Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dankplas Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Dan Caples Show.
Speaker 3: This is day two of two with Will kiny Shaff Steve Reams setting in as a guest host, and we're going to get right to the show today. There's not a more appropriate lead in than that a little bit of boxing metaphor in Dan's lineup, because yesterday we had Dudley Brown with Rocky Mountain Gun Owners taking a few shots at Ryan Armagust out of HD sixty four, and with us today we have Ryan Armagost to kind of throw a few punches back, and Ryan's on the line.
Speaker 2: Ryan, how are you doing good?
Speaker 4: Triff?
Speaker 5: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. Ryan.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you heard a little bit of the audio from yesterday, and I know you've seen some of the stuff that was posted on social media from the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners. You know they posted some of your TikTok TikTok videos in addition to some statements that they're making about your work down at the State House, especially in reference to Senate Bill III. What do you have in response to that?
Speaker 5: Well, I think, first and foremost the attacks are unprovoked and unnecessary. I think it's just these are things that should be happening face to face, blind closed doors, where we can resolve issues, rather than make it public and further dividing not only the Republicans, but dividing the two A community. And that's what I think. We need to work harder at uniting and staying united in that, not trying to find a wedge to drive in between them. And right now I'm being created as that wedge.
Speaker 3: Okay, So some of the content that was put outs, you know, I had in reference to some emails that you had sent out to your constituents. One of them, I'm just going to read a quote here just to get a response from you. I'm still proud to represent our gun rights, for our caucus and for Colorado with all the other two A advocates, they take the fight to the capital, not to the doorstep of legislators and their families. If somebody came to my doorstep like that, my family would show them what the Second Amendment is all about. I think that's I think that's kind of where from what I understand, it caught the ire of the Rocky Mountain gun owners. Can you explain what that statement means and kind of what your intent was with that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, basically this is something I'd told to them as well before I made that statement, But it's something that really just the accusations that were made toward them were that they were visiting the homes of family members while the legislators were at work, And to me, that was intimidation. If that was happening to my family, I'd be pretty upset.
Speaker 2: All right, so are you?
Speaker 3: And I'm not trying to put you on the spot here, Ryan, but I guess in a little way I am. Are you saying the appropriate response to those kind of knocks on the door is with a gun in hand?
Speaker 6: Or you?
Speaker 2: Just what's the intent of that post?
Speaker 5: Me and Sam was just simply that it would make me and credit upset if I was the legislator that that was.
Speaker 4: Happening to my family.
Speaker 5: I know my I would not want my family to feel threatened being at home because they're they're married to a legislator. Or the children of a legislator. I think that's wholly inappropriate.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, and the accusation yesterday was that from the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners was that you had basically offered a relief valve to the Democrats. I think you'd argue that you had four Democrats that were potentially going to vote against Senate Bill III, and that when you approach these folks in the in the well of the House and kind of you know, I guess spoke down about the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners tactics, it gave them a relief valve to vote against the bill. Do you do you see the same thing there? And do you really do you believe you had enough votes to kill the bill?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Walk walk us through that?
Speaker 5: No, and I don't think we will. That's wholly inaccurate. And I don't think we would have had the votes to kill the bill anyway, But there are definitely two votes that we could have had that would have been at least a closer situation. And the thing that I did with those legislators that I knew were either flipping their vote from where they were in committee to the House floor, I saw potential in it So I contacted them initially, just hey, are you still going to be an on this where you at? And they said, I'm not feeling the same as I was before. So that's where that ended up. That's where it started. But it's getting turned into something of speculation, which is again more divisive than anything else. Rather than coming to me, all anyone has to do is talk to me. That people know my email. If not, they can go to Pharmacaust sixty four dot com and find my email and reach out. That's fact, to get the facts from the source, not from speculation or organizations.
Speaker 2: So I don't want to I'm.
Speaker 3: Not putting words in your mouth, but I assume that you and the Rocky Mountain gun owners have had no official talks. When I say Rocky Mountain gun owners, the Dudley Browns, the Ian Escalantes, you guys have had no face to face talks since the end of session or since this bill passed. Correct, So what is your message to the gun owners out there of you know, I mean, this is your messaging where are we at on Senate Bill three or what's your stance even as it pertains to these gun rights advocates, whether it be Rocky Mountain gun owners in ra A, well, what's your message to the voters out there.
