Speaker 1: Ac Oda Radio program phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. I think the term, and I didn't. I didn't craft the term. I saw somebody use it in relation to Gavin Newsom, but I think it's an invaluable term and that you're going to see a lot of it moving forward, a lot of it. Newsom is just one example. Let me tell you Newsom, if you watched any of that dude's interviews, he is he is. He's god tear politician man. Just his ability to effortlessly roll through even even interviews where people who are are pointing out things that should be should be handcuffs for future elections, like his incident at the French laundry, He's able to just smile through the whole thing and go, yeah, biggest boneheaded mistake in my life. You gotta lit, you gotta lot, You got to move forward. And he was being interviewed by or he was being interviewed or on the podcast with Charlie Oh, I don't know his name is Cage, but a legitimate, legitimate dude who knows how to do political debate, and he just completely disarms him. And I'm not saying that Josh Stein is at that. But Josh Stein is trying to do the same thing, and the term is you're ready right washing, right, this is right washing. What you're seeing is a bunch of individuals who have been hyper progressive political animals their entire careers. Josh Stein, if you look at his voting record, everyone is sending me this the Illinois I got it. Okay, it's okay. Look, if there's a big story out there, chances are that I have it. So sending it to me three times is just weird. Okay, you can send it to me once. It's fine. Sending it to me three times in the last twelve hours, and then some others have said it to me just once, so that's fine. So have you just said it once. I'm not talking about you, But if you send it to me three times, that you.
Speaker 2: Need a hobby.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got it. It's okay. Sorry. So so going back to this, Josh Stein, if you look at his voting record, going back to his time in the legislature, and then you look at his ag performance, where basically he felt his job was to go file lawsuits on behalf of the Democrat Party. His job was to during COVID sit there and fight your ability to, you know, to do everything attempt to manipulate the state's elections in a back room with Mark Elias to the point where a court had to slap his hand down. Don't believe anything this dude says unless he's willing to commit to real change. And I'll give you an example of that. But do not let Josh Stein sit here and pretend because the political wins have changed, that he is some sort of moderate dude. He does not have a moderate dude track record, especially not as of late. So you know, during the State of the State yesterday, he's got.
Speaker 2: His aw shucks things going.
Speaker 1: He's tweeting alongside or obviously he's not, his staff is, but and you know he's saying things like like this, And you have to remember that this guy and his party didn't even didn't even his predecessor, his buddy, his mentor, couldn't even be bothered to actually put a point person in charge of relief.
Speaker 2: It was so insane.
Speaker 1: The Washington posted an article about it about how Roy Cooper didn't even do this thing, which, by the way, should handcuff Roy Cooper if he actually tries.
Speaker 2: To run for Senate. It's insane.
Speaker 1: But josh Stein also didn't really do anything. He wasn't vocal about it. I remember, I was just wanting either of these guys to sit there and say anything about it, anything.
Speaker 2: It was baffling to me.
Speaker 1: And the reason that they wouldn't criticize and be as angry as people in North Carolina were is because they would have had to criticize the Biden administration. They chose the Biden administrations feels over the people of western North Carolina. Do not let Josh Stein pretend that he's a champion for western North Carolina. Unless they're a barbecue joint that makes a barbecue sandwich he can take a photo with. He has to earn it. The dude needs to earn it. The guy who walked into my radio station and told one of my fellow employees, boy Casey effing hates me. I don't hate you in that sense. I hate what you do, and I hate the disingenuous nature of things like this.
Speaker 3: A number of folks on he still need help, Folks who lost everything.
Speaker 4: Florence, Folks who just want their home.
Speaker 1: Back like this is a This is a massive failure of the Democratic party if we're still talking about down East relief.
Speaker 3: Okay, the bill that we're waiting on also includes funding to help them move forward as well.
Speaker 4: And no matter where you.
Speaker 3: Live, if disaster strikes, we will be there for you here in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: But you weren't. You weren't because the what was needed, what was needed. The only thing, the only time that I saw, and I gave credit for this, the only time I saw Josh Stein kick into action. And he's welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, But I have to assume that Ral and others would have touted these other things had he actually been doing them. The only thing that I know that Josh Stein's really leaned into was that they were trying to get those hotel vouchers extended to the extent that other politicians really were along for the ride. But at least he was there, and I think you just realized that the visuals. I don't think he did it because he cares. Again, this is my opinion. I think he did it because he didn't want video of people whose homes were gone standing out in front of a Super eight motel they just got thrown out of in a blizzard. Okay, he didn't want those photos out there. So talking about eastern North Carolina, talking about failures in western North Carolina requires you to call out the problems, and you wouldn't do it. And it was rage inducing that you wouldn't do it because you held the office or were you know, on your way to winning the office, but were one of the top two candidates for the office. So it was I understood it because you can't you chose party over people here, So until you demonstrate that that's not the case, which includes you being brutally honest about the failures of your own parties leadership and your failures. I should have worked harder, I should have done this. We shouldn't have been in this situation. FEMA shouldn't have been out here screwing around and not doing stuff.
Speaker 2: And you you, you didn't.
Speaker 1: You refuse to participate in any of those conversations. So frankly, other than you signing the bill, which as a human, you should stay out of the way. If you're not going to be part of the solution. To put your signature on there, it's a it's a formality, and then shut up and and you know, do it, Go go, go tour restaurants or something. Go back to Wilbur's. Okay, I know you like eating there. I mean a lot of people like eating there. I understand that, but I have no bandwidth for it. I was just losing my crap. Watch I don't I don't need this level of stress, but just the ease and the smoothness pretending like okay, or pretending that you want an actual Doze style review of North Carolina spending. I'll explain what's up with this? Will we play the album?
Speaker 3: Of course, we have to be fiscally prudent, to be smart about how we invest our taxpayers' dollars. So that's why I'm directing my budget office to set up the Impact Center to ensure that our government has run effectively and efficiently, because people should know that their taxpayer dollars are being well spent.
Speaker 4: But let's get it right. Let's use a scalpel, not a chainsaw, all right.
Speaker 1: So, and this is not about thinking for a minute that there's rampant ways in North Caroline. This is about controlling the process. And I'm sorry, Josh Stein, you don't get to control the process in the minds of a lot of people. If it's going to be accomplished, right you know what I'm saying, Like, people don't leave, You're going to purge all of the wastefulness. There's too many pet there's too many Democrat pet projects right now, if between the two parties, and really when you get into the leadership of both parties, I don't know that I trust either of them.
Speaker 2: But like, you're not the man for the job.
Speaker 1: You owe too many favors you have, you know, you have too many allegiances to a lot of the things where you know, the DEI stuff, the stuff where people feel that there are actual wasteful things going on. So I'm sorry, I like it's a joke. It's just establishing another office that itself will probably become a money suck on the state of North Carolina. So no, I don't believe you think that there's a bunch of ways you got to do it. I think that you want a little show thing. Oh look what we're doing. We found some stuff and you'll probably only use it to go over things like well, you know, one of the things that's very wasteful is a school of vouchers because you're so beholden to the Teachers' Union if you want to gain a modicum of trust from people, if you honestly want to say things like this.
Speaker 3: What we've been talking about tonight, they're not red issues or blue issues. They are North Carolina issues. Of of course, on some of them, we may differ about how best to get where we want to go. That's fine, that is the democratic process. But I am certain that if we come together across our differences, we can find common ground and make progress. If those of us who believe in the possibility of bipartisanship look to Washington, d C.
Speaker 4: We will surely become discouraged.
Speaker 3: But we do not need to be pulled into those political games. We can create something better, something forward looking, right here in North Carolina, and we can do it together.
Speaker 1: You you are are You have no track record of bipartisanship, not in not in your time as ag not what I've seen so far in your time as governor.
Speaker 2: You don't mean that.
Speaker 1: There's another part where he's talking about, well, we want to get the best education. Well, a lot of people think that the best education is achieved by having the most choice, which is logical in any other scenario, any other scenario, right, just think of like, think, if there's a think of a product, okay, any product, I don't care what it is, A razor okay, just like you know, shave and razor whatever, you buy, big razor whatever. What do you think the quality of that big razor would be if there was not Gillette and you know, uh, Harry's, and you know all.
Speaker 2: The other companies out there.
Speaker 1: It requires unique pricing strategies, unique models. It requires a some that are higher quality than others, are more affordable than others, all of these different choices that are provided for consumers.
Speaker 2: So when it comes to education.
Speaker 1: If you feel that this is the one area where more doesn't necessarily equal potentially better options or even options that just fit more into the lifestyle of a particular family, then you don't mean it more choice, more opportunity, more decisions for parents who find themselves in an educational hell accounting that's not getting it done, a school district where it's just not happening, or they have unique needs that aren't being met, but the dollars are being extracted from the parents, you know, via taxes, via property taxes, and they're not able to use it in the most effective way, even though it is money that is specifically earmarked for educating their kids. And it's this fundamental disconnect that it's government's money and not the people's money. Government's money comes from the people and then is given back to the people. Well, that's also a really inefficient way to do things. Middlemen always taken a little chunk there. Let people make those decisions. So if he's serious about anything that he said yesterday, there needs to be a mea culpa over what happened with hurricane relief, not just in Western North Carolina, but as he mentioned down east. I know that they did fire one person. That's probably not enough fundamentally, whatever delivery system. I saw a report yesterday that we haven't made application for bridges yet in Western North Carolina, we haven't applied for bridges. Essentially, you have to go through and you have to have a plan for each of the bridges and it's you know, there's a bureaucracy around it, but there's a process through FEMA. If that, if that holds true, because I will say that the article does have it does have one piece of anonymous sourcing in there, and you know how I feel about those. But if that's the case, holy hell, What are we doing is how are we not moving at one thousand miles an hour right now? Especially with the receptive nature of the administration in Washington. What is the first thing that Donald Trump did from a Trump a visit standpoint after he was inaugurated?
