Speaker 1: Yea ripped.
Speaker 2: You neat advice so you don't have them running just as fast as the can. Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Man, This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martine.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Tom Martino, and I welcome you to the show. Three ozho three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: It's car Day today.
Speaker 1: Pretty soon I'll have the camera up, getting the studio peeps in if you're streaming the show, and uh, if you want to call in on car stuff, you can. But we talk about everything today, but cars is an emphasis on Friday. Mark's out today, Mark and Sues. We went to a function last night. Mark actually looked really good, really good. He dressed up, he cleaned up.
Speaker 5: Well, why do you sound surprised.
Speaker 4: Now, Well, he was doubting it. He doesn't like getting dressed up.
Speaker 6: He wore his nice Metallica shirt.
Speaker 1: Of course. Sue's always looks beautiful. She looked great, of course. And it was just a wonderful night. And it was a better Business Bureau function in Colorado Springs. And they seem to be really involved in the community down there a bit. Even though I do believe the organization is a bit of a dinosaur, and they seem like really nice people in the Springs, the people we met.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I also met.
Speaker 1: Two car dealers in the Springs that, speaking of car days, that we've never gotten a complaint about, never ever, ever, never, ever, ever, not once in my forty five years.
Speaker 5: Now do you find that hard to believe? I do.
Speaker 1: Especially one of them was a a use It is a used card dealer, McCloskey. Never not one complaint, not one, not one, not one. Then we have Bob Pankas. Bob Pankas has three brands and never a complaint. So that's pretty cool, huh. I mean you got to give credit where credits due, So I think that's pretty guys. And of course we were the guest of honest, Accurate Auto Jesse Schillinger down there does a great job. So welcome this hour brought to you by something near and dear to my heart and pocketbook. Water waterpros dot net the best water systems at the lowest prices. You'rein Specials thirty one ninety five get you a combo system water water softening and drinking water at the kitchen sing Okay, So I'm gonna get the uh, I'll get the camera up in run. But meanwhile I'm going to say hi to everyone and welcome. And I have Kevin Colkin on board. I also have, of course, I believe Jeff Fick is there.
Speaker 5: Yep, I'm here, Jeff.
Speaker 1: I got a transmission call the other night. I want to get the guy on. I want to run it by you again. I don't think I don't think the guy has a big argument because he's had the car for five years and it was.
Speaker 4: Used when he bought it.
Speaker 1: But he's had it for five years, and he put thirty thousand miles on it when he got it and had thirty thousand miles. He bought it in June twenty nineteen, and it was a pre owned car.
Speaker 4: It's an Audi.
Speaker 1: Now, what do you know about Audi transmissions in general?
Speaker 5: Well, for the most part, they're actually pretty durable. You know, they've got probably a little bit higher life expectancy than average.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, he said the car was tuned, and therefore, you know that probably caused the problem.
Speaker 5: For it possibly or if.
Speaker 1: Not, they wouldn't touch it. And he didn't know it was tuned when he bought it. He was upset with the used car dealer who sold it, and I said, look, used car dealers have no obligation to know if there's a tuning chip in there.
Speaker 4: Explain what tuning is? Can you well on on.
Speaker 5: Over vehicles, Yeah, there was a chip that you put in. Then later on you you literally have programs like so I e. Like Banks does a lot with the diesel trucks and whatnot, and you literally can just plug in the obed port and it alters the programming. Nowadays people are actually getting in with laptops and doing their own custom tuning. Well, you're literally changing software to make the car perform better or to get better fuel it.
Speaker 4: Can it cause problems?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 4: I'll get him on there and see his name is Mark. Let me let me call him.
Speaker 1: I already cleared this with him. Let me just get him on here, see if he answers, and see where this is going, because I you know, he's he's a nice guy. He's a friend of a friend and Mark Mark Tom Martine, how are you.
Speaker 5: You're on the air right now? You say, yeah, Mark, are you there, sir? Mark?
Speaker 1: He doesn't hear me, Mark, Hello, Hello, Okay. For some reason, for some reason, he's not hearing me, and I don't understand why I normally make these calls all the time.
Speaker 5: I'll have to figure that out. But in any case, oh, I know why.
Speaker 1: I know why I don't have the audio turned on to that to that yet I had my never mind, I'll do it right now. So anyway, the bottom line is, uh, I think that what we're I think what we're finding though, we're finding more and more cases where people buying cars and how having problems and wondering even though it's a used car, is the manufacturer ever responsible?
Speaker 4: Guys, what do you think.
Speaker 5: In the case where if it's altered, then definitely not.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you've not when it's altered, just in general. Let me let me get Mark back. I think now he'll hear me. I apologize to him. Let me just do this again.
Speaker 5: Its smart Mark, Tom Martinez. Do you hear me now?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 4: Thank you, Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: You're on the air, by the way, So we were talking about your car, and as you said, you would come on the show earlier. So I just called because what we want to know is this. You bought the car with thirty thousand miles on it right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think of thirty or thirty two thousands.
Speaker 8: What year?
Speaker 4: What year is the car?
Speaker 7: It's twenty sixteen, okay, so and this was twenty nineteen ish when I think June of twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Let me just get the bad news out and then we'll see what we can do to help you. The news is, you know, on a twenty sixteen car coming up on what's truly going to be you know, nine years old. The manufacturer has no obligation to anybody on anything on a.
Speaker 5: Car like that.
Speaker 1: Now, the place that sold it to you, I know you said you were upset that you didn't know there's this tuning chip in it, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway. The tuning chip in and of itself wouldn't have gotten you help anyway, I am. I'm going to be straight with you. AUDI would have done nothing for you one way or the other. They won't because you have eighty thousand miles on a nine year old car, So they would not have said, oh, by the way, yeah, let's participate and fix this for you. So your premise, and again I didn't call you to beat up. I want to give you some good news too, but I think your premise that you didn't know I had to chip in it, therefore you didn't get the benefit of a warranty. You wouldn't have had a warranty anyway, and no matter what OUTO is telling you, they wouldn't have stepped up and they wouldn't have done anything after nine years and eighty thousand miles.
Speaker 4: Guys, am I lying or my crying? I mean you know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're spot on, they're straightforward.
Speaker 1: Yes, no one's gonna There were a couple of things that they see Auti America when when the service guys took it to Auti.
Speaker 7: America, they said, yeah, since the car only has eighty thousand miles, we would have participated in this significantly, but it's against our rules to go in once a car has had a tuning done. And I didn't even know what this was until I got into all of this.
Speaker 4: Mark, can I can I just cut you.
Speaker 1: I've done the research, Okay, I just I don't know how to put this other than tell you they're lying to you. I have never I have never known once, not once, for a manufacturer, especially Audi, to get involved with an eighty thousand mile car.
Speaker 5: That's nine years old.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm just going by what no, no, I get it.
Speaker 1: But what I'm getting is it's a fault. But your reasoning, and again this is not to beat up in you. I'm going to try to help you. The reasoning is, had you known back then it had a chip in it, what would you have done? A tuning chip.
Speaker 7: Well, this is a significant thing because at the time I purchased the car. Once that tuning is in there avoids the warranty on the car. So at thirty thousand miles, I would have had a warranty, but you did thousand But you did. But if I had, you asked me what I would if I had known that the warranty on that car was a voided, I would not have purchased it.
Speaker 1: But let me explain this to you. It would have done nothing for the situation today. That's the point I'm making is during the warranty period, you didn't have a problem where you did not have the benefit of a warranty. So it's like it could have It's like saying, well, it could have bothered me, it could have hurt me, but it didn't. So your premise that ohth I wouldn't have purchased it, so I wouldn't have this problem. Now it's not going to work. I mean, now you can go, you can try that. But that dealer wasn't even an AUTI dealer that sold it to you. They have no where They would have no way of knowing there's a tuning chip in there. They're not specialists, nor do they have an obligation. That's the most important part. There is no obligation on the part of someone selling a car to tell you that it's been tuned or altered in any way unless it is defective and they know it and they hide it. Three things they know it they hide. Okay, now, Kevin, I want to ask you something. When you do a used car check, do you check for tuned chips or anything like that.
Speaker 5: It'd be very difficult too exactly that.
Speaker 1: But now I want to get to the route and try to help them, Okay, because I told him in my text to him, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is I don't think you're going to do anything with Display as this four dealer you bought it from. You're not going to get anything from Audi. And the argument that nine years ago I bought a car. Excuse me, not nine but eight years ago whatever, whenever you bought it. You bought a car and it had thirty thousand miles and you didn't know how to chip in it. It was used and it was as is. So let's get to the issue. What can we do for you, guys? Jeff, it's stuck in reverse? They said he needs a new transmission. Isn't that what they told you?
Speaker 5: Mark?
Speaker 8: Or not?
Speaker 5: Am I?
Speaker 4: Am? I?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: I actually took the car to three places, three different reputable places, all of them diagnosed the car essentially the same. When I finally took it to the service center AUDI Service.
Speaker 1: Where are the three places you took There were three reputable places.
Speaker 7: Christian Brothers in Castle Rock, simply Euro of Castle Pines, and the AUDI Service Center.
Speaker 1: When you took it to the first one is the Christian Brothers, okay? And then when you took it to the second, did you tell him what the first found?
Speaker 7: I said that I had someone look at this and they had told me it needs a new transmission.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's always then you're never going to get another diagnosis. But okay, so the third time that when you went to the Audi Service Center.
Speaker 4: What did they tell you? What did you tell them?
Speaker 7: Well, they said that they thought they could fix it by replacing mectronic unit, and so they did that. First it did not take it did not take care of the problem. And then they came.
Speaker 5: Back and said, look, we.
Speaker 7: Obviously can't charge you for the mectronic unit. That's very nice, but it is Listen, the guys down at that Parker Service Center have been phenopen. They've given me a loaner car.
Speaker 1: They they sound good man. So they said, this didn't work. We can't charge you for it, but you probably need a transmission, right.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, And so they gave me the quote on the transmission, which is how much you know it's out the door? It's about seventeen thousand.
Speaker 5: Guys, what do you think? Let's go one thing at a time.
Speaker 1: First and foremost, what do you think eighty thousand miles stuck in reverse?
Speaker 4: It's been tuned. Do you think it's very likely it could be a transmission?
Speaker 9: Check?
Speaker 5: Jeff, it's very possible. And Kevin, yeah, absolutely, especially when they did the electronics already.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, now what about So the first bid that I got was for twenty one thousand. The second one doing a used transmission, was about fourteen thousand, and Aldi said, look, well, we're not going to charge you for the new electronic unit. It's in there, and we're going to discount the parts. And you know, at the end of the day, everything out the door is sixteen change about seventeen thousand.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: So guys, what do you think of that price?
Speaker 5: What kind of outy is this?
Speaker 7: It's an S six twenty sixteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that sounds on line.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, and it's it's you know, it's in perfect shape. So you know, to me kind of.
Speaker 4: How much did you pay for that car back in the day.
Speaker 7: I think I traded in a car that they gave me. Actually, yeah, I think it was about fourteen thousand, and then I paid thirty six thousand, So it was pretty reasonable price, I thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you paid you said thirty right, thirty something right, and plus sixteen you put in it for plus eighteen or right?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think the original price tag on the car was in the high nineties, and I think I ended up paying about forty eight thousand if I remember mine.
Speaker 1: So right now, if it's in perfect condition, and the other good news is wow, You're not going to be buried.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, You're not going to be bared. Yeah. Well, and after you put this investment in fixing this transmission, before it leaves, you need to if that tune has been in question, it needs to be returned back to factory settings.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: They would probably do that automatically, wouldn't They would sure make sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I believe that's their intention. Now I also ask you them about, you know, what's the warranty moving forward, and they said, you know, you have a one year warranty on the transmission. But obviously with this history with you, we'll we'll be kind.
Speaker 5: Of watching out for you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now I will say, let's see, I'm trying to find a uh, I'm trying to find a a comp.
Speaker 5: For you on that car.
