Speaker 1: At a book.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to be able to listen to the show without ads and have full access to bonus content, that's an option. To find out how, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com Forward Slash Podcast. Tonight's guest is Joe Bass. Joe, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Vick Oh, you're welcome. Thank you for your time. Joe, please give us a brief bio on yourself.
Speaker 3: Brief bio. My name is Joe Bass.
Speaker 1: I am founder of Uncanny Cryptid Cartographer. I am about fifty five years old and very much I'm backwoods apple Achian, bushcrafter, cryptid believer, lover of the woods, lover of the environment.
Speaker 3: And we can get into the rest lighter.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a plan. Yeah, we definitely will get into the rest in a bid here. And when we spoke for the first time, you mentioned all the time you spent rooming around the mountains and the Appalachians having a ball. While I'm wondering you didn't know about dogmen back then. With that in mind, do you see that as a good thing looking back, or do you wish you would have known about dog men sharing those mountains with you? As you're rooming wild.
Speaker 1: Dog Man at the point in my life was as far as I concerned, I really had never heard of it.
Speaker 3: It was like the Werewolf of London, something on black and white movies.
Speaker 1: That really was not something for me to be concerned about. I was a backwards man. The only thing to be really concerned about was people in the woods. Everything else I could take with a grain of salt or know how to navigate my way around it. So the dog man experience really wasn't there. Looking back at certain experiences, there could have been things that were on the liminal way that could have said that there might have been a dog man watching, or satsquatch watching, or some other sort of limital force creature that was there, like a small blip of a childhood experience which I never really thought about until now. I was riding my bike through the woods, and it was during the era where every kid had a Shwin banana seat bicycle, and that was like somewhere in the eighties, and I was in the woods myself, just riding my bike, and I heard something graul, like a real guttural growl, but it wasn't like anything I heard before, and I got like that dream terror type of feeling inside my gut and took off all of the woods with my bike. But I guess, as I continue to think about it and reflect, there are things that have happened, I guess my entire life, but nothing kind of solidified until it was June thirteenth, twenty twenty, and that was my experience that happened in the Appalachians in western North Carolina Tennessee border.
Speaker 2: That changed everything. Now you look for them now, Joe, But do you think you would have looked for them back then when you were a kid, if you would have known about their existence. I don't know what kind of a kid you were. Some kids, if they would know about something like that, then heck yeah, they'd be looking for them at every opportunity. But other kids, they wouldn't even think about heading back into the mountains.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I would have tried to. I honestly think I would.
Speaker 1: I would have tried to make friends with it, and I think I might have been I would have been becoming an annoyance to the dog man because I was that type of kid. I was always poking around looking for frogs or you know, catching snakes or sitting in the bush trying to attract the bird to come and sit on my shoulder. So I never really visualized anything as being the enemy animal or the predator. It was more along the track or Tom Brown, and I would follow his passion for nature and wildlife. So I think the fear that whatever this being is that likes to instill in people probably would have scared me the same way it scared me when I was on my bike riding trails in the woods.
Speaker 3: It's that uncontrollable.
Speaker 1: Get out that this being emanates.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's when I'm beginning to conclude it's kind of like a defense mechanism, like a skunk. You don't stick around and make friends with a skunk after it sprays you, So the dog man might have the same type of eminence around it that it creates that you really don't have a choice but to leave.
Speaker 2: You just mentioned the fear that they tend to instill in us. With that in mind, pretty much anyone who knows anything about dog men has pretty strong opinions regarding the danger they present or the dangers that they don't present. If you bump into one. What are your thoughts on.
Speaker 1: That bumping into one, well, I think before you bump into one, it already knows whether it wants to bump into.
Speaker 3: You or not.
Speaker 1: And my experience that I had in western North Carolina was kind of there was no bumping into I think it was there observing until we were made aware by another being that was there. And we can discuss that later as we move on through this. If you get too close to certain territorial things, these beings come from a very very ancient, ancient time, and some of them they've lost all like memory. They're kind of like they don't know who they are, but they still run on autopilot. And it's same as having a dog on the other side of the fence. If the fence is there, whether we can see it or not, the dog man will guard whatever is on the other side of the fence and it will instill that fear. But once that fence is removed by whomever, your mentality, your ignorance of being in the woods, you become invisible to the dog man. It's kind of like if you take the fence away from a junkyard dog. A junkyard dog doesn't really see you there. Its purpose is gone, but if there's something there, whether it's some ancient tribal memory or some other type of liminal barrier, the dog men will continue to be there, whether they're in America, Ireland, Africa, wherever they may be, or maybe encountered. These beings have been here for a very long time, and they're global.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one of the many funny things about these guys. So many people think if you're not around Michigan, if you're not around Wisconsin, you don't have to worry about running into one. But like you said, they really are all over. They definitely are. While investigating in a particular area, you found out about what locals in the area call night people. Please tell us more about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's certain areas in Washington State and the natives that are in that area, and I need to be very careful how I speak about the native populations in that area. They hold everything extremely sacred and it's almost taboo to speak about certain things like this. So I'm going to touch it very lightly, not to insult anybody, and give them thanks for the stories that they have provided. The night people are the call them stick Indians, and these are beings that they're they're they're more of shadow. They're guardians of sacred areas, and they are very nocturnal, and they run trails, they run ridges, they run woods, they make particular sounds. They they cause people, they like escort people out of the woods. They can be mistaken as the sasquatch by a lot of researchers are just casual experiencers that really don't know what they're experiencing. These are the night people, or others have called them the Channado.
