards, all the records that he's set, as far as the Bengals are concerned, the number of yards, that number of down and it's just it's so sad that when they do the figuring for the MVP that it isn't the best performance of everybody in or anybody in the league. If you don't have a winning record, if you're not going to the super Bowl, if you're not making the playoffs, it seems that all the other records, all the other individual achievements are pushed to the wayside.
Speaker 2: And it's a sad thing.
Speaker 1: And I have to say that I wish the Cincinnati Bengals of the front office, the management would do something in terms of recognizing that they have a once in a lifetime type of quarterback. I think Joe Burrow now, granted the first couple of years, with the injuries and so on, I wasn't quite sure. I wasn't convinced that Joe Burrow was the all and end all. But when you see now that he's put on a few pounds, they see that the fact that he's healthy and the stuff that he can do. We always hear about Patrick Mahomes and we could talk about all the wonderful stuff that he's done and what a great quarterback he is, and we will hear NonStop what a great quarterback Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen is and some of the things he can do. But when you look at the accomplishments of Joe Burrows stacked up against those two, and what he can do if he has the time, if he has the line in front of him, and the fact that he's got the receiving core that he has the stuff that he can accomplish that way, and if when you have a decent running back, and of course they do the backup that they've been using, the fact that he has been very, very good, But of course he got banged up over the weekend. And it just seems that if the Bengals would the front office would would solidify that team and spend at least the money that they could to get the quality talent. And in some instances you don't have to pay top dollars. Sometimes you can get somebody for a one year deal. What was I seeing last night though? Was it Matthew Stafford, No, Sam Donald that took the job. It was kind of floundering around as a free agent. Took a one year contract for ten million dollars. And it's just you know, sometimes you get a bargain like that and the team loves him. He's doing very well, and it's just putting the right person in the right team in order to do well. And I wish that the Bengals, like I said, would do the necessary work to get a group around Burrow to take advantage of the fact that you have, as I said, a once in a lifetime talent. So just my two cents worth coming up, we'll talk a little bit about Jimmy Carter and his accomp puish months or lack thereof. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five Care by the Way five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five kre see the Talk Station five twenty eight in the morning, Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five kre SEE the talk station. Some local headlines were covering for you this morning. There seems to have been a uh I can't believe this. In the last two weeks the state has felt the state of Ohio has felt two noticeable earthquakes. It's just Ohio isn't known for earthquakes, but you know, we sit on this uh New mad At fault that occasionally kind of rears its ugly head, and they've been told for a number of years that we are going to have one of a very massive earthquake. It hasn't happened yet. There hasn't been one major occurrence in over hundreds of years, but in recent weeks recorded the US Geological Survey. Early Sunday, the USGS recorded a two point nine magnitude earthquake in northwest Ohio. The quake was detected at six forty six am, less than a mile southeast of Hicksville at the Indiana border. And then, on December the sixteenth, at four thirty pm, a three point three magnitude earthquake struck far southern Ohio, less than two miles northwest of Chesapeake along the Ohio River. Now, those earthquakes, earthquakes are very rare. The last time an earthquake the Cincinnati area was in twenty eighteen, a one point five magnitude quake shook Carmont County. And that was not that was something that was known or felt. Now I can remember, and I goosh, I'm trying to remember when it was it was. I think it was back in the late seventies. Possibly it had to be the late seventies. I was on the phone with my dad, He's lived from Columbus, and I was talking to him, and I'm standing in the kitchen. Of course, you know, back then, you didn't have cell phones. You didn't have even the wireless phones. You had the corded phone mostly. And I was on the phone with him, and all of a sudden, the house started shaking and it felt like it sounded like some sort of an eighteen wheeler was coming down our street. Now we lived at the time, I lived in this residential area up in Mount Washington, and the only time you ever saw eighteen wheelers was you know, if people were moving or you know, you didn't never saw them because of the narrowness of the streets and you only saw the moving vans once in a while. But this literally sounded like a truck was coming down the street at about thirty five forty miles an hour and with the engine revving and whatever. And I said, oh my god, I said, it feels like a truck just passed by. And my dad said, well, our house just shook two. So they felt the tremors up there. As far as Columbus, now, it's very rare that we do get those kinds of things, and we are they tell us on record or due for a major earthquake sometime in the near future. Now, of course, what they determined as the near future, I don't know. It's you know, it's always amazing how much they predict these things and how few times they actually do happen. Now, there was an accident down there on the banks. I'm having trouble pulling that story up, but apparently there was a car that jumped the sidewalk down there and went ahead and injured some pedestrians. We'll get some facts on that here coming up. But it seems similar to a situation we had down in Newport a couple of years ago. But it just doesn't appear to be a car that was being chased by the police, but there was a stolen car that was coming through the area and crashed into're building downtown Newport that killed several people a few years ago. But doesn't appear that anybody was killed, but certainly there were some injuries. So we're going to cut out here real quick, take an early break here and come back, and then we'll talk a little bit about Jimmy Harder and his impact. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr S.
Speaker 2: The talk station.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five krc and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: See the talk station by thirty seven in the morning.
Speaker 1: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krc D Talk station. It's going to be interesting over the next several days to see all the tributes coming in for Jimmy Carter. Now again, I'm not going to take away from the fact of his post presidency as far as what he accomplished and the the work that he did post presidency. But when I look at his presidency and when he was elected, it was after Watergate. We had the first president that was in office that was never elected to that office, either as a vice president or a president. We had the whole Watergate fiasco that had happened. We had during that period of time Spiro Agnew who resigned the vice presidency because of some misdeeds and some fraud that he did some financial dealings in Maryland where.
Speaker 2: He was from. I think he was from Maryland.
Speaker 1: So he resigned, and so then the presidency of the vice president was appointed and it was Gerald Ford. Then when Nixon resigned, Ford took over. Now Ford was never elected to that position, he was nominated to that position. So you had Nixon resigning in seventy four, and then you had a two year campaign of Gerald Ford trying to pull the country back from what had happened and what transpired during Watergate. And as a side note, if you look back on Watergate, what was done then and you look at the scandal that that was that led to the resignation of Richard Nixon far pales in comparison to what we have witnessed with the Biden administration over the last four years. You know, not to mention the record high inflation, but the cloud hanging over that nobody seems to want to investigate in the Justice Department, Hunter Biden. Remember the whole deal with the laptop, that it was, that it was Russian disinformation, the hidden from the hidden stories from the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media. And we can go on and on about the Biden administration, the corruption, the dealings with China, the dealings with Hunter Biden. And we see over the weekend that they're actually pictures that were released by the National Archives showing Joe Biden with Hunter Biden, with some of the people that Hunter Biden was doing business with. And the fact that Joe Biden said, I never talked to my son about his business. I never talked to any family members. Well, that's a flat out lie. We know the millions of dollars that the Biden crime family got, so aside from all that, that pales in comparison. Then throw on top of that the fact that we have been lied to and the depths of the lives that have been told to us over the entire four year period of time. Washington, The Wall Street Journal last week came out with that story, and we'll probably talk about that a little later on, talking about how they covered up for him, how they tried to hide his mental decline, and how they kept things from him, how he was only surrounded by certain certain members of his closest advisors, and so the press that saw this didn't report on it, so they didn't do their job. The people that were in the Oval office and the people that were part of his staff hid it from us. And so this is, to my in my opinion, one of the biggest scandal, the biggest scandals that we've ever had in this country. And yet Watergate pales in comparison to that. But aside from that, Okay, gerald Ford comes into office, He pardons Nixon because they wanted to prosecute him and all this, and he thought, well, we got to end this business and we need to move forward, and of course that hurt him politically. And then Jimmy Carter comes on as this wonderful kind of you know, the southern charm and governor of Georgia and speaks a good line and they vote him into office, and I think it was just a protest against Gerald Ford and the Republicans at that time. But from day one, I mean it was a disaster. We had record high inflation. I believe if I read correctly, that the average inflation numbers every year was nine point one percent or thereabout the average over his entire presidency. And so when you and this is the thing with inflation, is that inflation is not just a one off. If you look at inflation and they give you the number for a particular period of time and say inflation was four percent or as back in June of twenty twenty two at nine point one percent, that that is not just a one off and then it falls back to zero. No, the inflation that you get is then compounded by the next month's inflation on top of that. So if you've got nine point one percent in one month, and then the following month you've got another three percent, well now you're you know, twelve twelve percent beyond. And you see this in terms of a lot of the food that we have and a lot of stuff have doubled in price over the last four years or three and a half years or thereabouts. We've seen what that's done in the energy. But then Carter comes into office. We have record high inflation, We had record high interest rates. People don't remember or seem to remember that back during the Carter years, we had interest rates on homes, interest rates on homes of around twenty two percent. We freak out now when interest rates are nudging up against ten percent. But the housing market was horrendous. Then throw on top of that, you had the Iranian hostage situation. You had the energy crisis, you had the gas lines, you had the Russian invasion of Afghanistan. You had Carter forcing our athletes boycott the Olympics. Imagine working your entire life to achieve something and then all of a sudden, you're allowed to compete on that stage. And so when you got through the entire Carter administration, of course, with the hostage crisis, fifty two of our American diplomats and people at the Iran embassy in Tehran were held hostage for four hundred and forty four days. And all this talk about getting the hostages out, getting the hostages out, well, and I remember Ted Kopple, he used to he got on usually about what eleven thirty at night, after the local news it was. They thought that it was only going to go on for a little bit of time. But they started off doing the newscast or whatever you know this is, you know, whatever the name of the show was.
Speaker 2: Forget what it was, look, but it.
Speaker 1: Was number three or you know, number thirty that America held hostage. That's how he opened this program. And so that went on almost every night up until right before Reagan took office when they released the hostages. Now it was a political move on the part of Iran. Was it fear of Reagan? Who knows, but apparently this was done. Now in his presidency afterwards, Carter had an amazing, uh situation. It was a much better post president than he was president. So and now I'm seeing all kinds of crazy stuff on the left. We'll talk about coming up. Five phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see the talk station fifty five KRC run a business five point fifty in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR. See the talk say phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Let's go to the phone. So let's talk to Linda. Linda fifty five kerosee, thanks for Colin. How are you this morning? And an early happy New Year to you.
