Speaker 1: Yeah, dum, you need advice?
Speaker 2: Who you don't have? Come running as a can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come, man, this is.
Speaker 1: The Troubleshooter Show. No tell Martinez. Hey, welcome to the show. What's going on in your life? This is a beautiful Monday, and we're gonna start off the week. I hope solving your problems, answering your questions, taking your complaints we have.
Speaker 5: It's we see in the studio it's Wednesday. It's what day? Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it is Wednesday. I'm sorry, Mark, that's all right. I can't believe I said that. Now I'm never gonna hear the end of it. You know, the Biden jokes just now now they've let up a little on the Biden jokes, so people feel sorry for him. But okay, it is Wednesday. I said, a beautiful Monday. Uh it's Monday for me because as always, Marcus Suzanne pick up the slack for me. Uh, I went with my health challenges and uh, I don't want to belabor this. I just want to say I couldn't have gone through this, absolutely not. Everything would have gone away without Marcus Susanne. Absolutely, we appreciate it. Posively. No, I could have never ever ever gone through this and and had a and had an operation. So and Deputy D. He absolutely agrees. You know. One of the first things Deputy D said to me when he started volunteering and helping us with a lot of great cases. Very smart guy. We we were Wow, well waited win it? Yeah what very smart guy?
Speaker 6: You set him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh oh, so listen, you know what he said. One of the first things, when do I get to meet Mark? And I'm thinking, come on, man, you got the mac daddy here? Huh huh you know that beautiful mac daddy host? Oh what's that?
Speaker 3: He said? That's what all the ladies say.
Speaker 1: Well, we got to hook him up. And Mike, do I have to meet Mark?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: Do I have to meet Mark? Death's Deputy Dot? And then we have I Okay, So the dad starts graven as Larry works with his dad, Larry goes off on his own in the eighties, and uh, Nick was brought up in the business. We're talking about Gravina's window siding doors. So Nick, here's what I want to know. Was it a conscious decision to go into the business or was it assumed? Or tell me how that worked.
Speaker 8: You know, truthfully, I was in college and uh, when I graduated, trying to find a job and at the time I cut it, and so, you know, I was just working for him to you know, temporarily to try to find a job, and then it just never really come to fruition. So I just ended up kind of hanging out and then uh, you know, kind of morphed in and then I started doing well and started kind of engaging, and then you know, just kind of turned into what it is.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, you learned a lot many.
Speaker 1: With us. Hey, give us a health update, you get a sec Okay, now, NISI is wants to talk about a company job. I'm not sure what we're Nissie, take it away. What is what's going on with you?
Speaker 10: I got a message through directly on my cell phone about a job possibility, and I said, yes, I'm interested.
Speaker 6: That just did it just randomly showed up correct randomly.
Speaker 10: Hi, my name is Christina. I have a job opportunity, Da da da da. So I followed through. I said, yes, I'm interested. Who's the company? And then next thing you know, I get what's that message from a lady named Amy who said Christina told us. You're interested, I said, yes, tell me more.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 10: They call it a product marketing assistant. And what I would do was go in and rate products to try and I guess boost you know this item's marketability. I would get paid a commission for that. Now what happened on day one is I got a one hundred dollars sign on bonus and that went into the work wallet. At the end of the day I withdraw it. It came to my account being legit. Day two, sure, you have to start off again. So as I'm raising these products, you have to have enough money.
Speaker 1: In your work Now, how did you I was going to ask you what kind of products that's all over the board or were they very specific?
Speaker 10: Now they were products that you would see on Amazon, skirts, purses of okay, pgs, et cetera. Anything, okay, all right, I would go and I'd rate these And then I got to day three where they do it based on a teer. So the more money you have in the wallet, supposedly, the higher earnings you can make because you'll get the offer to raise higher priced items.
Speaker 1: It already so horrible. It just sounds pretty scammy to me, doesn't it? Mark beyond scam outs.
Speaker 12: It is a scam, red flags, capital letters, scam.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, for all we know is for here are the red flags. I'm going to list the red flags. They contacted her out of the blue. And the next one is she didn't have a clear definition. Now I want to know something. Give me an example, a very specific example of a product that you.
Speaker 10: Rated, a Gouccy handbag, so I would look at this.
Speaker 1: Was it a real But now did they actually send it to you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 13: No, I think she was off fake reviews at Amazon and places like that.
Speaker 10: I believe that that's ultimately what it was.
Speaker 6: And I spent Did they ask you?
Speaker 1: Did they ask you to leave reviews?
Speaker 10: So there's two ways you can do it. Yes, you have to leave a review. One you can hit an automatic button, or two you can type it out personally. Okay, happened to review and an item came up that I didn't have enough money in my wallet to cover. Therefore they have all my money there.
Speaker 1: Were Well that's what I don't understand. The money, the money in your wallet. This is the part I don't understand. And I'm sorry I keep interrupting, but I don't understand who put the money in that wallet.
Speaker 10: I did through the guidance of my quote unquote coach who was my boss they prefer to be called coaches, guided me through.
Speaker 6: Y'all.
Speaker 10: I feel like such a fool, and I'm going through menopause, so my brain is crazy right now. They guided me through how to withdraw all the money from my cash app on my coinbase and put it in my work wallet, assuring me that I would get it back at the end of each day.
Speaker 1: Well, and this is money that you have, your own money, So how much money money? How much money did you deposit?
Speaker 10: I believe it's around fifty six hundred dollars. I've got to go double check all these figures.
Speaker 1: And it all happened very.
Speaker 10: We send me a screenshot of this, and this is what you do next. This is what you do next. You've got to go get the money in or you're not going to get paid today. You have to finish your task. And then they just okay a text message. We haven't heard from you in twenty with If we don't hear back from you within twenty four hours, we're closing your accounts. So you know, I've asked repeatedly to get my money back. I've called customer service, which is some crazy number. No one answers. They had to call me back. On their website looks very fake. They say they have four point eight billion dollars in assets, yet they can't return my fifty six hundred dish dollars.
Speaker 1: So that's where the works?
Speaker 14: Did you?
Speaker 1: Did you? Yeah? We want to look it up. What's the website? Where can we look this up?
Speaker 10: Where I go to log into the work account is Global dot north Gate promo dot com slash log in. Oh, so repeating that Global dot dorgate promo dot como.
Speaker 1: Log in, you log in?
Speaker 11: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, I see it? So here here's obviously this falls into the category of one of the big scams, and that is they have you invest in your job and supposedly is to make money, obviously, and then they just absorbed. They take the money. And what's worse is they have your log in on the other accounts, which you're going to have to change immediately. But right now though, so say they said you needed to deposit money, and then did you do it?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 10: I don't have any more money it.
Speaker 1: No, no, But I mean in the beginning you did transfer money when they asked.
Speaker 10: Yes, I did. On day two I did?
Speaker 1: And then on day two how much did you? How much did you put in on.
Speaker 10: Day two, Tom, I'd have to look that up. I'm scared to sign back into these count again. I don't know, but I know in total it was around fifty six hundred between day two and day three.
Speaker 14: I mean I went and so everything I had.
Speaker 1: What now this money was supposed to be used to buy products? And then would you return the Now did you actually buy products? I mean you literally went on Amazon and bought them.
Speaker 10: No, it's all through that work site that I gave you, the Global north Gate promo. It's all through there. Nothing ever physically came to me. It was all digital.
Speaker 1: Well, then, for example, how could you rate a Gucci person? You look at it.
Speaker 5: It's all phony, blooney, Tom, It's to get reviews up for whatever products. I mean, it's total phony, blooney.
Speaker 1: But do you think Mark it's phony? Yes, a scam to get ratings and all that. But is it a scam on the people who participate?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I know it's what other explanation is there for them? Withdrawing well having her deposit fifty six.
Speaker 1: Dollars no, no, I get it. Here's what I'm saying. Yeah, if the products never came to her, I don't know what the money was for. It makes no sense just to steal it.
Speaker 3: There's no logical explanation of.
Speaker 1: Now can you log on? If you go log on right now, what does your account show?
Speaker 10: Okay, let me log in right now.
Speaker 5: Hey, Dimitri, set up an account, put five thousand in there, and let us know what happens now, NISSI, hold on, We're going to take a break hold on.
Speaker 1: This is very interesting and I really, I really like to explore the different ways people are scammed because there are so many. Okay, the problem is there are so many that it's like when you hear a new approach, you think, well, this might be legit. So that's why I want to go over it. Hang in there. But basically, here's what's happening. Somebody said to her, excuse me, A text came said, we've got to job for you reviewing products. You have to open a digital wallet to buy the products and then you get paid. Okay, that's it. So far, so many red flags. But we're not gonna go over that and banger over the head with that We're just gonna see what where it goes from here. I'm Tom Martine three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five waterpros dot net. Let me just tell you this, Just remember that name. If you need a water system, and everyone does, in my opinion, you'll get the best at the lowest prices ever. There's just no doubt in my mind. You don't even have to shop. And I'm dead serious. Okay, all house, whole house under four grand for everything you'll need, or twelve hundred for reverse osmosis drinking water. You will love this company. Waterpros dot net three oh three eight six two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you are troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three TK seven one three eight two five A Russ? What is your Let me let me go to you Rush. You've been listening to this website. So what you have a comment on scam websites?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yes? I can, sir.
Speaker 17: Okay, So I've heard this a couple of times where people end up on a on a bogus website. There's one way that you can use to tell if a website is legit or not, and it's called who Is. Are you guys familiar with who is? A website called yes?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 17: So if you run before you click on any website, if you bull up, just do a Google search for who is, bring up to who is website. You can punch in the either the name or the address, and it'll give you who owns the website. If it's if you talking to Amazon, or you think you're talking to somebody else, you go into who is and it's not that, then that's that's like a giant red flag before you click on anything. The other thing that's cool about who is, it'll tell you who hosts the website, so if you think it's a bogus website, you can report it to the hosting company like go Daddy or whoever's hosting it and say, hey, I think you're hosting a bogus website. I had a website taken down in twenty four hours that was masquerading as a motorcycle shop that I do business with. This guy had stolen pictures off of their website, created his own website and had it hosted, but it was a slight variation of the name. So when I talked to GoDaddy, I said, hey, you as you're hosting a bogus website. They had it down in twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: So I went to I just went to who is. I just went to who is dot com and I put in the Northgate promo address and it says it was registered on listen to this registered on April twenty sixth, twenty twenty five, like last month.
Speaker 17: They yeah, how do they get built an asset in a month?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? And it says you know, then it says the registrar is Aceville PTE Ltd, which is for limited. I don't know what PTE is, and I don't know what an iana idea is. I guess that's an international registration of some kind. And then it has an email address and it has a phone number, so well, you know this is a.
Speaker 17: Nut your investigation that way. Clearly this one is is a bogus website.
Speaker 15: So does it say who the hosting?
Speaker 14: Who's hosting the website?
Speaker 1: Uh, let's see, it says I'm trying. Well, I didn't go deeper. It doesn't on this on the intro page, the summary page, it has name servers, but those are just r ls. Uh so I don't see. No, I don't see who's serving it. But I guess if I you know, I'm live on the radio, I guess if I go deeper, this is a really good site. You're absolutely right. And I went right to who is dot com and I've used them a lot. I appreciate you bringing that up. That you know, and you could teach people how to read root U, r ls and stuff, but it's very difficult, man. Some of them are so good at it. They sound and look so official. Thank you, Russ. Now back to NISI. I want to I want to pick up NISI. When did you feel like something was up or something was wrong.
Speaker 10: J three and thank you Russ for the who is. But day three my gut started going, why do I need to deposit this? And I just want my money back. So no, Day one and day two seemed all right because I was getting paid. I was getting paid my commission.
Speaker 15: I was getting paid.
Speaker 1: When you say you were getting paid, payment was showing up. You never actually got the money, but it was showing up in your digital wallet with them.
Speaker 10: Yes, and then I would withdraw it that night and so I could get it back into my cash aff account. So it was happening.
Speaker 1: Oh so I think that was the little okay, I see, so you actually had some payments coming to you for these little tasks. Give me an example in day one and two what you did for as far as the job goes.