Speaker 3: So that's what I know about the night people.
Speaker 2: Is it possible that the night people might be able to shape shift into the form of what looks like a dog men And sometimes when people go into areas that they're not welcome in the night people are actually behind it. It's not an actual dog man that's escorting them out.
Speaker 3: That could be partial truth.
Speaker 1: I'm not an expert on that, but that's why I'm continuing my research.
Speaker 3: Shape shifting. According to if you see a dog.
Speaker 1: And upright by petal dog the size of a grizzly bear standing in a shadow off trail or in front of you or behind you backdrop by whatever light fog, it would be a very scary thing. To see, and in our own like primal consciousness, seeing a wolf on the trail is about the scariest thing a person can see.
Speaker 2: It sure is, because back when we lived in caves, we've been programmed to be terrified of seeing anything like that out there in the wild. So yeah, it's no wonder that affects us the way it does. All right, Joe, please tell us about your encounter. Now, give us a real last detail that comes to mind.
Speaker 3: Okay, every last detail. You got it, Ricky.
Speaker 1: So there's experiences that can become dividing in everybody's life, and you can measure everything as either before or after. When you enter into this world, things completely become before or after. So it's kind of confusing, and this is my story to abate that confusion my family. There was a dividing line that happened on June thirteenth, twenty twenty deep inside in the Appalachian Cove along the North Carolina Tennessee border. It was in the middle of summer, similar to what's happening across the United States right now. It was ninety degrees, but in the forest it was a little bit cooler, especially along the stream that we knew so we drove several miles into the old Forest Service road until civilization completely disappeared. There's nothing, no people, no four wheelers, nothing, no cars, just dead end forest road. There's towering hardwoods. They're enclosed and by like a narrow valley, so it's kind of like you're driving into a cut between rocks and river and the stream is ice cold. It never chills down, it never it never heats up. It's always chilly. Pardon me. It's a hidden place and time absolutely slows down here. There's when you get into it. There's no reason to rush. It's just you make your day and however long it may be there, it seems like an entire lifetime that you're back in the woods. So my wife and I decided to take a cold plunge in this area while our daughter played nearby, and we laughed and splashed and let out loud instinctive whoops as the water shocked our bodies. So as a looking back, you know, I wondered if those natural whoops, as we all know sasquatch gets attracted by whoops, right, that we might have attracted what I refer my wife refers to is the sentinel of the woods and that was what through the rock. But before I get ahead of myself, here we were in this water and we were enjoying ourselves and it was just like the perfect family experience. And that's when everything changed because there was no silence of the woods. There was no os effect, and os effect means that's when the birds go quiet, and everything just kind of stopped. That did happen? A large rock crashed down into the creek, only a few yards downstream from where we stood, and that's when we stopped laughing. It was instantaneous guard up and party over. We were looking at the direction and my eyes locked onto a place where the rock had landed and beneath the shadow of the overhanging trees and behind what's called bee balm. It's this bright red, very scented type of flower that grows natively in the streams of North Carolina. Behind this, I could see what was There was a crouched creature. And it wasn't a bear, it wasn't a dog, it wasn't a person. I've been in the woods long enough to recognize what I'm looking at. This was covered in midnight black fur, and its muzzle was elongated but it wasn't like the bear brown. It was more of a black, more of a baboon type of muzzle, and the eyes were jet black too.
Speaker 3: But it never rushed, it never lunched. It just simply watched, similar to like the Thinking Man. It just watched and it looked at me.
Speaker 1: And my daughter had seen it at that moment, but since then she's completely forgotten the entire experience.
Speaker 3: She was very young at that point.
Speaker 1: But the thing that I've never been able to explain this theodity, and I've never heard this in any dog man's story. It began to flicker. The closest comparison I can make, it almost looked how similar to the Star Wars holograms when they played Chester, when C three po put out the hologram of Princess Leah, it was similar to that. It's outline would shift in and out of view. But whether that appearance was caused by lighting, my perception or something I can't explain, I honestly don't know. I only know that it's exactly how I remember seeing it. So instinct took over at that point and it was pure adrenaline. I grabbed my daughter and I threw it across the stream. It wasn't like a lunge. It was like the stream was maybe three four feet wide. So I just threw it across the stream and toward the safety of my wife because she was already creating a safe place inside the truck, and we left immediately. The next thing either of us clearly remembers is driving down the mountain road talking about how refreshing the cold water was despite the summer heat, and we neither of us remembers discussing what happened at all.
