Speaker 1: Welcome back, midnight viewers to Father Malone's Nightmare in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Round Up.
Speaker 1: That's right, we've just wrapped up our time here at the Silverton Casino in beautiful Las Vegas, Nevada. We were mixing and mingling with weirdos and freaks. There were beautiful cars and beautiful monsters. It was a fucking trip. I tell you. Ripley is here. She's mad as hell at me for leaving her home. But the festival was outdoors and she couldn't handle the presence of co host HP in my house. So the thought of her sitting at a booth for sixteen hours outside, Okay, I'm sorry, Well you were not going to last. Get I'm not apologizing. This was their first ever convention and I think they did a hell of a job. And by them, i'm talking about Amy and Darlene. All the love I can send their way, I'm sending. They were a fucking delight and they have great instincts, and I have no doubt this is just going to continue to grow and get bigger for them. They were exceedingly cool to us and from what I gather to everyone else around them. Now, before I go on, I just want to say that having HP around here in the flesh has been its own fucking delight. He and I have never once fallen out of easy conversation, but sometimes it's nice to do that while arguing over where to eat while driving around. I just wanted to say that. Now for the music, oh boy, it was a rocketbelly wonderland. They had both kinds, raka and psycho. No, that's not true. There was a ton of variety on display, including Los Carajos.
Speaker 2: Son the Sonny.
Speaker 1: Sack down.
Speaker 2: There, sorry cycle, your must be.
Speaker 3: Let me there, Go.
Speaker 1: There, Ate Marianci Punk Act, and they played twice and I was there for both performances. Out fucking standing stuff. I'm gonna put links in the show notes as usual, so go there. Carajos are a local band and now I'm angling to get them, at least a few of them on the show. I love a huge fucking band, the Pogues, Fucking Parliament Funkadelic. They did a couple of covers of Robert Rodriguez and Tarantino flick numbers and they fucking owned them. Do I need to say it again? Los Carajos, the other band that fucking knocked my socks off was the Ghostwood Murder.
Speaker 4: I was leaving town, going eastbou six pack and a headache.
Speaker 5: Promise Games.
Speaker 6: The only boy I loved.
Speaker 3: There'd be six feet and plusnell reson game.
Speaker 2: Yon Joel Zung Me.
Speaker 1: Ailing from Kingman, Arizona. This band is kind of a dream come true for me. I love all of American music, yes, even country, you narrow minded Dix. In fact, if you take what I in any sane American considers country music, I'm talking Hank Williams in earlier, and then combine that with the best of punk, and on top of that delightful concoction, you dollop in folk tales and gypsy themes. As cool as I'm making them sound, they're way cooler. I grab the CD. Hell I'm wearing the T shirt. They are linked below too. The Ghost Would Murder Full disclosure. Their guitarist, Brian is an old friend. Before he's skidaddled to the High Desert, he was in a band here in Vegas, a band No No No, the band the Sheikhs of Neptune surf punk psychedelia from Space. They are gone but not forgotten. I'm linking them below as well, so we had a booth everybody, me and HB and Chris Stashu dropping in from the horror anthology wing of the podcast. He was putting out fires and pressing the flesh out there, and so many fucking cool people dropped by and chatted with us. We were in the media section, which shared tents with all of the celebrities, so our backwall was the backwall for Tony Ceesar. He's a stuntman extraordinaire. Initially we were to have shared the wall with Ginger Linn. I was pretty fucking excited to be cohabitating with her for a while, but Tony was no slouch. In fact, he was fucking hot. That'll make sense soon. We met tons of great vendors and saw a goddamn plethora of super talented artists in every fucking medium. I've been so goddamned insulated in my life lately that it's easy to forget how many supremely gifted people are out there amongst us and doing right with their talents. I honestly can't say enough about the entire Nightmare in Vegas experience. But having said that, I am fucking exhausted, so I'm going to go to the tape here second, and then I'm gonna go to bed. Let me set up what follows. However, I've got a series of interviews with different vendors and cool people and celebrities. The vendors are totally self explanatory, but the celebs might need a bit of context. Tony Ceesar, as I mentioned, is the super hot stunt man. He specializes in burn gags. He gets lit on fire a lot. Over on Paul Waller's show A Year in Horror, Paul and I discussed the movie Swamp Thing, and we talked excitedly about the stunts and that, in particular the scene where Alec Holland, who