Speaker 1: Faces dropped on a freestyle Friday. Things are a little different this morning because of things that have gone on. We're leading off with Bart because we had things happen involving the national team last night. So here's the rundown for the show. Bart's going to be here for the first half hour. Traditionally, we have our friends from Beyond Goals menuring coming on at nine point thirty, but there is a championship game in USL League won this weekend. We have we have broke her to deal with our friends at Union Omaha and if technology works. Lagos Kunga joining us at nine thirty to break down what life has been like for him in USL League One as Union Omaha is chasing after championship. Jessica Charman joining us at ten o'clock to break down everything. Let's see NWSL, USL Super League Colleges MLS because of a team that she is active with no longer being in the playoffs. And then ten thirty will go through news of the day and all this kind of stuff. Now the reason and Alex is saying that you need to get on a blue sky. By the way, apparently you are. You see your own blue skys. He's showing off all right, see soccer for USPOD right there on Blue Sky. The reason that I'm leading off with Bart other than the US M and T. And I told Bart just to kind of come in and crash because something happened yesterday in concer CAF the Nations League outside of the United States, and Bart, I want to bring you in to discuss this. I don't know if you follow Glenn Crooks at all, either on the two hundred and eighty character app or on the Blue Butterfly.
Speaker 2: So we're calling it the butter the blue Butterfly.
Speaker 1: I'm just guessing. You know, hey, it was it looked like a butterfly and it was blue, so that was first thing. So, h Glenn Crook's on the Blue Butterfly. Yesterday he's down in the Caribbean with Stern John and he's in Saint Lucia and uh it is. He's helping them out, Marco Masucci and Stern John for the Saint Lucia men's national team as they get ready for national Nefro Nations League matches. So Glenn's down there, he's thinking everything's gonna be nice and normal, and you know, I'm helping Stern John out and hanging out and all this kind of stuff. Yesterday, apparently at practice, curasal allegedly had two guys with Kurras logos on their apparel and they were caught recording Saint Lucia's training session, and Glenn was there and he's got video of them getting found out. So Curasow hosting Saint Lucia in the Nations League after losing in the last window, and Glenn has video of these two dudes who apparently, allegedly possibly it appears, had a drone like device which you can kind of see in the background as it's being spirited away from the training ground that they were on. Two dudes apparently hanging out shooting video for Cirosow against Saint Lucia. And now apparently Conker CAF is investigating what happened, and Glenn Crook's apparently just lucked into being in the right video place at the right time. John Herdman and Canada had a six point penalty at the Olympics for for similar activity. So the video is there, and if you listen closely to the video that was posted by Glenn Crooks, someone is saying take it down. Literally, someone is saying take it down. So, uh, you know, if you ain't Jeet and you ain't trying. Apparently Nations League does not disappoint outside of the United States. We'll get into them in a second. But hey, Currousale and Saint Lucia.
Speaker 2: Man, yeah, so let me get this right. Curisol and Saint Lucia played already once. Yes, okay, they did not play. They did not play tomorrow, correct today, I should say, I think so, Yeah, they don't because curs I was playing some French colony, Saint Martin. Okay, interesting, okay, oh no, no, they do. They play on Monday.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Oh, then that makes sense. Okay, yeah, hey, look, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: But if you are gonna cheat, maybe don't wear officially branded apparel from the other team. Drones are not the great way, the greatest way.
Speaker 1: To cheat because you kind of get busted, uh knowing that there's a drone there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's Group B or League B. I should say, let's let's find uh so two points ahead of cur Asal in the standings.
Speaker 1: Uh huh yeah, two points ahead, four matches done, two matches to go in the window. The first team obviously moves out and then you end up with green shading, and then I think that goes playing the play in section. And right now Currousu is ranked third in the second place teams that could advance out of Group B if you get into League A playoffs and things like that. So there there's Saint Lucia and Curasle separated by two points the top of Group B. There's something, there's some things in play here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh so Dick, Yeah, they've got they've got to win on Monday.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Curse how has to and curse Ow, by the way, is probably feeling some type of way because they should have been on the up and up compared to where they've been in the past decade, and then now they're not. So the fact that Saint Lucia in League B Group B has the edge on them is probably disconcerting.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. So it did not got decided. Possibly probably, Well, let's put it this way. It appears individuals for Currousel, Uh, we're doing some advanced scouting in a way that they weren't supposed to. And Glenn Crooks was there.
Speaker 2: What a great fine for a journalist like that.
Speaker 1: I'm down here just hanging out and helping out a buddy, and then I'm standing literally on the sideline during practice and dudes on the other side of the fence. You literally turn and Glenn takes his phone and literally turns and there are dudes standing at the top of the stands there wherever they're practicing. O boy, John, I tell you, and get allegedly busted for helping out another country.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow, John Hardman, School of Soccer Preparations Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's opening kickoff by our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. As Bart is sipping his coffee, there's your QR code for those of you who are hanging out with us and watching. However you were doing so either on the two hundred and eighty character app on the YouTube's or on the Twitch. Don't forget used to code soccer down here fifteen at fifteen percent off your purchased they in turn take ten percent reinvested in the Youth Games, Youth Initiative stuff that they think is cool. Broughto's buyer friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com okay last night in front of a crowd announced at twenty five thousand. US Done took care of business, scoring in the fifth minute, Ricardo Peppi winning one nill and hanging on and Jamaica will be without Mason Holegate for the return fixture in Saint Louis because he went double yellow and you wonder what Mason Holgate was thinking picking up that second yellow after he'd had the first one. But one nill Us comes out on top and they everybody flies to Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: Apparently they've touched down safely in Saint Louis, according to Twitter, because USM and T is not on the butterfly app yet. But yeah, look, winning on the road that's all that matters. Yeah, you can talk about how they actually played, you can talk about things that may or may not have been should have been called. Uh, they gotta win, and in this particular format, it's not just about winning. It's the fact that you scored, they didn't score. So you take the one goal aggregate lead back home, you take the one away goal back home with you, and you're sitting pretty uh going into a game in Saint Louis, where you know you have had success before and you feel confident at home in these concacaffeinations league matches.
Speaker 1: When you look at this particular performance and that there were there were moments of angst. Let let let me go ahead and drop a little refing down here in here here, uh Matt Turner and Shamar Nicholson. Let's say you, now that the match is over, let's say you about the uh Matt Turner uh moment early on with Shamar Nicholson.
Speaker 2: Well, it was a foul, It's a penalty cake.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: As I said, it was a lot of guys who quote should have done better, right. It was one of those like Taylor Felman, He's got to be better. There about three of those in a row that end up with a penalty kick. But Matt Turner saves the himself and saves the team with a very good penalty kick save. That was not the easiest penalty of penalties.
Speaker 1: To say, that is a.
Speaker 2: Decent effort, and you know that is the type of heroics that you need from a guy who is still the number one. But I think confidence is waning in Matt Turner or has waned over the past two years. But that was a very that's what you have Matt Turner and goal for you know, if you that is one thing he does very well. I know, I think it was. Paul Carr tweeted out that he's saved three of the eight penalties that he's had against him for the national team. That is wrong. It's actually eight because one of them hit the crossbar and that counts as a save and goalkeeper world you can ask Jessica Sharman when she comes on that is technically a save despite what they say.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know that's what he does.
Speaker 2: He's he's almost at half you know, half the time he's saving a penalty. And at the international level, that's pretty darn good.
Speaker 1: It's damn ridiculous. I mean, when you have that, then you had a couple of and saving penalties.
Speaker 2: By the way, John, saving penalty is in live play much harder than saving penalties at a penalty kicks shoot out because you don't have any you don't get your water bottle, like literally, you know you don't have that. Uh and and in a PK shootout you have way much more time to kind of read a player, and and you know you can miss one and then you got four more so the fact that he saved three out of eight and live play is a pretty darn good.
Speaker 1: Feet, no doubt. And uh so Matt Turner and we go through the ratings as we always traditionally do, to sit there and pick them apart. Matt Turner gets a six. By the end of the night, he did have a couple of key moments and big sits along the way. Joe Scaley, Anthony Robinson, Mark McKenzie, Tim Reim. Scaley got a four along with Jedi. Tim Ring got a five. Mark McKenzie gets a six. On the evening, Let's say you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought McKenzie had a better night than Reem. I think Reim was a curious decision for this particular match. I personally would have gone with Trustee or Robinson, someone who's a little bit more physically fast. Let's just put it that way. Or we're not going to sugarcoat it. They're just faster, they're fleeterer of foot. John. You know, no offense to Tim Reim, He's been great, but you know he's got the Brad Guzanne problem where Yeah, at some point it's just you know, it's harder. Your feet get heavier as you age, so I've learned, and you know, he just needs to you know, he got the job done, but I do think mackenzie was better. Although mackenzie had an interesting first half, but I thought the backline was okay enough. Joe Scalley continues to be a guy who isn't a problem, but isn't a guy that inspires a whole lot of confidence, which is, you know, unfortunate for someone who has been playing now it feels like a decade in the Bundesliga. Yeah, I mean, he obviously not that long, but he's been playing there for quite a long time, and he would expect him to be a little bit more solid defensively than he is. But look, you gotta shut out, so good job defense.