Speaker 3: It was completely blocked.
Speaker 1: That missing piece of memory remains one of the strangest aspects of the entire experience.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 1: We don't know why we couldn't remember. It was nearly a year or so that passed before we seriously talked about that afternoon.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: We were living in Washington State at that moment, and the whole reason why we were doing the cold plunging was to prepare our bodies for the cold waters of Washington, which we were going to go swim into glaciers. It had nothing to do with the doug Man, It had nothing to do with searching out sasquatch or any other limital creature. We just wanted to go swim in cold glacial waters of Washington State for the summer, that's all. And it led to this. And while we were in Washington State, we ran into other people that had Sasquatch experiences. Almost seemingly the entire state of Washington has sasquatch experiences. Or you stop at a gas station, someone is telling you about sasquatch. You know, welcome to Washington. Please share your sasquatch experience with us as you leave. So we were speaking to some people and we were telling them about our experience, and I was telling about how the rock landed and I saw the things crouching in the shadows, and my wife looked at me and she said, that's not what I saw. And that's when the other story came out. How she looked uphill towards the direction where she believed the rock was thrown from and hidden up in the laurels, which are thick. I mean, you can fallow off the side of a mountain if you hit a laurel, patrickal just bounce down because they're so thick and impenetrable. But what she saw up there was what she described what appeared to be a large, hairy brown boulder, and then it moved. She could see the dark skin beneath the hair. She could see the face. It was almost like it had like the dark gray, earthy green hunter type makeup on, but it was not makeup. And then it moved and she could see the eyes, and that's they were wet and they were reflective, and they were staring right back at her. As soon as the eye contact was made. She watched the figure slow like it swayed back and forth like all the other sasquatch experiences talk about, but we never really heard or kind of put two and two together, but it was very similar to a lot of other stories of experiences about the site's way back and forth. So that's when she decided to head for the truck. She wasn't telling me what she was seeing. I wasn't pointing to the thing. We all assumed we were seeing the same thing and having the same experience.
Speaker 3: But she saw something which could be considered to be a sasquatch.
Speaker 1: So that was the sentinel during the rock to give us attention that there was what I did not see. As a man, I did not know what I saw. I didn't say it was a baby sasquatch. I didn't say it was a hunter hiding in the woods, because the glitchy effect took that all the way. It took many other years of figuring out finally that I might have been looking directly at a dog man. And that's what I feel in my heart. So years later we came back, and this was last year, not this year. It was twenty five. We decided to go back. We came back to visit North Carolina and we went back to the site of the experience. That's when we had become familiar with liminal etiquette, which is, you know, a sasquatch etiquette. You bring in apple or you bring some sage, and you do a little ceremony of apologies. And when we did that, my wife kind of stayed back in the truck at that point. And when I said my apologies to whatever being that was there, there was a strong wind that blew through the cove, and there was a very loud trill whistle that followed with the wind. And when we heard that, that was our confirmation, and that timing caught our attention, and my wife, being who she is, she said, it's time to go now. And so we listened. Now on the third visit, which was this year, after coming back from Washington again, we go back fourth. We love Washington, we love the people there, we love the stories. We also loved North Carolina, and the traditions at the mountains hold here as well, so we feel connected coast to coast. The third visit, neither of us felt openly threatened, but both of us had the unmistakable feeling that we were being watched from somewhere beyond the forest. What we could see it wasn't welcoming. It was more like you walked into somebody's home, but everybody hid behind the furniture, but you knew.
Speaker 3: They were there.
Speaker 1: So I stood up on a large rock that was beside the creek, and my wife was over listening to something as well, and we're observing where we.
Speaker 3: Had witnessed these two beings.
Speaker 1: And there was this powerful shove that hit my chest and it forced me backwards, and so I kind of I basically fell off the rock, landed gracefully, but I turned around and my wife is like waving at me to basically get back into the vehicle. I didn't see anything, and I couldn't identify what caused it. But what she reported, She said she was hearing like indistinct voices that were coming from the surrounding vegetation. She couldn't distinguish the words, only what sounded like a quiet conversation hidden in the brush. But so once again we decided it was time to leave. There was no memory of life or anything else like that. And I really don't have like any type of need to go back to the spot again. And that's kind of what you experience when you get in these aspects that are unexplained.
Speaker 3: You continue to wrestle with them or you make peace with them.
Speaker 1: So with that, you know, I make no claim of possessing the definitive answer what was there.
Speaker 3: I can only tell you what we remembered that single afternoon changed the direction of our lives.
Speaker 1: What began as one unexplained encounter became years of research. She doesn't really want to bring that into our lives because of her being the protective mama bear that she is, But me being the individual that I am, I love the woods and everything it's in it. I also love history and regional folklore, indigenous oral traditions and what they have been publicly documented, like frontier journals, old newspaper archives, modern eye witness reports. So I searched for recurring patterns rather than just isolated stories. And you mentioned Michigan. There there is something in the Michigan, Wisconsin area that is attracting a lot of dog man stories, similar to the Land Between the Lakes area that is down here, same thing. So there's something there that I need to.
