Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family.
Speaker 1: Let's not play one on Tom. Let's lend it.
Speaker 3: I love writing me these guys after the show. So just thank you, give me are.
Speaker 4: Your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 5: This is world champion, Dodger world championing for a.
Speaker 4: Small soft time they get a people what they want to die to in a row two is special.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache, as one of them.
Speaker 4: Con this ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 5: Sure, Hell time go to the soud grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven. I'll go to the show and now your host of Dodger Talk, David Vasse.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Dodger Talk. David vass with you until seven thirty tonight here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. We have phone lines open at eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. The Dodgers beat the Guardians nine to in Cleveland. The Dodgers would love to come back home after a three game sweep at the hands of the Guardians. That would make everybody forget what took place at City Field as they lost two out of three in Flushing, New York out there, but certainly the Dodgers taking care of business offensively against one of the better pitching teams in Major League Baseball, certainly in the American League, in the Cleveland Guardians. And when you have sho Hao Tani doing show Heotani things, leading games off with a home run, coming up with another home run tonight in the fourth inning, homering in three straight games, you're gonna have a pretty good chance of winning. And how about Michael Confordo. Michael Confordo, who has been the topic of unkindly phone calls on this show for quite some time, emerged tonight there was a Michael Conforto signing in Cleveland. And like I said, I have been so tired of the narrative of excuses for Michael Conforto from so many different people. Well, he's hitting the ball hard. Have you seen the exit velocity? We don't care at this point in time. We want results. Baseball is a results based business now. Andrew Friedman, Dave Roberts, the hitting coaches, they're about the process, and usually their process wins out over the course of a long season, and they stuck with the process for with Michael Confordo, put him in there every day. It kind of reminded me of the movie Top Gun, you know, after Goose dies. They got to keep sending Maverick up there so he gets mentally straight. Keeps sending him up there, keeps sending him up there. Tom Scarrick's character saying, send him back up there. Well, the Dodgers kept sending Michael Confordo back up there, and he delivered tonight on base three times with a home run, and it was good to see. Also, Max Muncy. You may say, oh, a three run home run in the ninth inning, that doesn't mean anything. It means a lot. It means a lot for Max Munsey to get his confidence up. The Dodgers needed that breathing room. So a big night for two guys that have been struggling the first few months of the season in Michael Conforto and Max Munsey. Let's head back to Cleveland right now to hear from manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's just really, I'm sure it was a way off his shoulders to be able to contribute offensively. I thought the abats that he took today using the big part of the field. I thought the swing looked much better at the bat state, in the hitting zone much longer, and to get a base hit Tasso hit the homer. I really like what I saw, and it's good to see that the work is paying off.
Speaker 7: Michael and Max can kind of contribute like they did tonight at the bottom of the lineup.
Speaker 6: It does. It's big, certainly not having Will in the lineup tonight, but for to do what he does, I think he's he's been trending in the right direction and then obviously hitting homework tonight and then yeah, I mean Tommy against right hand and fishing should be very good. And I think that we're seeing a lot of signs of life and it just adds that link that we've been that we expected, you know, coming to the season.
Speaker 4: So I'm fair.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that you just hit the ball the other way and still get a home un it looked like it.
Speaker 6: Was hitting to you, you know what. It wasn't flushed, but it was spun the right way and it's just one of those balls that when he hit it, it just kept going like a helium ball, and it is true that he has a lot more margin for air than everyone else on the planet.
Speaker 4: I think maybe him and Judge, Yeah, him and Aaron Judge show, hey, Otani, They've got a lot of margin for air for how strong they are and just the way they swing the bat. Certainly a big night for Otani, a big season for Otani. It's hard to imagine that he is on pace for more home runs this year than his fifty to fifty MVP season where he hit fifty four last year. Otani the first player in baseball this season with twenty home runs. He's on pace for fifty seven this season. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. I want you to finish this sentence, since you've had a lot to say about Michael CONFORDO, finish this sentence. Michael CONFORDO is eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy for me, I'll finish it this way. Michael CONFORDO is better than what we've seen so far. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go back to Cleveland to hear from Max Muntsey. As we get these calls on the board.
