Speaker 1: Yeoman Purser Smith, Welcome back.
Speaker 2: We've been teasing this story all morning long on news radio A forty w h A S The Tony and Dwight Show at Dave Jennings, brought to you by the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Cruise ships are still as popular as ever. Took a little hit a couple of years ago during COVID, and then they had a couple of boats sinc. But for the most part that business is back in roaring and our friend from the News, John Shannon, goes on a cruise every single year. What's the name of this said cruise?
Speaker 3: It is called the Eighties Cruise?
Speaker 2: The Eighties cruise. Who is on said Eighties cruise?
Speaker 4: Well, I kind of wanted to get into the rock thingies.
Speaker 3: Everything you guys do from like all those songs you played from realling in the years today for the eighties. So it's going over the speakers everywhere you're going on.
Speaker 4: Let me well, the bands are there, Let me here's some of the bands. Brett Michaels, of course, because he shows up for anything.
Speaker 3: This is for next year.
Speaker 1: Is he fast? No?
Speaker 3: No, he's still Michael still looks still got the abs.
Speaker 1: This says, twenty twenty five Is that next year? No, the one.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at it for twenty twenty six. You got Brett Michael. I'm looking like twenty twenty five is now, That's why I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And he said, that's next year.
Speaker 3: This is next year's cruise.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at twenty twenty five? Is this right? Billy Ocean was there?
Speaker 3: No? This is next year?
Speaker 4: Okay, well next year Gary Numan is going to be there after he sells after he says cars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. All right, let me look tearing on from Berlin and Berlin are going to be oh cool, Okay, Taylor Dane still has a great voice. All right, Okay, they got the idea. They got the idea.
Speaker 2: Who's on this cruise? So it's an eighties cruise. You love it? You and your wife love going on his crew?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 2: So you go every year you text us, and this year was a little different because you were sending us these stories and I did not connect that this is the boat you were on. And I say this because there was a woman that fell or was pushed or jumped off the boat.
Speaker 3: And it's so point.
Speaker 2: I said, are you on this boat and you said yes, dumb ass, And I said, sorry, I'm trying to pay attention. So tell us who it was and all that.
Speaker 3: It's fifty one year old Kimberly Birch. She is the fiance of Faster Pussycat front man Tamy Down. Okay, and this was first night. This is sailing out of Miami Monday, the first night, first night. Yeah, oh my god, Oh my god, how far out to see? Are you? Eighty miles? We're in international waters.
Speaker 2: You're eighty miles offshore? Yeah, first day, everyone's rocking.
Speaker 3: This is great. Yeah, just gotten through with dinner we had we'd seen in the first show.
Speaker 1: It rocked.
Speaker 3: And where are you now? When you start to hear are there sirens? Yeah, there's a there's a So there's this this message that comes across the speakers on the entire ship. It goes Oscar, Oscar, Oscar, and that is their real world code for we have somebody overboard.
Speaker 1: I thought it was Marshall, Marshall, Marsha.
Speaker 3: Well, if it's that's the seventies, that's seventy seventies, that's seven.
Speaker 2: Yes, Well, Oscar the grounds was famous for throwing people overboard.
Speaker 3: So As soon as that happens, you feel the ship kind of shudder a little bit, like it's slowing down or starting to turn. They come across with an announcement from from I believe the captain saying that, yes, we have had somebody go overboard. We were we are turning around to start a search. Oh god, it's only the wait.
Speaker 2: Were people just rushing to the side to see if they could see a lot of somebody.
Speaker 3: Well, the problem is where they went over and where they were.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: The first thing I saw was I saw a couple of the ship's EMTs go by with a gurney, and there's some of the crew members going out to put a couple of the motor launches out from from I believe the fifth deck, fourth deck. They they immediately block it off. Nobody can go out and side and see what's going on. I started to walk out there to see what's going on, and they go back inside, back and see what time is this again?