Speaker 3: Focus on now.
Speaker 1: As for my research, like I said, it expands beyond Appalachia into the Pacific, Northwest, Rocky Canada, Europe and elsewhere. I compare reports of sasquatch, large hated beings often referred to today as the dog man.
Speaker 3: Others referred to them as like a Nubis.
Speaker 1: Or there's other Greek stories that have dogs, or many other stories of just dog headed people.
Speaker 3: So I look for those similarities.
Speaker 1: Even in the movies, there's like with the Wolf and the Howling and the were Wolf of London and then the old timey Transylvania. There's there's truth, there's myth, and then there's just absolute human invention that comes from any of these. So this research eventually led me to the comparative mythology which I just went over, which falls into linguistics and religious traditions and humanity's oldest stories. I explored traditions from Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece, the Minoan world, Celts, Norse cultures which north have lots of the wolf, the barker. The stories of the Canter's Prayer talks about this man that was a canter that was often some remote village and he's telling a story about his transformation into a wolf. And that was sent to me in a message on my website, not website, but my Facebook group Uncanny Crypto Cartographer, but it was deleted afterwards, and it was the Canter's prayer. And I studied that prayer and I could see how that could relate to stories of dog Man, but all the way back in the twelve hundreds.
Speaker 3: So during that I.
Speaker 1: Parallel my own knowledge, which is like the study of wildlife behavior, tracking, bushcraft survival, forestry, ecology and geology and landscape history.
Speaker 3: I'm a steward of the.
Speaker 1: Woods, and being a steward requires careful observation, and whenever possible, I look for ordinary explanations before considering the extraordinary ones. And that's why when I saw this being, I could look past all of the mimicry that could be involved, And honestly, I think that a lot of Sasquatch experiences there is a mimic in the woods that gives people what they want to hear. That mimic will give the fear that these people need to have to experience when they're in the woods. If you go out in the woods looking for the Boogeyman, you're going to find a boogeyman. However it may manifest for itself, and Lord help those people that go out into the woods looking for dog man. So over the years, I've interviewed researchers. I've connected with many researchers. I have.
Speaker 3: Some ability to be able to find things on the map, see things in a way.
Speaker 1: And yes, I do use technology as well, and I look at my maps, I look at the coordinates, and then I cross reference stories that are real to those coordinates and experiences that can be gathered almost instantaneously by the Internet. Most of us can do that, but there's those who can just mimic it, and then there's that can actually do what a lot of other people can't do. And I'm not claiming to be the absolute expert. Neither should anybody else that's in this field. These can be campfire stories, and they can be myth and lore and oral tradition, and it teaches about our sense of place, who we are as people, and how we respond to the world around us. So some people may conclude that our experiences have a conventional explanation. Others may believe it points towards something completely unknown and choose to keep it as there.
Speaker 3: And I respect both perspectives.
Speaker 1: But as for me, on June thirteenth and twenty twenty, that was the day my life work took a new direction. It's not a mission to convince the world that Dogman exists. Instead, it became a lifelong commitment of documenting witness accounts and preserving forgotten history, and discovering history that.
Speaker 3: Might have not even been known completely bulldozed over.
Speaker 1: Now, whatever the answers may ultimately be, I believe these accounts deserve thoughtful investigation rather than immediate dismissal. I will always return to the mountains with wonder, but I no longer walk into an old forest believing that we know everything that lives within it.
Speaker 3: Thick and that's my story.
Speaker 2: Do you think the heat wave that you said was going on when you had your encounter had anything to do with you having it.
Speaker 3: No, the heat wave just drew us into the woods.
Speaker 1: And it was at a special spot in the woods that we have always gone to.
Speaker 3: I think from what my perspective is is we were.
Speaker 1: On a path to go to Washington State, and Washington State being a very spiritual place, a very limited place, high concentrations of particular beings such as sasquatch. There are dog men up there, but they're a different type than the dog men in the Appalachian Mountains. The ones in Washington State are more refined, definitive, extremely territorial, but they're not seen very much, unlike the consistent stories that happened with the encounters of a more feral and wild type of dog man that are in the Appalachians.
Speaker 3: I do believe that it was the beginning.
Speaker 1: Ceremony, is the best way I could put it, the door opening for our entry into Washington State and to gain more knowledge to bring it back here and eventually lead us to this conversation that we're having here.
Speaker 2: Why do you think it is that dog men in the Appalachian Mountains are more territorial than they are in other.
Speaker 3: Areas population density.
Speaker 1: That is, basically there are more people that are in on the eastern side of the United States, and the deeper you go into unpopulated areas, it's still densely populated and they're very guarded. In the last remnant spaces. Versus Washington State, there's millions of acres and barely one person would step anywhere in those millions of acres for years, So they could have entire regions to themselves for years and not be bothered. And so it's kind of like the deer here, I will say, the deer in the eastern United States, when they see a person, they run, They just they bolt. They see you, they run, they huff, they stump, they're out of there. If you go out west, especially in areas like Port Townshend, the deer are as common as New York pigeons. They will sit in the middle of the road, they will walk up to your car, they will sit.
