Speaker 1: It is here the seventh and final day of Halloween Week, which means it.
Speaker 2: Is at last all hallows Eve.
Speaker 1: I am Jacko, and I have been your master of ceremonies through these past few days and through these terrifying tales. But today your hosts have saved the most shocking tale for last. So without further ado, ladies, gentlemen, Theys and Dams, let me introduce you to the hosts of Wicked and Grin, the ones who will take you through the eerie history of the infamous location known as Star Dust Ranch. Here they are for the final day of Halloween Week.
Speaker 3: Ben and Nickole, Happy Halloween, Happy Halloween.
Speaker 2: The day is here, day seven of Halloween Week, and it's Halloween Day. Yeah, we're curious what you guys are doing for Halloween. Make sure you like send us a message or whatever we want to know. But we are for sure just sitting back having some drinks and of course stop talking about Star Dust Ranch.
Speaker 3: We sure are having some drinks and later gonna have some pizza.
Speaker 2: I think, is that what we're doing? We are doing pizza.
Speaker 3: I'll do it. Why not?
Speaker 2: Sweet?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: It's a day to celebrate, it is, it is honestly, in my opinion, the best day of the year.
Speaker 3: Really, it is.
Speaker 2: Name a better day. Name it. Let's hear it.
Speaker 3: Anyone like you don't think your birthday is better?
Speaker 2: No, that's only celebrating me, not.
Speaker 3: A day that you get to go to a Canucks game.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's pretty cool. But Halloween, Halloween is always awesome. The Canucks ain't always awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. Yeah, we witnessed that last night. That was a doozy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they lost six nothing, They shit the bed. In their own words, it was embarrassing. So yeah and their own yeah, that was myers, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's funny because earlier I was like, that was embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we digressed. That's hockey. You're not here for hockey. You're here for some spooky, for some creepy, for some terrifying. And that is exactly what I guarantee you start us ranch has.
Speaker 3: So Okay, well, two things we got to talk about two things really really really quick. First of all, I do think we should be going for a walk in our skeleton one sees today because I just think we should, okay. And second of all, there was a comment and we should just say we won't be putting an outer an episode on Friday like normally we put out episodes on Tuesday and Friday. But just because of Halloween Week and it was you know, seven days of episodes, our next episode will not be until Tuesday. So just so you guys are aware.
Speaker 2: Correct, otherwise that would be like eight days. Yeah, and it's just yeah, Tuesday, We're coming back Tuesday. And since we didn't announce any patreons throughout Halloween Week, Tuesday, we will be catching up and announcing all of you guys who have subscribed in the past few days. We'll be announcing you guys on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: If you do want to carry on listening to this Halloween Week, we do have three more episodes, one today, once more on one the next day. That's going to be going up on Patreon exactly. So if you're like, I'm not done yet, you could sign up on there if you want it. I have no pressure obviously.
Speaker 2: And when you sign up, there's a huge back library of all of our episodes because Patreon gets an extra episode each month, and these three are yeah, basically a continuation of Halloween Week. We didn't get an episode up last month because we were a bit busy with our move, so we are making it up with an extra episode which is extending Halloween week. Long story short, So there you go. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're ready for this one, though.
Speaker 2: Are you ready for this one?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 2: You think so?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 2: So okay, Well, make sure that you and I are both topped up on our glasses. We are drinking wine right now. Feel free to pour a drink for yourself. If you're not an alcoholic person. Wow, not an alco I'm not saying you're an alcoholic. If you're not drinking or indulging in alcohol, feel free to pour any drink you like. You worded that so terribly horrifically honestly, sit down, have a drink with us. Have a drink with us means you enjoy a drink of your.
Speaker 3: Choosing glass, water, pop, whatever.
Speaker 2: The only thing is I request that you make it a little more enjoyable. Make that water a little extra cooler, Put a straw in your pop. Those little things make it extra.
Speaker 3: Use the fancy glasses.
Speaker 2: There you go, use the fancy glasses. Okay, Well, today we are talking about Stardust Ranch and since childhood, the man by the name of John Edmunds dreamed of owning a ranch where he could provide a safe haven for animals. Now his love for canines and horses alike was boundless, and in nineteen ninety five, alongside his wife Joyce Edmunds, he made the vision a reality by purchasing a ranch, a sixteen hundred acre ranch. The couple aspired to create a serene life in the countryside running their animal rescue initiative, which they named Hopeful hoofs.
Speaker 3: Oh Man, that's a dream for me. I would love to have a little dog rescue of sorts.
Speaker 2: If you had a dog rescue, I guarantee you would probably be just husky rescue.
Speaker 3: Well, because I probably would just end up keeping all them, so probably it would have to be very niche, so that we didn't have a million in one dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most likely. Now I do want to I digress a little bit here, But there is a husky rescue I fall on Instagram and I love it, And that is one hundred percent something you would do.
Speaker 3: Oh, one hundred percent. I need to know the Yeah, I'll.