Speaker 2: Probably about ten thirty at Explain that to me, because I would think more eyeballs are better on searching for splashing or something.
Speaker 3: They didn't want US cruisers to get in the way of the emergency operations they had going on at the time where they were, because that's right where they were having to launch every they would know better.
Speaker 2: But my brain's working of I want as many people out there looking for me as possible.
Speaker 1: At a new point, did you walk up and say, my name is John Channon. Can I be of any assistance?
Speaker 3: Because they like that, they said I. I asked him that. I told him I was the fourth best journalist and they said sorry, they were only taking one through three. Oh wow, okay, so this is what happens.
Speaker 2: You took video from your balcony because you were in your balcony. Is that what you sent to us with the search line the search light?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we go back to our room and I'm out on the balcony, you know, for about forty five minutes watching the search operations go on, wondering like what if I see the person? We didn't know what it was at that at that moment. Flow by, they've got the search light going on the right side from the from the bridge. They've got two of their boats out there, their motor launches, like they would take you to shore if the can't dock right there by the land out there with their search lights on. They're doing like a grid search at the front and back of the boat looking for and there's another cruise liner you can see in the distance that stopped to put boats out to help do the starch as well. Hour and forty five minutes we stopped right there looking looking for her, and.
Speaker 4: At some point they just say, okay, we spent two hours, let's go, right.
Speaker 3: They handed it off to the US Coast Guard.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the coast Guard stay.
Speaker 3: Coast Guard sent a plane out, sent search and rescue assets out to look after after we had to start here.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'm going to predict. The boat, obviously is high tech. They know the current. Yes, so an hour and a half in a current, you're gone, right, if you survive the fall, the eighty foot fall.
Speaker 1: Where are the water temperatures there?
Speaker 3: You think the water well, they were saying hypothermia was not a problem because the water temperature was seventy five.
Speaker 2: Okay, but eighty feet. You got to survive the eighty feet, right, so let's move on. So you so you do an hour and a half search lights. Everyone's on their balcony looking, I assumed, yeah, uh, And then they called off.
Speaker 3: So they do.
Speaker 2: They make an announcement, we are we are suspending the search and we're taking off again.
Speaker 3: No, they just they they they just just they just did it. They got they brought the boats back.
Speaker 2: And and when did it start to sound like, oh my god, it was Faster pussy Cats guy's girlfriend.
Speaker 3: The next day, oh, the next day.
Speaker 1: Is it just the topic of everybody on the ship.
Speaker 3: That it is, because you know, not everybody has internet, so not everybody's seeing like the TMZ stories and everything. And we start hearing it. We get to land in Nasau, we start looking at stuff.
Speaker 2: You're still on the boat that night and TMZ has the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, somebody somebody, somebody from the boat. I don't know whether it was really leaked it, yeah, leaked it to them. So so that was the first thing we saw in in NASA the next day. Okay, there and there was still speculation at the time when she pushed, did she jump?
Speaker 2: That's where I'm going next, right, Okay, so you all get to the next location. Everyone now knows it's Faster pussy Cat's fiance slash girlfriend. Right, when did the change from she was she jumped or she she was thrown overboard.
Speaker 3: There was still speculation about it, probably until even right till the end, until we saw the story come out. And I think it was in the New York Post as well as Hollywood Reporter had it that the ship video because you know there's cameras all over those everywhere, caught her jumping from the balcony. And you have to understand, the rails on these balconies come up almost on me. They come up just below my chest. So it's not something that if I were to give you like a hard shove, you're gonna get it and flip over backwards.
Speaker 2: You have to you have to get under you and lift you up over crotchwise and throw it over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or somebody has to get up on the rail and jump.
Speaker 2: You'd have to get on a chair.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And yeah, cause she's tiny, she's like five to one five two.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I'm looking at it now, TMZ. I went to the first when it was served. It says the police have video of the view you're talking about from the ship. But then you send us a picture because you all come back to port I think it was Miami where Yeah, yeah, Miami, and you send me a picture because now there's all these ci CSI type vehicles there to get on board as you guys are getting off board.