Speaker 1: Yes, So then your midfield started out Musa Testaman, McKinny and Johnny. Johnny exits after the twenty first minute with an injury, replaced by Malick Tillman. Weston McKinny. Soccer America gives him a three Unice Musa Tanner Testament each got sixes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Testaman had a worse night than McKinny, but I also think McKenny it wasn't as good as we would want him to be. Johnny and Testamen were decent together. I think Johnny leaving, we didn't have as much control on the ball, which meant we had less control of the game in total. And that's a little bit on Testament. That's not his game necessarily. He can do it, but that's something that he definitely needs to improve on, whereas Johnny is much more of a get on the ball, tempo setter type dude. But I was really hoping to see something from Tessaman and Johnny, and I think what I saw from Tessaman is that I'd need to see more, and not in a bad way, just I would like to see more of him to be able to make a better conclusion, you know, especially when you're looking right now where Musa is playing as a right midfielder, right winger, some sort of position that was further out wide because we don't have the winger depth. Now we get Tim Waya back in Saint Louis because he'll have served as two game suspension for someone in the back of the head and so we probably won't have the Musa at right wing or whatever in that game. But this is a decent wrinkle to look at as Okay, well, if he's playing there, who else can play in that midfield? And I think Tessaman and Johnny put together a decent enough performance in the twenty minutes to say, okay, this is a solid solution. And without Musa, without even Goo, without Tyler Adams, which you know, especially the later the latter two like who knows that they're ever gonna be healthy again?
Speaker 1: Right? Uh four was up top. Peppi and Polisic each got seven's. Ricardo Peppi, by the way, with his goal, becomes the fourth player to score a dozen national team goals before his twenty second birthday, joining Polisic, Josie Altador and uh don Ovan Landon Donovan. As those four there your subs. Malick Tilman got a five, Busio gets a five, Brandon Vasquez US Open Cup hero Brandon Vasquez gets a four. Alexand and Austin Trusty because of the minutes that they were in got incomplete Spaceically, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's fair to say Vascuaz probably should have had a goal. He had some opportunities as Jamaica was pushing late to put a goal behind Andre Blake.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Thought I thought Tillman did okay. The problem with Tilman was but he was brought in. I don't think I personally, I think if I were to criticize Pachettino, I would have brought Tillman in, moved Musa inside, put Tillman out wide. So your midfield three after the Johnny injury would have been Tessaman, Mussa, McKenny, which is a little bit better of a win the ball, go forward type of midfield. Tillman is not the best ball winner, especially in the midfield. He's a little bit more of a okay, you win the ball and then give it to me type of guy. But he got a good enough positioning there, and then I think they put McKenny back there with Testaman Moore and let Tilman play up top in that midfield formation. So I think he did okay. But that was an interesting thing that I saw Pochettino do that I personally would have changed.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Line up for Jamaica on the day. Andre blaken net Linbakisa Holgate, low Bell Lee, Damari Gray let A Bodier, Palmer Bailey and Nicholson left obvious substitutions in Jamaica. Going down to ten. Uh, you know ten you had two cards for Mason Holegate in a ten minute period, one of the seven six and the second one. You're kind of sitting there going, you know, I get what you were doing. But at the same time, you know there's four minutes left and you're still trying to get an equalizer. And so, yeah, Mason Holgate really handsreings his club in the eighty six minutes.
Speaker 2: I do not think he needed to. I'm trying to go back through the timeline so I can look at it for sure, but yeah, I don't think he needed to.
Speaker 1: Is I think it was a grab on the way by Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: The first foul was just a yeah. I'm trying to think the first foul is just a regular old like, oh, that's a yellow card foul. The second one, for sure where he gets the red card, I don't think he needed to make that particular foul. He had a defender to cover. You know, obviously, if you're looking at it from Jamaica's standpoint, you probably say, hey, we don't want to give up another goal, so I'll take the red card and risk it. But I think that was a little foolish and short sighted of him. But he was beat. You know, that's the thing is he got beat and probably shouldn't have let that happen.
Speaker 1: Yep. Ten shots total both sides, half of those on target, three for the US, two for Jamaica, two saves on each side, three corners for Jamaica compared to one for the US. Twenty five fouls called on the day by the Costa Rican officiating crew. One Gabriel Calldrone, the man in the middle.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought was decent. Last night. There was some chatter on Twitter about him not being good enough. Maybe should have given some yellow cards for persistent infringement. Look, that is a CONCACAF match. I don't think the match got really out of hand from the referees point of view. I think the players got out of hand, and I think he at least tried to calm things down. I mean, I'm trying to think the one that Jedi got the yellow card for, he gave yellow card to both teams after that kurfuffle. Yeah, yeah, he could have been a little bit more proactive, but I thought he actually did a pretty visa job last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Fifty nine percent of the possession went to the United States as well. Before we let you go to start your weekend and have you back on Monday for reffing down here and getting ready for match for a match day number to the return fixture at the Pink Park in st.
Speaker 2: Which has a sponsor now by the way, apparently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is the the Energizer Bunny, and so they don't have to switch the pink texture. And so now instead of it being City Park, it's now Energizer Park, and so they just keep that. They just keep the pink motif. I want to get your thoughts on the Canada soccer situation and now that they have come out with their official findings and you have a priestman, Mander and Lombardi basically done for and now it seems like, uh, the the issue may be closing upon a particular individual who we somewhat referenced at the beginning of this segment.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the obvious solution is to disband Canada soccer. US Soccer absorbs all of that, and now we have Kadeshi Canadan and Ashley Lawrence to play for the US women's national team. Jonathan David pared and you know, we yeah, and then we get we get Davies and David and and and you know, I think that's just the fairest solution out of all of us. No, but in all seriousness, I do wonder, especially because he's coaching for Toronto. Yeah, I think that's gonna be tricky for Canada soccer because you know, it's not like you can say, well, I you know, he fled to New Zealand again. Yeah, he's still in the country. And the fact that he is to this point avoided being truly involved in the investigation is a little bit to me, uh problematic.
Speaker 3: From the investigations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's the people's eyebrow gets raised. Yeah, so yeah, I'll I'll help you out and I'll sit there and whatever you guys need. And uh, then all of a sudden, scheduling issues and quotation marks are the are the problem where John Herdman cannot well schedule.
Speaker 2: He ain't been doing a job for the last month. I got eliminated.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and you know it's like you couldn't take like an early day or something, or have somebody run a practice or there's an off day in there somewhere that's where.
Speaker 2: You go after your office hours, you know something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think video deposition I mean, there are ways.
Speaker 2: Again, I don't think Bev Prieseman came up with this all on her own, because it seems like she felt like this was an inherited piece of the program that was started from John Hrdman. And you know, again, it calls into question not just the women's team's success from before Priestsman then with Priestsman at the twenty twenty slash twenty twenty one Olympics, but also calls into question the the success that Canada soccer on the men's side had during the twenty twenty two qualification cycle where they won, because that matters. Yeah, and you know again reiterates that John, when they got to the World Cup they were the second worst team, you know, and mhm up until also haven't really done anything since then, despite them chirping a whole whole lot, you know, they haven't won Gold Cup. They haven't even made a final of.
Speaker 1: The Gold Cup.
Speaker 2: John, The Canada soccer has not been in a final of the Gold Cup since they won it in two thousand. Right, So I'm not great at math, but by next summer it'll be twenty five years since they've even been in a final. Now, they did make a Nation's League final, but even then it's been USA Mexico and all the finals except for one, you know, two of the three. So again, that's that's kind of where I do question them, right, is you had all the success during qualifying, but when it came down to actually doing it in a real tournament against your your opponents in the region, you haven't really found that success like you claim to have in quality. And that is where I do wonder how much of the drone uh pilots came into play, right, Yeah, So that's uh, that's that's kind of what you're what you're staring at the what do you what you've done with the information on hand? I guess is probably how how do you disseminate what was what was taken and the level of success success they're in?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: All right, So ten o'clock Monday, we'll go through what happened this weekend. We'll get reughing down here, anything else that happened nationally as we get ready for the reverse fixture in Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which you know, I'll say again it should be a win, should be comfortable win. Pochettino got his first road win in Conca calf, which is the same amount of road wins as Greg Borrolhalter has if I could just not trying to diss the man, But you know, I think that Pochettino his mentality was you play to win the game. Yes, and the team played to win the game last night, and I think you saw how they got an early goal and still maintained control of the match for the most part until you know, second half began and Jamaica is playing to you know, with with a little bit more energy and a little bit more determination, which which happens in Conca CAF. I don't know about you, John, but someone needs to go cut that grass.
Speaker 1: But I was gonna mention that, not me.
Speaker 2: I don't I hate yard work, but someone should go cut that grass.
Speaker 1: That was That was a grounds keeper's delight, without question.
Speaker 2: That, like I joked about, that was like when you know dad, Dad was gone for the week on a business trip and he'd be like, Hey, by Friday, I need to cut the grass. And it's Friday morning and I'm like, oh, I haven't cut the grass yet, and so you got to rush out there and cut it. I think someone forgot to cut the grass before this game. I don't know if they forgot to cut it, they just kind of well, look, I think I think the Jamaica team also was hampered by the grass, quite honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, all right, well we'll catch up with you at ten o'clock on Monday morning. Is always great to see my friend. Thanks for the analysis and nothing. Quoting HERM Edwards to wrap up a segment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you play to win the game.
Speaker 1: Exactly, all right, be good, enjoy your coffee. We'll see it Monday. There goes Bart, all right, nine thirty. This is a treat and uh, you've got you've got a club that is hosting a championship game this weekend, and we get to find out about what life is like for a particular individual that those of us here in the the SDH footprint here in the Atlanta area know. We got to see him grow and now he's now he's at Union Omaha, he is. He is a murder owl by trade. Now we're gonna bring in Lagos Kunga to find out what's going on. Lagos. Good morning, my friend, it's been too.
Speaker 5: Long one morning. How are you well?
Speaker 1: Questions for you man, you're the one that's taking up for a championship right now, what's it? What's it like now to T minus won?