Speaker 2: Hook you up after this. But their ranch is located in Arizona in the United States, and John was previously a psychiatric therapist. He shifted to the ranch life full time when they purchased the property. He was determined to nurture this project, and Joyce, on the other hand, worked as an FBI agent. She was based in Phoenix, juggling her demanding job while supporting the shared dream. I mean, it was primarily John's dream. She didn't necessarily want to like do the ranching, but she understood, like, hey, caring for an animals and doing this rescue and rehabilitation will be amazing. So it was kind of a shared dream, but definitely heavier ended to be John's dream than hers. They had quite the job, so wow, oh they did, which I do want to clarify and point this out right now since we're on the topic. They're definitely what's the best way. They're credible people, credible individuals with good jobs, good education, that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably like a good network too, or like resources or whatever you want to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, So keep that in mind when we're talking about this story here today. Now. The rescue flourished under their care and eventually housed eight rescued rottweilers and a herd of nearly two dozen horses. Now this was only the beginning, right, but the ranch became a place of refuge, not just for the animals that they cared for, but also for visitors in need of emotional and therapeutic support as well, providing sessions for young people with disabilities or mental health challenges. And for a time, life seemed perfect on this ranch. However, that sense of peace was unfortunately fleeting. So when John and Joyce first arrived at Start and Stardust Ranch, they just purchased the property, right, They're just moving in, They just got the keys. They were met with an unsettling surprise. The previous owner had left nearly all of their belongings behind in the home, as if they had just up and abruptly left for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: John was quite puzzled and assumed it was simply an oversight. You know, maybe they got the keys earlier than the other people expected it, get to move out just yet, whatever, So he reached out to his realtorf for some clarification. The response he got back was a bit vague at first, but after some persuasion, the realtor managed to contact the former owners of the property, who agreed to return and gather up their belongings. Okay, So, wanting to avoid confrontation, John left to go to town to grab lunch. He basically gave the former resident space to come back, get their things and move on, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds really nice exactly.
Speaker 2: So Joyce at the time was at work in Phoenix, you know, doing her daily nine to five, so it was just John. He was alone that day, so he went to town. After about three hours of being away from the home and you know whatever, he returned expecting to see the house cleared out, but instead he was met with a very bizarre and infuriating site. Everything that once cluttered the new home that they just purchased was now instead tossed into the swimming pool outsides, which included heavy appliances.
Speaker 3: What the actual shit I would.
Speaker 2: Be frick living exactly. John was pissed. He was both confused and extremely frustrated and pissed.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, like he was being nice.
Speaker 2: Right, So he immediately called the realator back, being like he was. It's not the realtor's fault, but he was. He was pissed, right, Yeah. The realtor was was shocked as well, and honestly, he didn't believe John at first, so he made a trip to the property, took a look at the scene firsthand, and he's like, yeah, this is unacceptable. So he made some more phone calls, and the previous owners accused John of dumping their possessions in the pool out of spite. They alleged when they arrived everything was already tossed in the pool and ruined, so they were now refusing to return and retrieve the ruined items out of the pool.
Speaker 3: Okay, that is just like mind boggling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, John was baffled. He denied the claims that he did this to their property, and he asked for assistance in resolving the issues, like maybe we can just get it out together, let's just figure this out. But the family refused. They cut off contact and were never heard from again.
Speaker 3: Huh. So then he just had to deal with all the shit in the pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it took him a weekend, but he managed to clear throw out the pool by himself. Oh yeah, he's basically clearing out the remnants of another family's life just strewn on his own property.
Speaker 3: Which would not be easy. There, Like, heavy shit in a pool like that, I don't like, how would you even get that out.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm not certain if the pool was filled with water or if it was an empty pool. Okay, I'm assuming that there was water in the pool, because i mean, hey, ruined property and stuff, right, So now not only are you removing heavy things from a hollowed out pool, but you also have to drain your pool, care for your pool, and you have water saturated objects that are much heavier and fall apart well.
Speaker 3: Yeah and like, and you have to lift them out of the goddamn pool exactly.
Speaker 2: So he would have burned some calories that day there.
Speaker 3: For shit, he definitely deserves pizza, I think that, No.
Speaker 2: Kidding, I'm not sure if I'm going to earn it, but I'm still gonna eat it now at last, So John managed to get the job done and with the mesk on, the Edmunds said settled into their new home, unaware of this strange encounters that would only be the beginning and would only escalate from there. So on Monday morning, John found himself in the kitchen, still sorting through boxes and organizing their new home and new life. Midway through his task, he glanced out the window and he noticed a man approaching down the driveway of their home. The man's appearance caught John's attention immediately. He was weathered and rough looking, with the look of someone who might have once served in the military. So I'm assuming he's wearing some like maybe military barb or something. Right, and in one hand the man held a machete.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, I would just be terrified.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was well within the boundaries of their property as he was making his way down the driveway towards the house. Shit, so John immediately felt a need to protect himself, his property, and his wife. Yeah, and though I don't know exactly what he used, he had a gun and I'm assuming it was a pistol of some sort, and John stepped outside, prepared for whatever might come. Now, he did keep his defense discrete, trying to avoid escalating the situations, the most likely tucking it in the pocket or something.