Speaker 8: I'm getting to the top of baseball, which is the important thing. And you know, I've been driving it just like I said, haven't been driving it in the air, and so you know, you know you have then in New York one away just on the ground. You know, several balls hit hard just on the ground or low line drives, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but yeah, just one of those things where you have to kind of weather it thereat.
Speaker 7: So when you first got on base, stealing second and then getting home on Andy's little flair.
Speaker 8: Yeah, soul base was just you know, felt like I had something on them, took a chance, almost didn't work out, but you know, thankfully did and then the read on Andy's ball just I felt like it was gonna go to a second business head and so they got really good outfield. There's really good arms, and so I was trying to give myself the best chance possible to score with there.
Speaker 1: You mentioned I'm getting a ball in the year.
Speaker 5: You did have a couple of deep flyouts earlier in the games. Did you feel like it was kind of starting to get there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Like I said, it was kind of a frustrating night up to that point. Because I felt like I had several pitches that I should have you know, driven and just missed them. Still hit them hard, but just missed them getting underneath it. And so you know, to get that one and at the end it felt really good.
Speaker 5: These last two games. Just does it feel like complete baseball games from the group and is it like kind of getting back to your guys? Is true identity on the field?
Speaker 8: Yeah, maybe a little bit. It's definitely been better. Offensive side has been great, Pitching has been great. You know, we had two guys get deep into the game for us, and that's always huge. And the bookmen came in into their job, you know, not putting too much stress on those guys, and that's the key for us on offense is to you know, kind of give them a little bit of lead to work with, and we were able to accomplish that.
Speaker 4: All right, there's Max Munsey. Thanks to sports net LA for bringing us the Dodger third baseman after a three run home run in the ninth inning of tonight's game. As the Dodgers beat the Guardians nine to five, they improved their record to thirty four and twenty one. It's the second best record in the National League. The Phillies have the best record thirty five and nineteen. The Dodgers got some help from their old buddy Jack Flaherty, who pitched six scoreless innings tonight for the tie against the Giants. The Giants lost tonight at the hands of Flaherty and the Tigers, so San Francisco now falls to third place. They're three games back of the Dodgers in the NL West. The Padres, who have lost seven of their last ten, are thirty and twenty two, two and a half games behind the Dodgers. All right, we're filling in finishing this sentence since so many of you have so many strong opinions about an established major league player in Michael Conforto, finish this sentence for me. Michael Confordo is eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Let's go out to Whittier, ed Can you finish that sentence for me? And nothing is out of bounds except curse words.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm not gonna curse. I appreciate you taking my call, Dave. Michael Conforto is back.
Speaker 4: Question mark, okay, okay, are you're not sold yet? Despite what you saw and what you have seen in the last week or so, even in New York. You know, he was driving the ball. Rick Monday said, he hit the ball with authority. You're not sold yet, though.
Speaker 9: It's very exciting to see him do some get some great at bats with this pitching that they've been facing. Really hope he can keep it going moving forward. I know we have a tough schedule going ahead. They're gonna need him, so you know, hopefully he can stay clutch like you is right now.
Speaker 4: All right, ed, thank you for the phone call. Appreciate it. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Look when the Dodgers signed Michael Conforto, I looked at his splits home and road because that ballpark in San Francisco is tough, especially for left handed hitters, and away from that ballpark his slugging percentage was five point fifty three. So I don't believe he's this bad. And the Dodgers don't need him to be Michael Conforto from twenty fifteen. They just need him to be a semblance of what we saw today. Let's go out to Kenny in Anaheim. You're on Dodgery Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 10: Kenny, Hey, David, thanks for taking my call. I wanted to say Michael Conforto is resilient. It takes a lot of pressure, you know, to play in LA. There's been a lot of hard criticism from the fans, and to be sent out there continuously by Dave Roberts takes a lot of resiliency to stay in there and stay composed.
