Speaker 2: Good morning, Kentucky, Ina.
Speaker 1: It is seven oh four here at Kentucky and his Morning News with myself Nick Coffee, John Alden alongside. You just heard John Shannon with a news update there as we are halfway through our four hour program. We've been up for a while. But if you are just now getting your day started, well, I'm sure you're If you are just now getting your day started, maybe you're tired. Maybe you're just thinking, oh man, another hot summer day. And you're right, because it's going to be brutal today as far as just the heat, but luckily the sun won't be I guess if you're looking for sunshine today, it could be a problem for you. But maybe the fact that we'll have cloudy skies, maybe that could lead to you not just feeling as disgusting outside. But anyways, summer's here right on schedule and the heat wave is in full effect, so just.
Speaker 2: Be prepared, all right.
Speaker 1: So today starts a four day stretch of Prime Days. I think it used to just be called Prime Day. Now there's multiple days because it starts today and it's gonna run up until the end of the week on the eleven. So the Amazon Prime membership is I get you fifteen bucks a month roughly or one hundred and thirty nine a year. And I've always I mean, I've had Amazon Prime for a long long time. John, are you an Amazon Prime subscriber?
Speaker 2: We are?
Speaker 1: My wife and I are great, And I mean I oftentimes just use Prime for the convenience, but I rarely think, Okay, well, if I need this, Prime will give me the cheapest option. But again, that doesn't mean that's not the case. It's just I don't typically pay a lot of pay a lot of attention for that. But when it comes to are you actually getting deals, right, they build it up like it's just a big marketing pr thing that you're just are under the impression that now is the time to buy everything because it's Prime Day or Prime Days now, and you're just going to save money. But the amount of people, i mean fifteen to thirty percent of people who actively spend during this time, only fifteen to thirty percent even look to see if the deal they're getting is a deal or if in fact they're just I guess falling for what this is. And that's not to say that you can't get good deals. I'm sure there are things that you can save a lot of money on, but you should pay attention to what it is you're buying, because just purchasing something because it's promoted during prime days, or purchasing something just because it is in fact falling in this four day window doesn't really mean. I mean, you could end up paying more than what you could pay elsewhere, depending upon what it is. Have you ever, I mean, I can't think of any time where my wife and I have thought, Okay, we better load up. I mean, I'm sure she'll buy some things. In fact, i'm sure she's already got. I mean not to say that she's got some crazy spending habit or anything like that, but she's more she uses our account more so than me.
Speaker 2: Is that same with you and your Wife's fair to say? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I guess the Amazon items, like Amazon's technology. They're smart alarm clock it's called Amazon Echo Spot, the Amazon firestick, Amazon fire HD tap, those are believed to be the items that are going to be hot items that people are going to be paying you know you For example, the Echo spot from Amazon, that's their alarm clock. You're looking at forty four percent off, So I mean that's proof that you can get it for forty five dollars, whereas any other time it's been eighty. That's a legitimate sale that will probably it will probably result in a lot of people purchasing something like that. But it blew my mind to see the amount of people who just all right, well it's prime days, let me just go look and see what's there and not pay attention to the price because I'm just going to assume that it's I'm saving money, and sometimes you're not.
Speaker 2: I mean, I.
Speaker 1: There's there's clearly a lot of strategy that goes into promoting something as like a big deal, and it would probably surprise me and make me just, I guess, think less of how much we use our brains because just a sign that says it's on sale, it could be one cent off of what it previously was, and there's many people that wouldn't even wouldn't even notice. And you know, I guess that's why these companies make a lot of money. They know, they know how to target us, they know how to take advantage of things that we will not pay close attention to.
Speaker 3: So again, this is almost like the new Cyber Monday. Yeah, Online Black Friday, Yeah, you will.
Speaker 1: I mean that's yeah, this is this is a version of that, and they'll they'll position it as if this this is the time when when in reality, I'm sure they're I mean, they probably do this a few times a year. I mean, I don't about Amazon specifically, but there's clearly know I'm saying that they manipulate us would be a little bit of a stretch, but I feel like they're aware that if they just scream it in every way they can from a marketing standpoint, that they've got this big deal going on and it's the Summer of savings, or it's the what they call it, a target like something, or Kmart, the blue Light special or whatever. I mean, there's there's all there's different. I mean, there's different brandings, if you will, when it comes to how they emphasize their sales, their deals, not only because it could be a certain time of year like Amazon does with Prime Days, or it could just be this is in the category of a this is a big this is where you're gonna save money. I mean, the amount of people who probably don't even pay attention to that, and again I would be the idiot that would just buy it because I need it, and I don't care enough. It's not that I'm made a money trust me. But there's others that I think just fall into buying a lot of stuff and then they don't in the end, like they don't really know that they didn't really save much money. So there are ways in which that you can you can check and see if you're actually getting good deals. There's a lot of different different services that will that will basically you throw in the Amazon Prime link and it'll run it for you and tell you, tell you if you're you know where where the what the price is elsewhere.