Speaker 6: It's I mean, we're just all excited. I mean I'm super excited.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: It's been a it's been a good, good, good year and finally being back in a team setting and playing a whole season, it's just been awesome and just now is I can't wait to just like finish it, finish it strong.
Speaker 5: So I'm excited.
Speaker 1: So for those that don't know the story and how all of this came together, how did you and Los bu host connect? How did this happen where you end up being a part of things with Union Omaha?
Speaker 6: It was last year I didn't I was playing in Libya or the year before, and then some things happened behind the scenes, and there were some cases like with the FIFA and stuff I couldn't I didn't have a club for for about six months. I couldn't sign anywhere, and then I finally joined Des Moines, which is a USL two team, and had a really good season. And then after that season, there was a few teams that reached out and I talked to a few of them, and you know, Omaha was the most attractive especially with the history and stuff. So that's how it came about. So I signed last year around October of last year.
Speaker 1: So and with your time there in Des Moines and USL League two, it's safe to say that Lagos was a menace and we mean that both literally and figure to leave what you did in USL League too. What did you learn about yourself from the time overseas in that six months where you couldn't sign and then finally getting to play in Des Moines. What did you learn about yourself, both on the field and off that you could carry with you as you continued your career.
Speaker 6: I mean what I learned is, you know, like it's I mean, when you don't have a club is very tough. It's very tough to just cause you don't know what's happening. You're just training alone and you're just waiting for that time. So it's it was a very hard time. But I you know, I just what I learned is just like games, you know, playing games and having that game experience is very very important. So that's that's what I'm you know, that's the main thing for me now to just playing games.
Speaker 1: How have you improved when it comes to your game and your style with your time there in Iowa and now in nebrasketion O maha, how have you matured as a player since folks might have had the last chance to see it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think between USL two and USL one, it's like the game is much faster, and that's why I think I got better at that, like decision making and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: So I think that's the main main thing, is the speed.
Speaker 1: How long of an adjustment period was it for you to realize, Okay, I've got to I've got to hit this into a different gear. I can be at one gear in des Moin, but it's a different match and it's a different game entirely there with Union Omaha. How long did it take for you to adjust it was?
Speaker 6: I mean, like I think the first two three sessions it was very tough, you know, I was.
Speaker 5: It was different type of fitness.
Speaker 6: I know, the first two sessions, I was already like I couldn't keep up. And then the coach came up to me and he was like like after training, he was like, hey, let's talk. And then when I heard that, like I was already like in my head like okay, like I probably I don't need the standard like I was already, you know, but he you know, he talked to me.
Speaker 5: He was like, hey, don't don't worry about anything.
Speaker 6: We know what you could do, you know, just go out there and and just you know, have fun, play your game, like this is why we brought you here. And then I think after that conversation, like everything switched, and that's, you know, that's when I start, you know, I started playing and and then obviously the fitness came later and stuff. But I think I'm I'm best when like I'm just I'm just playing and I'm I'm relaxed and stuff. So I think that conversation was very important and I've never really had a coach tell me that.
Speaker 5: So I think that's when everything everything changed.
Speaker 1: What have you learned from Dominic Casciato, the head coach there at Union Omaha this particular season, about yourself, about Omaha and about USL League one. What have you learned this season from him? Specifically?
Speaker 5: He's he's he's he's tough in a way.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: He I think, like right, how football is right now, like you have to adjust and I think that was my biggest thing. And he wasn't like he's not like, Okay, if you're good, you're gonna play. No he he he was, He'll sit and he'll sit you down. And there was a couple of games where I had to sit down because I just, you know, like I just wasn't because I'm playing a different position as well, so I had to I had to adjust, and then I had to do like the off the ball stuff, the fitness stuff, the running back and tracking back and stuff like that. So that that's what I learned, and you know, like that's where that's what I'm gonna take wherever. Whatever comes next is the you know, you have to work hard, you have to you have to run, not just when you have the vault, but you also have to do the other the ugly part.
Speaker 1: So what has this what's this playoff run been like for you guys? It's a USL League one traditionally is one of the tougher leagues out there. I mean literally, if you have a good week, you can go from eight to two. If you have a bad week, you can drop from one to five. What's it been like for you in this really tough league this year?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, for sure, it's been it's been good. You know, we had a lot of we had a lot of ups and down on and off the field. What happened with our teammate, Me Shak and stuff like that. So I think we just go out there and play for him and try to fight for him, and we're trying to make him a champion.
Speaker 5: So we you know, we we're excited for Sunday.
Speaker 1: For those that don't know the story about me Shaq Jerome and where you you guys are are playing for him and his family critically injured in the home explosion two weeks ago. For those that don't know Me Shack as a person, how would you describe who he is and how he is a part of that team there in Omah.
Speaker 6: Oh we all we all love him, and you know, that's my best friend on the team. Like if you see me Shak, you see me, Like in all the photos, it's me and me Shack everywhere like await trips, we're always together. So you know, it really hit me hit home. So because you know that's that's my that's my best friend. So I'm excited to play for him.
Speaker 1: And you the guys, I mean, obviously the entire community has rallied around me Shack because there was a GoFundMe that was out there to try and help the family with expenses and things. For those that don't know Omaha as a soccer community, how would you describe what football, what soccer means to Omaha.
Speaker 6: I mean before coming here, I didn't really know much about the Midwest sports. And you know, I think Omaha is a sports It's a sports country or a sports state, you know, like we get we I think we have one of the best fans, you know, like they always make sure we're we're good, giving us gift bags and.
Speaker 5: Stuff like that.
Speaker 6: So I mean they show out every every week to every game, so it feels you know, it feels good.
Speaker 5: They really are behind this team.
Speaker 6: And I can't wait how many of them going to be out there on Sunday.
Speaker 5: So very excited.
Speaker 1: All right, So now that you've mentioned about Omaha, now that you've kind of gotten used to what life is like there Omaha, what are some of your your favorite hangouts? Where do you get to go? Do you get recognized in town this season? What where do you when you when you got to have logos time? Where do you go and where where do you kind of sit there and have your moments. And do you get recognized there in town because of younion?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: Uh yeah.
Speaker 6: Usually I go to like a coffee shop. I drink a lot of my day, so I would bring my made with me. I started to drink that last year, and I would just hang out at a coffee club or coffee shop. There was before the Richmond game. I was walking to the coffee shop and somebody was like, hey, like, you know, like we're going to be at the game tonight. And I turned around and they were talking to me, and I was like, oh really Like he was like, yeah, like you play for Omaha, right. I was like yeah, yeah, So that was that was pretty cool, you know, And so that's that's cool.
Speaker 5: So you know they people actually pay attention.
Speaker 1: What what makes a good mate?
Speaker 5: The water?
Speaker 1: Because I have to ask because you know Jason Longshore, Jason loves a good mate, and so I've got to you to get your Oh yeah's Jason's a mante guy is and so I've got to ask you so I can prepare the evidence for him. So you said the water makes a good mate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I get my I get the Canari one and the water, So you gotta hold your bottle to make sure it's not too hot, because if it's too hot, then it's not good. So it has to be if you can't hold the bottle for ten seconds without burning yourself, then it's perfect.
Speaker 1: Okay. This is the kind of hard hitting stuff that we have here on the Morning Show. These are these hard hitting questions when it comes to the sport here. You got a championship game coming up. I don't know if you know this, but you got it. You're playing for a title coming up this weekend. What has study Hall been like getting ready for this game? And what kind of the game are you anticipating there?
Speaker 6: I think it's gonna be it's gonna be a fight, for sure. You know, Spokane, they they're they're underdog. I mean they they finished seventh place in the league, and like they beat Colorado, who's very very it's very tough to beat them, especially at their home, as well as on Madison, who it's a Madison is a tough place to play.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I've been there a couple of times and it's it's tough, you know. Uh So, I mean, so it's not gonna be an easy game. I don't think. I think they're they're gonna fight, but we're up for it. You were up for it, I think everybody. You know, I think after the semi final game, like all the nervousness, like when they you know, like when we first started the game, like a couple guys were a couple of us were nervous, and you know, they got a quick goal and then we realize, okay, like you know, we can get back. So I think we're you know, we want to a better start for the game. But yeah, I think it's gonna be It's gonna be a fight, for sure. But I think the boys are ready. I think the last few sessions everybody was locked in, you know.
Speaker 5: So I think I think we're ready.
Speaker 1: I think we're ready for someone who hasn't seen Union Omaha play and they will for the first time Sunday afternoon when they watch a championship game. How would you best describe what coach Dom and everybody does out there? How would you best describe Los Buhos soccer when when everything's going well, How would you describe what you're doing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I think we are possession based team. I think we like to attack. We like to have the ball, but we like to have the ball with purpose. I think the coaches they're very like they pay attention to every single details even I practice, So you know, you can expect I'm very.
Speaker 5: Attacking mind a team for sure.
Speaker 6: We try to get a lot of goals for me, like personally, you know, I'm I like to entertain fans when I have the ball like I like to, you know, take people one on one, dribble, go and run.
Speaker 5: So I think you should expect that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Union a Maha hosting Spokane coming up Sunday afternoon and it is going to be on the Golasso Network on CBS Sports chasing after the title in USL League one. Before you go, I have to ask when it comes to your time here in Atlanta, how would you say your time here helped you grow into the young man that you are today and the professional athlete that you are today. How how did your time growing up here help you where you are now?
Speaker 6: I think when I was in Atlanta, I was I was very young. I didn't I took a lot of things for granted, I feel like I didn't. I wasn't as professional, you know, the little things that I wish I should have done that I didn't do. But you know, like in terms of soccer, like the speed of play, like learning a lot from Tata really helped. I think tactically, I'm very I'm pretty sharp, so I think that helps a lot.