Speaker 3: On your front porch. They're not afraid of you.
Speaker 1: And it's due to the population.
Speaker 3: There's not many people in Washington, so why would deer have any fear of you. And it's the same way with the dog man type there that they really have no reason to show their territoriality because there's lines that have divided that and people don't go into the woods like they go into the woods here.
Speaker 1: You go into the woods in Washington State, there's bears and cougars and wolves, and there's things that can eat you. You will disappear in the woods. There are so many people that disappear in those woods comparable to the amount of people that the most dangerous thing here is you got people and snakes and maybe a.
Speaker 3: Bear to hurt you in the woods, and just your own indecisions and bad choices you make. So yeah, that's that's how I see the reason dog Men is so territorial of their places here.
Speaker 2: I don't want to put words into your mouth, but it sounds like, and it would make really good sense if this is what you're saying. It sounded to me like you're saying that dog Men and the Appalachians are more territorial because of all the people who are there doing things that that perturbed them. And if that's the case, what do you think it is that we do that ticks them off more so than anything else.
Speaker 3: Well, we build, that's one thing. There's if you take a look at.
Speaker 1: The area that is wrought with tie all types of dog man stories. Is Land between the Lakes that was an old settlement until the Forest Service decided to take it over or whatever service that happened there. The Tendency Authority took it over and they kicked everybody out. But it's population and settlement and disregard for sacred areas, and that's you know, if you go into the woods and you're looking to instigate, and you're going down a trail and you're knocking on trees and you're screaming or you're flashing lights, and you know you're bringing all the stuff that is unnatural. You know, you're beating the hoard's nest on purpose, and you're gonna have an experience. And most people, you know, they they're driving down the road and they're having a good time, and similar to what we were doing in the woods, but.
Speaker 3: Our good time was not intentional for bothering.
Speaker 1: There are researchers that go up there and they they for the purpose of research to gather information. That's what happens. They instigate it, and then the story happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like we're ruined anything that we touch, and we're going to pristine areas. Before you know what, there's trash laying around and we're cutting down trees. You can't really blame them for not wanting us to be around. That's understandable. If you've had a dog meaning encounter that you need help dealing with, or if you'd like to be a guest done the show, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com and submit a report. If you've had a bigfoot sighting, I'd like to be a guest on one of my two big foot podcasts, please go to my Bigfoot Sighting dot com. Earlier, you talked about the possibility that dogmen sometimes serve as guard dogs to keep people out of certain areas. Do you think the dog man you saw that day let you see it because it was trying to act as a guard dog, or do you think it allowed you to see it for some other reason.
Speaker 3: The guard dog wasn't that presence wasn't felt.
Speaker 1: I believe it allowed us to see it, because what I saw it was the rock that was thrown by the other being, the other sent and all the sasquatch that was in the woods that I did not see that my wife did see she did not see what I saw, the dog Man entity what I originally called the flicker eight because I didn't recognize it as being the dog Man.
Speaker 3: Until later. I believe that the rock is what allowed me to see it.
Speaker 1: It was there, but it kind of tried to go away, and I think that was the flickering that I was seeing. Was it trying to face but I was because I was in the cold plunge, which the cold plunging of water changes the way you see things, the way you perceive the world around you. It's just a physiological thing that happens to the body. And I also believe that's kind of what attributed to instead of just seeing a rock fall and then the creature behind the direction that the rock was given me. It was there as a silent observer because I've always been in the woods. And it's similar to Jane Goodall. You know, she's in the woods and she gains the trust of all the apes and eventually the apes, you know, interact with her. It was the same thing I believe happening here. I've always been a child of the woods. The woods has never been threatening to me at all ever, and that was the first time that I saw something beyond my recognition to categorize it as a man or bear or wolf or some creature that is a physical being.
Speaker 3: And I was seeing this in my waking mind.
Speaker 1: I wasn't drunk, wasn't on any type of illicit drugs. We were just having a good time swimming in the water and we saw what we saw. And I think this being that I saw is not per se the same being that's always been around, but it's a similar liminal energy that has always been next to me in the woods.
Speaker 3: So no, I did not see this as being a threat.
Speaker 2: Well good, Well, I'm sure that's one of the many reasons why you see that experience as a positive one. And that's a good thing. If you saw that dogman in that area that you and your wife liked to go to, and it sounds to me like, again, I don't want to put words into your mouth, but it sounds to me like, just like with Jing Goodall, wanting to spend time around chimps the way she did, to build a level of familiarity to the point where they would just start acting normal even though she was present. Listening to you say the things you've said tonight is one of the reasons why you go back to that area time and time again to build a level of familiarity with that dog mean you saw or is it for some other reason.