Speaker 10: Day one, it was just a sign on bonus of the hundred bucks. I went through the training. It was all through that platform. And then on the side, I was talking with my coach through WhatsApp and she's instructing me, and she's saying, do you see this, are you confused about that?
Speaker 14: Et cetera.
Speaker 10: So that's what I did.
Speaker 1: Day one.
Speaker 10: I went through were you talking?
Speaker 1: Were you actually literally ever talking to anyone negative.
Speaker 10: The only person that I spoke to her name Jenny Smith. When I reached out to customer service.
Speaker 1: That's a name, that's a real name name, Jenny Smith.
Speaker 10: Jenny Smith. When I reached out through customer service through the north Gate button there and maybe Dimitrichiza already and requested an appointment, sent an email and then she called me and again it was when I tried calling that phone number, it's just generic. You've reached such and such. It's an automated you've reached one, three four.
Speaker 1: So now that's the money was taken out of the money was taken out of your various accounts and supposedly transferred. So if you go online, does it show your fifty eight hundred dollars with them?
Speaker 10: So what it shows now it says wallet balanced negative fifty six hundred frozen balance thirteen thousand, nine h six point four zero. That's supposed to be mission.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, I know where this is going.
Speaker 1: Where is it going?
Speaker 3: So it's so clear to see where this is going.
Speaker 13: Tell me, what do you think he wants to cash out that thirteen thousand dollars in commissions that they owe her? She needs to make another payment to them for either a processing fee or to prove that she has a regular bank account or something like that.
Speaker 3: So that thirteen thousand is a care that if Nisson so.
Speaker 1: Views, how much did you get two total?
Speaker 10: How much did I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: What how much did they pay you day one and day two?
Speaker 10: Day one was one hundred bucks? Let me go to the records.
Speaker 1: How many reviews did you do? Just it's real, it's not that important. How many reviews did you do?
Speaker 10: Day one I did three times forty five, Day two I did three times forty five, and day three three times forty five.
Speaker 1: So basically you know you're you're looking at four fifty or five hundred bucks or something here. So they okay, So in the first three days it looked like it was legit.
Speaker 10: Yes, Day three is when I started my spikes and started to go.
Speaker 18: Off a bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, and what's asking for my money back? Last thing you heard? What's the last thing you heard from them? Right now? What is the very last thing you heard?
Speaker 10: The last thing I heard from Coach Amy is scrolling down on my web app. Bear with me. Since you cannot respond to me with any information, the platform will close your account within twenty four hours. Is there are limited positions available, they may assign this job to someone else to complete. That's what I designed to keep her on the hook about twenty seven.
Speaker 13: Got it, Hey, tom NISI said something at the beginning of the call.
Speaker 3: That's a critically important NISSI.
Speaker 13: You said that during this process of you transferring your money into various locations that they wanted you to transfer it to, you were sending screen shots. Oh man, so is that? Did I hear that correctly? You were sending various screenshots to the cameras.
Speaker 10: You heard that correctly, because she would say, go to this page, send me a screen shot, go to this page, se me screencase my cash in my coinbase.
Speaker 1: So look, listen.
Speaker 13: The reason that they were doing that is to get your legitimate banking information.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You're obviously not going to do business with them anymore.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they they have your banking information, they have screenshots, they have account numbers, they might have the good need to change all.
Speaker 1: If you have an account number and an eight uh and a routing number, they're gonna they're gonna take your money. You got to close that account. I accounts, but go ahead.
Speaker 10: No, I was going to say, fortunately, there's nothing left in my cash app or my coin base, so good luck speaking more because it's all gone.
Speaker 1: I know. But if there's ever anything in the future, you're gonna lose it. Yes, I feel bad, NISSI. This might be this might be a fifty eight hundred dollars college tuition to the school of ripoffs and how to avoid them. I don't think unless if you cried fraud to your people, your coin based and all that, would they do they have any kind of fraud protection.
Speaker 10: I mean, my I doubt it because here's the thing is, I I made those transactions, so this is on me. It's not like someone came into my withdraw it they said.
Speaker 3: You've got okay, I authorized every single transaction.
Speaker 10: Yep, exactly. So I've got to just say, you know, I want this, Yeah, the house one and I lost. I want to.
Speaker 1: Get you're you're probably not going to get any money. No, let's try to get any kind of a number we can. I want to call these things. I want to call it.
Speaker 18: I've got phone numbers.
Speaker 10: You know, there's also and will they answer no, of course not, but I've got that sign me up.
Speaker 14: Nope.
Speaker 10: And then I've got twenty something other people who are part of the what that group, that's this north Gate Growth and Exchange Team seven. So they all have phone numbers there. I don't know if they're legit or not, but I'm having this account get them to you all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this account that north Gate promo has for you showing money? Did you establish that account or did.
Speaker 14: They they did?
Speaker 10: It's the skate and I had to sign up using Amy's promo code that she gave me to open the rightcount on the north Gate promo.
Speaker 3: It's an eternal account.
Speaker 1: So after the first and again this is really important. So so after you, uh, you did this and now you're on day three, what was the reason they gave you for having to deposit more money? If you were making money, you had about four hundred and fifty dollars to the good, what was the reason they gave you that you had to deposit more money.
Speaker 10: The reason they gave me to deposit more money was because in my virtual shopping cart, you know, I had let's say ten dollars. I'm just throwing out a number. The item that randomly the computer supposedly assigned to me was five hundred dollars. Well, I only have ten dollars, so I need four hundred and ninety more dollars to buy that product. Virtually, write the review, submit it, get my four hundred ninety dollars back, plus any commissions associated with writing and review of that product.
Speaker 1: So they said you had to deposit more money to keep it going, right, Okay? And what when you bought these products virtually? Did you actually go to the website a real website where like these purses are being sold, or did you buy something from Amazon or real legit stores? Did you actually go and buy these things?
Speaker 14: Negative?
Speaker 10: It was all done on that global dot northgatepromo dot com website, all.
Speaker 14: Through my account.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's all it's all a big scam. My god. What we can do is war on others. But holy crap, this this.
Speaker 14: Very well.
Speaker 1: We sure will and it's and it's not just this one. It's not just Northgate Promo, my god. I mean it's it's uh, basically any name they could have. I mean, they're probably not gonna did you see I don't know if you were on the line when I went to the who is they just established this UURL last year, no, last month, last month. I'm sorry, you're right last month.
Speaker 10: Yep, I heard you.
Speaker 1: Yep. Oh my god. All right, Uh, there's not not much. Look, we leave your information right and then we're gonna try to get through to some of these people. Maybe we'll have Dmitri try or somebody just tried Abob Mardam. Maybe with Mark's phone, Yeah, with Marx phone. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. This is truly heartbreaking, no fooling, by the way. Renew Home Innovations, we'll do the most beautiful porcelain sheeted showers, porcelain. It looks like solid. It is solid Porson, but it's a Veneer and it's so beautiful. No maintenance whatsoever. A lifetime of beauty. Renew Home Innovations dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, here go to Compass Insurance Group for a free insurance checkup. Make sure you're not paying too much. Make sure you're not under insured or possibly over insured. Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. It's true, unbiased information. It really is. Three h three nine nine six nine thousand. All right, So, Nick Gravina, I have a question, and I've always had this question. Windows. If we've broken broken into parts, we have the frame of the window itself, and then we have well, we have the insulated glass unit, which is the glass the sandwich. Let's say, you know, it used to be we just had one pane of glass and that was it. Now we have all kinds of sandwiches with gas, We have sandwiches with films, we have sandwiches with what else who knows. But they're called ig us.
Speaker 9: Is that correct? Correct? Insulated glass units?
Speaker 1: Right now? My question is, when you have windows going bad, is it cheaper to do the ig use? Because really, the frames themselves, unless they warp, wouldn't it be wise or is that more of a job than it sounds like.
Speaker 8: You know, I mean the theory is, yes, you're only replacing part of it. But what we've ran into and why we don't do it anymore is sometimes if it's an old vinyl window, it can be brittle. You kind of start dismantling the window and you start breaking the glazing beads and then you can't find a new one to go in there, and then it's not holding in. You know, there are ones that are you know, beyond warped that you know, put a new unit in there, it doesn't really do much. So, yes, it can be done, and yes it can be cheaper, but sometimes it's not always the best way. And there's multiple anudes for that.
Speaker 1: When you have windows that get milky on the inside, it almost looks like like hardness or something that evaporated.
Speaker 9: Hard water stadia calcium.
Speaker 1: But it's on the it's in the middle of the panes. How did that happen?
Speaker 8: Because the seal failed between the two glass units, so the space that they put between the two glasses fails. Then you get you know, moisture which has hard you know, can have minerals in it, and then that drives on the inside and then you see that mineral deposit.
Speaker 1: But they can't be repaired those. I mean, it's such a shame to see windows. I saw one home one time. The windows were perfect, you know, the hardware, everything, the fit, the finish. It's just that stupid seal. So would that be a case of maybe just doing the glass unit? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Again, I mean if the frame itself is in good condition, it's definitely a viable solution.
Speaker 1: Now when it comes to frames, I want to say something because I've heard controversies, like all day long. When I first started advertising windows, and you guys were one of the first vinyl was everything extruded vinyl and then people got At first they were pretty bad. Then they got better and better and better. They started adding air spaces and ridges and internal meat beams or whatever to make them strong longer. Is vinyl a good I mean, I mean I'm talking raw material now. Is are there straight vinyl windows still? And are they? Are they the best? Are they good? What do you think about vinyl?
Speaker 8: There's all sorts of grades of vinyl, and yes there's very cheap new construction vinyl. Can it help you out for ten years? Because it's a fix and flip or rental, sure, you know. But there's also premium vinyl, which you know can last very long.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 8: It's about how thick it is, what kind of you know, recipe they have in the vinyl.
Speaker 1: But is it is it a lifetime window?
Speaker 8: Truthfully, I don't think anything is lifetime, you know, I think everything is realistlie probably about thirty years, you know, I mean, I think lifetime is a bad choice in vernal.
Speaker 1: But thirty years it would be lifetime for most people as far as the home that they're in. But okay, so vinyl. What is better than vinyl is fiberglass literally what we think of as fiberglass. What do they what do they make the fiberglass? What do they wrap fiberglass with? Do they have molds? How are fiberglass windows made?
Speaker 8: Most of them are poltruded instead of extruded, So what does that mean? So extruded is pushing it through, where pule truted is pulling it through.
Speaker 1: And then most of the they actually get a slurry of they actually get a slurry of fiberglass and pull it through some kind of a form yep.
Speaker 8: And then so the resins and then the fiberglass mesh yep, and then most of them.
Speaker 1: Were Once it's formed and dried, it needs finish work, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, most of them.
Speaker 8: You know, the raw fiberglass color is kind of like a milky yellow, you know, so, but most of them are coated with like an acrylic, you know, paint coating to give it whatever color it's going to be, and to not have the raw fiberglass material itself, you know.
Speaker 1: Right, Obviously we want them pretty. So if we look at fiberglass next to vinyl when they're all when they're you know, you know, after they've been extruded, or however you say it, once they're formed, which one is stronger?
Speaker 8: I think both of them can be strong. They say fiberglass is stronger by nature, which it is. But I can build some vinyl windows bigger than I can build fiberglass windows, and I've never been able to get to the bottom of that with any of the manufacturers. What is less prone to warping probably fiberglass as far as warping. Vinyl will probably warp faster, okay, but fiberglass have also seen the colors, the dark colors fast break.
Speaker 1: Shannon is yelling at me. Shan is yelling in my hair. Let me we'll come back and talk about this right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three O three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So we were talking about the different materials for windows. People ask me this all the time. Now I don't have a specific text in front of me, but I've made notes over the years of what they ask about and they want. Because people make fiberglass windows throw stones at vinyl people make vinyls, say you don't need fiberglass. I have a silly question. Composite windows with a little bit of what's that material? They use kevlar and stuff. You know, those those kinds of materials that they make airplanes with. Do they use any of those for windows?
Speaker 9: I don't know of anything with kevlar in it.
Speaker 1: Carbon How about carbon fiber in general.
Speaker 9: Not that I'm aware of.
Speaker 8: Maybe as far as like an internal reinforcement, but not that I've heard of.