Speaker 5: So but I I enjoyed my time in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Well as always, it's great to see you and great to see you exceed my friend. Good luck to see much after a championship. There at Warner Park, two o'clock Sunday afternoon, Glossal Network. It is Union O Mahado's Boos the murder out. Lagos, be safe, my friend, be well, have a great game. We'll see you on the flip side. Okay, don't be a strange.
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me so, thank you so much. I enjoyed it. Hope to do this again.
Speaker 1: Some you got it. You got red carpet anytime. That's logo everybody. So Lagos is going to go get mate now and he's going to do his thing. And once again, thanks to William Clark and our friends at Union Omaha for making that happen on short notice, especially during during a practice week chasing after a championship. But yeah, the big story In addition to what's been going on there with the success for Union Omaha has been the story of me Shack Jerome and so critically injured in the home explosion two weeks ago. And there's a go fund me out there if you should feel so inclined to help the family with expenses. But playing for me Shaq, playing with Me Shack, and you got to hear what kind of relationship Lagos has with Me Shack Jerome. So they're playing with an additional purpose. They're in omahas they're chasing after a championship in USL League one. So thanks to our friends there in Omaha for orchestrating this probably before practice this morning, so very very cool, and thanks to like I said, thanks to way Clark and everybody there in Omaha for giving us the chance to catch up with Lagos on short notice and to see what's what's going on there as they're going to play for a title on Sunday afternoon. Okay, good morning everybody. Now that we've got a chance to kind of catch our breath a little bit, Jessica Charman joining us at the top of the hour, and we got a lot of stuff to talk about with Jess, it is NWSL, It's the USL Sjupi League, it is colleges because I think Jess will be busy in the college ranks, and also what's going on in Major League Soccer. And then we'll put a bowl on the week and get you ready for the weekend with anything and everything going on that you might have missed out on Nations League, in concer cap, you've got what's going on in Europe with international play. Steian Gregorson got a couple of minutes yesterday for the Norwegian national team, and so Stean is getting minutes and he's logging that in as well. So we'll go back and recap everything as we go. So good morning, Alex morning, Harry morning, Jordan, Morning, Scherif and morning four Card morning, tom morning, David, morning Derek, and there you go. So morning to all of you. However you are accessing us this morning, I was doing some research myself and it is oh okay, So Jess wishes to push for Monday, So yeah, Jess can push to Monday. So all right, So Jessica Chrman is pushing to Monday. So Jess will be here Monday and we will figure out a time for a jess to hang out and join us because there's a lot of stuff to talk about. So we'll talk about what happened and so yeah, literally just just texted me, so so we will orchestrate things on Monday with jess. So there we go. So Jessica Charman pushing to Monday. It's the beauty of live, live media, live radio, live TV, whatever you want to call it. So bart is on Blue Sky. I had to do that digging myself. So yes, sure e flashbacking to another similar CONCA CAF incident. Well another major tournament incident, yes, and so yes, and in shootouts you don't have to worry about spilling and rebounds and those kinds of things. But yeah, you have Matt Turner who is four for eight when it comes to penalty kick save opportunities. Very very cool stuff morning, everybody. So David was hoping that Saint Louis would get a Saint Louis sponsor. That sounded a little like Casey like Casey, like Enter and Co in Orlando. So if Saint Louis, if Saint Louis were to get something Enter and Co ish in like in Central Florida, who would it be, Yeah, you pop the top on Budweiser Park something like that. I don't know. That'll be the thinking cap question for for for us this morning, okay, So that'll be the thinking cap question if it was if it was something more Middle Florida ish when it came to a stadium. And by the way, speaking of Middle Florida, we're booking our stuff and it's going to be yet another SDH invasion down next weekend next Sunday in Middle Florida, so we'll see, we'll see all of you there that get to make the trip down there as well. So yeah, we'll be down there, and I think we'll be down there starting Saturday late because we've got Academy soccer and we've got to navigate that before we all hop on planes and head south. So not next month, not this Monday coming up, but the Monday after the game in Middle Florida, that Monday's show. So you're having me do math on a morning, okay. So the twenty fifth, the twenty fifth, the morning show will be from Orlando, probably be from some business room or something like that, or a hotel room or something like that. So the morning show will be from Orlando on the twenty fifth, because MCO does not really have late flights like they do here in Atlanta. So I was trying to figure out if there would be away where I could leave late Sunday night after the match, and didn't happen, like literally, like the last flight out is I think seven thirty or eight on a Sunday night. And that's even with all of the high fallutin. That's all, with all of the high fallutin airlines that fly in and out of Middle Florida, there's no real such thing as a late night flight out of MCO. So I'm staying Sunday night. So the morning show on the twenty fifth will be from Middle Florida and we will discuss what's going on with the Purple team, and we'll do that on the twenty fifth, So the twenty fifth will be down there for the match, and starting on the twenty third, will be down there for the match on the twenty fourth. Morning show will be down from Middle Florida on the twenty fifth, before we up on planes late night or late afternoon on Monday the twenty fifth, before we come back to see what's going on in this particular part of the planet. Derek talking about Team Canada fail, well, failed hockey players who I don't know how many of them have actually played hockey. It'd be an interesting question how many of them grew up playing hockey, how many of them just stuck to what was going on with what was going on just on the soccer pitch. So we'll get into that, all right. So we've got to go through all of the news and everything. Since we were in the lower divisions. Let's focus on lower divisions and let you know what's going on in that and in international play and all that kind of stuff. Yesterday in Conca cap just so you know, USA was a minus one oh nine on the road at Jamaica. Jamaica was a plus three to zero one draw was a plus two thirty one. The US got to win. And we'll go over standings in a bit. El Salvador beat bon Air one. Neil bon Air, if I remember correctly, had the thirty nine year old keeper who was not the most svelt individual, and there were photos circling around that Bonnier's keepers thirty nine years old, they were plus seventeen hundred and they lose one. Nill hosting El Salvador in the play in positions believes beat French Guiana to one at a plus one fifty four. Panama beat Costa Rica one nil at a plus two h two, So a big road win for Panama yesterday. Today you've got a couple of different things. Saint Lucia, Grenada and it's Grenada on the roads of plus one thirty three, the Caymans and guadal Guadaloupa minus twenty five hundred by the way, going up against the Cayman Islands. League B kirasaua minus seven to fourteen at Saint Martin, Haiti a minus five thousand at Sint Martin at a plus twenty eight hundred. Barbados hosting Guyana at a minus one forty five. League A Playoffs Canada at Sir and Am at a minus one seventy nine. We probably should catch up with our friend Christian Jack and find out how things are going in Canada. Sir and Am north of plus four hundred. Honduras in Mexico, that is, at nine o'clock tonight, available on networks of of choice. Mexico going to Honduras at a minus one thirty Honduras at a plus three thirty and League B Puerto Rico at home minus five fifty six hosting Aruba, who's plus nine point eighty. League B Bermuda is minus two thirty eight hosting both Antiga and Barbuda, like William and Mary, Antiga and Barbuda to plus five sixty. Dominican Republican min is three twenty three on the road at Dominica, who is at plus six eighty five in the composite, And we even have an early number on USA in Jamaica they are at a minus two point fifty, meaning the United States hosting Jamaica Jamaica once again without Mason Holgate for the return fixture at the Pink Park on Monday, Monday at eight Eastern times. So it's probably like eight ten or something like that. So minus two fifty and a plus five seventy five for Jamaica. David with a couple of good suggestions, Casey Masterpiece stadium. But now all right, so would the people in Saint Louis get mad if you was calling it Casey Masterpiece? Would the territorial elements that are attached to that? Would that draw some ire of some folks at the Pink Park, Because well right now, it's pink. I don't know it was. Well, it was kind of pink when it was City Park too, So would they get mad in Saint Louis if it was called Casey Masterpiece if it was a masterpiece in Kansas City? Now that and we do have some roster moves from some teams yesterday that were interesting that we'll get into from Major League Soccer, because once you're eliminated, then you get to announce folks that aren't going to be around anymore. So Sportsman's Warehouse Park, well, if you well, David brings up some points. If the stadium was in Kansas City and Children's Mercy or the stadium that could hold a sporting Kansas City too for MLS next pro if they were looking for a sponsor, could you call it a case Masterpiece. I think that would be kind of funny. I think that would be appropriate at the k C Masterpiece Stadium, where the stadium is a masterpiece in Kansas City. I think that would fit. And then Sportsman's Warehouse Park, if it looked like a warehouse, you could just call it Sportsman's Warehouse. Although I think that folks might kind of take iyre to it. Yeah, this is not a warehouse. I mean, if it was a warehouse, you'd have probably have to have a roof on it or something so that. Yeah, Derek admits Casey Masterpiece would go over like a lead balloon in Saint Louis. Yes, in Kansas City not so much. But if the stadium was a masterpiece in Kansas City and you had Casey Masterpiece that was there, I think that you could have the you could have the elements attached to it. So now that keep them coming. We'll keep talking about standings by the way in CONCACAF before we leave conky CAF. Today, the League A playoffs once again. Quarterfinals. Panama beat Costa Rica one nil. USA beat Jamaica. So we're waiting for Canada, sir and Am, Mexico and Honduras. With how things were there, you're looking at Group A and Group B with everyone that had advanced forward, Costa Rica, Cernam, Jamaica and Honduras through the four matches that were there. League B. Just so we know and remember, you win, you have the chance to get into Group A. Then you have to be then you have to survive as one of the four second place teams that are attached to it as well. The four winners and the four second place teams. El salvad are currently leading Group A, two points ahead of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, so that's not a fair fight Saint Lucia and