Speaker 5: I think the biggest thing is, especially with Senate Bill three, that was just, I mean a huge, huge slap in the face to any gun owner out there. That bill is from where it began to what it morphed into over and over again, and every time it was read, it turned into something horrendous for more horrendous every time it was read. But it eventually became something that the governor wanted and we just then realized, holy cow, this might actually pass. And when it did, I think everyone in the two A community was definitely quick to point of finger It's kind of natural, it's the way things have been for a long time. But this year we it felt like we were much more united, but there was still a lot of finger pointing. I think instead everyone should have just taken the punch to the jaw, you know, rub some dirt on it, and then said let's get back up and get back in the fight. I think this is just something that's going to now have to be challenged. But unfortunately this isn't this isn't the beginning, but it's definitely not going to be the end on the attack from the Democrats and our gun rights for sure.
Speaker 3: I understand that. So, Ryan, we only have about thirty seconds left. I'll give you the last opportunity here, give you the last word to make a messaging to your voters out there. You know you're representing HD sixty four. Finished with your final word too.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, I just I got to like that to represent how Sister fifty four are not a political organization. You know, when we win, when we work together, we need ever conservative voice of the table make a difference in the minority. That means finding common ground. I remain committed to working with anyone who shares the same ideology of supporting our law abiding citizens, supporting our gun rights, and otherwise supporting public safety and the needs of our state of Colorado to get it back to where it used to be. We didn't get here overnight. We're not going to get out of it overnight. But we need to stick together to make it happen.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 3: Thank you for coming on the show. Ryan, I'm sorry this is such a short segment, but we had the show booked. But thank you for coming on and giving a reply to the interview from yesterday, we're going to cut the break in again thanks to Ryan Armagos from HD sixty four and you're listening to the Dan Capla Show with Well Kenny Sheriff, Steve Rms.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast Steve.
Speaker 3: Reams sitting in. Sitting in as your guest host. Didn't get a chance to set this up as much as I wanted to in that first segment, but this is going to be our candidate for Governor's Show, and in full transparency, this first candidate that we're going to speak to is not a person that I've ever met personally. And I just started basically going through the list of twenty four candidates in the state of Colorado that are running for the seat for governor, twelve of those being Republicans. And so when I started going through the list, I found this next person's.
Speaker 2: Facebook page pretty easy.
Speaker 3: I reached out to this individual and he was very responsive, and that person is Alex. Got to Alex, are you on the line with us?
Speaker 4: I am Alex.
Speaker 3: Tell us a little bit about yourself and what made you decide to jump in the race for Colorado governor as a Republican?
Speaker 4: Sure, sure, Thanks for having me, Steve.
Speaker 6: I'm Alex Mugatu.
Speaker 4: I'm a born and raised public Natives. Their generation probably the most distinguishing aspect of me. As far as I know, I'm the only millennial in this race. For what it's worth, Okay, what what I jumped into the race for. You know, I have some genuine concerns, as as many people do, with the direction of the state, and I have even more concerns with the direction of the way that the parties, the Republican Party has has been going in recent years. I think that there needs to be a serious come to Jesus moment with the way that we actually look at governing in Colorado. And as a as a business owner myself, I bring a different a different mentality when it comes to leadership, and I think I bring a different some very different ideas when it comes to governing itself. Some of the things that that i'mp me to jump into this race, you know, I'm passionate about certain issues, namely property rights and our constitutional rights, and I think that you know, every day that we've witnessed this past legislative session, it's just not looking good. Regardless of the kind of representation that we have in the legislature right now. So property rights is key to restoring the Colorado promise that was based in our American dream. And I'd like to have the Colorado that at our parents and grandparents essentially built for us.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: So, Alex, you mentioned that you're a small business owner. What is your business background? And also I'll just add on to that so you can kind of go with it. He said that you're kind of new to the political field as far as running for office. Do you have you been involved in Republican politics down in Pueblo. Uh, you know, I'm on the other end of the state. So, like I said, we haven't had a chance to get to meet. So this is the time for you to educate the voters on all that.
