Speaker 1: Orlando's rock station. Thank you for rocking on the job with us. It's Lynch and Taco Show. I'm Pat Lynch. Taco's here. It's time to check it out some tech news. It's brought to you by Pick your Ticket Thursday. That's going on what on our Instagram Taco Bob. Yes at one oh one one w j r R. Just click on the video that Klinger.
Speaker 2: Has up and you could be winning tickets to all the JRR shows coming up like popa Roach nine inch, now's Dropkick, Murphy's highly suspect.
Speaker 1: Update being given right now on the fatal crash last night where a US Blackhawk military helicopter collided with an American Airlines regional jet. Everyone feared dead the crash on approach to Reagan National Airport in DC. Everybody ended up in the Potomac. Thirty bodies thus far have been recovered. There were sixty four people on the plane and three on the chopper.
Speaker 3: It's I told you.
Speaker 2: Once it starts and light out the footage and that's just sad.
Speaker 1: Potomac is thirty five degrees right now. So even if somebody managed to survive the fireball, which was bad going into thirty five degree water. You're not gonna last very long in that in the darkness of night. It's just a horrible situation. We do have a live feed of the continuing coverage on our Facebook page if you wanted a quick, easy way to get more on that, all right, check it out. Stuff. The big news this week has been the announcement in the AI push from this outfit called deep Seek Chinese Ai, which made this announcement earlier in the week that they have accomplished what a new initiative in the US was announced and set to do this week, and that was, you know, be the best, fastest, most efficient AI available. That they have done it first and for a fraction of the cost.
Speaker 3: The numbers that were thrown out for the US were gonna be huge.
Speaker 1: Billions and billions of dollars to do it here. And then uh this deep Seek says, oh well, we've kind of already got that going here. It's only available in mainland China. But wait, now there's a new development.
Speaker 3: All right, give it to me.
Speaker 1: Another Chinese ar AI outfit called Ali Baba has just rolled out their Quinn two point five max, which they say.
Speaker 3: Smokes Deep Seek.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you said there's another update. I thought you were going to say they were just joking. Well, you know, like meet Chinese, me play joke, Nico Bping, you know that one.
Speaker 3: I thought maybe it was like.
Speaker 1: Psych So another Chinese AI developer, Ali Baba, says, there Quinn two point five Max Uh leaves Deep Seek in the dust.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The takeaway here is this is either Chinese propaganda or it's true. And we got some series catching up to do in this country when we thought we had a huge head start.
Speaker 2: And three why would they name something from China from China? Ali Baba.
Speaker 1: There is one other development as it relates to this open AI, which is, you know, the big deal here in the US is now alleging that Deep Seek used its models for its AI training. Oh, you don't say that the Chinese are stealing it information from us.
Speaker 2: Here it's all those weather or those big tinfoil balloons up there. And then it's do you know and the drones that nobody's talking about in Jersey, And yeah, they got all the they were tiktoks or the ais.
Speaker 1: The We did get an update on the drone stuff in the first press briefing of the new administration it was just kind of a random update that just about every one of those drone sightings, and the investigation says they were all cleared and approved by the FAA to be operating, and that it was not the me Somehow, I think there's probably a little bit more to us still. The new iOS eighteen point three update will include Starlink satellite connectivity for select iPhone users, which is good news because initially it sounded like it was just going to be available to Android users with Samsung phones through T Mobile. Now it looks like some iOS Apple products are going to be able to take advantage of the Starlink satellite connectivity. You know, you find yourself in a remote area of the world where there's not good connectivity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boom, you're out hiking and you know, maybe something came across an injury or laying there with a snapped leg.
Speaker 1: So still early early on in this, but it's coming. It's coming fast too. So Comcast announcing this week they are rolling out in ultra low lag tech that could fix the Internet. Lag of course is a big complaint mainly of gamers. Yeah, they are testing this new ultra low lag connectivity in Atlanta Chicago, Colorado Springs, Philadelphia, Rockville, Maryland, and San Francisco. The technology powering this upgrade is based on a standard called L four S, which stands for low latency, low loss scalable throughput bottom line for this. If you're a gamer, this is great news to have this technology eventually reaching probably everybody at some point, and also those of you who may not necessarily be gamers, would like to do things like FaceTime, you know how that can be kind of choppy, sometimes an awkward and maybe the voice doesn't exactly match. It's going to be more like just watching a show. Now when you're on FaceTime. We've got this low lag capability. Cool, So it's cool.
Speaker 3: Like you said, gamers, they're the ones really profiting.
Speaker 1: Let's see, there is a new proposal to try to to end the piracy that's going on here in the United States and around the globe with you know these offshore pirate websites where you can go and get just about any kind of movie or show or whatever with really no problems here into us. Even though currently ISPs, your service providers are supposed to give you a warning should they notice you are using a you know that type of material. There's no teeth to that, and nothing's happening. Now they're proposing a law in a partnership with the actual movie industry that would force providers to block access to foreign piracy websites. The bill would also force DNS providers to block sites, which you would make it much more difficult to get everything for free in this country. Again, it's just being proposed at this pace.
Speaker 2: So basically it's being proposed that now they'll possibly do something because they're being greased with a little from the movie industry.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, their motivation and monetary wise.
Speaker 1: Everything you know, how that goes scratch my back, I scratch shorts. You know. A big complaint from the music industry is that they get ripped off when it comes to getting paid for streaming. For that, and most of these artists will put a bullseye on Spotify saying Spotify is the worst, they're the worst with paying us. Well, Spotify now is doing a little shall we say public relations info here, saying that it paid ten billion dollars to music industry artists last year alone. The company added that it has given nearly sixty billion in industry payouts since its inception. So this is you know, one of those he said, she said, debates that's going to go on.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking to myself, if you're paying out ten billion, how much are you making right?
Speaker 3: God right, exactly a lot, is the answer. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And this is interesting. You know, the tech giants have seemed to all buddied up to the new administration, including Mark Zuckerberg, who has done a total one to eighty on his feelings towards Donald Trump. It's become even more evident now that Meta, his company, has agreed to pay and settle a lawsuit over the Facebook and Instagram suspensions that were slapped on President Trump back years ago, took him off those platforms. Well, they sued and they have now settled for twenty five million dollars. So Meta is going to pay him twenty five million dollars. Twenty two million of that will go towards building a future presidential library after his term is complete. The rest will go to handle legal expenses.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 2: And I don't care which side you you're for or whichever banning anybody like that, even if you ban the other president, that's just wrong.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: There's uh, the thing called free speech. And you know with that.
Speaker 2: That's why I think that anybody from any side looked at that and was kind of like this, this is fishy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know it's it's nobody wants to to be muzzled. Is everything you read seeing here accurate? No?
Speaker 3: No, never will be exactly.
Speaker 1: And if you kind of have that attitude, you know, it's a little easier to digest this type stuff. But interesting to see these tech giants who once you know, were mortal enemies have now kind of changed their tune.
Speaker 2: Of bits kind of what's good for you, right, kind of like the music thing.
Speaker 3: Scratch my back, I scratch yours. You know how it goes.
Speaker 2: Get my old construction days when I was building high rises in.
Speaker 3: Chicago, pushed that permit through, right, Ali did it? Yeah, you had high rise days.
Speaker 2: You know I did something. I had a different invention. It was called low Rise. It was an underground movement built underground.
Speaker 3: No rise. You're sleeping in on the weekends.
Speaker 2: Linchen Taco on demand Download the iHeartRadio app