Kiris. We talked about that in Group B, with the chaos that's going on that Glenn Crooks got to see yesterday. He's helping out his buddy Stern John and it's on his two hundred and eighty character app account the video or they're like take it down. Literally, they're telling the guys from Kurrasl led by Dick Advacott, who take it down. That's where you are. Group C. Haiti is six points ahead of everybody else. Puerto Rico is second in the group. Haiti has run the table. They've won the first four and their goal differences at a plus thirteen. Of course, when you're playing St. Martin and Aruba in Group C and it's really just Haiti and Puerto Rico, then that's what you're anticipating. A big number being put up by Haiti and Puerto Rico in that group. Group D Dominican Republic has also put up big numbers. They have run the floor in their first four Bermuda with a shock loss to Dominica to start group play has Bermuda at nine points, safely in second with two matches to go, and Dominica right now at three points. Antigua and Barbuda look looking like the last and the last team in each of the groups get sent down to group to League C. So League B winners have a chance to go up, as do the second place teams, but the ones who finish last in their groups drop to League C, which currently are Montserrat, Saint Martin, Aruba, and Antigua and Barbuda. So that's what League B looks like League C. Just so we have it. It is a handful of teams. It's three groups of three Barbados, Bahamas. Barbados has run the table in Group A and it is Bahamas in second, Belie and Anguilla they are one and two in Group B, Group C Saint Kitts and Nevis and the Caymans with the British Virgin Islands not winning a match, and then the ranking of the second place teams the Caymans and goal difference with the Bahamas and Anguilla. So that's what you're looking at in there and then in the play in round, rich Ran has a note about Sporting Kansas City too. Benny Fayle Harbor was not renewed, so Saint Kitts and Navis in the final. In the play in they advanced Belize in the play and they advanced Guiana, Barbados, Guadaloup and the Caymans. We are waiting for those, so news from rich since we are now at the top of the hour. As a part of the roster moves yesterday that were made, Benny fail Harbor not returning as Sporting Kansas City two's head coach in twenty five, So Sporting Kansas City two made that move yesterday. In Major League Soccer, once again you have teams making roster decisions and news and things like that. So with all of the with all of the news, you end up with Austin signing Danny Pereira to a contract extension, Minnesota United transferring MI Kyle Marcus Devastadas a s K. We mentioned Diego Charrah and his contract extension in one So Sporting Kansas City moves on from Johnny Russell and Tim Melia end of season roster moves, confirming that Andrea Ufontas and Remy Voltaire, among others, are leaving the club, both out of contract. Russell and Melia two wins in their first sixteen Sporting never recovered, finishing next to last thirty one points in the Western Conference, missing out on the playoffs second time in three years. So that comes a year after Sporting moves on from Zusie and Roger Espinosa. And so now the key questions in Kansas City will come from a chief soccer officer and manager, Peter Urmes. What are you going to do in the off season? How are you going to how are you going to fix what's going on in the off season. Johnny Russell signed from Darby County ahead of the twenty eighteen season. Two time club in v twenty two, third all time leading scorer across all comps sixty seven goals, thirty four years old, name club captain in twenty twenty one, nineteen twenty one, twenty twenty one, after Matt Beaesler's departure. Tim Milia. By the way, you want to talk about someone who is insane when it comes to saving penalties, Tim Millia is that guy. Sportings all time goalkeeping leader in regular season appearances with two hundred and sixty saves at seven hundred and fifty two shutouts at sixty nine. Nice Milia helped them win Open Cups in fifteen and seventeen, Player of the Tournament in twenty seventeen, earning MLS Goalkeeper of the Year best eleven in twenty seventeen as well. Thirty eight year old Millia legendary penalty kicked shootout performer, going a perfect five for five and seven for seven throughout his career in playoff deciders. Seventeen penalty saves in the regular season, seventeen in the regular season. That's an insane number, the most in Major League Soccer since twenty fifteen. And we welcome in Nickolefy for our number two. Nikolefy, what is up in your mind sir as we go this morning?
Speaker 7: Oh no, man, I'm just here. I'm trying to survive.
Speaker 1: As we all are. It was an interesting first hour. We had bark Keeler dropping by to discuss what happened with the US M and T and their win on a how do we best phrase this? A surface that needed some serious manicuring. I guess is probably the best way to phrase it last night playing in Jamaica. I'm guessing that they gave the grounds crew the week off considering the growth of that turf and the growth of that grass in Jamaica. In the end, the US ends up getting the one nil win, But yeah, it was. When you're in these situations, you're gonna do whatever you think benefits you. And if that means grow in the grass to slow down the United States, it ends up slowing you down as well. But yeah, that that surface needed some manicuate.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look, it was a win, right, yeah, okay, all right, yeah, yeah these if it's one zero and it's not the dominating, crazy performance you wanted, then I get it. There's gonna be some kind of hand ringing going on. Oh man, you know, how are we going to do this against Belgium or Germany or France or But these are also the wins that you can hang your hat on later, right when when, because you will end up playing a very good team on a very bad surface down the road. And now you can walk into the locker room say, fellas, remember what, Jamaica, We've done this before. There's and it's easier to get your mind back into that sort of peak performance state. You don't have to there's no distraction at that point. So that's what these wins do. So it's it's okay to you know, not have a you know, this sort of doomsday mentality. What I know, I know it's crazy, but it's okay, it's one zero, it's fine, no big deal.
Speaker 3: All as well.
Speaker 1: You're you're not you're not running into the you're not running into the the the darkness at the rear of the set and going what what's going on here? What's going wrong? It's not like Kevin and Home alone up and down the staircase.
Speaker 7: No, No, I'm not. I'm not. I'm not worried about it at all. I mean, it's it really is a you know, if right now you're building chemistry, right now, you are building mentality for twenty six. That's all you're doing. You don't have to worry about qualifying. All you're doing is just building a level of cohesion amongst all the different levels of your player pool, and you are building confidence going into twenty six, which is no matter what surface, no matter what temperature, no matter the weather, climate doesn't matter, means nothing, no factor. Right, That's that's the two words that they are trying to build within this program right now. No factor and so you know all that matters is eleven v eleven and get the win. Just win baby, It's Al Davis time exactly.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, hmm, A point was made by Alex Passin in the twitch pitch.
Speaker 7: An excellent point, might I add in.
Speaker 1: A one nil win in League A in UAPHA Nations League yesterday, m Italy mm quoting our bestest buddy and favorite big toast Sergeant Hulka. Italy at a plus one seventy seven, a slight road dog at Belgium gets a one nil win in League A and Sandro Tonali was the individual who scored said goal for Italy in their win in League A yesterday.
Speaker 7: My boy, Sandro, you know what I'm saying. Look for some reason that is beyond me. UEFA and FIFA have an affection for Belgium that makes no sense. They make it makes no sense, and their fascination with losers is unbecoming of such two prestigious organizations as UEFA and FIFA. Y, you know, their fascination with significant talent with very little delivery is uh is it's It's just fascinating to me. It's it's interesting that Belgium gets so much love because yet again Belgium proves that they are a group of individuals who cannot pull it together. They just don't. They have all the drama of France, uh, with none of the results. And that's a that's a bad kitchen, right, that's a bad kitchen. If you can't if you get all the drama none of the results, you're not cooking anything.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, if you're if you're if you're cooking in a kitchen and you've got the recipe there in front of you, and if you uh, for for for some reason or another, if the if the meal doesn't come out right, then isn't that on the chef?
Speaker 2: I mean? Uh?
Speaker 7: And if you go into the stats, right, so we go into the wonderful world of stats here, it was largely, you know, outside of passes, a pretty even game, right, I mean, shots were eleven each shots on target four for Italy, three for Belgium. Possession was fifty four forty six, Italy passes five forty seven to four sixty two. Italy pass accuracy eighty six eighty four Italy. The fouls nine and eight, and then Italy with nine and then yellow cards three for Belgium, two for Italy and then off sides though four for Italy, and I have no problem with that level of off sides because that just tells me that you know, you are you're being very progressive in you know what you're trying to do in the attacking phase, like you know, that's timing. A lot of that's timing, and that's that gets sorted seven corners to one. You know for Belgium. Belgium had seven corners. You're not able to make anything of it. That is, that's a bit wacky in my opinion. But if you go to the standings, you know, look at the goal scoring, right, Italy is leading this group with twelve goals scored. They're the only double digit scoring team going. They have five goals allowed. Right defensively stout Belgium only six goals forced. And that's the thing about Belgium is that they have they have attacking talent, right, they cannot put it together. And this is nothing new and for any news organizations sports talk podcast that looks at Belgium and says, well, Belgium should walk away with this all you're doing is you're just roster reading, like you're telling me you don't watch any games with Belgium, that you don't watch anything with them. Historically, it's all the same thing. It's Belgium non stop. That this is the Belgian Golden generation, that golden of what like fools gold pyrite, it's the pyrite generation of of soccer. I I don't I'm tired of hearing about how Belgium has this great insane level of talent.
Speaker 1: They had this great insane level of talent nick.
Speaker 7: But that they do nothing with it, nothing with it. So why are they still ranked? Why are they still ranked above Italy? Why are they still ranked above uh? You know people who I don't know have won a tournament uh in like the past two cycles. That's it's it's crazy to me.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, but I'm.
Speaker 7: Glad that Alex and I get to share the joys of Tonali. I'm very sad he's still not in red and black. Hopefully one day we can rectify that. However, at the moment, as long as he is performing well for Alex and performing well from Mayozuri, then the mayor joyous times continue.