Speaker 4: I'm with you. Baseball will beat you down mentally, Kenny, no doubt about it. And hopefully this is the moment in time where we look back and say that was the game Michael Conforto changed his season.
Speaker 3: Agreed?
Speaker 4: All right, Kenny, thank you for the phone call. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number I wanted to share with you because I know a lot of you are high school baseball fans and it's a big deal here in southern California. And since Dino Ebel, the Dodgers' third base coach, has two kids, two of his sons are on the Corona team, Brady and Trey Ebel. Brady is going to be drafted, no doubt about it, in the first round of this year's amateur draft. He's committed to LSU and Trey is a year younger than Brady, so he's got some time. But that team that Corona put together with the Ebel Bros And some of those other pitchers, they have some of the best pitching staff that you will ever see in Southern Section baseball. Well, they play the game for a reason. And Saint John Bosco, the alma mater of our very own No mar Garciapara, shut out Corona two to nothing in the Division one semi finals the All Trinity League. Saint John Bosco moves on to the to the Division one finals after beating Corona two to nothing. So that is a huge upset in high school baseball here and now Brady and Trey will have to wait to see if their coach wants to decide to try to go for state or whatever. But yeah, their team lost today, Corona losing to Saint John Bosco, and Nomar is very happy about that. Dino in Cleveland Number one, very depressing to be in Cleveland. Number two, very depressing when your son's baseball team loses to Saint John Bosco. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Redondo Beach, Steve, Steve, have you ever even thought about going to Cleveland before?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Never me either. If I use a traveling with the Dodgers, I never would have gone to Cleveland in my life.
Speaker 11: Yeah. I'm from Rodondovich, I'm from the South Ay. They call it the bubble. It's one of the place is where you really don't want to go anywhere else. You know, if I go to Orange County, the valley, that's that's what. That's a lot for me.
Speaker 4: I agree, I agree. You guys are living in a bubble. You should get out once in a while.
Speaker 11: Well, Michael Conforto is not going to bounce back like Mike Mike Maximunty is okay?
Speaker 4: Now, uh okay, So you're saying you're not buying what you saw today continuing.
Speaker 11: Right, Well, I had said pretty much the exact words to a friend that you sat on the air earlier. I don't care about the eggs of z Low. I don't care about the approach. I care about the results. I know those things matter when you're working out of a slump. Right. Yeah, it comes a point in time when oh for twenty nine with runners in scoring position is it's it's it's a problem. And when you have certain slots in the offensive lineup that are down in the Los Angeles Dodgers lineup, they stick out like a sore sum, right, And so it is a very high caliber lineup that it's hard to play sub two hundred batting average offensively played.
Speaker 4: All right, let me play Devil's advocate on you, Steve. All that being said, you're right, Confordo has had a miserable start to the year. He has not delivered with runners in scoring position. But with all that being said, the Dodgers have the second best record in the National League at thirty four and twenty one in the toughest division in Major League Baseball. With everything that you said being true, so I feel like they have a little bit more wiggle room than other teams. Like if they were the Diamondbacks or even the Braves who started out slow, there might be more urgency to make a change. But the Dodgers have a great lineup and are still gonna stick with him. Money plays too, Steve. Let's not ignore the fact that he's making seventeen eighteen million dollars this year. And I know the Dodgers just released Chris Taylor, who was making fourteen fifteen in his final year of his sixty million dollar deal. But I mean, you don't just do that all the time.
Speaker 11: Oh true, true the Dodgers payroll. But so I want you because people come on the show and they talk about the Chris Taylors, they talk about the Confortos. But I want you to tell me what really is the alternative? Like you're saying, right, you know, put hess On Kim in the outfield. I didn't like him defensively out there. You know, I think Michael Conforto is a big league player.
