Speaker 1: You're listenings KFI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio f Handle here on a Valentine's Day Friday, February fourteenth, Tomorrow at seven pm KFI New, KFI Newses, Michael Monks will host a KFI New special La Fires, a Path Forward two hour special talking about the wildfires and the path to recovery. So that's tomorrow night at seven, and you don't want to miss that. And since it is Friday, it is time for Foody Friday with Neil.
Speaker 2: Neil of course heard tomorrow also from two to five.
Speaker 1: In the afternoon with the Fok Report. Okay, big issue with tuna and a tuna recall. Now, as I make tuna salad, which I do regularly, I find that batchulism adds that perfect flavor to the tuna salad.
Speaker 2: And that seems to be what's happening here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you want, if you want to more, get more out of your experience with tuna, yeah, bachulism will do it. So there was a February seventh press release came out of Tri Union Seafood about recalling canned tuna. And it continues, you know, because tuna is one of those things you buy like. I don't know if you've ever seen Bill ever seen producer Michelle's pantry. Holy hell, she has a Costco in her house.
Speaker 2: She had a shock.
Speaker 4: It is insane.
Speaker 3: And they're all it the O C D you'd have to have because they're all stacked exactly perfectly. And that's what people do with canned goods. So you can have tuna that's been in there for a while that could be affected and not think about it because you bought it earlier. So the thing you want to do is you want to look for these, you know, multiple labels, because it's under various brands. A lot of people don't know that multiituna can be under different labels and it all comes from the same place. It has to deal with the quick pull you know those quick pull tops, not the ones that you need the actual can opener for, but the quick pull tops.
Speaker 2: Which is virtually everywhere now.
Speaker 3: Yes, they really are, and the concern that they could lose their seal, and when losing their seal, they become open to botulism.
Speaker 4: And this is under the H E B label.
Speaker 3: In Texas, you're looking at Trader Joe's you're looking at Costco, You're looking at a lot of you know, Walmart, that's a pretty big footprint here in the Southland. So Trader Joe's labels.
Speaker 1: Now are you looking at wait a second, are you looking at white label where it is a Trader Joe's product and it says Trader Joe's on the label, as is Costco with Kirkland or is it this particular come that produces the tuna.
Speaker 3: It's a particular company that is under different labels. So a Trader Joe's, I don't know of any concern that actually hit their California stores. But Genova, it's a seven ounce can, is in Costco locations in Florida and Georgia. You've got Genova five ounce cans that are here in California, Vandy Camp label. In some locations they can be under multiple different codes and the like. So you really have to be able to go check this stuff out.
Speaker 1: Now, can you tell at all? Because I just opened a little bottle of salsa, little glass container and it's said right on there, if this top, if this little bubble is up, do not use this, and it was and I looked at it and the lebble didn't pop up and it was fine. Is there such a thing is that in the tuna can industry?
Speaker 2: Are you aware of that?
Speaker 3: Well, not the exact same way there In any circumstance when you're dealing with canned food, if it has dense or in it or bloating, they can be a problem. So you can tell if something's bloated, if there is gas inside that it's decomposing and that's what's making it bloat for whatever reason. To my knowledge, the only thing that would tip you off is dying these well, the only thing that would tip you off is the codes on the side and the breakdown of the best if used by date, the can codes. And really at that point there's so many of them we couldn't give them. You want to go to the website CDC dot gov and you can find there's a subsection of botulism and it would break down all of these Specifically.
Speaker 1: Neil talking about a best spy or a used by date on canned goods.
Speaker 2: Can goods last for years?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a story of what they dug up.
Speaker 1: An archaeologist or historians dug up can goods from one of the early expeditions in Antarctica, like from nineteen oh four and it was still good. The can goods were still good. So do they I didn't even notice. Do they have sell by used by dates on can goods?
Speaker 4: Absolutely most of them are.