Speaker 1: Yes, a couple of other stories attached to that particular group to start things off. Actually, police broke up clashes, and once again, when you have more than one writer on a story, that's not necessarily a good byeline to have. Tom Morgan Peter Allen from the Telegraph headline, Police break up ugly clashes involving Israel and France. Fans supporters involved in fights in the standsman fierce protests outside the stadium over Israel being allowed to play. Article outside the Sotude de France. A fearsome police presence surrounded pro Palestinian demonstration. Skirmishes erupted in the stands. During the match. Fans wearing Israel flags were involved in confrontations broken up by undercover French officers, although it was not immediately clear whether they were fighting pro Palestine protesters. However, videos post on social media showed scores of fans fleeing from the trouble in the stands. Only a small group of opposing fans appeared to be directly involved in confrontations. However, one man in particular being incensed and shouting in the direction of Israel supporters, fighting quickly broken up by officers. Reporters on the ground said skirmishes were fleeting. One israel fan, who asked not to be named, said he was in Paris on an organized visit and had recently been fighting with the IDF and Lebanon quote. I've come along to the game to enjoy the football and I'm sorry there's so much tension between the two sets of supporters. I have no interest in getting involved in fighting in France. There's plenty ongoing back home. So that was part of that. And then the English fans apparently were mad that they were being treated the way that they were being treated before the Greek the match against Greece, and apparently they were none too happy. They treat us like animals. England fans complain about Greek riot police. I'll bringing in Jarrett here for the last hour as well. But yeah, apparently the Mike McGrath in Athens and Ben rumsby Athens meaning Greece not Georgia. They got a different set of issues this weekend with Tennessee Mike McGrath and Ben rumsby the FA and Football Supporters Association of launched investigations after England fans say they were quote lucky end quote to avoid a disaster after allegedly receiving quote unnecessary treatment from Greek police. Testimonies on social media to tell how some of the thirty five hundred traveling fans struggled to get inside the Olympic Stadium in Athens before England's three nil win over Greece in Nations League. Police and riot clothing with shields and batons marshaled out the supporters as they queued to get into the seventy thousand sellout, many not getting into the stadium before the kickoff at nine to forty five local time. Some have complained about the use of tear gas and say fans were pushed as they were cued. If a spokesperson came out, we were aware that some of our fans had a difficult experience. This is an under sell. We are aware that some of our fans had a difficult experience outside the ground and they're obtaining more information on exactly what happened. So then you had free Lions fans embassy posting on the two hundred and eighty character app. There's videos about a lot of cues. More fans shared claims of being pushed and receiving heavy handed treatment from Greek police. Outside the stadium. Footage on social media showing fans crowded into a small area as they attempted to get into the match. Others suggested there were only two toilets for the away end and they were located outside the stadium. Jude Bellingham was targeted by supporters with a green laser green light shone on him from the stands when he touched the ball, and there is video of There are stills of that. Bellingham hoped to open the scoring with a pass to Olie Watkins and the seventh then it noticeable that Bellingham had a green light pointed toward his face and the body when he touched the ball and also after an early booking for dissent. So once again, nothing changes. The more things the more things go down the timeline, the less it changes, gentlemen. So once again, you're you're in Nations League play and things like this continue to happen. So Hi Jerrett, good morning morning, Nick. Dive in at any point, you know.
Speaker 8: The real trick with this kind of thing, first of all is the fact that Europe likes to tell everybody how much better they got it for soccer when they have.
Speaker 3: All this craft go on You're not better than everyone. You're just European.
Speaker 8: You just have better mass transit, and some of your countries have better ideas on how to take care of people in a social setting. Also, the real challenge with this is never that it happens, it's that can you discuss it without being almost cartoonishly racist?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know if that's the case.
Speaker 7: Well, and here's another thing is that I don't understand why the English supporters are so shocked and amazed that they get treated this way everywhere they go, because everywhere they go there's problems, even in their own home country. Do we remember the Euro Final where they storm their own freaking stadium, beat up their own stadium's security and broke down doors and tore the place apart. I I mean, you act like that in your own house, you know, why should I think that you won't come to my house and act the same way. So I understand that there are good English fans, good and proper English fans who are showing up with their vegemite and their whatever beans and toast and having just a you know, watching a proper game of foot. I get it. But the problem is is that the douche canoes of your of your fan base are so loud and so stupid. Yeah, and then they complain NonStop about everything, and then they continuously antagonize other supporter groups. That what we what we expect? Yeah, I mean, you know, Germany's come a very long way from from the bombers. You know, the blitz is over. You know, the Blitz is over. Guys, Churchill's gone. We don't have to worry about singing about German bombers anymore. You know, we can move on and you know, maybe not tear your own place apart because Thatcher's gone too, right, So you know that the crazy repression, You don't have to worry about any of that. Just it's okay to show up and be chill and watch a game and go and have some fun.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know about that. I don't don't I don't know if you can actually have those kinds of things.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's levels to the antics that people do, because like, you get this, but you got I think.
Speaker 3: For me, it's just the lack of true absurdity.
Speaker 8: Like Como Ball and Conka Calf will have issues like this as well, where fans are mistreated and.
Speaker 3: It's not okay.
Speaker 8: Ever, English, It's it's not okay the mistreat people like you. In a perfect world, you'd like everyone to have a like a safe space to watch the game. But it seems like this is just what they what they have going on, whereas in South America they have this, but then you also get things like throwing a pig head on the field or dislodging a toilet and throwing a toilet on the field, and there's just a little level of absurdity that doesn't exist as frequently in Europe that they're missing. It's it's kind of like somebody made eggs and they just didn't put the spices on them to make them breathing enough.
Speaker 1: Oh man ay yeah yeah yeah. Ye oh.
Speaker 7: By the way, thank you David for your for your kind comments. And uh and work hard. How you doing, boss, You're doing all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I'm thinking.
Speaker 7: But you know, and I know that nobody wants to touch France Israel with a twenty foot pole, and you know, because it's Chernobyl radioactive. But it's I think it goes to what's happening largely at a worldwide level. This Mike concerns me about sports, and that is that sports used to be, you know, a distraction, you know, whether it was Bread and Circus or you know, hey, look we're just here to take your mind off of things for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: You know, I've seen in very recently how sports can be used to the positive, and especially down in South Georgia, you know, where you have essentially what a place that looks like a war zone, where people were able to come together and and have a tiny bit of normalcy for a little while. But I've also seen where sports are now being used as your megaphone, that's now being used as an extension of your rage, and because you have no other outlook for it, you know, and you don't feel like you're being heard by anyone else, so let's just go turn our sporting event into an extension of my rage. That is the concerning thing for me, you know, and because it the world has shown me that it's only gonna get dumber, you know, like it's it's only going to get far more ignorant. It is. It's something where we are as a as humanity or going that we're gonna have to figure out what to do with our rage, and we're going to have to figure out how to do it in a non nuclear way. We're going to have to figure out how to do it in a way that does not involve dead kids. We're going to have to figure out a way to do it that doesn't involve, uh, you know, concert goers being massacred. We're going to have to do it in a way that doesn't involve people climbing fences and smashing security guards to try to get a seat to watch a game. We're going to have to figure out a whole bunch of stuff, humanity. We kind of need to get off, you know, the household chemicals that were ingesting recreationally to get ourselves sorted and figure out how to, I don't know, hate each other for the right reasons, you know, hate each other because you're wearing a Juventus kit. You know, I think that's.
Speaker 3: We used to have a way to address this. It was called mal arcides.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, like I you know, we used to do this at uh like the Mortal Kombat too, uh, you know game at the arcade. We would like I'll just take all your money and then I'll whoop see you in the corner until you get absolutely enraged and leave the arcade.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 7: There were there were peaceful ways of handling this. That's still enriched me. But I don't know, man, I have I have a number of concerns about where we are right now and and how we address rage. And you know, like I enjoyed trash talking Juventus, there's some people who I care about deeply who are Uve fans. I'm convinced that they have been huffing draino for a few years. That doesn't mean I hate them that, you know, I do question their recreational activities. You know, inter fans, same thing. You know, I don't. I don't know what you're doing. Maybe you've been trying to put raid all over your house and you're kind of getting buzzed off of the the bug sprit. I have no idea, but we can. We can do these things without you know, being absolute, uh, you know, morons to each other.
Speaker 8: I don't know, uh, speaking the international one, this is one of the reasons I hate the international break because we literally we cannot go.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't know if we can go an international break without some somebody on this God forsaken planet doing something stupid. Look a federation, Yeah, and it look you're always gonna be kind of playing wid loaded dice because so many of these federations are like Dudley do write, cartoon level corrupt. Yeah, so you're always gonna have something just kind of that that sort of damnically is hanging over the idea of something stupid is going to happen. Well, yes, because so many of these federations are cartoonishly corrupt.
Speaker 3: And in some cases incompetent.
Speaker 8: Been to where we get to have you know, the great question of uh, they're they're the great adage of don't attribute to malice what you can attribute to them in competent because sometimes it's a little column, a little columb sometimes it's more of one or the other. But it makes it it's it makes.
Speaker 3: The international breaks exhausting for me personally. Not everyone shares that.
Speaker 1: View, and that's fine, live your best life, yes.
Speaker 3: But I'm just yeah, I would like to enjoy games. I'd like to enjoy stupid things like Argentina losing. Yes, the product that was amazing, that was hilarious. I'd like to enjoy these things without having.
Speaker 8: To deal with like people getting completely out of pocket and deciding to.
Speaker 3: Make us all have to have conversations.
Speaker 8: And also at the same time, most points to these people for torpedoing their own lives in the process in some cases because say or do whatever you want. But some of the stuff that these people do, like you know they have cameras.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 8: You know, you know your life's it's not going to be the same after you do something stupid.
Speaker 1: No that.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty four, buddy.