Speaker 1: Did they determine what happened by video or? I mean they have they.
Speaker 3: They're they're still doing their investigation. The Bahamian forces when we landed in Nasa uh on their end of the investigation didn't find Teamy Down responsible for anything. But the US has to do it because it's US citizens of all. They immediately probably they locked the room. Of course it's a crime scene, and that's why the CSI folks from Miami Dade Police Office or Police Department were there because now they got to come in and like you see on CSI Miamy, they got to process the room. Because you have been on this thing since it's an eighties cruise.
Speaker 2: Jessica, Jessica Fletcher was on this thing eighties cruise.
Speaker 3: She'd as solved it.
Speaker 4: I would argue you you should never invite Jessica Fletcher.
Speaker 1: To any event because there will be a murderer.
Speaker 2: Because you know the scene where she sees the video and then she jumped over and goes and everyone else in the room goes, well, there you go. She jumped and Jessica is at dinner later and goes, it's just not sitting well with me.
Speaker 4: Nolet's just say, don't you find it odd that there was a tea cup on the counter. No, there's not nothing about at all, Jessica. Isn't it true, Sieman Johnny that you were having dinner with Faster pussy Cat and his fiance just moments before she ran a jump?
Speaker 2: I can't confirm, Okay, Yeah, So in comparison, I just texted Matt Sanders from LMPD and I said, how tall is the second Street bridge to the water in comparison to the eighty feet which people don't.
Speaker 3: Survive a lot of these jumps.
Speaker 2: No, he said, five stories from the road to the water, So that's fifty that's fifty feet. Yeah, it's fifty feet.
Speaker 3: So another thirty feet. O. Yeah, I'm judging if you go by building stories, every every story out of a building is ten to twelve, ten twelve. I'm assuming it's the same. I'm going by the judgment that it's the same way on a ship. Yeah, we're on the seventh deck. It happened right above us, so are you kidding? It was on the same side of the ship on the eighth deck just above us.
Speaker 2: I wonder if somebody went, did you see that? What? Nothing?
Speaker 3: Were there any rumors about fights or things going on with that couple that were making the rounds? Yeah, there were some. There is some some statements and and one of some people in our honorage that that our cruise friends from California said that they were near them, near them at the elevators, and he had like a pelican case, I guess, with some of his gear stuff like that, and there was some some tension, some words said, and whatever he did, he just slammed it down before they got on the elevator. So they were they were arguing about something.
Speaker 2: And they couldn't I don't do the secondhand. He could be pissed about the gig the sound was off. He could have been and just slammed it down. And right, that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: So this happened day one, day one.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's where I here's I'm Jessica Flesher.
Speaker 1: Yeh right, you look like her.
Speaker 2: Thank you. You told me. You told me that both of them are sober.
Speaker 3: That was yeah, they were supposedly. This is one of those things where they're still depending on what story you read. Someone said some of the some of the reports have said that they were there was no drinking or drugs involved because they were they're both sober. Now, okay, somebody said that she had had something to do. Okay, See here's where I'm going.
Speaker 2: You're sober, you go on a booze cruise with eighties rockers, and you drink first day, and she's distraught, and depending on how much she drank, she's desperate, and she's not thinking, and she hasn't probably been drunk for a while.
Speaker 3: And when you start drinking again when you've been sober, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Black out and heard you black out, and she's probably thinking, I've disappointed people.
Speaker 3: YadA YadA.
Speaker 2: Follow it through.
Speaker 3: Happens all the time, right, And it was actually Tamy Down was the one that called her parents to let them know what happened. They're they're they're in a New York for Post article saying if he hadn't called us, we would have known. The cruise line didn't call us.
Speaker 1: Uh E c P.