Speaker 2: What's the first thing he.
Speaker 1: Did his first official visit in the United States after he was he came to western North Carolina. He made it a focal piece of his election. Why would you not take advantage of this? What are we doing? And also fix the DMV? Holy hell, man, can we just fix I'm nervous because I got to get my license renewed and I have to do the one where I go in Oh, what sweet hell that's gonna be. Oh, I can't wait. And then I hear stories about parents, I'm not making this up. Parents who want to get their kids road tests and they happen to live in like Wake County or whatever, and they have to go if they want their kid to be able to drive before they're a legal adult. They're booking in like you know, you know, of some random small county they got to drive two hours or three hours to get to because it's the only appointment they can get that.
Speaker 2: Whole thing is fundamentally broke.
Speaker 1: So look, there are a lot of things you can do that would garner respect and I think would meet these bipartisan requirements. And I didn't hear any of it yesterday, but I've just given you three suggestions. Make Western North Carolina your passion, use the administration school vouchers, and fix the DMV, and they probably make you governor for life. But you won't do any of those.
Speaker 2: Not really.
Speaker 1: We'll be back getting things roar rolling. I got all the FAA audio. Trust me, we are on it, boys and girls. We're gonna get to that actually here right well, right now, I'm gonna do that here in just a little bit. Actually, but me let me get this rolling again. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Curious what you thought if you watched any of the Josh Stein speech yesterday. Now, before the thing kicked off, they had themselves a little rally down, you know, an anti Doge, anti Elon, anti Trump rally down in front of the Capitol, and it's the usual suspect. So though, I think that one of the things that everyone should be doing would be very helpful for you is when you are watching any protest coverage nowadays, always if there's never a wide shot, ask yourself why. But if there is, ask yourself if those look like the protest crowds from I don't know roughly well, going back to Trump's first term, right, arguably you would have. You have to assume because of everything that's going on, the people on the left hate Trump more this time around, because he's just bulling a china shop, right, and he's destroying their norms and he's basically defunding all their stuff, And so it would track that the protest crowds would be bigger, especially if you've got a bunch of a bunch of folks who you know are are sitting there and probably know somebody who was in one of these slush fun kind of jobs. Right, if you're even remotely politically connected, you think there'd be more people out there. And inevitably what I keep scene is less people out there, which is just really strange to me. And then yesterday I kid you not, and uh, if you get paywalled, it's fine. The photo I want you to see if you go to our Twitter account at Casey on the Radio, I've retweeted a news and Observer article. Now it won't show with the picture until you click to the actual News and Observer tweet. And this is the headline. Dose Critics plus a few puppets rally and Raleigh to protest craziness in DC. No, they rallied in Raleigh to protest on their standards schedule, the gutting of their you know, their freebies, and they're they're insane, you know, spending levels and and things that they were spending it on again never addressing the truly crazy crap. Instead, they have these big I don't even know how to describe these puppets. I guess I would describe them as, you know, they look like they look like the like the big paper machee puppets you see at Dia demoebto with the Day of the Dead. You know, you know, you see those those parades down in Mexico right where they've got the bone mass on and all that looks pretty the opening to that one of the last James Bond movies was there. And and then they have like the big puppets, so they made some of those of Trump and Elon. The irony is and this is why I love the headline. It says, and a few puppets. Clearly everyone there is a puppet, So thank you for setting me up for that little one liner there. I appreciate that the event, hosted by North Carolina Democrats, a protest kicked off around noon.
Speaker 5: Uh do.
Speaker 1: Anderson Clayton is the party chair. She spoke in support of federal workers and defendive programs like Medicaid and social Security. Anderson Clayton, please on the record the stuff that Dosee found in usaid, these insane like transgender Columbrian operas, all of these. Will you just go on the record and say that that's bad. That's all you have to do. Just go on the record and be like, no, this is because then then we can start to find common ground here. Then I will listen when you say, hey, this one thing, like yesterday's big thing was this subagency within the Department of Ed whose only job is to have federal testing data, turn federal testing data. And I think it was costing about one hundred and fifty million a year, I believe is the number that I saw. And their only job is to gather test scores from the states and then put them together in federal you know, average them together, which, by the way, anyone who has a basic mathematical understanding and I understand that it's slightly more complex than that. But in reality, if I want to know what the national average is for math, and it's a standardized math test across fifty states, and half of the state's average fifty, and let's just say and not that it would happen the other half of the state's average one hundred, what is the national average? I'm sorry to make you guys do math this early. So if if twenty five states average fifty and twenty five states average one hundred, what is the average? Ross? You hated math, and I think you can average fifty in one hundred, right, seventy five?
Speaker 2: Ross has said seventy five in my year, So.
Speaker 1: Yes, the answer is I don't want to do math this early either, But we don't need one hundred and fifty million dollar agency and then they use anonymous sources for the whole thing. So no. But if that's your pet project and you want to at least have a conversation about it, then you have to be able to accept that there was piles of money being thrown away for nonsense. The problem is, and this is why I go back to crowd sizes. I feel like these crowd sizes, maybe not the one yesterday because I don't have a lot to compare it to here as of late, but definitely what we're seeing up in DC, they're very They're not very big. There's might be a lot of them, but it's it's a lot of repeat the same people. They're a lot smaller. Ross was telling me, because we're gonna have Stephen Kent on today, he actually went down to the protests in front of the Department of edd right, Yeah, just.
Speaker 5: For funies, just to see what it would be like. And it was, like he said, it was like a whimper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he lives in d C. Lives in the DC area, so like if you live around there, you see protests all the time.
Speaker 5: It is super weird how these protests always had like, you know, not just a lot of people, but like the same sort of sign and the same sort of.
Speaker 1: Remember all the tents, they were the same for all the college campus and not just like on one college, like Columbia's tents were the same as UCLA's tents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we looked up that tent on Amazon or whatever it was like a five dollars tent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, hey man, I've overspent on a tent before, but that was me h.
Speaker 5: But it's super weird when they all have the same five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Tent and uh and really really nicely made signs and all. And so you know, the idea that monies that were part of this large gess that were just being handed out were then you know, either redonated or in some cases, you know, spun into incentive programs where you'd see these ads for, hey, you want to make forty dollars for three hours work, come on down to our protests there. Like I it tells me, It convinces me more and more that there is validity that essentially I was paying for protests against things that I have that I like, which is which is just insanity that you you were and I was, and anyone who pays taxes. Now only did they have the protest against things you want?
Speaker 5: Now only did we have these protests, But then they would show up on all the same signs and the same tents, and every now and again you would have like a big palette of bricks.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, a parking lot. Yeah, you've never bricked a parking lot. Come on, man, what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: The U hauls would pull up and just drop off the bricks and drive off.
Speaker 1: Well and just bricks, they drop off everything. Yeah, yeah, what you don't like masonry? Well, I don't know, what do you mean a beautiful, beautiful brick facade on a house. I'm sure that's what those were for. And not to throw up police. The other thing was, and I've talked to police officers about this, the other thing that they do is they drop off pallets of bottled water.
Speaker 2: Well, you're thinking, what's wrong with that? Well, they'd be frozen.
Speaker 1: Because if you're walking down the street with a brick, police might be like, hey, why do you got a brick? What's going on here? Because they're in the middle of a protest. You're walking down with your bottle of water, and they go, it's just a bottle of water. Well, they're frozen, and then they with throw in the cops they were and you know it'd be a summer protest. There's no reason for him to be frozen.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, they like turning their beverages into weapons. Remember what they did to Andy.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, with this cementing him with a quick Creek.
Speaker 1: They had quick creed and instaid well I can't remember what it was inside of, but it was like a milkshake thing, right, It was like a protein shake, right, and then but it had quick Creed in it. Yeah, so spare me all this garbage. The fact is I probably paid for the quick crete, Ross paid for the bricks, You paid for the the frozen water bottles. And people are sick of this garbage. So no, they're not going to take your stupid little puppet show or whatever the hell was going on there very seriously because you can't. There's no intellectual honesty there. There's I'm not unsympathetic to the fact that a lot of people up in DC or are losing their gigs, right because I don't think every one of them went in there with the intent to necessarily spun the taxpayer, because a lot.
Speaker 2: Of them are in.
Speaker 1: But we're in like, you know, very basic kind of corporate gigs, do you know what I mean? Like they weren't they weren't planning what the organization is doing. They're doing like the bookkeeping or something. Now, you can argue that when they were sitting around and had nothing to do, because they weren't really doing a lot of the stuff that the money was supposed to be for that maybe they should have noticed it. But people are a lot of people are in self preservation mode. But the whole thing, if you don't live in the DC area, the whole thing, to most people, looks completely out of control. When these when these stories started coming out, and you never had democrats denying this stuff. You had them ignoring the really insane stuff and going, why are you trying to starve the kittens? Do you know? It's just awful? The kid you know, this puppy is gonna die if you do this thing, the whole the dead puppy theory or whatever they call it online. Right, you got to you just got a.