Speaker 4: I'm very well and I say happy New Year to everybody. I remember the Carter days. I was working for an oil company and uh, we were not allowed to have raises because the government said so. But Congress received their raises. Of course, I'll never forget that, but I often you know Carter was was not the best of presidents at all, but he'll be elevated. Watch in the news and in everything they say about him. He'll be the best president we ever had. I wanted to ask you a question and see if it was even worth talking about. Late in the program, do you think that our representative in Kentucky, Massey is going to hold up the certification of the new president?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Have you seen that he's against it? He's against Johnson, and if he goes against Johnson, we do not have the votes to bring Johnson in again. And if he does this, we can't certify the election. And if this is true, I have to say, if it's true, then should we not all be contacting Massey in Kentucky and tell him to get with it. We need this president certified. You know, have you heard about that?
Speaker 2: I have heard.
Speaker 1: I know that Massey has not said he is not going to vote for Johnson for speaker, and he doesn't think that there's that He doesn't think there's a lot of people that will be voting for him. But they will have to find if that's the case, then they will have to find somebody. Now, granted, they've got from January the first until January the sixth, in order on January sixth when they do the certification, and they have that period of time to find a new speaker if he's not certified or does not become speaker. But I you know, we're not going to wind up with Hakeem Jefferies. That's for sure. It I have I don't know. I I wish that at one point, at one just once in my lifetime, that we had Republicans that realized that whatever, you know, granted, I applaud their their intentions. I applaud what they stand for, But sometimes what you stand for for, you know, if you're if you're searching for that one hundred percent and you're not willing to compromise and you're not willing to back down for now and use the fight later on, that bothers me. And what would really upset me more than anything else is the fact that he would hold up or the possibility of holding up the certification of Donald Trump when he did absolutely nothing to stop the certification of Joe Biden, and he was very outspoken that he wasn't going to do that. So that would really bother me. And if you know, then yeah, I would say that people need to contact his office and and find out exactly what it is that that that you know needs to be done. But you know, as we saw with Johnson's election or Johnson's selection by the House to be the speaker, that took what five different votes or over a couple of a week or so period of time, and it's just a whole lot of it frustrates a hell.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's put it that way.
Speaker 4: I am very frustrated because it took him forever. It took him fourteen votes to get McCarthy in there. Yeah, and now we're going to sit here and horse around and put this country on hold. I mean, that's what you're doing. We need to get these people in there and working and doing what they're supposed to do. You have to certify the election.
Speaker 5: You have to.
Speaker 4: Before January twentie. If we don't have time, and I'm sitting there, where is the common sense? Get your guys in there, and then address the Johnson right.
Speaker 1: And Johnson can be they can have a no confidence vote anytime they want as far as bringing him down, But in order to get things done and get things off to a start, you need to do that first. It's kind of like, well, you know, you got to put You've got to do first things first. You know, Part A, part B, part C have to happen before you can get to part E.
Speaker 2: And I just.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've I've heard about that, but I you know, it's kind of like you hear things and you you kind of wonder, okay, well, cooler heads prevail. But I guess the closer we get to January first, and then the election of the speaker. I guess we'll see what happens, but uh, yeah, it never hurts. Hey, it never hurts to call your congressman or senators and let their offices know how you feel about certain things. So, uh, that part I would recommend for sure. But hey, Linda, thank you so much for the phone call. I'm up against the clock here. Time to get out of here for at least the top of the hour. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Lordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krc DE talk station. I'm right five minutes after six o'clock. Happy Monday to you. Hope you had a great weekend. By the way, if you look at my Facebook page, you'll see who we've got scheduled today. As I always do, I post when we have as our guest coming up to seven twenty. We've got Christopher Smitherman Formers, vice Mayor of Cincinnati in the smither Event. And then at eight oh five we'll be talking to Stephen Moser. He's president of Population Research Institute. We'll discuss the myths of the of over the myths of over population, human rights abuse committed by popular population control programs, the dinam demonic nature of the communist China, and the Population Research Institute pr I as it's known, and their pro life agenda for twenty twenty five. Stumbling through that, I should have my mouth is has It's still on a weekend here. Everybody's talking about Jimmy Carter and tributes to pouring in. But some of the interesting things that I've been seeing too is the fact that you know, the I don't know how else to say it. It's that the left is just so over the top as far as Trump derangement syndrome. And if anybody thought that the left was going to stop, was going to do what's best for the country, that they would ever do anything that would benefit the country, if they would just you know, pay attention to what the landslide election and say, all right, we need to refocus what we did, what we did wrong, how we blew the election, or why we lost the election or whatever.
Speaker 2: None of this. It's just still the constant attacks.
Speaker 1: And I would have to say that I don't understand why anybody on the right pays any attention to or listens to anything that comes out of Hollywood anymore, anything that comes out of the alphabet news organizations. They're all irrelevant. That was proven as a result of the election. I call her now oprah win fee because we heard or found out that, no, she wasn't endorsing Kamala Harris out of the goodness of her heart. She was paid to do so. Al Sharpton, why is he still on MSNBC. Why hasn't he been fired? He was paid to do the glowing interview with Kamala Harris. That's not journalistic integrity, that's not even promoting your ethics as far as the station is concerned and damaging the brand. And you look at the ladies of the view, if you look at the ratings of CNN MSNBC, how they have tanked. It is just, you know, there's talk that CNN is going to be spun off and sold, MSNBC is going to be spun off and sold. And when you look back over the last couple of years, the lies that have been coming from the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media, nobody should even be taken seriously over there. They shouldn't be quoted, you shouldn't watch. And this is one of the rubs I have about Fox, is that more eyes see what the stupidity on the view or that it is done on any of the other networks by them showing clips of what they said, than the action viewers seeing those clips. And what we found out during this last election is that Hollywood is irrelevant. We learned what a fraud Oprah win Fee is. We learned what Bruce Springsteen is a fraud. Beyonce is a fraud. We also saw what a fraud Barack Obama is and this was exposed by the fact that he sung the praises he selected the Kamala Harris that they organized this coup. And we see over the last four years all of the stuff that's been hidden from us, as far as Joe Biden's decline, and it is astounding to me that nobody wants to be talking about that. And I think that one of the things that I talked about this last week is that there needs to be an investigation, a deep dive investigation, as to who's been running this country for the last four years. It obviously wasn't Joe Biden, and if the aides were making the decision and using him as a mouthpiece, that is talk about an existential threat to democracy where you have the pullet Bureau or the advisors running the show and not the person at the top. The president is the head of the country, and if he's in a diminished capacity, then the constitution demands that the members of the Cabinet do the twenty fifth Amendment and remove him from office.
Speaker 2: They didn't do that.
Speaker 1: We had all of these network people that talked about how, you know, I never forget Joe Scarborough, you know this is the best Joe Biden ever and fu if you can't handle the truth, that man should never be on the air again. Karine Jean Pierre the lies that she told from the podium, Jen Saki, the lies that she told, and talking about how sharp behind closed doors, how sharp he was ran rings around people. We saw over the weekend he spent forty percent of his presidency on vacation, hidden away on the beach, away from the cameras, away from actually being asked questions. The press was held at bay as he's walking to and from Air Force one or Marine one or whatever, and this was a complete cover up, and any of the bills that he signed, any of the stuff, any of the proclamations that he made, any of the executive orders that he did, should be all and void. And I think it'd be interesting to look at. And I've heard some legal experts say that I don't think this can be done. But the pardons that he is issued, even the pardon of his son, I think those need to be looked at also, because if somebody's in a diminished capacity and they go, maybe we won't be able to do something about the son because he might have the mental capacity for that. But the fact is is that if you are of a diminished capacity and you're doing stuff, that's all null and void. You see all the time the situations where in family and wills and trusts and stuff where the last will and testament is contested because it's alleged that the person that wrote the will or that signed the will was of diminished capacity, and they allitigate that.
Speaker 2: I think a case can be made here.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I've heard some of these.
Speaker 1: Legal experts that say, well, in order to have these overturned, you have to have a charge, or you have to have a he health exam, a mental exam, and you have to have it certified or done by a professional, by a physician. I think that's bs. I think you look at the recordings, you look at the tape. It's not tape, but it's the recordings of Biden's from the time of during his campaign up unto and the progression during his presidency, and see that diminished capacity, just the facial features alone, the wandering off, the confusion, not being able to put two sentences together. I think this is the thing that you can make a case that this was diminished capacity. And to say that you have to do that, well, then I'll say, okay, well, we are going to overturn every one of these pardons and we're putting these people back on death row. We're doing away with what the thirteen hundred pardons that he had already done or commutations, erase those and then start the conversation that, well, all right, if you want to if you want to prove this, then okay, Biden's got to take a mental competency exam. He has to be investigated by doctors, he has to be reviewed by examined by doctors. And again the White House physician. That guy should be that guy should have his license removed. He should be thrown out of the of the medical profession. I mean, all of the lies that we have seen, all of the stuff that has been done to this country. The embarrassment that this man has created is just astounding and should never go. I mean talk about you know, as I've said, an existential threat to democracy. And this is key everything that the left talks about. Whenever the left is accusing anybody on the right or making an allegation of anything, know for a fact that what they're saying is what they've already done or are doing, because you can go from the Russian hoax to everything else that was accused of Donald Trump and they are guilty of it. And more so, you don't bend the law. You don't change the law so that then now you can prosecute somebody for something that wasn't against the law before, or that the statute of limitations has run out. And I think, and you know, when I look at these and when I look at the Hunter Biden, and I don't see anybody talking about this on a deep dive analysis. When you look at the broad and with of the pardon of Hunter Biden. What is that covering up when you go back and that he's pardoned for anything he may have done up to eleven years ago. How do you pardon somebody from something that they haven't been charged with yet. I don't know that that's even legal. I mean, if you don't know what crimes the person committed, and you pardon them for everything lunch, then what if the person murdered somebody that we don't know about. What about any of the other crimes and the connected crimes with the other members of the family. I don't think that's legitimate. I don't think in the a reasonable person would look at that and say that makes sense. And if as as Biden is going out of office, has been theorized that he does all these blanket pardons for all these people that were part of his administration, for people in the media, for people here, all these different things that they're saying they ought to do a preemptive pardon for anybody because they're they're talking about that, Oh, the Trump administration is going to target individual people with law fair the way he was targeted with lawfair. Okay, they didn't they didn't care about that at the time. But because he's going supposedly going after his enemies, No, I don't think it's a matter of going after the enemy, his enemies, because they are our enemy. They are enemies of this country who perpetrated this lie and all this stuff. As far as the Biden administration and these the use of the Justice Department to attack their rivals, this should be investigated. And if these people are and if these people are pardoned, then I would still do the investigation to bring out the details of what they did, because just sweeping this under the rug isn't going to send a message. Because these people need to be outed. They need the spotlight needs to go on them for all the crimes and all of the misdeeds and the destruction that they attempted at our southern border, with our economy, with everything with this administration. In my opinion, this is an administration and the people that were part of this administration don't care about this country. They want to see this country or they wanted to see this country completely torn down to the bottom and rebuilt. And that is something that I will never forgive them. For Phone numbers five, one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three Talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two, five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr C, the talk.