Speaker 6: Sure.
Speaker 4: So, actually, I'm I'm not I'm not new to to our political scene. I've actually been at this for for quite a while, mainly in Pueblo County. I've been a Republican candidate for the legislature several several times there there have been primaries, you know, the way that the party runs in our nominating processes. Uh, other other people have different ideas and you know, I get taken out in a primary, so that that's kind of where where my background is. I'll go on to say that that every one of those candidates that defeated me in a primary did go on to lose a general election. So nobody really knows what the voters are going to do. But uh, you know, that's that's just kind of my background. I've been at this for a for a long time here or not because I'm facing a political title, but because I want to see some change in our state. My business background, I I'm the uh I'm the owner and CEO of of Icon Asylum Entertainment, which which was a company that I established in two thousand and five when I was kind of goofing off in uh Fort Collins during my college years. And what that what that was was essentially a sports entertainment company with the flash and slambuoyance of UH pro wrestling in mm A, mixed martial arts and whatnot. We tried to uh come back to Pueblo, you know, with with big dreams I guess of taking my hometown by storm, and I I ran into politics and that's really where I started to get my foot into the door here is I discovered real quick that everything is so political in Pueblo County and I'm sure across the state that it just wasn't a good business environment for young entrepreneurs to to get themselves established in Colorado anymore. So that's that's kind of where where we're going with that. Then covid HIT and being a sports entertainment promotions at event promotions company, when Jared Polis decided he wanted to implement a mass ban on a ban on MAS gatherings, well, I mean if that that had an effect on ticket sales, so.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine that was good for the business model. Yeah, it was not.
Speaker 4: So we're trying to rebuild, but in the meantime, we want to see some some things change in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: So you know, every candidate tends to have a few pillars in there in there, you know, for for their candidacy. You talked about property, right, it's what are some other things that if given the chance to represent the state of Colorado as a Republican candidate or even as a Republican governor, what are the other things that you would you would find yourself focusing on.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I think that I think where Republicans have gone wrong is we've kind of let the Democrat Party kind of kind of trademark the term progressive, even though we've we've seen a lot of regressive policy coming out of the Gold Dome. We we've kind of let them trademark that for their own and really that's been to our own detriment. For for my property rights issue, one of my main staples on that is on the candidate that's known for for wanting to abolish residential property tax in Colorado, I think that that's something we can do. I think that that we shouldn't be forced to spend a lifetime leasing our own the pursuit of our own happiness from our government in order to keep it. And you know, once once you buy it, it should be yours for life. I think that energy independence, that we're having a big issue with energy, especially down here in Publo. We just ran a ballot measure, an unnecessary ballot measure, where the city wanted to basically take over Black Hills Energy is infrastructure and create a municipal a municipal energy company. It got shot down, so now we have to go back to the drawing table. I think that we can open up Colorado to a free market energy economy and let people decide who powers their homes and their businesses.
Speaker 3: So when it comes to the infrastructure of Colorado, where do you think we stand as a state? I mean, I know where we rank as a state. I think we're forty seven out of fifty if I'm not mistaken. But what would be your plans as a governor or governor's candidate for addressing the infrastructure woes that are Colorado?
Speaker 4: Sure? I mean I've seen I do a lot of traveling, Steve, and I've seen two thousand year old cobblestone roads that are smoother drides than Colorado roads. You know, as the infrastructure is key to creating a strong economy. You have solid infrastructure, you bring in business opportunity, you bring in jobs, opportunities it you know, the sky's the limit there. So as far as as far as governor, that's where I would be focusing on. We had a candidate forum last Thursday in Longmont, and of course I left Pueblo at two thirty in the afternoon. There was a drive that should have taken me two hours to get to Longmont, and I got there a quarter to six, just before the event started. And you know, I think with what we're seeing here with the population growth, the I twenty five from Fillmore and Colorado Springs all the way up to north the northern the northern part of the metro, the I twenty five was basically a parking lot. I think that the growth and population is not sustainable with the infrastructure that we have, and we need to really focus on on expanding it from water from water infrastructure, energy infrastructure, improving our roads and highways, providing additional options for routing on roads and highways. There needs to be some significant investment in both time and energy to focusing on expanding our infrastructure.