Speaker 3: That's another reason why you'd have to know to look past the used by dates, which are basically the flavor of the consumability, like, wow, this is at its peak flavor and freshness or what have you. But as far as is it going to kill you or cause you problems, that's something different. As a matter of fact, this recall to date, I don't think there's been any illnesses reported.
Speaker 4: This is them.
Speaker 3: I'm looking and at some point discovering, hey, this seal is not proper, and out of you know, a.
Speaker 4: You know, wanting to.
Speaker 3: Be as cautious as possible, they pull them back and recall them. It's that the possibility of that seal breaking and botulism happening that they're concerned. It's not like people are dropping dead and they're pulling them off, all right.
Speaker 1: The story that I'm looking at, and it's kind of neat. Free slurpees at seven to eleven all month long.
Speaker 2: Usually it's one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, today we're going to give away you know X number of donuts or.
Speaker 2: Here's your deal.
Speaker 4: This is a month. This is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it goes through the twenty eighth. But the thing I like about this is not only is seven to eleven giving away a small slurpee for free every Friday through the month of February.
Speaker 4: Most things.
Speaker 3: Most of the time when companies do this, restaurants do it fast food whatever it is, there's usually hoops like you have to sign up for the on their website or their app or something, you have to buy something up.
Speaker 4: This is nothing. This is just getting going in on a Friday and just walking in.
Speaker 2: And asking for it.
Speaker 1: Now, is it in the size of a specimen cup?
Speaker 2: The little Dixie cups?
Speaker 4: They give you a small Dixie cup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't. It wasn't very large.
Speaker 3: You know, get the one that said YETI on this maybe that's okay, Yeah that wasn't even funny.
Speaker 1: But I mean, are we talking about a regular small slurpee that you go in. It's not some size that was made.
Speaker 2: It's actually okay, okay, and.
Speaker 1: Just walk in and ask for it on Friday, and how many you can get them?
Speaker 2: Unlimited?
Speaker 1: You can walk in two hours later and get another one if they recognize you don't.
Speaker 4: Put why do you look for? Or the loophole that caused problems?
Speaker 2: Because I lived for loopholes. That's my middle name. I live for loopholes.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can buy a hot dog and a nice warm hot dog with it or what have you.
Speaker 1: That's you know, how many do you know how many free meals I get on Thanksgiving? When I go from from one homeless shelter to another.
Speaker 3: It's really rude when you ask kno each year, Hey can I borrow your clothes so I can get free food?
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean reality, I've never seen, by the way, all the years that you and I have been doing this show and we talk about, you know this offer today and there's a free this, and there actually used to be at one time. Was it krispy Kreme or one of the big donut shops? I offered half a dozen donuts if you walked in and just showed I voted sticker, Oh, here's half a dozen.
Speaker 2: Those days are gone.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: Krispy Kreme is known for are going above and beyond with their buy one, get one and things like that, but this truly seven to eleven is it's truly there's nothing. It's not a bogo, it's not a it's there's nothing attached to it.
Speaker 4: It is literally free small.
Speaker 2: That kind of neat.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's move on to what you were saying about a major, major California restaurant shutting down in California or getting close to This is.
Speaker 4: One that you and I have at.
Speaker 3: You know, we used to go do down the street in Burdbank is Denny's. So this is a place that that originated here in California, and they are shutting a butt load, shutting down and shuttering a buttload of restaurants, seventy to ninety underperforming restaurants by the end of the year. And it just it's such a I don't know, there's something about the comfort, you know, the old school punk rocker in me where it was one of the plays paces where you go hang out after a show. And I don't know, it's just there's something about a Denny's to me.
Speaker 1: I like denny I love moons over Moon's, over my Hammy.
Speaker 2: Just you know, it's it's fun stuff. The what do you call it?
Speaker 1: Puffs, you know those donut whole things with cinnamon on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, great stuff.