Speaker 1: But it's hard to find, like on what that car would be worth once you do this work, and I am getting god, there's hardly here's the problem. There's hardly any even for sale. I don't know if that's good or bad.
Speaker 7: I mean, they're hard to they're hard to find.
Speaker 5: They are.
Speaker 7: It's the last year out.
Speaker 1: He did a You know what, from all my indications, you're gonna be a little tiny over a normal deal if you went out to buy one with it the same specs and mileage, which isn't I mean, you're gonna be over You're gonna be But if you like the car and it's gonna work, you're not overpay, You're not.
Speaker 5: It's not terrible, it's not terrible.
Speaker 1: I was hoping they would tell me they didn't think the price was right, and I was hoping they would tell me they didn't think that you you didn't need a brand new one. That's what I was hoping they would tell me. I got to take a break. I'm Tom Martino three O three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter at three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We got some quick follow ups here. First of all, we had Skyline Mitsubishi. The woman called she had a FOURD escape and if we recapped that problem, Dmitri, can you re recap that, sir?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Meyra called U yesterday and she said she bought a used twenty seven escape from Skyline Mitsubishi, which broke down the same day that she bought it.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and I said, look, you bought it as is. I'm not sure what we can do. But did they know about it? What's going on? And uh so, what's going to tell me about it?
Speaker 11: Well, you may recall that her biggest stumbling block was that Skyline, who also sold her or at least included a warranty with that car, a third party warranty needed nine hundred and fifty dollars to tear down the engine so that they can present the results to the warranty company in hopes that they louth their eyes a replacement engine.
Speaker 12: That was that was a stumbling block for Maras.
Speaker 1: So I call yeah, yeah, I mean because a warranty company wants to know that is their problem before they pay on it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, she was concerned that not only is it a lot of money, but if the warranty company declines the repair, then she'll still be on the hook for the night.
Speaker 4: So if we work out, so I spoke.
Speaker 11: With Grant, who's the service manager and a wonderful man over there at Skyline Mitsubishi and Thornton, and what he offered to do is to do the teardown so called on spec, so that they'll do the teardown at no cost to Mayra in hopes that the warranty company will approve the repair and the costs of the teardown if they don't. But well, then he said, which I didn't expect. This was all his idea. He said that they've already discussed this problem internally, and Grant said that they will work with Mayra to trade her out of that car into a different.
Speaker 4: Car, So if warranty doesn't cover it.
Speaker 11: She won't be responsible for the nine point fifty and she can either take the broken car back or they'll work with her to trade her into a different used car.
Speaker 5: Okay, and that's a really good.
Speaker 4: Start to the resolution. She's a good start.
Speaker 5: But that's great.
Speaker 11: But something more important is that Grant said that he's worked with this particular third party warranty company before and he thinks they're a solid company.
Speaker 12: He actually does expect them.
Speaker 11: His expectation is that they'll approve a replacementtention for this car, so it might not come to.
Speaker 12: Redoing the deal.
Speaker 11: So Meyra was very happy and Brent and Skyline were just really great.
Speaker 1: Speaking of car, Stevenson completed mechanical repairs at no cost.
Speaker 4: What is this one?
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, you may recall maybe a month or so ago a lady called because she was driving her Lexus which had recently been serviced at Stevenson Lexis, and the wheel fell off, and at the time Stevenson Stevenson denied responsibility, but following our inquiries or my inquiries to Stephenson Lexus, they agreed to and have already completed all the mechanical repairs at their expense, and last time I checked with a caller, they also agreed to do all of the body repairs at their expense and their own body shop. And furthermore, during that entire time, they provided her with a loaner vehicle.
Speaker 4: So Stephen was this called what.
Speaker 5: Was her name?
Speaker 12: Oh boy.
Speaker 13: Bad?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was at least a month and a half ago, and I think her.
Speaker 12: Name was Well, I don't to see you here.
Speaker 11: Anyway, Jessica, Jessica, you're exactly right, Jessica twenty ten.
Speaker 4: Lexus, Yeah, so they are.
Speaker 11: They are fixing it for I think it's probably already been fixed. I mean he took him a few days to do the mechanical repairs and then they immediately sent it to their body shop. So uh, anyway, so Lexus, you know, really stepped up.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 11: Alexas stepped up and that's good man.
Speaker 4: I mean that this is really good.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be I think I'm going to overuse my dinger today.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Let me see what else best Buy?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, that's another one from the day before yesterday. You may recall Daryl called in because he bought a ton of electronics they had Best Buy in Longmont, including the two problems.
Speaker 1: And then he said he couldn't get the geek squad to his house.
Speaker 4: Instead, they sent a guy in a truck.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I have no problem with a guy in a truck.
Speaker 11: But the problem was the guy has never installed a satellite system.
Speaker 4: So what happened?
Speaker 11: So I developed a contact at best By Corporate somewhere far away, and the lady I spoke with via email asked me for contact information for both Darryl, the consumer and the store manager.
Speaker 5: They reach out.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so Darrow and I spoke yesterday and he said he got a call from best Buy and they made him two great offers. One is he can have a complete refund if he doesn't feel comfortable with him. But they also asked him to please give best Buy another chance to install this stuff. They're going to find a crew that's actually experienced and knowledgeable and installing this kind of equipment. And Daryl was tickled pink by that because you know his goal is to get the equipment up and running.
Speaker 12: That's just to get a refund on installations.
Speaker 5: That is wonderful. This is a triple dinger.
Speaker 11: Well, thanks, you know, but there are a whole bunch of others that you know didn't work out, and you know there's still You may recall Michelle, who might be calling us again today with Brown Point Mortgage. She called in on the fourth of this month because Brown Point Mortgage took one of her insurance settlement checks and is now withholding the money.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, wait a minute, yeah yeah, I wasn't sure if that's a skit.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about the one that lady had to send back twenty three grand?
Speaker 12: No, that's another stong hold on.
Speaker 1: Hold on, all right, we'll talk about this coming up because I need to take a break. But let me get to this because I think everyone agrees that d deserves the dinger.
Speaker 4: That's one, two and three where there is you know that dinger gets tired.
Speaker 12: I would have settled just for the anchovy pizza.
Speaker 4: Okay, we got more coming right up.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martine here, Welcome to the show, and I do believe I have the ugly guys up on camera and I'll be going to them soon.
Speaker 4: Ain't here, and uh, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: In fact, they're probably up there now. Yeah they are. You see him in the longer corner of your streaming the show. By the way, even if you listen to SEW on radio, which you should, you can always stream it or download it, I mean later.
Speaker 10: They're awesome.
Speaker 14: And Jeff has just said he's gonna buy me a purse.
Speaker 4: A purse, yes, yes, four.
Speaker 5: That's enough to handle my credit card because I.
Speaker 4: He's a foil line purse.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Carry your flask.
Speaker 15: No, okay, oh I have a flask. No oh, I thought, interesting, that's that's news to me. No.
Speaker 14: No, Jeff has graciously honored to buy me.
Speaker 4: A Louis time Lois tongue.
Speaker 15: Yeah yeah, yeah, I don't know about Yeah, so the purse, so the pizza can be delivered in the purse.
Speaker 4: Okay, so yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: By the way, here's something I'm confused about, people, Maybe you can tell me. Of course, calls callers always take priority on the show, so I would go right to you. But three oh three seven one three talks our number or three oh three Martino three oh three, six, two seven, eight, four sixty six.
Speaker 4: So what am I confused about? I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 1: As you know, I'm involved in an investment now through my company. But I take a look at this S and P, and I mentioned the other day that the S and P is top loaded.
Speaker 5: In other words, the reason the.
Speaker 1: SNP is doing so great and showing such fantastic returns basically boiled down to just a handful of companies. And the number one value getter Navidia, it's just incredible. Number two Tesla, Number three micro strategy. Now you want to know the shock.
Speaker 5: Number four? You want to take a guess?
Speaker 1: The number four highest valued stock for increases in value? Come on, now you want to take a guess? Guys, come on, I'll take you overall on the S. Well, well, the S and P are the leaders in general, right, so then the top of the S and P Vidiot, Tesla micro Strategy and number four, my morons, you want to take a stab at this? I mean this to me, to me, it's shocking, game stop all, not again, it's it's not Here's what's weird. It never went away, it went that, that craziness went away, that when they racked it up. But it has always been doing well. And here's the thing. There's no value.
Speaker 5: People.
Speaker 1: Did you know that there's no value? There's no value? What do you I mean, how does that happen? So so, you know, I always say, you know, I come down on the investment industry. I don't like it so much. I say, it's it's crazy the way they're that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: But but listen, if you go into a stock fund, even game Stop is helping you make money, right, so you can make some money. But if you buy game Stop, in my opinion, you can take a little ride up. But my god, it's it's really really a dangerous stock in my opinion, when you don't have value. You know, Warren Buffett says, go for value, go for value, go for true earnings, go for fundamentals. There are other people that say, go for the short rides up and down. If you're not going to babysit those short rides, be really careful, Okay, I know, seriously, sure you can make money doing anything. You can make money in Vegas, but that doesn't mean you want to right. So in other words, so oh, and after game Stop a company called super micro Computer, and then Planter and Plant or Paliner Palin Palent and then after that, well those are the main ones. But Amazon and Apple in the top one two, three.
Speaker 5: Four five six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Apple and Amazon always managed to stay up in the top ten. But you know who joined them recently, Trump Media and Technology.
Speaker 4: Wow, So those are the top performers.
Speaker 1: And as I said, even being in an S and P fund is not necessarily a great idea all the time. But the point is you need people who can help you through that. Okay, So don't I think unless you're a genius and you do this really, I mean you really really want to do it. There's nothing wrong with doing it yourself at all, if you know what you're doing. Anyway, we got more coming up. I'm Tom Martine. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Here's the thing. We got our car experts today. I got some texts. But if you have calls, give us a call please. And also eight eight eight heating has the deep clean for forty five bucks and high efficiency replacements to so I gave you thirty to forty percent every month. Eight eight eight heating dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I got some texts about.
Speaker 1: Cars, and this one is why why is the average stay at a body shop two months? I'd like to know that actually, because I don't know of anyone. I don't know of anyone for anything, that can take a car to a body shop and get it back in less than two months. Guys, it's just ridiculous. Come on, there's no more COVID. Come on, no, I think they're used to that. And there's a parts problem. I think it's a double problem. But there's no incentive for a body shop to do it though, because they want to be paid. They want a quicker turnaround than two months. Can you I mean imagine the storage problem. In fact, when I had my daughter's car recently fixed and I talked about it, it was there for two months. That was after I already pre ordered the parts and paid for them, had them delivered, then took the car in. Okay, So they have cars and rows and rows of cars outside. They can't That can't make them a lot of money, you know, having cars sitting there. So who's where? Where is the It's not them doing it? Who's doing it?
Speaker 5: A lot of it has to do with the way the parts trickle in too. I mean they'll they'll sell.
Speaker 4: They used to inventory a lot.
Speaker 1: And then what Kevin alluded to is during COVID they got they they said, wait a minute, the world didn't end when we had to put in a special order. When we get enough parts, when we get fifty we put in an order, or if we have to punch out some parts. You know, if I'm a manufacturer, the world didn't end, and people waited for them, and we saved money by not having carrying costs, and so, Kevin, you think they just thought, why go back to the old systems.
Speaker 9: They don't have to. They still sell the same number of parts with less overhead. But it's also insurance companies. We deal with them, you know, for like front end crashes, the stuff you know, when you hit a curb or something, and some of them they can take up to a week or two just to answer an email for a follow up. Come on, it's insanity, it's crazy. There's a couple we just want even to do any work with anymore. It's just too difficult. Oh man, you know, progressive is the worst. There's a lot of people with it. But we'll send an email out and you can wait easily ten days to two weeks to get an answer, and they want to answer the phone.
Speaker 4: So I looked up.
Speaker 1: We were talking off the air about cold calling people on the air, and there are FCC rules that say that you can be fined the average fine. There hasn't been many, by the way at all. Okay, in fact, there have been a handful in the entire country since the rule in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, excuse me.