Speaker 6: Station, fifty five KRC the.
Speaker 7: Countdown at twenty twenty five easy.
Speaker 2: Six twenty three in the morning.
Speaker 1: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr C, the talk station. Phone numbers five one, three, seven four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three Talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Now talk you about Jimmy Carter, And I'm encouraging anybody to call in and with their thoughts of Jimmy Carter and how you viewed his presidency and post presidency. And I will not dispute how his post presidency was and how he conducted himself in the post presidency. However, you know, when you're doing charitable work and you're doing certain things. One of the things that a lot of post or former presidents did is that they honored the office from which they held, and very rarely would they ever, and it was an unspoken rule that you don't criticize the administration after you. But it's amazing to me how all those rules change when the Democrats are out of power and Republicans are in power, because there was numerous times that Jimmy Carter made statements regarding a Republican administration which I thought was not characteristic of how somebody should be. Now again, his post presidency was stellar, but I found it interesting that even in Biden's remarks looking at the presidency of Jimmy Carter actually talked about his foreign policy achievements. One of them that he listed was returning Panama Canal.
Speaker 2: To the host nation.
Speaker 1: Really, I think that was one of the worst decisions that he ever made. We spent our capital, we spent our bodies of our Americans down there, numerous people that died building that canal. We made it a neutral site. We made sure that it had access to all shipping. So Panama gets control of the canal after being turned over by Jimmy Carter signing the agreement to turn that over, and now what we have is a Chinese companies on both ends of the canal, controlling the passageways, controlling the freight controlling the rates, and Trump has talked about if those things don't change, if the rates don't come down for American ships, he's going to take it back over. And of course everybody's screaming and yelling about that, but it should never have been turned over to them in the first part, and that was one of the blotches against him. The other thing I want to talk about quickly is this Trump arrangement syndrome even extends to the Carter death, where people are making comments about something along the lines on Twitter and other accounts that Carter's last act of his lifetime was to make sure that he died so that the flags will be at half staff coming into for the inauguration, that it will be a symbol of the death of the Republican Party or a symbol of the death of this country. Really, that's what you're going to go with the fact that this will take away from the splendor of having these flags at half staff, and seeing that, I would take it.
Speaker 2: I would look that a different way.
Speaker 1: If you're going to go there, which is someplace which you never should have gone in the first place.
Speaker 2: But if you're gonna go that.
Speaker 1: Route, if you're just gonna be mean and nasty just for this sake of being mean and nasty. Well, I'll take it a step further. What those flags at half mast are going to symbolize is the death of the Democratic Party, the death of the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media, the death of Hollywood, the death of any possible influence that Obama should ever have in this country.
Speaker 2: How's that for you?
Speaker 1: Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three Talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five fifty AT and T wireless phone. Ken, You're up next when we get to UH, when we come back from the break, I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC DE.
Speaker 6: Talk station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Sixt thirty one in the morning, Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see at the talk fasion. Phone numbers five one, three, seven four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three Talk one, eight hundred eight two three eight two, five five pound, five fifty deep AT and T wireless phone. To the phones. We go, Let's talk to Ken real quick, Ken fifty five? Caresee how are you this morning? Happy New Year?
Speaker 8: Yes, good morning, Kevin, and happy New Year to you and everyone else out there. And also condoles us to the Carter family. But the main reason why I was calling, uh, we you're one hundred percent right. We have to brand them as they are election deniers. The list is long. Kamala she started.
Speaker 9: Talking about fight, fight, fight, and she's coming out with you know, these videos looks like she's still I guess celebrating with bending her elbow.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hillary, and he got questionable.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then you got the infamous Al Gore. Still he's an original election denier at least in my generation.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: And Stacy Abrams and so the list goes on, and they did not hold back trying to box Republicans and politicians in and President Trump into asking them, well, will you accept the election results? Now we've accepted, we've had the election, and they're still continued continuing to fight, and it's just is just really wrong. So we have to let them know, just blame them, let them know who they really are, and that's election deniers. Also, you've got these democratic governors and mayors. Who are claiming that they're going to stand up and fight. And I and I heard it on when your Sisters station Will he said, hey, these are like the new Confederates. You know, why are they standing up saying we're not going to cooperate with law enforcement? It makes no sense. Is that does not bring our nation together?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: And I think you have to question when you hear that that they're not going to they're not going to cooperation and cooperate with ICE or Homeland Security to get rid of illegal aliens, and especially as they've laid out that the most violent gambs among them, who in their right mind want those people in their community, people that are ignoring the laws. I mean, let's face it, the people that are here illegally already committed a crime. Now you know, that's a lesser crime obviously than setting somebody on fire or murdering somebody or raping somebody. But there's plenty of those that go around, and you get rid of those first. You get rid of the gang members, the people that have been here or that have gotten here as the prisons and the mental institutions have been closed in these other countries. You get rid of that first, and to say that you're not going to cooperate with any of this, you got to have your head examined.
Speaker 8: Well, I think it's illegal. I think it's against the law. They take an oath to uphold the laws of the nation. And just because they want to thumb their nose at President Trump, that Trump hates syndrome is stronger than and their love for their own fellow Americans and has just gotten to that tipping point. And I think we need to call it like it is. And uh, also, if it comes out, what does it find out that maybe Biden or some of his associates they are maybe getting some remuneration for some of their commutations and pardons.
Speaker 1: You know, it wouldn't I wouldn't put it past them. I wouldn't. You know, maybe Barry. You know, you go through a whole list, the laundry list of one of the pot partons that you're going to have, but among those could be sprinkled a bunch of people that have either contributed money or going to do a quid pro quo or something. As long as as far as the Bidens are concerned, that wouldn't surprise me at all. We saw this at the tail end of the Clinton administration when one of the big campaign contributors to him, and I think I can't remember the one. I remember the well the woman's uh is wife actually contributed money to Clinton's and then her husband got exonerated or got a pardon, and what was surprising. And you know, these pardons are not supposed to be just done because it's a whim there are the way it's supposed to work. From what I understand is the Justice Department has these requests, they go through them, they review them, see if they are worthwhile. And generally, what somebody has done is they've served their sentence, they've done better work, they've been model citizens in model prisoners and then model citizens afterwards and have shown remorse. But to just do a blanket pardon, and especially for those thirty seven people that are on death row, that to me is a slap in the face to the American public. It's a slap in the face to the justices. You know. In other words, apparently there are people that are above the law.
Speaker 8: Apparently, yes, apparently it appears to be so without a doubt. And finally, I did want to bring this up to because you've got a guest coming up. You know, when they talk about all the population and they talk about climate change, and they always say, way, you know COEO two is the cause of climate change. Well, science tells me that we exhale COEO two. So when I hear these global warmings people with their nonsense, what they're really saying is that we've got too many people breathing.
Speaker 1: Well, if you look at Bill Gates and his ilk, let's not forget that they are all population control people. And it amazes me. And it's interesting that when you look at the pandemic, the population control that that was supposed to or that brought about. When you look about all the policies that Bill Gates and his people are pushing, that's population control. And I you know, when you get right down to it, this whole environmental movement is nothing to do with cleaning up the planet making things better for the American people. It is all about control. We see it in terms of what kind of car you're going to drive, obviously the availability of how far you can drive with that car if you've got an EV because they certainly don't have the infrastructure. They want you to dictate where you live, where you eat, or where you live, what you live, where you live and what you live in, how you heat your food, what food you can eat, how you can eat, your home and everything. It's all about control, and it has nothing to do with cleaning the planet. It's all about control, and that has more to do with communism, which again I think that a lot of people on the left would prefer that it has more to do with communism. That's why I'm always mashed the two together. Environmentalism has become the new communism. So I just call it climunism, and yeah, yeah, exactly. And so for them to try to push these policies through when the science doesn't dictate behind it, and when we look at some of the actual climate scientists that say there is no existential threat with climate change, that climate change is a myth, all of a sudden, nobody wants to talk about science. They only want to talk about their science, not the actual science.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, Well, God bless you, and God bless audience, and have a healthy, prosperous new year.
Speaker 2: Same to you, my friend, Same to you.
Speaker 1: Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two, five five pound, five fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Six forty three in the morning, Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas, fifty five k R see the talk station. Yeah, I find it interesting that as we're talking about the Carter years and talking about the accomplishments. Yeah, there were some accomplishments during his period of time. He did broke of the piece or had the was a Camp David Accords between Israel and Egypt, and it was one of the It was the first Arab country to actually recognize Israel's right to exist, which had not been done in the Arab countries up to that point. There were significant accomplishments there, but as far as economy, it was a disaster when we had you know, remember back when I keep going back through and I'm looking at different stories, you remember he started having They weren't I forget what they called him, but they were not the There were the fireside type chats that trying to harken back to the days of FDR and him sitting there at the fireplace and in his cardigan sweater and talking about the energy crisis that we had in this country. The fact that you know, to do your part, that if we had just turned our thermostats back during the day and at night, we could save half the amount of the amount of oil that we were short as far as the incoming supplies. This was all during the gas crisis, and the lines as far as gasoline lines at gas stations and so on. But the tempt you know, when we talk about lowering the temperature. You know, most people they have their house I think probably around what seventy two degrees normally or seventy degrees, and people when they talk about cutting back, they talk about, well, cut that thermostat down to around sixty seven, maybe sixty eight somewhere around there, and conserve energy. But during the Carter years, he was talking about lowering that thermostat during the day down to sixty five and then at night down to fifty five. You know what kind of a that talks to me, And that speaks to me of a failure of trying to institute and a sustainable energy policy instead of making sure that we have enough supplies for the American people, in other words, making instead of making things better for the American people, we should settle for something less and that we should do our part to sacrifice for the country. And because of his failed policies and the fact that we had rising inflation under his presidency, the fact that we had the gas lines, the fact that we had the general overall melees in terms of it seemed like the American dream had failed, that the American dream was not working, and that we had to rebuild and to get a better attitude going forward. It struck me as failure, an admission of failure, this whole idea that our best days are behind us, and I'm not buying that. That's why in nineteen eighty during the election, when Ronald Reagan came along, that the original hope and change candidate, the candidate that was optimistic, that always looked for the brighter days of America and American prosperity, the shining city on the hill. That's why he won in a landslide election. Because people, the American people, want better, They deserve better, They work hard to get better, and they should be able to enjoy the fruits of their labor. Much the same mirror of the situation the way we've seen it with the Biden administration over the last four years. Talk about a comparison.