Speaker 3: The entertainment cruise production folks who run these theme cruises like this, didn't call him. She said, if he hadn't called us, we wouldn't have known what happened. They have the theme cruises for everything.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at some of the video now, I started of what searching or the jump.
Speaker 4: It was the searching. This moved on to something else. It was the searching and then walking the docks and stuff.
Speaker 1: Very creepy.
Speaker 2: So this international story. Our news guy is on the boat crazy.
Speaker 1: I was just committed.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: He knew, he said, he said, there's an Andy cruise. What if somebody were to jump?
Speaker 1: And we went that's Bobby Cock.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, what bands did you see? I saw Andy Bell from Eraser. I saw Warrant. Warrant is great. I was worrying how they'd be without Janie Lane because that's the last time I saw him. They were great. Sheila probably the best one.
Speaker 2: Really, Yes, that's all.
Speaker 4: Did you see I see where Information Society show they were one, but they are there.
Speaker 3: They were great.
Speaker 1: Who that is saying pure energy? You know that is damn right it Spock it is.
Speaker 3: They take that sound. Cy're using it in the show too.
Speaker 1: They really. Yeah, they did Curtis blow.
Speaker 3: Curtis Blow was good. He did he did a pool side?
Speaker 2: Uh oh cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, honey, are the breaks, honeymoon sweet was good?
Speaker 1: Honeymoon sweet?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Curtis Blow is a preacher now, I think. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sil eighties cruise, yes, obviously, people in their fifties, yes, lots of little older something, lots of knee braces, no believe or not?
Speaker 1: How how authentic is it? Do they go back to eighties grooming habits as well?
Speaker 3: You let you see the mullet.
Speaker 1: There's there's people that take there's people that.
Speaker 3: Take it farther. Oh, those grooming habits. I don't know. I can't tell because.
Speaker 2: I originally said to you, and then I backtracked and said, oh I did that. I said, you can't. If you get sober and you're trying to stay sober, you can't go on a booze cruise. It's just putting yourself in danger to fall, right, And I went part of the pun, David, where were you on that?
Speaker 3: I did it?
Speaker 2: And let me tell you something. Jackie and I both were sober. Did seven days on a cruise ship? Are you ready for this? With Tony Kruz?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, what do you stay sober?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 3: You're a saint, yes, man.
Speaker 2: Alive And the problem with the Booze cruises is it's ten am and Bob Sekoler has a gigantic you know, he just sees.
Speaker 3: A drink and goes, yeah, let me have one of those.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like ten am and they're drinking these peanut Colada type drinks and I'm just like, it's ten am.
Speaker 3: And for us, it's included in the package that you paid for the entire cruise, the premium drink package from what's.
Speaker 1: That run to upgrade? Because I would not go on day.
Speaker 2: Seventy fifty.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be one and fifty.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you, Oh, it can't be the drink package. The last time they actually had a price on it for the cruise was four hundred and fifty eight dollars for the seven days.
Speaker 1: Yes, for the seven days alcohol.
Speaker 3: No, that's just the outcomeist package.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure somebody on that cruise said, challenge to drink like a lot of booze to make up the oh's you're shaking your head, Yeah that's me.
Speaker 3: Hey you have to drink a lot of booze. Yeah you do. And I tell you what, well, not necessarily because the prices. I looked at the prices just say, okay, so my wife and if we do shots, we do chilled fireball shots. The price of two shots on that cruise.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say twenty dollars twenty one.
Speaker 3: Twenty two for two shots I could buy. I could buy the biggest bottle of fireball you can buy at the liquor store for what it costs for two shots. Right, Yeah, four sixty seven is a bargain if I'm drinking straight bourbon.
Speaker 1: Do they have any they do?
Speaker 3: I had bullet, I had Woodford reserve. Woh, but it's.
Speaker 2: In my head. It doesn't sound right. Are we gonna so together? Jackie and I are gonna drink a thousand dollars worth a booze over?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's not necessarily the volume. I mean that means you're pounding every day, by the way it does.