Speaker 1: Before two thousand and eight, the largest fine so far has been four thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: According to my AI. Now I don't know that shut.
Speaker 16: In twenty twelve, they were fined twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh who was that?
Speaker 1: That doesn't it doesn't say here. It says four thousand about.
Speaker 5: Any broadcast law dot org. Okay, I looked at I'm looking at my.
Speaker 6: Chat broadcasts blog dot com.
Speaker 5: Excuse me? Okay, thanks.
Speaker 4: Anyway, the complaints were the complaints.
Speaker 1: Are necessary to provide necessary documentation and evidence, and the FCC does not investigate without a complaint. The complaint should be from the victim unless someone else has standing. I guess that would be if you called somebody's company maybe uh dragon, and then the owner of the company heard the guy the employee being embarrassed or something, so they have to have standing.
Speaker 4: So it's not like you just do it and you're fined.
Speaker 16: But you see, that's not the impending lawsuits from the person that's on the air.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: I was maybe if the YouTube wants if I called one of them and they complained and we split the two hundred and fifty grand.
Speaker 5: Now I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: Anyway, We got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Stick around three oh three seven to one three talk especially car problems.
Speaker 4: Questions and complaints. We have more right after.
Speaker 1: This, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 17: What news you.
Speaker 4: Need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come, run in just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martine, Hey Tom Martino here and we are celebrating car Day, Another Friday, another day, but we talk about anything you want. This hour brought to you by Wave eight Wealth Management dot Com or waveeight Capital dot com. That's the number eight. I started that firm out of the frustration in the investment industry. So feel free to call us for help. And when I say a free, no obligation review of stuff, I'm talking for sure.
Speaker 5: I mean you you really need to know where you are.
Speaker 1: We have found people paying excessive fees, people with giant firms they didn't know about, thinking they had a local advisor, and some people making good returns, others not.
Speaker 4: I mean, it depends, you know, but here's the point.
Speaker 1: The point is direct contact, oversight, diligence. And here's what's important. What's called a fiduciary responsibility. That's a legal standard where your interests are put first. And I take this very seriously, okay, because I've been doing helping people for years and years and years, and when I found out all of this stuff about, you know, the basically the middleman stuff with financial advisors, I just want to hook you up. And I again, I want you to contact us and we will meet with you. We will never get bigger than that, where we are a boutique firm helping each and every person individually, and you will have personal meetings and everything you need to feel comfortable. Three oh three seven seven one help one four three five seven And it's a real registered investment firm with the securities division wave the number eight capital dot com. You can go to Waveightcapital dot com. Today's car Day and we got somebody wants to talk about a car, two thousand and nine Chevy Silverado. And then we have a story that I promised to tell yesterday. Well, I didn't really tease it so much. I talked a little bit at a little bit about it off the air, about something sneaky I did in real estate that I don't think might have been totally allowed.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure. And I forgot to ask Brad O'Brien.
Speaker 1: So I'd like to get him back on today for a quick hit so I can ask him about it, because I was going to ask him about it yesterday. So, Kachina, when you get a chance, if you can get Brad O'Brien up for a few minutes, it would help.
Speaker 4: And I want to go over this ques this strategy.
Speaker 1: I did, and Deputy d reminded me of it and said, you know you You said you wanted to ask Brad O'Brien about it, and I never did. So, Adam, let's go to your nine Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Hi, good morning guys. So the other week I was under my truck. I had to replace the little plastic bushing that connected my gear shift to the transmission.
Speaker 3: It deteriorated and broke off.
Speaker 13: So I got that replace, but I noticed some oil seepage, no dripping yet nothing on my driveway, and I think it's Is it called the rear main seal? Is that between the engine and the transmission?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 18: Is that what that gast is?
Speaker 13: Yeah, exactly, Okay, My question really was I just want to kind of start saving up for this as a truck. I don't drive very often. I have a work truck, but uh, I was just wondering what a ballpark?
Speaker 4: Are you sure that's what it is?
Speaker 5: Are you sure that's where it's coming from?
Speaker 18: My best guess, I'm not a training mechanic.
Speaker 4: But how many miles?
Speaker 13: Pretty evident right there? One hundred and sixty, So.
Speaker 5: It's a good possibility. And you also have the oil filter adapter is right there. It's just too bolt and those are very very common for leaking. Okay, yeah, take a look at that. You know, as far as a rear main you're you're talking about nine and a half hours worth of work. Plus the kit and everything else. So you so you're probably looking roughly right in the neighborhood about seventeen hundred yeah, sev.
Speaker 13: Okay, really what My main question was kind of.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 9: That'd be real sure, because oil leaks, you got to start from the top and work down.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you something, how often do rear main seals go.
Speaker 5: It's actually pretty common. You know, you have to take the transmission out in order to access it. So we actually see quite a.
Speaker 19: Fettle common on all vehicles now, but he's probably over one hundred thousand mile vehicles.
Speaker 9: They don't go out frequently, but just a lot of cars have them.
Speaker 1: I have a leak there, Okay, So again it may not be a rear main seal though, Adam, do you hear what they said?
Speaker 5: It's very very common.
Speaker 13: Yeah, for sure, hopefully it is very very common.
Speaker 5: Okay, but no, there's no no, it's very very common for that oil filter adapter to leak. Yep. And it literally has two bolts. It's a piece of cake. You don't have to get fused.
Speaker 1: If you ever had people come in expecting they were going to have to do that whole damn thing. And then you said and then you said, no, no, you just need these two bolts.
Speaker 5: And end up popping them out the door for about two hundred bucks. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, make a new friend.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that makes people. Yeah, that would be awesome, thank you.
Speaker 1: No problem. That shared an autotech of course. Uh and Kimmeer transmission. So either one of those, you can always call off the air and get some help. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So I'm going to get my real estate guy on to talk about that thing that I mentioned the other day. I did something sneaky in real estate and I was later told Now I never really confirmed this, but I was later told it's not kosher to do it.
Speaker 4: And I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I wouldn't be allowed, But we're gonna talk about it has to do with a real estate deal.
Speaker 4: Okay, now that's all I'm going to say.
Speaker 1: Now let's get back to another, uh some other crazy news. They're because we're getting pizza today, Are you guys getting pizza?
Speaker 5: You are getting pizza?
Speaker 14: Yes, huh, yes we are.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: An angry wife convinced her husband to stab and disembowel a pizza delivery guy.
Speaker 4: Because they botched his order. You, I mean, my god. So this is a true story.
Speaker 1: It's kind of sad really, And so a woman and in Virginia was upset because the pizza was botched the order and she said to her husband take care of it. And the husband dutifully took out his knife and got into an argument with the guy and he sliced him up. And this is a true story. And the name of the pizza place is Maud Pizza and yeah, Seattle, Seattle, yep. The victim was stabbed several times in the back, in the front, and the torso all over and I hope that god did he die anyway. So this guy's he's up on felony charges of malicious wounding and brandishing a firearm, and his wife is charged with conspiracy to commit malicious wounding. So thank goodness, the guy didn't die. So I just I'm not threatening Anthony's pizza.
Speaker 5: I love these people.
Speaker 1: They've never botched an order, so don't please keep delivering the pizza.
Speaker 5: And don't think that's what I was doing.
Speaker 14: I'm an artist, stab dragon.
Speaker 4: There is a new procedure.
Speaker 14: I am seriously about to stab dragon a.
Speaker 6: Little mouse talking as that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, why but why because there's a little mouse talking right now, don't you hear it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Anyway, Okay, there's a new cosmetic procedure.
Speaker 4: For eyes.
Speaker 1: People are changing their eye color by having their eyes tattooed. And they put designs in them too.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know.
Speaker 4: No, it's true.
Speaker 1: It's a cosmetic procedure that involves changing the color of your eyes, and you can put tiny little designs in there like snowflakes. But experts are warm and warning it could it could leave you blind.
Speaker 4: Well duh.
Speaker 1: Now, obviously you don't go to a tattoo artist for this. This is done by doctors, and although there have been some people unauthorized to do it, and it's called tattooing, the American Academy for Arthomology says it's not a good idea and you can get some serious damage to the eye.
Speaker 5: But you you would.
Speaker 1: I thought they had contacts that could change your eye color. And remember I had those lenses done. Now, when I had those lenses done, I wonder if they could have changed my eye color with those lenses.
Speaker 5: Maybe not.
Speaker 1: Anyway, here's another one and I can't believe how many days I read about people who are disenchanted with their jobs.
Speaker 4: Now, you know, I can't.
Speaker 1: I read about all kinds of consumer news, and and this is something that I believe. Every day for the last year, year and a half, I've been reading stories about people disenchanted with working and their jobs. And there's every reason they can give, from politics to everything. I mean, there's just you know, after COVID, coming home, I mean coming from the home, going back to the office, and and there's there's millions of reasons. Now they so they say middle managers and employees are basically less productive and are fed up with their jobs. Okay, guys, I'm gonna ask you straight up. Have you noticed a difference as a result of COVID.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, have you you know, the lack of employ available employees has been an issue, but typically when we get them there, they're eager to work.
Speaker 4: That's good to know.
Speaker 9: Well, they got to have time off too, though, I mean, like, you know, if these guys work too many days and too many hours, they just get burned out.
Speaker 5: So sure.
Speaker 4: We're not talking about too many hours or too many days.
Speaker 1: I think we're talking about people that are just I don't know what the hell's going on.
Speaker 4: They just don't like working anymore.
Speaker 1: I mean, what else can you say that they they're not happy with their jobs. And I think we all understand that working is part of life, right absolutely, But for some reason, fewer and fewer people want to work.
Speaker 4: So my question is what do they do?
Speaker 1: Oh? I know what they do? I just found another article. Guess what they aspire to be? Guess what most kids now ascer exactly when asked what they want to do for a living. What do most middle and high schoolers say they want to be? A YouTuber or influencer? Holy crap, I mean, how many could you have? You have to have somebody doing some production anyway. Somebody said on on my YouTube stream here they're not happy with their lives and not working is just a symptom. And then somebody else says, my wife absolutely hates her job. She's been working from home for three years. But eighty percent of the workload. People get lazy working at home. Okay, she is carrying too much of the workload, he's saying, But a lot of other people get lazy working at home.
Speaker 4: Now, you know that can go either way. I've heard this both ways.
Speaker 1: I've heard that some people are really more productive remote and other people aren't. So we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. What do you Think three oh three seven one three Talks seven one three eight.
Speaker 4: Two five five.
Speaker 1: Frank ran in the real estate Man will do an evaluation of your home and he'll tell you what it will self for based on the current market and based on his and based on his experience for thirty years. A lot of people want to know that before they venture off into this, you know, into doing all of the listing work and all of that. And he's pretty damn accurate and he's an honest, good man. Frank Durand the Realestateman dot com three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. No obligation to find out what your house will sell for. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content than.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 1: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estateman dot com to list your.
Speaker 5: Home with Remax Alliance.
Speaker 1: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom Archino, I got a text here.
Speaker 1: I want to give a shout out to John Fuller. He's doing a great job for me and my family. That's good to know. Kachina. How are we doing on getting Brad O'Brien up?
Speaker 14: I have a text out him?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Dragon, would you give us the lowdown since we don't have a camera in the control room?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Does is she napping or is she actually there?
Speaker 6: He's on her fifth mimosa, so she told us.
Speaker 14: In the break No, now it's six see there you go?
Speaker 1: Okay in any case three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Got a question for Kevin on an electrical issue. Do electrical issues show up in codes like regular problems something?
Speaker 7: Do?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Absolutely? Okay?
Speaker 4: Does it show you the actual problem or where to look?
Speaker 5: What is this? Show?
Speaker 10: Code?
Speaker 9: Only is the starting point, that's a jumping off point to to you know, isolated system.
Speaker 5: That's all the code is.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have another one, and this one I saved and I found it. How do you Is there a procedure or where do they start to track down? And they don't say where it is a bad ground? I have no idea what they mean.
