Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to k if I am six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You can start the show.
Speaker 1: I mean I could start the show. You want me to start. See Fridays is when I kind of get ready for the Chargers game on the weekends.
Speaker 3: So get it everywhere on the radio app.
Speaker 1: It would be great to Gary and Shannon's show. Junior Colson recon heil in for Gary Hoffman, pivotal player during Michigan's national championship season, could see his first action after recovering from that appendix injury.
Speaker 3: Gary is shuttling, is spawned to some new place of education.
Speaker 1: Take all the uh, the good, good feely parts out of it is, take it right out of it. She's studying like Biochemtry things you don't understand. Things you do not understand it, Like what biochemistry? Oh, I know, what do you know about that?
Speaker 4: Name?
Speaker 1: One thing that is under the umbrella that is biochemistry.
Speaker 2: One thing I can't until after eleven o'clock.
Speaker 1: Oh, I understand that I'm not allowed to say certain things until eleven as.
Speaker 3: Well, Save harbor hits biochemistry is going to be the topic of the day.
Speaker 1: The thing is is that's not even a safe harbor. Eleven o'clock it is now. But anyway, I thought, by fatwah, we're doing flatwahs. Now, yeah, I can't just come in and fill in and start doing fatwahs. But well, Friday, you have to at least put in like a week of fill in work before you do fatwahs.
Speaker 2: Look at all the stuff we have to talk about.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Okay, let's do it, all right. The first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Oh, I'm sorry, Neil Savedra is in fry today. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You have a similar voice, just a different cadence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very similar. First presidential debate between Donald Trump Kamala Harris will be held at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia. Doesn't that sound America? ABC News host David Muir and Lindsay Davis will moderate the event, but the network has not yet said whether they're will be an audience. This week, the Harris campaign said it agreed to another presidential debate in October. Meanwhile, vice presidential candidates jd Vance and Tim Wallas will face off in a debate on October first in New York hosted by CBS News. I can't wait to see that one because I think there that will be a no holds barred debate between those two Philadelphia. Isn't that just a contradiction?
Speaker 3: Yes, brotherly love, Yes, se low actually meaning love.
Speaker 1: And you know it's all a contradiction, isn't it? When you look at Donald Trump at his golf course in Bedminster talking about inflation with grocery products he has not shopped for in his entire life.
Speaker 2: Oh that the backdrop photo I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: It's insane. He's like, it's surrounded by like cold cuts and cereal, like.
Speaker 3: The pasta thought it's every year, just stacks of food for the children.
Speaker 1: But he's right, we know you haven't grocery shopped forever. None of that.
Speaker 2: We have a bottle of cow juice.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's called milk, right, milk. He's like, I don't even buy bacon anymore because it's so expensive. It's like, please, you haven't grocery shopped ever, and that's fine, but just own it.
Speaker 2: Why do we call them curios? It sounds so British.
Speaker 1: Now, vicere it goes. Vice President Harris plans to propose the first ever ever federal ban on corporate price gouging in the food and grocery industries. Now I am conflicted here because I have been begging these people to pay attention to groceries. They can talk all day long about the inflation rate and it's below three percent for the first time since twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: What have you?
Speaker 1: It means nothing to me because I do the grocery shopping in my house. I go to the grocery store several times a week. I see how it is ridiculous. It's been ridiculous since the pandemic. And until that changes, none of us are going to believe anything when you say the word inflation and how great it is. And by the way, inflation lessening does not mean that it's deflation. We're still in an elevated price market.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, because your percentages are based on the percentages prior. Yes, so you can be so high that even coming down, you're still higher than you were four years ago.
Speaker 1: So I love that the intention from both of them, even though it's ridiculous in Trump's world with that, with that photo op of the groceries, I appreciate the attention being paid to that because that's what everyday Americans are dealing with. I appreciate Kamala Harris paying attention to it with this federal ban on corporate price gouging, But when you get into what that means, I mean I totally tuned out in Econ in high school. Right, it was a tune out for me. I didn't care. I didn't grocery shop. I didn't pay attention. It was all like, okay, now you do, and you're going now now I can attend until we feel it. It means nothing.