Speaker 3: So didn't just run out of the host guns a.
Speaker 2: Blazon, definitely not so. As he moved closer, he saw the man was in worse shape than he initially thought. He was apparently reportedly bare chested, sun scorched, and very disheveled, looking as if though he had spent years exposed to the elements. Still, John didn't judge a book by its cover. He greeted him politely, saying, good afternoon, can help you with something now. The stranger's lips twisted in a strange grin and he responded with what are you doing here? John explained that he and his wife, Joyce had just purchased and moved into the property, and we're the new owners. And the man's expression changed only slightly as he spoke and referred to the names of the previous owners, showing that he knew them by name, and asserted that he watched over the property. Okay, so John was confused for a second, you know. He reiterated, well, they're gone now this place belongs to me. And the man's focus shifted as he pointed towards the back, towards the back the property, and he said, that's where I stay. And he pointed to a room on like one of the barns. And this was now where John's like storing saddles, and it was his tack room for the horses. And I guess that's where the man's saying he usually stayed there.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was like his house kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, John's unease grew. He made it clear that no one else was permitted to live on the property and firmly asked the man to leave. He's basically like, okay, well you may may have lived there, but we don't need any help. You know what, Like, you don't live there anymore. We own the property, right, fair enough? Yeah, So the stranger he locked eyes with John and his tone darkened immediately. He wasn't aggressive, he wasn't challenging John, but he just simply said, you'll wish I was here. And he's like, you're going to be sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. I feel like John is probably like, what the shit did I just purchase?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, buyer's remorse for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, John was deaf taken aback at least by this statement. He's like, well, what do you mean by that? Yeah, and the man said, quote, there are monsters here and I get rid of them.
Speaker 3: Well, oh no, okay.
Speaker 2: That's what this disheveled man with a machete in his hand just said. John thought this man must be unstable, or he may be under the influence or something. Either way, he had to leave, and the the man didn't. He didn't resist or anything after that, He just simply watched as the man finally turned and walked back down the driveway. It kind of crossed John's mind that the previous owners might have allowed this man to stay, potentially out of fear of him, you know what he may be capable of, or possibly even pity. You know, maybe this deranged guy, this local guy, and you know what, we're giving him a place to stay or purpose. Yeah, watch over and take care of the monsters, you know who knows?
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, so he got yeah, he was able to kind of like make up a story about this in this yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and John sitting here thinking, he's like, well, whatever the situation, it's still unsettling. We can't have a ranged person, or we can't have someone staying in a property that we don't know. We can't do this. Well yeah, but the day that that man walked off the property, he never bothered John again. He never returned, but his words would stick in John's mind because strange events at Stardus Ranch were only escalating from.
Speaker 3: Here, and his words were basically like that monsters live here.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah, He's like, I take care of the property. There are monsters that live here and I take care of them, I kill them.
Speaker 3: That is unsettling.
Speaker 2: So how do you feel after this, because that's basically the introduction to this story.
Speaker 3: I mean I was thinking, like I said, buyer's remorse. He may have some of that.
Speaker 2: Well, if you think he has buyer's remorse, just buckle up here, Just buckle up, because if he doesn't have it yet, he will.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Long after settling into the new life life at the ranch, John and Joyce decided to enjoy an evening out in Phoenix, treating themselves to a movie at a local theater. The drive home under the starlet sky felt very peaceful. You know, this is their life away from it, all right, and they were just at the city. They were enjoying a city night life. But now they get to drive back to peace, to quiet, and the stars in the sky just were the cherry on top.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that sounds lovely.
Speaker 2: But then as they opponent approached their property, that's when they both spotted a cluster of strange glowing orbs in the sky on the south end of the property. The lights danced in erratic patterns, appearing to vanish, as though they were performing some sort of coordinated routine, almost, and they noted that the orbs were a vivid orange and moved with speeds far greater than any craft. That they knew something that planes or aircrafts or helicopters could not perform with our technology today. They did consider a nearby air force base as potential explanations. But these nights or these lights were doing things unexplained, and they were noiseless, unlike any conventional planes. They could have come to mind right three months into their stay at the ranch, Joyce found herself increasingly apprehensive about their decision to move and to purchase his place, a feeling compounded by John's unusual behavior. He was once very even tempered, but now he seemed perpetually on edge, often complaining about items mysteriously going missing or inexplicably turning up in wrong places. At first, Joyce dismissed all these concerns, attributing them to just stress of the move or managing the now sprawling property, because this is a new endeavor, right, There's a lot going on, not only you know, with with their lives, but mental and physical right well, and so much learning too, I imagine. But his frustrations only grew as he observed strange occurrences when Joyce was at work. John's complaints soon included tales of electrical devices malfunctioning without cause, flickering on and off without any sort of warning whatsoever. The situation just was strange. It puzzled him, and especially after electrical tests were done. They had an electricians show up and actually inspect everything, and test showed everything to be in perfect working order. Yeah. Now, one evening, Joyce herself even witnessed this phenomena firsthand. Just as they were preparing to sleep, the television abruptly turned on, soon followed by the radio as well. This was not a one time event, though, and even the animals in the ranch began to show signs of anxiety. The dogs barked incessantly, and the horses appeared very jumpy, with their ears pinned back in agitation. As things continued, John and Joyce began to question whether they might be there might be a rational explanation out there for all of this. They thought, maybe, you know what, carbon monoxide poisoning might be responsible for odd experiences or hallucinations. Right, Maybe they're seeing things and there's a legitimate answer for why they're seeing things.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they're like stepping back in like pretty logical about this really.