Speaker 2: And I tell you what.
Speaker 1: There is a picture that the Associated Press is running out there that shows Jimmy Carter and Joe Biden together, And if you want to look at the picture, it's on one of the headlines on axios. And I'll tell you. When you look back at Joe Biden in his days in the Senate, and you look at the scowl, and you look at how he treated Clarence Thomas during the head of the Judiciary Committee, this man has just got the creepiest look on his face all the time. How this guy ever got to a leadership position and ever made his way to the presidency always will boggle my mind. This guy should have been stopped day one. This guy should never have been re elected as Senator. And that just shows you, at least in my mind, how off beat, or how behind the curve or whatever the people of Delaware that would keep returning this man to office. Phone numbers five, one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one, eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 6: The talk station fifty five KRC. Trust him Will knows that we'll up.
Speaker 2: Sex fifty three in the morning.
Speaker 1: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KAR see the talk station.
Speaker 10: We wait.
Speaker 1: Are talking to me a little bit about Jimmy Carter and the passing of Jimmy Carter. Of course the left and Democrats are are singing his praises, and of course a lot of people are doing their their normal tributes. People are speaking fondly of him. But you know, I I the passing of anybody that lives to be one hundred is certainly remarkable, and the fact that there were certain accomplishments that he did do that that were good. Overall, he seemed to be somewhat of a decent person, although as I mentioned earlier, I don't know, somebody's legacy could be very well if they're pro choice, So I would that was to be a big mark against that person. No doubt about it that his presidency was marked as being the worst presidency in history. Fortunately he lived long enough to see the absolute worst presidency than his with Joe Biden. So at least he goes out on a high note. But I don't want to sugarcoat the Carter years. They were not good for the country. There were a lot of mistakes made and kind of laid the groundwork of some of the problems that we're facing today now. The certain accomplishments that should be praised, but we should have a realistic view of somebody, because I mean, at least I'm not doing what the left does when somebody like Rush Limbaugh died or Ronald Reagan died. I mean, they did everything but dance on the grave of those people and talked about, you know, thank goodness they're dead, Thank goodness that they're gone. We praise the fact. I'm not going there. I'm just saying we need to take a critical look and a realistic view of this Carter administration and his overall legacy, all the good as well as the bad. Coming up top of the hour, we'll take some of your phone calls, see what your opinion is. Let me know what you feel about the Carter years and what you remember about the Carter years. Five pet three seven, four nine, fifty five hundred one eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five k s DE talk station, five minutes after seven o'clock, Happy Monday to you. We are talking about we have been talking over the last hours, couple hours, talking about, well, a little bit about the Bengals, talking a little bit about their great victory on Saturday, talking about the presidency.
Speaker 2: Of Jimmy Carter.
Speaker 1: And I'm I don't know, I think I've been somewhat kind. What do you think out there talking about Producer I'm getting a thumbs up from him. In terms of my talking about Jimmy Carter. I think I've been pretty fair, don't you think just a little bit? Yeah, pretty much. But you know, I'm not gonna just ignore all the stuff that that that were bad during the Carter years. I'm going to recognize the good. When anybody dies, that is sad. I mean, because no matter what, somebody's losing a parent, somebody's losing a family member, somebody's losing a friend, no matter what age they die. But this canonizing him for santhood I think is a little over the top. However, I mean, there were a lot of things that went on during the Carter years that were not good. By a lot of estimation, he was one of the worst presidents we've ever had. Of course, now the current president, Joe Biden, has beat him as far as that's concerned, so at least he gets to go out of this world on a high note. But again, we're not going to sugarcoat it. By the way, if you look at my Facebook page, you'll know that I have a list there of guess that we're going to have today, and just run down that real quickly for you. Coming up at seven twenty and we're going to be talking to Christopher's P. Smither Money is the former vice mayor of Cincinnati, doing the Smither Vent. And then at seven or at eight o'clock we're going to be talking about after the News. Eight oh five, we're talking with Steven Moser. He is president of the Population Research Institute. Their acronym is PRI. We will discuss the myth of overpopulation, humor and rights abuses committed in population control programs, and the demonic nature of the communist China, and of course PRI's pro life goals for twenty twenty five. Looking forward to speaking with him for sure. Now, as far as I did see that, they did establish the date and time for the Bengals game against Pittsburgh. That's going to be at eight o'clock eight pm on Saturday, So looking forward to that. Now, as we've seen over the last couple of days, they've been talking about watching some of these games of the weekend and they start talking about, well, your next opponent and what are you doing, and he said, well, you know, we don't know what date, we don't know what time.
Speaker 2: They're moving the schedule around.
Speaker 1: I guess to get as many eyes or to get as many likes, or get the most people watching those games for I guess the most revenue or the most revenue that they can get for those games. So they're changing the schedule around to accommodate different teams and to try to get as many eyes on those for advertising revenue. So it'll be interesting to see that. But we do know the Bengals will be on eight o'clock on Saturday, so looking forward to that. It was a great game of the weekend. I don't know if you watched it, but it was very entertaining and a lot of very in my opinion, let's just put it this way, it was one of the best games that I've seen in a very, very long time.
Speaker 2: So that's my two cents worth.
Speaker 1: We've been seeing, we've been talking about what is going on as far as Trump derangement syndrome. We've been talking a little bit about and we've been seeing a lot of people on the left how they're going to try to derail this administration, how they're going to try to throw up roadblocks, and how they're going to try to undermine this incoming administration. I think one of the worst things or one of the and I don't know why, And it puzzles me to no end why anybody at this point in time is even paying attention to anybody in the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media, as I refer to them, because all they've done over the last four years is lie to us. They talked about Trump being an existential threat to democracy, and that's just not a term that's thrown out there. When you say something as an existential threat, you mean that it is a threat to the existence of whatever comes next. If you're saying an existential threat to the world as far as climate change is concerned, existential threat to democracy, you're talking about a threat to the existence of democracy. Now you know Hitler Mussolini, two assassination attempts on him, and yet they don't even tone down or dial down the rhetoric. It's still that he's evil personified. They want to refer to him as a felon, They were going to refer to him as a as a law breaker, as a rave, all these kinds of things that they want to throw at him. People have already made the decision on that. People have heard all the crap that you've thrown out there, and they still elected him overwhelmingly because they looked at the alternative. They looked at their wallets, they looked at their four oh one case, they looked at now again, the market has been good, but the downside of that has been a horrible economy, high inflation, people can't afford homes, people living paycheck to paycheck, and people said enough is enough, we need to go in a different direction. And yet the people on the left are going to continue to attack after they've told us for four years Joe Scarborough and the like that this version of Biden is the best that's ever been. He runs rings around everybody, anybody associated with his administration, anybody that has reported on his administration, anybody that interviewed him and didn't out him, the members of his own cabinet that didn't put forth the twenty fifth Amendment and get him out of office because of his diminished capacity. None of these people should be anywhere in the position of power. Why Jensaki still has a show on what is an MSNBC, John Kareeine Jean Pierre should never be anywhere near a government position ever. Again, all of these newscasters that lied about his condition and lied to the American people about that.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: What we need to look at is what has what has he done, and what has he What commutations has he done, What executive orders has he done? Anything that he has done as far as any mandates, those should all be reversed immediately, because in a diminished capacity, even the commutation of sentences, all those commutations of the thirty seven people on death row, all the different pardons, was it thirteen hundred or so pardons that he let out or gave out a few weeks ago. I think Hunter and Biden's pardons should be looked at as well. How do you how do you take a person and say we're going to issue a blanket of pardon going back eleven years without knowing what the heck you know crimes have been committed. If the crimes were committed, then how do you how do you pass on that? How do you look at that and say, well, no matter what he has done, we are not going to prosecute him. That is crazy, And so again it's something that needs to be looked at. I've heard people, I've heard some legal people that supposedly know what they're talking about, saying that until you have a competency hearing, until you realize or make the determination that somebody is not competent, you can't you know, like you know, as we see in some of these cases where you challenge a will, where you challenge somebody's mental capacity in terms of their last will and testament, that where those have been contested because they are of diminished capacity, Well, the same thing would be true here. And unless you do a thorough examination of Biden and then look at that in terms of the progression of the disease apparently that he may have in terms of dementia, how far back that extends, and look at what he's done up to that point. I think that all needs to be looked at, and anything that he did that he was of mental capacity diminishmental capacity should be an all and void. You would do that for a family member, You would do that in any business, You do that in any type of situation. But somehow, as president, you get a pass on that. I'm sorry, I don't buy that, and I think it's and let him, let him take it to court. And any of these people that he pardons, any of these people that he's done or has pardoned, I think should be looked at and the facts for that, because the Justice Department is supposed to do certain things as far as recommendations, and they're supposed to look at these and make sure and recommend them to the president. He just doesn't pick a number, a name out of a hat, any name and just does blanket.
Speaker 2: Pardons.
Speaker 1: That just is not done. So this all needs to be looked at. Coming up, we're gonna be talking at Christopher Smithman at seven twenty. So we'll let we'll take a we'll take a break here and then come back with Christopher Smithman. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five krs the Talk Station seven twenty in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krs The Talton Day.
Speaker 1: What an appropriate song? No, Yes, absolutely, I will not back down. As you know, I have an opinion. I'm not afraid to use it. And when I see him, I call him like I see him.
Speaker 2: And that's just though how I.
Speaker 1: Flow looking at h Well, probably I'm going to go down this list and at some point in time and talk about all the all the frauds that there are in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: I want to compare and contrast. Probably might don't throw off.
Speaker 1: I'll do it today, but maybe tomorrow we'll do this compare and contrasting of the list of people back in twenty sixteen that said that if Trump was elected president that they're going to move out of the country, and I'm not sure that any one of them actually ever did. Then in twenty twenty four now there's a whole new list of people that have said that they're going to leave the country because Trump got elected president, and it's going to be interesting to see how many are on the list. And it's like, how can you leave when you said you were going to leave before? So it's all a fraud. The people in Hollywood are not to be taken seriously. And I don't know why anybody's paying attention to any of the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media. And we got Christopher smither in here. Christopher, welcome to the program. Happy New Year, and how you been.