Speaker 3: I love that, but it's kind of a bummer. They have about seventeen hundred restaurants world wide, thirty three hundred and fifty four in California, so pretty significant to see that many up to ninety or so. I was up in Big Bear recently and they have one there on the on the main boulevard, and and it was called something else. Now it's the same shape sign, but it's like, you know, Donnie's, or.
Speaker 1: It's it's cheaper to just change the lettering in exactly the same fund.
Speaker 4: I haven't tried it out.
Speaker 3: Maybe the food's great, I haven't tried it out, but it just is there's something about Denny's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean theeah it's iconic.
Speaker 2: It is Hey, we have one more. We have to do it fairly quickly.
Speaker 1: And that's about soft serve ice cream, which I love.
Speaker 2: Sauce you do which is this is an at.
Speaker 1: Home because you just convinced me I may end up buying this puppy.
Speaker 4: This is not Now. I'm a fan of Ninja.
Speaker 3: I think Ninja puts out fabulous products and they're always they're super innovative, So Ninja, that company has put out this new ice cream machine that delivers soft serve and hard scoops as well.
Speaker 4: We have a soft serve.
Speaker 3: We love ice cream here at the house, and we haven't had a whole lot of luck with soft serves, so this is on our list to get. Ninja just announced this new ice cream maker does something that even existing models haven't, and that is make soft serve, you know, with the swirl and all that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have you read the review or have you known people?
Speaker 1: Is? Do it?
Speaker 2: Any idea if it's good or not?
Speaker 3: This is pretty new, okay, and it's not inexpensive. What is that one and fifty bucks? All right, that's not inexpensive.
Speaker 2: I'll buy that.
Speaker 3: And their other one was about two hundred dollars. Queens and Art, which might be the one that we have, is about one hundred and eighty dollars with mixed They call it the mix in. It has this little port thing that you open up and it slides mix ins, you know, different toppings and the like in there. But once you get into the higher end ones, you're looking at one thousand dollars and up.
Speaker 4: So it's it's well so.
Speaker 1: You're talking about soft serve professional level, and it's.
Speaker 4: Getting a really good soft serve. Yeah, you can buy an awful lot of one thousand marks.
Speaker 2: So you can buy a lot of soft serve for one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Quick aside, my favorite soft serve ice cream happens to be McDonald's.
Speaker 2: I love their soft serve.
Speaker 4: You need to try.
Speaker 3: You need to try vanilla Chocolate twist chocolate vanilla CVT. It is the best soft serve in California and beyond. They CT is chocolate vanilla twist. It's literally a chocolate and vanilla twist. It is the most spectacular.
Speaker 2: Where do you get that?
Speaker 3: You and I will track it down because and I think they might go out to Orange County as well. But it is Oh and they now have them in some freezers. Gelson's I think has them, Vaughns might have them.
Speaker 2: Now do you get soft served? Number one? How do you get soft served in a freezer? Because it comes out saying hard comes in a pouch.
Speaker 3: And what you do is you you put it in your freezer, You take it out for a couple of minutes, maybe fifteen minutes, you pop the top off and you squeeze it in your mouth. It is spectacular. CBT Chocolate Vanilla twist. If you ever see them parked along the side of a road in the brown and their tan vehicles, you must it is spectacular.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's time for Ask Handle Anything.
Speaker 1: And here it goes what we do real quickly to introduce it, I get asked a lot about you know what, people get asked, what's handled like in real life?
Speaker 2: What's John Cobalt like? What's Neil like?
Speaker 1: So Ann came up with the idea, let's just do and ask handle Anything. We do it every Friday, and you simply ask the question. It's recorded, and Neil and and choose the question. And then I answered having never heard of them before. So let's go with the first one.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Bill.
Speaker 4: I was wondering who the most famous person's phone number you have in your contacts.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's kind of a good one.
Speaker 4: Good for you.
Speaker 2: I have Richard Branson's number that he gave me.