Speaker 2: Which brings us back to their very you know, respectable people they have. They have titles that like not only are they, you know, sound of mind, but they're they're educated individuals. Right. Yeah, so they they did their due diligence in actually, like you say, stepping back and thinking about it logically. But after comprehensive safety checks, including inspection of gas lines, these suspicions were put to rest because everything came back clear. John had also arranged for a local phone company to come and install a landline at one point, but even this simple mundane thing, you know, a scheduling an appointment for someone to come out, plug in a phone and run some wire, it became complicated and strange. The worker failed up to show twice despite confirming appointments, and when they finally arrived in the third attempt, John noticed the technicians seemed very hesitant to leave the truck. The Edmunds rottweilers barked furiously from in the home when a stranger arrived from the driveway, right, but John reassured the worker they were secured. They're they're all good right, don't worry about them, they're locked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dogs spark exactly.
Speaker 2: The man, though, with an uneasy expression, muttered, it's not the dogs I'm worried about.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, So he had some history here exactly, perhaps yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, John right away is like what do you mean? And he asked, you know, kind of like this question, half expecting an explanation. But the technician's response or the explanation that he did give, was sobering for John, and he's like, haven't you heard about your house? Yeah? John was like, what do you mean. He's like, it's a big, beautiful house out in the middle of nowhere, Like, it's gorgeous property. What are you talking about. The man didn't laugh, though, despite John trying to laugh it off and be like it's a great place.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: With a grave tone, he told him about the original owner, who had bought the land as a grand gesture for his wife. Originally, as the story went, she had refused to live there, claiming there was a dark presence of sorts, a dark energy or an oppressive presence within its walls. More chilling. Later on, the residents were said to have experienced their own tragedy as their son passed away under mysterious circumstances on the property, and that's when the grief stricken parents were unable to stay any longer and sold the property, which is when it changed hands and John and his wife became the new owners.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the people that John believed like through all their shit in the pool was them, Yes, Okay.
Speaker 2: It was then that John finally began to understand just how deep the shadows at Stardust Ranch trupan. These experiences that they were, you know, just starting to experience didn't seem to just be for them. If the previous owners saying that there's something dark and oppressive or energies whatever and refused to live in its walls, that means it's not just you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's so scary and so sad too, because I mean, like, you put money into this, right, like.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. Yeah, not only is it money, it's energy. Dream, it's a dreams. There's so much mental things that go along with trying to live out a dream and that dream being crushed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably the worst of it really.
Speaker 2: Now. One morning, as John Edmonds followed his usual routine of feeding eight Rottweilers. He noticed something. One of the dogs was missing. There was only seven dogs there. The animals were always secured overnight, but for some reason, one was gone. John searched the property, scouring every corner until he stumbled upon a site that sent chills down his spine.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Please snow the remains of the missing dog, frick. What he saw was bizarre and he couldn't make sense of it. The body of the dog appeared to be crushed, almost as if flattened by a steam roller or something, but there were no signs of what could have done this to the dog anywhere. John stood there, stunned over the dog's remains, unable to process the scene, and he also noticed that the ground surrounding the dog was dry and eerily free of any bodily fluids from the animal.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, and yeah, if you're crushing, you know, a living thing, it's.
Speaker 2: Probably going to be a kin to a tube of toothpaste.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, then seriously, you just went there.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but that means like things spill out. You don't know, I know, but there was nothing spilled out. Even more unsettling was the fact that none of the other dogs had barked during the night, a behavior John was sure would have alerted them if there was a disturbance. M He had questions in his mind. He's like, how did the dog get out? Maybe he overlooked the dog when he was like putting them all away for the night. Maybe he only put away seven. This one was out. But the scenario still made no sense. Nothing made sense. This incident, as John and later recounted, marked a turning point for him. It felt from there on as if though something or someone was actively trying to sabotage not just their peace, but their safety for them and their animals on the property as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and these are like rescued animals, so like fuck off.
Speaker 2: Right, as if they haven't had a hard enough Yeah so far?
Speaker 3: Like that just pisses me right off now.