Speaker 2: Whole bucket full of garbage.
Speaker 1: Right, But you have one puppy there and youay, hey, if you throw away this garbage, this puppy is gonna die. Which doesn't make any sense because adults can sit there and prioritize what what should we be spending money on, or what should be our priorities. It's all it's all emotional manipulation. It's just so filthy. So that but the idea that people unless financially incentivized. Couldn't He can't even be bothered to show up in support of your garbage. Should tell you it's garbage, because even people on the left, unless they didn't get the money, weren't going to show up to it. That's my theory. And every time I see one of these things, which should be three times as large, because Trump is doing three times as much the now, I question every protest that I ever saw other than just a very small group who's getting ready to lose their meal ticket. And it makes me want him to work harder. And that's where I'm at. But Steve, it'll give us a first person account since he was he was at the thing, all right, So we got we got a few things we got to get into. Yeah, we got a bunch of audio today, so let's start plucking through that. So the Irish Prime Minister was visiting yesterday. They had a little Oval office meeting I think they did. I think it was at the VP's residence. They had a Saint Patrick's Day breakfast, which now I was in a full Irish breakfast.
Speaker 2: Because I go for that every now and then.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I could eat that every day though, ros you ever had a full Irish breakfast where it's got all the things like the tomato, the beans.
Speaker 5: The I don't I don't drink anymore.
Speaker 1: So well, you didn't say you had to have it this week. I just asked if you ever had a full Irish breakfast at any point in life.
Speaker 5: I don't think so what does it actually consist of, dude?
Speaker 1: I got to send you a picture of it the only way you're appreciate it. It consists of one of the largest eating commitments of any culture in it's Is.
Speaker 5: It like a lot of protein in the morning, because that's good?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wait, hang on, hang on, full Irish breakfast. Well, I'm just gonna send you a photo, dude, I say, because like Hibernian Hibernians serves all right, So hold on, let me find the most obscene looking one.
Speaker 2: They're all obscene looking.
Speaker 5: You literally just sent me a picture of a liquor cabinet.
Speaker 1: It's not No, that's Boston Paul's full Irish breakfast. Who by the way, he just sent me an email asked for taking the holiday off on Monday. No, No, that's not that. One's not a company holiday. So it's always such a pain as give me the photo. All right, you know what, you might be down with this monstrosity, because yeah, you're you're protein.
Speaker 5: I'm just thinking it probably would be like if it's full of eggs and sausage and that kind of stuff. Yeah, I'm definitely down.
Speaker 2: All right, check your phone, check your phone.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: That is a full Irish breakfast.
Speaker 5: I would take that without the beans, because beans are absolutely disgusting. What no, without the hash browns because I'm not eating the carbs.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, I might eat some of it.
Speaker 5: Is that fruit?
Speaker 1: What are you looking at?
Speaker 5: The the the eggs and the sausage.
Speaker 1: All right, So you have eggs, sausage, you have the hash browns. The black pucks are blood pudding, which I think are amazing, but they're protein.
Speaker 2: It's an acquired thing.
Speaker 1: Then you have sausage, and then under that you have what's called rash or bacon, which is the thick you know, the it's not our kind of bacon, it's the bigger thick cuts. But it's protein.
Speaker 5: That does look like it kind of does look like my breakfast though, Well, I mean so something when I get up, I have like a good breakfast. I have like a bunch of eggs and then like a protein shake and some yogurt, some Greek yggar. And then sometimes when we get I want to get home. Markie will go to like Briggs or something and we'll have breakfast and I'll just order like I'll order like two three egg omelets and like two sides of bacon. And they're always trying to push there, like do you want the bread? Do you want the muffin? I don't want any No.
Speaker 1: What shouldn't be that uncommon considering the you know, the.
Speaker 2: The protein only diet.
Speaker 1: What is it, what's it called? What's the word? Like the carnivore carnivore diet, Like that's not a new thing. So if you're a restaurant, you gotta know that the then the yellow or the the red things are grilled tomatoes.
Speaker 5: That looks I love tomatoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like grilled tomatoes.
Speaker 1: Some people don't.
Speaker 2: It is a dangerous pointing out, but here's what I'm pointing out.
Speaker 1: So if you're the Irish PM and you're always you know, you're always going to these different things, right, you know how whenever there's a whenever there's a political event in North Carolina and they have a gathering. What do they always serve It doesn't have to be a political event. Anytime you have a big outdoor event or gathering and they got a cater, what is what is the go to in North Carolina? Pulled pork? Right, they always have pulled.
Speaker 2: Pork barbecue y vinegar based yep, yeah, but but they you know.
Speaker 1: That's you get a big pan of the pull pork. Anytime you gotta go to where they're going to feed, like forty fifty people in North Carolina over the years, nine times out of ten you show up and it's pull pork because people like pull pork barbecue with all the triment's there. But can you imagine you're the top Irish official. You constantly got to go to these political breakfasts and then every morning they serve you that. But you should be five hundred pounds, bro. But yeah, that's more of a I drank for all weekend and I need to.
Speaker 5: I don't know, man, you could you could down that get like you know, at leads like seventy five eighty grams of protein and you're not going to be hungry for the rest of the day. So it matters like what you do with the rest of your day? Really you?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, man, dude. When I lived when I lived on Glenwood, when I first moved to Raleigh, I lived basically across the street from Hibernian. I'd roll over there like every weekend or every other weekend and get me one of those and my Saturday was set. I didn't have to eat anything until, like I might snack later in the evening. So I don't know if that's what they ate, but if they did, good on them. But there's some really funny audio that emerged from that. So because Donald Trump decided to engage the Prime Minister in a Rosio Donald discussion. And I don't think that he knows who Rosi o'donnald Is, but it's it's just one of these really funny, weird moments that of course a bunch of people, Oh, how dare he? How well, what's weirder making a Rosio Donald joke or funding fifty three million dollars in you know, underwater trans basket, weaving scholarships to Burma or you know whatever some of this stupidity was. I don't know, I'll take a Rosio Donald joke during not the serious part of the discussion, but the fun part they were talking about JD Vance's socks the moment before. They're clearly not down to business. But we'll play that audio for you in some other stuff coming up here on the CaCO Day radio program. Did you really label on my thing the Irish Prime Minister as Irish King? And actually it's Irish take house search. I guess it is the term they use.
Speaker 5: Yeah, his name was so like long and weird. I'm like, I'm not writing all that out. I'll just put Irish King. And I'm not sure what their system of government is because it's none of my business. I'm just gonna put them.
Speaker 2: Down Prime Minister.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, well it's not okay anyway. So you have the IRI, you have Irish leadership in Washington, d C. Yesterday and they did a few things. The funniest though, was in the in the Oval office, they're having a meeting and is the part of the meeting where they're not really because they got down to some serious stuff. A lot of people don't realize that one of the things. And it's been this way forever. In fact, you know, last time I was in Ireland was two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine, right around I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: Last time I was in Ireland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would have been eight or nine, which, by the way, seeing the videos and everything going on in Ireland with all of the mass immigration and just the craziness that's going on, that is not the Ireland I remember visiting, and I've visited all It's not the only time I've been to Ireland.
Speaker 2: It's just the last time.
Speaker 1: And I've been all over Ireland literally the entire loop of it, including the north part and then everything in between. I've spent a total of probably over three weeks, maybe close to a month in Ireland just over the years. And you know, I dig it. It's beautiful, it's great, and so I don't know that I recognize what's going on over there. That being said, where was I headed with this? Oh? One of the things that struck me, which I didn't know until I got over there, is like the biggest outside of tourism and some of the others, when you get into the biggest like manufacturing and production industry in Ireland, it's not it's not wool sweaters, okay, it's pharmaceuticals. They have a crap ton of pharmaceutical innovation production manufacturing over in Ireland.
Speaker 2: It's huge, especially get down around Cork. Uh they have tons and tons of it.
Speaker 1: So that is that's where Trump and uh, the Irish leader's real conversation uh, you know, the real business conversation was. But before that, it's the funny chummy.
Speaker 2: Getting to know you.
Speaker 1: They made fun of JD Vance's socks. They had some light moments there, and then there was this and of course some trash reporter who can't wait their turn kind of ruined the audio a little because their colleague had asked a question that Trump is trying to answer, or Trump is trying to make a statement. But you'll still get the gist of it.
Speaker 7: For very happy, fun loving people. Great at you getting in this room right now that I've met.
Speaker 4: Why in the world.
Speaker 7: Would you let Rosie o'donald move to our He's just going to lower your.
