Speaker 1: Welcome to it.
Speaker 2: Broncos Country Tonight, Benjamin Albright, Gret smith Man, the Myth, the Mustache.
Speaker 3: We're live, grant, what's a live show? We do live shows anymore. I didn't know that existed on Broncos Country at Night. Five six, six, nine zeros and text line.
Speaker 4: Colorado Rockies beat the Milwaukee Brewers. I almost called him Milwaukee Braves and I'm not even old enough to do that. Three to two, that was yeah. Ryan Feltner gets the win, his second win of the season.
Speaker 5: Up to two and ten now six K, six innings, pitch, one run, one earned, and it holds for Halberson and Cheveli and they save for Tyler Kinley his tenth losing pitcher Frankie Matas of the Rocks home runs, Migueltolia got his twenty third of the season, as well as three RBIs in that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Three hits in the game for the Rockies and three runs on one swing by Michael Tolia.
Speaker 4: Gotta love it. I uh it was fourteen strikeout. They struck out fourteen times in that game, still managed to win it. A pretty good performance by the pitching from the Braves. Just Rockies taking advantage of the opportune moments and obviously pulling out the win.
Speaker 3: Good for the Rocks. There.
Speaker 4: We've got some football action down there in Brazil. Saw Apollo Brazil is what started off sluggishly. The scoring has has started to pick up a little bit. Green Bay just I they scored their first touchdown if you getting two field goals early. They're up on Philadelphia thirteen to seven, penning the outcome of the extra point.
Speaker 3: So we got a little parlay action going on that one.
Speaker 4: Grant's Grant's keeping me aprized to make sure we're up to speed on all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Trying to get the trying to get some money. One there.
Speaker 4: I want to give you guys some programming notes stuff. We've got a full live show on Monday. We have the ABC presidential debate on Tuesday. That'll come on immediately following the Rockies in progress. Myself, Mandy Connell, Ross Kaminski will be We'll be doing the Kiwi webcast. Guys can watch that to the Facebook page. With a lot of fun, a lot of viewers last time doing that. It's a lot of fun with that. Sunday, of course, we start the gambling and fantasy shows. Obviously, Broncos take on the Seahawks right here on Kowa, but in between the gambling and fantasy shows which start at nine am here, then they run until eleven. After that, we got some fun this football season. Whever the Broncos are on the road, you can join KOA for the Orange.
Speaker 3: And Blue Brunch.
Speaker 4: It's presented by Don Julio Tequilo, myself, Nick Ferguson eleven to want at Scooter Sports Bar and Girl at Alameda in Aurora. Now we'll change the locations every time. This one's gonna be at Scooters, the locations will change. So if you guys will come out to Scooter Sports Bar and Girl at Alameda in Aurora, you can enter to win a trip for two to Kansas City for the Broncos Chiefs November tenth game.
Speaker 3: So you guys will want to do.
Speaker 4: I want to get down there for that, and they've got they got a few other things down there.
Speaker 3: I think we got to.
Speaker 4: Patser tan helmet signed Javonte Williams Jersey.
Speaker 3: I actually goes to the Sporty Pickle of Money.
Speaker 4: So if you go to Sporty Pickle on Monday, you got that Cirtan helmet the Jamante Williams Jersey and of course can continue to end. So we got plenty of live events coming up that you guys will want to attend and and and get to and get an opportunity to win.
Speaker 3: Some pretty cool stuff.
Speaker 4: Pats Er Tan helmet, like we said, Jamonte Williams Jersey trip for two to Kansas City.
Speaker 3: And speaking of Patser Tan, our good buddy.
Speaker 4: Uh right, Edward's got to catch up with the newly minted corner and talk to him earlier.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go.
Speaker 7: Joining us right now on the Kate Way Common Spirit Health Hotline is Broncos starting cornerback pats Er Tan, Who's gonna be joining us all season long on Fridays.
Speaker 3: Pat, thanks so much for the time.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 8: I'm doing good.
Speaker 3: I'm doing great. What a week, my friend?
Speaker 7: I mean, if you get the contract extension, you're named a team captain. What was your reaction to just an unbelievab roller coaster kind of weak?
Speaker 8: Oh man, your feeling was something I couldn't have ever imagined.