Speaker 9: Well, depending on the circuit. First you have to locate the grounds and then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well okay, so that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: So, first of all, what would give someone an indication they have a bad ground to begin with?
Speaker 4: Intermittent power weirdness.
Speaker 9: Anything like that. Sure, you know, and grounds are a very common problem. They're more common than power problems.
Speaker 1: So really, when you have a missing ground, it's like having a broken wire because you're not completing a circuit.
Speaker 9: Is that it is, or it's very very corroded, so you're losing the surface where the ground is.
Speaker 1: Okay, But the point is, though, what you're trying to do is you are trying to complete a circuit and if it's not to ground, it doesn't complete.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 4: Okay, So don't cars, I know.
Speaker 1: And again I don't want to get technical, but with airplanes, for example, which I'm very familiar with because I do a lot of my own work legally.
Speaker 5: By the way, I wonder.
Speaker 1: We have grounding blocks, so when you're tracing a ground you don't have to trace sixteen different screws in a frame.
Speaker 5: Get it? Yep?
Speaker 4: Well are cars like that?
Speaker 5: Though? I wish they were.
Speaker 1: So they literally will. Different things will ground in different places.
Speaker 9: Yeah, especially if you get a car back from a body shop. It's the first thing you look for because when they remove panels sometimes they'll cut the ground not knowing, you know, and then put it back and maybe a tail light doesn't work or something because of ground right.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, so they really don't.
Speaker 1: So they really run power wires and then grounds They ground to the closest frame.
Speaker 4: Yes, even in today's modern.
Speaker 1: World of highly sophisticated electronics, they don't have a grounding wire to a block.
Speaker 5: No, okay, no, wow.
Speaker 1: So I'm asking this out of ignorance. Is there a quality of grounding? In other words, are all parts of the frame equally grounded?
Speaker 5: Definitely?
Speaker 8: Not.
Speaker 5: No, So you definitely have certain areas do you want to go to and you don't want to go to, And even just going down the road to some of your main grounds. Your body, the body of that vehicle is just a big static electric battery. Creating electricity, so you've got to actually absorb that back into the system so it doesn't affect other problems.
Speaker 1: Gosh, so people what we're talking about, since it is car Dan again, if this is going over your head, if you're from Arkansas, just hang on. But I'm just let me explain. And I'm joking, by the way about Arkansas. I have friends from there, That's why I say it, and they listen all the time. So anyway, here, here's what we're talking about. Basically, a car is is has a lot of electrical stuff going on, including a charging circuit and everything else. And in order to complete circuits, you have to have well, you know, a ground, which is one and all. A ground is is a common to everything, and then you have the power and the reason the ground I think it was who was And anyway, the the the controversy with with grounds there there were a couple of ways of doing it. There were people that believed that you should have common ground. Others say, no, just ground where you are. That was Tesla because Tesla was all about efficiency and saving money, and he came up with the system for common grounds. I excuse me for for yeah, for common grounds whereas Edison was all about direct grounding, So that was a controversy back and forth. So in a car, you have ground circuits and you have power circuits. Power circuits have a fuse in them. Grounding circuits are ground are grounded to the frame I get and so so it adds a common element to the second leg of your circuits. But here's the problem. They go bad easily. Mostly they go bad before power circuits go bad, unless you have a rabbit in there chewing up. They just chew up indiscriminately. But it's one of the craziest things to try to troubleshoot, Kevin.
Speaker 4: Is there any magic to it?
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 9: And it's sporadic because they all act differently, and resistance across the ground is very hard to figure out sometimes to where the ground is there, but you don't have a solid ground, so you're too much resistance. It's causing all kinds of circus to go kind of hate wire, if you will. So yeah, grounds are challenging.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: We have a question here from JR. On the YouTube thing. I just noticed it, so he doesn't have to call in. Kennedy wants he wants to know how dangerous hydrogen engines are that are coming out?
Speaker 4: First of all, are they really coming out? Hydrogen? I I that's.
Speaker 5: Going to be your next wave coming out both Toyota and.
Speaker 4: Che Okay, So what are we talking about? Hydrogen engine?
Speaker 5: What is it? Actually they're literally separating water molecules and creating or using the hydrogen.
Speaker 19: Itself, which is what's going to be our fuel, hydrogen its combustion.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So where do we get hydrogen at a station?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You mean fuel for cell? Is it a fuel cell? Is it a gas?
Speaker 5: How do we fill up fuel cell? Okay?
Speaker 1: So it converts the fuel cell converts to hydrogen gas, which canbusts right yep. Okay, is it going to be dangerous because there I know he texted me earlier too and he was talking about, you know, batteries are dangerous.
Speaker 4: All kinds of things are dangerous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anytime you're dealing with something that you know it's combustible, you obviously have a certain amount of danger there. But you know, the development is going into this, it's going to be just as safe as any other car on the road.
Speaker 1: Now, I know I have to take a break, but I have Brad O'Brien on, and I don't want to break while he's on, So I'm going to take him right now, real quick. I'm sorry, I'm Shari Dragon, Brad O'Brien. I want to ask you if this was a if this is illegal or wrong? Okay, this is something that was done years ago. I did many many, many many years ago. Somebody said it wasn't proper, Okay, So I loaned a guy some money.
Speaker 4: No, no, I know what I did.
Speaker 1: I financed the sale of land to a man right and so I had a first deed of trust on the property, meaning that if he didn't make his payments, I could go through a foreclosure procedure. But on the side, what I did was I had him sign I said, if you really want to do this, I'll do it, but you have to sign this quick claim deed to me. So if you ever stopped paying, I don't want to go through foreclosure.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to file this.
Speaker 4: Was that illegal or wrong?
Speaker 1: I mean at the like I said, this is so many years ago, but I'm just curious about it. When we were talking about deeds of trust yesterday and quit claim deeds and all of that kind of stuff, is that improper. Can that get you in trouble.
Speaker 20: It's unusual, but it's not illegal. Sometimes people do take a quick claim deed to hold it in a drawer as a form of mortgage. You know, that's historically been done. Parties can't agree to hold extra security for I did that by getting this quick claim deed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody told me, oh, you're not supposed to do that. You're supposed to go through the whole process. Because at the time the guy did stop making payments and I filed the quit claim deed.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He was pissed off saying, you know, you didn't go through the proper and then he had an attorney right to me saying I didn't go through the proper foreclosure. But then it never went anywhere, So so technically, I mean I did both a deed of trust and a Technically, you wouldn't need the deed of trust if you did that, would you.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that's kind of Belton suspenders to do it that way to get a mortgage plus a quickly indeed to call to security.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well, thank you very much. And that's Obrien Legal Services O Brian Legal. He's our real estate expert his website's olslaw dot com seven to zero three seven zero thirty seven eighty eight. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 1: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three.
Speaker 10: Oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: I'm Tom Martinez, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. So a quick question here on transmission rebuilds. When they want to know is it really a rebuild or is it an exchange?
Speaker 4: They want to know? Then I think it can be either, right.
Speaker 5: It depends on where you're going to. I mean, you know, we rebuild right there in the house, so we've got them stripped down. You know, the average transmission probably has about six hundred individual parts and we go through wherever you want.
Speaker 4: What's better to do a replace?
Speaker 5: That all depends on the individual situation. I mean what the majority of the time we're able to, you know, do the same thing that you buy out of a box, but we do it in the house for what you need and not what everybody needs out of that box. So if if the cost of rebuilding yours is going to cost more than the one that's already rebuilt, then we'll back up the cost trash, we'll put in another one.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: But in most cases, what they're the idea is we're getting it apart. We're giving you the same product you get out of a box at a better price. All right.
Speaker 1: Now, there was something we talked about we want to correct, right, so because my YouTube moron, one of them corrected us. We were talking about hydrogen and you mentioned, Jeff, somebody h is used for combustions.
Speaker 5: It's actually creating electricity. It's actually a hydrogen powered electric vehicle. So it's just an EV right, yeah, yeah, just without the big battery. All right.
Speaker 1: So you have an EV car and the EV car is simply powered by.
Speaker 5: Fish source.
Speaker 1: That's pretty That's like the best, in my opinion, the best of all worlds.
Speaker 5: I mean, right, yeah, you don't have to charge a battery. You just fill it up and go again.
Speaker 1: And when we say fill it up, that's where I get confused. What do you mean by phill like like, is it a a battery pack?
Speaker 9: Is it a uh No, there is no battery pack. That that's the advantage the weight. It's just a fuel cell. That the chemical conversion, so it puts off water vapor.
Speaker 4: Of fuel cell.
Speaker 5: Yep, Okay, what is a fuel cell? What is it? Fucking gas tanks? Bigger than a bread box? Tell me what it is.
Speaker 9: I don't know the size. Yeah, I don't know how much? Okay, yeah, still learning?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, yeah, I guess it's all so new.
Speaker 1: What are you guys doing as far as or what are schools doing? What are they doing to train kids or turn young people?
Speaker 5: What like?
Speaker 1: Have they altered their courses to include evs and hydrogen?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're seeing a lot of my guys go at least once a month. NAPA is pretty good about it. They give us a full length, a full selection class.
Speaker 1: When do they say that the actual hydrogen cars are actually going to be sold?
Speaker 5: I have no idea about that. One me either.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's what they say.
Speaker 1: A highydrogen high pressure tank is in a car, so you pull up and it's a gas and then they fill it with high pressure and then it reacts within the fuel cell. When it's released, it reacts with the oxygen in the air, generates electricity, which powers an electric vehicle. Now how that actually looks or the size, I have no idea. They say zero emissions. They emit only water vapor. So a man quick refueling three to five minutes, extended range, then more than regular batteries. This sounds like this sounds like a godsend. Think about this so well, Tesla as you think eventually switch over?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean right now they're saying that Honda Toyota, they're all real close to having them out on markets. Some models may be available as early twenty twenty four. They say the Honda's CRV E f CV is available for limited leases in certain quantities. Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's talk about one clear choice garage doors. A great garage door company. You know, they'll come out and do an inspection. They'll do a whole door, they'll do panels, they'll do they'll do parts of doors. They can do openers or parts of openers. They have the new sidewinder, battery to close, battery backups, time to close, features, Wi Fi capable, cell phone capable. That's one Clear Choice doors dot Com. It's actually one. The name of the company is one Clear Choice Garage Doors, but the website's one Clear Choice doors dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait on top of it. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 1: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, let's talk to Deborah. Deborah, what's going on with you?
Speaker 21: Hi, mister Martino, I ad a contractor. Come out.
Speaker 1: In July.
Speaker 21: We signed an estimate for twenty five thousand dollars to build a garage and we are now in November. The garage is still not complete, has not passed final inspection, has some work that still needs to be done. I heard from him yesterday, but prior to that, I haven't heard from him since October twenty eighth. So I went ahead and hired somebody to complete some of the work that needs to be done to do the final inspection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when did you first When did you first enter into the contract?
Speaker 8: July sixteenth?
Speaker 21: I believe it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, And what I want to know is this, do you have a contract.
Speaker 21: I'm sorry, it was July eighth, and it was an estimate?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what. Did you ever have a contract?
Speaker 22: The estimate?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 21: We approved, We both approved the estimate.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you hired a contractor on July eighth with a twenty five thousand dollars approved estimate.
Speaker 5: Correct? Okay.
Speaker 1: Now what I'd like to know is did you pay anything so far?
Speaker 22: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay? How much.
Speaker 22: All of it?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 5: Wait? Wait?
Speaker 4: Why did you pay.
Speaker 5: All of it?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 21: Because he he was going well, he wasn't going fast, but it was getting done, and so I gave him.
Speaker 4: Now does he Here's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: You paid one hundred percent of the estimate, and then how much of the job is done.
Speaker 4: If he gave it a percentage.
Speaker 21: Probably eighty.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now does he acknowledge that eighty percent is done or does he think it's all done?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 21: So I got to text from him yesterday because he had left two ladders here, and he texted.