Speaker 4: No, I mean the alternative would be to play Andy pa has more in left or right in the corner spots and have Key Kay or Tommy Edman play more center field if it got to that point. And by the way, Tommy Edman and is not swinging the bat that great. He hit into two double plays today in the second and eighth innings. He's in a big time slump right now. So I would say, Steve, the way you're talking right now is like Michael Confordo went zero for five with four strikeouts today, he was on base three times with a big home run. So let's see where it goes from here and get out of the bubble once in a while, Steve, make your way to Sherman Oaks once in a while.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, Dave later, all right.
Speaker 4: Steve, thanks for the phone call. Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Guardians nine to five tonight. They hit three home runs. Otani hit his twentieth months he went deep in the ninth inc and Michael Confordo hit his first home run since April fifth. Let's go out to Corona, Ronnie. Were you at the baseball game? Did you watch Saint John Bosco upset Corona High School?
Speaker 3: I did not, DVI. I actually the game with at Saint John Bosco. Get a chance to go down there and okay, my bad high person. My son's team played against him, and they're actually really good.
Speaker 4: Oh so you got to see Brady and Trey up close and personal.
Speaker 3: We saw Brady and Trey and Seth and Billy all them up close and they're very good, very talented team. They should be proud of the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I wrote a story about is it Seth Hernandez, who's one of the best high school pitchers. Uh in high school baseball this year? Did I have his right his last name correct?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: It is Seth Hernandez. And actually I had my youngest son take a picture with him after the game. It was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well he'll be drafted. He'll be going to major league baseball as well. All right, Ronnie, I'm going to brace myself here, finish this sentence for us. Michael Confordo is.
Speaker 3: A free agent signing that I was really happy about. But now he's got to go.
Speaker 4: Already, after a home run and being on base three times, are you ready to cut him today?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not saying cut him, but I think he deserves to.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 11: Well, if he has to go, he's got to be cut.
Speaker 3: Well, I would like to see Dalton rushing actually on left field. What do you think about that?
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a good idea. I think the Dodgers saw what they needed to see in the minor leagues and decided catcher is his spot. So no, I wouldn't want to see that. And look, I'm a I'm a Michael Confordo fan. I like his swing, I like his temperament. I like that he cares and let's just see where it goes from here. I don't believe it's time to pull the plug or start sitting him down three days out of the out of the week, but certainly the Dodgers have options if this continues at the end of June, Ronnie, So, can we just agree to give him a little bit more grace going into the month of June?
Speaker 3: Dvie, Can I say something? If he was getting paid league minimum with the same stats, would you give him to chance.
Speaker 4: I would still give him a chance, because I feel like he's a good hitter, but obviously the leash would be a lot shorter. And look, that's just professional sports, right, I mean money plays. I hate to keep saying that, but money plays.
Speaker 3: I agree, But I also looking at it. We're almost a quarter or a third of the way done with the season, and he.
Speaker 4: Just hit a home run, he was on base three times. He had a good series in New York.
Speaker 3: True, but take away these last couple of games and fifty average.
Speaker 4: I'm not looking back. I just saw an interview with Mark McGuire when he was playing, and he told the reporter, don't tell me what happened yesterday. We're only looking forward. So I think we all know that it hasn't been good for Michael Confordo through Memorial Day. But all of a sudden, the day after Memorial Day, Ronnie, you might be calling back and saying, you know what, David, you were right. You are the voice of re.
Speaker 3: Well. As a Dodger fan, I wish him the best of luck for the rest of the season, and I hope this is a turnaround for him.
Speaker 4: All right, Ronnie, thanks for a phone call. Great phone call. Look, I'm not going to deny and I'm basically the lone voice here where I am tired of hearing about exit vlo, hard outs, all that stuff. At some point, you got to get some hits. And I don't hear anybody saying that Michael Conforto has hit into bad luck. He hasn't hit into bad luck. He's just hit into outs. I don't care how hard you hit it. But today was hopefully the day that things change for him, because, like we talked about, he's aware, he's aware he hasn't been hitting. He's aware he hasn't hit a home run before today since April fifth. He's aware that he hasn't had an extra base hit since May fifteenth. Trust me, he's aware. I feel like a day like today can just relax him a little bit more press not try to chase it. You can't chase twenty doubles in one at bat, and hopefully this home run and this game today can relax him against a very good team. And he hit his home run off a really good relief pitcher, one of the best in Major League Baseball in Hunter Gaddis. So you got to you got to acknowledge that part of this equation. Let's take one more phone call before we check in with Jose Mota Eddie in Redlands. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi, Eddie.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 4: David's going It's going great. Hope you had a great Memorial Day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, likewise, likewise went by quick, but still pretty.
