Speaker 1: So it's a little bit different.
Speaker 2: Every day is different, the story is a little bit different.
Speaker 1: Different things are happening every day.
Speaker 3: It's the source that's the same, always been the same. Fifty five KRC eight O five a fifty five RCD talk station. Happy Wednesday, always please do. Welcome to the fifty five Cars Morning Show.
Speaker 2: The founder and a man behind Empower You Seminar series Empower You America. Dot Orger is where you find him. He is Dan Reganold, Dan Reganeld. Welcome back to the fifty five KRCY Morning Show. My friend, it's always a pleasure speaking with you.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Brian, and it is great to wake up and hear my friend Jack.
Speaker 2: Atherton, isn't he brilliant? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And Donovan too. It was like a double play. No, Jack is always really great, too, great to hear and gives you something to think about. I think I'm going to need an extra cup of coffee for that.
Speaker 2: I know, I know. He just it's food for thought and things you can contemplate for a long time, and I just always look forward to it. It's funny you bring him up, because every time he comes on, I get quite a few emails saying God, this guy is so great. I love having him. I love you having him on every week. So props to Jack add And I know he puts a lot of thought and effort into his commentary on the Morning show. And real quick, before we get to your empower You seminar, which has taken place tomorrow night, seven pm live or in person in the empower You Studio is now at Scarlet Oaks three hundred Great Oaks Drive, or you can log in from the comfort of your own home. Just make sure your register go to empower You America dot org because he's going to be doing a seminar on the War of eighteen twelve, how close the nation came to falling apart. But real quick, before you get to that, I know you're a champion, yet you've been involved in so many issues political you go back a lot of years champion of education choice, and I wanted to direct your attention to an op ed piece that appeared in the Wall Street Journal this morning, Ohio's school choice success story. They did some number crunching over the years since Ohio's educational Choice scholarship program kicked in two thousand and five, and it has had wonderful results. Most notably, they said groups that benefit of the most were blacks boys, students who experienced long term childhood poverty, and students with below medium test scores before leaving public school. So in college enrollment, applications went up, test scores went up, all because of school choice. So I want to applaud your efforts in the past on that and just bring that to your attention if you want to do to read it and see that actually we've made some great inroads in the education area of the state.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Brian, things in Ohio sometimes they move a little slower than I like them to move. But there's been so many grassroots people in Ohio that have fought for school choice, and to see it working out is really I mean, I think of people like Dan Peters, and I think of groups in Columbus that have all come to empower you and talked about it things, and it's just so great to see it taking off. Now. I know the other side is complaining now that the cost is too high and we can't afford it, and we just have to keep the upward progress going to just keep on improving education and house So I can't wait to read the article.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we can't afford it. If you're gonna put money towards something and you get great results, and you get better educated children who might very well set up shop in Ohio and build successful businesses, isn't that better for us in the long run than throwing money in a lot of other stupid things. That was a rhetorical question there.
Speaker 1: And I think it's called our own money, isn't it, Brian.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is, Yes, it is all right. Now, I will admit my ignorance. I know about the War of eighteen twelve, but I don't really know much about how it got started. And I've always heard it had wildly could have had profound implications for the future of our country. But you know, just looking at your fact sheet that gives you a little insight into the seminar itself, which my listeners can find at Empower Youoamerica Dot org Man. And I had no idea it was a byproduct of the Napoleonic Wars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know that's the reason I'm doing the class. Brian. I didn't know anything about it, and it's such an interesting, interesting story of how close the nation actually came to falling apart. We had the Federalists, the people that wrote the constitution, people like Washington Adams, Hamilton, John Jay, and they were in mostly the New England States, and their opposition was the Republican Party, which was later to become the Democratic Party. I know, that's kind of confusing. And they had people like Thomas Jefferson, who our third president who broke away, and then James Madison, which really this war all revolves around. It was called by many mister Madison's War, and people like John Calhoun and Henry Clay. And what really happened was this is all about britt Great Britain. Forgetting that we won the Revolutionary War and that we were a sovereign nation. We started doing things to us in the seas to really really interfere with interfere with the state. The biggest thing they did was called impressment, where they would board our boats and they would try to look for deserted British soldiers and they would actually take our people and make them and put them on their boats and make them work for them. There were ten about ten thousand US American citizens that ended up on British boats. And then they started they came out. Britain was always at war with France, and we were kind of friendly with France for them. This goes back into my history days. In eighteen o three we got the Louisiana purchase from the French, which was a huge squath of land west of Indiana eight hundred thousand I think square miles. But Britain hated France and was in war with them. And Britain came out and said, anybody, we're going to put rules nobody can trade with France. And that kind of series of events led us to eventually declare war. And Madison really had had two goals. He wanted to expand the physical territory to gain more open markets, and he wanted to expand our trading opportunities. And in the first place, the war was really fought on three fronts Canada. So maybe Trump might want to revisit this because this was the first time we invaded Canada or wanted to take it over, and it was just a miserable failure. We tried three times to invade Canada. We had bad generals, they hadn't ever had to travel to fight, which was new to them, and we just we it was just just just a complete failure. And one of the interesting things about this whole war was our involvement with the Native Americans. There was a battle of type Canoe in eighteen eleven and that Tecumso was involved in. And Tecumso is really and his tribes, the Indian tribes were really irated the Americans because we kept taking over their territory like Indiana, Illinois, Ohio. And uh, he was enraged also we had killed his father and because of that, Tecumpsa decided to bring all the Indians in with Britain to fight against us.
