Speaker 1: Oh yes, all right, Happy Friday, everybody. It's a world famous Ben and Skin show. Happy Valentine's Day two. Coming up in the big finish, we will have the conclusion of our SNL cast member bracket.
Speaker 2: This has been a blast, and this is because this.
Speaker 1: Is celebrating the fiftieth season, the Family fiftieth season.
Speaker 3: So they're having a big celebration Sunday night at seven on NBC with a red carpet show at six. But it's also Daytona Daytona Sunday. Oh God, real quick for a second kind of g money, your big Daytona. Guys, we're in NASCAR gear promote your podcast, dude. Yes, So I do a podcast with my college buddies. One of them is I actually met what's it called, High Wide, Handsom Nascar.
Speaker 4: We're on Spotify only. We started on SoundCloud. We moved to Spotify, so we talked solely about NASCAR. Every once in a while, we'll throw in some f one big racing, but it's mostly Nascar.
Speaker 3: You guys, three guys, are you the high one, the wide one of the handsome one, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We haven't. We haven't. So basically all three of the guys think they're the handsome ones basically got it.
Speaker 4: But two of us we went to college together at OU and we've been to Bristol Motor Speedway for playoff rights, and we just went to Talladega this past year. We gone to this motor Speedway. They've gone to Charlotte Motor Speedway. So our ultimate goal here is to try to get to Daytona five hundred by next year or twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's do it. Go fund me for you money.
Speaker 4: It's been the whole week down there for a speed week and everything and just campound the camp ground and field and just do drugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, do all the drugs. Me and Ben took in Daytona. Yeah it's badass. Yeah, yep, we're Daytona veterans. He was high and I was wide. All right.
Speaker 1: This is the world famous Been and Skin Show. A Happy Friday, everybody. This segment's brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. It is located in Plano, Texas at Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered five different types of pizza Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, tavern style, New York style pizza and readers of The Dallas Morning News voted Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and Plano the best pizzeria in all of DFW.
Speaker 2: That's a huge honor.
Speaker 1: Skin If somebody was looking for something special for Valentine's Day, either tonight or stopping by this weekend, why should they try Andrews American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 2: It's a great place to take your hose. You know what I'm saying. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen five different styles, like you mentioned, and so let's say you roll up in there with multiple hose and they all like a different style of pizza. Andrew's got it on lock Man. Some of these people like Detroit style, some like Chicago, some like the Brooklyn style, some like the Philly tavern, the Dallas style. It's also good, great pasta ishes and an incredible bar, oh my goodness, including Rollertown Beer Works on tap. That's the brewery Ben and I are partners in up there in salone, it can't be beat Andrew's American Pizza ca Presson and plain No Parkway. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Love.
Speaker 2: Ladies and the white dress. Let us be nice to you. Oh to the love shack Lady, life gets crazy. You need to seuse sweeze it. Let me handle the bad problems. Yeah.
Speaker 3: There's a guy who runs a website. His name is bill Board like b O R E D b O A R D okay billboard dot com, and he put out his fifty greatest love song rock love Songs of all Time? Oh, rock Love Songs of all Time?
Speaker 2: Smell the Glove? Is that on there?
Speaker 3: I don't think smell about playing some clips, but that I was like, you know, we can play start playing some music. Can't with podcast? It's so okay. So we'll get to the top ten and lock in on that. But here's some honorable mentions that I saw on the list that did jump out to me.
Speaker 2: If we ask you, will you sing it? Sure? Okay?
Speaker 3: Thirty one The Monkeys Daydream Believer. Nope, I'm a believer. I'm a believer. Whichever one knows from Shrek right?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Thirty for Fighters. Oh it's ever long, ever long.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would have that in my top ten. I think twenty five.
Speaker 3: I think that's from the Rumors album Fleetwood Mac You Make Loving Fun? Is that song about? What's that song about? Uh? There.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know?
Speaker 3: I would love to know.
Speaker 2: So basically, Christine mcvee, who sings that song, was having an affair with the light technician, and when her husband, who was the bass player in Fleetwood Mac John mcvee, said what is this song about, she said, it's about our dog. That's the true story. She wrote a song about the affairs she was having with the light tech and told her husband, who was in the band, that it was a song about their dog. How did the the light tech score that?
Speaker 1: Dam here's like holding the lights over there and there's like he was on like Willem Dafoe.
Speaker 3: Gosh, can you make loving fun? Is about a dog?
Speaker 2: By the way, it's not even a good excuse. I think that song is kind of beat. I mean, I love Fleetwood Mac, but that's not in my top fifty.
Speaker 3: That's a great love song at twenty five best rock left song according to bill boarden uh twenty the Smith's There's a Light that Never goes out.
Speaker 2: I mean there is a light that goes out. So that's a song about a gay man that claims to be asexual. What is he singing to there? Yeah, I'm not sure y'all know. That bit right. Morcy wouldn't admit that he was gay, so he said he was a It's a great claim.
Speaker 3: It gets you off like it gets you off everyone's radar. Yeah, you know, no one's even questioning.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, he does when he does a live show, there's shirtless men lifting him up. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is this guy going to dayton or is he going to GAYTONA? We don't really know, right number nineteen, Ben, this is one of your jams. You're always playing it for me foreigner, I want to know what love is.