Speaker 2: I'm in my fifties, so I'm no, don't give me.
Speaker 4: There, No, no, no, it doesn't not if you're if you're drinking top shelf, if you're drinking a Woodford, you know, a bullet something like that, even in a local bar, like you said, two drinks is gonna be twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I can't go back to back days. Like if I drink two days in a row, then I'm done for a day and a half. I gotta lay up, right. I don't know who could go every day. You don't even go every day in Mexico, Mexico, I do yeah, Oh you do, yeah, right, I know you're still but.
Speaker 4: In Mexico, I do it. But it's even buzz. We'll get up, We'll go to gym.
Speaker 3: Most most days.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's not. Sometimes I show up at the premiere restaurant with no clothes on.
Speaker 1: But most of the.
Speaker 2: Time I behave Uh where are we with the story right now?
Speaker 3: Because right out the coast Guard is still searching. They have not located her body. No word yet on whether the US How close was she to the shore because she sweached No, No, this was not a this was not a eighty miles out in the middle. I'm looking out both directions of the ship. You cannot see land either side of us. We are eighty miles scary. It's so creepy, and we were in it's dark and when it gets rough.
Speaker 2: We were in the middle of the Gulf or I'm sorry, the Gulf of America. Uh, we were in the middle of that because you see it on your TV screen. They have the little dot and they have where you are and it's in the middle. And it started there was a storm, so you look out and it is your huge waves and the boat is going side by side, and you're like, this is kind of scary.
Speaker 3: We had some sixteen foot seas a couple of days later.
Speaker 2: Those are crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now the lower you are the better, that is because there's no movement.
Speaker 3: Or towards the center or towards the center. It's like the further you get four or aft on the boat, you begin to feel the side. You begin to feel the rock too, and then.
Speaker 2: The top of the part. The rich guys we were with, there were two rich guys that were with. They got their own cabana thing that were at the top of the that the only.
Speaker 3: Access to them. Those diamond Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was a tent, two beds, a table, internet access and food was brought to you all day.
Speaker 3: And I went was that. In twenty seventeen, we sailed with some friends that we met from Canada and they had a suite and this was this was when it was still on celebrity. A suite on the back of the boat. That had a porch area as big as our showcase studio. Here a twenty four hour butler. This thing was a two room cabin. They had a bottle of chill champagne waiting for him when they got sooner.
Speaker 1: I have a butler at Sandals. We do because we became premier members.
Speaker 3: Right, So yeah, it's good to live the good life like that. You go through the butler, do you tip the butler?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Jefferson, Thank you John. Incredible experience And that was actually that was one of two incidents on the boat with the celebrities. The lead singer for to Powell and her husband got into a shoving and shouting match with a couple of uh of cruisers at a concert because they were talking too loud and we're asked to quiet down, we want to hear the show. And it got hands on. The husband of the lead singer for Topal put her hands on the husband of one of the cruisers, and police were wanting to talk with them when they got off the ship.
Speaker 2: And and Tachi Tachi.
Speaker 1: That last question happened on the first day. I faster pussy can even get one.
Speaker 3: They got one show in. This all happened after the first show. Now they were going they said they were going to get back on the schedule without the lead singer and just play covers. But they never did get back on the on the.
Speaker 1: Well, here's here's a missed opportunity.
Speaker 4: You got eighties cruises all these years Tony Cruz was mornings.
Speaker 1: He should have done a Tony Cruz cruise.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys. Should come on next year and do the show from the boat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tony Kruz cruise in a week with Tony Kruz.
Speaker 3: Thank you anytime, guys.