Speaker 8: Me saying, can I go by and pick up the ladders? So of course they're his.
Speaker 21: I put him out on the side of the house and let him take them, and then he sent me a text saying some I can't remember what his response was, thanks for putting the ladders out, and I could go buy and finish the hour's worth of work for the final inspection.
Speaker 5: How much?
Speaker 1: But okay, this guy only thinks there's a few little items here and there.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, so tell him.
Speaker 21: It says part of the estimate says this money was for city permits, site prep and cement pad installation, new installation of underground plumbing, new framing, structural and rough new roof, new gutters, new garage door and front door and window, new electrical installation.
Speaker 1: See, yeah, you don't have to read the whole thing. Here's let's just cut right to this Deborah, Does this.
Speaker 5: Guy believe that you owe more money?
Speaker 21: No, but he's trying to get so. There was a bow in the roof and my neighbor and I told him there's a bow on this roof. So two days later he comes out with this huge, huge beam and puts it in the garage.
Speaker 8: And now he's trying to get me to pay for that. All right, Number one.
Speaker 5: Problem, we need one.
Speaker 1: We need to have someone. Okay, we need to have someone take a look at this. What's the name of the company.
Speaker 21: Our Amiho Construction, Our Amino, Our Amiho A R M, I J O.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm okay, hold on and we'll come right back to I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: We have more coming up on the Trouble Shooter Show.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent un to your content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Ritta.
Speaker 19: News.
Speaker 12: You need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 23: Come running just.
Speaker 2: As sa as a cam shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Now Tom Martino, Hello, Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Let me remind people where they can call and text. You can always call three oh three Martino twenty four seven three oh three six two seven eight four six six. Have you as you've been doing for years and years and years, and we'll get back to you. I promise you leave him message, leave your phone number if you can, please.
Speaker 4: And then also you.
Speaker 1: Can also text me at five seven seven three nine, which is the short code iHeart puts out and put Tom in the message there it'll come to me and then my Google Voice message. You can you can do direct now. You can leave me a message for.
Speaker 4: The show stuff or for Wave eight Wealth.
Speaker 1: Management if you need any help or have any quick questions there it's seven four seven nine eighty. You can text me there seven four seven nine two eighty. It comes right to my cell phone and welcome. We have Kevin calkin with us at Sharon and Autotech, and we have Jeff Vick camera transmissions, and we're talking about anything to do with your car, of course, and anything else you might have. And we left off with a problem that is pretty common when it comes to construction, and that is a misunderstanding.
Speaker 5: Oh did she hang up?
Speaker 14: We had to go yes, okay, let's keep this. We but we're passing.
Speaker 15: It on to Deputy Doc Good Good.
Speaker 1: I want to recap this problem. She hired a contractor on July eighth with a twenty five thousand dollars approved estimate to do a garage. She paid the entire amount, but only eighty percent of the garage is complete. But the contractor claims it's all done except for a few things. So that's a major disconnect. And he dropped off some kind of beam or support that he wants her to pay for extra because the roof was sagging or something.
Speaker 4: But we'll get to the bottom of that.
Speaker 1: Deputy Doc is working from home today, so we put him down for that. One three zero three seven one three talk seven, one, three, eight, two, five five, And I do have a text here, Tom. When it comes to investments.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: That people have said that cars can be an investment. If you buy the right car, they go up in value. I have, never, by the way, seen that or heard that in my life. Now I know of people, and I know where you're going with this. I know people who say cars are an investment when they're selling them, they're full of crap. Okay, there is actually an investment group that a while back that they are investing in classic cars, holding and selling them, claiming that it was an investment. And then if you belong to this investment group, you got to use it a little. That's a bunch of crap. Okay, just call it what it is. It's a boy toy fund or toys, and maybe not just boy toys.
Speaker 4: But it's it's toys.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have a club that uses toys, But don't call it an investment. I mean, yes, you can buy a car, and there are so many people that bought cars new, you know, like the porthole two seat Thunderbird or the old Corvette, and they put it in a garage.
Speaker 4: But that's not an investment.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's speculative and it can make you money, but it can never make you real money. Okay, guys, can you think of anything at all?
Speaker 9: You know, really just extremely top end stuff, but yeah, nothing common, but.
Speaker 1: Even that, guys, extremely top end. Really can you really say, ever that it's an investment?
Speaker 5: No, I don't think.
Speaker 16: I mean, you know, unless you're buying a junker and then fixing it, then right.
Speaker 5: You almost never get your money out of those projects.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you have celebrity cars like Elvis's Cadillac.
Speaker 4: I mean you can always buy and sell Okay, hey out of profit.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make it necessarily an investment. Okay, So I would say, don't ever get hooked on that. There was actually some guy one time that was telling me he was getting involved in an investment group and they were buying classic cars. Come on, don't please, don't ever do that. Three O three seven to one three talk or three oh three Martino? Now what age group owns most of the stocks and bonds equities?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: Who owns them?
Speaker 1: Did you know that the vast majority of stocks are held.
Speaker 5: By people who are fifty five to sixty nine?
Speaker 1: Now, believe it or not, the group right older than them would be my group seventy and above actually is second, so forty one percent of all investments publicly. You know, we're talking about normal publicly traded investments.
Speaker 4: Forty one percent.
Speaker 1: Owned by fifty five to sixty nine year olds forty one percent and thirty eight percent. Just three percent behind them are the seventy year old and above they own thirty eight percent. So think about that. So from fifty five on up, they account for seventy nine percent of all investments, nearly eighty percent of the entire investment world owned. Or when I say the investment world, the stock exchanges and publicly traded stocks and bonds and equities, and which are stocks and other things? Of course, fifty five on up. Now, people who are forty to fifty four they own sixteen percent, sixteen and those who are up to thirty nine years old only five percent of mark out five pent of the market.
Speaker 4: Now here's what's interesting.
Speaker 1: The people seventy and above have been growing their shares as people fifty five to sixty nine. And I think what that is is, I don't think that group's been growing at shares. I think what's happening is the people who had stuff grew older and kept it. But there is a shift, definitely almost half down those forty to fifty to fifty four.
Speaker 4: Listen to this.
Speaker 1: Back in nineteen ninety those in that group from forty to fifty four, that group owned about thirty some odd percent thirty two percent. Now they own sixteen. They were cut in half on what they own right now when it comes to investments, and I think that's because that group is the one most hit by everyday life and therefore has less discretionary income.
Speaker 4: So this teaches us some lessons.
Speaker 1: First and foremost, try try to get income to invest, but don't ever let it ever fool you. For example, don't bother investing. I'm going to tell you this right now. If you have twenty thirty forty thousand dollars in high interest that, don't even bother investing money until that's paid off. You make more money paying that off than investing every single time.
Speaker 4: Every single time, First.
Speaker 1: You don't have the payments, and then you don't have the accruing interest even though you're not making money in the stock market. Please, you got to pay off high interest debt.
Speaker 4: Offset your high interest debt.
Speaker 1: Then if you have money left, make sure you have money for an emergency if you need it, or be in investments where you can get the money quickly if you need to. Then that can serve the same purpose an emergency fund and investments.
Speaker 4: But don't just invest money.
Speaker 1: So many people ask me Tom, you know, or they say I have this much or that much, and they want to start investing, and I say, wait, wait, wait a minute, wait a minute, what is your debt picture like?
Speaker 5: Or what is this like?
Speaker 1: And I don't do that to be a busy body, but it's logical. You want people that'll look at your whole picture.
Speaker 4: You really do. And that's why I'm.
Speaker 1: So upset with the industry because all they give a damn about is getting your money under management, and they don't care about your life. You need people to care about your entire life. So please keep that in mind when it comes to any kind of investment advice. Now, when it comes to home improvement, we just had this other one, right, she paid one hundred percent of the contract even though it wasn't done. The guy's making progress. She felt good, so she figures, I'm gonna pay for that garage. Don't do it. Don't do it first and foremost. You pay as you go at the very best, but don't pay ahead of time. And god, I mean, contractors have no idea how to manage money. I swear to God, they're one of the worst people when it comes to managing money. So you can call me before you get involved in these projects and we'll help you. Please don't sign a contract where you're putting a giant punk money down or have to pay as you a lot, like when he says a third is done. If you don't know a third is done, you need to protect yourself.
Speaker 4: It is so important.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, Genesis Tootalexteriors dot com a great construction company. They're doing this special right now for interior doors. If you want to upgrade your home, you can put in these new doors that are really beautiful and can upgrade your whole house. He's doing two for one buy one, get one free, and the or fifty percent off.
Speaker 5: You can do anything you want.
Speaker 1: That's Genesis Tootalexteriors dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up. Free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two pain tom Archie three three seven one three top seven one three eight two five five. Okay, somebody wants to know car guys, and if you're just joining us this car day today? Does a catalytic converter cleaner like liquid Mollie do any good on older cats? I never even heard of catalytic converter cleaners.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a bunch of them out there. You know. It's it's kind of hit and miss. It depends on what's wrong.
Speaker 4: Where do you put it to clean it? In the gas tank?
Speaker 5: Gas tank?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it'll supposedly burn off any contaminants that have you know, coated your your catalyst.
Speaker 5: Okay, you so, what do you think Jerry's at fifty to fifty? Yeah, it's a it's a coin toss.
Speaker 4: How about BEG? They make good products. Do they make one?
Speaker 5: No, they don't.
Speaker 1: Ah see BG, they're reliable, so that tells me they don't believe in it. Yep, Shila, you have a twenty twenty one jeep Grand Cherokee.
Speaker 4: What's going on, Shila?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 18: It intermittently.
Speaker 8: I will not start, and I have to shut the whole car down and lights come on when nothing's going. And oh my dealer that I got it from petted.
Speaker 5: Now how intermittent? I mean?
Speaker 4: Is it cold?
Speaker 5: Is it hot? Is it at the beginning of the day, during the day.
Speaker 8: During the day.
Speaker 24: Day before yesterday, three.
Speaker 8: Times from five pm till probably eight it would not start.
Speaker 4: What does it do?
Speaker 18: It It started?
Speaker 8: Just spin spin, spins, and I have to shut the whole car down and retry it and then it'll start up. But yeah, crazy.
Speaker 4: And then once it runs, does it run fine?
Speaker 8: It runs great?
Speaker 1: And have you ever been out at a supermarket or a store and can't get it started?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 8: I have not, because I mean, it won't start the first time.
Speaker 24: Then I have.
Speaker 8: To shut the whole system down and retry it, and then it'll.
Speaker 24: Start back up.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Once it started and run for the day like you right, somewhere the rest of the day is fine.
Speaker 24: Not if I said it down again.
Speaker 18: No, not necessarily.
Speaker 24: It's multiple times of day, all.
Speaker 1: Right, And how long does it have to set before it gives you trouble?
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 18: I really?
Speaker 8: I mean I drive a school bus, so I really can't tell you when I try and start it when I go home at night. Okay, many times it won't start.
Speaker 4: Guys think it could be a number of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you said you had it at a dealer and they've been trying to solve it.
Speaker 8: I've had it back to where I bought it seven times now and they're taking it again.
Speaker 13: On Monday.
Speaker 8: They replaced both the batteries, the auxiliary battery. They've had both my key fobs replaced. They've put something with the fuel system. Last week they put a tim to the center CPM center in it. Took it out of a huge jeep on their lot and put it in it. But you know, sure, and yeah, it's still not making any difference on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just the problem's got to be isolated.
Speaker 9: I mean, if it doesn't start that many times, they should be able to isolate whether it's fuel or spark that you're lacking.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: And if it's cranking, it's not. It's not the starter, no starter, battery, all that stuff's good.
Speaker 8: If it's cranking, yeah, it cranks fine, but it cranks NonStop and just won't kick.
Speaker 1: Over sound either air or fuel, right, Kevin, it's got to be spark or fuel.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's what I mean.
Speaker 8: Sparker.