Speaker 3: Now, as somebody comes from marketing, it's a great headline.
Speaker 2: Corporate gougey is sexy as hell.
Speaker 1: However, when you get into it, this is going to create shortages.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: You go grocery shopping and you go to the Vaughans, Albertson's, Ralph's, whatever it is, maybe even Costco. Now it's just you and Craig. So it's not like you need to go to Costco. But let's says a lot. I mean, he's a real cow.
Speaker 2: Lay into him.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, sister, I'll give you time so you can go to places that get cheaper prices because they buy in larger amounts, right, right, Okay, supply and demand, we're gonna buy a lot of this, and therefore we're going to bring the price down. Imagine that not happening anymore because Costco whatever, These big box stores can't get a price break because of the Fiat somewhere where someone said in government you have to bring milk to this price, or you have to do these things. It breaks the entire market reality and not just some sort of mock up chart of this is what we'll do.
Speaker 2: We'll just tell people they can't charge you.
Speaker 1: It reduces incentives for firms to produce supply. It's basic econ, It's it's the stuff you even if you didn't pay attention, it's sunk in all right. Coming up next, we will talk about the DNC and what the focus there may be. Coming up later on we'll get into more of what else Vice President Kamala Harris is planning and what she's going to lay out at that rally today in North Carolina. Because it is lefty left, left left, we're talking like subsidies, subsidies for first home home buyer, first time home buyers to the twenty five grand, six thousand dollars if you make a baby it's just it's it's the Democrats just dishing out money left and right. It's what they do, you know, it's what they're loved for. Really. You get you get money, and you get money, you get money, and I'm gonna take your money.
Speaker 3: I love that that they go and you make a baby, you'll get more money. But this guy calls you, you know, Baron cat lady, and he's a jerk.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll pay you more if you make a baby.
Speaker 1: Good point, Good point, all right, Gary and Shanneer will continue. Neil Savedra is in.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI am six forty.
Speaker 1: We are going to be live at the DNC next week in Chicago. And also going to be there is Leland Vittert. He is News Nation's chief Washington anchor. He is the host of On Balance with Leland Vittert, and he joins us now and this is going to be It's not going to be as wild Leland as I originally thought it would be. They made the pivot awfully quickly to Kamala Harris, but it still carries a lot of drama, especially yesterday the report that Biden would be there on Monday, but kind of would skidaddle and not be there to hear Obama and Hillary and Kamala speak.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is going to be the best chance for Democrats to bake in the Kamala Harris honeymoon in that it's been an incredible month for her, but a lot of America hasn't paid attention, right, you know, a lot of America does things other than what you and I do is just talk politics every day. So they're out enjoying the summer, and they're going to think to themselves, what is this all about? What is Kamala Harris all about? And they're going to tune in on Thursday night and watch your speech.
Speaker 4: And it was interesting pegging in I think at a.
Speaker 6: Great piece in the Wall Street Journal about how this is very similar to George H. W.
Speaker 4: Bush in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 6: This is a chance for her to introduce herself to America and tell us who she is, what she's going to do.
Speaker 1: You know, I was thinking earlier in the week about all of the talk of her not doing sit down interviews or really any press availability whatsoever, and it kind of reminded me of eight and Sarah Palin, how they were so careful with her in terms of putting her in front of the press, and then when they did with Katie Kirk, it was a complete disaster. Kamala said that she was going to do an interview by the end of the month. Do you see that happening before the convention or after?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 6: Do you think I'm certainly going to be very difficult to do it before they convention. I think we would have heard about it. To do it after sure, And you make a great point. The longer she waits, the higher the stakes and the more pressure there's.
Speaker 4: Going to be on whatever journalists.