Speaker 4: Jefferson Animal Hospital, Baby, listen to this. This is important if you love animals, and I do. Do you know your dog, your cat could donate blood just like we can. They can and that's right. Listen, if your dog is over fifty pounds, if your cat's over ten pounds, they may qualify to be a pet blood donor. Where every single listen to this, Every single donation can save up to four to six lives of other pets. It's not just about saving others pets lives, it's about the benefit of your pet as well. Did you know if you become a pet blood donor, you get regular examinations, blood work, vaccines all at Jefferson Animal Hospital on the outer loop. Thank you Jefferson Animal Hospital for doing good for others. Listen to this for more information on your dog or your cat. Can become a pet blood donor call five zero two nine hundred pets. That's nine hundred pats, or visit pet Bloodbank dot com.
Speaker 2: Eiland and Edland one percent commission eight. That's it. So you keep the equity in your home. So if you have a five hundred thousand dollars house, you sell it with Etland and Edland, you keep the equity, so it's about twelve to fifteen thousand dollars, or you could give it to a real estate agent your choice. Five twenty eight hundred five nine twenty eight hundred. Guy, that's gonna answer. You say you're gonna sell myles for one percent. You're going, yep, darn tooton we are. Let's get after it. Edland and Edland been around for forty six years. Back after this on He's Radio eight forty w waight chance. By the way, do not look at the dow today, yesterday or today?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fuck it was down almost a thousand points yesterday and today going in the same direction.
Speaker 1: All right, so.
Speaker 3: Came across this little diddy yesterday or what little diddy?
Speaker 1: Oh diddy, Okay, I'm still interested.
Speaker 2: About baby oil and not about Jack and Diane. It's about sequels that bombed. And there were so many most of the lists that I was like researching, did the top fifty?
Speaker 3: Oh wow?
Speaker 1: Named one? Go Caddy Shack two.
Speaker 2: Caddy Shack two was number one on several lists that I looked up.
Speaker 4: Hey, who needs Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Ted Knight and anybody else?
Speaker 3: We got a golfer, got Jackie Mason.
Speaker 2: Man, Hey, Jackie Mason was not a household name, right he was? He was very funny, but hard to understand. He was not I don't think it translated.
Speaker 1: Every time he was saying line, I'm thinking of the an eater.
Speaker 2: And then let's not get Dennis Quaid, Let's get his brother. Let's get Randy quick. I mean, you don't get Dennis is a huge star. It's it's the eighties. He's a huge star. No, No, it's his brother.
Speaker 4: Could you imagine sitting on an airplane and you're in the middle seat, which is miserable enough, but then walking.
Speaker 1: Down the aisland they split you.
Speaker 4: On each side would be Dennis quad and the other would be the guy mister Joshua.
Speaker 3: What was his name, Oh, Garry Busey.
Speaker 1: Gerry Sucy.
Speaker 2: He was at my bachelor party. Yeah, all right, here's a list. We talked about this such this movie the other day, Staying Alive, the sequel to Saturday Night Fever, came out in nineteen eighty three. Sylvester Stallone directed it. I believe it's his first movie he directed. Rocky had a lot to do with because he had the screenplay. And by the way, with Rocky, they were like, you can't play the title character, and he said, I'm not selling you the screenplay unless I play.
Speaker 4: He was a broke artist, and they offered him two hundred and fifty thousand dollars in what was that nineteen seventy eight dollars on the screenplay.
Speaker 1: He said, he walked away.
Speaker 3: Boy, I gotta tell you what. Here's another one.
Speaker 2: Maybe Jason Bateman's worst performance teen Wolf two, teen Wolf two, but spelled to.
Speaker 3: Teenwolf.
Speaker 2: Also, you know you're creative with the two nineteen eighty.
Speaker 3: Seven, this turn came out and it was awful. What about Men in Black two?
Speaker 2: No? Men in Black two was good. I thought I didn't think so that was good. No Man in Black is on this list. Men in Black International came out in twenty nineteen. You never heard of it, even though exactly even though it was it was before COVID, even though it was had Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson.
Speaker 3: It was a complete flop. Nobody went to see it.