Speaker 1: Confirmation is the main reason I went back to that area after the experience. Now, prior to the experience we had, we would go back just to swim because we truly enjoyed those cold waters that we would swim in. And that was the only reason we went back to that area the second time and the last time that we went to that area. The second time was to offer our apologies for any transgressions that might have happened, so we didn't get the so called hitchhiker effect, which would be like the dog man staring in your window or you know, finding scratches, you know, on your car in the middle of the night and not wondering where that came from. We went back to say our apologies, and the last time, the final time we went back, was to have a conformation that what happened there was real. And the confirmation was I was pushed off that rock and like fell backwards.
Speaker 3: But didn't hit any stone, didn't land on my butt.
Speaker 1: I recovered very easily, but I was pushed off that rock, and my wife heard the voices that were in the brush. There's nobody there, and it's miles and miles from any known like trail that you can get on, so we know when we hear people talking versus there's something there. It's just a there's a feeling that's inside of you. There's a feeling that the wood gives you that lets you know if there's people in the woods or there's something that you need to you need to leave. And this time the last time, I won't say it was a negative experience. It was just don't come back. You got your confirmation you need to stop bothering us. And that was what we got from that area is you know we're here, Go find yourself another swimming hole.
Speaker 3: Please. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When they want to get a message across, they're masters are doing that. They really are. If the dog man you saw was able to flicker the way it did, what do you think that dog man actually was a spiritual being or some flesh and blood creature that has special abilities.
Speaker 1: I believe at this point in with dog Man, over the centuries and the eons and the millions of years, that dog Man has been present on this plane of reality that we know.
Speaker 3: Dog Man might have walked with our ancestors.
Speaker 1: There's pictures you can go, there's etchings, there's drawings, there's lore of dog Man like side by side.
Speaker 3: With you know, humans.
Speaker 1: And the more you get closer to our time period now the story changes and it becomes more malicious.
Speaker 3: And then eventually, as we.
Speaker 1: Are in this time period now in the two thousands, dog Man is kind of phasing out of our reality. Instead of being flesh and bone, it's becoming.
Speaker 3: More serial liminal.
Speaker 1: And what I saw, I believe was because of where my state of mind was due to the cold plunging that was happening. We were doing what was called wim Hoff therapy, and wim Hoff is many people can look up, is the aficionado of cold therapy and breathing therapy, and it changes the way you see the world around you. And inadvertently, by practicing this so we could go to Washington it's women glacial waters and not have heart attacks, it opened our mind to see something and it wasn't on purpose. So we could see the dog manner sasquatch. We had no clue what we were looking at in any way, and I think what we saw was an instantaneous flash of a reality that exists around us at all times.
Speaker 2: Do you think that means that that dog man's able to access other dimensions? Or by it flickering in and out of existence here where we are, do you think that means something else?
Speaker 1: As for dimensions, I totally believe that's where this being exists, along with all the other liminal beings of folklore that are worldwide.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what they can do. Then that would definitely explain a lot, it really would. Being as young as your daughter was when you had that encounter, are you glad the dog man being there is lost on her or do you wish you could compare notes with her on what you saw that day?
Speaker 1: It's pretty much gone out of her memory. She was a youngster and most kids of that age lose memory of whatever they see, So yeah, she doesn't remember any of it.
Speaker 3: It was just a happy day swimming in the woods.
Speaker 1: It kind of stayed like that, and she's not like apprehensive about it or anything like, I don't remember this, it's just it's just not there.
Speaker 2: I'm glad it just was a happy day swimming in the woods to her. But at times. Do you wish you could compare notes with her about the dog man being there? Are you glad?
Speaker 3: I'm glad.
Speaker 1: It's neither here nor there. It's just one of those memories that you know she doesn't have, and she might have later. It was same as we might not have remembered anything at.
Speaker 4: All, because for a year there was no memory of that instant happening until we made it to Washington, and it became by proxy of just being in Washington part of the sasquatch experience there and.
Speaker 1: Speaking with people and people, you know, wondering if I was looking at a juvenile sasquatch that it was protecting, or you know, just so many other stories, you know, kind of came out of the woodworks. And eventually, after going back and forth on this and running into other people and other researchers and other podcasters, it's becoming more apparent that it was a dog man that I experienced, and that the dog man has been around me my entire life, not really shaping just kind of walking side by side like a faithful dog in the woods, but not coming out like wagging its tail and chasing balls and doing anything else like that. It was just one of those beings that I always enter the woods with respect. The woods is full of medicine, the woods is full of stories, the woods is full of healing, and the woods can be full of just in reality.
Speaker 3: Mother Nature.
Speaker 1: She will take you out in a second without thinking or blinking or realizing sometimes that you're just part of the process. And there's been multitude of situations that I've been in the woods that I could have been taken out with the process. But I've never been taken out with the process because I believe that that shadow that I was allowed to see in the woods on June thirteenth of twenty twenty was part of what has always been in my life as a guardian in the woods. And that might go against all the dog Man theories of it being an absolute terror. Well, I don't know what to say about that. It's not like I'm being possessed by the dog Man or I'm you know, giving the message to humanity that the dog Man has to present, not being an advocate of dog Man, but also not being.