Speaker 4: What are you going to finish this sentence for us? Michael CONFORDO is.
Speaker 3: He's going to bounce back?
Speaker 4: Is going to bounce back? All right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I thought after watching him today smiling and have that confidence, I think that was kind of like the booty needed. I'm pretty honest. I was one of the brutal ones that kind of bashed them online. But that's kind of like Rudoo. For me, it seems like every time I hate on a player, they bounce the bag and they do better. So I'm gonna stick with my little routine because it seems to be working.
Speaker 4: Hey, I will say this, Michael Confordo played in New York when he first came up, and I don't believe it's a bad thing for fans to hold the players accountable. In fact, I think it helps them. If they get a free pass and nobody's booing them or acknowledging they're not playing well, then they feel like, all right, well, I guess it's no big deal. But if you're able to hold these guys accountable in a tasteful, classy way, I think it does make a difference. Eddie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 3: It does definitely.
Speaker 7: But he's got to give back to the fans too, and not by playing something simple as like changing his profile pictures on the social media. He still has a mets on his Twitter and he still has a giant and it ends the ground.
Speaker 4: Well, he's not on social media a lot.
Speaker 3: I hold that against him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but one fan see that they still kind of don't feel like he's, you know, par of the team. I know it sounds stupid, but all right, something that can definitely change the chemistry.
Speaker 4: I'll tell Sujo. I'll tell Sujo with the Dodgers social media team to put that in Michael's ear. Maybe change out your avatar. All right, thanks for the phone call. Eddie Wower keeping score on what picture you have on your avatar for Instagram when the guy is not like Blake Snell. He's not on Instagram twenty four to seven. But if you want to follow me on Instagram at officially Vassay eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number I know, cheap plug. We're gonna take a time out. Jose Moto will join us and we'll try to fit in more phone calls. After the Dodgers beat the Guardians nine to five on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: On air at AM five seventy online at AM five seventy LA Sports dot Com, available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger Tom with David Basse.
Speaker 12: Gonnis. This's his glove up in front of his bearded face. Now the pitch swung out of this one's well hit the center field headed back toward the bullpens.
Speaker 4: It is going to home run.
Speaker 12: Michael Confortola solo homer and the Dodgers now with a five to three league for Confordo, his third home run of the year.
Speaker 4: And his first since April fifth. Michael Conforto on base three times today, including that home run in the sixth inning, to help the Dodgers beat the Guardians nine to five in Cleveland. Daniel's Jewelers they present the home run forecast. Go to AM five to seventy LA sports dot Com use the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the very next game. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number, Darryl Sebastian. We will get to your calls in a moment, but.
Speaker 5: First, it's tough to go around the horn with Josean Motor.
Speaker 4: All right, jose Motor refreshing to say, Michael Confordo got results today instead of trying to just come up with some little league encouragement that he hit the ball hard.
Speaker 2: Hey, I thought you're gonna put me on the spot. So I was gonna say, Michael COLFORDO is mm hm on his way to hitting twenty home runs and driving their over sixty runs.
Speaker 4: Hey, there we go, Hose, I like that.
Speaker 2: Come on right, I mean, come on, you gotta believe this guy.
Speaker 6: Listen to this.
Speaker 2: I mean it's crazy what what he had not done this year. He's one of the worst fastball hitters in baseball coming today one sixty two. Smug you a two fifty seven against fastballs, one home run up until today today. I guess, as you mentioned, one of the best relievers in all baseball in Hunter dadis he had ninety five death center in sell the ball ex velocity one six and then yes, I am one that can talk about ex velocities and barrels and all that stuff. But I've told you here too. If you see this, this more athletic and just sometimes gets on top of the plate and says, jam me, I don't care go out there, get in my kitchen. He's gonna dub telling your pictures a little bit more. Finding some players or barrel doesn't matter, EV's doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: But just getting.