Speaker 2: Wow, it was you know. That's one thing I learned from Peter Brownson with his book is that the British would work with the Indians to attack the American settlers and kidnap them and otherwise, you know, or otherwise just kill them, sort of like a bounty system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and and and and the Indians they had no they had no arms, they had no way to get armed, so they got all their arms from Britain. But but they really, uh, they were savage. Is you know, you've probably heard and they they they they really when they would win a battle, they would they would just do terrible things things like put our foot bodies on steaks, and when our soldiers would come in and find them, it would just infuriate them. And really it had repercussions way after the War of eighteen twelve, where a lot of our generals who fought in this war just just didn't really despise the native of Native American Indians. But you know, there were several kind of heroes that came out of the war and names I know but didn't know very well. First was William Henry Harrison, our ninth president. He went down to he was very successful in in fighting at the Battle of Tippecanoe when to come so got involved and several other battles. Andrew Jackson, our seventh president, went down to the south of the United States, which was another front where he fought the Red Sticks in what was known as the Creek War. And and really the star of this whole of the whole battle was was a surprise as it was our navy. Here we were this young country. Could we build ships and we really we We would just take little merchant ships, fit them with small guns, and we were able to run circles around the British out in the Atlantic Ocean because the British they were fighting France, they couldn't maintain their boats. Their boats were all broken down, and we had several huge winds on the seas. But this whole war, this whole time, the Federalists and the Republicans were fighting about it, and and a lot of states who were federal estates they wouldn't send soldiers to fight outside their states. So these we'd have these hundreds of little battles that would come up with no soldiers, and some we would take stab terrible losses on and uh. It was just one of the reasons that it's been really called one of the most unpopular wars of our time.
Speaker 2: So were we still fighting like as in the Revolutionary were like with militias. I mean, we have really an organized is American military, like Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines.
Speaker 1: Did we No, we'd have to go to the little We'd have to the states. Would the states kind of in some ways ruled the federal government. If there was a war, we'd have to go to the governor of that state and say, well, you send us some troops, and the governor, if he was a Federalist, might say no, and there were national efforts to come up. They called it a conscription plan, which was kind of a way that the states would each have to send so many soldiers to war, but we were never able. The goal was to have fifty thousand soldiers. Remember we only had The nation only had five point three million people at the time, and the largest employer, Da da da Dada was the US Post Office. Brian, the executive branch of the government only had one hundred and three people. Wow, this kind of music to music to your ears earlier.
Speaker 2: And we managed to survive fight off of war and bill ourselves as a nation with such a small kinds of traded government.
Speaker 1: Amazing And we didn't we didn't even need Elon Musk to do it.
Speaker 2: We did. But uh, you would have to fight anything to cut back then there was.
Speaker 1: There wasn't much. That's yeah, small government, what can we say about that. But anyway, so this this whole battle between these two parties came on and and and really in eighteen fourteen, the Federalists tried to try to create a move to succeed from the nation and they were viewed as such extreme extremists at that point in time. By eighteen sixteen, the Federalists had fallen apart, and really it just became the Republican Party and soon to be called the Democratic Party, and later on a party called the Whigs would would would be formed. But the war was just just uh, hundreds of battles between between you know, groups of five hundred or a thousand soldiers and and and they would just they would just fight until they were you know, until they had run out. But thanks to a couple of great leaders like William Henry Harris and Andrew Jackson our navy, we were able to we were able at least not to lose. Because the thing about this whole war is what would have happened if we lost Brian.