Speaker 3: And I didn't hear you mention any kind of railway from Pueblo to Fort Collins, So that's probably a positive in your candidacy. Just to reset, we have Alex Mugatu on with us here on the show. He's a candidate for governor here in Colorado, Republican. You just kind of highlighting some of your stances, you know, again going back to some of the things that I think are red meat Republican issues. What's your stance on let's say Second Amendment issues. We just had one of the most egregious gun bills passed in the state of Colorado and Senate Bill IREI, where do you stand on something like that?
Speaker 4: Right well, I mean, obviously as a as a red blooded American here, our country was founded based off of a tax grievance and and we needed to be able to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government. Not saying that we're at that point yet, but right now, the way that that Colorado is looking after the last census and the redistricting process, I mean, we basically have what six or seven counties call on the shots for for for an entire state here. You know, two A is a big issue for me. I'm I'm a strong proponent of self governance. I'm a strong proponent of home ruld jurisdiction. I'm kind of liking what I'm seeing coming out of Douglas County right now. I wish that that all counties that aren't home rule counties would would jump onto that bandwagon and try to protect themselves from from overreach at the state level. As far as the Senate Bill three, which was in my opinion, I mean, I'm sure it's an opinion shared by many. It was an egregious overreach, constitutional violation, and I hope that it does get overturned in the court, but I think that this is actually something that's going to have to be overturned by the people themselves.
Speaker 3: Okay, Alex was just about twenty seconds left. What's your website? How can people find you?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 4: You can find me at Alex Mugatu mug a tu dot com and you can send a message a member of the If I don't get the message myself, one of our team members will get it and I'll get in touch with you.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Capless Show here with well Kenny Shriff Steve Riams as a guest host.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show Podcastle's.
Speaker 3: Show with Well Kenny Shriff Steve Riams setting in the driver's seat today day two of two. And just to remind the listeners what we're doing here today, we've got kind of a governor's show today, governor candidate Show. I guess I should say, as I mentioned in the earlier segment, there's twenty four candidates running for the governor in the state of Colorado, twelve that are Republicans, So we're going to cover four of them today and if I get a chance to cover in the future, we'll try to get to another four and then maybe hopefully, hopefully the last four unless more jump in. And we've already had a few texts talking about some other potential candidates. But if you want to text in the numbers five, seven, seven, three nine. We'll also take calls in the last segment, which is you can call in at three oh three seven, one, three, eight, two five five. But lit's without further ado. Let's get to our next candidate, which is the sheriff of Teller County. I know this individual pretty well. Jason Michael, how you doing.
Speaker 6: I'm doing good. Steve, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great. Doing something other than sheriff and and I got to tell you it's a whole lot more fun. But you're doing something other than sheriff in a little bit too. You're running for governor and this is your second time on the show with me. But tell us a little bit about your campaign platform. How are things going? And uh, you know, where are you finding energy out in the state of Colorado.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, see the energies everywhere everybody wants to change. I'm seeing that so many different places. And you know, I'm a little bit different than the other candidates. Most people don't know that. I've been an entrepreneur and businessman for many years. I've scaled companies and I have multiple small businesses with my wife throughout the Woodland Park area. And it's so I do a lot of different things. And then, by the way, I'm a sheriff too, so as a candidate, I kind of understand both sides of it. I know how to help Colorado build as a state and be able to get businesses back up and running. And I also know how to deal with the crime and the issues that we're seeing all throughout the state.
Speaker 3: Well, and I know the answer to this one because we've talked about it before, But what energized you to jump in the governor's race and kind of what are the tip poles, if you will, of your campaign candidacy? You know, what are those things that hold your campaign up?