Speaker 6: They pick to actually ask some tough questions, right, And if she doesn't sit down with one of sort of you might say even the network journalists, and by that I mean Lester Holt, who already has given Kamala Harris a run for her money.
Speaker 4: I would think Nora o'donald at.
Speaker 6: CBS, who would actually ask some tough questions, in some fair questions as you should of.
Speaker 4: Someone who wants to be the president of the United States and have George Washington's job.
Speaker 6: That'll be used as fodder as well. If it's somebody like and I'm giving an example, a Gail King or a Rachel Maddow or Joy Read or something like that. So there's going to be as much pressure on Kamala Harris as there will be on the person interviewing her.
Speaker 4: I think to.
Speaker 6: Really put this person who up until now has had a really hard time when not on the teleprompter through the paces.
Speaker 3: Leyland when in a situation like this that is unique because you have an incumbent in quotes sort of an incumbent who's saying, if I am elected, I will do X, Y and Z. And it's an easy time to say, well, why haven't you done X, Y and Z while you've been there, even though she's been the VP, which most often is benign. But in this situation, you've got somebody who's been in the office before running against someone who's currently in office in a strange circumstance, have the baton handed to her. How do you think that will play a part? Well, it looked like, hey, I'll do it now. I didn't do anything before. I was in an administration that didn't do anything before on this, but I'm going to do it now and I promise.
Speaker 1: How does that change?
Speaker 6: This is the yes and campaign, right because Democrats Kamala Harris don't want to in some way repudiate Joe Biden because they spent three years and three and a half years telling us the problem was not celebrating his accomplishments enough. So it's why we saw the event yesterday which the big celebration was about lowering prescription drug costs for Medicare that will take place in.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty six.
Speaker 6: And to say, yes, we did good work and you need to elect me to do more is the message here. And Donald Trump had the past four weeks to define Kamala Harris, and he and Republicans at all ran around. He ran around chasing squirrels. They chased the Democrats aren't democratic for coronating her.
Speaker 4: They chase.
Speaker 6: She's not smart, they chase. Well, the media is giving her a honeymoon. All of that time could have been spent defining her as more radical than Joe Biden. And now we're starting to see that the Trump campaign get their act together with Comrade Kamala. Seems to be where they're going with this with the price control proposal today on groceries and the twenty five thousand dollars handout for first time home buyers, etc. But it's taken them an awfully long time. And when the history of this race is written, because victory absolves all sins. If Donald Trump loses, there's going to be a lot of focus on why this month was wasted.
Speaker 1: Leland Vittert is who our guest is. He is a News Nation chief, a Washington anchor, and Leland has spent extensive time covering the Middle East. He has been in Ukraine as a reporter as well. And is world War three or the potential for it when you look at those two arenas in particular, is that going to be talked about in any major way at the DNC. Do you think.
Speaker 6: The DNC wants to avoid anything in everything having to do with the Middle East because of the threat of the pro Palestinian protesters And it's not really a threat now, it's more of a promise, but they don't want to draw attention to that. Obviously, they had hoped to be able to get a ceasefire deal to announce that, but it didn't happen. The next point here is I think what they're going to say about Ukraine, because Ukraine has been one of Joe Biden's signature issues in supporting Ukraine. Whatever you think about it, that's what he's done in the Ukrainian offensive has been pretty impressive over the past couple of weeks when they've invaded Russia. It'd be very interestating to see whether or not Kamala Harris makes defending Ukraine and keeping Ukraine top of mind into something that's important. It goes to the shift to a more populist message from the defensive democracy message of Joe Biden to now this freedom noy populist message of Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: Leland, thank you so much for your time. Analysis really appreciate it and hope to see you there in Chicago.
Speaker 6: Oh for sure, would look forward to seeing you guys.
Speaker 1: Come say hi, okay, awesome, Leland Vitter to their News Nation's Chief Washington anchor.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: H I have Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Nineteen sixty nine is our Flashback Friday year, Neil Savadra's year of his birth. What a wonderful year?