Speaker 9: Man, It's something that I've always dreamed of, you know, just happened a week like this.
Speaker 8: It doesn't come by so often, so I appreciate it every.
Speaker 9: Moment, every bit of it. Getting the contract done and obviously being the name team captain. Man, it's honestly a surreal feeling.
Speaker 8: It feels like I was dreaming through the most of it. But to see my dreams come into fruition.
Speaker 9: Man, it's honestly a blessing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a pretty grounded guy.
Speaker 7: So I was thinking this week before we were going to have you on, I was thinking about, like what you as a younger player, whether it was high school or college, imagining yourself as a pro based on what you imagined your career could look like the first few years of it. How has it matched up to that, especially when you put into context this week.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think when I was younger, First things first, I've always had a vision in mind, a vision and set to always be the best player I could be.
Speaker 8: Choice reached this level.
Speaker 9: And you know, at that stage early on in my career, I didn't never knew.
Speaker 8: What my potential could look like because I was so wrong.
Speaker 9: With God giving ability. But now sitting in here today, you know, just looking at my play now and seeing how far I come in, I'm just thankful for all the ups.
Speaker 8: And downs, all that first moments, you know.
Speaker 9: Through the wins and losses of my career, but I always stand tall and was able to you know, get better each and every year. And I'm honestly, you know, grateful for that, honestly because you know, in this league, man, you get so many opportunities to really you know, put your film out there, push your production out there.
Speaker 8: And each and every year, I realized, I've.
Speaker 9: Seen myself grow and get better.
Speaker 8: So looking where I was back then time now.
Speaker 9: Man, I just see, you know, light years better and you.
Speaker 8: Know, test steps ahead as far as.
Speaker 9: My mental randess.
Speaker 8: As you know, my career goes along the lines.
Speaker 7: That's awesome. Patzer Tan joining us here. Let's talk about the Seattle Seahawks. Obviously, you know what this talent is A wide receiver. You know Dk Metcalf, you know Tyler Lockett, Jackson Smith and Jigga a guy who was a rookie last year. He's going to be a factor in this When you look at that elite receiving cores and you think about the matchups for you, but even just for the secondary for you guys.
Speaker 3: But you got Riley Moss now on the opposite side.
Speaker 7: What what do they represent and how big of a deal is the communication for you guys when it comes to this game.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think communication is gonna be very vital. Obviously their receivers there, they all have special abilities to them. I think they all complement each other very well. I mean, uh DK, obviously he's a great player, you know. I mean is there a big time playmaker Tyler Lockett as well, a veteran and very savvy guy, and you got the rookie. The second year player is Jackson Smith who is a great player as well too, and he's been making plays, stepping in making play since last year. So I'm looking forward to the matchup. Obviously it's a test, but I think our second theary is very battle tested, just knowing.
Speaker 8: What we have to go through this year.
Speaker 9: Obviously with the departures of you know, Dressing and Kareem, so we started off as a very young group. I feel like this training camp, we've grown and we got better, and I just think we help each other each and every day to get better and strive for greatness.
Speaker 7: I know you guys had a change with your specific position coach in the offseason, but how much do the continuity of the overall defensive continuity with VJ coming back, How much did that help you guys?
Speaker 8: Yeah, helped a lot. You know, this is my first year.
Speaker 9: Wife was able to.
Speaker 8: Really have the same DC for two years.
Speaker 9: Now, So honestly that's a blessing.
Speaker 8: But I just think the defense as a whole, I think we meshed well. We're very confident this year.
Speaker 9: We're very eager and hungry.
Speaker 8: And VJ allows us to play soft fall potential because he trusted the abilities man and you know, we have a coach that thinks, you know, the defense like that, the potential is high, and I think throughout all season, training camp, not a season this year, I think we've grown each and every day, each.
Speaker 9: And every process, you know, getting our playbooks and implementing it.
Speaker 8: On to the field, and I think all confidence has grown.
Speaker 9: So I'm looking forward to a week.
Speaker 7: One for sure, last one year for you and again Patzertan joining us all season long on Fridays.
Speaker 3: Wanted to ask you about getting off to a fast start.
Speaker 7: Coach Payton has talked a lot about it, talked about it again in the press conference. I'd love to know for you, playing your position, what are the challenges of that knowing that, hey, you're one of eleven, but you're one of the most important on the defense and you sort of set a bit of a tone for that fast start.