Speaker 1: It might be it might be totally overkilled for a domestic window, right, I mean carbon fiber. But but here's the deal. You got fiberglass, and you have vinyl, and then we get to wood, which I want to go over. Okay, I think wood is often overlooked because they think there's a lot of maintenance. But there are ways to get wood without the maintenance. We'll talk about that and more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ripped of news? Need advice? Who you don't have?
Speaker 1: Come?
Speaker 2: Run anxious as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming man, this is.
Speaker 1: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino. Here, let's solve your problems. We've been talking about a number of different things today, partly scams on the internet for jobs. Listen, there's no easy way to put this, but I'm going to give you the I really am going to give you the signs of a scam that you would think you would know, but a lot of people don't know it. And employment is one of the biggest areas of ripoffs. They say you're going to get a job, and really what they do is they rob you. So let's give some general all of us. Let's let's give it some general two or three points. I'm gonna give mine first and foremost. They want money for something money, okay, either for an account an application fee. They want money for something for something to check out there to make sure your bank account is compatible. I don't know whatever it is. They want money. I always say this make an invisible curtain between you and the place that is supposedly looking for employees. And then what you do is you can take anything coming from the other side of the curtain to you. But when they ask for anything, whether it be information, money, whatever, anything that they want you to pass through the curtain to them. No, that's where the scam begins. So they want money. That's my number one thing. Payment. They want to get money or information that equals money. I would say. The second thing is they're sketchy as far as communication. There's no clear communication and you have this pit in your stomach that you're not getting all your answers, but you want to trust it because it looks good or they it's promising. So money and a lack of communication, and I don't think I have to go any further. Let's let's let market chime in and Deputy Doc who takes a lot of calls over it.
Speaker 12: I'll tell you the biggest, the biggest red flag tark.
Speaker 1: First of all, Doc Doc, tell him where you take calls when you're not with us.
Speaker 12: Oh, it's the aa ARP fraud Helpline, which is very similar to the show. People call in from all over the country, with the same kind of issues that we deal with here.
Speaker 1: In the studio. What are some of the things you say would you would put on your list?
Speaker 12: Number one biggest red flag. If somebody contacts you out of the blue, it's a scam. I mean, you're right, even before you get into anything else. Like this woman who called up Why in God's name would somebody call her out of the blue and say we have a job for you when she didn't even go on a job site.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll tell you what happened. She did some searching or something that told the browser or told people. You know, people buy lists, and they probably said, I want to buy somewhere you can buy a list of people looking for work. I'll guarantee it. I mean, the Internet spies on us all the time, so that's you're right. So that's called initial contact. I've said this before. If you take a bunch of people, a universe of people that were ripped off, most of them were ripped off as a result of someone contacting them, not them contacting someone. Now, I'm not saying that you're going to guarantee get ripped off if they contact you, or you're not going to get ripped off if you contact them. What I'm saying is as a percentage goes. Most of the time, the scams come from when the vendor or perpetrator contacts you and they they initiate the interaction. That that is a big red flag to begin with. Okay, doc, so you gave us two good ones, Mark, what would you say, lights your lights your fire?
Speaker 5: When it comes to scams, I guess the one. I think when someone lets their password go and someone somehow gets, for example, their Gmail password, then they get into their account, and then they send all their friends direct emails from that account, so you literally think you are getting it from Tom Martino or Mark Major or Suzanne because it truly is from that email. And then they talk you into something like, hey, we've got this thing coming up on Friday, you know, can you guys help me out and go on to Amazon and order these for all of our folks something along those ties.
Speaker 1: How did they get you? How do they get your password? That's what I want to know generally, people. How do they do it? People are just morons. They don't change their.
Speaker 5: Password, or they get a hold of their phone and reset it. I mean, there's numerous ways they can get a hold of a password.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're almost dead when that happens, especially people use the same password for everything. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, we've had a lot of those over the years, and they seem to be the most effective because it's literally think of AI. Now I can take your voice and not only have your voice, but your your actual reflection or what's the word for that, your your diction. I can literally not only sound like you, but I can talk like you, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. And I could be like, hey, they make your voice.
Speaker 5: Hey, Mark, listen, man, we've got to handle this real quick. We've got one of our advertisers upset. I'd like to give them a gift card. Can you do me a solid? And blah blah blah. And you wouldn't even think twice. The only time I would think twice as soon as I hear a gift guard.
Speaker 1: Another thing?
Speaker 12: Go ahead, Doc, Yeah, I just lost my train of thought.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's right, Nick? What what how about you? Nick?
Speaker 5: Have you been scammed by anything? And I don't mean like a bad employee I had. I had a bad employee take me for a quarter million dollars, But I mean like a scam, like what we're talking about.
Speaker 12: Let me just finish something to say, anytime somebody wants you to give any desk or give control of your computer to somebody on the other side to scam, yeah, unless if you call that, I, well, let somebody into your computer.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I've never been scammed. I've been I've been attempted to be scammed. One of my favorite stories, probably about ten years ago. I get one of the calls like Doc's talking about and hey, your computer is about ready to have a massive virus or whatever when you get on there right away and all this stuff. And I instantly knew, but I played along with it, and the guy I was like, really, we kept going and he's like log in, I log in. He's like go here, go here, And I'm like, okay, well where do I do that on my Macintosh? Because he said PC And right then he knew because I was kind of feeding him. But I hear that stuff all the time. You know, my dad calls me sometimes now he's like, hey, I got a call from this guy. I's like, don't oh, don't return it.
Speaker 5: You know, my dad probably monthly. But the good news is they're asking.
Speaker 8: Us, right, yeah, And that's what I told him, him and his wife. You know, I was like, call me if you guys have anything weird. She had an Amazon one that seemed legitimate. I was like, just don't do it.
Speaker 5: No, No, he had one not even three days ago, tom My dad, or two days ago, he had one pop up on his computer going you have a virus. You need to call this number right now. And he called me and I basically just had Mikey call him real quick, and Mikey took care of the total scam.
Speaker 8: Well, that McAfee right now is pretty bad at that right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in fact, I don't even know if I call that a scam, but to me, it's a scam. Even if it's legit. To put McAfee on a new Windows system is just dumb. There's no purpose of doing.
Speaker 1: Why what what?
Speaker 5: Well explain because Window McAfee is because Windows Defender up to date is way better than anything else for Windows. It's made by Windows and it's updated on the fly. If the computers on uh, the Internet, I mean, it's just the best thing you can possibly get.
Speaker 1: And it's for have you heard heard speaking of the internet? Li Fi LiFi working on Li Fi light transmission, not fiber optic. It's literally, if you get the light, you you get the Internet. They're working on led uh L ed Wi Fi. So it's basically working off of light instead of electromagnetic energy. I guess light is electromagnetic in a way, but it's a it's a way to transmit. It's fiber optics light. It's the fiber optics over the air. Yeah, that's exactly that's exactly right. That's a great that's a great way of putting it. They they somehow, I don't know how, but they somehow attach information to the to the light and so so one bulb and when that bulb is shining, if you're in the presence of that light, it will give you that signal. And they even can leap frog it so you can have your house equipped with bulbs basically. I mean it's pretty incredible. I mean, you know, look at we're not going to recognize technology. One thing that scares me a little is, uh, well, you know ai, I mean, you don't know what you're getting. So many jobs, they say are going to be eliminated, but a lot of jobs are going to be enhanced. People are going to depend on it to write their letters and to even do their compare, oh and to do research.
Speaker 5: The shift to trade schools right now is unbelievable. We're talking like forty percent.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 5: I literally, I legitimately think I heard forty percent the other day in the swing, meaning more people are going to trade schools pretty much than college.
Speaker 1: Are getting very close to that and AI run those is yeah, it is more and more people are avoiding college.
Speaker 5: Now, well, you don't have we have the ball follow up here, Well, hold on, first of all, you don't have the debt, and second of all, the money in some of these we know HVAC companies, fix it, plumb line all these guys. Man, if you've got the right tech that also knows how to sell, they can make They can make a couple hundred thousand a year without blanket man.
Speaker 1: I mean it's funny.
Speaker 5: We know people Susanna and I know kids that grew up with us or grew up with our kids that have been out in the workforce with master's degree now that have one hundred and fifty thousand in debt and make seventy five thousand a year. Do the math on that. And they're in their thirties. It's crazy. They owe more than they make per year. Hey, Tom, they're going to oh for many, many years, for many many many mirries. Unless you're going to be a doctor like Addie. Look, I'm kind of dog in college here. But in order to be a doctor or an attorney, you really have no other choice. But in order to be an accountant in a few years, I'll be honest with you, why AI isn't going to be the best account you ever had. I have no idea. You might have to have someone way stamp it. Let me explain this what I did the other day. I swear to God, this is a true story.
Speaker 1: I am doing those Vestero turnkey investments, you know, through my investment company. So we were doing one. And make a long story short, you get the closing document, and to keep quick books, you have to enter a general journal entry and you have to put in all the numbers from the closing statement. Well, that could be a daunting task. So here's what I did. I uploaded, literally uploaded the settlement sheet, and I said to AI, help me fill out the general journal line by line, and I swear to God it said, Okay, tell me when you're ready. And I said I'm ready, and it says, go here and do this, now, do this, now, create an account for this. It was as if I had a personal accountant with his hand on my shoulder telling me what to do and when to do it and where to do it. I swear to you it was like having Suzanne there and I instead of calling and bugging her, I pulled up the AI and it walked me through. I mean, it walked me through it like an instructor. And it's real. I mean it's real. It's amazing.
Speaker 5: Think of drafting emotion paralegals people, not the attorneys themselves, but think of anybody that's an assistant.
Speaker 1: John Fuller's paralegal.
Speaker 5: And I don't mean to pick on her, but eventually John's just gonna say, hey, draft emotion for case number blah blah blah for Douglas County for this, and then boom, the motion's drafted. He eyeballs it and uploads it to Colorado Courts.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like it.
Speaker 5: It literally is taking away a lot of those jobs.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: The Tesla robot. I always got to bring Tesla into it, because they're unbelievable. Think about this Tesla robot coming out, Tom, I mean the first generation next year for like thirty grand or forty grand. You know, it can do a lot of stuff. You know how you train it? Do you know how you train the Tesla robot?
Speaker 1: No? You show it videos.
Speaker 5: You show a video of me mowing the lawn, and literally show it, and it watches it numerous times, and it goes out and knows how to mow the lawn. You cook breakfast, you watch it. It watches you actually cook breakfast and then recycles it in its brain until it understands and now it knows to make scrambled eggs.
Speaker 1: It's unfreaking believable. Yeah, I mean imagine this. Someday we will have robot assistance. There's no doubt in my mind. I mean, uncle Kevin Overt shared an autotech He'll have a robot working on cars.
Speaker 5: We sat here, We sat here before COVID I'm going to say twenty seventeen and eighteen, and we discussed when vehicles were going to be fully autonomous, and I'll be damned if it's not this year.
Speaker 1: Think about that.
Speaker 5: We were thinking, well, will it be in twenty twenty twenty twenty five or twenty forty, when will a car literally drive you wherever you want to go without having to touch anything? And it's right now, it's crazy.
Speaker 12: Hey, you know, there was a great sorry that I think Ray Bradbury wrote about the future when there's when robots have taken over everything, Tom and you were mandated to consume a certain amount of goods because the production rate was so high that people are putting that people are getting fine to put into jail for not consuming enough because there was such a surplus of goods produced by these automatons.
Speaker 1: You know that gonna be almost any science fiction, Almost any science fiction that you heard of is coming true, except for one thing which I don't think will ever come true in our life, and that's time travel. I just don't see how that's never going to happen. Hey, we have it. We got a bike. Okay, we got to take this break. Art will come back to you in your watch. Talk about that coming up. Listen. Three oh three, Martino is good, twenty four to seven, you call it. Leave a message we'll get back to You'll always be first priority on the show. You don't have to wait three oh three, six two seven, eight four sixty six. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Art has a follow up question. I believe or wants to follow up? Now, Mark, you took this call about an heirloom watch. What kind of watch was it? Art? I forget what it's called.
Speaker 14: What is art Autum mart Auto.
Speaker 1: Mark Caerri. It's it's interesting.