Speaker 2: John also started to notice unexplained marks on the bodies of the horses, almost as if they had been lightly cut by an extremely sharp object, Yet there was no signs of intruders or predatory attacks or anything. The mystery deepened even further when John and Joyce themselves found similar marks in their own bodies when they woke up in the morning. With no memory of how they got them. Around this time, they both began seeing more and more of these strange luminous orbs in the sky, the same ones they'd seen on that first month, you know, months prior that first time when they saw him dancing above the southern fields. The lights now appeared closer to the ground, though moving in ways that defied logic. Once again, John often mistook them for trespassers with flashlights along the property, and he would head outside to confront them. Yet every time he did so, the lights would vanish or zoomed away at impossible speeds, either darting along the ground or ascending directly into the sky. It's impossible for someone with a flashlight to those Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When John struggled to make sense of it, Joyce's on ease turned into outright fear. She began urging him to consider leaving the property, selling it, whatever they had to do, feeling that whatever was happening at Stardus's ranch was unnatural. But John he remained solid. He this was their ranch. He wasn't going to be driven away by lights. He was determined to hold his ground. So for a long time, they both chose to keep their experiences to themselves. They knew that people would think that if they began talking about this, no one's gonna believe them. They're going to think they're they're crazy or whatever. Right, But john silence finally broke when the situation escalated.
Speaker 3: Well, I just have to say, too, that's so lonely, hey, to just be like bottling that all up and having to keep it all to yourself and stuff.
Speaker 2: Right now, the unsettling incidents involving the animals became severe. John began to find the remains of his horses scattered across the property. Though these bodies differed from what he had seen before. They weren't crushed, but their condition was equally disturbing. Organs like eyes and tongues had been meticulously removed, and John suspected that internal organs were missing as well. The precision of these injuries baffled him. There were no claw marks or signs of predators, only clean, surgical like cuts. O.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, that's really fucked up.
Speaker 2: On more than one occasion, John discovered that a horse had simply disappeared without a trace. There were no signs of a struggle, there were no remains left behind, just an empty stall.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh that okay though, no, this is just pissing me off here.
Speaker 2: I think you might need to fill up your glass of wine a little more.
Speaker 3: Oh seriously, is it just gonna keep going here?
Speaker 2: Oh? We just getting started?
Speaker 3: Oh man, okay.
Speaker 2: But we are done with the animals. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So John search for logical answers continued to take up his every waking thought, But logic came to an abrupt end one morning when he walked to the horse paddock and noticed something truly disturbing. Several of the heavy metal fence panels that lined around the property, each weighing around one hundred pounds, were bent as if they were made of soft wire. He stood there, staring at the twisted metal and struggled to comprehend what could have caused this metal to bend like this. If it were machinery, he would have seen it, or there would be tracks left behind, but there were none. None of his animals could have done it. Even the local livestock board was at a loss. Because he finally approached someone and spoke of some of this, they confirmed not only was his horses or anything not capable of this, but there was no known predator in the area which could provide this sort of incident to occur.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine just waking up every day and being like, what the fuck's gonna happen today?
Speaker 2: Right? I can't imagine, Like that is just horrible. I mean I do feel like we kind of live like that a little bit, but it's mostly because, like, you know, work people that sort of stuff. This is like a whole new level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's more like what kind of shit? Yeah, like what kind of awful shit's gonna happen to You're just like preparing yourself.
Speaker 2: How can my mind be blown? And how can I be confused as fuck? Today?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, well that.
Speaker 2: Also sounds like some jobs I've had before.
Speaker 3: Okay, so maybe this is just a normal day in everyone's life.
Speaker 2: Enough, yeah, okay. Now, as the weeks did turn into months, John began to feel an unsettling presence around his house, a gnawing paranoia that someone or something was why him and Joyce. The sensation actually became so oppressive that John even avoided showering because he was convinced that he was never truly alone. Holy He once again kept these fears to himself, though not only from like other people, but he also kind of hid this from Joyce Little Yeah, because he didn't want to scare her any more than she already were right. But it was up for John to decide, and that's the choice he made. However, he didn't have every choice. He didn't have every decision, He didn't have much control because soon the unexplained activity would take a much darker turn once again. One night, after Joyce had fallen asleep beside him, John laid awake in bed, unable to shake that sensation that someone was watching him, that eyes were on him. He sat up and he stared around the dimly lit room with that feeling of being watched. When all of a sudden, his eyes focused on something the darkness. He saw three shadowy figures gliding across the walls of the room.
Speaker 3: Oh Man.
Speaker 2: A wave of dread paralyzed him, rooting him to the bed for a moment, but summing up the courage, he managed to reach for a baseball bat that he kept beside the bed, and just as his fingers wrapped around the handle, something cold and clay brushed up against his arm. He managed to wrap his hands around that bat firmly, and panic surged through him as he gripped it, and he began to swing at the intruder. His eyes fixed on the shape in the dim light. It was a small gray figure with large, bulbous eyes, and the bat in John's hand struck that figure, and he continued to swing it repeatedly. After he struck it for the third time, the figure let out a low hissing sound and vanished along with the others.
Speaker 3: And meanwhile, his wife is just sleep we'll probably awake.
Speaker 2: At this point, gasping for breath, John grabbed John, dropped the bat and shook Joyce awake. Oh geez, yeah, shouting that he now understood what was terrorizing them and their animals, which, of course, as we can all assume, is extraterrestrious. Okay, well, a, that whole scene is just something out of a fucking nightmare.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it makes me get a headache here. But also the fact that Joyce sleeps that well is mind blowing to me.