Speaker 6: Well, I think right now, for me, it's just watching so many other politicians run that I just felt couldn't win a race and understand that. You know, we have a lot of big issues within the Colorado and a lot of it has to do with our budget and the goals to get it back to something that's fiscally responsible. The other piece, though, too, is I really look at crime as a major issue out throughout Colorado and just deregulating a lot of a lot of issues that are creating the high house costs, and really the everything that you're seeing is coming out of Denver right now. All the regulations, all the push to you know, really destroy Colorado is coming out of our legislature. And some of the biggest issues I see is we've got to fix our roads. We've got to fill some potholes. This is horrible now. And our crime is what third in the nation now for violent crime, and businesses are leading Colorado on a daily basis. So these are these are the areas that really energize me and get me moving. I've got three boys, and I want them to be able to come back to a Colorado that that they can actually be here and live and be able to grow in and be a part of. And I think everybody wants that for their children.
Speaker 3: So when you're out there and you're interacting with the public, I'm sure you're getting some Republican support. But what does it look like when you get outside of the Republican community and you're interacting with Let's say, I won't call them the enemy because you need every vote, but the Democrats are the unaffiliated, the independent. You know, what kind of feedback are you getting?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 3: Are you hearing the same message across different party lines for where the state of Colorado is or we still a very divided state.
Speaker 6: No, I think I'm hearing it from all different areas because as a sheriff, I'm you know, I governed for both everyone. It doesn't matter who you are. And I think, really, in speaking with a lot of independence, a lot of unaffiliated here, their main concerns is, let's stop dealing with the social issues and let's start dealing with real issues that affect them on a daily basis. Everything from putting food on the table to putting gas in their cars and being able to get their cars on the roads. Those are the biggest issues I see. And they want to save Colorado and I think that's where a lot of them are working with me and Democrats are in the same boat. They feel like their party has just left them behind. They understand there's been a trifecta and for a long time now that really they feel ashamed of their own parties. And I think and I can understand that. I mean, really, you look at the state of Colado and Jared Polis's issues, and then some of the new candidates for the Democratic Party, they're not following what they're party even believes in in a lot of different ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there's a couple of Senate bills that just went through our House, Bills thirteen twelve, which is the Transgender Rights Bill, I think it's commonly known as that, and then Senate Bill three. I mean, those are two pretty extreme bills that kind of define this legislative session. But is that I mean, is that what's resonating out there with the public And what are your opinion on those two bills.
Speaker 6: Well, here's the thing. I think everybody's seeing that, Hey, boys need to play boy sports, girls need to play girl sports. That's the way it is, and we need to respect that. And I think on the gun bill, listen, I'm a Second Amendment person. You and I and multiple others fought those bills in for a state in a legislature to tell sixty four counties and sixty four sheriffs that they don't care what they bring to the table. They don't care to have discussions with us, and they don't care to stakeholder with us. And they have talks and they did it anyways, against everyone that requested that they not. That tells you where our government has gone within Colorado, and it tells you we have no clear leadership. And that's what I need to bring to the table, is clear leadership, because I've done it so many times in Colorado's history.
Speaker 3: So on that topic of leadership, you know, it's going to take quite a few different candidates running for different offices, whether it be ag whether it be governor. You're going to kind of have to raise all waters. Do you think your campaign's building the momentum that it needs to help raise all waters? And do you see other folks jumping into those those other races that we need to see competitive folks in. I mean, quite frankly, just winning the governor's race isn't enough. Were you seeing things out on the horizon. Do we have a chance as a Republican Party?
Speaker 6: You know, I think it's going to be very difficult, I think, And here's the reason why I'm running for the governor position. You could run for another position and do well. But here's the problem I see without a governor to be able to veto things and stop what I call the bleed or the constant builds, because we still have another session to come through, even before another race, what comes next. So everybody's dealing with what's happening right now, and they're not thinking strategically about what happens in the future if we don't slow some of these things down. So you're absolutely right. The Attorney general's position is one of the main key pieces we have to be able to take, and there's nobody stepped up to run for that position yet. And if we don't take that, it's going to be awfully difficult to change or create the ability to go forth as Republicans and win seats. And I think that's one of my biggest concerns. You got to win enough Senate seats, bag, you gotta win enough House seats back. But we just got to get to where we can have an equal number if we can't just win them all.
Speaker 2: I know you have the law and order candidate.