Speaker 1: Happiness love right, So, because again it's a little hard to hear, so the reporter asked, Ireland is known for a happy people, Why would you let Rosi o'donald move there? For those who don't know, Rosie o'donald did, and I will say this, not a hypocrite. She did. She did self deport she she moved to Ireland. She got a twelve year old daughter. They moved to Ireland. So the question is, why, if you're such a happy place, would you let Rosie o'donnald move there and bring down your happiness quotas just funny, by the way, thank you, I like that question. Shut up. So it's just because it's this guy that's Hirish. Guy's just sitting there and Trump's like, you know who that is? And he's just he doesn't even say anything. He's just staring like I don't know what the hell's going. Trump's say, yeah, you're better off probably not knowing, dude. The the classic Rosi o' donald Trump beef is one of my favorites, always will.
Speaker 5: No it goes a bag. I have to give it up for to Rosi o' donald though, because at least she actually moved, you know, somebody else. Not a hypocrite, right, So many of these celebrities are like, oh, if so and so gets in the office, I'm out, and like you look like a few months later, years that they're still there in Hollywood or whatever.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I found out. I give it some thought, and I realized if I want to be part of the resistance, I need to be here.
Speaker 5: It's like when they leave. It's like when they leave twitter x in their back in like two weeks.
Speaker 1: Like Stephen King, Yeah Kee keeps dipping out. They literally then start running like betting Pools when Steven's coming back. Great, absolutely great. And and by the way, even this Irish dude, even the Irish people are making videos.
Speaker 8: Listen to this guy, Hi, top of the morning to you. We just got word over here the Rosio Donald moved to Ireland. That's not a very nice gift for Americans to give for the Irish.
Speaker 1: By the way, good music selections, sir. After everything we've done. Oh, I have to warn you though some of you are hearing the background music. You're going, hey, isn't that the music the Casey plays at the top of the hour, Yes, it is. But what you some of you realize, a lot of you realize, but occasionally some of you don't, is you've.
Speaker 2: Never heard the entirety of the song.
Speaker 1: Because when you're playing shipping up to Boston as we do in fact, Ross just you have it on your button bar. You just play the first few bars of it, and I usually you got it sitting on yours because I'm on, paused on my button bar? Here, all right, you hang on, well here, I'll come. I'll do it myself. Hang on, I thought it was sitting on your button bar. I apologize you.
Speaker 5: No, I got it.
Speaker 1: I got it, okay, all right, So you hear this you Oh, it's a nice little Irish pig.
Speaker 5: Right, all right?
Speaker 1: You can stop it there, so my and then I get people send me email, They're like, what's that song? And then it'll be like somebody's grandma, and I'm like, well, i'll tell you. But once they start singing, you might have a pretty different perspective on that song because it's not you know, it's not a wee Irish jig. It's shipping up to Boston by Dropkick, which is you know, it's an Irish punk band. So just so, just so we're clear, So you're gonna hear a part of that in the background here, So prepare if you've never heard the whole song, to be a little shocked when you hear the singing in the background. But I warned you, Hey, top of the morning, what's that at the very end of the cut, there is Oh you trimmed it off. Oh I didn't realize that. Oh well, I just did that whole. I'm sorry. I thought it was still on there at the back. They just start screaming. So just there you go. I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: I hey, top of the morning to you. We just got word over here that Rosio Donald moved to Ireland. That's not a very nice gift for Americans to give to the Irish after everything we've done for you. But those of us who live in Ireland right now are descendants of the ones who survived the potato famine. I don't know that we can do it twice. So Rosie O Donald, she's got to go. We don't want her here. We don't like her. If you got to call the president, haul him, tell him take her back, or or senators Canada, we don't care. Just not here on the m Royle, please, man, for the love of God, for begging you, take her back. Take her back right now, on behalf of all of Ireland. God bless you.
Speaker 1: So what if what if instead of just taking her back we propose a trade. What's the celebrity we can trade Ireland to take Rosie O'donnald back. He who we could give him that or we could give him a career Elam. I just thought about that, Ross, do you think maybe we can trade is pronouncing your Kyrie.
Speaker 5: You know he's Cowboy bound, he's Dallas bound, he's out. Yeah, it's a shame. That is a shame.
Speaker 1: The first literally the first entertainment or news story Ross that I talked about this morning is him going. We just traded Kayer Elam to Dallas and Ross is ecstatic because apparently he wasn't working out.
Speaker 5: On No, he was a piece of absolute failed garbage sos O'donald. Every time he would be in, if there was like an injury, they'd put him in. I mean he was like a first round pick or whatever. He was supposed to be like a really like you know, amazing like cornerback, and it did not work out. And every time they put him in, the fan base would be like, oh no, not not again. This guy sucks. This guy's horrible. And he was awful in the game with Kansas City. So yeah, he went to Dallas and I immediately texted Ray and I'm like, you guys took Kyer Elam and He's like, is he good? Is he ending? I'm like, oh, he's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you're gonna love him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The graphics going around you like, you see like the official graphic that the team sends out right where it's like, you know, it's like the red raid of blue and the trade alert that you see on social media and it says trade alert and the Bills receive ten percent off a car wash after buying a large soda and the Cowboys received Kayer Elim.
Speaker 1: So it's going over well, maybe maybe if the Irish want to do a trade, but we're gonna have to offload a lot of garbage to make that happen.
Speaker 5: We'll take Colin Farrell and Connor McGregor.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I mean McGregor can be a little bit of a nuisance from time to time.
Speaker 5: I think we're gonna pick him up just for being the nuisance factor.
Speaker 1: That's fair, all right, all right, So we get Colin Ferrell and uh well, but they want us to take Rosie o'donald's. We'd have to take all three of them. I don't I don't know, man, I don't know about all that. But maybe we can structure something so I don't. I thought that that was really funny yesterday. But answer your your question, Boston, Paul, Monday is not a holiday for us, So yeah, I was thinking that too. They're going, they're saying, is that dude really Irish? His accent is questionable. It is not a traditional Irish accent.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I was just I was gonna.
Speaker 1: Say, they say, having traveled all over Ireland, there is definitive difference in accents all over Ireland.
Speaker 5: He's a conservative account. I was just scrolling his account for previous videos because I was like, is that a real Irish dude?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Or is he just like making like in a funny video pretending to be Irish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well if that because but his accent doesn't sound what people think an Irish accent sounds like. And I will give that to you.
Speaker 5: It sounds like redneck Irish dude.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I was going to say. You know, a lot of people don't realize that, especially when you when you talk about rednecks and people in the South, you know, Irish scotch man. That's the I mean most obviously people who have you know, who have family lineage here, I guess they understand that, but a lot of people don't realize that.
Speaker 2: A lot of you know, you get into.
Speaker 1: Appalachia, you're talking about Scotch Irish, who really settled up through here, So I'm not surprised there's a little bit of a crossover there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he does sound redneck the Irish.
Speaker 1: But think about that, right, because think about us accents, right, you have that, think about the differential and accents that we have. Now, Ireland's not as big, but you get into Northern Ireland where we're not Northern Ireland itself, but like adjacent to it, because there's a little sliver that literally goes all the way up if you go up where they do some of the Ovon manufacturing stuff up there, because they actually have one over in Northern Ireland too, but right on the border there, it's like hard to understand anything they're saying. It's really thick Gaelic kind of crossover things. So I think it's cool, but yeah, I have the same thoughts. So, all right, what the hell's going on in Texas Tech? Is Texas Tech Silent Hill?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: So I don't know if you guys saw any of the video yesterday. So they had to evacuate Texas Tech because out of all the like the manholes and the sewer stuff, green flames started shooting out. And I don't mean a little, I mean like, what the hell's going on? So our theories are it's silent Hill, which if we don't know what that is, that's a real you hope it's not that. That's not gonna go well, especially that big dude with the hammer. Oh you don't or the axe hammer thing.
Speaker 2: You don't that that.
Speaker 1: Would spell doom. You mean Pyramidhead, your pyramid head. Yeah, I couldn't remember what his name was. Yeah, if you if pyramid heead shows up in college station, you probably all should get out. It's not gonna go well. Or is it Ninja Turtles or Ghostbusters? So wait, what is this? Somebody says we'll take Saint Andrews. Isn't in Ireland, sir, it's in Scotland. What are you talking about? Then we got to negotiate with the scotch too.
Speaker 5: The King of Scotland's gonna be pissed.
Speaker 1: They don't have a king. Well, they do have a king in Scotland. It's he's the King of England.
Speaker 5: You realize that, right, And I saw the movie The Last King of Scotland.
Speaker 1: You mean with edia Mean you're referring to I mean you think edia Mean was the last King of Scotland. The guy hold on the African warlord dictator was the last King of Scotland.
Speaker 5: Okay, it was very progressive for them at the time.
Speaker 1: Like and he's got a lazy eye, what's going on? No, I'll tell you what was bonkers is the uh because there is true that that white doctor who he befriended but also kind of held hostage, Who's like, I'm going to sleep with your wife, right?
Speaker 5: Like how crazy could you be? Dude?
Speaker 1: You're sitting there. You can and you can literally have any woman in that country, right, just because of how corrupt everything was and they probably forced to do.
Speaker 5: And you're like, I'm gonna go with crazy leader's wife.