has combusted and is running down a dock covered in flames, dives into the swamp and dowses himself off. That's Tony. I got to talk to Swamp Thing. But then he's many things. He's the Thing, the Palmer Thing during the couch sequence, and John Carpenter's the thing. He runs out into the snow after he's been set ablaze by McCready, who then pursues him out into the storm and throws a stick of dynamite at him. That's Tony. He was also the same puffed marshmallow man when they positroned him. I'll just throw out a few names of films he did stunts on Child's Play, Dark Man Freaked, How about ghost Face in Scream That Do Anything for You? After mister cecar I spoke to Tara Buckman, she would be most recognizable to mainstream audiences of a certain vintage as the co pilot of the Lamborghini and the Cannonball Run. That's her jumping out and spray painting over the fifty five mile per hour side. It's no easy defeat to hold your own alongside Adrian Barbou, but she does it. She does it again with Jamie Lee Curtis, who she was imprisoned with in an intergalactic penal colony on buck Rogers in the twenty fifth century. She's the unfortunate mom at the start of Silent Night, Deadly Night in the seventies, she was on everything. Goddamn it. I just realized I didn't ask her one question about the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Mysteries. Shame on me. Anyway. Tara Buckman was lovely and charming, and it was a dream to talk to her and Finally, Yes, I made my way around to actress Ginger Lynn. Actress needs no qualifiers, but for clarity, she is an adult film star and a mainstream film actress. I won't say she's a star in the Ginger Rogers way, but she is a horror film star in the Ginger Linn way. She's been in quite a few rob zombie flicks, thirty one doubles Rejacks. Back in the day, she was in one of the Wing Commander games. Anybody remember Wing Commander? Fuck? I love that game. I have a Wing Commander's story, but it's for another day. Thank you everybody tuning in for this tardy episode. Tune in Friday. It is more yaoucha fest. HB and I discuss Shane Black's attempt at resuscitating the franchise with The Predator. Next week, I'm gonna talk about the film Good Boy. That's the new horror film from the Dogs perspective. It's a requirement for leaving Ripley at home. Enjoy the rest of the show.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm father alone from midnight viewing. I was wondering what you guys are doing, what you're up to here at the convention.
Speaker 5: Sin City Ghostbusters for raising money ran by Ghost Corp. That's gonna raise money for kids in the hospital. Give a Halloween team Ghostbuster gowns in the hospital.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic. Man, How's there a convention be treating you? It's been fantastic.
Speaker 5: We've been having a blast just We're definitely gonna come next year together. Recently, there used to be one in Vegas and they split up after COVID. So we just met at a convention one day and we started this alliance. That is great. We have a lot of events going on in October and we're also going to be at the Veterans They prayed. Are YouTube channel at Sin City Ghostbusters ghostbusters dot com and in our instagram since City Ghostbusters Awesome.
Speaker 2: I'm fathering a lot with the Midnight Viewing podcast. Tell Me about your your escape room.
Speaker 3: Our escape room, Monster Quest is a classic movie monster themed escape room. We have three experiences, a Curse of the Mummy experience, a Doctor Frankenstein's Mansion experience, and our third and newest.
Speaker 2: Room is a Creature from the Black That's fantastic. The creature is my favorite. I have a friend in England who does not understand our fascination here in America with with the creature from the Black La Girl.
Speaker 7: He's baffled by very mysterious.
Speaker 3: You know, it's links around our local duck pong, scaly greenskin, beady red eyes.
Speaker 7: We've been unable to capture it, and that's why we need your help.
Speaker 2: So if you're a brave adventure who would.
Speaker 3: Like to help us save our town, especially from scaly green swamp things, we could definitely use your help.
Speaker 2: Where are you, guys located?
Speaker 3: We are located in the heart of the arts district, right at the corner of Casino Center and Charleston Boulevard.
Speaker 2: And if people are looking to find you online, you have an online presence, I assume we do.
Speaker 3: You can find us at monster quest escape room dot com or on Instagram at Monsterquest LV. I am Mistress Russilia, hostess of the fulin Scholar Tavern, which you will enter when you arrive, Madame Avam.
Speaker 2: There you go mostly silent until then. Thank you guys. Hello, sir, I'm standing with a fellow killedwearer. We're the only two I think? Is it not the greatest form of apparel?