Speaker 3: How did how do you Does that impact you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 8: The like I believe, cornerback is one of the premier positions in the NFL. I don't think you come around so often shut down corner so.
Speaker 9: Being able to be in that role, being able to be in that position, man, I think it speaks volumes. And obviously VJ has full grown trust to me to be able to fulfill my potential in that way.
Speaker 8: And I'm looking on each and every year, I'm.
Speaker 9: Looking to take a step forward and fulfilling that role in that process. So I think the cornerback position has becoming very vibe over the years, obviously with more and more Ey League corners coming in.
Speaker 8: I just think that the position itself speaks for itself.
Speaker 9: Just gods coming in, being on the island, having to shut down these talented receivers, elite receivers each and every week. I think that position itself hoes his own all.
Speaker 7: Right, Pat, It's now time for the Children's Hospital Colorado kid castor question is presented by your Colorado bu A GMC Dealers Colorado b A GMC, proud supporters of the Children's Hospital Colorado Foundation. This week's question is from Emma.
Speaker 3: I am Emma. I'm fifteen years old. I am a patient Children's Colorado. What is your favorite weird food combination?
Speaker 1: Emma.
Speaker 9: That's a very good question. Matter of fact, this might be a very popular food combination, and it's something that grew on me. At first, I wasn't very fond of it. I wasn't a fan of it, but I alway type to say pineapples on pieces.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, all right, okay, all right, yeah, yeah, it is kind of underrated. I'm actually with you on that.
Speaker 1: It is underrated for sure.
Speaker 9: But I've had to really allow myself to try it over and over again, and I can say it's probably it's pretty good. I can say it's pretty tasty for sure.
Speaker 1: So I would have to.
Speaker 9: Say that pineapple on pizza is something that I've grown on over the years.
Speaker 7: That's a fantastic answer, Pat, Thank you so much of the time. Like I said, looking forward to doing this all season long. Best of luck on Sunday against Seattle Bud.
Speaker 8: Thank you appreciate you.
Speaker 4: I have a doctor Broncos six points of the game because he's Pineapple on pizza.
Speaker 3: Guy, I love pineapple. I love pineapple and I love pizza.
Speaker 4: But they do not go together, sir, oh Man, Ham and pineapple.
Speaker 3: Oh pizza.
Speaker 6: Oh, they have this one at winter Park. Whenever I go skiing, I get ham and pineapple pizza time.
Speaker 3: I'm so good on that.
Speaker 6: I had a little onion on there from time, the onion and pineapple.
Speaker 4: By the way, if you ever make tacos, substitute the tomato with pineapple.
Speaker 3: And the onion and the red onion in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, best combo you'll have ben, especially like Alpa store title.
Speaker 3: Oh Man Delicious, It's so good. Jampack Show Tonight.
Speaker 4: Nick Ferguson is going to join us by phone here just a few minutes of seven thirty five. Got Ryan, Michael Edido five, Curtis Crabtree. We're up there in Seatol is going to join us in the bottom of the eight o'clock hour. Get a little preview of the Seahawks. Can't wait to talk to Nick about all the football action that's happening this weekend. We've got the Broncos taken on the Seattle Seahawks. We've got the CU Buffs taken on the Brasket corn Huskers, and Wet Blanket. Albright is in the house because he's picking against the home team in both of them.
Speaker 6: I think I gets the home team at both of them as well. Yeah, so I'm joining you in the Wet Blanket.
Speaker 4: By the way, if I got logged in on the pro pick them and I am in there just for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: Not in the iHeart group. I'm in the regular people group. I think I am too.
Speaker 4: So he needs to somebody needs to move me when it comes to that, and we'll we'll try and figure all that out.
Speaker 6: But well, you know, wh Jeff Johnson is in charge of things, there's sometimes some missing pieces.
Speaker 3: I can see him turning his truck around like that five six six nine Zeros text line. You guys want to get involved the conversation.