Speaker 8: I'm doing good.
Speaker 10: And I hope you had to marry Christmasson and I hope you have a happy New Year.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 10: Let's just stay with your stay with your theme, brother. I mean, people want to leave the greatest country in the world, right is where this is. Everybody's trying to get in. Yeah, and you have people on the West Coast saying they want to leave. Let's give them a one way ticket. Let's get a go fund me if they need.
Speaker 2: One, you bet and ship them out exactly.
Speaker 10: Now. The deal has to be Kevin, is they can't come back? Yes, okay, So it's not like you go and then you come back. No, you are gone for the rest of your life. You give up your passport, you give up your citizenship and we don't want you to come back. It's a one way ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's it's as if people forget or they ask the question, or are not asked the question, Where would you go where it's any better?
Speaker 2: Where? Where do you want to go to?
Speaker 1: Europe where they're looking at their jumping full both feed in with this green energy technology and you're going to be freezing during the winter because you don't have enough electricity keep the lights on. You're going to go to a count country like England who is seeing a record inflation there. They don't have their act together, European Union, Where.
Speaker 2: Are you going to go? Just amazing, amazing.
Speaker 10: It's this notion and this is why you know this year, you know when you heard so many people out there saying they don't like our country, they don't like our flag, They don't want to say the pleasure legiance, they don't want to stand and cover their heart when the when the national anthem is being sung. They want to take a knee for the flag. While we've got people on the front lines protecting our democracies all over the world, right and those soldiers are coming back who are now veterans and you got people saying they don't love our country. This year was so bizarre. The other thing, Kevin in this, in my my vent to you, is it was a year to divide the black brothers from their white brothers. And so this notion of it, I'm going to to be divisive, and I'm going to make sure I look at you with a slanted eye. There has to be something nefarious about you because of your race, undermining us as Americans. This year was all about that, and ultimately it failed on November the sixth, where Americans said, you know what, I reject those narratives. I love my country, right, I don't want to defund the police department. And my neighbor who happens to be African American isn't my enemy. And my neighbor who happens to be white isn't my enemy. That was all baked into the November election, and Americans rejected the narrative, most from the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Christopher Smeatherman, my guests, the I believe that this actually this goes back to the Obama administration. I believe that during his presidency, you look at the situation of potential transformational figure somebody who is of mixed race is elected president and over well enough to get elected, I'm not well, it was kind of that was a pretty one sided election.
Speaker 2: McCain really didn't.
Speaker 1: I mean it was anyway, whatever the numbers were, all right, now here is an opportunity to bring the races together. Here is a way of saying that, no, we don't have a racist country. After all, I got elected. Here is what I'm going to try to do to bring this country together. But instead it was this constant divide any type of talking about that what was the Trayvon Martin could have been my son talking about having the beer summit. Because that Lewis Gates or whatever his name is, that at Harvard or University was approached by a police officer and ask if he belonged in the neighborhood there, Lewis Gates Junior. Now that was all divisive. This was stuff that he did, his going around the world apologizing for America and dividing one group against the other. And I think it started with him and it just progressed on. And you're right, this business of you know, going back to the twenty twenty election, you know, if you don't vote for me. You ain't black the whole nine yards this. You know, how do you ruin a country, Christopher? You divide individual groups off, you take away the unity, and you divide them off, and you tear them apart individually down to the core, and then by the time you get around everybody, there's nobody left.
Speaker 10: Well I can I can share with you, Kevin. I don't think our country was divided by any one president. There's been a lot of them. One died. My condolences for the president who died, Carter yesterday, and we can talk about Lyndon Johnson, we can talk about any of those presidents that have come prior before. But at the end of the day, over the last four years, President Biden was the president, and he ran on this notion that you and I are different in some kind of way, based on in my opinion, based on our race. And I think you made the comment if you're not black, if you if you don't vote for me, those kinds of things didn't help, and it didn't help the Vice President Harris at all in her bid for reelection. People are just tired of it. They want people to get up every day, go to work, handle your business, you know, if you're talking about I want to go to school, go to school, handle your business, whether you're in the first grade or kindergarten, or whether you're a college student. If this is about work, this is about success in your merit. That's what this country is built on. And so at the end of the day, which was so interesting going into November sixth, even after the rejection, if you listen to mainstream media, Kevin, they still haven't gotten the lesson. They're still out here doing the exact same thing they did before the election. And so I'm sitting there going can you all learn anything from what just happened. It's been a it's been a very interesting listen. And I've been watching CNN, I've been watching MSNBC. I've been trying to wait to see have they heard from the American people and any of those people who've been watching it, who are who are who are viewing the lens to maybe where you and I are seeing it. They haven't learned their lesson. There's still talking to continue the same narrative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're talking the same narrative that they've been talking for the last four years and up to and through the election, and why any And well, you see it in the ratings. You see it that that their ratings are plumbing, and that's an indication that people have turned them off. And I maintained that the only reason that they're getting any airtime at all is because some of the conservative outlets like Fox News will show clips of them, and there's more eyes look at those clips than when the actual clip occurred on that individual show on that network. And Christopher Smitherman, you know the deal here. We got to take a break real quick, Bob in the hour, and when we come back, we'll pick this all up. My guest Christopher Smitherman for Cincinnati Vice Mayor and of course just all around great guy and will continue with the smither Vent. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs, the Talk Station.
Speaker 11: Fifty five the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: A Minute of Hope is brought to you by the Linder Center of Hope. Lindercenter of Hope dot Org. Hi, this is seven thirty one in the morning.
Speaker 1: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs the Talk Station. Continue our conversation with former Vice Mayor Christopher Smitherman.
Speaker 2: During this Monday.
Speaker 1: Smither Vent, thanks for spending time with us, and hope you're Christmas and your New Year's shaping up there. Christopher, thanks for being with us this morning.
Speaker 10: Oh thank you brother. You know my heart goes out Kevin, to those who lost their lives in the Korean crash, you know, and one hundred and eighty people or one hundred and seventy nine people lost their lives. So I'm certainly watching that like you're watching it. But it also gives me an opportunity to highlight the aviation excellence in the United States of America. I mean, we have failures when you know, you have this many planes that are up in the air, whether it's an Airbus plane, whether it's a Boeing plane. We have some of the best pilots in the world, and they land planes under for terrible conditions every day and every week and every month. I don't know what happened in the air. There's you know, there's some talk that there was a bird strike that hid an engine. I'm sure we'll find out what happened there. But I can tell you again, every time I look at that, we haven't had one of these types of maybe in the in the United States of America in a long time, and it's because it's because of the training of our pilots, and we have a serious emphasis on safety here. We don't you know, I'm not saying we don't have twenty year old planes flying in the air, but the reality of it is we have the best aviation in the world. And again it comes back to where we started. Why would anybody say they want to leave the United States of America when so many people are trying to get in, Kevin, and so my heart goes out to those families.
Speaker 1: I went over the weekend we had that one in Azurebrai, John, and the other one they're going into you just mentioned it. I've drawn them blank here real quick.
Speaker 10: Of Korea.
Speaker 1: Korea, Yeah, the South Korean Airline. And in both of those there were malfunctions or it appeared as though that the plane was well. The one was coming in pretty heavy and then it seemed like it was going to skid around, but then it went behind the hangar and.
Speaker 2: You saw this fireball.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting that two of those came about on the same weekend or near the same weekend, and it just I hope what happens is that people double down on their maintenance and review and making sure that everything that goes into the air is safe and nothing gets left you know, oh like oh that's just a button, that's just a light that's out on the dashboard. That's usually nothing. No, you take everything seriously and especially and it commend the people that fly these planes. And look at the number of flights per day that go in and out at different airports across this country, and it is absolutely amazing the safety record.
Speaker 10: Absolutely And let me also say to you, Kevin, as we look into next week and we hear we hear the Republican drum beat of whether they are going to not vote for Speaker Johnson, this is a colossal mistake in my opinion. If they've already been through this, it didn't turn out well. It looks like they're going to start off with more chaos, which isn't going to turn out well. They need to certify the election and move forward. And so this notion that you know that that Speaker Johnson can only lose one person and then that's going to turn you know, the entire Congress on its head, is just crazy. And I just don't know why at times, the Republican Party continues to put these types of self inflicted wounds on themselves, right, like everything isn't going to be perfect, You're never you're gonna always get your way, and it just seems like there are these tipper tantrums that happen there to say, boom, here we are, let's cast a vote, let's move forward as a team. Maybe you don't like everything Johnson does, maybe you love everything he does, but at the end of the day, it's not about you. It's about the country. And I'm just telling you, the last time they went through this, it just looked horrible, the McCarthy thing to Johnson, And now who else are they going to? Who else wants to serve as the speaker? It seems like a really a job that nobody really wants, very thankfus job. But at the end of the day, if he wants the job, why not let him stay in the job. And why have some national fight for us all to watch starting next Friday. This doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: And with that thin majority, we're only going to have a one seat majority because of the people that are either out of the Congress or people that are sick or people that have taken jobs in the administration. This is something where you know, it's going to be very delicate to be able to get the numbers to pass anything. And at this point, I would say to some of the people that you know, as you were kind of alluding to, is put your personal preferences to the side for a moment for the good of the country. You may think that your policies, that your procedures, that you are doing what's right for the American public, but in the long run, it's only going to hurt if you don't get the agenda done. If you don't you know, it's like you go back to the Revolutionary War. Decoration of Independence was absolutely meaningless if we didn't win, and so in order to have that document mean something, you had to win. Well, we've won. So let's make sure that we advance forward and put forth the agenda that the American people wanted. And you know, we've got to take a break, real quick break. Here a Christopher, my guess, Christopher Smitherman during the smither event here on fifty five K see the talks.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Seven in the morning, Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five krs the talk station, continuing our conversation with former Cincinnati Vice mayor and Christopher Smitherman during our smither Vent on Monday mornings. Thanks for hanging with us to the break. Christopher certainly appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Oh brother, thank you for having me. As we go into the new years. I tell you, it's been interesting watching what happened what's been happening with crime in New York. Just like we've seen crime in Cincinnati, or we've seen crime in Chicago, or we've seen crime in LA But New York is hosting the Big ball drop and now they've decided to clean up Times Square. Always interesting how they roll out their politics. Let's make sure the homeless people are here for the guests to see who are coming in the Times Square. Let's make sure that there isn't any crime around in this area. So we're going to bring in all the police. We're going to secure the area, but not for the people that live there day to day, just for the guests from from yesterday, from tomorrow into the next day. This is this is the insanity of elected officials, right when you know their heads, their policies are not screwed on right, and so it's very frustrating because we just came out of watching Penny, who was crucified for standing up for citizens black who were white, who were Latino. Matter of fact, when we highlight when Penny was holding the gentleman down, there was a black man holding him down to and it looked like somebody who might have been Latino. So this was this was a This was a group of people there who were trying to protect the people on the train. Two weeks later, thank god, they found him innocent. You have a man who sets a woman on fire while she's sleeping on the train, and now they're talking about possibly the death sentence for him. The Guardian Angels have now said they're going down in the subways to protect I just started was interesting, Kevin that that New York is now saying we're bringing out the police to secure Times Square, which starts with moving out the homeless and making sure the crime element is not there for the guests who are coming in and standing in line starting today.