Speaker 2: What what you were?
Speaker 1: Your birthday is in August.
Speaker 2: No July, Jely, you and I are both July babies. But I'm at the end. I'm twenty eight.
Speaker 1: I don't ever remember your birthday.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: That's sweet of you, Oh, but I never Oh, I do recognize your birthday.
Speaker 1: I know. I apologize. I'll be better. I'm not that way phone.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 3: I can remember certain peoples and then other people's I just the way my brain works. But the easiest way to remember is that I'm Neil Edwin Savadrin, named after Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldren, the first two men on the moon, and I was born in July sixty nine when they landed on the moon.
Speaker 1: That's good, that's us easy. Piece was strong. I still won't remember. But you work with handle usually, so you're used to horrible people. So you were you were conceived. I like to think about when people were conceived. It would be around right after the convention, when the riots happened. Your parents were like, oh, I love violence in the streets. Let's right, I was going to.
Speaker 3: Well, we were poor, so there was no TV, is what I'm guessing. But that's why there's so many kids. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, but I if you do the math, that would put it somewhere around Halloween.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boo you boo?
Speaker 1: When was When was Robert Kennedy assassinated? Oh, for the love of God earlier in this? Was it earlier? No, it was sixty eight, wasn't it. I'm sixty nine, I know, but I'm talking about when you were conceived. Uh yeah, in that hotel it was June fifth? Well, sure, yeah, June fifth. Okay, So that that's not what got them going. That was earlier in the year.
Speaker 3: Why are you ugly and hurtful to your somebody who's giving up his morning.
Speaker 1: I know I appreciate you being here, I really do. It's just like I had Leila here yesterday and it was so lovely.
Speaker 2: She's a delight.
Speaker 1: She is a delight and impossible to be snarky too, So I had to get in and out.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bring it all. American social security information could be compromised. Reports A hackers stole data from the National Public Data, tried to sell it, but then posted it online for free. Group claims to have nearly three billion records of personal data from North America and the UK. DNC just three days away. Excitement is building. DNC organizers unbuild the stage and podium yesterday at the arena inside the United Center. We will be there starting on Monday. The Gary and Shannon Show will be broadcasting live from there to bring you all of the craziness. Our stage, by the way, is beautiful. It's gorgeous. Have you seen it. It's red, it's white, it's blue.
Speaker 2: Oh who came up with that color?
Speaker 1: It says Gary and Shannon on it America, Neil America came up with that.
Speaker 3: Hey, have you checked to see if your Social Security number was in any of those breaches?
Speaker 1: No? But I also don't really you know, there's nothing really to steal, well except credit, Yeah, I guess an open credit. My credit was so bad for so long, it's not really high on my list of things to protect.
Speaker 2: Thank god. The guy comes to knocks on your door and says, you're you have it back. You ruled my credit.
Speaker 1: Coming up in the next hour. More details about the Ketamine Queen, the Hattie. She's beautiful, the woman who is a murderer, essentially supplied the deadly batch of drugs that killed actor Matthew Perry. She's apparently a mafia super fan. I'll tell you more that we've learned about her overnight In the meantime, there is a mom with a personalized license plate.
Speaker 3: This is not something you experience. I mean, you have nephews and nieces and the like, but as a parent, oftentimes when you get into the car and you look at your children and you say, did you go pee?
Speaker 1: Matt does this with me before we leave football games. He'll say yes, yes, and that's how I like. He's done it since ago. He'll be like, do you need to use the bathroom? Like before we walk out onto the buses after a game, and I'm like, no, Dad, I'm fine.
Speaker 3: We don't even ask anymore. At least tell Max go pee. Yeah, and I'm gonna and I'm going to. So you go back and forth. So this woman put together a vanity plate and she had it for fifteen years and it's P B four W E G O P before we go.
Speaker 1: It's like a family motto for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the t shirts one day, maybe tattoos, but.
Speaker 1: It it's benign.