Speaker 4: I want to hear what you guys think about the games this week and who are you more confident in? Are you more confident in the See You Buffs, You're more confident even the Denver Broncos. You're not confident in either one. If you look at me, I'm I'm not particularly confident in either one. I think Nebraska is a better team than people think, although they beat up on a pretty poor appointment in Week one. I think the Colorado obviously had the tougher opportent with North Coast State. And then you've got the Broncos flying up to Seattle to take on the Seahawks on Sunday. Both those games right here on KOA obviously, but it is it is a tough task. I mean, a rookie quarterback on the road in Seattle, one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL. Seattle's defense, the style of defense they play, it's it's pretty complex. That may play in the broncos favor And I want to ask Nick Ferguson about this, and we dial them up in the next segment. Is catching a defense in their first game? Because Nick loves to talk about communication and how that's vital, noting where everybody is.
Speaker 3: But you ever really play together.
Speaker 4: You know, you've been playing a different style of defense for a decade under Pete Carroll. Now Michael McDonald comes in, you're switching things up. You're not running that cover three base anymore. Now you're you're mostly in cover two, Cover four. It's a lot closer to what Vic Fangio runs, except that there's a lot more disguise and they will bring dB blitzes on some of this stuff.
Speaker 3: So it's it's sort of it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be real fascinating to see who has the edge there.
Speaker 3: You've got a Rooie quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 4: You've got a defense that's still learning the concepts of a complex defense and pivoting away from what they had before. They've also got to do offensive coordinator Ryan Grubb. We'll see how Gino and the offense adapts to that. He of course was running the show up there at Washington for Michael Pennox in college last year.
Speaker 3: So there's that. Any other games you guys want to talk about as well.
Speaker 4: Good friend, coach Pagano, They're they're gonna be scaring off against Tampa Bay Bucks this weekend, So I already sent him a good luck message.
Speaker 6: He actually called me the other day and said he's gonna come on the show at some point during the season. So I just got to reach out to the Commander's pr and we'll get him on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got to make We got to make that happen.
Speaker 4: We've got several texts coming in and we'll get to we'll get to all that stuff here in a little bit five six, six ninees or whatever you want to ask. It's it's an open show tonight. We got a bunch of guests, but it is an open show tonight as well. Full show on Monday right here on KOA. And then of course we've got that programming note. We've got the presidential debate, the ABC News presidential debate on Tuesday that will be joined in progress here on KOA immediately following the Rockies baseball game. Myself, Mayby Connell Ross Kaminsky will be doing the the webcast whatever we calla cast KA cast.
Speaker 3: Sure, and you guys will be doing it straight from the beginning. Well, yeah, we'll be doing that from the beginning.
Speaker 4: So if you you know, you could have that on and see the Rockies on the you know, or watching.
Speaker 3: He listened to the Rockies baseball whatever, however you want to do it, you can do both. Are you bringing the whiskey in again? Do you want me to?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: My mother in law was in town a couple of weeks ago, huh, And she's a big bourbon whiskey fan.
Speaker 3: She saw the bottle and thought you were a cut of story. Oh my gosh, this is so good over on the ocean. This is amazing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I brought it a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean, so you guys could say that was a that's a good it was a good voyage too.
Speaker 3: That would have a little assault on the back end of the that's what it was called.
Speaker 4: I could not remember the the Jefferson's Ocean stuff.
Speaker 3: It's I mean, it's a gimmick, but that's aw it does. It makes it hit different.
Speaker 4: So I brought that in for Ross to try, because you know, he's a big bourbon guy and you know the gimmick and all that.
Speaker 3: I think I've got. Let's see, I gotta I kind of bottle the balvet. He's sitting up there, double cask fifteen year.
Speaker 4: I think I could bring. I'm trying to think it was open there at the house right now that I could bring. I gotta tell you, I got a promotional bottle of whiskey from this company down there in Austin called Still Austin.
Speaker 3: It's this musician group got together.
Speaker 4: They make their own whiskey or whatever, and so maybe I'll bring that and we could try that up.
Speaker 6: Hey, anything to get me through a presidential debate, I'll try it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I might. I might need to bring two you mention it. So five six six nine zeros in text line.
Speaker 4: Nick Ferguson coming up next right here on KOA. We got Ryan Michael top of the hour and Curtis Crametree bottom of the eight o'clock hour to preview the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 3: We gotta hit a break right here on KAA. We'll be back. Welcome in to it.