Speaker 4: That's not only the greatest form, it is like the number one form best not for manly men doing manly things.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, and I don't even do manly things.
Speaker 4: I just appear to well, you certainly seem to be quite a manly manis Thank you, sir, nice to meet you.
Speaker 8: We are the Amazing Worldly Tinkers. We create toys, games, comics and more. You can always check more of us out over it to Amazing Tinkers dot com and common. Wednesday when we post on our show page, you've been able to see pictures of this marvelous event Nightmare in Vegas.
Speaker 2: What was your name, sir? My name is C. J. Cummings.
Speaker 8: I'm the game designer, author and artist as long as my bride Tammy Brant, who's the other author, an artists and game designer that creates all the wares you see in our show.
Speaker 1: Fantastic have a great conversation, I have a great convention. Yeah, it was a pleasure to me too. It's father alone here with Tony Caesar. He's the stuntman extraordinary. I told you all about Tony. How did you even get started lighting yourself on fire?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 9: I found out how little other people knew how to do it, and I developed a technique to do it where I could do a burn in two sets of clothing and make it look realistic.
Speaker 1: We've gone on at length about your burning swamp thing when you ran down the pier and then dove.
Speaker 2: Into the water, dousing yourself out. Just incredible.
Speaker 9: What was that like?
Speaker 2: On that said that was two burns?
Speaker 9: I did one burn inside, which we did, and then a month later we did the outside. When the outside one was the longest anyone had ever run and went into it. But what was interesting about that they were experienced a drought back here. Then we had to pump water from the river into the swamp in order to make the swamp that I went into. But as I was running, it's you don't see the flames. It looks like someone standing in back of you with a big flashlight shining out in front of you.
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 1: How hot does it get? Does it get hot at all, or once it gets hot it's too late.
Speaker 9: Yes, it gets hot, but you have to know when it's at the peak, because if you wait till it gets too hot, then you go down you can get burned. So you just before it gets too hot, you go down. And then I have a hand signal that I signaled with my safeties with to come in and put me out.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, so you did you did swamp thing, but before swamp it? Was it before or after you did the thing?
Speaker 9: No, Swamp Thing was the first one. I did that with Wes Crave and Adrian barbo was working on the set. She told John Carpenter about me, and John Carpenter was doing the thing. Then I ended up doing the burn for the thing that Carpenter wanted to. Adrian Barbou told John about me, and that's how I got the job.
Speaker 2: Can I where was that part?
Speaker 9: Film?
Speaker 2: Was that in Los Angeles? Where you got in? Which one the thing?
Speaker 9: We did the interior burn in Los Angeles on a sound stage where Kurt shot me with the flamethrower. Then thirty days later we were up in Alaska and Hyder, Alaska, and I think it was a salmon glacier. Was I did the x air here burn.
Speaker 1: It's crazy so so far just you've been swamping and the thing and then Wes Craven's next film is Nightmare on Elm Street, where you do the craziest condamn snun I've ever seen, where you do a full burn like tumbling downstairs.
Speaker 9: I fell down a flight of stairs on that No one had ever done that before, and I actually won an award for that stunt because no one had ever done it. But I actually overseen the construction of the stairs, so there were no sharp points or anything that I would tear my suit on coming down. But that was the second show I worked with Wes Craven. Then after that I did I think seventeen of the shows I worked with Wes Craven for twenty years.
Speaker 2: You certainly did.
Speaker 1: In fact, for Ghostbusters fans out here, if you like the stay up marshmallow Man on fire, then you like Tony Hare.
Speaker 9: Yes, I got called in on that one. They originally had someone else come in with the stunt coordinator's sun. He couldn't do the particular stunt, so they brought me in. That burn was done in three different burns. The first one they told me I didn't need to wear my fire suit because they made stay Puff fireproof. The first burn, the head split open in the inside of the head caught on fire. Then the second burn I did, the flames were so big that it made stay Puff look small. So I ended up doing a third burn where we brought the flames down a little bit so they didn't see big high flames on Staypuff.
Speaker 2: You fear no fire, Tony.
Speaker 9: I make sure I don't get burned. I try to make sure I might safe. I always try to use the same safety people in show after show.
Speaker 2: It's great to see her at the convention. You're having a good time.
Speaker 9: Yes, I'm having a good time.