Speaker 5: They can be anywhere from like you know, fifty thousand to a million dollars.
Speaker 1: It's see through like a like a jellyfish watch.
Speaker 14: Not all of the mark, but and that's unusual. But they specialized in what they call skeleton watches made in gold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't Mark reach out? Didn't you?
Speaker 5: We had Mark on and you were going to send him pictures of it or go visit.
Speaker 1: Him or something along those lines.
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, I did, and his response would be embarrassing to you. So I wanted to speak first to you off air.
Speaker 5: Trust me, you're not gonna There's nothing you're going to say that's gonna okay. I don't know why it would be embarrassing to.
Speaker 14: Me because Bottom an international option in the house. When it came time to send it to them, they didn't want to send me truth of insurance. They just said they'd send a double box.
Speaker 5: And I know that that Art, that's why you called in. I said, you're crazy if you would ever do that.
Speaker 1: So you're the person Wait a minute, Art, you're looking to sell this watch, right? What is your watch worth? Your actual watch?
Speaker 14: It's unknown. However, Bottoms the International Auction House set the reserve. I hate to say this on air, but at forty thousand dollars or auction.
Speaker 11: Still with me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, so that's what. So how much are you trying to get?
Speaker 14: Well, it's been in my family for fifty years. Before I could tell time, My Dad would wear it, and he knew if I tugged on his arm at when he was at lunch in a business meeting, he just lowered. I mean I would look at the watch before I could even tell time.
Speaker 1: So when he died, I give me the name of the watch again. Give me the name of it again.
Speaker 14: And I'm founcing it like they do with you Cross Switzerland autumar au d E m A RF And today is T I g U E T.
Speaker 11: The T is silent wo oh.
Speaker 1: My god.
Speaker 14: And they make glopy watches, but mine is not in the blue sky pricing you mentioned. But the international auction Ausponums did set it for forty thousand dollars as a reserve and they wanted to watch it.
Speaker 1: Did you like that?
Speaker 14: Oh? Certainly, because when I got it it didn't have that kind of value. It had some value, but I had one jeweler vocally who just wanted to melt it down for the gold.
Speaker 11: What.
Speaker 14: But that's that's not why I'm calling. But everything can be crazy if you're not careful.
Speaker 1: It doesn't okay, So why are you.
Speaker 14: I want to sell the watch? So the person Mark referred me to. What his response was, Mark.
Speaker 1: What did you refer to, I refer to him over to Mark Machawski.
Speaker 14: That's why I get it.
Speaker 1: This is way out of his this is way out of his wheelhouse.
Speaker 5: I mean, well, the reason the reason I refer to is Mark sends coins to all these places. And he said right on air that you would never none of these places wouldever just send you a box and say, don't worry about ensuring it, and send it to us to whatever address is on there.
Speaker 1: That's why Mark was involved in it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's a double, which is why I'm mixed up. He wanted me to give him the watch. He immediately found three people that he wanted to show it to. He then caught up with a fourth one. He wanted me to give him the watch. And normally to ensure something, the insurance companies have the phrase it has to be under my care, custody and control. Well for sending none of that, so many specific What specific mind model do you have?
Speaker 1: What specific model do you have?
Speaker 14: I never heard a name, but it was built in we believe the nineteen fifties, and it's called a rectangular movement skeleton watch.
Speaker 1: And that's why you said.
Speaker 14: It wasn't pardon hey, Tom that it wasn't you deal in that? No, we're getting off truck.
Speaker 1: These are very you know what the kind of shops that deal in these watches. They it's routine for them to sell a three hundred thousand dollars watch.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry, but we're getting away off track, which.
Speaker 1: Is can bring us? Bring us back around? Go ahead, here's the person. Well, hold hold on, let me make a comment about track. Okay, you're right. You may not have called about what we're asking and and but there are many many listeners who listen to all and they and they.
Speaker 16: And I.
Speaker 14: That's we're talking about it. I don't so what do you.
Speaker 1: Want from us? What can we do to help you?
Speaker 14: His offer was that I had to pay him three hundred dollars cash up front, give him the watch to show to people. I could not go with him. We couldn't need it. A jewelry store with a uniform policeman. It was absurd. So I just said it was about it. But I couldn't believe the response, because the whole reason I called him was to do this in a conventional, secure environment.
Speaker 5: Right, I don't even know who you're talking about? Called who?
Speaker 1: Who are we? Who?
Speaker 5: Wanted three hundred thousand dollars from you.
Speaker 14: No, no, you wanted three hundred dollars. It's the person you referred me to.
Speaker 5: So Mark mcchowski wanted what That's what I'm trying to understand.
Speaker 14: He wanted me to give him a watch to show to three other people. He said he had lined up okay, in a day, and then he called back and he found a fourth person and he said, this one's really good. I need you to give me three hundred dollars chest in advance.
Speaker 1: Mark mccowsky said this, get Mark on. Let's take a breaker.
Speaker 5: Just get Mark mccowsky on, because honestly, I don't know if you have two marks confused or three marks confused.
Speaker 14: Well that's why, I mean why we want you to speak to him. All fair, But that's okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So no, it's all right. I want to listen, right. Want you want to know? You want to know where can you legitimately get this sold? I personally don't think this isn't Mark mcchowski's wheelhouse. I just don't think so. I think because of his connections. I think, because of his connections, he can probably find you someone. But but you want someone who this universe is not strange. But who's this universe is like, oh yeah, you know so and so by it?
Speaker 7: What about David Ellis tom.
Speaker 1: Oh Si that could be you know what we owt to get David onto. That is a very good possibility because David has been around for years now. He doesn't deal in these high end watches either, but I but he might be able to point us in the right direction. Great idea. Let's get him on and talk about that, and then Mark wants to look into this this other thing. By the way, fix it twenty four to seven for your your some pump service forty nine bucks. It can save you from a flood. Most people don't even know where there's some pump is Get it service for forty nine bucks to avoid flooding. Fix myhome dot com book now go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 1: When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 5: Two A Hi, three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: I have a question, Doc, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Can we do something.
Speaker 12: About Nick Gravenus is becoming a pain in the glass?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 8: Boy, that's that's true. We got in trouble for that a long time ago. We used to put in the newspaper, let's tell your energy company to kiss, kiss my glass or kiss and they yeah.
Speaker 9: So Excel called us and said you can't do that until we changed.
Speaker 8: But then they ended up partnering with us for a while and we were like the people that they referred, which was hilarious.
Speaker 5: That's a dumb I can't believe that. All right, Mark, why wouldn't anybody like that?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Pull up Mark, Let's ask Mark? What's going on here? Hey? Mark?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 1: How are you man? We got some Tom How are you okay? Good? Good? Go ahead, Mark, take it away. So Art called back. He's the guy that had that fancy watch.
Speaker 5: Yes, and he said that you wanted three hundred bucks for someone to look at it? Can you just tell us what happened or who I'm just trying to figure out what he's talking about you.
Speaker 16: As you know, Mark, I deal in rare coins and currency, and I don't know how to value watches. But I know a couple of people, old timers that I've known for many, many years. They're also coin buyers for me too.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 16: And this gentleman lives way up and Boulder, and I sent him a picture of it and he wants to look at it before he gives me a good offer on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the three hundred bucks for.
Speaker 16: My time to go down there?
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what you're saying, to go get it.
Speaker 16: He was in Boulder. I live in Evergreen. Yes, it's a long it's a long day for me.
Speaker 5: I get you to bring it up to this guy to look at correct. Okay, Well, I don't know, man. I mean like, if you're not, I don't know what would you do with him?
Speaker 1: Mark? If it was yours, you'd bring it to this guy.
Speaker 16: If it was my watch, I would take it up to him and I would say how much this guy pays the most? Yeah, that's what I would do.
Speaker 1: Now, does he buy all kinds of watches or just.
Speaker 16: These that I'm not really sure of. I mean he buys high end watches, Rolexes, watches like that one fatigues, you know, real real high end stuff.
Speaker 5: Would you just give this guy his info so he can call him directly?
Speaker 1: No, okay, No.
Speaker 16: My customer is a private I don't give out any information of all.
Speaker 5: I seat. So he's is what you're saying.
Speaker 16: Oh, absolutely, all my customers are.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's for security.
Speaker 13: I think I think three hundred bucks is pretty cheap for the specialized service.
Speaker 5: No, I've got I don't have a problem with that. It are yeah, yeah.
Speaker 13: And I think Art's biggest problem with this process is going to be that he's very worried about insurance.
Speaker 1: Well so insurance, I.
Speaker 16: Told him, I said, Art, you know I've been here thirty six years. I have an impeccable reputation. I will give you an invoice and a receipt that the watch is in my possession, it will not leave my possession, and I will get you taken care of.
Speaker 5: Hey, Mark, do you have insurance for stuff like that? Let's say you do give him that receipt, and you know, God help you, you're in a fiery car accident in the watching met.
Speaker 16: My own pocket?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 16: And I will pay him out of my own pocket? Okay, I will pay him out of my own pocket, but that's not gonna happen anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I dig, I dig. Now let's see you know what I noticed? Yeah, go ahead, Tom, on.
Speaker 1: These websites, Mark when Chelse guys going to tell you, it seems like these what do you call them? Fine watches? Exotic? What do you call them? But anyway, it seems these watches are a whole different world. I mean, there are people paying two hundred and fifty thousand dollars for watches. Do they actually wear them? I mean? Or is it just a collection thing? What is it about Paddick, Philip and all the rest?
Speaker 16: Tom, I think it's a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine walking around with a quarter million dollars on my wrist. I'd be afraid someone cut my wrist off.
Speaker 16: Guys, you got to see this. This this guy in Boulder, he's got this machine that he has these watches in. Okay, he's probably go about twenty five thirty watches. And this scene rotates and it moves to keep the watches wound.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, just from the movement.
Speaker 16: Correct, because there's no batteries?
Speaker 5: Is this how if you had to guess, like how many hundreds of thousands of dollars and watches this guy.
Speaker 16: Has, it's probably got about two and a half million.
Speaker 5: See, that's why you don't. That's why he doesn't. You can't share that kind of inte. I totally understand that. Now, Yeah, yeah, Now I do hear me?
Speaker 1: So yeah, go ahead?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So Art, I'm telling you man, once again, Mark's a good guy. So I agree with everything he's saying.
Speaker 15: Mark.
Speaker 14: Could I the Mark for Tom Martina? Could I speak to you off air to qualify where I am with it?
Speaker 16: Mark?
Speaker 5: It does listen to it, Art, I don't mind that. But I'm telling you right now, I don't care if you use Mark or not. He knows someone that buys watches like this. If you don't trust him, don't want to use them, I mean, then don't use them.
Speaker 16: That's what I told him. But that's what I told Art.
Speaker 14: He gets his commission, his normal commission, but upfront, what do you.
Speaker 1: Mean is normal commission? Up front?
Speaker 20: I don't even know if he's confused about that three hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be Mark would go.
Speaker 5: Mark would bring it to him and then tell you how much he's willing to pay for it.
Speaker 11: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how it works ART with any.
Speaker 14: Of this stuff, and that's fine. But we keep and I told him that everything is fifteen percent. So I said, I need to pay you that three hundred dollars front. And I don't even know this person. Mark.
Speaker 16: Listen, take the watch up and I tell you what he's going to pay.
Speaker 14: Art.
Speaker 16: The next thing I'm going to do is call you. If you accept the offer, then I get paid, and then I pay you simple. If you don't accept the offer, then.
Speaker 1: I get to watch back.
Speaker 16: To you and I get three hundred dollars from my time up front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty straightforward. Art. You're not getting the commission up front.
Speaker 5: He's getting the three hundred because half his day is going to be dealing with this. But when he gets to the guy, let's say the guy says I'll give you one hundred thousand. I'm just throwing easy numbers out Art one hundred thousand.
Speaker 14: Your example. I don't know this person.
Speaker 5: It doesn't all I can tell you is I've known Mark for oh my god, fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Tom. How long have you known Mark A twenty five plu Yeah, twenty five thirty years Art.