Speaker 2: So don't fall for it.
Speaker 1: Don't don't spend a ton of money today just because in your mind you think you're saving. Do your homework and you may be surprised about things that are being built up. Is this you got to buy it, it's a big sale, and then in fact, like you could get it cheaper elsewhere potentially. All right, let's get an update on traffic out there from Bobby Ellis. We'll also get an update on Matt Melosovich's forecast the WKY. It's Kentucky and it's morning news right here our news radio eight forty whas it is seven to seventeen here Kentucky and is morning News on News Radio eight forty whas So, we were told yesterday that Jeffrey Epstein kept no client list, which of course contradicts claims made by the Attorney General, who just what recently, not that long ago, made claims on Fox News that such document was sitting on her desk. So this is certainly one of the big conspiracy theories out there as far as what truly happened to Jeffrey Epstein. And I typically don't I mean, I shouldn't say fall four because if you are somebody that I mean, look, I'll put it this way.
Speaker 2: I've learned over the.
Speaker 1: Years as someone who oftentimes just assumes, well, come on, people wouldn't really do that. I've I've learned that I'm more naive than I than I probably should be.
Speaker 2: So with this one, I just it's it.
Speaker 1: There's clearly a lot that we don't know as far as what truly happened, and I don't know if we're ever gonna get answers, but I feel like this is brewing to be one of the one of the old timers when it comes to just people.
Speaker 2: I mean, they already have for years.
Speaker 1: Probably spent so much time trying to I mean, it's I mean, this is this isn't this isn't a new thing. It's just when you find out that there's there's no client list, and and I mean, that just doesn't doesn't make any sense. I mean, You've got people that were found guilty in federal court for a sex trafficking ring, a massive one at that that involved, according to the trial, a thousands of victims. And to say that there are thousands of victims in a convicted sex trafficking ring and then say there were no customers when the operation happened right before our eyes, I mean it insults the intelligence of human beings. I mean, trafficking women to no one. That doesn't make sense, and many people don't buy it. I'm I'm certainly I'm certainly one of those people that just doesn't what they've shared with us.
Speaker 2: I won't I won't.
Speaker 1: Claim to be somebody that's into it as others, Like this isn't going to consume me like it like it does other people. And I don't mean to say because I've got, you know, better things to do.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 1: It's not something that's gonna stay on my mind a whole lot. But clearly those that are all about conspiracy theories in wanting to truly get the truth on things, this is one that again it's an old timer and as far as you know, I try to whenever I realize, Okay, are you being a little too like, are you being too naive here, Nick, to think that they're that they're just you know, that they're just telling us what they can tell us. I mean, again, the scenarios as far is what really went on, I mean, it's endless. That's why this is become again one of the most talked about things out there when it comes to conspiracy theories and the truth being.
Speaker 2: Withheld by powerful people.
Speaker 1: But if you really, I mean, if you really you could have been somebody that flew on Epstein's plane, does that make you somebody that was involved in a sex traveicking ring. No, So there's going to be a certain level of not wanting to open up a can of worms because just because you had some level of involvement with Epstein doesn't mean that you are guilty with what he was guilty of. But again, to just let it be, okay, Yeah, nothing to see here moving on that. I mean that had a lot of people seemingly in disbelief because they don't believe that this is just something that should be moved on from. All right, we've got another update of Travick and Weather coming your way. Also, we'll get an update on sports with Scott Fitzgerald right here at Kentucky and his Morning News News ready to bet forty whas. Thank you very much, John, and we do have a fresh pot of Kentucky and this morning news ready for you. Here it is seven thirty five and New's radioaight forty whas. Nick Coffee, that is me, seohn Alden is alongside and John, you're a big music guy. I'm not think that's safe to say, right, Yo, that's safe. So I gotta tell you about this band that you may eventually like, but they're not real.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me hear it. So the Velvet.
Speaker 1: Sundown, I mean, it already sounds like a made up name, doesn't it. I kind of like the name though, yeah, but it's too good to be originally.
Speaker 2: I think I agree with you that.