Speaker 1: You know what it is? It's like Big Poppy. Remember when Big Poppy got shot? That backstory never really got in the news as much as it should. So here's one of the things you have to know if you ever go to the Dominican Republic, ask about Big Poppy. Okay, the baseball player, obviously I'm referring to he is god in Dominican Republic, the Minican do they love baseball? There? All of that, he can have literally any woman in the Dominican and what does he do. Reportedly, he's like, who's the biggest drug cartel leader here? Hey, his girlfriend looks hot, I'm gonna sleep with her. That is the narrative.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it fully refuted. I've never seen it fully proven. I think that people realize that might be what happened, so they just really didn't dig into it, because again, he's big poppy, the you know, the Hall of Fame Twins player, play for the play for the Minnesota Twins. Good player. Yeah, I believe that's Ross. I believe that's the only TV he played for, right, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: I chicked Grok, and Grok said that was true.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 5: He did play for the Twins.
Speaker 1: Legend. Yeah, good for him. So there we go. People are people are putting together some pretty good deals potential trade deals here, all right, but Ross gets to send his garbage player with them. So oh, the flames are from big trouble in Little China. All right, Well that's a fourth option. I forgot about that. Yeah, LoWPAN all right, I haven't seen that movie in forever. All right, So here we go. I'll give you a little more on the Texas tech stuff and we got some FAA audio that's going to blow your mind. Hang on. Or we've covered very important things like ross offloading horrible players from the bills, traditional Irish breakfasts, and now fly in. That's a big, big topic of discussion there, you know. And also the idea that we have we've had and it's not something that just happened. I know, people are being disingenuous. We have had an issue with air traffic controllers and not having enough for years and years and this and I don't even it does like I'm not even making it a political thing. It's just the reality of it. And there's a lot of reasons why. But one of the biggest is mandatory retirement, which is in their which is in their fifties. I'm not sure if it is fifty. I think it is fifty, right, So obviously that's going to limit some of the pool there. And there's a variety of other issues and it's not something that just it's not a doge thing that being said, you're gonna have Yeah, I mean, if you have to fill the need and people go, oh, this goes back to Reagan.
Speaker 2: It's not a Reagan thing either.
Speaker 1: There's if you read an actual honest piece of analysis, it's one of these deaths by a thousand cuts kind of things. And maybe we need to evaluate how we do training, right. I have no problem spending money for things we need, and functionally, the US needs air traffic controllers. Okay, not just not just enough of them from a safety perspective, but rather you need them from a commerce perspective as well. You have to be able. People have to be able to fly, either themselves or cargo or whatever. And the amount of money that air travel or air cargo or air freight involves itself with within the US economy is not a small amount. That being said, you can't do it like this. So a new report out of some leaked audio. This guy's name is Shelton Snow. Shelton Snow, who is a powerful figure in the National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation employees. I want to say he has he's got this really upper echelon title too, and why did him put it in the story here? They put that part of his thing. But like his actual title. I'm sorry, I thought it was in this Daily Mail story, but I realized I saw it when I looked him up yesterday. All right, yeah, air traffic operations supervisor. Okay, so this isn't just a dude who's an air traffic controller. He's a boss and he is air traffic operations supervisor for New York, which I don't know if you know this. As far as airspaces in the US go, that's it. That's that's the busiest man between you know, Kennedy and LaGuardia and the Newark and some other regional airports around there. It's absolute zoo. But they get it done. The problem is, he isn't just that according to what I just read you, he also is into the identity politics. So what is he doing? Well in the audio, he is clearly clearly telling individuals who want to become air traffic controllers but have to take an entry test. Right. It's the first thing you do before you can, you know, get into the other parts. You got to go through that initial interview, and it requires you to have knowledge of things having to do with controlling airplanes and air traffic. Okay, And so it's you know, they have some questions, they have some visual things. You have to be able to point out what the hell's going on there. And so I'm of the theory if we're trying to hire people to be air traffic controllers, they probably should know the stuff that is necessary to be an air traffic controller, or at the very least somebody who aspires to be.
Speaker 2: They have to have this basic knowledge.
Speaker 1: And in the audio, I want you to listen to what he's doing and explain to me how this isn't one of the most insanely potentially dangerous things you could possibly do.
Speaker 9: Watching the suburban associate members, brothers and sisters to listen. There's been a really busy time for me these past four days. I know that each of you are eager, very eager to again and again.
Speaker 1: You hear him say brothers and sisters there. It's because the group he's talking about are primarily, although not exclusively, but primarily minority applicants. And that's important here because this is the identity politics.
Speaker 9: Of this spot for this job vacancy announcement, and trust after tonight you will be able to do so. I am asking that you give me another fifteen or sixteen hours, allow me to go to work and come home provide you with an email that will be extremely crucial in the opening stages of this hiring process. There are some valuable pieces of information that I have taken a screenshot of and I'm going to send that to you via email. Trust and believe it will be something that you will appreciate to the utmost. Keep in mind, we are trying to maximize your opportunities and I'm doing the very best that I can with the time that I'm given.
Speaker 1: All Right, so you know, very cryptic there, kind of but you kind of read between the lines. Don't worry, it's gonna get much more specific. But when you hear that part of it, what do you mean You're going to send us screenshots? Trust and believe you're going to need these hold on to them, you know.
Speaker 2: Trust me.
Speaker 1: Why what are the screenshots? Or I need more specifics? What do you what do you mean You're going to send screenshots that it will be necessary for the application process for your quote brothers and sisters?
Speaker 2: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 7: Today?
Speaker 9: When I get off at eleven o'clock, the first thing that I'm going to do is I'm going to finish out that email. I'm going to find it to each of you, and as you progress through the stages, refer to those images so that you would know which icons you should select.
Speaker 1: Now I have a good well whoa okay, So you mean the icons being the test answers just to read it? So you what you mean is you're going to send pictures of the key to the test. You're going to send Hey, here's what you should select, like when you go to the DMV.
Speaker 2: Ross.
Speaker 1: Did you ever have to take the road or the written test in North Carolina.
Speaker 5: When I moved here in two thousand and six, Yeah, you had to, Yeah, yeah, yeah, and I.
Speaker 1: Had to too, which I always thought was dumb because I'm like, you think, I don't know what to bringing traffic, railroad cross he knows. Although, was it you told me the story where some were like somebody at the DMV was helping somebody take the test or was it a listener sent me? Then I'm trying to remember I had I just remember that story from years ago. Somebody was there and it was like the woman didn't speak English and the person was giving him answers and stuff.
Speaker 5: The whole thing was Yeah, I know that was me last time there was somebody sitting there and they were just obviously helping them with their test. It was infuriating, Yeah, a little bit, a little bit, all right, So I thought, I remember a story like that.
Speaker 2: So that's what this dude is doing.
Speaker 1: But he's not doing it for somebody who wants to go drive a Toyota camera around. He's doing it for somebody who wants to direct three hundred passenger planes that literally are going to be coming within some of the closest proximity that air travel does because of the busyness of in this case the New York you know, the New York airspace there, which is just crazy complex, how dangerous is that. I'm continue digging your own graves.
Speaker 9: Mine to send it to one of my HR representatives first and give them the opportunity to sign off on it before you actually click it. But in the sake of time, I'm going to send it directly to you because I'm about ninety nine point nine to nine percent sure that it's exactly how you need to answer each question in order to get through the first phase, all right, And so.
Speaker 1: It's not just test stuff too, it's questions that are you know questions you may answer when you're doing an application process. And don't get me wrong, I understand there's one thing to coach people because of the computer systems that they use to take in large scale applications, right, And like there's a lot of good advice when you're dealing with a corporation. This is why people will fill out all this stuff and they'll never even hear anything even though they consistently see these hiring things and they're more than qualified because a lot of hiring managers have gotten lazy or they're just overwhelmed with this's your volume that they allow computer systems to do keyword searches on your applications, right, And it's one thing to coach people on that. It's another thing entirely to be sending them screenshots explaining how they can go ahead and manipulate the hiring process to go ahead and get within this program. And I think it's going to be very very important to understand what it is he's attempting to communicate, and I think he's being very upfront with it.
Speaker 9: Now people have been getting rejection notices, and those rejection notices have been coming after about twenty four to thirty six hours after clicking submit, and I want to avoid that. So what we're going to do is we're going to take our time and we're going to make sure that everything that we click on and you're going to even have to go back to your resume and make some changes because one of our members and I have caught something and we want to go back and we want to fine tune those details. And I guarantee that will give us the very best feeling that we could ever get and applying for this job.
Speaker 1: So and again, the argument's going to be that all he's saying is you got to fix your resume. So keywords are there, but the process is not just a resume. It also includes a small app to to test as well as them wanting to demonstrate your understanding of various things that are part of being an air traffic controller. And I'm sorry, you can't have somebody who's sitting here and attempting to manipulate the situation. So yeah, that is absolutely incredible. Now and again it was the Daily Mail who broke this, which is actually again you have this this British news outlet doing it, So that's that's crazy. All on its own, but yeah, yeah, we have we have a little bit of a problem there, and I hope even though again we need air traffic controllers and that's fine. And again I don't have a problem with somebody helping somebody with their resume. I don't think that that's inappropriate. But once you get into an aptitude, whether it's attempting to gauge your level of knowledge, you can't have somebody helping manipulate late that. You can have people, you can take a course, you can go get some additional education where they go over this, but taking screenshots of how you're supposed to answer and what you're supposed to answer crosses the line. This is this is not tutoring anymore. This is something else entirely all right, speaking of something different, we're gonna get raised stagic. But he's on the phone today, so yeah, sure that's a technical fun thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah right, is it?