Speaker 3: I know that there's a lot of issues out there when it deals with crime in Colorado. If you could make one change right now in the state of Colorado to affect what would that be.
Speaker 6: I hold criminals accountable. And you know, Steve, the biggest thing is for me, I'm also the business candidate. I'm the only candidate I believe in Colorado that's actually got the skills to build companies, build businesses, understand what that lifeblood is, and understand the law enforcement side what really needs to be given to law enforcement to succeed. But you've got to hold criminals accountable. And that's what I'll do.
Speaker 3: So in just a few seconds that we have left, people are going to want to know how to find more about you. Look at your pages. Where can folks find you out there on the interwebs, So.
Speaker 6: You can find me a Mike soul the number four gov dot com and that's Micsolfo gov dot com. Here's the other thing. If you just want to google my name and look at YouTube or in the other things, you'll see my leadership and action in multiple different news clips. You'll find me on social media sites and it's micol forgev. Also in anywhere you look, if you look at my name, you're going to find me.
Speaker 2: Well, give you.
Speaker 3: One last chance here to make a pitch to the public. You've got, you've got, you've got the mic.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you, Steve. And here's the thing. If you want a candidate that understands real business and understands how to get call right off the ground, and you want to see somebody that can really deal with crime and really love our law enforcement officers and first responders across the state, I'm your candidate and I think you you'll see that if you actually follow me.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks for coming on the show again, Jason. I know it's a short segment that any anytime someone comes on the radio, but you package a lot of information into a short amount of time. And again, uh follow Jason on his social media pages or his website, and again we just appreciate you coming on the show. We'll cut to brake and we'll take some calls and some text messages in this last segment. But you're listening to the Dan Caplas Show here on six thirty k how with Well Kenny Sheriff. Steve brings.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Today and as the guest host on day two of two and we jumped right into the show to right from the word go. We had Ryan armagost On in that first segment kind of fighting back a little bit with the story that we had on yesterday from Rocky Mountain gun owners who took some shots at Ryan for the way they believe he handled his navigation of Senate Bill three down at the State House. So he had a chance to kind of push back a little bit and give his side of the story. And I guess you listeners out there can go to social media's and figure out which side of that debate you follow the most or which side you trust the most. But as I said earlier, today's kind of our Governor's candidate show. And you know, since we had twenty four governor's candidates in the state of Colorado, that's several days worth of radio. There's only twelve that are Republicans, but three Democrats and nine i'll just say others unaffiliated constitutional parties. And I won't go through the like Jo Exotic. Yeah, boy, wouldn't that be fun if we could get a Joe Exotic. Actually, you know there's a can it on here that's that's a Republican candidate that he ran a few years ago, and he's He's not a Joe exotic candidate, but he is a interesting guy that I had a chance to interact with at a at a debate, and I'm hoping that I can get him on the radio at some point because if nothing else, our exchanges will be entertaining. But I'm not sure if he'll take my call. But I'm going to go through the list of candidates here and you can raise your hand out there in the listening audience if you know any of them. Oh and by the way, if you want to text in and give your feedback on the ones we've heard so far, which is Alexander who got to and Jason Mike's Ol, the sheriff down in Teller County, feel free to text in. We have gotten one text in reference to someone they would like to see nominated, and that's Dan Kaplis. Seems like every time we talk about governor's candidates, his name pops up, and that's from our wonderful listener, Alexa. But the other candidates we have here on the Republican side, we're going to have Mark Baisley and Scott Bottoms on in the next hour, but we have a Jason Clark, we have a Bryson Garrison, Steve An Guess, John Gray Ginsburg, my buddy that I've interacted with before, Joshua Griffin, Greg Lopez, which I believe made his announcement on your show. If I'm not mistaken, I did. And then we have a William or will McBride. We had Jason on, Jason Michel, we had Alexander who got to and I think the last one on here is Jim Runberg. And I have to be honest with you, there's only four of those people now, five that I know after talking to alex So it'll be interesting to see if we can get the other four on. Like I said, I shouldn't say that I do know John Greg Ginsburg from a previous interaction entertaining guy. I'll say that, So we'll see how that goes. Yeah, I'm concerned for the state of Colorado because I think we have gone so far to the left that something has to pull back to the right. And I'm hoping that one of these uh, one of these candidates finds lightning in a bottle. Heck, I'm hoping Dan Kaplis still jumps into the race, and I hope the listeners are encouraging that as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 8: There are some listeners and I won't mention any names, but mine my name, Ryan Schuling, that would love to see a sheriff Steve Reem's candidacy for governor.