Speaker 1: But what I have the benefit of is knowing ahead of time before I read about this group and listen to any of their music. I know that they're fake because they have done something that is kind of scary for those that are I guess in the creative space that is making music and maybe that's part of how you make a living, or maybe somebody that just would be totally turned off by knowing that you were listening to music that was not real. I mean, it is real, meaning you could hear it, but it's it's created by artificial intelligence. So a fake band has fooled a lot of people with AI music. I mean a million Spotify listeners for The Velvet Sundown and they're not real. So no history, no live shows, nothing but just two albums and a Spotify page. To me, that would be a red flag, but it says here in the last few weeks they've got over a million monthly listeners, which is pretty I mean, to me sounds I mean, I don't care who you are. If you've got a million monthly listeners and you're a musician, you're doing well. And I don't mean because of like money you're getting from Spotify. I mean you've got a big enough fan base to where you can be hitting the road and making money with shows. So their genre it's described as chill seventies.
Speaker 2: Psych rock, whatever the hell that is.
Speaker 1: I don't know who I would throw in that group, but that's what they were described as, and it's not. It's also described as not bad but not mind blowing either, which I guess that is where they were able to fool people is that it wasn't so good and so off.
Speaker 2: It was kind of in the middle of where you felt like.
Speaker 1: Okay, because there's clearly some songs that are really good and some that aren't great, and they've got a consistent sound. Maybe that was the factor that led to people not realizing that it's that it's not real. But at first they tried to play it off because there were many that realized, wait a second, something's not adding up here. No live shows ever, and all the many images that they have are I think if you look at it, you can tell there's some level of AI involved, some level of artificial intelligence editing going on. But they they've got an x account that was out there denying all the rumors and whatnot, and gave like a press release of like they look look legit. They talked about how they're offended that people thought they were fake, and they're you know, they really they really kind of came into their own and put together there are two albums that are successful, and they quote here in Sweaty Nights spent in a California bungalow and that's where their real I guess creativity took off and that's where they were able to really, you know, put together two albums that have been so successful. But eventually they they ended up really I mean, it's they ended up getting caught and now they're calling it a total hoax, an art hoax.
Speaker 2: So anyhow, my question to you, John is.
Speaker 1: If you fell for a group just because they ended up on the Spotify playlist that you listen to and you're just you're shuffling music and they come on and you realize, wow, I kind of like this, and then you go check out their full album and you're like, wow, this is great, and you became a fan, and then you later learned they weren't real. I could be wrong, but wouldn't that change a lot of your opinion of.
Speaker 3: I think First, I think I would be disappointed in myself first and foremost for not seeing through their little facade of being this real band that is really just AI generated music. Now, I haven't listened to them, so I don't know how real or fake it sounds.
Speaker 2: But you got to hear you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have to listen to at least a song or something like that just to get a feel for But if if it sounded real enough and I enjoyed it, maybe it's something I wouldn't you know, listen to in passing, but I would I would definitely step further away from it if I learned down the road that they were a fake band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just you know, I was gonna say if you learn, they if you learn, I mean the music is real, meaning like you can listen to it, but it's not any there's I don't know. Maybe I'm just maybe I'm someone that is fearful of artists not being able to truly use their craft to entertain us anymore. But if I knew something was AI generated, I would have no interest in wanting to continue consuming it when it comes to that kind of content. Now, maybe I could be proven wrong. I've never I've never fallen for a band that wasn't real. But to me, that's like that's you can like someone's music and really not like them, But I just feel like the root of it is that you do clearly admire their craft and what they can do, and this is just technology doing it. So maybe maybe I'll be proven wrong and they'll be I'll be fool and they'll be They'll be content that I consume, be music or whatever, and I later find out, oh, that wasn't real, that was not that was all AI generated, And maybe it'll just be whatever. But I guess, I guess if you like what you like, but I would feel I would feel like I was.
Speaker 2: I was, you know, scammed in some way.
Speaker 1: But speaking of scam, there's an AI tool that is called it's called Suno. That's the tool that is used to create this music. And I don't know how to use it and never heard of it, but they invested in that. That's not a free thing. And they also invested in getting their music in certain playlists, which of course helped them blow up. And with those Spotify streams, they're able to make a lot of money. They're monetizing those monthly one million listeners they have, so well, when people can use AI creatively, they're going to do it, and especially if they can do it and make a lot of money, so be prepared. You may end up seeing more bands that you fall for and you find out it's not real, and maybe that won't matter to you at all, but to me, I feel like it would. But now I want to hear the Velvet Sundown because you're right, John, that is a good name, but too good to be true. All right, let's get an update on traffic and weather right here, right now and news radio eight forty whas. So this is the fake band, right John?
Speaker 3: This is This is Velvet Sundown's drift beyond the Flame.