Speaker 2: Fansast invention. If people want to get in touch with you, looking for you, are you online at all?
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 9: My daughters did the jump rope scene in the Nightmare on Elm Street and they have a sight called the Job.
Speaker 2: I'll get it, okay, jump rope girls.
Speaker 9: Something. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I'll fill it in there. So great talking to you man. I'm sorry the rest of your convention. Thank you standing here with Tara Buckman.
Speaker 1: Now, most horror fans, of course can remember her from as Mom and Silent Night Deadly Night, but given the Midnight Viewing is a horror anthology podcast, you have a special distinction. You're the only one who's actually been in some horror anthologies Freddy's Nightmares, but more specifically, you were on a Tales of the unexpected.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that? No, with rolled out? We were in with David Cassidy.
Speaker 7: That's right, I remember David, that's what. And wasn't it with them? Who was the actor.
Speaker 2: Darren McGavin, the king of all television horror?
Speaker 7: Gosh, I'd love to have a picture of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was great.
Speaker 7: I remember that because I actually went out with David after that.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, all our fans are really wondering, what's David Cassidy really like? But I guess you can speak to that a little more.
Speaker 7: And he was just a sweetheart. It wasn't He wasn't for me.
Speaker 2: He was, Yeah, eventually he wasn't for most of the American Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, no, I grew up with them. That's the bizarre thing. A tidbit here.
Speaker 10: I grew up with Bobby Sherman from Okay, Julie, Julie, Julie, do you love me?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 7: And then and then David and and so I had their posters on the wall. But then as an actress here I'm doing a telligence series.
Speaker 10: It was a year with Claude Eggins and called Misadventures of cheer Flow bow In wats Bobby.
Speaker 7: Sherman as one of our guests on my show, and then I end up thinking.
Speaker 1: How do you reconcile the poster on your wall with the standing there trying to be a prop another person.
Speaker 7: I'm just not like understanding fans.
Speaker 10: I'm not I'm not a fan of anything s except for Tonkos and you know Stay who is Doug. Yeah, but I'd find that fascinating, you know, both of them on my wall.
Speaker 2: Well, uh, what was your time like on uh uh Buck Rogers, one of the most infamous episodes of Wall. As I'm with Jamie Lee.
Speaker 10: Kurtik, I just remember that I felt like I gained wade and my thighs were too big in that short skirt.
Speaker 7: You need the real things.
Speaker 10: However, I just started doing ponds and I went to one and called Chiller.
Speaker 7: Somebody actually bought that outfit that I'm where. They bid on it in Hollywood, brought it in for me to sign.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: I just felt so good about that.
Speaker 7: You know, Yeah, I like to be in the bad person that was instead of the.
Speaker 2: What I find amusing is uh, you know that episode now means something to you know fans all but you know, around the world. But all you can think about is then you let your fives were too bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I never never leaves, does it.
Speaker 10: It's just and I thought, why did I Why didn't I get Jamie's worry because we were both under contract Universal I wanted her role, you know.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought. Too villainous, I guess so.
Speaker 7: But these are the things that go on, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Damn it. And of course everyone probably remembers you from the book cannon Ball Run Lamborghini.
Speaker 2: Will all fell in love with the Lamborghini and you at the same time.
Speaker 7: I think that's probably the one people remember because that opening shot is.
Speaker 11: Probably one of the best, to me, one of the best ever opening shots in movies, you know, getting out and spraying that fifty five mile speed limit sign.
Speaker 2: You were all over seventies television. I'm a vic fan of seventies television. Rockford Files, Yeah, arguably the greatest television theme song of all time. Oh neat okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if people are looking for you, or you have an online presence or anything, you're.
Speaker 7: Just I don't even know how to use Instagram.
Speaker 11: You know, I've got a book here right by my side called Instagram for Dummies. I just started doing the conventions, like I never wanted to do autographs, thinking it was so stupid and really neat era and also as a fan get a life. But I had no idea the reward you can get giving back learning. I had no idea how wonderful it feels. So I'm real new with this. I don't even have You're still trying to cover and find pictures from the past. You can't find Brettas and hardy boys.
Speaker 7: But also learning Instagram, you know, because.
Speaker 11: Like even on Facebook, I've just got my basic career, you know, I've just never.