Speaker 1: Well, if you move the criminal element out, then you can claim that there is no crime you see, rather than reporting on the crime that exists if you kind of push it away, if you do away with the homeless encampments, and then you can say, well, see where are the homeless encampments. You know, you don't see those now, So maybe all the reports before have been false, and it's just this this It's like the Potempkin village type of thing, where you put up this facade so that when the bizarre the dictator comes driving through, everything looks clean, everything looks wonderful, and then behind the facade is all the filth, the rout, the decay, that everything that is bad. And yet you're putting on this, You're shining this thing up just for appearances purposes. And I agree with you that this. You know, if they can do it for the ball drop, why not do it all year?
Speaker 10: Loan, And I think that the citizens of New York are going to have to sort it out. It's not a place that, you know, I'm really interested in living for a number of reasons. But the people that live there, I wish them the best of luck. But they can see how their government is responding to them. And I think people see this when the Olympics are coming to their community. You see the same kind of behavior from the politicians. We've got a whole them. Accountable crime has to be the number one issue. Keeping citizens faith as we go into the new year has to be the number one thing. This whole notion of defunding our police has really just hit, you know, different cities across the country with politicians saying they wanted to defund the police department, and that played out in the election that we just got out of. But at the end of the day, let me end on just a loving note and talk to you about President Carter and not talk about the four years that he served, but the ninety six years that he lived. And this was a man I think that I respected because of his faith, his faith in God. We've lost that in our country where so many people are agnostic or atheists or don't have a belief in God. I believe in God. I'm Catholic, a Catholic family, and so I respected President Carter and his wife for their faith. Number two married seventy seven years. There are people that can't stay married six months, let alone seventy seven years. And so they were a beacon of a couple who said, we got married, we respect our vows in sickness and in health, and they stayed together for seventy seven years, and people should recognize that kind of respect for the institution of marriage, which I respect. And the last thing I'll say is his humanitarian efforts, his desire to roll up his sleeves God every day, build houses, invest in the areas that he believed in that would make our society better. So I tip my hat to the Carter family and his children, and to him and his lovely wife. I tipped my hat to them in their wonderful marriage that they showed and reflected in everything that they did.
Speaker 1: Kevin, Yeah, Now again I would agree with you as far as you know. You look at him post presidency and you look at all the good that he did and the humanitarian efforts that he did, and I would applaud that, and I certainly agree with that. But you know we don't there there aren't. He wasn't a saint. I applaud as you say, his his marriage, his commitment to his family, and his humanitarian But again, as a as a Catholic, I still want when I look at certain politicians, I can't get over the pro choice issue. As far as some of these politicians are concerned, especially people who try who profess to be men and people of faith, that the two just don't combine as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 10: Well, we agree, We agree that he was definitely not perfect, right, and I don't I don't share his position on abortion at all, nor did I share President Biden's position on abortion. But I wanted to just take a moment to salute, you know, a president who lived to be one hundred and I and I don't want to he was the president for four years ago. I don't want to define him just that, because there were ninety six other years and I just wanted to read exactly.
Speaker 2: And I agree with that. I agree with that wholeheartedly.
Speaker 1: And I am not going to be and and I rail against some of these people that would get on like you see from the left when a conservative passes. It's almost like they want to dance on the grave. They want to throw a party in a celebration and talk about how glad they are the person died.
Speaker 2: That to me is the height of evil.
Speaker 10: And so and it's not who we are. Kevin is not who we are as people. You know, if I suggest to you that if the vice president Kamala Harris had won, there would have been no discussions about any riots in any streets anywhere. No one would have been setting anything on fire or try to attempt to stop the election or not count votes or any of that kind of stuff. And so this is about as we go into the new year, I hope it's about rule of law. I'm really excited about the exploration of oil and resources in our country that will make us less dependent, which I think is a national security issue. I think it's at the top of the list. You know, I'm looking forward to the ending of wars. You know, I have a son who's who spent four years, just got back this year. He resigned with the uh with the Air National Guard, and so you know, all of these things mean a lot to our family because he could be sent somewhere on the front line. He could be called up, and that's very, very real. So I like a president who really takes ending wars seriously when you have so much on the line, like our family does, and so many other families that are listening to us, listening to us, and thank anybody, any veteran out there, We thank you for your service. And I'm going to really appreciate an emphasis on our veterans over the next four years. They need support, they deserve support. Can They've given so much to our country and many of the people out there that are homeless, many of them and too many of them are our veterans, and we need to deliver the services to them. And it shouldn't be a punch vine. Absolutely that this new administration will take it serious.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Christopher, I certainly appreciate your time this morning, and I'll always fascinated and we talk to you and look forward to the next time we can talk.
Speaker 2: Mappy New Year to you too.
Speaker 1: Christopher Smitherman, former vice mayor and just an all around nice guy and just love hearing his smither vent and the politics that he talks about and the issues that he brings up. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 6: The holidays are a blast.
Speaker 1: For the seven four Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talk station. Well, we just basically have enough time to introduce or talk about our coming up guests. At the top of the hour, we're going to be talking to Stephen Moser. If you've gone to my Facebook page, you'll know that I post that and who my guess is going to be. He is the president Population Research Institute. We'll be discussing the myths of the overpopulation, human rights abuses committed by in the name of population control, and we're going to be talking about the demonic nature of the Communist Party in China and much much more. So stay tuned for that. I'm looking forward to talking to him and of course his organization's efforts or their goals on pro life issues going into twenty twenty five. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KRCD talk station five minutes after eight o'clock. My guest is Stephen Moser. He is the president of Population Research Institute. This is an amazing organization that I came to find out when I attended the September fifteenth Northern Kentucky Right to Life banquet talking about the issues of right to life and Stephen was the guest speaker. Population Research Institute's a nonprofit research group. Goals are to expose the myth of overpopulation, expose human rights abuses committed in population control programs make the case for people are the world's greatest resources. Stephen, welcome to the program.
Speaker 5: It's good to be with you this morning.
Speaker 2: It's my pleasure.
Speaker 1: You have a very interesting background as to how you arrived here, and nobody tells their story better than the person themselves, So tell people a little bit about your background.
Speaker 5: Well, I was first American social science that allowed in the communist China, way way back in nineteen seventy nine, when President Jimmy Carter, who just passed away today, normalized relations with the People's Republic of China. China had been hidden behind the Bamboo Curtain for about thirty years, and there I was boots on the ground in early nineteen seventy nine trying to find out what the communists had done over the last thirty years to the Chinese people. And you know, it wasn't a very pretty story. There were persecutions and purges and the Cultural Revolution. But the one thing that happened when I was in China was China's longest running political campaign. It was called the One Child policy, where everybody in China was restricted to one child, and God helped those women who were pregnant with a second or a third child because they were arrested for the crime of being pregnant, the crime of getting pregnant without government permission. It was a crime in China in those days. It continued to be a crime in China until just a few years ago. So I was an eyewitness to women being forcibly aborted and forcibly sterilized under the one child policy. And you know, the total human cost of that program was four hundred million lives were lost in China from nineteen seventy nine, nineteen eighty to twenty sixteen to the one child policy. That's about half of the last two generations. And they're paying a heavy price for that today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because once you do away with a certain segment of the population. Let's concentrate on that number, four hundred million souls killed as a result of this one child policy. But you take that number out and then from there you don't have that number of kids producing other children. You don't replace the population that you have, and you start going into actually a population decline which is almost impossible to pull out at times.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and that's where Chinese today. China has actually been in population declined for the last five years. They just admitted this year that their population was beginning to shrink. But it's actually you know, the Chinese Communist Party rarely tells the truth about anything, and they've been lying about their population numbers for years too. The average Chinese woman today gives birth only about one child. That's a recipe for demographic disaster, which is quickly coming upon the Chinese people. The Chinese population is aging and dying. You've got well, the result of the one child policy was you have four grandparents who have two children together and only one grandchild. So you've shorn away all the branches of the family tree, leaving only the trunk. And I'll tell you what. These only children, second generation only children are not interested in getting married, not interested in starting families or having children of their own, because they've been told that children are burdened, not a blessing. They've been told that you can't get ahead in live. You know, the most important things are buying a car, not having a child or two. So China is in absolute population decline. China is now no longer the most populous country in the world. It was the most populous country in the world for thousands of years and now India has overtaken it. I think that that's what you should write as the epitaph on the gravestone of the Chinese Communist Party is we killed off China's future, because that's.
Speaker 1: What they did, literally absolutely, and you know, as almost the reverse pyramid scheme, this is almostly flip of that. You've got, you know, very little coming up through the pipeline, and you're gonna wind up with nothing there. And I think possibly, you know, when you look at I guess maybe some foreign influence, Western influence in communist China that they see how bad things are there and think, well, gee, I'm not going to bring another child into this world. The future is bright, and as you said, children are a burden to them and so they're not repopulating and a society can't continue that way.
Speaker 5: No, no, And you know what the China dream of Sijing Ping and the Chinese Communist Party was that in this century, the twenty first century, that China was going to come to dominate the world. And you know what, the Chinese Communist Party has killed the China dream by killing off half of the last two generations of Chinese. And of course you add to that not just the population decline, not just the aging and dying of the population. You add to that the massive corruption of the Chinese Communist Party. You add to that the fact that Shijing Ping, as he gets older, is becoming an erratic megalomaniac, who is cashiering, who is purging, who is arresting, imprisoning people who are once close to him, and behaving radically. You know, that's not a recipe for success. That's a recipe for failure.
Speaker 2: Failure.