Speaker 5: Well can it be air? Kevin must like you know master air Flois sort this malfunctioning coure too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but it should be like I said, if you get it to die that often, they should be able to They should.
Speaker 5: Be able to go, They should be able to watch the ball.
Speaker 4: If they throw a code A twenty twenty one, we have a code.
Speaker 5: It may or may not throw a code.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So what do you think it is?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 1: I mean, anything come to mind on these particular vehicles.
Speaker 9: Well, different crank sensors, uh, you know is the first thing with jeep. But yeah, the tip them they already covered.
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Where Sheila, where are you? Where do you hang out most of the time, like with this Jeep? Where do you live?
Speaker 8: I live in Commerce City, I work in North Glint. I drive a school bus for Adam's twelve.
Speaker 4: So it's here, you know what Kevin's up on.
Speaker 1: Kevin's up on Coldfax just west of Brodsworth, just west of Brodsworth. I'll bet you they don't even have to tear into it to figure it out.
Speaker 24: I'll bet well.
Speaker 8: And I've I've also went onto a jeep forum and I understand there's a computer modular in the trunk they and they won't even look at that. And that's what the jeep forum people have the same issues.
Speaker 4: Why won't they look at it?
Speaker 8: Might be this I can't tell you, probably because it's pricey. But I said, you're pullin diamond yourself to death with not digging in, you know, because it's like I said seven times now, they've had it and they're taking it back Monday.
Speaker 1: Well, I I I think you ought to drive by Kevin and uh, Kevin, I'd be interested to know what it is. It's going to be something simple, Sheila, I.
Speaker 5: Could do it, I hope though.
Speaker 9: It could be something we would need the car for a little bit of time, you know, day or two or three. But you know, really, oh yeah, well you got to first, you got to experience the problem. So if she drops it off and it starts and starts and stars. We can't we can't do anything with.
Speaker 8: It, right, right, And that's what they had an issue with. And then they got it to do it and he said, I wasn't getting it back till it was fixed. And the very next day, same thing.
Speaker 5: It could be frustrated.
Speaker 4: Did they charge you for all of this?
Speaker 8: Absolutely not, It's just an inconvenience. I was out of a vehicle the first six times, and I told them, you guys got to get me a loaner because I can't keep doing this.
Speaker 1: By the way, By the way, loaners are a big deal, and and very people are stopping.
Speaker 4: I mean, loaners used to be plentiful.
Speaker 5: They're not doing them much anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, So, right, And there's one there's one thing I discovered recently. I mean maybe a lot of people have known about it. Thank you for calling, Sheila. We're gonna get you you good. Over to Kevin and he'll report to us. But turo t u r O. It's a peer to peer rental. Now a lot of you probably have already done it and know about it. But if you're renting a car, I mean, you can do it for any reason, whether you need a loaner or you're on vacation.
Speaker 4: Uh, this is not a commercial. I just happen to run across it. Toro.
Speaker 1: It's no I guess, like anything, it depends on who you get from, right, because it's peer to peer. But they're all rated, like Uber drivers and lyft drivers. And then I think customers.
Speaker 5: Even get raided.
Speaker 1: So the people renting out cars can see, oh my god, it was a way cheaper, way cheaper. I mean, I can't I don't want to give exact details, but I would say half at least at least half. Now they're not all brands banking new vehicles, but you get to choose with the vehicle you want for the price.
Speaker 5: There you can get into some of the extra cars exactly so.
Speaker 1: But but turo t U r O and and the people are well, I shouldn't say that people are all that. I only dealt with one owner so far. But at the process, I like constant communication. They remind you when your rides are up or your rental period is up. You can communicate through the app, and they even instruct drivers on how to do things seamlessly.
Speaker 5: They almost always.
Speaker 1: Will deliver the car to you at your door and when you want to turn it back. I was able to simply put a lock box on the you know the window. You know, you roll up the window and the lock boxes on the outside, so they can come up.
Speaker 5: And get their key and take off. They don't even want to see you.
Speaker 1: Everything's paid through the app, and then if you and I had a refueling charge, it wasn't much. I mean, you know, it's not ridiculous like so I didn't get a chance to fill it up. So they fill it up and just send you a notice. It's just all friendly and cool.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I imagine they have good owners only because I think that what they probably would do is not have people on there who get complaints, right, I mean to me, I looked at their ratings. They have great ratings. So it's just a good alternative in my opinion. Ran has a question on a twenty twelve Honda. Ran I got to take a break, but we'll get started.
Speaker 5: What's going on with it?
Speaker 25: My question is I drive for Uber and lift it out of twenty twelve Honds, and I want to know if you're guests offers any kind of like comprehensive package that I can bring my car in for to extend the life of the vehicle as much as possible, other than say oil checks.
Speaker 4: How many miles do you put on it a month?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 25: I mean probably ten grands a month? Yeah?
Speaker 4: WHOA, holy ten thousand miles a month?
Speaker 26: WHOA?
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on and we'll come back and answer that. I'm Tom Martine Moore coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven, seven and one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. So brand wants to talk about his UH twenty twelve Honda accord and how to extend the life the fact is it a.
Speaker 4: Twenty twelve rand?
Speaker 5: Or is that what it is hey to having?
Speaker 18: Actually?
Speaker 25: I just did average two miles a month.
Speaker 1: Hold on, she's like ten, so rand your Honda Accord? How many miles on it?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 25: To sixty four?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 4: Did you just say two two.
Speaker 25: Earn sixty four thousand?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 25: Yeah?
Speaker 10: What you wait?
Speaker 1: Wait? Wait you have two hundred sixty four thousand miles on that car?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 5: I mean have you ever done the transmission? Yeah?
Speaker 25: Well I've had the fluid change. Yeah, I do that on a regular basis, and the oil change. But no, I mean, now that the car's getting this many miles on it, I wonder if there's things I'm not considering I need to do.
Speaker 4: You already did it, You already won.
Speaker 5: You already won the race. Man.
Speaker 26: Oh well, you know I.
Speaker 25: Want to get I've talked to other Uber drivers that drive that drive cars that like this, have gotten there are three hundred and sixty thousand miles, and.
Speaker 18: I really just don't.
Speaker 1: Jeff, have you heard of Kevin and Jeff? Have you heard of people doing this?
Speaker 5: Come on, man, yeah, he obviously knows how to take care of his car. That's the biggest thing. But you know, short of at it.
Speaker 9: Is, you know, like BG's and stuff like the MLA and the oil and different things. I mean, there's really not much you can do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just got to stay on top of that maintenance. You can't really get deferred when little problems pick up, you know, you got to take care of those before they become big problems.
Speaker 4: How can he not have done a transmission?
Speaker 5: It's pretty rare at that kind of mind.
Speaker 4: But oh you have I have done it.
Speaker 25: Oh yeah, I do that every thirty thousand miles.
Speaker 5: No, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: We're talking about rebuilding Rand.
Speaker 25: Oh no, no, I've never had a problem with this car. I had to replace the right front axle of course, the brakes, but other than that, it's been perfect.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 25: So I just I know that when it gets that many miles there's got to be some extra things I could do, because I definitely don't want to have to buy another car.
Speaker 1: Well, I hate to break this to you, Ran, but any car in the world's going to have to eventually be replaced.
Speaker 5: I mean, two hundred.
Speaker 1: And sixty four thousand, did you own it from New.
Speaker 25: I bought it with one hundred and ten.
Speaker 1: And who would ever think that he'd have it for another one hundred and ten or more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nothing's guaranteed, but just stay.
Speaker 1: He kept saying, Oh, it's no big deal to Honda. In other words, he expects it. I've never heard of Honda's being that durable.
Speaker 4: Come on, bro, come on, he come.
Speaker 11: On, especially with regular fluid changes like he's mad like he's doing.
Speaker 12: That's critically important.
Speaker 5: But I'm not.
Speaker 11: Surprised to hear of an accord of that generation lasting at least that many times.
Speaker 4: Have you, Kevin and Jeff?
Speaker 9: You agree, Yeah, I've seen him that it's all driver. You know, it's driver owner. He's taking care of and he's driving it like he owns it, not you know, like he rented it.
Speaker 1: Okay, man, that's incredible to me. I'll tell you that right now. It's incredible. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So oil changes, fluid changes, nothing else, right, guys, I mean.
Speaker 9: A little BG and you know, the additives and stuff you know, certainly help.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now.
Speaker 1: We were talking about and get your calls in, by the way, we have a lot of time if you have any car questions. We're talking about the ownership of stocks and how the older people skew higher in ownerships of stocks as opposed to younger people. And there's been also a notable shift on home ownership. Now freewer people unfortunately are able to afford homes, and part of that is because of interest rates. So that's got to change or we're going to have some problems. Home Ownership, I think is one of the things that keeps people working hard and stable, and I think it's a good investment in some cases. Obviously, though, if mortgage rates are too high, it's going to drive people out of the market. So they expect a little adjustment and mortgage rate, but they're not coming down like people thought. The average home price has risen in from two thousand nineteen, so it's around what do you think the average home price is right now in the country. I'd say five ten, four twenty five, pretty close, pretty close.
Speaker 4: Now that's average, not median.
Speaker 1: Median means the same amount above and below average means. It's just all of the houses added together and divided. So that's a pretty high price. Do you remember when a half a million dollar house got you something? And I've actually heard people use the expression, oh, it's only five hundred thousand dollars. Think about where our brain is and our car's going that way? Is there going to be a time? I'm serious, guys, do you think there's a time we're not going to find many cars under fifty grand?
Speaker 26: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we're getting there, wrapping.
Speaker 1: I think we are there now, don't Okay, what about seventy five grand?
Speaker 9: I think we've got a waste to go there. But yeah, they're they're definitely getting expensive.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, incredibly expensive. I'm Tom Martino three O three seven to one three talk. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino, you are troubleshooter THREEO three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: A House committee reported.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is US Department of Health and Human Services. They reported that this committee that was investigating US Department of Health and Human Services, by the way, which will change dramatically under Trump. They spent nine hundred million dollars almost one billion dollars on the we can do this COVID campaign and they claimed very wrong and inaccurate information about the COVID shots, despite FDA stating they had no such evidence. So this campaign went ahead and gave false advertising information on prevention and on what the COVID shot did, misleading the public. This is a new study from a House committee. Of course, it was run by Republicans. In fact, they gave wrong guidelines on masks, social distancing, and on vaccinations. Do you know there are still people today who say, oh.
Speaker 5: You're an anti vaxxer.
Speaker 1: Don't you realize that saved everyone's lives? Or they believe that masking actually did something. There are people today that are still believing the FAUCI lies, the FDA lies, the government lies. And you know what's different now I can say all that without getting dinged by Facebook because mister Zuckerberg used to do it, used to make it his personal mission to keep people off of social media who disagreed with the narrative. Let's all pray, I swear to God that that never happens again, where we can be so brainwashed and so herded as sheep into doing things, and there are still politicians who believes what they did was right and that mandatory jabs or vaccinations were the way to go. People lost, some doctors lost their licenses, some businesses.
Speaker 4: Some people lost their business.
Speaker 1: They lost their professions, their livelihoods, and their jobs because of flawed information. First of all, calling it a vaccination, that's a misnomer right there.
Speaker 4: It's not a vaccinable.
Speaker 5: Because they changed the name of the vaccination according to the dictionary.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, that's true. Well they tried to, but it's a it's a shame. It's a it's a shame. And then well here's what really. You know, there hasn't been any great studies on this, but many health professionals said, we're going to have unexplained consequences. And has anyone noticed, really and truly since COVID the number of drop dead deaths.
Speaker 4: And cardiac events that athletes.
Speaker 1: And young people have just been dying. Has anyone noticed that? And they all, They just say, oh, another one dropped dead. They never make a connection. Of course, the lamestream media won't do it because to this day they pray, they pray to God on their knees for government control and for big Pharma, big farmers their patron saint, and for censorship.
Speaker 4: But thank god we got through that.
Speaker 1: Period, and I'm telling you we can never let it happen again.