Speaker 4: That's a pretty good one. Yeah, it is a pretty good one as of like many many years ago. I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but well, I mean I haven't called him, and you know, I go, hey, Richard, what's up? I haven't called him, but he gave me a cell number. Who else, So I have to go through it. But I good question. I have some good ones.
Speaker 2: I really do. You had one years ago.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you remember.
Speaker 1: But George Carlin, Oh yeah, George Carlin and I used to talk all the time. He was a big fan of the show. We talk less now than he died. But I've got I have to go through a few of those, but I have some neat ones. Todd Spitzer, of course, the DA of Orange County. Way, we go back thirty years. I talk all the time with Todd, yelling at him.
Speaker 2: But that's a great question. Actually I like that.
Speaker 5: Okay, Next, Hi Bill Matt from the I E all hail Kono. I'm confused today Tuesday he said you were packing or Lindsay's packing, and you're moving. But I thought you just bought a house in Orange County.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 5: Confused on that. And also what does w D forty stand for?
Speaker 2: Okay, starting with I was moving.
Speaker 1: I bought the house closed escrow in December of twenty three, been remodeling it. Actually moved last week into the house. Still doing some remodeling. So I don't know if that helps you with your confusion. No idea and W.
Speaker 2: Forty stands for you. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I used to know something about is the fortieth version of this oil that was developed something.
Speaker 2: Along those lines.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, okay, that helps, doesn't it. I have no idea, Thank you very much. Next question, I do that a lot on handle on the law. By the way, no idea.
Speaker 2: Next question, Bill.
Speaker 4: If you could have lunch with any famous person, whom would you choose.
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Boy, I would have lunch with myself.
Speaker 1: I would sit there, which I do on a regular basis, and the conversation is great. Actually, people, as I'm muttering to myself, people sometimes call the authorities and try to drag me off in a white coat.
Speaker 2: Who would I have? I don't know. It's just a whole list of people.
Speaker 1: Franklin Roosevelt, one of the most fascinating guys, Thomas Edison, maybe the Boston Strangler.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, I don't know a lot of them, A lot of them, so I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not really good at answering. I don't have any specific one. Boy, today is really good. It's a lot of I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I don't know anyone alive. Didn't you name everyone that was dead?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. I'm not interested in talking to anybody who's alive.
Speaker 4: Questions at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Next, Hey, Bill, do your daughters like Lindsey? And what do they think about your getting married again?
Speaker 2: Yes? They do? Uh?
Speaker 1: And you know what do they think about getting married? I think it's okay because I'm a happy camper and they're very generous in in feeling positive towards me until I take back the credit cards.
Speaker 2: Then they don't feel so good.
Speaker 1: But the answer, yeah, yeah, it's thanks for the question, or not?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Trust fun babies they'll they'll well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if they're they'll lost fun babies. I mean there is a trust fund. But they are going to be sorely disappointed when I kick off, really disappointed, and I lie to them.
Speaker 2: I just straight out lie, ge Dad, We're gonna get a lot of money. Oh, yes, you are. You're gonna get a.
Speaker 4: Ton of money.
Speaker 2: Oh man, what did you do to me? Well, let's start.
Speaker 1: With I'm dead and I don't care what you feel, all right, cono, Hey.
Speaker 2: Bill, let's turn the tables on you.
Speaker 5: You say we can ask you anything if you get asked anyone.
Speaker 1: Alive or dead, past present a question, who would you ask?
Speaker 4: What would it be?
Speaker 1: You know? Oh, it was one of the first questions that I asked Neil about Jesus.
Speaker 2: This is a legitimate one.
Speaker 3: When I remember this differently, and I don't think that you would ask Jesus this.
Speaker 2: Oh, you bet I would ask Jesus this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you wouldn't get the last go ahead say it because I remember it different.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm telling you this.
Speaker 1: I remember vividly when the Jesus Show, the Jesus Show first started on this show, and it was Easter, and I asked Neil to arrange for Jesus to come aboard and not blasphemous either. I'm talking about as if Jesus actually had a show on KFI for real, because I thought that was a neat idea.