Speaker 2: What say, you hold your breath and I'll die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I appreciate that, Ryan, you know, is as much as I've enjoyed my life in politics, to the extent that I've been involved in politics, I was always drawn to being a law enforcement guy. Being a sheriff was, you know, as a necessary evil to go through politics. And I've learned a lot. I've met a lot of fantastic folks in the political life. I've met some that I wish I hadn't met. Yeah, But quite frankly, I'm tired of asking people for money and for support, and I want to help candidates to get elected. I want to help those good candidates. So if we find that person that you know is catching lightning in bottle, I'll be with them one hundred and fifty percent. We just got to get that right person. And quite frankly, the people in the Bolder don't like me very much.
Speaker 8: So that's part for the course, I'm sure I'm not very big in Boulder either. That's a different crowd, different audience for the most part, although there are a few except there's a few, John Caldera being one of the I don't know how he continues to live there, but God love him. I would say that ground Game Organization. I've gone to one of the Colorado GOP breakfasts. I believe it might have been the first since bread of Horn came aboard his chair. Heidi Ganaal helped hosting that. Heidi's very good behind the scenes. Of course, she was the candidate for governor last time around. And I think the energy it's something the sheriff Mike's will touched on.
Speaker 2: It's there.
Speaker 7: It's just a matter of.
Speaker 8: Tapping into it and getting it focused and redirected. We live in a state where we have to get the persuadables. That's just all there is to it. We could turn out every Republican voter, it still wouldn't be enough to overcome the advantage Democrats have built in between registered Democrats and unaffiliated to buy and large lane left exactly so you get those persuadables that are disaffected with this recent thirteen twelve being passed with their Second Amendment rights being a fringe upon, you know, those kind of common sense, common ground issues.
Speaker 7: That's how I would distill it.
Speaker 3: I think you're I think you hit the nail on the head. And you know crime has affected everyone in Colorado. I don't care where you go, you can't help, but notice what is going on in Colorado, and I think that that leans that issue, leans towards the you know Republican fixes more often than not, as you've seen from our state legislature. But you hit the nail on the head too with a house built thirteen twelve. I think when you have moms that get activated and dads for a large degree too, But when you start attacking parental rights, that activates a whole other segment that if you can resonate with that segment, I think there's a chance to there's a chance to find a pathway for a Republican to be successful. Although I do think it's a very narrow path. I think someone can navigate it if they have the right ground game and they can activate those those baseline voters.
Speaker 2: Do we think could be that guy?
Speaker 8: Well, Dan's got a lot of cachet and I can talk about him when he's not here, but I would say this to him if he asked. But he's got the name recognition, right. I think he has the credibility. He's done good work in this state on behalf of victims of large accidents. He has I think a platform in this show that he's been reaching people for years. So I think he has a lot of built in kind of no brainer advantages in addition to the fact that he's doing pretty well from his law firm and from a financial standpoint. Plus, I think it's not just that I think Dan would be adept at being able to secure a donor money that's bick. He and I have talked about that independent of him. But a candidate has to give the party nationally the belief that we can win here, and that's a big obstacle. That has been a big hurdle in raising money for our campaign statewide well.
Speaker 3: And I think you know the secondary piece to that we keep talking about does the Republican Party build the candidate or does the candidate helps stand the Republican Party backup. You know, we've kind of been in ambles as a Republican party. I say we because I'm part of it as a Republican party in this state. But a good candidate raises all waters. And if we can just find that person to help help raise the water, you know, I think it's a it's good for all of us and good for the people of Colorado. So when we come back in segment two, well jump back into this conversation and get a couple more candidates up. But right now you're listening to The Dan Kaplis Show with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Reams as your guest host.