Speaker 2: Well, sounds like we would have come back under British control.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, and and and that's kind of why I think it's a good lesson to learn, and that's why I'm I'm excited to teach about it tomorrow night at the empower You session.
Speaker 2: Well and something that I've learned today, Again, I knew very little about it. This wasn't a war like that I think of like that, you know, the Western Front when you think about World War One or there wasn't like a line over which people were fighting. This seemed to be this seems to be like something that was pretty much going on literally anywhere.
Speaker 1: It was. It was really all around what were the United States at that point in time. And remember at that point in time, Florida was was was Spanish owned, and you know, the Spanish people were fighting this kind of up north when we had this Creek uh Creek war with the with with the with the Native Native Americans and uh and yeah, yeah, there's a great story where it to come that the Creek Indians liked, liked the American life. They didn't want to become a part of this this war, but to come Set traveled down to the south to meet with the Creek Indians and and and he met with fifty thousand Indians at the time and convinced them they're taking away all our land. You can't accept this. You've got to come and and help the Indian tribes. And they did. And it was just a terribly messy war with with the Native Americans and something. You know, I've heard about Native Americans and the Indians of my whole life, but I never really understood how they fit into history. But but but I do now, and uh and and you know, there were all these little forts all around. I'm from Fort Wayne, Indiana, and uh, you know, and and and and I had I've heard about all these little forts, but they were so important because in the case the Native Americans, since they didn't have the weaponry, they couldn't they couldn't break the barriers of the forts, and they were just it was so helpful in our efforts.
Speaker 2: Wow, well, I've certainly learned a lot in our brief period of time. This morning and of course tomorrow evening, geting at seven pm, you two can log in or show up at the three hundred Great Oaks Drive and Power You Studio at Scarlett Oaks and here Dan live and in person. Empower You America dot org is the place to register whether you're going to show up in person or want to log in from home. Dan, I know it's going to be a fascinating discussion. I know you do always do a really great job studying up on it and getting all the information out, So I appreciate your efforts in that regard, and thanks for providing me with a lot more. I think I know more about the War of eighteen twelve. Now after this discussion that I could have put together on my own before. That's for sure. Dan, appreciate it, man, I really do.
Speaker 1: Hey, we'd love to have anybody out there join us tomorrow night. You can watch it from your house and watch some of our other classes. Last night, Brian, last night we had Francis Martell talk about China. It was one of the most fascinating.
Speaker 2: All she's great.
Speaker 1: She just blowm she blew me away and people can go and empower you America dot org and watch her class and yeah, it's just we're so appreciative to you and executive producer Joe for helping get the word about empower you out. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Oh it's important what you're doing and fascinating and such a wide variety of the variety of topics. You do a great job in selecting the subject matter and lining up terrific speakers. So anything we can do here in the morning show, happy to do it. Dan Raganeld, God bless you sir. Have a great week and enjoy doing the.
Speaker 1: Seminar to our night you too, Thanks Brian.
Speaker 2: Thanks brother eight twenty one right now at five kcy the Dook station. Jason Williams from the Inquiry County and Bengals Stadium Funding. He'll join us at the bottom of the hour. Get ready to gird your loins. We are going to be on the hook just scratching the surface on how much at this point in time. First though, USA it's premium phone to save you money. It's all about saving money and improving the comfort of your own home. And you'll the only regret you're ever going to have when you get USA's foam injected into the exterier walls of your house is that darn it? Why didn't I do this sooner? I've had lots of listeners tell me that over the years. So have your home inspected for free and get a free quote inspection. If you know your house has no insulation in the exterior walls, then you know it should be a pretty quick inspection. If your house is built before the mid seventies and it doesn't have anything in there, and it probably won't fill it with the foam foam made here in Ohio, no supply chain issues with that. Your house may be under insulated. If it was built after the mid seventies, Maybe have an R twelve and there that deteriorates over the time and lose some of its insulative capacity your ability. So add the foam to the old and improve dramatically the comfort and energy efficiency of your home. You'll notice it when you get your energy built, for sure, because you're going to save some really sizable amounts of money, and it probably enough to cover the cost, which is only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. That sale is still going on, So for ninety nine bucks a month interest free, you probably save as much as that. You'll end up paying for it, and you continue to enjoy the comfort and savings. So it's a great product. Three eight one three six two six three eight one fun twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit coming your way next year when you're doing your taxes. When you do what you should do anyway, and that's save money and improve your comfort. Learn more online check out the website usainsallation dot net.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: For more