Speaker 2: Broncos Country Tonight, Benjamin Albright, Gret smith Man, The Myth, The Mustache Sunday, The Orange Blue Brunch, got of scooters over there in Aurora.
Speaker 3: Myself, Nick Ferguson will be there. It's presented by Don Julio Tequilo.
Speaker 4: Is it Julio or Julio Soft Jay soft ja Okay, just making sure Don Julio Tequila, you guys wanna come down there eleven to one.
Speaker 3: Myself, Nick Ferguson be down there, will We'll have some fun.
Speaker 4: Get you guys qualified to win a pair of tickets to the I believe it's November tenth, Kansas City Chiefs game.
Speaker 3: You guys want tickets to that, so come on down and check it out.
Speaker 4: We're going right out to the KA Common Sparreled Hotline and bring on a long time listener, first time caller, Nick in Denver.
Speaker 2: Nick, how you doing, buddy, I'm not your average black guy.
Speaker 1: It's a j It's a soft jay, like your jumper.
Speaker 4: Hey, look, Shooter's touch. Just leave it right up there on the rim, right. It's good to your voice, brother, Yeah, it's good. Good to your voice.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: It's it's been a minute.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: We had a live showed a couple of weeks. It'd be good to have a full live show on Monday. But you and I gonna be out at Scooters in Aurora on Sunday eleven to one doing the Orange Blue Brunch.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Get people qualified for the the The City Chiefs game as well. I want to jump right into it because there's two games this weekend and I'm losing faith. But I'm losing faith, I'm blanke can albright his back. I picked the Seahawks and the corn Huskers. I'm a terrible human being. Talk me down off this ledge, I can't.
Speaker 1: I would love to talk to you down, but I really can't. So to start with the CEEU game, and it's always tough playing on a roll, but especially known as though Matt Rul still harbor some ill roll fillings from last year when I know he made some comments before going up the boulder, you are able to pull out the game. But it looks different now because the Nebraska quarterback. You tell me if I'm losing my mind, but they have a number fifteen that looks eerily similar to the fifteen thiss in Kansas City, from the haircut to the number, to the mannerism, all of those things that u bus defense will have to find a way to deal with. And last week against North Dakota State they had their hands full, so it's gonna be interesting to see what they're able to do. But moving to that Seattle game, to me, I am not giving the Broncos that particular game. I'm gonna say that it's gonna be competitive, and it's gonna be a close game to the bitter end. And the reason I'm saying that even though some may just say, well the cloud noise in Seattle, they may try to dismiss it because usually the way you handle it ben you try to attack it with hard account, quick count, styling count. I'm gonna tell you what's going to count. It's that noise. I was there as a player, and I was there even as a coach in San Francisco and we were behind the glass.
Speaker 8: And it was still loud. So asking a rookie quarterback to deal with.
Speaker 1: That, and then also asking your offensive line to deal with that, I'll give you some numbers because I I know you like numbers, and I would say, check the over and over and under on this particular numbers. What's the over under on false starts and holding? And I'm not saying.
Speaker 8: That because I think the Broncos offensive line is incapable of.
Speaker 1: Doing their job. But I know how crowd noise impacts you.
Speaker 8: And here's the other thing to.
Speaker 1: Double down on that, once you make your first mistake as an offensive lineman, it's in the back of your head. So Garrett bos and Mike mcgritchy and the Hall offensive line, they're gonna have to do a great job communicating in a loud environment.
Speaker 3: I talked about.
Speaker 4: Keys to the game in this one and two things came down to defensive backs. I said, the Broncos ground and pound of being able to run the football is gonna be huge, gonna be critical for that rookie quarterback and in that loud environment. But there are two things that jump out at me from the d backs. One, Riley Moss, he's gonna get targeted early and often because he's a fresh face on that defense and everybody knows Certann and j Qua McMillan. And Two, anytime you've got a defense that's adjusting to a new de that's a quartered after doing something for a long time, you sometimes get communication issues in that secondary early in the season when Michael McDonald run the defense there and they're switching from that cover three to a lot more two deep and forty covered shells. Do you think that the Broncos could potentially get a gift in a defense that might not be fully up to where they need to be in terms of communication as they learned that new defense.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Man, Look if you watch the game last night between Baltimore and Kansas City, I mean there are some brown coverages on both sides of the ball, so we know game one there's going to be a lot of issues as far as communicating, and this is where both teams will be able to exploit it. But for me, I'm giving an advantage to Seattle because they're playing at home. They got their crowd to their favor, and this is where your defense beat Seattle. Your crowd could impact you from a communication standpoint because when you're at home, your crowd is.