Speaker 1: Because you're so excited with your new cornerback that Ross's team just gave you.
Speaker 7: You know, I didn't even recognize the name, so I figured he had to come from the Bills.
Speaker 1: Oh really.
Speaker 5: Must be a warm weather player.
Speaker 7: Good, Yeah, I don't think so. I don't think the Cowboys have any luck in free agency, and they haven't had in What is.
Speaker 2: Is your deal?
Speaker 1: But what is Jerry does Jerry Jones just take the whole time off.
Speaker 5: I mean, like, I think Jared Jones is a great guy, and I'll pay for his medical bills. It's a great movie.
Speaker 7: Well, my big struggle is getting rid of uh DeMarcus Lawrence. I don't know, you may bee past his prime, but another like like, well, why don't you try to retain somebody that's probably at least equal to somebody else or even better than you. I don't know the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Just and I you should have signed Joey Bosa. That guy was really good. I hear.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, We're well, I'm gonna yeah, right, I'm gonna d I'm gonna put that in the you know, if you can keep him healthy and keep him on the field.
Speaker 5: I feel the same way. If dude can stay healthy, it'll be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But even if the dude is healthy, that ross just sents you. He's still gonna say so there's I mean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, probably yeah, and why not, Well, you're just listen, my expectations are low. Was having this conversation in the news room. This morning, I'm in the office and like everybody wants to talk to me, and I'm like, no, my expectations are low. Just I keep it where I've been for the last ten years, no expectations. So we'll see. Yeah, yeah, way.
Speaker 1: Place you can go is up, all right, that's right, that's where temperature should go to.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, they are got lots of sunshine coming back tomorrow after a partly sunny day today, still the mid upper seventies across the region. I think the showers are really going to stay west of us as this little disturbance spinning over Memphis right now kind of goes away. Most seventies tomorrow looking better, and then the weekends where we see the next change come in. Maybe some showers Saturday, but we're going to be even warmer, upper seventies to low eighties really depending on where you are. And then Saturday night it's early Sunday showers, maybe a thunderstorm or too. We kind of do get painted in the lower risk for severe storms, especially from the triad west. But again it's going to be a situation where I think the line's weakening as it approaches. But it's overnight Saturday night, probably early Sunday morning where we'll have that threat. So just in case, make sure you have your alert set on your phones if you are, you know, still sleeping five six of the morning or somewhere around there, so just be ready for something to come through Saturday night early Sunday, and then Sunday afternoon we should be a little bit better, maybe some lingering showers, but still in the seventies. Early next week we're a little cooler, but still mild sixties on Monday and probably closer to seventy degrees on Tuesday, so warm and dry. Weather Service still has or kind of statement out for the fire weather and the dangers there, but somewhat weather coming in second half of the weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thank you sir, and we'll talk in the next hour and hopefully we'll fix the thing, all right, figure that out, all right, all right, I have a good one there, all right, seven point fifty back in just a few eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. You want to be on the show, hang on, because we're going to get into a bunch of topics with our next guest, and then we'll get your calls on all of them. Are official NERD co respondent Stephen Kent joining us. Steven, what's up man.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 1: I hear your I hear you're in the beard club with us now, so good decision.
Speaker 6: It's true, it's true. I have been bearded now for two months. I'm feeling the strength running through my veins for the first time in my life.
Speaker 7: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Nobody messes with you like those screw with that guy. You might be Special Forces or something. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I feel respected by my colleagues, was by my family.
Speaker 2: It's you now, They're like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looks like yeah, you guys got all the testosterones.
Speaker 2: So all right, Well, good to see Jadie Vance.
Speaker 6: You know he made it.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, did you see I know this is a little sidetrack. You heard. We had an article earlier this week from what was it The Atlantic where they were like, uh, the right are making fun of jd Vance by making memes of him being fat on the internet, Like how can you be a political writer and be so clueless? Like do you want to prove the left camp meme every day or that you don't understand memes? Jd Vance was retweeting memes like he digs them clearly. It's like it's it's yeah, it's meming affection and like some of these writers don't understand this man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really interesting to see the Atlantic basically just not understand right wing humor. You know, largely what is fueled kind of the millennial and gen Z turned towards right wing causes has been just an affection for self deprecating humor and ironic humor. And sometimes you can't see straight through the irony. It's really hard to tell sometimes when online right wingers are joking or when they're not but absolutely meming the heck out of JD. Vance's face to make them look like an oopa lumpa is a side of affection with online fans of the vice president. And they used to understand this about the right, that there was sort of this deep irony to the movement, But uh, I think they've just forgotten.
Speaker 1: Well and much of their peril because I think understanding the how new media impacts especially younger voters is not under or should say not understanding. It is detrimental from a party perspective. Right, the Democrats have to understand, and I believe there are some people that do, but maybe it's not leadership who understands it's and they better fix it. If or I guess if you don't like them, then you don't want them to fix it. But if they want to be successful and they want to be able to draw on this younger generation, they better fix things quick and understand how this works.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, can you imagine if anyone started doing the JD vance memes to someone like aoc and the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the exactly go back to the last the last uh you know, uh president and Vice president, you'd be you'd be closest.
Speaker 6: They ever got to. This was was making fun of Kamala for the co cannot pill the thing where she made that remark about like, what do you think it came from? You fell out of a coconut tree or something. They Yeah, that was the closest they got.
Speaker 1: That's too bad, all right, So we were talking about something a little earlier. But you see it every day obviously being up in the DC area. I don't know if I've ever been in DC for more than twenty four hours where i haven't seen a protest of some sort.
Speaker 2: Right, it's a crazy thing.
Speaker 1: However, it's my theory and I'm gonna run. I'm curious what you think because you actually went to an anti Trump protest yesday, an anti doze or whatever it was for Department of ED. I feel like the crowd sizes are not what they were during the first Trump, you know, time in office, and arguably he if you hated Trump, then with everything he's doing now, you should hate him ten times more, right, because he's just bulling at China Shop because nothing is sacred, everything is up for grabs. And yet the protest crowd sizes seem to be a little bit smaller, and some theorized that maybe stripping the USAID money and some of these other kind of unaccountable streams of cash that would go to these NGOs which would also then participate in some of these protests, people get the impression that really that was the key, and that many of these protests, uh, we were paying for I was literally paying for people to protest against against things that I like. Do you think there's an ingredience to that?
Speaker 2: What is your experience?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I've been thinking about this for the past two days as I've been watching a lot of these doge protests in DC, and like you know, yesterday I was at the Department of Education and just observing the incredible lack of blowback there. There was a protest like last week, but today as the staff has been cut in half. This was beginning yesterday and into today, there is literally nobody. There was six people throughout yesterday afternoon, mostly just old retired boomers. You know. Of course there's always the old male boomer wearing a bucket hat and the four ladies who all look like they drive broken down priuses. They showed up and I'm wondering where their reinforcements were. And a lot of conservatives have been saying this is because USAID funds are no longer being funneled through NGOs to fund domestic protests in the US. I don't know about any evidence for this, but it appeals to my sense of common sense, because we do know that money funneled out of USAID to NGOs and then out back into the nonprofit sector largely ruled by George Soros on the left, and he does fund domestic protests and riots.
Speaker 1: Makes sense to me, Yeah, I think, especially when you see the uniformity of a lot of the equipment, like those campus protests where they all had the same tent, right, and it wasn't a cheap tend either, as somebody who is a camping enthusiast like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think one of the important things to note, like, you know, if you're concerned about the influence of George Sorows and his dollars in left wing radical politics in the US, you sort of have to ask the question, well, why wouldn't he just continue to fund these things even without USAID to funnel that money through or to move money through. I think it's because of like culpability, you know, basically USAID was able to wash money, remove fingerprints, make everything just look like simple government grants and then never anything is never tied back to someone like Soros. So I think that we're going to see a slowdown in US domestic unrest, and I think that that's going to be legitimate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know the Act Blue, are you following any of this where where they were having like you'd have some like we had a dude in Raleigh who is a Democrat. They went and interviewed him. He lives in He lives in a like it's like an economy apartment. I'm not trying to trash on the dude, but he's not rich, and like he apparently made like twelve hundred small donations over a few months through Act Blue, except when they asked him about it, he said he never remembered making any of these. A lot of people think that they might have been washing larger outside money, people had been capped out on donations and then just attaching them through to various small donors, like you know, people who donated ten dollars one time and then they would just recreate it, and they were washing money there. So I don't know if there's anything to it, but the whole thing sounds, like you said, it appeals to my common sense and probably requires some more explanation or export.
Speaker 6: You know, I think when I think when it comes to shenanigans, if you can imagine a way to do something with money and political influence, I think someone else has probably had the same idea and tried it. So, yeah, I saw this thing about Act Blue. I'm sure there's absolutely all sorts of money funneling through there from strange and disturbing groups. But you know, Congress will look into it, and if we actually find some sort of evidence that money from you know terrorist organizations are being funneled through organizations like this to harm Americans and American businesses. There will be hell to pay, and DJ will take care of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that I'm on that train with the terroristing.
Speaker 1: What I think is you just had large donors, but donors like Soros who maybe.
Speaker 2: Didn't want fingerprints on money.