Speaker 1: That is a great song, and I do want to know what love is. Yes, I want to question it while I listen to that. My wife loves that song.
Speaker 2: It's so weird that she got older and suddenly the music she hated when she was a kid is now her favorite stuff. But she loves that song.
Speaker 1: That was slow Dance City right there, man, back when your first slow dancing or hold hands at a roller rink.
Speaker 3: That song was big and tape it down at that age. Yeah, for sure, eighteen. I absolutely adore this song. Never tear us apart by an excess. Oh that's a bad song. That's interesting. Do they have love? Will never tear Us? Apart by Joy Division on there Didn't Get in There?
Speaker 2: Ye? Okay, you know that in excess song, don't you Ben? It's like a big, booming, yep, kind of sixty sounding.
Speaker 3: Ballad, like another gay element on euphoria when the dad, Oh yeah, slow dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Weird creepy songs Heir seventeen, Harvest Moon by Neil Young, so creepy, Happy Together by The Turtles fourteen.
Speaker 2: Man, that song's a beating what happy to other the Turtles? Okay you love that? So you like it? Has polyphonics pre covered it? No, okay, they're covered it all right? I think I like this is a Mario commercial growing up? Is that right? But I just thought it was a creepy song. I just like that. How's it go?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Actually I'm wrong. That is a good song.
Speaker 3: No no no no, no no no.
Speaker 1: No, so happy creepy right.
Speaker 3: Thirteen This song, Oh damn, I don't like this one. This is like getting spanked bye because of punishment. Maybe I'm amazed by Paul McCartney.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I think I dig that song, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talking Heads in eleven this must be the place, Oh cool, beautiful love that one.
Speaker 2: It's you would know it.
Speaker 1: It's uh, it was in Wall Street, right, Oh okay, when they're decorating the apartments, I think he's they're doing all the decorating.
Speaker 3: Remember that yet ten can't help falling in Love by Elvis?
Speaker 2: I can't help falling in.
Speaker 3: Underwear?
Speaker 2: Do you like that better than Everlasting Love? I think I do?
Speaker 3: Okay, nine g n R Baby Mister Brownstone, No, Sweet Child of Mine? Yep, that a love song.
Speaker 2: I guess he's he sounds like he's reaching the ultimate heights. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: DJ Shippy should get some credit because I do notice this from time to time. But happened last night. MAVs came out of the second half a little sluggish, and then time out. You know we're about to come back to play. How about Welcome to the Jungle. He fire that up, the crowd got into it, and then a huge run, and then Chris Harnold ran on the court and started throwing out T shirts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had kind of older Gilf and leather pants, like gyrating to it, you know, taking her to her prime.
Speaker 3: I was like, did you see the crowd just ramp up for the song that we play? Sometimes this is kind of weird.
Speaker 2: H Number eight.
Speaker 3: I don't know this one because the Night by Patty Smith.
Speaker 2: Because the Night belongs to love. It was written by Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 3: Okay, ye, Patty, don't see a lot of patties anymore.
Speaker 2: If if we were to play it, you guys would recognize it.
Speaker 3: Seven, You guys would not know this great song. Still into You by Paramore. Six Your Song by Elton John.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I think I know. We would know it if we have it, can you hummet? I don't know this one.
Speaker 3: It's I guarantee you when I'm not a big Elton John like celebrator.
Speaker 2: I don't care how to leave on in my head, but I your song.
Speaker 3: It's your song, not mine. Number five Peter Gabrielle.
Speaker 2: Your h that's badass. It's a great song for the cure. It is hold On, don't tell me, tell me. I think it's gonna be pictures.
Speaker 1: It makes you seem Jesus want too, makes you sing show me how, and I promise you promised that I'll run away with you.
Speaker 3: Just is that? Just like I help with this one. Number three something by the Beatles, Thing and that's.
Speaker 2: It's a George. It's one of the George Harrison ones. It's fantastic. It's ah and now I'm hearing another song. I'm sorry you would know it immediately.
Speaker 3: Number two Maps by the Yeah, Yeah, yeahs Are you serious? Well?
Speaker 2: Maps? It's a great song. But really, I don't know. Billboard's got a wild Yeah, I kind of said noon. Number one Heroes by David Bowie. That's number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this sounds like a Berlin Wall thing. Uh, you know heroes, Yeah, I know, heroes. I didn't think it was like A and I.
Speaker 2: I can be king, we can.
Speaker 1: Be heroes just for one day, and I had the time of my life.
Speaker 2: The rock it's the rock element. So let me just say that I do love a lot of that man's sensibilities. Those are songs I love. I just would have thought he would have gone with different ones. Well, I think that would be number one rock love song of all time. Heroes bit of I don't think of it as that, but there's apparently like a love story about the Berlin Wall, and so that is he was over there and she was over there and climbed it. That is during David Bowie's Berlin trilogy. So when he decided he went. He made three records with Brian Eno in Berlin, and they did and that was on I believe the second record of the Berlin Trilogy. But that song's amazing, dude, it gives me chills. It's a great song.
Speaker 1: And that to your rock sex playlist. Everyone there, you go. Happy Valentine's Day, everybody, all right? Coming up next in the big finish, which hopefully is the same way you conclude the day's events and celebrate Valentine's Day. Coming up next, we will finish our SNL cast member bracket.
Speaker 2: That's next