Speaker 4: We can never let it happen again.
Speaker 1: Three oh three, seven to one three talk is our number here in the studio. We also have the three through Martino number that brings through three oh three sixty two.
Speaker 5: Seven eight four sixty six.
Speaker 1: Get your calls in for the next hour to go and let's solve some problems, answer questions, and take complaints. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth. Please time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Rip news needed.
Speaker 2: That's who you don't have, come running just as fast as we can. Shoot's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show Now Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: We are here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little easier.
Speaker 5: All you have to do is give us a call and we are here for you.
Speaker 1: This hour brought to you by Wave Eightwealthmanagement dot com. And if you need help at all, questions, no obligations and honest, straightforward answers outside of the industry norms, give me a call three oh three seven seven to one help seven seven one four three five seven.
Speaker 5: You can talk to us personally, that's seven seven to one help. If you leave a message, we will get back to you.
Speaker 4: You can also.
Speaker 5: Go to this website invest with Martino dot com. And of course that's just the name of a website. You're not investing with me.
Speaker 1: We are a registered investment advisor with the Securities Division, and you will be investing in real stuff. Invest with Martino dot COM's just a convenient way to remember that name. This is the industry where there are mostly middlemen not advising you at all. Now, again, if you're a wise person, you do your own I'm not talking to you, and I'm not talking to people who are investing in their own active businesses and entrepreneurial concerns. I'm talking to people who have investment accounts like I did, and one percent of my money is here will be invested along with you.
Speaker 5: So I just got sick and.
Speaker 4: Tired of the industry. I don't know how else to put it.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's just no two ways to put it, and anyone familiar knows what I'm talking about. Too many fees and too many middlemen and not enough people minding the store for you. Hey, Eugene, let's talk. You have a two thousand and six Toyota Tundra. My goodness, guys, is it my impression or are more and more people hanging on to older cars?
Speaker 4: Guys, car guys, what do you think? Yes, no, Kevin, Jeff, but.
Speaker 5: It's been going on longer than you think. I mean, don't get me wrong. Some of the repairs on them. Because of the cost of replacement, people are more incentivized to put some more of these larger repairs into vehicles. But something like an six and that's not exactly spread. I'm surprised to hear about.
Speaker 1: All Right, so I'm gonna talk to Eugene right now. Eugene, go ahead, what's happening.
Speaker 25: Okay.
Speaker 27: I've got this six Tundra that I bought in two thousand and eight at twenty two thousand miles on. I got one hundred and thirty five on it now. And when I bought it, you know, they told me so you never have to change transmission fluid. Listening to you, guys, I think I need to do it, and I was wanting to know what you think about.
Speaker 25: That.
Speaker 27: They recommend that WS Toyota fluid and the only other fluid I find that's compatible that is Vale Lane, and I just wanted to know what he thinks about that, and also if I change it, what uh if I should put it Canada DG transmission.
Speaker 1: Well, guys, let's let's talk in there. Well, so you know how you feel about this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, certainly, there's certainly maintenances, you know, just like any other part of the car.
Speaker 4: I mean they say you never have to a lot of.
Speaker 5: The manufacturers went to this years ago because people inherently don't want to put that kind of money in their cars that we're not a pleasure purchase. So you know, by making things look like they were maintenance free, made the car and w look more attractive, so you buy the car. So but ultimately they're out of warranty by the time these parts are failing, so the manufacturer doesn't care yep. So I mean to do a typical transmission service where you're actually dropping the pan and making sure that there's nothing in there to stop you from doing a service if there's debris of any kind or or there's certain types of debris we expect to see, but if there's an abundant amount, if there's you know, brass filings or something like that to tell you to stop, then you know you want to do it that way as opposed to doing a flush where that's all going to get hidden. As far as the fluids concerned, I mean, there's actually plenty of fluids out there that meet those specs. So I mean, yes, every manufacturer out there is going to have their fluid that they want you putting in the car that they're going they're gonna charge too much for. Uh, you know, our bulk fluid is a semisynthetic that meets that and a multitude of other fluids out there on the market. Okay, so okay, so yes, the transmission service is warranted.
Speaker 27: Okay, But what I did do, since it's kind of a little bit of a process, I just I dropped the fluid out of the transmission, measured what I took out, took the pan off, replace it with a WIS transmission filter, and you know, put the same amount of fluid back in it. And I was just wondering if maybe I need to throw a can of that BG in there or another thing I was thinking about doing is maybe next spring when I changed the oil, is to drop the fluid, just drop the fluid, masure what I take out, and put back in the same amount.
Speaker 5: Again, Well, it's the thing, since you just changed it, I don't know what I'd worry about that for next year. Uh you know, what about every three years or thirty six thousand miles and just stick to that schedule, you know, as far as the BEG is concerned. Yeah, it's a good conditioner. I mean, you're not going to hurt it, that's for sure. There's other products out on the market. The other one that we use is also made by Loopguard. Either one of those would work nice.
Speaker 27: Okay, all right, Well that Eugene, when you trained the pans transmission, how Gene hold on a second?
Speaker 5: Go ahead?
Speaker 11: And Eugene, when you when you did the when you dropped the pan, how many quarts did you get out of it?
Speaker 27: Well? I got like four gallons out of it, or I mean four quarts, I should say in a gallon, So.
Speaker 11: You probably got about a third a third of the fluid out of there. So Kevin and Jeff, what do you think, like, should he shouldn't he just do that a whole bunch more times if.
Speaker 5: The fluid was still in decent shape, and I wouldn't worry about it. You know, some discoloration of the fluid is going to be normal. The red color is literally just a dit that they put in there, so you know what's hitting the ground when you have a leak. But if the food was actually in good shape, then no, I wouldn't bother flushing the rest of it out. Just go start doing regular maintenance. Yeah, because the filter's going to take a lot of the contaminants out. That was the purpose, get the filter in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, thank you for calling three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Let me see I have some texts coming in.
Speaker 1: And by the way, you can text me at five seven seven three nine, which is the iHeart short code.
Speaker 5: You'll get right through.
Speaker 4: Or you can go to my voice my Google voice mail my it's my Google.
Speaker 1: Phone actually goes right to my iPhone forwards to that two seven four seven nine nine nine eighty. Someone says, can you ask the guys what BG forty four k does exactly for a car.
Speaker 9: You put it in your fuel tank and it's a long term cleaner, so the length of that fuel tank and then beyond it'll slowly dissolve, you know, deposits.
Speaker 19: And stuff on your valves and your intakes and fuel injectors. Does it really work? Yes, Okay, it's not magic. I mean if you have major problems, you still do. But it's it's a maintainer. It gets everything clean and keeps it clean.
Speaker 1: Now, somebody else said, what do they care if their if their catalytic converter.
Speaker 5: Works right or not or clean if they clean it or not, why do they care.
Speaker 9: Only for emissions? If you can't pass emissions would be the only reason most people care.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: So in other words, it doesn't really do anything to the drive ability of the car.
Speaker 5: Oh, it most certainly can, yes, and particularly if you're plug because the two sensors are looking for particular readings. And if it's not working properly, you can run too rich or worse, too lean, and you can ruin an engine.
Speaker 1: Now, somebody has said you were talking about rear main seals, and they said that.
Speaker 22: I'm not.
Speaker 4: Let's see, if you don't seat that transmission correctly.
Speaker 5: It will always leak.
Speaker 4: Oh what does that mean? I mean that's that stands to reason. Isn't that obvious?
Speaker 5: It's completely accurate. It rides on the back of the crankshaft.
Speaker 4: It has nothing.
Speaker 1: Wait, so the rear main does not connect between the transmission and the engine.
Speaker 5: It's on the back of the engine. And then you have the flywheel or flex plate, and then and then transmission after that. Okay, pull the transmission to get to it. But it doesn't have anything to do with the transmission. Okay.
Speaker 4: And the next one here has to do with.
Speaker 22: Or is it?
Speaker 4: Oh, then never mind? This is uh, this is about COVID.
Speaker 1: They said, Tom, when you take a home test, I don't know how it's it's it that you have to report it.
Speaker 4: Now do you have to report if you have a positive home down?
Speaker 1: I mean, how the hell would they know? That's what I don't understand. So I don't know if that's true or not. I haven't taken a home I haven't taken a test in so long. I couldn't tell you that. As far as the COVID test goes, I do know if a doctor gives you a test and you're positive, they do report it. It's mandatory. But the home test, I don't see how that can be. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Comerks you got here.
Speaker 1: Three h three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Frank, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: What's going on? Frank?
Speaker 18: I have a bad memory. I cannot remember the thing that you said about three weeks ago of a streaming service. The Comcast is not that good anymore. And there's a streaming service that begins with the words you need and I can't not remember the name they be.
Speaker 4: There's a number now now now streaming.
Speaker 1: There's all Just so you know, when you say streaming service, everything is a streaming service outside of you know, regular channel.
Speaker 5: So so what I meant by Comcast not being so good?
Speaker 1: I would rather you just do broadband with Comcast, or with Sentry Link or with someone else that's just a pipe to bring in the Internet, and then go and get whatever streaming service you want.
Speaker 4: Now, let me explain something.
Speaker 1: Many people when they say streaming service talking about getting the local channels and some live programming in addition to Netflix, Hulu and all of that, and and there are two main competitors, although there are more than that, but two of the main competitors right.
Speaker 4: Now are Hulu Live and YouTube Live.
Speaker 1: So those two, yeah, YouTube and what YouTube does now it's not the regular YouTube although you get through You get to it through YouTube dot Com. But you go to on the side you select YouTube Live and what that is that is a streaming service that allows you to see all of the networks and live programming being presented. You can all but and then in addition to that, if you wanted movies and other things, then you would buy different streaming services just for those things. But YouTube Live, in my opinion, is the best value.
Speaker 24: I think that's the name that I've been looking for YouTube.
Speaker 18: Thank you, tom Hey.
Speaker 11: They're two really nice free services that I use for movies. You might want to check out to be TV. It's totally free. And then I also access free movies on a service called Canopy with a K and they require.
Speaker 4: A library number.
Speaker 1: But hold on when you he wasn't talking about streaming for movies though he was talking about local channels.
Speaker 5: I think I think he was. So why do you know I've seen too b It's on my smart hub and all that.
Speaker 4: Why does how do they do it free?
Speaker 5: Do they have have pree rolls?
Speaker 11: Okay, but my ad blocker works on that, so I don't see ad on two B because my ad blocker filters them out somehow.
Speaker 1: Anyway, if you're looking for though, like, are you looking for a way to see the local channels frank and all of that.
Speaker 18: Yes, I am, because the Comcast camps is getting worse the worst.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very expensive. Yeah, you're still gonna need internet though, remember that.
Speaker 18: Oh yes, that's the that's the problem. Well, good internet's with Comcast.
Speaker 1: You can okay, but you can get just the broadband through Comcast if you want. Now you don't have to take the channels or you don't have to take anything else.
Speaker 4: However, h it may not be a good deal.
Speaker 1: That's why you're gonna want to look at whichever service gives you the best pipe. And that's what we call it. It's a broadband pipe to the Internet. And then whatever you go out and snatch off the Internet is up to you. And as I said, I would recommend YouTube Live.
Speaker 4: It's a good.
Speaker 1: Service and it really or excuse me, it's YouTube TV is what it's called. Thanks Tim, appreciate it. Yeah, it's it's Hulu Live or YouTube TV is what it's called YouTube TV. Okay, and that's the app you want, and it costs I don't know, forty something fifty a month, but it's everything you want. Uh, and you can see all the local network channels and a lot of programming.
Speaker 4: Like Fox and all of those. And then for the other stuff.
Speaker 1: Uh, you just get whatever you want Netflix or Hulu or whatever, or get the free services. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Henry, what's going on with your landlord?
Speaker 5: Henry?
Speaker 24: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 22: Man?
Speaker 5: How you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm doing good? What about you?
Speaker 5: What's going on with the landlord?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 24: Man, Ontino, Man, I ran into this I ran into this person and it's my children's mother.