Speaker 1: Or you had others who had hit donation caps in certain instances in this yeah way that they could overpay.
Speaker 2: If I see the.
Speaker 1: Terrorists, well, i'd actually I'd like to respond to that about terrorism now, Yeah, no, no, no, no, I absolutely agree. Cynical me though, says that the reason we'll never really know is because when red may do some of the same stuff. So like everyone's protecting each other because nobody nobody wants to get in trouble.
Speaker 2: So I'm too cynical.
Speaker 1: But we got, we got. Let me transition to a few things. We had a bunch of entertainment stuff. I sent you a all right, ross, sent it to you.
Speaker 2: I saw this thing.
Speaker 1: Literally this morning, and it was a trailer for a documentary documentary that's being done by the former personal assistant to stan Lee, And I guess if I have to explain it for one person out there, stan Lee in the world of comic books. God, right, you would agree that's God. Yeah, he's He's as big as it got, and unfortunately he passed away here a little while ago. But it documents the final I guess, about a year and a half two years of his life. And there were some shenanigans we know about. There was a business partner ended up getting charged, there was some financial stuff there. But what the documentary is supposed to show is this team around stan who don't look like they're operating in his best interest. It looks like elder abuse. It looks like taking advantage of somebody who was in the twilight years of their life but is a cash cow and you know, and can essentially, you know, enrich you and people taking advantage of the situation, which then made me angry at his personal assistant for simply filming it so to make a documentary which seems like a bit of a cash drab, But it doesn't negate the fact that those clips that we saw don't look very good. What was your thought, what's your understanding of this?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean, so this is coming from stan Lee's previous personal assistant. His name is John Bowler Jack. He is, you know, an aspiring comic book artist and he does dabble in filmmaking, and he was, you know, just kind of being the PA for stan Lee in the final years of his life. And as stan Lee was being carded from comic Con to comic Con in a wheelchair, bowler Jack is alleging that he witnessed, you know, everybody around stan Lee basically treating him like cattle, using him to generate revenues and cash transactions at comic Con, giving people access to stan Lee, you know, with cash exchanging hands at these big events, and people were pocketing money off of just being around him. And you can see stan Lee is often very confused, very tired, and he just is sort.
Speaker 7: Of of there.
Speaker 6: He's just existing and barely hanging on as people are carding him and then telling him no, like we have to go to this event, you have to be here, leaving me to wonder where the heck were his children. And that's the part that kind of actually gets gets me mad. Is I just looking for his family here and they're nowhere to be seen?
Speaker 1: Well, is there? What's the relationship with his family? Where you know, because sometimes the families are the people doing it too, you know, the elderly folks, right, we see those those whole stories.
Speaker 2: So I'm not making any accusations, I don't know.
Speaker 1: The whole thing is just incredibly sad that one part too, where they have him in that hotel room with all the fake forehammers and all the ur They're literally like forcing this dude to sign it.
Speaker 2: And I kind of.
Speaker 1: Feel like, just to get a little political, you know what it feels like. It feels like what it must have felt like in the Oval Office for Joe Biden at the end with oh.
Speaker 6: I mean yeah, I think that's legitimate. And you know, Stanley does have a good relationship with his daughters, you know, j C and Jane. They have been known to to spend a lot of time together in the past, but to change not change topics entirely. But just last week, Tucker Carlson on his podcast did an interview with the premiere of Cutter, and they went on this sort of side path when they were discussing Middle Eastern relations about how the US uses elder care and retirement homes and Cutter kind of can't fathom the idea of putting your elderly off, like they believe culturally that you know, when people get old, that it's the duty of the children to take.
Speaker 1: Care of them.
Speaker 6: This is this is something that I agree with, and I couldn't help shake that when I was watching this stan Lee trailer, and I just I just want to know where the kids were and why they weren't taken care of and protecting their dad here, because he was clearly being exploited, and even the young man who was filming at the personal assistant, I'm a little wary. I don't trust his intentions here to the full. I think he justified his actions by saying he was going to hold people accountable and be there to protect stan Lee when he could, but he was just always running a camera and working on a working.
Speaker 7: On a movie here.
Speaker 6: And I don't know, I'm not I'm not too eager to say that the kid may making this movie as a saint either.
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't like the vibes I got from him. And maybe the full documentary will change that, but at least not in the trailer.
Speaker 6: It's his air, it's the shoulder length hair. I don't trust him.
Speaker 1: No, it's the shirt he's wearing in the car in that one shot, Like, that's a wonder what are you doing? What are you doing? Anyway? That's not fair, So believe it or not, it's you know what, one of the craziest things on the radio. We're gonna we got it just a couple of minutes. We're not gonna get to a bunch of stuff, but we're gonna get to this. So one of the things that's crazy about doing this is misremembering, because like all the news blends together. I forgot that it was twenty twenty three when Rachel Zegler made those comments about Snow White, and it's twenty twenty five now, and they tried to put this movie off as much as they could. It looks like it's collapsing in a minute or less. How bad is this going to be for Disney or do you think maybe just maybe the press is wrong and people will go see it.
Speaker 6: Well, somebody is going to go see it, but it does it does look clear that Disney is preparing for some embarrassment at the box office with the Snow White movie. It is due out here. This weekend, and I'm not expecting things.
Speaker 7: To go well.
Speaker 6: At the least it will be very much like what you saw with the New Captain America movie, which is a perfectly respectable opening weekend, and the Hollywood press and supporters of this kind of woke approach to doing snow White. We'll say that everybody was wrong and the movie was a box office smash. But then you got to watch what happens with successive weekends. Do the second wave of people go see this movie? And that's unlikely?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say sharp drop off. All right, Well, like we didn't even get over to the Marvel stuff. We'll save that for next week because I got a whole pile of it. But Steven appreciate it. This morning, have fun going to the moonbat protests and watching sometimes that's the best entertainment out there. And we'll get some more reports.
Speaker 6: Thanks dude, Excelsey or see you later.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Steven kent nerd correspondents, you Tube and everything geeky stoics. We will be right back. Hangan, I want to point out that Maxine Water, here's a couple of things you need to about. I need to know about Maxine Waters. Maxine Waters Well is a lunatic. So three things one uh and two. Maxine Waters and her husband got into some like bank shenanigans, which frankly seemed illegal, but somehow she kind of like weaseled out of it. And she used to chair the Banking Committee, the you know, commerce, banking and commerce, so like she should have one of the best understandings in all of Congress about financial instruments, banking, any of the rest. But you can't when you're as dumb as she is. So case in point here she is.
Speaker 10: Yesterday I court show that a far larger number of investors lost more than two billion dollars after the meming coin crash. Meanwhile, a Republican led SEC has conveniently stated that meming coins are not to their regulator oversight, and a new SEC head by someone who does not believe in guardrails would continue to go.
Speaker 4: Down this road.
Speaker 10: We're not just talking about what you have advised us about. We're talking about the way that these mimi coins are put together.
Speaker 1: This is a meb coin. Now, let me just say this, Remember when the first when the word meme first started kind of entering the lexicon on the regular I allowed for a learning curve right ross. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, And we saw this specifically with our very own Jamal who calls the show, where the first time he called up he called it a mime coin. He said the same thing, like a decade ago or something.
Speaker 1: Yet, yeah, and so for there was a window where if you said mimi instead of meme, it was fine. But you also weren't the former chair of the Banking Committee, a city member of Congress, and somebody is trying to enact screaming memi coin. So unless the coin is from the I just actually I just realized how she could pull herself out of this. I just uh, unless the coin is a money grab by the woman from the Drew Carey show, You're an idiot, that's what you got. Yeah, what's she up to?
Speaker 2: I don't even know?
Speaker 1: Right, So, but what you're talking about are meme coins, ma'am, And holy hell, you should probably.
Speaker 2: Do you not have anyone on.
Speaker 1: Your staff, but like, oh you know what, wait a second, hold on, do we have her gasoline thing? She couldn't pronounce gasoline. You remember that one time when she was telling if you see if you see that going back to Trump's first time when she was telling people to harass Trump supporters like you see him in a gasoline station?
Speaker 2: So why would I assume she it's Mimi.
Speaker 10: Reports show that a far larger number of investors lost more than two billion dollars after the meme coined crash.
Speaker 1: All right, well, you know what, then, maybe you need to bring in a hawk to a girl in for your committee hearing and question her. Dude, I'd pay to watch that, wouldn't you, Maxine Waters grilling hawk to a girl? Does that battle of that battle of intellects? Oh man, that would be amazing. But otherwise, ma'am, you're just selling an idiot. So thank you. I would have been I would have been kicking myself for the rest of the day, and I forgot to go ahead and play that.
Speaker 2: All right, you're ready for one of the most.
Speaker 1: Insane law proposals I've seen in a minute. Of course, we're gonna go to Illinois. That's right, That's how I pronounce it. Deal with it. We're gonna go to Illinois where a lawmaker there has Why am I getting gatekeep when I saw this damn article earlier? Oh, I just hate this stuff.
Speaker 2: Hang on, hang on.