Speaker 13: Basists and sometimes even in batting practice. I remember, like rock Crew, just tell me this. Sometimes in batting practice, go out there, don't look at your swing. Swing to get base hits. And let me tell you, mentality changes is not that easy to do. It doesn't transfer into the game that easily. But you got to have the mentality of I'm going to hit the ball because I want to get basis and hopefully he right into that mold too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of mentality, what does this do for a Michael Conforto mentally? How much will it help him relax? Moving forward?
Speaker 11: Oh big kill?
Speaker 2: Go home, you know, back to the hotel tonight and go well, I don't want to talk about that pad in the bag, that the ball. Well, I won some hits and he's getting some hits. And I think overall, because he does take a walk here and there, he can feel good about what happened today, what happened coming back from heard you and Rick talking about before the game in New York. But man, the hits or the hits you play to get, bass Man, it doesn't matter. Nobody's gonna give you a troph for your exit velocity and barrels at the end of the season. If you don't have results of hopefully this.
Speaker 4: Will be one.
Speaker 2: We'll just get him over the hump, give him confidence, but also let him know that you've got to still compete to play, and that it's okay sometimes just be a little bit later on the baseball because you will find some basis the other way, especially all.
Speaker 4: Right, Jose Mota. The Dodgers be Cleveland today nine to five. Dustin May had nine strikeouts in five innings. He did give up a three run home run. So from your eyes, your standpoint, how would you grade his outing today?
Speaker 2: I'll get him a B plus. There's some things that I know that he wants to do better and he can do better. To me is a fastball command. But the strikeouts his era, everybody loves it. I'll take the strike out. So the one thing that I know he could have done better is just being a little more economical on the pitching side to maybe go to the sixth inning and to the seventh inning. But also that comes with a price when you track out a lot of people, obviously you're gonna get more pitches. So I'll take this and I'll take the plus anytime. Because he competed, I was more impressed after the home run where he did not mope or put his head down.
Speaker 11: He got back to.
Speaker 2: Arias hit the ball for the right field, but then got through strike cuts. The next four to hind is because he executed a pitch. And again, I'll tell you one thing, David Bessey Dalton Rushing is a big factor behind the plate a Dustin May.
Speaker 4: Why is he such a big factor.
Speaker 2: He goes out there and is very energetic, very emphatic on his targets. He gives a very good target. He's able to read swings, he moves around late or hitters not on tips many one thing or the other. And he kind of knows how to when to call that backdoor sweeper that he gets a lot of people to look at the lefties and certainty he knows how to get him to establish the fastball, which is number one for Dustin May. We saw it once again on display with Rushing behind the plate.
Speaker 4: All right, Jose, we talked about this yesterday. It bears repeating. Jose Ramirez a couple of more hits today. He has the longest active hitting streak in baseball this year. It's up to twenty games. Now, is it fair to say it's Aaron Judge at Sho Heo Tani and Jose Ramirez is the third best hitter behind those two guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you go back five to six years, this guy's been on the top and every category from stealing basis to a extra basis to the doubles and the home runs of the RBI and scoring runs. He's been right there at the top. So he can be on my team anytime. And he's a top five player in baseball for many reasons, including the one that he plays. Hurt plays every day and is a tremendous leader with a lot of energy in the clubhouse, on the planes, on the buses, and especially on the field in the dugout.