Speaker 4: There was no Will Smith or all the other guy Tommy Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: I didn't even realize this Airplane the sequel that was the name of the movie. That wasn't too bad nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 1: I saw the theaters.
Speaker 2: It didn't have the same juice. It just didn't have the same It wasn't as good, but it wasn't horrible. Just don't do this saying jokes over and over again, Right, all right, here's what's that?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with people to do that?
Speaker 2: Nothing that's not unique?
Speaker 1: Dwight, Hey, Dave, how do you catch a unique rabbit? I don't know, Dwight. How do you unique.
Speaker 3: Up on it to catch a trait?
Speaker 2: Why did Tony kill himself on that day? So in it in the decade that gave us Godfather to star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, huge sequels, Exorcists, the Heretic, okay, which was the follow up to Extressist, and it was like they were planning to be, how do we make the worst movie ever?
Speaker 4: And that's weird you said that because that's the very next movie that went into my mind.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: I swear I'm taking Exissis And here's why the Heretic turd Exorsus three, I mean wasn't Actressists, but it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 3: Which one?
Speaker 2: What year did that come out?
Speaker 1: It was like ninety three or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Exorcist, the Heretic.
Speaker 2: It was completely awful, okay, little no movie or people. One of the reviews said basically a hand o, no, I'm sorry, this is wrong. Movie A Good Day to die Hard twenty thirteen, that's the one he made way after where the Sun is a grown adult and some supper or whatever, and it was the storyline was ridiculous and awful. Somehow they fall into a conspiracy with International. It's like, how many times can this one dude get into a run in with International? Crazy people?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Extra three was nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety Speed two Cruise Control nineteen ninety seven. Jason Patrick Jimmy Kimmel said in twenty fifteen it was about a cruise ship, and I was thinking about a bus, a cruise ship, speed bus within a cruise ship. It's even slower than a bus. How could it be speed? It was a terrible Jason Patrick just couldn't.
Speaker 1: Think I knew that existed.
Speaker 3: I didn't either. Yeah, it was speed. They did speed too, and it was on a cruise ship. It was awful, awful speed three the steamboat. That's right, well, those pedal bars downtown.
Speaker 2: The Derby Festival committee is going wait.
Speaker 1: Right, wait, that's just crazy enough to work.
Speaker 2: And we all know this one. It was maybe one of the most disappointing ones. And I don't even know if you've you saw it. Dumb and Dumber twenty fourteen, a complete fiasco. Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels embarrassed themselves.
Speaker 1: First one was good.
Speaker 2: Warren Review described it as shockingly unfunny. What's one of the refuse? It was hard on me because the original was in my twenties and it was in our we were there was such a streak of great funny movies, and that was like kind of the leader of the pack and man, it just was like, oh, guys, you can't do the same bits. All right, here's another one, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've seen that one, said.
Speaker 3: I don't think I saw that either.
Speaker 2: It was it had been nineteen years since the last one was Sean Connery, which some people think is better than the original. I love that one, right.
Speaker 4: I did see in Deanna Jones and the Temple of Boom.
Speaker 2: Boom, it's not what we were talking about. So nineteen years in between the movies. This one was a complete fiasco.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: Shia Laboufe as Indiana Jones, greaser sonate, Kate Blanchette, superstar, hottie, great actor, she was the evil Soviet spot.
Speaker 3: Didn't they so ridiculous?
Speaker 1: Did they do like a last one with him?
Speaker 2: And well, yeah they did last movie. Look, oh, well they did this movie. And it's like, okay, how old is Indiana Jones? Because the first Indiana Jones takes place in nineteen thirty three. Nineteen thirty three, this one took place in the Cold War. Joe, it was it was awful. It was really really bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was an Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny that, yes, that was terrible.
Speaker 1: That came into twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: That was terrible.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen that either.
Speaker 2: Well, you understand nothing redeeming about it, But you gotta understand. When Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came out in two thousand and eight, the world was crazy for it. Like they were like, oh my god, there's another Indiana Jones. This is gonna be great. And everybody was like, what was he that?