Speaker 1: No, Paraguay by the way, was a plus four to sixteen at home in that matchup against Argentina who Argentina was a minus one fifteen and speaking.
Speaker 7: Of money changed hands on that one.
Speaker 1: Uh yes, and Ecuador shut out Bolivia four nila the minus five point fifty six.
Speaker 8: Shout out to era friend friend Morales absolutely absolutely got the start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely true and uh. Venezuela and Brasile finished at a one to one draw. That was the early match yesterday at a plus two eighty six. Venezuela, by the way, what was Venezuela was a plus six hundred to win outright brazila minus one eighty two And what did Venezuela do to try and ensure the frustration of Brasil late in the match to try and get a point out of the deal. Somehow, the sprinklers in the stadium went off with about a minute and a half to go in in time that was added on by by the man in the middle.
Speaker 7: Hey, teamwork makes the dream work.
Speaker 1: Just look. Just ask ask the grounds crew in Jamaica about letting the grass grow. Ask the folks who set the timers at the stadium in Venezuela about when the uh when when the sprinklers are supposed to come on after a match?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean, my guess is they were probably set to come on at six o'clock anyway, And it just so happened that the match started at four and in and around six o'clock it's time for the sprinklers to water the field. And hey, there was still a minute and a half to go in the match in the Brazil, and the Brazil squad was less than pleased that they were having to navigate the sprinklers as they were trying to gather some momentum and try and get a game winner that they didn't get.
Speaker 7: I see nothing wrong with this, this is Look these things, first of all, let me go ahead and speak on behalf of my dear friends with Venezuela and say that, you know, in these times of modern technology, mishaps occur, and we are my clients are very apologetic by the timing of the sprinkler system going off. Uh, you know, but unfortunately these are the things that happen when you are attempting to modernize systems, and bugs are guaranteed to occur. So we look forward to the next game in which we can uh, in which we can meet our dear friends to the south and uh and and have great, great times playing the world's sport, the beautiful game UH. And we look forward to that opportunity.
Speaker 8: Yes, shout out to and shout out to the time, you know, over the summer when we were like Brazil got to got to like deal with Costa Rica's the darkest of magic that Costa Rica could could pull out. And I I never thought I'd see the day where a como ball team would be flat footed by the dark magic like the shoot heel antics of another club. But man, I'll never forget watching Costa Rica basically turned that like take that wrestling match and just turn it into a stalemate. Like just put like you turned it into a ground match and basically just locked in and so yeah, yeah, that was it was. It was like it was like a Roman greco. It was like an Olympic wrestling match where someone is very overmatched but has a good ground game, and he just was like.
Speaker 3: You know what, for the next three minutes, We're not gonna wrest I'm just gonna hold you here.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: In jiu jitsu, it's called pulling guard. So you have somebody who's a really good technician and somebody who knows they're out matched, and the person who knows they're outmatched just pulls guard. It's like I'm just gonna get I'm gonna wrap the legs and we are We're just gonna sit here the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're just we're kind of gonna grapple and our greco wrestle romaning for a good The least.
Speaker 8: You could do is trade recipes during that time and figure out something good that you cook for dinner when you get hold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, maake this time productive for you, right.
Speaker 1: Argentina, after eleven matches, three points ahead of Columbia. Columbia's match in hand gets taken care of today, uh Columbia could draw even on points, still be behind on goal difference. Bruscill eleven matches seventeen points with the draw, Butguay at sixteen points. They've drawn three of their last four. They're ahead of Ecuador on goal difference. Ecuador unbeaten in their last four, Paraguay out of plus one in goal difference, they've won three of four. There are sixth seventh as you're playing spot right now, and that is Venezuela, who has drawn three of their last four. They are at twelve points, ahead of Bolivia, well ahead of Bolivia on a goal difference minus two to minus fourteen. Peru is at six points, Chile is at five points, and those two square off today as a matter of fact, and if you want to hear, you have a Colombia and Chile going at it today. So Colombia, they could be a part of it. In Brazil's playing Peru. Sorry my bad, I had it wrong. I'm clicking the wrong dates. Peru's playing Chile today at the bottom of the table, and so this could be one of those elimination six pointers if you'll look at it that way. And then Uruguay and Colombia is going on today. We'll get into the juice boxes there in just a little bit. We mention, you know, enjoying the experience at a soccer match. Saw this from our friends at the Independent now and I'm gonna go ahead, and you feel free to react in real time as I relay the story here. And this is from our friend Chris Wilson at the Independent. Four clubs in the Women's Championship will allow fans to drink while in their seats during home matches this season, in a bid to help create the game's own distinct atmosphere. Birmingham City in Southampton understood to be part of the four club trial, which is being put in place by the Women's Professional Leagues Limited. They took over ownership of the Women's Super League and the Women's Championship from the FA last August, with Nikki just Set the chief executive of the company. Having previously discussed the desire for the trial to take place. The WPLL want to assess whether drinking in seats would contribute positively to the creation of a better atmosphere or if it will lead to worse behavior from fans.
Speaker 8: Brother we get alcohol to at SEC games with one hundred thousand streaming psycho paths.
Speaker 3: Nothing good happens? Does something bad always happen?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Not necessarily does anything good happen? No? No, this is kind of like throwing the football. Three things can happen to them?
Speaker 1: Are bad? Yes? Thank you what he hayes. Though the selection process hasn't been finalized yet, the trial will likely take place across Birmingham and Southampton, as well as two more clubs in the identity of the other two has not yet known, reports The Times. The women's game has previously adapted to the same alcohol laws as men's football, where alcohol has been banned from consumption in view of the pitch since nineteen eighty five in the top five tiers, and a change to the rules and the women's game would not require a change to any FA rules or legislation, but merely an alteration of the wpll's own rules. Trial set to begin after the new year, clubs required to meet certain criteria to be involved. These include sufficient hospital mentality offerings, the ability to gather necessary data from sales, and high quality CCTV. Both Birmingham Women and Southampton Women play at the club's Maine Stadia, Saint Andrews and Saint Mary, so they'll likely meet the criteria and they're sufficiently large and any crowd trouble would likely be limited. Speaking at leaders Week London last month to set announce the trial and said, quote, we're gonna test it in a couple of teams in the Championship this season and we'll see what we learned from that. I think the behavior of our fan base is different. It's about giving our fans choices while maintaining safety and being responsible. And quote Nick, you're already laughing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, this is just acceptable bad. That's all it is. It's acceptable bad. Like we need we need a little bit of spice from our fans, right, and we need to make better television. So how are we gonna do this? Well, it's not like there's gonna be recreational cocaine tables set up outside of the stadium, right, So what are we gonna do instead? Uh, just start serving booze. We'll see how it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alex says this is why people in the UK spend as little time in the stadium as possible. Into the seats as the ball is kicked in out the door asap. So that's uh seturing Nick.
Speaker 3: Nick is just describing was still and breaking bad and just that.
Speaker 8: But yeah, yeah, this is yeah, man, this is It's gonna be a lot and and but it's one of those things, John, I don't think about it that much because we're so used to having recreational drinking in American sports venues all the time. Correct, Like you can go to a Kinesas State game and grab a beer.
Speaker 1: Are you sure you want to? Now?
Speaker 7: No, Well you have to. You have to grab a beer in order to survive. At this point, you might.
Speaker 8: Have to play eight you might have to suit.
Speaker 1: Up eighteen players in the portal immediately after the decisions that happened in the midweek eighteen.
Speaker 9: Well, but the point beating like it's it's just it's in a different world because I mean, like you have like teams will sponsor and have their own alcohols.
Speaker 3: Like a Landy United too had their own beard.
Speaker 8: They had their own cider that was like they partnered with a with a brewery or Sgary.
Speaker 3: I need I need another rise in meteries.
Speaker 8: We need to go back to to people just making bead yes, yeah, enjoying and enjoying like mead out of a horn. Oh wow, you might vote across across.
Speaker 7: Like linear Monk's mead. You can go to Monk's mead and monks. If any of you guys are listening to this, you better have my damn horn. Still, uh you can. You can get a horn and and you can drink your meat from the horn like a true psychopath that you know, a psychopathic farmer who just jumps in your long boat and goes rowing and slaughters Englishmen indiscriminately whilst taking the town goal.
Speaker 8: So and to Alex's point, have to maximize the mouthfilling concessions. Yeah, you're trying. You're gonna try and maximize it every not just profit in general, for every profit.
Speaker 1: Avenue and KSh you apparently had their own beer recording to Alex as well. Uh yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, it's been consumed by the by the leader still there one mask sitting.
Speaker 8: It's being consumed right now, probably by the poor people who have to run the social media accounts, who have to deal with all the fallout even though they didn't make the decisions.
Speaker 7: So four card, we're talking about how in England the Women's game they are test running serving alcohol during games where you can be in your seat drinking booze, which has not been allowed since like eighty five. So we, in the true SDH fashion, have tied it back to what's happening here in how the European mind could never comprehend going to, you know, a football event here in America and not drinking. And then that of course led to Kinnesaw State the absurd handling of their firing of coach Bohannon and where they said he resigned, he did.
Speaker 1: Not, and like, no, I didn't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was voluntold to leave, and which is also known as firing. And they have eighteen players who have entered the portal. So now we're saying that at kinnesas say, you probably need the booze to be able to remain the entirety of the.
Speaker 2: Game eighteen.
Speaker 1: Eighteen one eight, on your way to nineteen and on your way to twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah four cards, you also might have to suit up for get us all.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 8: If if I wasn't emotionally if I wasn't emotionally torn about the idea of supporting just their clown shoes decision making, I'd be interested to go watch them play, because I imagine the ticket, they might pay you to go. Yeah, and it's still college football and you'll get at least to see you'll at least get to see one team. Yeah, there's that there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The European mind cannot comprehend.