Speaker 22: And you make a long story short, the landlord is basically undermining all the you know, requirements to actually go along with the renter.
Speaker 1: Now, Henry, let me get this straight. You're calling You're calling for your kid's mom.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I'm and she's here with her.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, all right, so good? So is the landlord taking advantage of her?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, tell me how tell me.
Speaker 22: How See, she didn't. Basically, it was not included into the There was no buying sign or inclusion in regards taking care of her fireplace or the gas, you know, because the fireplace is connected to the gas line. But there was a gas leak that took place in this place, Mark Tom that actually had to be cut off. And she's only been here since May this year, and she's already had properical you know causes that want her to, Okay, leave, Henry.
Speaker 5: Here's what I need to know.
Speaker 4: There was a gas leak. Is the gas only for the fireplace?
Speaker 22: Yeah, this is basically connected to the to the fireplace. And come to learn that she had the same ordeal or problem before you know this, before me and the children's.
Speaker 24: Mother came into this place.
Speaker 22: Okay, at the same thing. She never fixed this gas, She never fixed this fire She never included this, She never included this in her you know lease agreement. And this is one of the you know attractions that one of the reason why you moved in this place in the first place. You cousted the fireplace.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, but maybe okay, here's what I need to know.
Speaker 5: I need to know this, Okay, is does she does she cook with gas as well?
Speaker 4: Or is that different? Is the gas only for the fireplace?
Speaker 22: Only for the fireplace? And boy she got electrical appliances.
Speaker 26: Okay, but it's just for the fireplace and they kind of learn the fireplace needs a new unit, okay, to actually replace you know, all right, hold on a second.
Speaker 4: Let's talk.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about that coming up because because I want to.
Speaker 4: Take this quick break.
Speaker 1: So she moved in or you guys moved in in May and you're already having trouble with the fireplace. That fireplace she knew about before you moved in and you're having a tough time getting it fixed.
Speaker 4: Is I got that right?
Speaker 7: So far?
Speaker 18: So far?
Speaker 5: Are you right? All right?
Speaker 4: Hold on, we'll come right back to I'm Tom Martine.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 4: Find out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 1: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Marchino, your trouble shooter three oh three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Henry, So you.
Speaker 5: Move into this apartment.
Speaker 4: The gas is leaking from the fireplace.
Speaker 5: It wasn't fixed. Keep going, sir, what can we do for you?
Speaker 24: Yes? One of the things I want to say, Tom, was in regards to legal rights or less and it rights in the state of Colorado.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got, you got, But let me just say this, you got way more rights nowadays than you ever had before.
Speaker 24: Keep going, okay, And I'm glad to know that. One of the things that actually, you know, really bothers me is the fact this landlord did not stipulate exactly what would we be actually looking at before we moved in here, when those things should have been included into her contract. Because it wasn't including the contract, and she moved her in here, she had all these problems where her water had to be cut off. We had to basically cut off this and cut off that, and then come to learn they didn't take care of what they were supposed to take care and she said everything was up to date.
Speaker 1: All right. Hold on, now let me talk to you about this. Okay, when you rented this place. When you rented this place, did it have did you see a model or did you see this apartment?
Speaker 22: The model was basically.
Speaker 24: That was this place. But when you came in here, everything was seen by vision by eye.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Now was the fire hold on? Was the fireplace working when you looked at the place to rent it?
Speaker 24: No, sorry, it wasn't.
Speaker 22: Okay, it was not working.
Speaker 17: And beforehand, just to give you just paint a picture for you, you know, Tom, we smelt you know, it smelt real funny in here, okay.
Speaker 24: And make a long story short, come to learn just a couple months back ago and got that fixed. She should have tooken care of it, but she didn't. And come to find out there was two gas leaks that was basically taking place in this house.
Speaker 22: And because you know, all of this was actually taking had to be taken care of. When we was in here, she was basically coming at you know, Okay, she was His mother's name is Twinikadules. She was coming to her with disrespect and kind of all kind of yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Let's get right, let's get right my issue. Let's get right to the issue. And I have to just tell you the truth.
Speaker 5: Truth. When you rent a place and it has a gas fireplace in it.
Speaker 1: And the gas fireplace doesn't work, that it's not necessarily a condition of the lease. In other words, they should probably fix it, right, But I don't think. I don't think you can force it. But at the same time, in other words, you want the gas fireplace working because you like it. I get it, and that was one of the main reasons you rented the place. Now does the landlord say they are willing to fix it.
Speaker 24: No, they said they want They don't want to fix it. They don't think it's basically readily important.
Speaker 5: Okay, it does.
Speaker 24: Like you said, we did discuss the fact that.
Speaker 5: But there has been cases. Let me explain this.
Speaker 1: There have been cases in the past where people rent something with the fireplace in there or with something else in there, and then it doesn't work, and they make the argument that if you showed it with the fireplace in there, then the fireplace has to be operaal But here that's why I asked you. You said the fireplace did not work when you looked at the place. You said that, right, right, Well, then if you knew it didn't work when you rented it, why did you rent it if it was important to you.
Speaker 24: What I was basically going to say was that, okay, let's go back on this, because I will misunderstood what you was saying. Ye, we go back on this.
Speaker 22: We didn't know, Okay, we didn't.
Speaker 24: Know that was not operationable.
Speaker 4: Okay, we got it?
Speaker 5: Not no, got it?
Speaker 24: We did you know before we.
Speaker 12: Moved in it?
Speaker 24: We did not know that fireplace was not operationally Okay.
Speaker 7: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, fine, here here's the best you can do, in my opinion, if she refuses to fix it, and it's important to you, I believe you can make the argument that it was shown and you were misled into thinking I had a fireplace, and now you'd like to get out of the lease.
Speaker 5: How long is the lease for.
Speaker 24: The lease is till next year?
Speaker 1: May I think you can probably I'm not positive, but I think you can probably use it to get out of the lease.
Speaker 4: That's my opinion. But is it that important really between you and me? Is it that important?
Speaker 24: No, see, my thing is this there are other issues that basically came along with that.
Speaker 5: No, Tom, like, okay, well.
Speaker 1: Let me ask let me just ask you straight up. Forget about the gas. Let's just talk about the apartment. Do you guys want out of the apartment? Do you want to get out of it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 22: Okay, you definitely want to get out.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: So bottom line is you want to get out of that apartment. You're you're you guys are sorry you rented it?
Speaker 4: Is that true?
Speaker 18: Exactly?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: Now, next question.
Speaker 1: Did the landlord? Does the landlord know that? Did you ask the landlord if you could get out of it?
Speaker 22: Actually no, not so much as you know in that in that way to actually say we want to get out, that conversation has not actually been brought up yet.
Speaker 5: Okay, you should do that before we get involved.
Speaker 4: Just say, look, we.
Speaker 1: The fireplace isn't working, and there are a few other items wrong. I think the apartment was miss we were misled, and we want to get out of the lease if possible, And can we break the lease and we'll move out? Give her a date or we can work together on us moving out. Uh, and just ask straight up try to do it the friendly way. First, I don't think personally. I don't think personally unless the other defects are really serious. I don't think you're going to get out of the lease unless they let you out. Give me an idea other than the gas fireplace of another item that is kind of pissing you off, another item that you don't like, something wrong.
Speaker 5: Give me an item.
Speaker 24: Let me ask you a question. You know, the person that I mentioned, you know, outside of myself, would like to actually, you know, converse with you. If that's Aposamy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, what's your name?
Speaker 24: And you can actually twenty cados?
Speaker 4: Okay, Tunika?
Speaker 22: Is it.
Speaker 24: Tados?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: I want to talk to her?
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on for a minute, yeah, three oh three, seven to one to three talk seven one three eight two five. We really got to get to the bottom line as to why she wants to leave and if she has a good reason, because if you don't have a good reason, you're not going to get out. Hi, hey, may I ask you a quick question. What do you feel is the most serious problem with the apartment?
Speaker 23: Okay, well, the most serious problem? I mean, I understand I don't know how he went about everything, but I actually I don't. They probably won't consider it seriously because it's coming from a fireplace. And this was all regarding a fireplace, and I was total was a luxury. But when upon moving in, we tried to you know, we tested everything. We noticed the fireplace wasn't working. He said, Oh, my previous tennists never used it. They were family members, of course, he said, but I will fix that before wester months, not knowing that it had a gas leak. So we end up calling Excel Energy that came out.
Speaker 24: They figured out the gas.
Speaker 23: Stik was coming from the main pipe to the fireplace in the furnace. So she did get the The plumber came out and fixed the furthest But since she was aware that Excel Energy turned off the gas to the fireplace, She's now saying, now that I know there's no gas to the fireplace, I'm not gonna worry about fixing the fireplace.
Speaker 5: Okay, now you know?
Speaker 25: Is that?
Speaker 5: Let me ask you something.
Speaker 1: I need to know this, really I need to know this because I don't think Henry said. Henry said, there were some other problems with the apartment. Are there any other problems because the gas fireplace? I'm almost sure is not going to be considered a necessary item or important enough for you to break the lease. Is there any other item that's serious?
Speaker 26: Well, actually, at this time, no, It's okay.
Speaker 5: Here's what I think, here's my true opinion.
Speaker 1: If you want to get out of the apartment, if you want to get out of the lease and move, if you don't like the place, ask them if you can do this in a nice way, in a non confront uh confront a confronting way, non confrontational. Just say, do you think we can get out of the lease? We're sorry, we rented it, we thought we would have a fireplace. We're We're not happy if they won't let you out of the lease. I'm afraid to tell you. I do not believe that you have enough to get out of the lease, and I think that they would try to hold you to it. That's all I can tell you. I just don't think the fireplace. You know, and believe me, there are a lot of renters' rights nowadays, but I'm not. I'm telling you this one. I don't think you'll win the argument. I don't think you can make the argument that this is a necessity and now you need it or you're or or you don't want to rent it anymore.
Speaker 4: I got, I got to take a break. Three oh three seven to one three A two five five.
Speaker 1: So did you know that one one in five adults get their news from influencers on TikTok and YouTube and Instagram and Facebook.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: That's crazy?
Speaker 1: Well, adults are eighteen and over. This is according to the Pure Research Center. I mean, you know, if you think, now, let me say something. I was going to make fun of that, but let's think about it. How much worse is it than MSNBC? Huh Rachel maydou or is that her name?
Speaker 5: And uh? How much?
Speaker 1: How much worse is it than CNN? Think about that, you know, and in some cases Fox, depending on the topic. I think that you can't trust news anywhere. I don't think you can. I really, honest to God, do not believe there is a such thing anymore as unbiased news, really and truly, and I mean that, do you guys think there's any unbiased news. I'd like to do an unbiased news service, but I don't trust myself.
Speaker 5: I don't think you can be completely unbiased, can you? Nope?
Speaker 1: Now here's how we used to slant the news back in the day when I was in TV, and I'm telling you the truth. This is inside information, and I really mean it, and I don't mean it was intentional, although it turned out that way. I mean, excuse me, it could seem it wasn't. It was what we covered, not how we covered it. It truly was what we covered. We would sometimes ignore stories, and I think that in a way as a slant is slanted coverage by what you decide to cover. But when we did cover things, I was called on the carpet. Not as a consumer advocate because that was a different type of reporting, but when I was a news reporter, I was called on the carpet if I didn't have facts, and I didn't. And by the way, I wasn't allowed. I could have never said the false reports or acute what do they say about when when Trump says who who wrongly claims he lost the election?
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 1: We weren't allowed to put modifiers in what people claim. We would just have to say so and so claims or so and so says. We were not allowed to be the ones that were arbiters as to repeated lies or inaccuracies. We weren't allowed to call them lies or inaccuracies. Ever, anyway, I'm Tom Martine.
Speaker 10: Thanks for being here.
Speaker 1: Don't forget Chimera Transmission also shared an Auto Tech and waveeightwealthmanagement dot com.
Speaker 4: Please, folks, save all your problems for me.