Speaker 5: I mean if he's going to abscond with your watch or anybody else's, he would have done it twenty five years ago. Anyhow, we got to take a quick break. Everybody hold tight three zero three Martino, Florence has a question.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pass se until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Take an advantage of we want to hear from you, Florence. By the way, you're going to be right after the break one hundred percent. We can't wait to talk to you. Nick Gravina, you're a businessman. Would you think about that whole watch thing. Honest to god, what that whole call you said something over the break. I agree with you have to one hundred percent at some point trust somebody over anything.
Speaker 1: I mean, what else are you going to do?
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, three hundred bucks for somebody's time for a day to go personally pick up a watch and then deliver it to maybe a potential buyer and then bring it back to you, and then also, you know, delegate that deal for a day.
Speaker 9: I think that's a steal.
Speaker 1: It's dirt cheap. I wouldn't even come close to doing it for anything like that.
Speaker 8: Roy and the guy's gonna give him a receipt and everything else if he's an established business.
Speaker 1: I mean, girl, Mark's been doing it.
Speaker 5: Tom and I have known Matchowski for god, I had twenty fifteen to thirty years, depending on which one of us, and there's just never been an issue. He deals in coins and stuff. I don't know how else you would sell something like that. All right, three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five, get those calls in three zero three, Martino. We want to hear from you, bad contractor bad landlord, any issue you have.
Speaker 1: Right here on the Troubleshooter Network. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Please run time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped off Red News. Need advice so you don't have come running as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help come Max.
Speaker 1: Is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. What is on your mind? Well, I want to recap that previous caller, the guy here. Here's the bottom line, because we kind of left it hanging. He was calling about Mark Machowski, which is bye. By the way, Mark runs a budget a one transmission or all repair. And he also is a say the word. I don't know the words. Say the word mark, say the word.
Speaker 5: Doc Monusco Mattico, he's a nemsomatic new a New missmic Arise, Doc, Doc, what's a coin expert?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: I was checking something else.
Speaker 1: What was the question? What is a coin expert called.
Speaker 9: Anubismotist?
Speaker 1: There you go? I was close? Okay, good see Doc is such a good guy. Doc, by the way, got me hooked on wordle and now I damn it. I mean, okay, anyway, I just want to ask something about wordle real quick? Do you start with the first that your favorite word? Every time that has a good combination of letters? I do.
Speaker 20: Okay, it's a waste of a turn. You don't know that is a turn ken. That's my only beef with you when you say you got a word in three tries. You don't count your first try.
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, it's yes, it's two more tries.
Speaker 20: That's then I must have misunderstood you because you're like, oh, I got that in two tries, and it's like, oh, you've got four guesses there or three guesses.
Speaker 12: No, it's after it's two or three tries after I do, so you.
Speaker 7: Don't count I do as a as a try.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 7: See, that's that's my issue.
Speaker 1: No one does. No one does what no one does? Do you mean?
Speaker 20: And you make a first try, that's your first try. Ken uses the same word every first try, so he doesn't count that as a try.
Speaker 12: I've gotten on my first on my second try yesterday.
Speaker 5: But you consider that your first try. What you consider the second line your first try?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, that's wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess you can do it.
Speaker 1: I guess it is.
Speaker 19: That's just me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I guess you guys are correct. Well, all right, by the way, I digress there. So this guy calls and says, I have this expensive heirloom watch and I want to get it a praise or I want someone to buy it. And Mark, being a coin guy, we know that he has connections all over with investment metals and coins and other things. So Mark said he checked with his sources and he found a guy that he knows in Boulder, and he keeps the guy confidential because he has millions of dollars of watches. And Mark said, for three hundred bucks, he would take the watch and run it around and one of them would be this guy in Boulder, to see if the guy would give him a suitable offer. And this guy called us back and said, he wants three hundred dollars and he won't give me proof of insurance. So, and the reason he can't give you proof of insurance is because he's not a transport and he doesn't do this as a living. He's doing you a favor. He's saying, I'm going to take the watch. I'm going to give you a full receipt for the watch, time, date, watch everything. You're going to pay me three hundred bucks to shop it, and I'm going to shop it. And then Mark this guy kept saying, But even when I used to deliver sound equipment to bars around Denver, I would have to show insurance. So in a way, I know what the guy's talking about. If Mark was in the business of transporting expensive watches, you would expect to have him to have some kind of insurance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But he also said if something didn't He also said, if something did happen to the watch, he'd write him a freaking check for it.
Speaker 1: And we both know that wouldn't be any issue for Mark to do. That's right, and so you know it's if Mark lost it. But Mark said, I'm not going to lose it. I'm going to take it to be appraised, and the guy's going to make an offer. So that's it. So this guy just kept saying, I need proof of insurance. So here's what we said to the guy. If you don't feel comfortable handing the watch over to Mark with a receipt and with you know, his backing, if you need insurance, then don't do it. You might you know, there are bonded carriers you can get to do this. But the bonded carrier, well, all he's going to do is get it to Mark. Then Mark still has to get it to this guy. So I don't think we can accomplish what you want. Period. We I don't think we can do it now, Florence, your turn. You have a question about something called a senior card.
Speaker 14: Yes, I see.
Speaker 10: I see online and so forth.
Speaker 14: A beta, a healthcare spending card where it helps to buy grocery systems, yes, ma'am, beings that seenate online. I don't really trust everything I see there. Do you know of it? If it's legit?
Speaker 1: I know about this. If you want, go ahead, Tom, go ahead, Mark.
Speaker 5: Well, costally, some healthcare plans depending on your financial means, meaning not everybody would qualify for this, depending on your income with Social Security or whatever your income is. Some of the plans allow for say one hundred dollars a month where you can go to Walmart or a grocery store and actually buy food, and if you don't use it that month, it'll actually continue to grow on that debit card, so you can use it. But there's few plans that have it, but there definitely are some. But there is qualifications, and we do have an expert, John Senior could explain it better than me, but we've had that question on the air in the past, I don't know four or five months. And it is interesting because I see these TV commercials all the.
Speaker 1: Time now and what do they tout mark that.
Speaker 5: They tout basically, not only do you get the healthcare like a plan that covers you know, a Medicare plan like an advantage plan, but you have an advantage plan that, for example, not only gives you a gym membership like Silver Sneakers or whatever it is, but they also give you like one hundred dollars a month for food and groceries. I would like to get John on but I've got a question, Florence. I mean, with that is like that one hundred dollars a month, I mean, would that really help you out big time?
Speaker 14: Not that much.
Speaker 21: I've seen, you know, bigger numbers than that, And I just don't want to get mixed up in something.
Speaker 5: And let's get John on just to ask Tom. Let's get him on and then let me put her on hold. And then Ronda has got a question for a Gravina.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Ronda. Happening.
Speaker 21: My my dad has a home and my dad's eighty four, so he's getting up there. He has a home and he had some hail damage and then a woodpecker came pecking at his siding made quite a big hole. So he has been calling around to get quotes for siding, at least for that side of his house.
Speaker 14: He was visited.
Speaker 1: Yet what kind of siding.
Speaker 10: It's not metal, it's.
Speaker 21: The like press the board, the press forward kind of stuff.
Speaker 9: Probably all okay to night Stylia.
Speaker 21: Yeah, So I wanted I'm going to connect him with Gravinaz to come out there. But I wanted to alert you that he had a company called the Bella Yep that came out yesterday with a really hard self, spent three hours of my dad's time, almost wouldn't leave, kept saying, we don't take no for an answer. I mean, and they quoted him twenty eight thousand dollars just for one side of his house. Sounds right about seventy five thousand dollars to do the entire home. And it's not a big house. It's a you know, a three bedroom, actually a two bedroom, but a basement.
Speaker 1: Now, what's the name of this company, the Bella it sounds do they sell time shares on the weekend?
Speaker 5: I mean, not to leave and forget about the price. But that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Yeah they do ball.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a franchise.
Speaker 21: Oh, they kind of do it all.
Speaker 1: But hey, you know what she brings up. Have been up against them before? Nick? Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nick? Have you have you been up against them before? Are they expensive?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Again, you know, it's one of those franchise, high pressure places.
Speaker 9: You know, it's just.
Speaker 1: How do you guys do it? Nick?
Speaker 5: I'm very curious over that because it is kind of strange when anybody, it doesn't matter if it's a roofer or window or doors or any home service HVAC, they show up at your house. They're in your house. We know they're trained to sell. I mean, what what what do you guys do? Would you consider a soft sell, a medium sell or hard sell?
Speaker 8: I'm I mean, what's the gig? You know, we don't hard sell at all. I mean there's some soft there's some medium.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 8: Some of my guys like to just go talk with them, get some sizes, say hey, let me get back to you. Some of my guys like to sit there, try to go over it, price them right there, you know, but nothing's ever. You know, we don't like being in the house longer than an hour. Yeah okay, unless they have tons and tons of questions, right yeah, yeah yeah. I mean like my uncle in and out in twenty minutes usually just like hey, here's kind.
Speaker 9: Of what we can do for you, blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 13: You know, I like that.
Speaker 5: I'd like a good soft sell. Hard sales turned me off, HVAC. I've had people tried to hard sell me and I just literally do everything, but you know, pull a gun and get them out of my house.
Speaker 8: And we're more informative than we are trying to just put the hammer down. You know, we want people to to have education so they can pick the correct thing.
Speaker 5: And Ron to What you'll love is they've got so many different options. They you know, they don't have just one product they're pushing and Ron.
Speaker 9: To make sure you call the r VNA.
Speaker 1: I don't like the idea. I don't like what they said. We don't take no for an answer. So what does that exactly mean that they'll keep going down in price until you accept it? What did they do, Ronda?
Speaker 21: Yeah, they when they were quoting the one shy for twenty eight thousand, one of the I think it was a gentleman or female, and he got on the phone supposedly talked to his boss and then said, oh, we can drop it down to twenty three thousand.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the classic let me call my man, Oh my god, that's like hold on, let me go into the back room and ask the car manager if that deals okay exactly?
Speaker 21: And there's nobody in the backwork the salesperson.
Speaker 1: Do you know why the salesperson was there three hours?
Speaker 21: I think because they were trying to get you.
Speaker 1: Know, casing their joint and what they want here, here's what it's called. Now, what's that thing they're trying to build. They're trying to build equity. They're trying to build I don't mean equity in money, but equity in the time invested. Because what they want to do is give your father the impression, oh my god, I'm going to have to go through this a few times if I get comparisons. So they want to be the first one in. They want to exhaust the customer because they don't want the customer to look forward to another sales call. So they try to give the customer a reason to first end this hell that they're on.
Speaker 5: Right now, and then to discourage them.
Speaker 1: It's the what it's Stockholm syndrome. They basically are holding them cats in a way till they like them in a really funny way, in a really funny way. That's exactly what it is. It starts out a little adversarial, not bad like mean I mean, but it does. It's a little adversarial meaning they're thinking yes, you're thinking no, or they're thinking maybe and you're thinking no. But here and then what happens is they want you to identify with them after a period of time and look forward to the other people who might have to come and compete with them, so they look for a reason then to put an end to it and make it final. And and that is a really good way of putting at Stockholm, because with Stockholm, it's about hostages identifying with the guy that took them because he's in a position of power, and then they start trying to help negotiate it out with the authorities. It's a very weird situation. But in any case, what did your dad do? He didn't he didn't bite.
Speaker 11: Did he.
Speaker 21: No, He's he's smart enough. He was in a roofing roofing business in around Denver throughout thirty years back in the eighties and nineties, so he's smart enough to know. They didn't sign anything. They kept saying no, but they just you know, I think this company really was taking advantage of.
Speaker 1: The practical He left it on a bad taste.
Speaker 21: You're an elderly couple.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 5: The other thing, Ronda, not just for you, but for everybody listening. If your parents did get a okie doped into signing something with them, anything where they come to your house like that, you have three days to cancel, but you better do it in the right way, Nick.
Speaker 1: What is generally the right way is that like.
Speaker 9: Certified mail, you have to have some type of tracking.
Speaker 1: You've got to be able to track and preview.