Speaker 8: Going to be really loud when.
Speaker 1: The Broncos have the ball. So guys in our communicating on coverage in the back end where it's cover two, cover three with the middle hole safety for more important and man coverage, it can prove problematic. And what we saw from both Knicks in the preseason, knowing as though his mobility to get it, get himself outside the pocket, he can make all the throws. So this is where the Broncos will have to take advantage of it. But you still kneed your receivers to run Chris routes. But the biggest thing for me where I need to see a change from this year opposed to last year. When you are a wide receiver knowing is oh your quarterback it's mobile, and both Knicks like Ussel was last year, don't just run the date route at twelve yards and go, hey, flash five numbers. I'm here. No, your quarterback is.
Speaker 3: Going to move now.
Speaker 1: You either got to come short or you got to go vertical to give your quarterback somewhat of an option. But it's going to be a hell of a game. And you talked about something, I want to make sure I bring it up when you talk about the secondary. When you look at the Broncos secondary within.
Speaker 8: Itself, you're have to say, okay, well those cases.
Speaker 1: You have PJ. Locket is back there for the first time, and Brandon Jones we haven't seen him all preseason, so we don't know what we're gonna get. So Sunday is gonna be that first action of them communicating. It is one thing to do it in practice, but it's another thing to do it in the game.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's one of the big things that you always harp on, is that communication, your nonverbals, having all that down.
Speaker 3: And I just I was looking at.
Speaker 4: This and I'm like, you know, one area of the Broncos might catch Seattle slipping is in that area. Because you're talking about the defense is played primarily Cover three for that's been their identity for the better part of the decade when Pete Carroll's there.
Speaker 3: Now you've got Michael McDonald there.
Speaker 4: He runs something a lot closer to what Vic Fangio runs, except that they tend to disguise it a lot more and they tend to they will blitz defensive backs where Vic generally doesn't do that. But it's you know, I think for a rookie quarterback, maybe you might get a busted coverage or two, and he's going to have to take advantage of those opportunities when they present himself.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you definitely want to take advantage of it. But here's when you look at you know, threeque Morland and Devin Widerspool, Like when you look at Seattle's corners, man they always had even though Pete Carroll is no over there. They want long rangy corners and jack Granted they play a mixture of man match coverage and the lower cover three coup before. But the thing is going to help those guys out in the back end is you look at what they what Seattle has up front.
Speaker 8: Jaron Reeve, Lynda Williams who comes home from playing with the Giants in.
Speaker 1: The Jets, and Demond Jones. I know most Fancier, But Denver Broncos may not like Draymond. But here's what I do know. When you play against your former team, I mean there may be seventeen games that may be the best game that you play. So I know both he and No. A fan are looking their chops. But there are some will be some opportunities for the Broncos to take advantage of it. But once those home run plays are there, you have to strike. You have to strike early. This is a team and the Broncos they have to get off to the fast.
Speaker 8: Start and the biggest part of getting off to.
Speaker 1: The fast art is getting that run game on track.
Speaker 4: Well that's one of the things that I've said was the biggest key to getting this thing going. It is going to be getting Javonte Williams going getting some explosive play out of Joel's McLoughlin, and then Odrick Estimate, you know, the rookie who's going to vulture up some of the short yardage stuff, making sure that he is getting pushed, that offensive line is getting pushed and he's getting pushed and getting those situations because this is a schedule offense.
Speaker 3: But it's going to be really a schedule.
Speaker 4: Offense this year as bo nicks as a rookies get rid of it, quick guy and all that kind of stuff. You have an offense that's set up for him to succeed within the confines of it. That said, if you do get in a hole, and we've seen a ton of penalties through the first two games of the season so far, if you get in a hole, this is not really the quarterback at this juncture in his career to pull you out of those first and fifteen, second and fifteen that kind of stuff, those kind of holes.