Speaker 5: This century will not belong to China. It may very well belong to the United States, which as an American I'm happy to contemplate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it means that somebody that is of a strong will and somebody that can stand up to, as one of your books points out, the bully of Asia, to back them down from their expansionist ideas. And as they try this expansionism, if they just get away with it, they're going to get You know, people just stand by. But if you put your foot down and say this ain't going to happen, especially on my watch, you can put an end to this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, aggressors are always encouraged when their aggression is successful. They take a bite here and a bite there, and if they don't get pushback, they'll keep, you know, devouring more and more territory. I think we have an administration coming in which earlier during Trump's first term, set China back on its heels, and this time they'll do the same. Because you have peace through strength, you don't have peace through weakness, uh, weakness and byteses aggression. So I think that China's very worried now. I recently heard Chinese senior officials saying that they don't have many channels into the new administration. And I'm laughing to myself as the China expert, thinking channels, you mean, like, you know, the Secretary of Saint Anthony Blincoln, who was on the payroll of the University of Pennsylvania's uh you know uh center, which was funded by the Chinese Communist Party. You mean that kind of connection. Yeah, they don't have those kinds of connections with the Trump administrat don't have any.
Speaker 1: Well, they call them the Confucius Institutes of every one of a lot of these different universities.
Speaker 5: China is going around the world setting up Confucius Institutes, which basically are propaganda centers on campuses all around the world. Now, we had about one hundred of them in the United States because well, a few years ago I testified before the US Congress we call we shone a light on the fact that they were going into campuses all across the United States, offering the campus president a million dollars to set up a Confucius institute. They were welcome. Now, of course we're kicking them off American campuses, but they're in.
Speaker 8: They're in.
Speaker 5: They're in places all around the world. This is part of their what's called the United Front operation of the Chinese Communist Party, where they're trying to win friends and influence people around the around the globe, and and you know, they they were very successful. For a long long time. They had people like Tim Walls, the vice presidential nominee, taking groups of students to China, high school students to China uh on guided tours to tell them how wonderful communism was and how successful it had been in improving the lives of the Chinese people. All fabrications, all lives, of course, but if you're a young, impressionable high school or college student, you tend to believe those things.
Speaker 1: Well, you have that we're taking you there and putting his stamp of approval on it. That goes a long way to form an impression in your mind.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, this was their teacher, and their teacher was teaching them that communism was wonderful. It had worked in China. It hadn't worked in China. We talked about the death poll already, and add to that four hundred million unborn and newborn children who were killed. Add to that the forty five million people who died in the famine in nineteen sixty nineteen sixty one, Add to that the ten million people killed in the Land Reform, the millions who died in the Cultural Revolution, and you've got a death hole of about five hundred million people. So the Chinese Communist Party does win a prize for being the biggest killing machine in human history. They have killed up more people than any political organization in human history, more than Stalin, more than Hitler, more than any other dougish, brute google dictator you can think of.
Speaker 1: And the thing that boggles my mind is that when they talk about China, they continue to talk about them as a developing country, open to trade deals, open to all kinds of functions and breaks from the UN and it just here you have a country that's got the nukes. They have this navy that they're building up, and they're developing country.
Speaker 2: Give me a break.
Speaker 5: China now has the biggest navy in the world, not by tonies, but by number of ships. They have a shi building capability that is two hundred and fifty times the size of ours. That is, they can build two hundred and fifty ships in the time it takes us to build one. Because most of our shipbuilding facilities have closed down. They now have closing in on a thousand nukes. They'll have a thousand nuclear weapons in a couple of years and the means to deliver them all around the world. So this is not a developing country anymore. They pretend to be a developing so they can get breaks on trade. But I think those the days of that gravy train are over now. On January twentieth, we're going to see I think tariffs imposed on Chinese goods, which people need to understand, are made by slave labor, are made by serfs, are made by Chinese workers who can't strike for higher wages. They can't organize labor unions, they can't even engage in a worker slowed down on the assembly line or what or the police are called out and the unrest, the demonstration, the strike for higher wages is put down. So these people are not free workers. And it's unfair to make American workers compete with slaves and serfs.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And of course Chinese economy is not doing very well itself because of the restrictions that they had during the as I call it the plandemic, and the draconian restrictions that they had, and now they're trying to build up their economy and they're having some serious problems.
Speaker 2: My guess is even Moser.
Speaker 1: And we're going to step out for a quick break, and when we come back, I want to continue the conversation but also get into the efforts of PRI the Population Research Institute, and talk about your efforts having to do with the pro life movement. I am Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs.
Speaker 11: The Talk Station, fifty five KRC twenty one in the morning.
Speaker 1: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs the Talk Station. Continue our conversation with Steven Moser. He is president of Population Research Institute. We've been talking about his knowledge and firsthand knowledge of communist China, their one child policy and what was going on in that country, and as far as his movement in terms of pro life agenda. And before we get into your background and how you arrived at being pro life, by the way, thank you for being with us and hanging with us through the break. What do you think is the attraction of communism to so many liberals?
Speaker 2: What is well?
Speaker 5: Communism is supposedly makes life easy. I mean, the government is going to do everything for you. All of your needs will be supplied. You want to worry about food or housing, you want to worry about medical care, you won't have to worry about anything, because the government will give everything according to their need. And everyone, of course is supposed to respond by saying, well, we're going to give everything we can to the government according to our ability. Except that's not the way human nature works.
Speaker 10: Is it.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: And in China, when I was in China living in a Chinese commune, people used to say, no, they had little private gardens, and then they had the big communal fields where everybody worked in common all day long, and then they had their little private gardens where they worked in the evening, and they told me that people were as lazy as worms in the communal fields and as active as dragon in their private gardens. In other words, they did as little as possible in the communal fields during the day to save their energy so they can work on their private garden plots at night. And I think that sums up the whole failure of communism, because those people who are lazy will take advantage of the system. The rest of the people who are trying to work and make it work will soon find out that they're being taken for a ride, and the whole system gradually grinds to a halt, and everyone lives in abject property, except for the Communist Party officials in charge, who live a life of luxury. And you know that's the case in China today. You've got the Chinese Communist Party ninety two million members strong, controlling almost all the wealth of China. The Chinese Communist Party consumes probably at least a third of the wealth of China produced by the one billion Chinese people in their junket, in their foreign junkets and their banquets, and their gardens in their pavilions, you know, in their resorts uh in you know, all of the all of the luxuries they enjoy, the chauffeurd limousines are come at the expense of you know, the blood, sweat and tears of the Chinese people. That's how communism works in practice. It is a great way of exploiting the masses.
Speaker 1: Now do you see a connection between this environmental movement and communism?
Speaker 2: Because as I been I think, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been seeing that environmentalism has become more about control, which has more to do with communism than trying to clean up the planet. And I've mashed the two together and I call it climunism. Uh do you see the connect Do you see a connection there?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think there's a kind of green communism where people will use the exclusive the excuse of climate change, rising CO two levels, whatever, rising sea levels to say, we can run your life better than you can. So you give us all of your money and all of your resources, and we will decide what you eat, and where you live and where you go, and whether or not you can fly on a plane more than once a year. And I mean all of the other elements of control are follow from that. Right. So the radical environmentalist want to radically control us, and it would wind up being something akin to a communist state. Now that's the end state. Now, the radical population controllers not only want to control us, they want to drastically reduce our numbers. And you hear them say things like, well, we need to reduce the population of the planet from eight billion down to one billion. Okay, what are they going to do with the other seven billion of us? Some of them say the carrying capacity of the planet is only one hundred billion, Well, that would mean eliminating even more of the rest of the population. And the advisor, the Chief advisor to the World Economic Forum, says that we only need to keep two hundred and fifty thousand of the most creative, enterprising, innovative humans alive. The rest of us are just dead weight and can be eliminated. That's fine for the lucky two hundred and fifty thousand. What are they going to do with the rest of us, he said, We can be replaced by artificial intelligence and robots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would love to see that come into play, because once these people have to fend for themselves because everything else isn't working, that would that would end very quickly and not very pretty. I just this whole idea of this group of people controlling the masses is just something that we need to put the steak in the ground and make sure that this never happens and stay vigilant that we don't allow it to happen.
Speaker 5: Well, it's absolutely the opposite, the polar opposite of the American dream.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: The American dream is one of rugged individualism, is one of people pulling themselves up by their bootstraps, is one of people improving the lives themselves and their families. And the communists, the radical environmentalists, the radical population and controllers all have this idea that they can run our lives better than we can if we simply give them all of our money and all the power to do so. And of course it will wind up at the end of the day killing off most of the population of the planet.
Speaker 1: Now, Stephen, we normally don't do this, and I usually, you know, we try to keep an interview to the bottom of the hour. Can you hang with us for one more segment after the news at the bottom of the hour, because I want to talk to you about your efforts on the pro life movement, how you came to the pro life movement and talk about your goals for twenty twenty five and talk about population research and what you guys are involved in.
Speaker 2: Have you got time for you to stay with you all right?
Speaker 1: My guest Stephen Moser, president of Population Research Institute. Just fascinating conversation with him. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC DE Talk station fifty five, eight.
Speaker 2: Thirty one in the morning.
Speaker 1: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRS the talk station. My guest is Stephen Moser, President and Population Research Institute. We've been talking about the previous couple of segments and since the beginning of the hour talking about China and their influence and their one child population and their threat to the entire global world or global world now talking about the dangers of communism.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I wanted to make sure that you have an opportunity to talk about your efforts as far as the pro life movement, which is a big component of your organization, and talk about your goals for twenty twenty five. And you did not come to this and by the way, welcome back to the program. Thank you for hanging with us. You did not come to this originally. You were not an original pro life individual. Can you kind of walk us through?
Speaker 5: That was at Sanford University in the nineteen seventies. One of my colleagues at Stanford was Paul Airley, the infamous author of the Population Bob, which argued, of course, that we were breeding ourselves off the face of the planet, that massive famines were going to destroy, you know, a good portion of humanity, and then the rest would soon follow from, you know, catastrophic economic and societal collapse. That never happened. So, but I went to China with the idea that maybe China was overpopulated. I came back from China realizing that China's problem was not too many people. It was too much government and too overbearing and too dictatorial a government. China's problem was a communist party that was actually killing off China's future in the person of millions and millions of unborn and newborn children. And let me point out that they were actually killing babies at birth by lethal injection in order to enforce the one child policy. I was in the operating room when they were doing forced abortions on women. These weren't early abortions. These were abortions at seven, eight and nine months. And I left China thinking that the taking of a human life at any point in pregnancy is wrong. And I left China understanding that China's problem was not its people, but it's politics. And so that's the message that I came back to Stanford with. They didn't want to hear it, by the way, so they fired me.