Speaker 8: I mean, if they'll allow you to email them, but they have to respond that they accept it, all sorts that you have to track it. But certified mail is the best way, right and it's usually you know, seventy two hours. And the other thing, Tom, is that usually with those type of companies, what they usually do is that salesman, if he doesn't close it that day, he may have to give it back to the company and they might give it to somebody else, so he might lose out on that deal altogether.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's almost like Rufer's. Ah, hey, Kelly, make sure to give Ronda. Hey, Ronda, thanks for that. But give Ronda. I'm gonna have Nick give you a number to get for her just so they can connect.
Speaker 1: Now we have to by the way, Yeah, they'll they'll do you a good job at UH at Gravenus, John Jones Junior will be on right after this to talk about senior cards with health coverage. After this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, So John Jones is with Integrat Insurance, and they sell health insurance of all kinds, and they help people even who have Medicare to find great supplements and drug plans. And John Jones Junior, here's what is amazing. Okay, you hooked me up. I don't know what they call the plan I have is that it's a Cadillac. Your dad called it slainly, But what is it really? It's Plan G. Are they still available?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 22: Okay now, And the only one that's not the main one is not available anymore as a Plan F unless you turn sixty five prior to January first of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you guys hooked me up with Plan G. This is a supplement, and then I'm going to go on to our question about the senior cards. In any case, I remember having this conversation with both John's John Senior, John Jr. And you know, never did I anticipate I was going to be a patient of major medical In fact, John would always say, well, you're in good health. You know you're not going to really probably worry about this or that, but it's good to have. And I became a cancer patient, not just cancer, but the most aggressive form of cancer that happened to be one hundred percent totally operable because of when it was discovered. And it's a miracle that in itself. But the amount of bills I happened to sneak a peek and John, I've not paid a penny, not a penny, I swear to God. One time I got this statement and I thought it was telling me to pay twelve hundred dollars towards something. It was just a statement of benefit, but I took it as a bill and I sent them the money and they sent it back to me. I don't know how I did this, but I have never had I've not paid one dime. And eighty percent of all of my prescriptions, or eighty five percent of them, are free. When I say free, no copay, And on the ones I do have a copay, they're five dollars. So God, why doesn't everyone just do that?
Speaker 22: A lot of times it comes down to cost. I mean, the Medicare Supplement plan g it's a Cadillac plan, and so it does come with a monthly premium, and for some people it's just it doesn't it doesn't work financially for them. And so the prescription drug that's separate, I mean, that's a separate prescription drug plan, and that's an right, would be an additional cost.
Speaker 9: I mean some of the.
Speaker 22: Plans are up over one hundred dollars a month in the prescription drug plans, and so it just depends what somebody's needs are and what their their finances and budget budget is.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, Tom real, you know it's almost go ahead what you just mentioned. I mean, you said twelve hundred dollars. But really with the with the surge and the chemo and everything, I mean, what do you like, give me an idea? Are we talking you said, you had to peek at it. Are we talking like one hundred thousand? Or are we talking like a million dollars when it's all over? Okay, my case, mark, my case with everything is near a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Holy crap. Yeah, So John, you know selling health insurance? I mean it should sell itself. I mean you know, yeah, I did get overkilled maybe on the monthly premium. Do you recall what my monthly premium might be around that right now for that plan?
Speaker 22: Ge? No, sir, I don't know right now.
Speaker 10: I'd take me some time.
Speaker 11: To look it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but hold on, here's the everything, Tom. You're you're bragging about it, and you should be. It's the best thing you ever had, the Medicare. But you pay for that monthly now, and like John said, some you know, some people are going to simply choose not to do that. But let's not forget for your entire life up to age sixty five, you paid into that as well, so you basically paid for it your whole life. Now you're reaping the rewards.
Speaker 12: And Tom, one more thing that's that's affected me that a lot of people may not realize that if you don't take to supplement the first time that you're eligible for Medicare, and then you try to switch to supplet afterwards, they can deny you based upon your medical history, but they can't do it the first time you fly.
Speaker 1: Is that correct, John, Yes, sir, And.
Speaker 22: That's why it's important to have a good conversation with the broker agent who does both, who can help people with Medicare supplements and make Caare advantage plans to have, so that you were able to make an informed decision as a consumer what's best for you based on your needs and your budget. Underscore is the importance of something, especially you know.
Speaker 1: You know what. For example, I was in such a good I was in such good health that John put me, he said, let's requalify for a better plan G. And it happened to be with the same company. I don't know, they do their magic.
Speaker 22: They researched and said it was a real quick Sorry, I was setting a better plan G. It was just a lower premium and you qualified at that time based on your health, so it is a plan G. It just was at a lower premium to you.
Speaker 1: And I just want to say, now you're not going to be this, but go ahead. My notes show I'm only playing a couple hundred bucks a month for it.
Speaker 22: Yeah, that sounds about right. And they start out typically for a mail you're a typically in one hundred and forty to one hundred and seventy dollars a month in our state, it just depends where you're at. And for a female, you know, one hundred and twenty to one hundred and fifty dollars a month, depending on on where in the state you're at. And that's for a the Cadillac plan. I mean, that's the most comprehensive supplement option, but you do have right, increases every year, and so that does increase, and that can sometimes become a financial burden for some people.
Speaker 5: And I just wanted to say this again to you, Tom, think about this. I really want you to You've got the best plan out there, but I don't want you to forget that, especially you because you're your own employer and you take payroll tax as well. So in other words, when you pay Medicare tax, you're not paying one point four or five percent, you're paying two point nine because the company's paying half in your matche so two point nine over all the money you have made over the last fifty two years.
Speaker 1: If you do the math, man, did you pay for it? No, I see what you're saying, Mark, I see what you're saying. So John Jones, medical cards, senior cards, Florence wants to know about them. Did Florence have a specific question?
Speaker 5: But John Lawrence, basically she's seeing I'll let you finish out. But she's seeing all these commercials on TV that say, on certain plans, like you can get the Golden sneakers, you also get money per month to go out and buy groceries.
Speaker 1: I've seen these same commercials as well.
Speaker 22: Yeah, silver sneakers, and yeah that comes with some Medicare advantage plans, and a lot of times it's either based on income that you qualify for those flex cards in many cases, or it's based on some type of chronic condition that you have that you would be eligible for those flex cards.
Speaker 11: And so all right, but those.
Speaker 22: Are for Medicare advantage plans and only specific Medicare advantage.
Speaker 1: Plans, not all. Okay, Now, what I'd like to do Someone asked me this, and I got to take a break. I'd like to know what I would do in my situation if I was on an advantage plan, how it would have changed? Good member, pancreatic cancer totally operable. I had surgery, several rounds of chemo. I'm coming out of it, thank God, And you know they say I'm one hundred percent cancer free. But whether it's inoperable or operable, that the bills are going to be there around the same. So let's talk about I'm exactly what would have happened if I had an advantage plan? Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martina here three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five John Jones Junior. I want to ask what would have happened if I had Medicare advantage. How would my experience be changed?
Speaker 22: Well, many Medicare advantage plans you have a max out of pocket uh anywhere between three and over seven thousand dollars. And that's for in network.
Speaker 11: And so let's start.
Speaker 22: I mean there is your your total financial you're you're out of pocket would have been much higher for your healthcare. Certainly it could have been very little premium zero dollars a month in premium for many of those plans. But your total out of pocket for healthcare isn't one thousands of dollars on those plans. Now you also those plans you're put into a network of doctors and hospitals. And so if you're on an ATMO and they discovered you had cancer, well then now you're you're you're stuck to those in network.
Speaker 14: It doesn't mean that there could be.
Speaker 22: Great ontologists and doctors, but that.
Speaker 11: Is that's who you need to see.
Speaker 22: You don't have the freedom like you do on your Medicare to reach out to any doctor hospital in the country that accepts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was able, I was able to reach out. I did my due diligence with Sloan Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York, the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, and M D Anderson in Texas, and one other place which was more of a minor one. And then you See Health I ended up with because every one of those other centers said, you're you're not going to do better. I mean that they love U see Health for for the GI but what are you saying that I could quite possibly not have been able to go with U See Health. I'm not saying, by the way, for people listening that this is a reality.
Speaker 16: But certainly, but.
Speaker 11: Yeah, sorry, go ahead, So.
Speaker 1: I would have to go where they told me to.
Speaker 11: What was the network?
Speaker 22: Now, if you they're some of those some of those plans do have you see helping network, Some of them don't. Some plans are. There are some Mediterare Advantage sizes that are PPOs to give you a larger network of doctors and hospitals across the country, but just like any normal PPU, and it does give you, you know, access to care outside of the network, but at a higher cost here to you. So then you're getting into the nine ten thousand dollars range for out of out of out of network costs.
Speaker 11: And so it's costs for the healthcare and access to the.
Speaker 1: Hey John, John.
Speaker 5: If someone was like in an advantage plan, Let's say they had Kaiser's advantage plan and they find out something is really bad, cancer is something along those lines, like in October.
Speaker 1: Soon as soon as open enrollment comes.
Speaker 5: Could they switch over to like what Tom has on that G at that point, No, sir.
Speaker 22: Because then you have a previousing condition and so you that that's a declinable.
Speaker 1: I thought Obamacare got rid of all that.
Speaker 22: Well, No, so that has nothing to do with Medicare. We make cures all lunder age sixty five. So with Medicare, if you're on an advantage plan and you have a pregisting condition, yes, every October fifteenth to December seventh, so you can change your advantage plan. You can switch to a different advantage plan. You can find one that has, you know, different doctors or hospitals or lower out of pocket costs, things like that. But if you're on an advantage plan and you've developed a previousing condition like cancer, you cannot switch to a Medicare supplement at that point.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: In fact, Suzanne's mother, what kind of surgery did she need on her advantage plan?
Speaker 7: She wanted to get her knees looked at, or so.
Speaker 1: John, she's in Georgia.
Speaker 5: But listen to this on her advantage plan, I don't know which one it was. She was eight months out from just getting her knee looked at by a specialtiest.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I mean that's another thing. Yeah, you have to get a referral to see a specialist on a lot of these advantage plans, and it is a smaller network, so it could take longer to see one where with a supplement, you don't have to every role. You can make the phone call and you can schedule the appointment. Doesn't mean you can get in immediately or right away necessarily. I mean, you know, you get in line, I guess, but it certainly limits the advantage plan limits the number of doctors and facilities you have access to, so that could cause a longer wait time as well.
Speaker 5: And one more question on that. So an advantage plan, I don't even know how to define a normal income or normal person because I just don't understand how the system works. But an advantage plan total cost out of pocket, including whatever they take out of Social Security, whatever it costs you compared to the full blown Cadillac.
Speaker 1: I mean, give me an idea.
Speaker 5: We're talking like fifty bucks a month versus five thousand a month.
Speaker 22: Well, no, got.
Speaker 1: Mark, Mark, listen for the Cadillac drug plan and the Cadillac supplement. You're going to be shocked. But it's all going to be under three hundred a month difference. Yeah, but don't they take stuff out.
Speaker 22: Of your check too, But it does depend on your area and whether you're male or female. But it's around that and kind of like drug plan that's not that's specific per person. There are a lot of drug plans, and that's where when you work with a broker an agent like like us, do that research to see what Mark and Be meets your needs.
Speaker 1: Mark brought up something I want to answer, he says, But what about the money they take out Part A and Part B? Okay, there's a certain amount of money they take out of your plan, no matter what for Part B, no matter what or is it for Part A? John, which one is it?
Speaker 3: They?
Speaker 1: No matter what they take.
Speaker 22: Yeah, for most people, Part A is free. Part B comes with a monthly premium and the base premium is one hundred and eighty five dollars a month, and that is that a social security or you pay it?
Speaker 1: Cordin is that?
Speaker 5: Are they both income based? Though at that point they can be.
Speaker 22: You can have income related money, but.
Speaker 1: Mark you don't. You don't get to save that money with an advantage plan. The advantage plan, that's what they take to give you advantage. That's what they take anyway, so that anyway, you're not gonna save that. So that the net difference, I'm telling you, the net difference between the Cadillac supplement and a great drug plan and an advantage plan is gonna be about three hundred max. Out of your pocket.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's yeah. I pay John, I shop you guys. I mean, you guys have been our brokers forever. It's amazing to me that Tom's paying way to five hundred bucks a month for everything. Now granted I'm not on Medicare yet, but you know Kaiser.