Speaker 3: So she ends up after fifteen years of this, she ends up receiving this letter from New Hampshire, the DMV people saying she needs to surrender her plate because it includes a phrase relating to sexual or excretory acts and functions.
Speaker 1: It's also really rich that the new Hampshire state motto is on all the license plates. So on her license plate that is now being forced is she's being forced to surrender? Is the motto Live free or die. But you can't have a cute pee before you go license plate.
Speaker 3: I would take that fr off and put a P there and be live, pee or die and she can thrust her fist in the air.
Speaker 1: My first date with my now husband, we were you know, no it did not take place in a car, not the first part, and so we were out having beers or whatever, and we're talking, you know, this is first date kind of stuff. You're talking about all the things, just everything right, and we somehow got onto the topic of personalized license plates. And I was like, who does that? Like that's so such a vanity thing. It's look at me, look at me, and blah blah blah, and I just and we walk out to his car and he had a personalized license.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is hard for me because I but he's an attorney, because it's doctors, attorneys, real estate agents and d bags.
Speaker 1: Really is that what it is? You will think about it?
Speaker 2: Who do you.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He was the only one that I've known that has one.
Speaker 3: If they rubbed me the wrong way? What what did his say? Like fight for you or leave?
Speaker 1: It said out of La like got to get out of LA, like he likes the outdoors kind of thing. I don't know. Listen, I still, why do you need to tell people? My mind has not changed? Just why you need to tell people about those I don't know? I don't know. Like to eat is.
Speaker 2: Going to be mine?
Speaker 1: I mean, why wouldn't anybody need to know? No one needs to know that.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I walk out of the car and they go, that guy there likes to eat.
Speaker 3: When they see your husband in his hiking boots, they'll go, that guy likes to be outdoors.
Speaker 1: This is true. This is true. Uh, Chargers Fans football is back, and so if my stadium is your Chargers take on the Rams this Saturday afternoon tomorrow, kickoff at four oh five. Don't miss Justin Herbert and the Bolts in the new era of Chargers football with Coach Harbaugh leading the waves. It Chargers dot com slash tickets to secure your seats today. Listen to the games on all ninety eight point seven. We have a pair of tickets to give away today. We will do that coming up at I don't know, what do you think noon? That sounds like a good time, right sure, party time, Okay, noontime is when we'll give away those tickets. Coming up next, Tear in the Skies. What will it bring you today? Yesterday it was Lyce. Today it's a new adventure down Garry Yet not yet, Neil. Sorry, Gary and Shetton will continue.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: The way my dad told it, Hair the Musical when they first started doing it, and you'd be sitting in your seat and the people, the actors would that the theater players would come down the aisles nude, yeah, and get onto the stage and they'd sing and they dance and eventually put clothes on. Then we interviewed somebody in from the original production of Hair on this show and I asked them, and I don't remember who it was right now, And I asked him, I go, so you guys were nude when this all started, right, And he's like, yeah, no, that's an urban legend.
Speaker 2: No, but they were topless or something, and some of the is what I heard.
Speaker 1: Well, I made an ass of myself is the moral of the story. Thanks Dad.
Speaker 3: I thought there were a couple plays during that time, hair being one of them where they were topless.
Speaker 2: I mean the guys, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Huh. The way my dad told it, everyone was nude walking down the aisles going to the stage.
Speaker 2: Maybe everyone in his party.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You guys are related, got tracks?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe. It is expected that Vice Ssident Kamala Harris will unveil her economic policy today during a speech in North Carolina. Campaign says she will be offering twenty five thousand dollars in down payment support for first time home buyers. Proposal provides working families that have paid rent on time for two years up to twenty five thousand dollars in down payment assistance. Also expected to propose a new tax cup plan for middle class, lower income Americans, and something like a six thousand dollars child credit. I'll have to get details on that. She has moved far left of Biden or Obama principles when it comes to that vice president presidential excuse me. Republican Vice presidential nominee JD Vance's confident he and Trump will win the White House in November. He said his campaign needs to drive home a positive message about Trump's record and the vision to bring down inflation and secure the southern border. It's time for tearing the skies. How you can do it? Why you zero nine? Are youring?