Speaker 1: No, this is where you know McDonagh for Seattle can kind of play around with his defensive scheme. I mean, Boe is a very experienced quarterback from the collegiate standpoint, and although he has a lot of skills that could make him, you know, the quarterback for the Broncos moving forward, he is still a bona fide rookie. So playing with your coverage, showing him one thing pre snap and forcing him to make an adjustment and the receivers to make adjustment on the fly, with the crowd noise, this is where you want to add difficulties for him. But once again, going back to the run game. That is going to be really key because when you establish the run game early, it takes the pressure off both of your tackles because now you establish that they can fire it off and hit people in the mouth and they don't have to be being in position where they're dirty the law and now they're playing catching as far as the edge rush from Seattle. But this is what the Broncos have to be able to get those five yard types of plays. And know, by the way, for the past couple of years, we really haven't seen the Broncos those tight ends be real effective.
Speaker 8: This is one of.
Speaker 1: Those games where down the middle between the hasses, if the Broncos can actually get a couple of passes here and there, whether it's Lucas Crow or it is Greg Dolfish, it is going to back off that defense and create some favorable running lanes for Javonte.
Speaker 4: It's segue perfectly into what I wanted to ask you next talk with Nick Ferguson.
Speaker 3: You guys can check us out.
Speaker 4: Sunday morning from eleven am to one pm at the Brons and Blue Brunch over there at Scooters in Aurora, and then of course full our show on Monday here Broncos Country tonight. It segues perfectly to what I wanted to talk about because it's the tight end position. Sean Payton is a guy who has had four All Pro tight end seasons in his coaching career with three different tight ends.
Speaker 3: Is Greg Dulsich the hidden X factor in this game?
Speaker 1: I would definitely say, because once again, we really haven't really seen one of those massive reception games from Greg doses if you watched him in training camp. So to me, he looks like he's back and form, but you got to keep him healthy. But even for him, for a guy who has sustained a lot of injuries, getting get him into somewhat of a rhythm and usually you see that same things with receivers and running back. But that's definitely a guy you.
Speaker 8: Want to make sure that his confidence level.
Speaker 1: Is at an all time high because once again, if you're attacking down the middle of the field, it gives the defensive guys both the underneath linebackers on the second level in the safety is something to contend with. Now you can really work those underneath routes and you can work those fifty to fifty balls with a guy like Cortland Sutton. But establishing you are tight end, there's something if you look back at Jimmy Graham, you look at Jerry Cook, all guys who have played for Coach Payton and that offense down in New Wallance, they've always had a guy that can stressed stress the field from a vertical standpoint, but also run those cell routes that Now, when the quarterback throws ball, now either my guy's gonna catch it or no one's gonna catch it. If they can find a way to implement and insert great doltage in the lineup, that's gonna be another two of them, the two box.
Speaker 4: Defensively, I've called the key to the game Riley Moss. Circling back around to that he's gonna get peppered with targets. I mean, you're talking about a guy who isn't a known commodity. You've got known commodities out there in guys like Patzertan who got the bag this week. You've got Jaquan McMillian the in the slot. You have known commodities there. Riley Moss is not the known commodity. You're probably going to see Seattle get Smith and Jigba up there on on Riley Moss and see if they can take advantage of that.
Speaker 3: Who's got the advantage in that matchup?
Speaker 1: Well, I have to go with Seattle because of everything you just said. And that's not to say that I believe Riley Moss is incapable.
Speaker 8: Of holding his own.
Speaker 1: But once again, this is first time being a full time starter, not at IOWA but in the league. And we know DJ Maycalf is a it's a massive guy. You figured that maybe PS two is going to shadow him. But here's what Yeah is going to do. They're going to try to change things up. They're going to get their receivers off the line so they can't be pressed. They're going to get those guys on the move and try to create favorable matchups so Gino Smith can actually actually take advantage of it. But once again, it's not just winning at the line of scrimmage. You had to win down the field. And I played with the guy by the name of Champ Bailey, and the one thing he would always say, if you want to win down the seld, you win at the line of scrimmags. Sir Roley can win a lot of those battles no matter who he's matched up on at the line of scrimmage. It's going to make it easier for him and the Denver Broncos pass rush as well.
Speaker 4: All Right, Nick, the Broncos win if once they lose.
Speaker 3: If what.