Speaker 2: I have a I have a photograph though, and the strict that does being expected at how I could I can forward that a lot? Really, once you get onto Instagram.
Speaker 7: Does it have me and David or does Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 7: Indeed, it's amazing what people remember, you know, entertainment.
Speaker 2: You know if people think of it as light, but you know it hits at a certain time in your life and it becomes important.
Speaker 11: Well, it'll look at myself looking at say, okay, Robert Gregor is a big deal. But wait a minute, I'm not you know, a fan or in love or need an autograph, But you touched me at one point.
Speaker 10: There were something you know that made you remember that scene or or feeling, which is what I think.
Speaker 2: We're most agreeing though.
Speaker 10: Business anyway, Princess, Bud and Chin they're all still alive and chicken.
Speaker 7: But I'm sure you were depressed.
Speaker 2: You should have switched A father knows best. Yes, come back to me.
Speaker 1: Why you have to go and O?
Speaker 7: D A watch of her?
Speaker 9: Missus? E?
Speaker 11: Yes, come back to me?
Speaker 2: Why you have to go and d? What about a go Bill?
Speaker 4: Jody?
Speaker 1: A sissy?
Speaker 2: This one's belfumfy, Jinger Lynn.
Speaker 1: You've lived lives, had many careers a theatrical actress, adult actress.
Speaker 2: But I have a particular question for you. You have been haunting me for something like forty years.
Speaker 1: Uh what I do? Buffy, Buffy, come back to me. You were an angel in the reruns in the Bachelor Party movie.
Speaker 7: Yes, And you know it's funny is they bought that footage.
Speaker 6: I didn't know I was in that film until about ten years ago, and people kept saying, Oh, you're in the Bachelorette Party.
Speaker 7: I'm like, that was nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 5: I wasn't I know.
Speaker 7: I didn't do mainstream.
Speaker 9: Until this and they bought the footage.
Speaker 7: I'm in the bachelorette party?
Speaker 2: Is that Ninstern It's fantastic.
Speaker 7: Now you were an Angel in the rerun or Angel reruns?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, which I long lamented. Love I still listened to the music to this day.
Speaker 7: Isn't that funny?
Speaker 1: I love that it's so postmodern at the time when there was no such thing. It's absolutely right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The fact that it took on pop culture and gave it kind of a spin that really nobody. But I think by that time nobody had really invested in pop culture in any sort of appreciable way, like like how it raised people in a way, And those songs were just so fucking on point, really were, and I think they should have you guys, should have been huge as far as I was concerned, honestly. But when you listen back to like new wave bands at the top and the ones that were actually popular, what did they have to fucking say, like, virtually nothing at all.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 7: I did love Blondie, of.
Speaker 2: Course, Yeah. I mean because they were their own sort of lame sex pistols.
Speaker 7: Naturally, I got'ta tell you a funny story. Is this a PG rated show?
Speaker 3: Go for it.
Speaker 7: So I've gotten around over the years.
Speaker 6: I'm a very loving, free spirited, fun girl, and I forget sometimes the different people that I've had relationships with. And so Steve Jones from the Sex Still just wrote a book. Yeah, and there's one paragraph where evidently I met him at an.
Speaker 2: AA meeting, the perfect place to meet.
Speaker 7: Took him in the bathroom and blew him. And I have no recollection, and I would he He was like almost embarrassed. I'm like, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: That's double your place in music history now right, You have no excuse.
Speaker 7: Nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's just my little Steve Jones story.
Speaker 7: And I enjoy love and live my life.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you're having a good convention.
Speaker 6: Yesterday I kicked ass. There were so many wonderful fans here, good people. It was a wonderful day.
Speaker 7: Today there's football competing with football. It's a man's world.
Speaker 2: Indeed, outfor this Foror scene is predominant Levin. Yes, so, and your fans are. According to my Instagram, those metrics are finally coming in handy.
Speaker 6: If people want to find me, my social handle is blame it on Ginger. That's on every social media you can find.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic. Thank you so much for taking your time talking to us today. Ginger appreciate.
Speaker 3: A line from beyond the jewels. He's coming from you, and a line give him hath always.
Speaker 11: It's true.
Speaker 2: Drawdraw the black.
Speaker 10: You'll show you.
Speaker 7: Don't join us stuff.
Speaker 3: He's coming so long les rong no no nona non nonanda no