Speaker 2: Was she sleeping though? Mm?
Speaker 3: They could have had like control over that.
Speaker 2: Potentially, hey, potentially we'll touch them here in a little bit. Okay, So John described the creatures as standing roughly four feet tall, with elongated limbs and eyes that were dark and bulging. Although the initial encounter left him shaken, it was far from the last one he would have. In fact, sightings of the gray figures would only increase. Both John and Joyce started seeing them more and more frequently, appearing briefly at night in their room and even during the day around the ranch. The unsettling visits forced John On to arm himself, constantly carrying a weapon with him for protection wherever he went. He even discharged his weapon for warning shots and several occasions to scare them off. John was convinced these beings were responsible for the strange marks on him, Joyce, and the animals. Now. One night, in a moment of defiance, he confronted them directly, asking them, why are you here, Why are you invading our home? Why are you harming us? He demanded an answer, but silence. There was nothing that came back from them.
Speaker 3: This man is I almost feel like he's just like a legend, because I would be like just long gone at this point.
Speaker 2: I feel like fair enough, I would have probably ran.
Speaker 3: And now he's just actually like confronting them and asking them what the shit they're doing?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Bet you're right about now he's understanding that guy with the machete and saying there's moms.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the visits were relentless and invasive. They occurred up to three times a week, always with beings appearing in a group of three. Feeling that the baseball bat that he held beside his bed was insufficient at this point, John decided to replace it with a blade, a sword instead. This is what he used to protect their home at night, also with his I'm assuming pistol by his.
Speaker 3: Side man and also never ever getting a wink asleep again.
Speaker 2: Exactly now one evening as dah as dusk fell across the ranch, John found himself heading to the kitchen when an unsettling scene unfolded. He saw three small gray figures moving inside the house. His Rottwilers had sent them two and their fierce barking began, and this whole chaotic moment unraveled. John ran and grabbed the sword and he struck one of these beings. As before, when John struck the being, it disappeared. However, now with it being a blade that he held in his hand, he the flesh of this being, and there were remnants that did not vanish that stayed on the blade. Oh boy, there was a piece of tissue from its flesh stuck to the tip. After this encounter finished, John was unsure what to do, but he did take this strange piece of tissue and placed it in a glass jar and stored it in the freezer. Now, at the time, like he didn't know what to do with it.
Speaker 3: Well, I know, it's just like so funny when you don't do with anything, you just put.
Speaker 2: It in your freezer. Yeah, But at the time John was working as a producer for a radio station as well as doing the ranch stuff right, And through this he was introduced, like through a friend of a friend of a friend, kind of situation, to a biophysicist by the name of doctor Len Good. Though initially skeptical, doctor Good expressed interest and agreed to analyze this tissue sample that John had collected. So John shipped the tissue sample to him. Three months doctor could. Doctor Good called back with an electrifying tone in his voice, and he said, quote, you have the smoking gun. This is undeniable evidence of non human visitation.
Speaker 3: Really, yes, holy shit.
Speaker 2: He explained, that the sample contained segmented fibers reminiscent of plant structures, but unlike anything he's seen in blood. It was, according to him, composed almost entirely of hemoglobin and an anomaly that defied explanation. It was not of this fucking world or anything we know to be on this planet.
Speaker 3: Huh wow.
Speaker 2: John was shocked. Well, yeah, this was it. He and his wife had scientifically backed evidence to prove that what was happening at their ranch was real.
Speaker 1: M h.
Speaker 2: But things took a turn when, all of a sudden in the following days, doctor Good abruptly ceased all contact with John. Any attempts John made to reach out to him went unanswered, and later John learned that doctor Good passed away on September twenty eighth, twenty thirteen, at the age of eighty eight, reportedly from a head injury after a fall in his lab. Doctor Good's wife also passed away a few weeks later, and the sample that he sent to doctor Good was never seen again.
Speaker 3: No, yes, oh, holy crap.
Speaker 2: Yes, doctor Good is a real person. Yes, doctor Good is. There's a paper trail of their connection, their conversation. There is you know, like he was a person that died from a head injury in his lab.
Speaker 3: Huh okay, I don't even know what the hell to say.
Speaker 2: That is just fucking wha.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's beyond fucked that.
Speaker 2: When I heard that, I honestly I was like you, I was speechless. I didn't know what to say or what to think. You have the smoking gun. This is the what was the quote? Let me scroll back and see you have the smoking gun. This is undeniable evidence of non human visitation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then just basically it disappears and they're dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, that makes you just feel a little bit sick too, right really now.
Speaker 2: Not long after, John and his friend were outside in the ranch when a black suv pulled up. Two men dressed in black suits.
Speaker 3: The men in black there.
Speaker 2: You go, emerged and walked up to the seven foot tall locked gate at the end of the driveway without pausing. They were reportedly appeared to walk straight through the fucking gate.
Speaker 3: What the actual shit. I didn't think the men in black thing was legit.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of reported cases the men in black.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I'm done.