Speaker 1: Well, if they cannot establish the run and there is a penalties that we saw last night with the Baltimore rapid game, then they lose. Now they win if they can establish the run, keep the offense on schedule, establish to pass the game early and build some confidence. And Greg Dofish and boat Nicks there's a possibility they come out. Oh I believe they called Seattle.
Speaker 8: M Rue City with the win.
Speaker 4: Well, looking forward to the game, you can catch that game right here on KOA at H I believe kickoffs two l five on Sunday right here on KOA. Grant has a question for you. I don't know if you remember him or not. He's the fellow with the glorious mustache. He's got a question for.
Speaker 1: You, sir.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Nick, speaking of facial hair, fans want to know, have you been growing out your beer during this hiatus or what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have, but by the time I see Ben on Sunday, it would be not non existent by then.
Speaker 3: No, you're getting rid of it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I mean I rolled in there one time shaving it off, so I got to keep the energy going. Man.
Speaker 4: All right, Aaron, all right, we're going to see if I'll tell you what though, the Broncos start losing a bunch of games, you're growing that thing back out, thinks in this team?
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, who made that wager?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Was just sounding like Ryan Edwards.
Speaker 3: You know what? It might have been him. It might have been Dan Eddie Vedder. I think you just need to join the mustache gang. Ben Oh no, no, no, don't know.
Speaker 4: We're all doing no Shape November with the mustaches. It'll be the worst looking trio on radio.
Speaker 1: The African American man walking around with jessicetash. No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Danny Dandy Glopper.
Speaker 4: Danny Glover pulled it off with lethal weapon.
Speaker 1: That's Danny pupper Man.
Speaker 4: Which one of the which one of the Williams had it was it keenan Ivory had the stash?
Speaker 3: Didn't keenan Ivory.
Speaker 1: Had the stash? No, I'm not doing this. I know what you're pushing. You're pushing for the leath weapons. I'm not gonna be your Danny Glover.
Speaker 4: Oh, I was trying to be Danny Glover. I was gonna let you be Bill Gibson with the mullet. We'll see how that works out. Now I get to wear the wig. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Plus I'm crazy like Bill Gibson.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 4: According to a certain segment of the population, Nick, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: I look forward to seeing you outside.
Speaker 8: They brother, all right, man, it's good to talk to.
Speaker 1: You guys again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, take care.
Speaker 4: Dick Ferguson gonna se him Sunday morning down there at Scooters in Aurora from eleven to one.
Speaker 3: You guys, come on out.
Speaker 4: We're gonna we're gonna have some fun, uh down there, giving away or getting people qualified rather for the tickets to the Kansas City Kansas City Game. I think November tenth. There'll be a lot of fun before to seeing you guys out there. And then of course Monday back with the full live show, which we have not had in quite some time, agonizingly long as it were.
Speaker 3: It's been like over two weeks, right, it feels like it. Yeah, I've had to.
Speaker 6: Be working all kinds of these different shows, I am sick of missing my BCT.
Speaker 4: I didn't even recognize I walked past in the hallway and I was like, oh, that's.
Speaker 3: Great, you've aged. I'm kidding. Political shows.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of political shows, we got the ABC News presidential debate on Tuesday right here on KOA. Following we'll join an in progress following the Colorado Rockies, myself Mandy Connor, Ross Kaminski on the KOWA webcast, the KAWA cast.
Speaker 3: As it were.
Speaker 4: So you guys will want to stay attention to the stay paid attention to the Facebook page for.
Speaker 3: That as well.
Speaker 4: We got a big show coming up. Still, we got Ryan Michael coming up in the next segment. He's messaging me. He's hype, he's hype, He's got a bunch of data he wants to talk about.
Speaker 3: He is champion at the bit, ready to go.
Speaker 4: Uh So he's been messaging me, throwing me off my game while I'm sitting here trying to do this. And then we've got Curtis Krabtree from Fox up there in Seattle. Get a chance to talk to him a little bit about the Seahawks where they're at with with their new head coach, and you guys I'm so mad at you because you used up all my Michael McDonald pun's on the Kawai Sports Show in the afternoon day and nobody and not one if you mentioned that he was the backing vocals that I'd like to win with Christopher Cross Rocos Country Tonight, Kawa