Speaker 3: You know, the hunter, the one that wants to go out and hunt dog Man to prove that it's an evil beast and have its head stuck on my wall. Dog man is a guardian, and as we all know canines, they are what they are. They can be feared or they can be loved.
Speaker 2: As you know, Joe, there are a lot of people out there who would envy you because you got to see that dog me in and of course there are a lot of people who would feel sorry for you. It really is funny how that works. It really is. Now. Seeing the dog mean is one thing, but having a sasquatch close enough to you at that time to be seen also, That really hints to me that the two just might have been working together. And with that in mind, do you think they.
Speaker 3: Were day that I have? I can ponder in both directions. There's two sides to all stories. It can be neither here nor there.
Speaker 1: There are some people that say that the stone was thrown so I could see the dog man before it jumped on me, and or that the stone was thrown so I could see what I saw and it was a confirmation of what I was about to go into when I went to Washington, and for me to bring back the knowledge not just for myself but to the entire community. And however it may pass, so before it gets all muddled and discompubulated. In my words, there's two sides to all stories. And I do know that I'm not going back there again. Other people can find it, however they may. I'm not giving exact directions to the place, but it's there, and if you're meant to go there, you'll find it. But if you go there and consistently poke the dog that lives there, you're gonna get pushed back, just like I did when I got pushed back on that rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully no one does find that, dear you, and wind up poking the beer. That wouldn't be good or a good idea.
Speaker 3: That's right, not at all.
Speaker 2: Now. You've mentioned your wife and the role that she played in what happened that day quite a bit here today, But I still don't know. Is she glad that she didn't see that dog me in or does she seem to be glad she is?
Speaker 1: Yep, she's absolutely glad that she did not see what I saw. There is some sort of sort of deep down aversion against having a dog man experience.
Speaker 3: She's not she's not ready for that to happen in her lives.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what they say, know thine own self. It's good that she does know herself well enough to know she couldn't handle that.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: You told us about the things you do to try to follow sasquatch etiquette. But are there certain things you do to try to find some kind of a dog mannetiquette when you're in the areas where they might be.
Speaker 5: That I'm still figuring out, because whatever I did when I went back to the to the experienced spot, I was out of place and.
Speaker 1: I got shown that I was out of place. Etiquette or the canine, I would suspect it would be the same as anything that we have that is solid existing being on this planet, which would be the wolf or any type of dog that's feral. Learn its ways, and pretty much the way of the wolf is you keep your distance away and you never look at it in the eye, always look away from it, and respect the fear that it puts into you when you feel it, just as you would do with any dog. You are you going to jump the fence when there's a pit bull on the other side, garden in the junkyard, No, you're just gonna look at it and maybe next time you come with a bone. But even if you give that dog a bone. If you jump over that fence, it's are going to get you. It's going to eat the bone too, but it's going to get you. So if that could be like somehow translated into dog man etiquette, and there should be no reason people are looking for this thing.
Speaker 2: I like the examples you give when it comes to dog men. It does seem like common sense would be pretty much the only thing you would need to know to follow some kind of dog man etiquette, if there is such a thing. Have the Native Americans who told you about the stick Indians ever told you about face eaters at all?
Speaker 1: No, that's that's never that, that's a new one. Face eaters. Nope, I have not heard of face eaters.
Speaker 3: Face eaters.
Speaker 2: They have other names too. Some people call them gugway. Other people call them type three dog men. They are purported to be really dangerous. They can look a lot like sad watch, but they have claws and they have sharp teeth. Some people say they don't always have claws, but every case I've ever heard about had them having claws. But in certain regions, if you ask about dog men, that's what people will think of. They don't think about what we're talking about tonight with the Candid style legs. They think about type threes face eaters with Rahamanid style legs. But yeah, I wasn't sure if you'd heard about them or not.
Speaker 3: I have myself.
Speaker 1: I've developed a similar theory, but I never called them face eaters. There's the name that keeps on rising up in my own research, and it's a Varger and it's a v A R g R. And that came about while I was making discussions with dog Man.
Speaker 3: Tpe Hunter Phil from the UK.
Speaker 1: And Burger came from the message I was given about the Canter's prayer and I looked up Burger and Burger is if there's particular Sasquatch clans, not all of them all. There's many different types and variations, but there's a particular clan that when they're on their life cycle, their journey, they gather weight. And when people find the Sasquatch footprints, that is the last moment the Sasquatch has in this reality, this plane of existence, but it's carrying.
Speaker 3: The world, the way to the world.
Speaker 1: In its very being, and the imprint is the last thing, the last thing that is left before the sasquatch starts to cycle back over again, what I call the unraveling, and then it emerges somewhere in the forest again out of the fog. I'm not sure the process, but no one has ever found remains, no bones, no flesh, no dead bodies of a sasquatch. So there has to be a different type of cycle that these beings go through. And there is an interruption that happens sometimes, and this is due to human influence, whether it's innocent bystanders researchers. Squatch becomes attracted to campgrounds, it becomes like the trash bear. There's an interruption in that being's life cycle and it misses the chance to unravel and started cycle over again as a forrest guardian, because it's being influenced by human activity around it.