Speaker 2: So John and his friend were obviously fucking terrified. Oh man, and they retreated, but the men managed to approach and they got within ten feet and John said they looked weird, tall, pale, and he demanded to see their identification, accusing them of trespassing on his property. They ignored him, and they told John to stop talking about the craft he had seen on his property. John once again demanded for id The men, unfazed, ignored it and turned and walked back again through the gate before driving off. Now, the craft John had seen and often spoke about, was said to be massive, around one hundred feet in diameter, and frequently hoped over the ranch. This encounter, coupled with all the escalating incidents, made John fear for his safety, prompting him to share his story publicly. Finally, so we will talk about that craft in an incident, a specific incident here in a bit.
Speaker 3: But I cannot, you know, I'm just sitting here just like amaze that they're they're still there. Right wow.
Speaker 2: So John appeared on various radio shows, including Coast to Coast AM, hoping that being vocal would protect him if anything were to happen to him. Right okay, yeah, basically saying like go ahead and off me or whatever, like it's going to be a public thing because of what I'm announcing.
Speaker 3: Now, right.
Speaker 2: So Joyce, however, she chose to stay out of the spotlight and declined any interview requests, so it was just John who was the one who was coming forward. Throughout their time at Startus Ranch, the Edmunds reported numerous incidents of paralysis, during which they felt trapped, unable to move or call for help. Joyce experienced these episodes more frequently than John, but he felt that he had marked or so he felt that she had been marked by these entities. He was as well, but her maybe a little more right so, John described sudden, excruciating pain and a crushing sensation followed by a mysterious indentation on his left leg. Both he and Joyce would often wake up with unexplained puncture marks and bruises on their inner thighs, abdomens, and chest. They also reported triangular impressions in their skin and describe their symptoms as akin to radiation exposure, their skin peeling and tingling, as if though affected by an unseen force. According to John, Joyce repeatedly levitated on multiple occasions in the middle of the night. The first time it happened. John was shocked to find her hovering in the air, still fast asleep. He tried calling out to her to wake up, but she remained deep in asleep as suspended above the bed. Only when he reached out and grabbed on to her shoulder and shouted, did she finally open her eyes, and she fell abruptly back to the bed without a word, drifting right back to sleep, and she had no memory of what transpired. Each time this phenomenon occurred, Joyce awoke with no recollection of levitating. One night, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Sitting here, just like wrecked. I don't even know what to do.
Speaker 2: I've noticed, I've noticed now. One night, John witnessed something even more unsettling. Joyce levitating as I've already described, and she began moving towards the wall and then began to pass through it as if it weren't solid and weren't even there. Panicking, John tried to grab her ankles in an attempt to pull her back, but it was to no avail, and determined to not let her vanish, she ran around outside the front door and out to take a look at where she was, and watched helplessly as she was drawn towards a metallic craft that hovered above the ground. The object was roughly one hundred feet in diameter, the same one that we mentioned earlier. It radiated a bright blueish white light from its unders that seemed to be what was pulling Joyce towards it. Desperate John took the weapon that he held very closely, probably within his pocket as I said earlier, and as a final attempt, fired at the craft to try and save his wife. The action seemed to work, as Joyce was released, fell to the ground and woke up immediately, but this time she remembered everything. Despite how extraordinary and difficult these accounts are to believe, the Edmunds have stood by their claims, never wavering. The unusual activity on the ranch didn't let up. They reported regular sightings of men in dark suits who appeared to be monitoring them from a distance as events continue to unfold on their property.
Speaker 3: Kay, whoa, whoa, whoa, this shit just happened where she's like being almost taken. Yes, and they're still there. Holy shit, what's gonna make them leave? Uh? I mean I get that there's so much too lee thing, but.
Speaker 2: Geez yeah, so John, unfortunately passed away in February of twenty twenty two, leaving behind his wife Joyce.
Speaker 3: Was it natural or not? Yes, it was okay.
Speaker 2: Following his death, the ranch underwent some renovations and was listed for sale in April of twenty twenty three. As of now here, still in October of twenty twenty four, the beautiful sixteen hundred and forty point four six acre property remains on the market and can be yours if you want to purchase it for the price of nine point three million US dollars.
Speaker 3: I think that property could be a dollar and I still would be like, hell no.
Speaker 2: Really really why fairly?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: I mean why not?
Speaker 3: Well, look at the shit that these these people are going through living there. Though it's not like it seems like it doesn't seem like it's an enjoyable life.
Speaker 2: Is there any evidence of it? Yeah, that's what I thought. Many people say that it's you know, it could be a story that's made up potentially to try and earn publicity, attention, money. Who knows.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know very little about them, but it doesn't necessarily seem like they're those kind of people.
Speaker 2: They don't seem like it. No, but there are three scenarios here. There is that one that I just mentioned that they made it up for whatever reason. There's a scenario where they're not making it up, but it still doesn't exist. So some people think like sleep paralysis hallucinations and stuff and sleep or whatever. Right, sleep paralysis can do a lot of people. They can't move in bed at night, They report seeing shadowy figures, just like John had expressed, having horrific nightmares, just like John expressed, but maybe he doesn't believe their nightmares he thought they were real. Or finally, this all actually fucking happened and there's no proof and the only proof that there was went down with the doctor.