Speaker 4: Jose, any time you sweep a team, especially on the road, the Guardians are a playoff contender, it's a big deal. But how much more big would it be for the Dodgers to get the sweep tomorrow, especially after the way things went in New York and after the way the last homestand went for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: It would be huge considering now that at least the bullpen is a little bit more settle because they are going five or six innings, but just the lifts. Knowing that you have this stretch of teams that are playing good baseball right in front of you. You clean some things up from the last series until now, and you think about tomorrow. Just tomorrow, take care of business. You have curse on the mound, cat to baseball behind them. You're going to have a very hungry team, but that does not do very well offensively and really has struggle offensively this series. But don't think it for granted. But it'll be a great feeling and bring it home because you know the stretch coming in the Yankees and Mets can continue to be challenging, but the Dodgers are in a good spot right now to go out there and get that sweep.
Speaker 4: All right, Hose, we'll talk to you after tomorrow's game. Hopeful no interruptions and the Dodgers can have a happy flight back home as they get set for the World Series rematch.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, hurtfully, No juvia, that's right.
Speaker 4: No juvia, that's right. No rain please, there he goes Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast after the Dodgers beat the Guardians nine to five. Hey, speaking of the Yankees and the World Series rematch. I'm watching the Yankees right now down the road in Anaheim, and then they had the convenience of the road trip to just come up the Five Freeway, change hotels, and stay on the West Coast, stay in the same county basic, well, not the same county, but stay within thirty miles to play the Angels and Dodgers. Don't have to get on a plane, don't have to come back to the West Coast separately to play the Dodgers after playing the Angels. Why doesn't Major League Baseball ever take care of the Dodgers that way? Last year the Dodgers had to make two separate trips to New York to play the Mets and Yankees. I remember last year of the year before the Giants even stayed in the city to play six or seven games against the Yankees and Mets. Why do the Yankees get this rig carpet treatment of being able to have this golden road trip where they're hanging out in Orange County playing the Angels and then just have to change hotels to Los Angeles and play the Dodgers this weekend again East Coast bias. How about take care of the Dodgers major League Baseball with the schedule once in a while and give them that type of luxury that does not happen. I don't even before I started traveling with the Dodgers fourteen years ago, the Dodgers never had this type of luxury where they get to play the Mets and Yankees consecutively and don't have to make two separate trips. But Major League Baseball wants to take care of the Golden Child, the runner up from last year's World Series, and give them this cushy road trip. I'm in LA. Let's go out to Pasadena. Daryl, you're on Dodger Talk. Sorry, Darryl had to get that off my chest.
Speaker 1: That's all. That's all right, that's all right, all right, Finish.
Speaker 4: The sentence for me. Finish the sentence. Michael CONFORDO is.
Speaker 1: Lucky, lucky to have a manager like Dave Roberts. Okay, Dave Roberts gave this guy a vote of confidence and told I don't girl, how bad you're playing, you're going to be there. And anybody, any other manager would would have think said it. But Dave gave him a little competence that that he did. You know that they gave him that that relaxed and go ahead there and play you game.
Speaker 4: All right, Darryl, you're saying that he should thank Dave Roberts every day when he walks into the clubhouse.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, maybe bring him some.
Speaker 4: New golf balls that Dave loses on the golf course. He should gift Dave Roberts since he is gifting him a spot in the lineup.
Speaker 1: Yes he did, but what he did he just earned himself another team games because you don't want to go with another.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, all right, Daryl, thanks for the phone call. How about this, Darryl uh and you dropped off. I'll make you a bet that Michael Confordo will not go too for his next forty We'll keep track of that. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number Sebastian and Irvine. Michael Confordo is finished the sentence based for now. Okay, Well, baseball is what have you done for me lately? Type of sports? So what what does he say from?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 14: I mean, I think this Dodgers team, this Dodgers staff is completely different than any other Dodgers' staff, especially coming off of that World Series win.
Speaker 3: I think the.
Speaker 14: Front office is sending a message. Maybe I'm just reading any things, but I think they're willing to send They're sending a message this year with Austin Barnes and Chris Taylor saying, hey, you know, if you're not producing, if you're not hitting, we're we're gonna cut our Wait, I'm sure there's a milk now, not a million. I'm sure there's plenty of left fielders that would love to play for the Dodgers and that can produce and have better hitting, better batting averages than Michael.