Speaker 1: You can't say it like that. You did you see the new Indiana Jones Skull? You got shorten it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Skull wasn't as good as Raiders.
Speaker 2: One of the movies. This is one of the only movies I've ever walked out on.
Speaker 1: Who do you like a better Doom? Raiders or Skull?
Speaker 2: Highlander two? The Quickening?
Speaker 1: Never heard of it?
Speaker 3: Ninety one.
Speaker 2: I took my mother. We used to do radio premieres. Anybody our age, We used to get a stack of passes to go see it. All of the movies had radio premieres. All the radio station had passes and you could see the movie for free before anybody else saw it. Right, it was great. I love those days. And then at one point the radio stations say, hey, they don't really pay us for the free advertising. We're like, are you kidding?
Speaker 3: We have one thousand tickets to give away for a premiere of a movie.
Speaker 1: None of that they would give us. Like die Hard, they gave his t shirts.
Speaker 2: Remember you got a shirt. You got stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got stuff to give away, to give away on the air or to wear. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety one. I walked out. My mother and I went to see it, and she looked at me alectur and said, we're not staying right. She was like, this is awful. We walked out. We rarely have done that.
Speaker 3: Star Wars.
Speaker 2: D D D.
Speaker 3: Which one is this one? Nineteen? This is the.
Speaker 2: Rise of Skywalker twenty nineteen. Storylines were stupid and the same.
Speaker 3: I never saw the Han solo one. I heard that wasn't very good either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty I would think that would be the Yeah, the Han solo one's.
Speaker 1: I figured that would be the only good one.
Speaker 2: Rogue one was good, is awesome. Matter of fact, I have it ranked Star Wars. The original Rogue One Empire strikes back.
Speaker 1: Oh, thanks for sharing that. We were all wondering.
Speaker 2: Most people have that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were wondering where your star trek? Right?
Speaker 2: So this movie is terrible twenty nineteen. The storylines were terrible. They brought back Palpatine, that was the evil Emperor. Okay, just like well he was supposed to be dead for like one hundred years. So it's nineteen eighty soap operating. Remember how they would kill someone off he had brain surgery and somehow the guy would come back. They're like, wait a minute, jar right, wait a minute is a lie?
Speaker 1: What who wasn't? Get on down?
Speaker 3: It was Bobbyobby?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: One more here it is, here's a turd. There's a lot of great Rocky movies, but Rocky five. It seems like they made it in about four days. Rock Which one was that Rocky five was with after four was Morrison?
Speaker 3: The Morrison. Morrison was in it. It was teaball.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that bad. It wasn't as bad as having a double and even.
Speaker 2: Like because people because three, all right, Richard, three was clubber Lang and reinvented Rocky and then the next one you and then the Soviet win Rocky four where everyone got crazy Ballcree was killed?
Speaker 1: Which was which one is the one where he went to Vietnam?
Speaker 2: And Rocky that was Rambo. It wasn't Rocky. That explains Rambo eighty six? Are they just coming out this summer?
Speaker 1: They both started with an R that confused me. What the hell's Rocky doing with that carenade launcher?
Speaker 2: Okay, wait a minute, one last one?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Independence Day Night Resurgence.
Speaker 3: Didn't see that one? It it exists?
Speaker 2: Oh it's terrible.
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: And Superman four nineteen eighty seven, that was awful. Oh, wind donation, wind donation by two windows, you get two free, by four get four free. You know where I'm going with this. Plus no money down, no interest. That means two years to make your first payment and get all the payments in all right, so you get it right now. So if you're telling me it's not in the budget, can't get new windows, yes it is. Two years, nothing down, no interest. Let's rock it out at windownation dot com. Let's get some new windows on your house. Your electric and gas bill will go down twenty three to twenty five percent. Immediately back after this on NewsRadio A forty WHS,