Speaker 1: Kaiser cost us.
Speaker 5: Fifteen hundred bucks a month for two of us.
Speaker 1: Now we got we got to take this break. We got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roof excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation in comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Really to close up with John Jones Junior, what do you advise? Do you advise advantage for some? Uh? Is it ever a good idea in your opinion?
Speaker 22: He yeah, I don't want to sound like I'm bagging on that. And that's why we do both because it does have its place Medicare advantage plans do. What's most important is a consumer, is that you understand what each are and the differences of both, so that you can make an informed decision about what's best for you. And that's what we help you do. We're going to explain, of course, make your supplement. This is what it does, this is what the benefits, this is maybe the downsides of it. This is a Medicare advantage. Over here, they're not the same. And these are the benefits and downsides over here, these are.
Speaker 1: The okay, and I want to give out your number before before the end of the hour. I want to give out your number three h three four sixty six fifty five hundred four sixty six fifty five hundred and real quick. Somebody asked me to explain some kind of well I can't find it now. There was a text that said something have him explain the ir MMA adjustment. What is that?
Speaker 22: That's income related monthly adjustment amount and that's based on income. If your income levels, whether you're an individual or a couple, a helpold of two or about.
Speaker 11: Certain levels, you would pay more.
Speaker 22: For your partner premium and for on top of your description drug plan costs and so aline. You can did google ERMA and you can find those booms cards and it'll show you those.
Speaker 1: Okay, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you don't have the.
Speaker 1: RUSS can shoot 's gonna help?
Speaker 14: Come.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martino, Hello Tom Martino here, this is the Troubleshooter Show. Let's get right to the phones to solve some problems. Okay, you found us if you're listening, and I thank you for that, and we're all over. iHeart the radio app if you want to find us in other parts of the country as well. So, Darren, you have an issue with a contractor, you can call us anyone with problems, questions are complaints at three oh three Martino three oh three six, two seven eight four sixty six call that twenty four to seven. Okay, So Darren, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Well? Hi, I'm a local musician and in the area I do some part time house slipping to try to get my fourtal wing tai gego in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just been.
Speaker 11: Having problems all throughout my career of just bad contractors, and I'm kind of getting sick of it, and this latest one is kind of taking the cake, and I'm wondering if you can give me some advice. I basically hired.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me let me tell you something, man, dealing dealing with contractors. It's most of them here, here's what I want to tell you. What you're going to find shocking. Most of them are insufficient or terrible, and then a few of them are good, and then only very few are excellent. It's a very contracting for stuff around the house. That's what we're talking about. General contracting. Uh, it's a terrible industry. Terrible. So what's going on with your latest tell us about this latest Okay, this latest situation. What kind of a contractor?
Speaker 11: The landscaping contractor found him through next door, Check the references, check the website, kind of do as much due diligence as I due diligence as I could. So we came to an agreement, and I have a contract and an invoice saying that they would grade the yard out, plant new grass, give me a new irrigation system six zones. Okay, we came up with a price and.
Speaker 1: This is all in a contract.
Speaker 11: I think that was well, I mean invoice. I imagine when you have an invoice and then you pay on the invoice, it becomes a contract.
Speaker 1: Yes, it does tell you what the con invoice says.
Speaker 11: Well, it says I get a new six zone irrigation system.
Speaker 1: So this guy's okay, it does say that good from good good good. So your invoice actually says a six zone irrigation system and.
Speaker 11: New new, and it says new, does it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 11: I just bought the house and it's an old house, so I figured that all the pipes under there are bad, probably twenty thirty years old anyway, So I hired this guy yard up Andrew Mains. He also goes by green Man Exteriors, and I found out he's in Dallas, so he has a friend out here he hired to do the job, and that's Patrick Notton.
Speaker 1: What okay, what's the name of him again? I want to look him up.
Speaker 11: H fifty two eighty Skyview. They're here out of like okay, I think Lakewood.
Speaker 1: Okay. What I want to know is this, where's the problem.
Speaker 11: The problem is is they did not give me a new irrigation system. They basically tied into the old existing lines only gave three zones, and when I tried to get on the count and fix it, they didn't. One of the sprinklers zones started leaking, flooded my yard out and in turn flooded my whole basement, which I had just redone. So it's like, so's it's a complete nightmare. These guys will not come come back and do anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, Darren, let me explain this to you. Let's talk about this. Let's talk about this. I see only one flaw in your problem. I see mostly I'm on your side with everything. I mean, this guy did you wrong. It clearly said six zones and you got three. There's no getting around that. However, the part that is a little hazy is when you say you didn't get new he tapped into the old lines. Because there are many people who would have different opinions as to where the irrigation system begins. Okay, so some would say it's the lines going out to the yard with the sprinkler heads. Others will say the main line going from the inside of the house out with the muffler and all of that, or the manifold. But I want to know, because that's the least of your problems. Right now, What I want to know is why did the system fail and flood.
Speaker 11: Of one of the zones in the manifold. I couldn't get to turn off one of the sprinkler heads just started going going by itself, even though it was it was turned off manually. So I tapping that because they wouldn't come back and fix it. And then a couple of days later I noticed that the whole yard over there was flooding.
Speaker 1: So what does he say, let's take the easy let's take the easy part. It says six zones, you got three. What does he say about that?
Speaker 11: He says, well, you have good coverage, so you're fine, which.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he doesn't just get to change the whole contract.
Speaker 11: Exactly. Yeah, that's the point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I didn't.
Speaker 11: I didn't sit there and babysit this guy. I was doing all interior stuff. I figured, you know, he was what he was doing.
Speaker 1: Hey, Darren. Does he say, Okay, did you pay for the whole job?
Speaker 11: Yep?
Speaker 9: How much?
Speaker 11: Holding off? But he's saying it was seven grand to do everything, and you paid.
Speaker 1: Him everything up front?
Speaker 11: Yeah, well not upfront. I paid him in increments because he kept crying saying, I have to pay my guys. I have to pay my guys.
Speaker 1: But at the end, why did you pay at the end when you only had three zones?
Speaker 11: Because they would say they said they would come back and fix it. And it says warranty work under the on the invoice as well.
Speaker 1: Right now obviously a learning right now where it stands is this here, here's where it stands. Right now, you literally have a system that doesn't work.
Speaker 11: Uh, it will work weekly if I go and turn every zone on by hand. He didn't even hook it into the to the timeline.
Speaker 1: Well that's ridiculous. Okay, that's absolutely ridiculous. And you say the guys in Texas well.
Speaker 11: The main the guy who I initially dealt with was advertising on next door as yard up. I didn't realize it was in Texas, but then you know, he admitted that later and then he sent this other guy out that's that's was his friend. I guess who does fifty two eighty landscaping?
Speaker 3: Darren is this guy's name Patrick Naughton.
Speaker 14: Please come back in hold on, Yeah.
Speaker 13: Darren is the is the is the guy you're dealing with is that Patrick Naughton.
Speaker 11: Correct, that was the one who did the work.
Speaker 13: Actually, yeah, So I looked up the company. I looked up fifty to eighty Skyview. Their website has neither an address, not even a phone number. It says they do business in Denver and in Dallas, so I can totally see the Dallas, you know, the Texas connection. And then I looked him up at the Secretary of State's office. So Patrick Notton filed the paperwork over there about two and a half years ago to form this company, and there his address is an apartment is actually an apartment in Parker. So but but the question I do have for you is you said your basement flooded, So was that covered by his insurance or your insurance or is it still unresolved?
Speaker 11: It's unresolved. I mean I just found it and I didn't realize it probably for about a week because it's it's a new room I never use.
Speaker 13: Okay, did you talk to him about it?
Speaker 3: And did you what did he say about it?
Speaker 11: Trying to come up with ways. I'm sorry they're trying to come up with ways.
Speaker 13: It was my fault, Okay, So I think it You don't have like his certificate of insurance or anything.
Speaker 11: No, I should have got that.
Speaker 3: What about are you insured?
Speaker 1: I mean, we need to give this to someone to work on.
Speaker 13: If you file that claim on your insurance policy, they'll just go after him, Yeah, they will. Do you have insurance that will cover the damage to your basement?
Speaker 11: I do with a ten thousand dollars deductible.
Speaker 19: Oh that's ridiculous, So tom My, understanding, tom So, my insurance company explained to me.
Speaker 13: When they subrogate and they go after they also try to get my deductible.
Speaker 1: Of course they do. So, yeah, they do. They do.
Speaker 13: Yes, So, Darrence, so you that might be I guarantee this fifty two to eighty Skyview doesn't have the money to I bet she doesn't have a dime to his name, and I we don't even know if he has insurance.
Speaker 3: So if you make a claim on your insurance, if you I.
Speaker 1: Know what Dmitry's saying, make a claim on your insurance and then let them go after him and they will. Well, but if it doesn't, if it is only let's say, you can get it done for less than ten grand and that's your deductible, they're not going to be that motivated. To go after them. Okay, I know they're supposed to, but they're not going to be that motivated. They're more motivated when they use their own money. You got a lot of things screwed up here. This is a terrible situation. You said you did your due diligence. I'm curious about that. What kind of due diligence did you do?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 11: Just checked out the website, got some references.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? What does that mean? Checking out the website? What does that mean? You read the website?
Speaker 11: Well, looking the website, seeing if it's legit.
Speaker 1: You know, Well, how would you know if it's legit and.
Speaker 11: They had review? That's a good question. It just looked it looks legit.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you really did not do any due diligence. You you really did not do any due diligence. You didn't check the background of this guy in Denver. You didn't even know the other guy was in Texas. You didn't check with any past clients and talk to them.
Speaker 11: I did. I did check with past class have I, okay, from them with their job, sending me pictures.
Speaker 14: Of their job.
Speaker 1: Okay, how many past clients did you check with? That's really good. How many.
Speaker 11: Three I believe.
Speaker 1: Okay, we would want to know, we would want to get those numbers. But the two that responded said they had a great experience.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, they sent me pictures of their job.
Speaker 1: Okay, so right now, when was this last time you talked to them?
Speaker 11: Probably their text going on before the Memorial Day holiday. We're okay, So it's just kind of kind of a look point.
Speaker 1: Now, did he offer anything to you.
Speaker 11: No, they said they would come back, and the one guy, the main guy, said he would come back and plant new graphs. He said he only handles the graph fifty eight handled the irrigation.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got to get on this. We got to get someone to call. I have a feeling we're not Yeah, I'm sorry, I have a feeling you've been ripped off. I mean, there's not much I can say.
Speaker 13: I'll be happy to call Patrick Notton, but I'm not I'm not optimistic. I mean, here's the business whose website has nothing but what appears to be stock photos on it. It has neither an address, not even a phone number. There's a good reason, that's my opinion, that there's no phone number on the website.
Speaker 1: And then that's why I wondered what he meant when you said he.
Speaker 11: Did his jumbers. I've got numbers, and I think that do you have.
Speaker 13: His number and email address? Do you have his email address? By any chance, do you have Patrick? Okay, I'll be happy to get your hold on. I can't get your hopes up.
Speaker 1: I think we'll get I'm going to give this to Deputy d Over here to make some noise to see what we can shake up. But I think you can kiss your money good by. I don't, but maybe we can get the guy do something.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's the whole from day one. Please just come back and do the do the right job. That's all I want.
Speaker 1: Actually, this is right in small claims court.
Speaker 3: You totally small claims territory.
Speaker 1: This is a small claims territory, which means you'll be able to save some money, you know. I mean you'll be able to get like fifty dollars filing for you in other words, rather than regular court. And that would be worth getting a judgment against this guy to show him you're not fooling around. And I would go after the Patrick Naughton, the fifty to eighty Skyview.
Speaker 3: And whoever you paid the two.
Speaker 13: It sounds like it sounds like the caller paid to eighty Skyview, not the Texas guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you pay the local guy? Patrick Walton's company?
Speaker 1: All right, I got to take this break. Oh really, damn it. And he's in Texas?
Speaker 3: No, no, Patrick Naughton isn't Parker.
Speaker 1: No, he said he paid the other He.
Speaker 3: Paid the Texas guy. That's not a good sign.
Speaker 1: And how did you pay him?
Speaker 3: Did you pay with a credit card?