Speaker 4: Mporter is right, Well, don't you think the Dodgers signed Michael Conforto for a reason. It just wasn't a charity case. They obviously saw something, evaluated something for them to sign him to a one year, eighteen million dollar contract. Do you believe that all of a sudden, now they're they're second guessing themselves and believe that he stinks after they thought he was really good and after him having an established major league resume. I mean, come on, Sebastian, take a step back and listen to what you're saying.
Speaker 14: I mean, one hundred percent, obviously, you don't sign guys to not expect them to you know, not contribute.
Speaker 4: But look, do you think the Dodgers signed him to an eighteen million dollar contract for one year and said, you know what, we're gonna give him the first three months and after that we're gonna make a decision whether or not to keep him or to get rid of him. I just don't you've been you've watched the Dodgers. Andrew Friedman doesn't operate that way. I mean, he let Jack Peterson and Key Hernandez go through full seasons when they were barely hitting two hundred but had the slugging percentage, and he believed that they were going to deliver for him. So I know Michael Confordo doesn't have that local credibility with you and other Dodger fans, But take a look at what he's done in his career. He's a pretty good player. And they don't need him to be the cleanup hitter. They got five or six guys that can do that. They need him to be a piece to a lineup.
Speaker 3: Right he is.
Speaker 14: He is a great player, but.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 4: Touch no. No, I did not say great. He's a really good player.
Speaker 14: He's a good player, but you want to at least hit over the Mendoza line, which he hasn't each other.
Speaker 4: Are we willing to start fresh today? How about if we start fresh today the day after Memorial Day. You call back at the end of this next upcoming homestand Yankees Mets, and let's see where I'll do this again. I'll have you and others finish the sentence for Michael Conforda. How about that if he has a big series against the Yankees and Mets, you guys will in fact, you won't call because you won't call to complain about him.
Speaker 14: I'm always going to root for every single Dodger player to do well. But I'm just wondering how long of a leash they all make me.
Speaker 4: A promise I would say, I would say Confordo Confordo's leash is the end of June, Sebastian. If it looks like this, he's he's gonna lose playing time by the end of June. Trust me, But you make me a deal at the end of the next homestand call me back and let me know where Michael Confordo is.
Speaker 11: I will do that, all right.
Speaker 4: We have a deal. And Darryl and Pasadena we have a deal as well. That'll do it for us tonight on Dodger Talk. I loved it. Great phone calls tonight, great discussion. Loved it. Even though we disagree, that's perfectly fine. I love to hear that. I don't want to agree with you. I just want you to be accurate. And obviously the emotions are always high when it comes to the Dodgers. But today was a good day for Michael Conforto. It was a good day for the Dodgers, and if they can get the sweep tomorrow, it would be a really good road trip, considering the way things started in New York and then beating a playoff contender, the reigning Al Central champs, and the Guardians from a year ago, and they're still really good now. Tomorrow, Clayton Kershaw will take the mound. It's his third start of the year. Remember he was interrupted by an hour and thirty eight minute rain delay that first night at City Field, so he only pitched two innings, so he should be fresh, ready to go and determined to give the Dodgers six innings. Kershaw, by the way, twenty nine strikeouts away for three thousand in his regular season career. He's going up against Slade Chacone, who is one in one with an era at three twenty seven and two starts Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at nine am with first pitch from Progressive Field in Cleveland at ten after ten in the morning. By the way, I know, there's been talk about rain, whether or not the Dodgers and Guardians are going to play tomorrow, whether or not the Dodgers might have to stay over to play on the off day Thursday. So far, so good. We got good news. It is scheduled to go off on time. First pitch is on time as of now according to Major League Baseball, so that's a good thing, and hopefully the Dodgers can get out of there with a win, even after five innings. Thanks to Colinie back at our Burbank Studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald in Cleveland. Thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. Once again. The final score tonight from Progressive Field in Cleveland. The Dodgers defeat the Guardians nine to five. Have a great rest of your Tuesday. We'll talk to you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 6: See ya standing, let's st