Speaker 1: I OpEd ross, I opened a link. I opened a link, and then after I opened the link and had the story up there, I didn't go to it for a while, and then I go back and then it has like a paywall on it. But initially it was showing all the things. Is that a new thing we're doing now on websites to make them even more obnoxious and annoying for people? That's great, Thank you so much for that. So anyway, an Illinois lawmaker has put forward a proposal. Here we go. All right, I'll get that to work now, a proposal that would provide a carve out. Here we go. Illinois lawmaker has introduced a bill that would make it legal for anyone experiencing a mental health episode to assault police officers.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it is as crazy as it sounds. The terms of the legislation. The bill would provide that it is a defense to aggravated battery when an when an individual batters a police officer, and it's not just police, it's actually fire, police correctional institution employee, so a prison guard, private security officer, a Department of Health and Human Services employee, or a community policing volunteers, so a whole bunch of them. But basically, if you claim that you're having a mental health episode with how many times do we see this with like officer involved shootings or just you know, really heated interactions between police and suspects right where they're like, oh, my baby was having a mental health episode. And sometimes they are. Sometimes it's a suicide by cops situation. It's incredibly sad. But about half the time when they're like, oh, no, he's having a mental health issue. No, their mental health issue? Is there a dirt bag who don't have any respect for law enforcement. I saw a video yesterday of some police who are trying to subdue a guy and three other dudes are jumping on the police and then just running off. Right, this is the thing we do now. They're not all having mental health episodes. You're looking for a carve out there so that people can justify striking police officers. And I just want to point out this isn't even elevating peace officers over the general public. This is the same charge that if you walked up and punched somebody on the street, you would be charged with aggravated assault. In the right circumstances, and if you punch police in the same fashion you in Illinois are currently charged with aggravated assault. It's not even an elevated secondary charge like a assault of a law enforcement officer, which some states have. In Illinois, it doesn't matter if you're police, not police, the guy that works at the gas station, your neighbor, whatever, if you assault them, you'll be charged with assault. This lunatic and two others three Democrat state reps want to make it legal if you go in and claim that you're having a mental health episode, which the parameters, by the way in the build don't even require you to have that signed off on. You just have to make the argument and then you can bring your expert in. Like there's no way to really determine that if somebody is having just because somebody's out of control doesn't mean they're having a mental health episode. Sometimes they're just a criminal who doesn't want to get apprehended by police. I don't know if you've ever seen this. Sometimes that's the thing, and they want to make it legal to go ahead or not an offense, to go ahead and beat the crap out of a police officer who may be trying to take them into custody.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's probably the most insane thing I've heard in a while. I hope it doesn't go anywhere, but I don't know that. I have a lot of trust up there in the state of Illinois. And imagine what that would mean for Chicago. Can you imagine in the most crime infested areas of Chicago, where you wouldn't catch a charge for assaulting a police officer? Why wouldn't you try to get away? Seriously, why wouldn't you if you thought, especially if you had like a warrant, or you had a bunch of previous convictions and you thought they might actually do something this time, or your whole or you got something in your pocket you shouldn't have, like you know, like a hard drug or a gun that you're not supposed to have. Why wouldn't you assault a police officer if you can just claim you were out of your head at the time. And and this is the this is the lunacy that we're dealing with up there, by the way, Ross, I just saw this. Did you see who just bought Pokemon Go?
Speaker 2: I just saw this story.
Speaker 1: So apparently the Ninantic Games, which is the maker of Pokemon Go and its whole catalog of games, but primarily that's their money maker. Just got sold to the Saudi government. Well that what's that gonna look like? It is like pika Oh I found a Pikachu and he's a suicide barber. How does that work? This game could get dangerous?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: All right, So the Saudi's now on Pokemon Go. And if in case you need a less of a reason to play this, that is crazy. Oh, I have to tell Kevin Campbell, let him know. That's very sad. All right? Are we good to go with Noe? We're on the phone again. Why raced agic from the Weather Channel joining us? Why'd you break your toy? Man?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I tell you I texted the comrax right after and it worked for me.
Speaker 7: And I'm trying to figure out. You would think that when you came into the actual building and went into a studio rather than your homemade studio with you know, a twenty dollars microphone, you would think that these things would work, wouldn't you? Look?
Speaker 2: Do you have I have a brick unit or do you have a fit of conrec unit in your little You're den there full comers.
Speaker 7: But I'm using like on sip. It's a different that's what I use for all old.
Speaker 1: Never mind, never mind, use it. We're gonna get two inside baseball. That's your own fault.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, no, but but it's it's funny because that oh it's fine anyway. But let's see, let's see see see see. Okay, yesterday, let's do this first Yesterday, eighty try at eighty three triangles, so we'll have that kind of spread over the next few days. Two to three degree two to three degrees, depending on where you are. Today, it's probably mid upper seventies a partial sunshine. Tomorrow seventy are just above depends on where you are, lots of sunshine. So two real great days here today and tomorrow. Overnight lows are we gonna be mild for this time of year, in the mid upper forties. Now the normal highs are closer to sixty or just above sixty degrees, so we're well above normal. And then Saturday, the warmest day of this run upper seventies to low eighties. I don't think Saturday we have a train at all to do anything to cancel any out to a plan, So just plan on maybe an afternoon shower passing through a little breezy that it's Saturday, the Sunday early that we have to watch out for showers, even some thunderstorms. Especially try it in west out towards Ashville and Boone and Hickory are a better chance and maybe some stronger storms. So potentially some severe weather here. We'll see how far east they go. So right now it's say at least early Sunday morning, after midnight Saturday into Sunday morning, there is that chance. And then a few showers are possible Sunday with highs and the little mid seventies. And then it looks good as we get into Monday next week, so dryer weather will come in after a little wet weather, and we need the wet weather. With the Weather Service continue and emphasize these dangerous fire conditions. Increased fire danger again today. Low relative humidity, a little bit of a breeze, and warm temperatures certainly not good for fires. That's a new occur or you know, if they do get started, and unfortunately that does happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, real quick too, if you paid twenty much for that mic, you got ripped off.
Speaker 2: Brot Business bureauers.
Speaker 7: Okay, it worked there of the pandemic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, all right, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next.
Speaker 11: Hang on morning, case there is better than expected economic news from Washington this morning. The Producer Price Index, the government's way of tracking inflation at the wholesale level, was unchanged last month. The core PPI, which excludes volatile food and energy costs, fell a tenth of a percent. Another report shows there was a small decline last week and the number of workers filing new claims for unemployment benefits. A small uptick was predicted, but worries about tariffs and the threat of a government shut down are likely to weigh on Wall Street today. Futures are lower right across the board this morning now futures down seventy and today is the day federal agencies have to submit their plans for layoffs and budget cuts. So far, the government layoffs have been measured in the tens of thousands, but that number is expected to reach into the hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 2: Good news.
Speaker 11: You may notice soon that egg prices are starting to ease. The cost of eggs surge nearly sixty percent over the last year because of a shortage caused by bird flu, but prices have fallen in recent weeks, and the Department of Agriculture says we were responsible for that. Consumers cut back on egg purchases because of high prices. Reduced demand is given supplies a chance to catch up. Minor International of Thailand will open an n Entera hotel somewhere in the US early next year. Some of the company's properties are featured in the HBO series White Lotus and the Case. Deadheads have a couple of months to say for a new Grateful Dead box set commemorating the band's sixtieth anniversary. This box will include sixty CDs if live shows. It will be sold through the band's web store, and the price six one hundred dollars casey.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well, you know a lot of people follow them around back in the day, so they'll probably pay it now that they're older in rich. All right, thank you, sir, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Okay, a good day, there you go.
Speaker 1: Jeff Bellinger, Bloomberg News Roz had saw some amazing So you remember we talked earlier this week about Dylan Mulvaney's new book, Right that Insanity and then he was on the View.
Speaker 2: So the first numbers are out on sales. How do you think it?
Speaker 1: Did? You had to you had to guesstimate. Oh, I'm sorry, he's doing something. So let me let me just lay this out for you. So, Dylan Mulvaney's new book, we have the very first And remember there's not that many new books that are high profile books that get the level of pub that Dylan Mulvaney's did. I mean Dylan mlvany was on the View, was on the everywhere? Right, Well, you'll be happy to learn that Mulvaney's new book has landed inside the top five hundred and forty. Just made it just made in the top five hundred and forty books over on Amazon there, sitting at five thirty nine. So I'm not a book pub publisher, but that's probably not good if if I had to guess, so.
Speaker 2: Probably, But snow White will probably.
Speaker 1: Do better than that. I guess if you had to had to ask. And this is a strange story. A Pennsylvania man was attempting to go through airport security at Newark Liberty International Airport. This happened Friday. I'm only just seeing this and I don't understand how you think you're gonna get through the TSA with this, especially when you go in the machine where you got to put your arms up above your head and a little triangle right so it can do the little hey you gotta and if you're if you're a remotely overweight, they're like, oh, looks like there might be something there. This guy had a live turtle in his pants. Security said that alarm was triggered by the machine when they noticed an area of the man's groin not only looked like it had something there, but was moving, which I guess you're growing could move, you understand what I'm saying, but not in the size of a turtle. That's it's roughly the size of a volleyball.
Speaker 2: When asked.
Speaker 1: When asked if there was something hidden in his pants, the man reached down the front of his pants, pulled out the live turtle that was wrapped in like a blue towel, and then and then told TSA he didn't know it was there.