Speaker 2: And then that morphed into what is now a national show.
Speaker 1: And I remember asking Jesus are you Are you a God or are you a man?
Speaker 2: Which one is it.
Speaker 1: I'm not a Christian, so I don't quite an understand and he said, I am both a God and I am a man. And I say, and I asked this the man part masturbate and the only answer I got was I am both a man and I am God.
Speaker 4: So well, you horribly deal with the hypostatic union.
Speaker 3: But the I remember it as you asking if Jesus would use the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's two benign Okay, the man part certainly.
Speaker 2: The man part certainly.
Speaker 3: Does not, because you'd have to fantasize.
Speaker 2: Now can you? Oh got it? So let me ask you something. Can you imagine how?
Speaker 4: And I wouldn't have answered okay in context?
Speaker 1: Differently, Yeah, can you let me ask you a question, Neil, you of me fairly noteworthy religious understanding.
Speaker 2: If Jesus didn't use the bathroom, he.
Speaker 1: Is thirty three years old when he gets crucified, the constipation issue would be like outrageous.
Speaker 2: Okay. One more question, or maybe a couple if we have time. Hi, Bill, do you know the difference between a fact and a factoid?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: No, next question? I have no idea either. Yeah, fact factoid?
Speaker 4: Okay, very small.
Speaker 1: It's a good question, but I'm okay, now what see A lot of this is uh, are these trick questions where people want to make me look like a moron.
Speaker 2: Because if that's the case, it's working.
Speaker 4: No, they don't really need to do that.
Speaker 2: I do it myself. Okay, fair enough, let's move on.
Speaker 4: Hey Bill Tony from the Inland Empire.
Speaker 3: I was just wondering if you had any hobbies that you do in your spare time that we might be interested in.
Speaker 5: Have a great day.
Speaker 4: You'all be safe.
Speaker 2: Oh question.
Speaker 1: The answer is, I don't have any hobbies. I don't play golf, I don't play cards, don't hang out with the guys. I basically read. That's my hobby. I read, you know, constantly. I hit two three books a week. I read every day of the New York Times, LA Times, the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 2: I just read. Oh also I eat. Oh yeah, there's my hobby. I eat.
Speaker 3: Wow, almost anything Lindsey's got to catch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she sure does. Okay, Oh, we still have time.
Speaker 3: By the way, brief or trivial item of news or information, or an assumption or speculation that is reported and repeated so often that it becomes accepted as fact.
Speaker 1: Pure spontaneous response, having not read it at all. Right, Neil, okay, I looked it up for of course you did. Okay, one more question? Question for handle can I asked more than one question at a time and does that count as a question? Seriously, Neil, you keep you on, Neil, you did, Neil, you went to the facility where everybody walks around and ask Nurse Ratchet for some medication and you throw that one in.
Speaker 4: Was a test and you failed.
Speaker 1: You failed, And I keep in mind, this is what the question. So really quickly, how we do this before we bail out of here is during the course of the show. If you want to ask Handle anything, you go to the iHeart app and go to KFI. You will click on the microphone in the upper right hand corner and that will start fifteen seconds or so where you can ask the question, and Neil and Anne choose the questions. And it's every Friday we do at eight thirty and I love this segment. I have such a great time with it. All Right, we're done for the week, and we're done for the day. Valentine's Day, have a I don't care if.
Speaker 2: You have a happy one or not. You knock your socks off.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow it's Handle on the Law eight o'clock in the morning, A to eleven, kneel two to five with the Fork Report, and Monday we start all over again Amy five Am Wake Up Call, Neil and I jump aboard at six until at nine and and Cono are a very very important part of the show, sort of kind of yeah.
Speaker 2: Cono, Cono that we love you.
Speaker 4: Man. There was a lot of sarcasts Valentine's Day, Happy.
Speaker 1: Valentine's Day, Garyan Shannon up next. KFI Am sixty.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.