Speaker 14: Chance? Oh?
Speaker 11: Oh that's a good question.
Speaker 14: I think I'm.
Speaker 11: I think I zeld maybe.
Speaker 1: Oh the worst kind of payment.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awful.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, we'll come back and have Deputy d take this on. Make a couple of phone call see what we can find out. Three O three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Dimitri, I mean Deputy Bo has a comment on that watch call. We had go ahead, Bo. What do you have to say about the watch, the heirloom watch.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think Mark was truly trying to help the guy out, and just let's face that, Art's just kind of a paranoid guy. But I do have a solution for him. I'm a member of the National Watch and Clock Collectors Association. I have a run, yes, and they have a Rocky Mountain division that meets six times a year over to the church in the Body Gray neighborhood. If Art wants to call back into the show, I could get him into one of these meetings. And they're high end individuals, the lawyers, doctors, business people, and they just have a genuine interest in watches and clocks and they could give him an evaluation no charge, without shipping things in the box and seeing other people that he's not sure of. And he can bring the watch directly to the meeting, but I'd have to be there to give him a guest introduction.
Speaker 1: That'll explain this organ To explain this organization to me.
Speaker 15: So they've been around about one hundred years. It's called the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors. They're based out of pennsyl Yeah, and they advanced the trade of or logical I can say it right, por logical activities. But mostly they're just high end collectors of watches and clocks. And I believe the person that Mark mentioned up in Evergreen, I believe he's a member of this club. So this would be great for art. He can just come up from Boulder, come to Denver. There's about twenty five to thirty guys. You can do a little show and tell and they give him an honest evaluation and maybe they make it okay.
Speaker 1: What do you guys? May I ask what you discussed at your meetings.
Speaker 15: We discussed clocks that were maybe recently found and talk about how to repair, to talk about evaluation. And then some guys will come in about a clock they've taken apart and how to reassemble it.
Speaker 1: What got you into it?
Speaker 15: You know, I've been interested in clock since I was a kid. I used I took a class at the Old opportunity school on watchmaking. And I just have an interest in not the new quartz movement, but the old mechanical movement.
Speaker 14: Now, let me.
Speaker 15: Tell you this, what's interesting about this odd more piquet watch that ART has. I don't understand. Those watches go from one hundred and fifty to one point one and a half million dollars. And you know what's interesting, They're just a quartz movement. A quartz movement. What a quartz movement? It's only about a fifty to eighty dollars movement. But I believe arts is a mechanical movement, which I believe is worth a lot more than what he said forty thousand dollars. So yeah, And I have a couple of grand father clocks in my house, and that's a lost art. Is nobody a lot I mean a lost trade.
Speaker 18: No one.
Speaker 15: There's really no tradesman that works on these old clocks anymore. So this organization tries to perpetuate the trade of old time clocks with pendulums and weight.
Speaker 14: So, and is it.
Speaker 1: Mainly clocks or watches too?
Speaker 15: It's both mostly clocks because clocks are a little more interesting than watches. You can take them apart. But they do watches, but old watches, the old mechanical weight. You have to risk watches. They don't do any of the courts or battery operated type watches, and they.
Speaker 1: Only do valuable stuff.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, I mean in an expense. Yeah, probably like starting at about three or four thousand, all of eight up and you can look them up. It's called the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors and you have to get sponsored or to get into the membership. Someone has to refer you, so you have to have a genuine interest before they'll consider you for membership. But this'd be a great avenue for Art to bring his watch and in there in the Denver area.
Speaker 1: It is amazing to me that you can find you can find organizations for everything. My goodness, it's amazing to me.
Speaker 15: If he wants to call in to shore, I'll leave his number, I'll give him the particulars and that would be the best avenue for him to get it. Odd more Piquet watch appraised.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea, man, I would imagine though, I'm just I'm just going out on a limb here. This wouldn't be first date material. If you wanted an exciting night out.
Speaker 5: Uh huh, Well, how many honestly, how many men compared to women?
Speaker 1: Bo, I'm curious.
Speaker 15: There's probably one. There's probably one lady that it can out. Okay, god, Yeah, and let me just say.
Speaker 1: That's probably that's probably to serve the donuts.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and make that heat, you know. You know, the Trumbleshooter Show did oret a great service last week when Mark Major mentioned that he shouldn't just put the watch in the box and ship it to some unknown wherever he was going to ship it to if the show stopped him from doing that. I mean, he's a paranoid guy, but I think the show saved him from making a big mistake like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he would have lost that for good.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, thank you, Thank you very much man. We appreciate it. Thank you, Deputy Bo that it really is a good resource. Hey Sam, Sam, what's going on with the scam? I'll take a break. I just want to find out what it's about. What is it about, Sam?
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's about Larry Larry King. You remember him back in the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you mean the talk show host No, no, no, Larry King, the thief Larry mortgage guy that you did back in the day two thousand Larry King.
Speaker 18: Yeah, he had that okay brokerage firm and Boulder and uh I was doing some shady stuff. Anyways, he did some shows.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, hold on and we'll explore this. Just hold on and we'll explore this. Okay. Three oh three seven one three. Talk Frank rand the real estate Man, a market valuation of your home for the asking. He'll tell you what it will sell for on the open market. Give him a call, no obligation ever three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino Here. Dan McKenzie is an estate planning attorney and what you do is call him and he can do estate plans, simple wills to complicated trusts and everything in between. He's a great guy, small enough to give you personalized attention, but he knows his way around all of the plans you might need. Eight three three co plans eight three three COO plans. McKenzie law. All right, Sam said, brought up a guy that years ago. I went after Larry King with mortgage fraud. He was convicted in twenty ten. And so what what's going on now, Sam.
Speaker 15: Well, he's.
Speaker 18: Coming, he's coming back to haunt me. I went to put a I wanted to get a second mortgage, and my credit is good. It's just that that he's actually showing up on my title with the lean.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me let me find out what what, Sam, did you go to Larry King back in the day.
Speaker 18: No, I didn't he I met him. I always hustle on the side. I was bringing trees in and selling trees, you know, to get through you know, to get through the sold times. And I sold him trees and then that's how I met him.
Speaker 1: Okay, And so tell me how he showed up. Hold on, Sam, you sold trees to him?
Speaker 11: Correct?
Speaker 1: And how did he show up on your title?
Speaker 18: Yeah, we became friends. He made friends with me, and you know, and basically I was going through some rough times and he knew that, and so he offered to loan me some money and I paid him back. But everything was kind of like Burbish wise, you know, it was I did some work.
Speaker 1: How much money did he loan you?
Speaker 18: Ten thousand?
Speaker 1: And how long ago did he loan you the money.
Speaker 16: Back?
Speaker 18: Right when you started reporting on him? It was before that? And then I'm like, oh, what did I get myself into? And then he told me that everything was fine and he took care of everything. So I left it at that, and I'm just finding out did.
Speaker 1: You ever pay back? Did you ever pay back the ten grand? Yes?
Speaker 18: I did indirectly. I went ahead and I did windows for him. I cleaned out his shop for him, and then I stored some vehicles for him. In fact, he's never ever contempt Sam. He went to jail.
Speaker 1: Sam. So there's a d of trust on your home for ten grand? Correct, and he is the one who is payable to to his benefit?
Speaker 18: I guess yeah, I just pulled the papers. Okay, I went down to.
Speaker 1: The Okay, Now What are the terms and conditions of that deed of trust? Does it say did you file a promisory note with it?
Speaker 18: Let's see here.
Speaker 1: Did he file a promisory note along with it? Or did he file just a deed of trust?
Speaker 18: I don't see a promisory note?
Speaker 1: What is the amount today? It doesn't matter what he wanted? You let this go way too far. He conned you into a loan way back then. He took a second on your house, And what about your first? How much do you owe on your first?
Speaker 18: Two hundred little over two hundred thousand?
Speaker 1: Okay, and you have a second on your house. Did you ever sign anything when he gave you that ten grand?
Speaker 18: You know, I went, I guess I did. There's a signature on the bottom of this page here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, here's the unfortunate part. Unless you have proof that you paid that he's going to be able to collect it.
Speaker 13: Hey, I got a suggestion, Sam, Yes, sir, Hey, Sam, Hey, it looks like back in twenty eleven, mister King was sentenced to five years in prison, followed by eight years of mandatory parole. Could be that he's still on parole. So what do you think of you contacting his parole officer and discussing this issue with that person, because this really seems to be kind of a leftover from right from fraudulent activity back way back.
Speaker 3: In twenty eleven.
Speaker 13: So the parole officer might be able to help. So the parole officer might be able to help you get this whatever it is.
Speaker 3: It is a lean, there's it.
Speaker 13: A it's a second date of trust's a second deed of trust.
Speaker 1: It's a Morgan.
Speaker 13: He might he might convince mister King to release you from whatever that obligation is.
Speaker 1: Will mister King say, Larry King? Will he say that you paid him back? I don't think Sam even does that.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean he should. I mean, like I said, is he befriended me?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 18: So you know, you can look somebody in the eye and they're thinking something else. I don't know. I mean, I know, I'm a man of my word.
Speaker 1: Well here's the bad news, Sam. In real estate, there's no looking someone in the eye. The only thing that counts in real estate is what's written. So any verbal any verbal agreement you had outside of that mean nothing. So if you have a ten thousand dollars second deed of trust on your home. You got to pay it off or you have to have it removed. And the only way to have it removed at this time is with his cooperation.
Speaker 13: And the parole officer might be able to help get his cooperation.
Speaker 1: See, I think Sam, what happened was you never paid him back and now it's coming back to haunt you. And maybe you thought when he went to jail, you were going to get away with it. And even though you say you gave him certain things in payment, I'm not sure if he would look at it that way.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 18: I did windows for him on a historic house and Wheatridge where they had to have a certain did.
Speaker 1: You supply hold on? Did you supply the windows?
Speaker 18: Yes? I did it and all that, and we were supposed to have washed all the money. But I didn't know that he did all this that he did, all what the fraud that filed a lien on my house and did all that? He didn't He didn't.
Speaker 1: Didn't Well somewhere, okay, somewhere in all those mortgage.
Speaker 18: Payments had a long time ago, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Listen, somewhere and all of that paperwork. In order to have a lean like that, he's going to have to have notarize statements. Somebody notarized your signature, somebody said you took out that loan more than just him. So you're going to have to deal with this, and I suggest you go to a real estate attorney. I really mean it, because you're not going to be able to do this on your own. And it's not something weak can do for you. It's it's way more complicated than you think.
Speaker 3: Is this something of Brett O'Brien.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the problem. Bret O'Brien can do it. You may spend ten grand getting it removed. Jeez, it's not going to be cheap.
Speaker 12: Sam.
Speaker 1: If Larry King protests right now, if I were you, I would figure out where Larry King is and ask him if he would remove it from your house voluntarily or you're going to the authorities. That's what I would.
Speaker 18: Do, right So I have when I went into.
Speaker 1: Where is where is he? These days? Do you know?
Speaker 18: I don't know where he's at. I don't have no idea. I googled the crime and his lawyer came up on the on the paragraph when they were talking about and I guess maybe I could go to his lawyer and find out I don't know, right, it kind of stuck.
Speaker 11: A little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, you got to start with his attorney and find out where he is. Say, look, Larry King has a deed of trust on my home that doesn't belong there. I need to get a hold of him to see if he'll remove it. This guy shouldn't have any problem sharing with you where he is.
Speaker 13: Oh, of course he would. I mean he's not going to give anybody his client's address or any information.
Speaker 1: No, but in general or contacting him for him.
Speaker 13: Tom, what do you think about Sam going over to Boulder County Court and finding out who mister King's parole officer is.
Speaker 1: That's another issue. But if he wasn't convicted of this crime, it's not part of the case. He can hope that the parole officer might put pressure on King. Yeah, that's but that's a long shot. Again, I would go to Brad O'Brien. I got to take a break. Listen, there's not much we can do for you. I think there's more to this than MEETSI. I think you got a ten grand loan and you thought you got out of it when he went to jail. I really do, That's what I that's my gut telling me, and I think that you probably oh, you benefited from the ten grand years ago, and now it's time to pay up. We got more coming up.