Speaker 3: Whether it's intentional or non intentional.
Speaker 1: The particular clans, they become like the face eater, which I called the barker, and they can be misidentified as a dog man. And I've came to the belief that it's not the sasquatch that trans forms into the dog man. There is the dog man entity, the energy, the archetype, the liminal being is already in the woods and they kind of meld together and become this other being which you referred to as the face eater.
Speaker 3: And that's what people are explaining.
Speaker 1: And this is the first time I've ever heard of this from another individual because I've kept this theory about how the sasquatch and dog man can like become one until.
Speaker 3: They stop getting bothered.
Speaker 2: It just seems so counterintuitive to ever bother something like that. It's so formidable, but people do all sorts of crazy things, things I just never will understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, five hundred pounds being in the middle of the woods that could pick up a current throw why somebody, It's just who we are. We need humans need to see what's hiding in the shadows, and we're very attracted to what scares us, or what can be uncovered, or the oral traditions of stories that.
Speaker 3: Have never been told. And what's the most memoriable thing about going camping. It's the scary campfire story. And that's where.
Speaker 1: There's the intersection between humans in the liminal existence. So we might not ever find evidence, but we always have the experience that can't be explained.
Speaker 2: You're right, it's always going to be that way, and of course, touching on what you said just a moment ago, we always have to poke the beer. That's just part of human nature, Joe. If any of the listeners who've had a dog me on sideing will like to contact you to share their sightings with you, what's the best way for them to do that.
Speaker 1: They can go onto my Facebook and look for uncanny Crypti cartographer and it's a mouthful, but it's on there, and they can contact me through there, or look on my Facebook job ass and then there's the group that's linked to me. That's the best way they can find. And it needs to be known that the best thing for me to do for them to do is if they could give me a coordinate of where this was seen. It doesn't have to be the exact coordinate. I know that that secrecy is a very necessary thing in a lot of people's lives because people are scared. They don't want other people going out there. Like I said, I'm not giving up where experience was because one, I'm not afraid that people will go out there and ruin everything and trash it. I'm worried that someone will go out there and have a very negative experience that I was not intending for them to have. So I don't want to be responsible for anybody's safety when they go out to have their own research experiences. So I want to give to the public that if they don't feel comfortable giving me the location, that's fine. They can share a story. They can give me a general idea that if they live in Ohio or if they live in California, just give me a mountain or something a land form of where this experience happened. Because the geographic area the way I do my research points to a lot of things that people can see if they know what they're looking for. And that's what I use my in depth knowledge of and then partial its instinct others. It's the way knowledge comes to me is so random that I can't really put my finger on how I can put my finger on things and locate things and give descriptions for things that can be.
Speaker 3: I would say ninety eight percent correct.
Speaker 1: And that's how I help people identify what they're experiencing and not have them be doing something else that might cause them harm or the environment that they're living in harm.
Speaker 2: You might not be able to explain how you do that, but sounds like gift, and you should be glad to have that gift.
Speaker 3: Thank you. You had the same gift pick well.
Speaker 2: Thank you, but I definitely don't have that gift. It's awfully nice of you to say, though. Before I ask you for your closing comments, Joe, please plug your show for us one more time and tell us how we can listen to it.
Speaker 1: The show is still in development and that's where I need to It's on pause at the moment. I'm still developing my YouTube show. It's more focused on the Facebook group at this time, and if you can catch me on other podcasts with other podcasters at the moment, that is where the listeners can find me. Similar to you know, Liminal being that's in the woods, You're going to have to follow breadcrumbs to follow the Uncanny Cryptic Cartographer because technical difficulties and glitches tend to happen that have blocked me to creating a substantial network when it comes to digital communication such as podcast. So far, I've been able to get away with the Uncanny Cryptic Cartographer, and as we had discussed before, there have been other remnant things that happened that kind of put blocks up so far, and I'm trying to figure out what those digital glitches are that stop me from expressing my story in a format such as this.
Speaker 2: Wow, Joe, it's hard enough to do what you do as it is. I'm so sorry to hear about the glitches. I just hope they stop soon. Yeah, yeah, that'd be really nice. Well, before we get out of here, do you have any clothing comments you want to put out there for us?
Speaker 3: Those in comment for those individuals and that search for dog Man, to keep an open mind, treats in your pocket, and keep to your side of the fence, and know when to go home.
Speaker 2: Those are good words of wisdom. And it's clear you put a lot of thought into this, Joe. This has been a lot of fun. It really has. Please remember, if I can never help you out in the future, just let me know and I'll be there for you.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you Vick and saying to you, oh.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it, and I'll keep that in mind. But having said that, thanks again so much for your time, and have a great night.