Speaker 1: I would never know that this wasn't real and that it was created specifically by AI and it sounds, I mean, it sounds pretty good, like I can see this being a trendy band that got a lot of love, which they did for those just not joining us. There's a there's a I guess I don't know who's responsible for creating it, but a fake band that blew up and had a million monthly listeners on Spotify, only for listeners to then find out that there's like the pictures that they share showing the band is not real. But yeah, John Shannon popped in here earlier and showed me during the break that you can. I mean how easy it is to to just have AI create a song for you with everything needed. And I mean that that makes me kind of sad. That's a sad part of AI, because I mean, you could have somebody put hours of their time and their and their craft and just I mean, songwriting is an art and now you can you can use AI and even though one is real, one is not as far as just the overall song itself, like a I may create a better one, which if I knew. Again, if you don't know, you don't know, and I don't know if I would have known, And clearly a lot of people didn't know that Velvet Sundown was was not real.
Speaker 2: But there's just something.
Speaker 1: About it that I wouldn't want to know, right if I if you know that I've fallen for a musical act, a group band, whatever it may be, and they're not real, just don't tell me because it'll change sort of the level of I mean put it this way. I know there are many of you listening, and John, as a music guy, I know you know what I'm talking about. Where when you are in on an artist or a band earlier than most, there's something special about it. It's like you you don't really have a close connection to that, but you kind of feel like you do because you knew, hey, this person's great. I'm seeing them at a at a small intimate venue, but they're soon going to be headlining NFL stadiums. When you're in that, you know, when you're in that, in that early stages, it's it's awesome. And I'm sure many people still love artists when they become bigger. But there's just something about a group even if their music stays exactly the same. A lot of times it doesn't, but if it stays exactly the same and they're more mainstream, there's a level of the intrigue that is lost. I mean, I'm not crazy, right, John, Yeah, Because it.
Speaker 3: Also feel like the people that jump on the bandwagon are just doing it because it's the fun thing to do now after they get.
Speaker 1: Yes, those people being and again, I guess it's gatekeeping to an extent, but when you realize others who didn't you know, who didn't see them early and really didn't have the true appreciation for them early enough, it just, I don't know, just there's something about it.
Speaker 2: So if if.
Speaker 1: There was a band that I was in early on that I wouldn't saw play at you know, all shows. You know, I'll admit it. I wish it wasn't the case. But there's certain people, like, for example, Tyler Childer's Kentucky native. I love Tyler Childers.
Speaker 2: I won't say that.
Speaker 1: I was first in line to become a big fan of his, but I saw him make his debut at the Grand Ole Opry, which was many years ago, and at that point he was certainly blowing up. And now he's he's a huge superstar when it comes to music, and I still like him, but there's just something about his music that's new that even even though a lot of it is different but some of it's the same. I just he doesn't hit with me like he used to. And I think part of it's because he's just so famous. That's not a fault of his. That's just that's just how I that's that's just you know, I could take him or leaving now, which I hate saying. So if there was somebody that I was in on and then later found out wasn't real at all, like I would never want to listen to the music ever again and again I won't know, I guess until I'm in that position. And maybe I have fallen for an artist or a band that i've that I've had come across my playlists that I listened to that wasn't real and I just didn't know it. But I mean, that's that's a part of AI that really does make me sad to know that something that is. I mean, look, music is such a powerful thing, and again it's an art.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say though, this is something I could find myself listening to like on the Beach or something portray this is that's that same song.
Speaker 1: And I wouldn't have the ear to know what's what's what? What stands out is potentially fake here as far as just not being legitimately recorded in a studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like the vocals would be what you would be listening for sound the fakest of anything.
Speaker 1: But this is like an old like to me, it what would what would what would have been? The real kicker for me is just fooling me completely, and I would say, oh, there's no way, well listen to how like they've got like a vintage sound to them, So there's no way a I can do that, but apparently a I can do everything, which again there's benefits to it, but there's also downsides, and I feel like when it gets involved in the music creation process, that's I don't like that, And I'm sure I'm not alone. They sound hipster, don't they.
Speaker 3: They just sound a little hipster good stuff.
Speaker 1: And they probably won't make any music anymore, or I don't know, Like what if they just shut it down because they got caught and then they have like one hundred thousands of fans saying, hey, look, we don't care, just do whatever you were doing with that AI.
Speaker 2: We like it.
Speaker 3: Find four people that can play this music.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: In fact, I just thought of something else that you may see, Like maybe AI music becomes the new thing, and then you have like you have people who are singers that just like they cover that when they do live shows because anybody can cover it because it's not real. Anyways, we got another update of Traving a weather coming your way. Also, we'll get an update on sports right here on Who's Radio waight forty whas