Speaker 2: Of course, surprise, friend.
Speaker 5: That's that's I was a victim of political correctness before we called it political correctness, but it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Went on to run the Population Research Institute, where we make.
Speaker 2: The case for people.
Speaker 5: And you know, if you look around the world, you'll see that more than half the countries of the world actually have birth rates that are below replacement. Italy, Great Britain, France, Germany. These are all dying countries. Taiwan, China itself, because of the one child policy, South three, Japan, South America. The birth rates are now at or below replacement in those once prolific countries, you know, once Catholic countries. All over the world you see dying populations. And now, for the first time, I believe that the entire population of the world is now below replacement rate fertility. What does that mean. It means that on average, people around the world are having fewer than two point one children. You need two point one children to replace the current population. A husband and wife have to have two a little more than two children to ensure that the next generation, you know, produces a number of children capable of sustaining the population that would be two point one would zero population growth. We are now below that. So the population of the world is now going to be shrinking in the years to come, and that decline will accelerate over time as fewer and fewer babies come into the world and fewer and fewer babies are born. So our long term problem, humanity's long term problem, despite what people may have heard, is not too many children.
Speaker 8: It's too few.
Speaker 1: Children absolutely, Steven Moser. We in other words, what we kind of need pretty much is a rebirth of birth, honoring the family, honoring being a parent, and making the programs geared towards parent two parent households, and which falls into the pro life movement itself to where you eliminate and get away from this planned parenthood narrative that tells us that your life will be better without children.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And you know, for decades, we've been playing defense. We've been trying to cut funding to planned parenthood, which exists to destroy, you know, innocent, unborn human life. We have tried to cut funding to population control programs around the world because it's none of our business how many children the people of Argentina or Brazil decide to have. It should be up to the people of that country, not up to us. And we've tried to cut funding to other radical programs. The cultural imperialism that the West seems to want to deliver to places like Africa and Latin America has to end. So we've been playing defense. Now, I think we've got a lot of people onside with the idea, including Donald Trump, including Elon Musk, with the idea that we need pronatal policies, that the population is aging and dying in the United States and other countries, and we need pronatal policies to encourage family formation and to encourage childbearing. We fought for years to get the child tex credit raised, and I think that during the campaign. JD Vansi, incoming Vice President, said five thousand dollars a year tax credit for each child from birth sixteen. I think it ought to start from conception to age twenty one myself. But we're moving in the direction of protecting our most vital research resource, which is young couples who are willing to have children are providing for the future of America in the most fundamental way by providing the next generation. They need to be protected from taxes that take half of their wealth away and in many cases leave young couples thinking, we can't afford to have a child. My goodness, we can barely make our rent payment. Let's protect that vital resource, these young couples who are willing to have children, from exorbitant taxes so they can provide for the future of the United States.
Speaker 1: We need to praise them instead of demonizing them for having families and wanting to be parents. If people want to get in touch with Population Research Institute, how do they do that, Well.
Speaker 5: We are at pop dot org. Pop dotorg. POP is short for Population Research Institute, so it's easy to find our website and you've got lots of information there about why babies are blessings and not burdens, and why we need to stop funding programs to reduce the number of babies born in this country and around the world.
Speaker 1: I would encourage anybody out there in listening to go to that website, Population Research Institute. Right on their front page their goals for twenty twenty five. Eliminate Planned Parenthood's taxpayer funding, stop US promotion of abortion abroad, enforce federal law on abortion drugs, Strengthen the Mexico City Policy, defund UNFPA and complicit agencies, and ensrine the High Amendment permanently. And go to their website and learn everything about those programs. Steve and I can't thank you enough for spending time with us. It's been a pleasure. Hope to have you back sometime soon and we'll talk about the efforts, and I certainly appreciate your time.
Speaker 2: I look forward to it, all right.
Speaker 1: Stephen Moser, President Population Research Institute, I've been long on these breaks, so I've got to kind of clean that up a little bit. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Eight forty three in the morning.
Speaker 1: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs. The talk station phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine fifty, five hundred one eight hundred day two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five point fifty.
Speaker 2: On that AT and T wireless phone.
Speaker 1: So glad that Stephen Moser could spend time with us, And like I said, I would encourage you to go to his website. And obviously you can tell by the interview that he's a very dynamic speaker. He's a guest speaker and a lot of different functions. Author of a couple of books, Bully of Asia White, China's Dream Is a New Threat to World Order, and his most recent book, The Devil and Communist China from Maw Down to z And it talks about their influence and just how evil they are and the thing that has always surprised me by the left. And as I point out, I wonder how many of the people on the left have Shai Guavera t shirts in their closet. So many of them think in terms of communism being this panacea, this great ability, or this great way of running a government, of everything being taken of and expanding their power, and of course they hope to be in power. But what they don't realize and what I don't know where they get and why they don't know about this. But if you look at each communist country, whether it be the Soviet Union or Communist China or any other communist nations, once the communists take over, once the people are in power, they don't want people around them that know how to form a revolution, how to start a revolution, and they don't want anybody in power smarter than them or somebody that could challenge them. So all of a sudden, you start seeing all of these leaders get whacked and you start dealing with just so you can push the population down, just so that leaders can stay on top. And as Stephen pointed out, this is a recipe for disaster and why people would want that in their country, and especially from what we know of this country and the greatness of this country and how wonderful this country has been as far as the world is concerned. To want to go to any type of communism, they must think that they are the elites. They must think that they're the ones that are going to be on top. They think that they're going to be the ones that are in charge, and they are in for a rude awakening. It is not the way to go. And the more you study history and the more you understand and you look at it. As Stephen pointed out, over five hundred million people have been murdered.
Speaker 2: In communist China.
Speaker 1: Stalin is responsible for fifty million murders alone in his country, and the record of communism, the hundreds of millions of people that have died as a result of these takeovers. This is not how you start a country, This is not how you become a world power, and this is not how you try to make your mark on society. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty Aten t Warreless film coming back. We'll wind up the day and set the table for tomorrow. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRS the talk.
Speaker 6: Station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 11: Explode into the new year with Bok in the unit.
Speaker 1: First morning weather forecast this morning during rush hour period and starting the day off would be cloudy dust. A wind dust is going to be a little high in the twenty mile an hour range. Monday afternoon, we're going to have a little bit of sunshine creeping in for a brief period of time.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a high of fifty one.
Speaker 1: Then we have some rain possible later on tonight into the early morning hours, and Tomorrow is going.
Speaker 2: To be a rainy day.
Speaker 1: Big old front supposedly coming in and hopefully that'll hold off of maybe at least a day, but it doesn't look good. We're gonna have a low of thirty four going into New Year's Day, mostly cloudy day, a high of thirty nine and a low of twenty six. Right now forty one degrees fifty five krs. The talk station Chuck Ingram Hass track.
Speaker 2: From the UCL Trampic Center.
Speaker 12: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is the region's first and only provider of specialized primary care services for cancer patients and survivors. Call five one three five eighty five uc CE see Chris continue to work with the wreck on the shoulder that is on SAP bound June seventy five, near Ward's corner. They're right hand inside elsewhere highway traffic looks good with no time to lace in or out. Of downtown Chuck Ingram and fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Eighteen fifty in the morning, Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KAR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We're going to be talking a little bit about now, you know, the end kind of the urine review type of thing, some of the stuff that went on, the highest spots and bright spots. I don't know you can get much more of a bright spot than the November fifth election, but we'll talk about that as well as other things. Right now, let's go to the phones. Talk to Robert. Robert fifty five k S. Thanks for calling. How are you today? And marry or a happy New Year.
Speaker 10: To you, Hbride.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it, thanks for take my call. I just you know, I always thought that, you know, perhaps the COVID nineteen itself, you know, they're in China may have very well been part of a project for limiting or killing off some of the population as tool. The greenest was just a thought, but that, you know, that did cross my mind that maybe they were trying to make experiments they're in China to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, if there is a thorough investigation as to what's going on. I mean, you don't do gain a function and try to manufacture certain diseases and try to pinpoint them. As it appears as though that COVID nineteen was kind of more directed at to the elderly people who had pre existing conditions pro co morbidity, co morbidity rates and possibly quite possibly a test if you will, to see what we could do, how we could control the population, and to see how much these are working. Because if you're developing something, you want to make sure or you want to see that it is working. And if it's not working, then you know you got to perfect it. And I don't you know that is not a far fetched theory when you look at what happened.
Speaker 2: And what went on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly, I mean look at it mostly did effect, you know when it came to COVID nineteen, and you know.
Speaker 10: Hopefully they stop.
Speaker 7: Maybe people's eyes are you know, woking up my grants we say about November fifth.
Speaker 5: Or early Christmas present there, yeah.
Speaker 10: For America.
Speaker 7: But yeah, again that's just the thought of wonder how many that's well, I'll ever get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 1: Frankly, Well, I hope that you know that the incoming administration gets to the bottom of this, because we did see some reports last last week that yes, in fact, they knew about this, They knew that this was coming out of the wet Mart well that Wuhan Lab as early as October of twenty nineteen, and that the Secure, the CIA and the security officials tamped that information down and try to prevent that information from going out. How many lives could have been saved had we known this back in October or November, because it really didn't start hitting the United States until the beginning of twenty twenty, and by that time we were behind the eight ball. And if you've got a and these scientists, if they're working on something, they should know how to prevent it. And the fact that that was let to go on and didn't try to help end it, I think is a criminal in itself, and I hope that this is all looked into in the coming year. Robert, thank you so much for the phone call. I certainly appreciate it. Well, folks, that pretty much does it for us this morning. I certainly appress appreciate Christopher Smitherman and the smither event. I always appreciate talking to him, and especially talking to talking to our friend that with Population, Stephen Moser, the Population Research Institute, and talking about all their work, and especially trying to open our eyes a bit to what is going on in communist China and what their plan is for the world. And again tomorrow we'll be picking up and talking. I'll be in again tomorrow and talk about some of the stuff for the year in review and some of the stuff that we've looking forward to the coming year.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 1: I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five krs the Talk Station.
Speaker 6: A full rundown of the biggest ten lines.
Speaker 2: There's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 11: I'm giving you a fact now Americans should know fifty five krs the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by