Speaker 5: Lay in your day off?
Speaker 3: Roger, get off my plane, Roger, rogerstor Victor.
Speaker 5: I have had with these multi pipe snakes on this money. It's Gary and Shannon's Terror in the Skies on KFI.
Speaker 1: So we told you about this when it first surfaced on social media, making the rounds raw dogging flights people usually young men, no entertainment whatsoever, no music, no streaming, no sleep, no water, no getting up, just staring at the seatback screen, particularly the map, the flight map, or nothing at all, and just sitting there in silence.
Speaker 2: I do enjoy the flight map from time to time.
Speaker 1: And I love a flight map because you see places and you're like, oh, what's that, Where's that?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm over that. Nebraska has this town. Oh I think, wow, if we crashed, we'd take out Nebraska. That's a little different.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't make any sense for a number of reasons.
Speaker 3: Not like if we just like right now we augur into the ground, we're right over in Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Take out Nebraska the way I do it, it doesn't make any sense. Oh okay, sorry, I didn't know you were a scientist. But there are so many a sky into you know what. Those jokes were not going to do this today.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing handy with me.
Speaker 3: No, you are not like those old westerns where they say I'm coming to your town and I'm bringing hell with me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm coming to Gary and Shannon and I'm bringing handle with me.
Speaker 1: No, that's also not funny.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's as funny as Rex the Wonder Horse.
Speaker 1: Can we get Robin on the on the Telly?
Speaker 2: You don't call her, she calls you.
Speaker 1: That's true. But now scientists doctors are coming out and saying don't do this because it will kill you, like especially on long flights. I mean people are posting about going on seven hour flights or ten hour flights and not drinking water and hashtag easy yeah like it was no ba hashtag You're a dumb ass hashtag Darwinism.
Speaker 3: So the problem with this is doctors are coming out saying that, hey, you need water, you're in an altered environment, pressure wise, humidity wise, if you're not consuming liquids, if you're not having water, if you're not getting up to go to the bathroom, you're gonna have issues. And if you get those issues, you could die.
Speaker 1: Blood clots, yeah, deep vein thrombosis, which sounds like a great don't know, don't nope, electronic non stop.
Speaker 2: But I will tell you something.
Speaker 3: The thing that I took umbrage with is that this article says the doctors says, this is probably the most dangerous trend.
Speaker 1: I'm like, people were eating tide podcasts. No, that's not the most dangerous trend. But here's the thing about this story that is not really talked about. And I definitely would have this reaction. If I saw white, a young white male on a flight sitting there staring at nothing, I would think he was playing something. I would I would alert a flight attendant.
Speaker 3: I would be like, you say, hey, I think my friend Gary is planning something.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think he would do this. It's not young, but I mean, yeah, you just Okay, we'll use Gary for an example. If you just saw him sitting on a plane, just sitting there, staring doing nothing, no headphones in or whatever. You'd be like, this guy is gonna is planning something. He's plotting something. So this is not well.
Speaker 3: Started from Hijack to Idris Alba character Sam Nelson. He's forced to endure like a seven hour flight or more from Dubai to London without any amenities because the airbus he's flying and becomes kem and comingdeered by crooks.
Speaker 2: So that starts it.
Speaker 3: Then some wing nut who's got fourteen million followers or something does it and says I'm raw dogging his flight, and now people are copying. Now I'm all for having mental peace, like not having electronics or just I don't know, take a nap or read a book, but I don't know. Why do you not have to eat, like no food and no drinking.
Speaker 1: I know, it's weird. It's bizarre the things people will do for hits likes all of the hashtag easy All right. Coming up next, four people were arrested in connection with the fatal shooting of that General Hospital actor. We will get the latest from Steve Gregory about what we know who these people are. When we come back to Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app