Speaker 3: And they haven't been able to get that again.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 3: Whoa, This is a case and a half because I don't normally like believe in this sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Hey, so this is well, do you believe in this one kind of kind of It's hard not to.
Speaker 3: It is hard not to. Huh, ding dang.
Speaker 2: We need a shirt that just says ding dang, ding dang, which actually reminds me. We are doing a whole new merch lineup. We are going to release it this Halloween week. We're a little bit behind so in the coming weeks, one or two weeks away, we will have a whole new merch out there. We'll be getting rid of a bunch of merch and then new stuff coming in. So just while I remembered it, So.
Speaker 3: How can you even function right now? For me to put a sentence together right now is just not happening. My mind is just in a million pieces.
Speaker 2: I saved this one for Halloween Day on purpose.
Speaker 3: Well, like people who are maybe like listening to an earbud while they're going trick or treating or something with their kids are just going to be like wrecked if.
Speaker 2: They see a kid run up in like an alien outfit, like a gray suit or something. Oh, just punch it in the head. Ah, like you know, yeah, not saying like that, you should as a reaction, like you know, just being terrified. Jeez yept don't hit kids.
Speaker 3: No, this is unreal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's the story of Stardust Ranch. And honestly, you can go deeper into this really well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the fact like I mean it's been but it's been for sale for quite some time, and I mean do people know people probably know about it. You don't divulge that, right.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I think, why would you have to divulge anything. I guess divulge what there's no proof of shit?
Speaker 3: But I thought, if like weird shit's going down or anything weird happened on your property, like you're supposed to divulge that.
Speaker 2: But there's no I prove. Okay, I've had an alien encounter. Aliens don't exist, I've had a ghostly encounter. Ghost don't exist. Why would you have to divulge that. There's nowhere in any sort of human history that we as far as I'm aware, that's been released to public because who knows government stuff where we acknowledge the existence of ghosts or aliens. I think there was something released earlier this year that said something potentially about extraterrestrials. I don't think that was still confirming technically, I'm gonna assume that's out. But anyways, you know what I'm saying. Now, there have been there's been books written about this place, there's documentaries about this place. There's been ghost hunters that have gone there that actually believe there's there's hauntings involved in the property as well, not just extraterrestrial because I mean, hey, we do have a the previous owners had a kid who passed away in.
Speaker 3: Rights, right, Yeah, but it's just so sad. This place just like ruined John's dream and like a damn good dream too, you know to no kidding, so animal to have an animal rescue.
Speaker 2: Is like it's pure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's just it's just kind of it's frustrating and kind of sad. Yeah too, Like freg, I'm not going to be stopped being able to stop thinking about the ship all day.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, thanks being on the fucking Halloween Wow. Hopefully you guys are having a good Halloween. Hopefully you guys enjoyed Halloween Week. We certainly did. I'm just a reminder Nicole mentioned at the beginning we will not be coming up with an episode tomorrow, which is Friday. It's the following Tuesday in November where we will be coming out with our next episode. So yeah, I'm just a reminder of that.
Speaker 3: Well well done this Halloween Week.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I did good. Couldn't have done it without you?
Speaker 3: Well, that's debatable.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. I'm sorry, No, it's not, that's what I meant to say.
Speaker 3: I just okay, normally, like I would be doing I would be doing some but I also this is like the busiest time for me, and we're also moving, so it's just like if we weren't like the moving. Just you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I understand wholeheartedly.
Speaker 3: There's only so much a person can do.
Speaker 2: Okay, next Halloween Week, you'll do it.
Speaker 3: I will do all of it.
Speaker 2: Episode next Halloween Week is all Nicole. I'm saying it now. Hell No, I will.
Speaker 3: Be doing an episode though in November, for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to hear good, I'm looking forward to that. Well. I think there's only one thing left to do, and that's to bring Jacko in to wrap this all.
Speaker 3: Up my heart, Yes, so do it.
Speaker 2: Cheers to Halloween. We yours, Cheers to Halloween. Cheers to you guys for being here. Thank you so much. You're incredible. And uh, Nicole, do you want to bring in Jacko?
Speaker 3: I don't. It's very sad, but you got to. We must, so come on in, Jacko.
Speaker 2: It seems like it was only yesterday that we first spoke, yet here we are, in all final moments of the fourth annual event. I do hope you enjoyed each tale and each episode from this Halloween Week. I certainly know that I have. Yet, for some reason, even though we had seven days together, the goodbye almost seems to overshadow it all. But as they say, it's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all. We here at wicked and grim, appreciate every single one of you for being here. But a new sun must rise, and as surely as it will when all Hallow's Eve has passed, so will we return once again next year for another Halloween Week. Ladies, gentlemen, Theays and M's. It has been my absolute pleasure to be your guide through this all. So until we meet again, I leave you with these final words, stay wicked,