Speaker 8: Can you imagine the pearl clutching in England if we put if like we sent let's send an SEC game over there, the pearl clutching in England.
Speaker 3: The first time they hear neck, Oh my god.
Speaker 8: That either either they're gonna faint or they're gonna like co opt it and try and find a way to use it. For some I don't know, man, who who would what club over in England is the most likely to use neck?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: Oh Millwall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's where my heart went to.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Blank you blank you I'm neck.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and some and somehow it's even gonna get worse if they do it. Yeah, they're gonna they're gonna no Wall would take neck and somehow make it even more neck.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, the get in price at the fraction three o'clock tomorrow afternoon for Sam Houston and Kansas State or what's left in kannessa state, eight dollars get in price and Sam Houston is a sixteen point favorite. Your total forty two and a half, and uh, just make sure that you send the best vibes humanly possible the Chandler burks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, get yeah, I'll take the over and put all of it on Sam Houston. Like take the over and all the over is going to be by Sam Houston.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that forty two and a half you're assuming, KENNI, A lot of the onus goes to Sam Houston State and to get to that forty two and a half, and it's going to be a long day games on the plus, but get in price eight dollars to the fraction for keeping an eye on what's left of Kennesaw State football. So you got that to look forward to tomorrow.
Speaker 10: But yeah, you have alcohol in the English women's Yeah that's somebody, somebody, somebody again, somebody's going to show up to that one of those games where there's drinking in the women's league in England.
Speaker 3: Someone is going to do something that's.
Speaker 8: Going to sabotage their professional career and it's going to be done as a fan because they can't hold their liquor and they can't hold their tongue. And it is annoying though, because you should be able to enjoy a drinking a game.
Speaker 3: Can responsible at all.
Speaker 7: Well, No, I'm mad that it's the women who have to be the guinea pigs for this. That's what I'm mad about. I'm mad that it has to be the women who are the guinea pigs for this. No, no, no, take that mess. Square up to the men's group. And because they you know, I doubt there's going to be a ton of sexist remarks made to the men playing. And the women don't deserve to be the guinea pigs here. It's not there's a reason why we call it guinea pigs, right, because we're testing the you know, we do the animal testing the guinea Yes, yeah, because we are you know, we don't want to test it on humans. Hey, sorry, we put this eyeshadow on you know, on a on a twelve year old and it caused a violent chemical burn on you know, this poor kid's face. No, no, no, we're gonna do that to the guinea pig instead. Right for the women who are already dealing with idiocy at at you know, at a critical mass, Now you're going to do alcohol infuse critical masks like the women don't deserve that. Come on, man, give it to the men. Give it to the men. So that way, when you know, when some job starts running their mouth and you do it to some really really pissed off Welshman, the Welshman goes round our test and runs up into the crowd and starts combat, kicking the guy in the face. That right, there is good TV, right, you know, having it where some you know where some women are out there, you know, playing a great game. They're you know, they're they're building their sport up. The last thing you need to do when they're in the building phase is insert some some bat blank crazy variables. Yes, you do that to the established order.
Speaker 1: I don't know, all right, So I have I have a rundown here in front of me of stories, and I will let the I will let you guys. In addition to what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it, and gossip, Prumer and new window, we've got that toward the end of the show. I have a couple of stories here. I have uh an interesting story about is the third time the charm. I have a cool story, uh involving someone that we have followed their career and a new announcement involving this particular individual and a touch line. And I also have a story about a new trophy. Which story do you guys want to talk about next? Which one of those three topics?
Speaker 7: Jared, go for it.
Speaker 3: Let's do the trophy because I mean I need Nick. I know what trumphy it is.
Speaker 6: Nick.
Speaker 3: Do you know the cinematic masterpiece th Ghosts?
Speaker 7: Yes, Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you remember the end of the movie where like it's in the puzzle room with like Tony Salo's having to jump across the floor that's like spinning like it's a silent hill trap. Indeed, Yeah, it's a trophy that kind of looks like that.
Speaker 1: So the the Club World Cup has a trophy. It is rather it is rather thick gold plated for the thirty two team tournament, designed by FIFA, made by Tiffany and Co. The jeweller Tiffany and Co. Johnny Infantino has had his name engraved on the trophy, not once, but twice.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The inscription on the cup includes a passage which reads, quote, we are witnessed to a new age, the golden era of club football, the era of FIFA Club World Cup, the pinnacle of all club competitions, inspired by the FIFA President Gianni in five and then there are a couple of In the Times, there are a couple of close ups of said trophy. Infantino's signature is also engraved on the trophy as quote founding President Kama Gianni Infantino closed quote period. The wording is engraved in thirteen languages, including Ancient Greek and Latin.
Speaker 3: Bro we had that it was called the Georgia Guidstones. You created the Georgia the Guidstones into a trophy.
Speaker 1: The fifty four year old, according to The Times, is at least as far as one of his predecessors. The first World focus name rip Met trophy in honor of the Frenchman who launched the tournament in nineteen thirty while he was president of FIFA. FIFA has also released a four minute interview with Infantino talking about the trophy. He describes the tournament as quote, daring and bold when it comes to its format quote, even though it replicates the format used at World Cups. The national teams between nineteen ninety eight and twenty twenty two, thirty two teams, eight groups of four before four knockouts. Infantino adds quote, this tournament is definitely a game changer for club football at a worldwide level. Oh yeah, JIFA said the design of the trophy was not led by Infantino and was intended to portray football's history. Chelsea and Manchester City, two English clubs, among the twelve European clubs involved in the tournament from June fifteen, twenty twenty five, to July thirteen. The draw take place in Miami on December five. At least that one will be held in person, and not the vote for the twenty thirty four World Cup, which is apparently going to be done virtually.
Speaker 7: So yeah, everyone is really really stoked to watch the Kashima Antlers take on Real Madrid. That is high on my list of things that are worthy of such a magnificent trophy. That looks like the starship delivery vehicle from the movie Contact. Yeah, that does you know that? To me? That is well done, Johnny, well done.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it's it's his, it's his old thing. Uh So I figured I would bring that to the floor this morning, will you Now? When I have two coaches stories one third times the charm and welcoming somebody back. Where do you want to go next?
Speaker 7: Third times the charm?
Speaker 1: All right? Cloudier run Yeri out of retirement for Roma at the age of seventy three. Hell yes, at the end of the season. He's going to take a role as an advisor to the owners. He's the fourth head coach for Roma this season, coming out of retirement at the age of seventy three to take charge until the end of the year, days after the sacking of a Croatian Ivan Yurich, third coach of the season, and this is his third time coaching his hometown club, having guided the Jilla Rossi from nine to eleven and again in twenty nineteen. Club statement quote as Rama play to announce that Claudio Ranieri's the new head coach of the first team. At the end of the season, Claudio will transition into a senior executive role where he'll be an advisor to the ownership on all sporting matters at the club. The search for a future coach will proceed over the next months. Claudio will have input in that decision as well. End quote fired on Sunday. Yurich was after the three to two home loss to Bologna left Roma twelve, four points above the relegation zone. Urich replaced Daniela Dodossi in September. Ranieri becomes Roma's fourth coach this year, Dorossi having taken over from Josie Mourinho in January. Dan and Ryan Friedkin have had a crisis filled season. According to our friends at The Guardian, fans protested after Dorosi was fired. The CEO and general manager Lena Suluku resigned days later after fans blamed her for do Rossi's departure. Ranieri helped Calorie avoid relegation last season and said that that would be his final club job. Best known for leading Lester in the prim and twenty sixteen to English audiences, anyway, face is a difficult debut at the Serie I leader's monopoly in ten days time.
Speaker 7: Well, okay, let me go ahead and start with this. I do not. Claudia Ranieri is an institution, right, one of the good guys in the game. Everywhere he goes, people love him. Dadiadi. Their ultras are known for being nutcases, and even they were had tears in their eyes when Claudio quote unquote retired. But he will never abandon Roma never like that is that's his baby. He will never ever, ever, ever ever walk away from that. Like if he could be ninety seven years old and if Roma calls, the man would answer, he would drag himself out of positive care to like to be on the touch line. It's he's like, you know, I can't. He's like the Dusty Rhodes of of of of Italian coaches, right He's the man's gonna end up like God forbid, the man's gonna die on the touch line. And at the end of the day, I'm happy for him because if he's happy and he's coaching and Roma is somewhat competitive, it's good for the game over in Italy. Anyways, the freakins this is a problem of the freakin's own making. These these these guys have got to get out of the way they are. They're going full Snyder Dan Snyder on Roma. You know where they think they know better than anyone else. They think they have all the analytics they think they have you can and the same thing, the same damn thing is being played out across Italy right now, where you have these americanized owners who come in and they do analytics, analytics, analytics, and they don't understand the Italian game, and they don't understand the personalities, they don't understand the Italian culture. They don't understand anything outside of revenue generation. And they are killing Roma, killing Roma, slowly but surely because they and they're not doing it, you know, like in a way that is you know, ha haa haa like what you know what you see John Fisher doing with the a's right where it's or it's intentional. What you're seeing is like very much like like Dan Snyder, which is the you know, I think I know better than anyone else, so I'm going to run the team the way I want to. And now you're sitting just above the relegation zone. So if Claudio can come in and here's the one thing that will happen, he will have enough clout not only in the locker room, but in the organization surrounding the freakins that if people will go to the freakings and say, look, if Claudio says we need to do this, I think we just need to trust them. But he's a bridge. He know, Claudio knows he's a bridge. He doesn't care that he's a bridge. And He's going to get it sorted. But the freakins have to step back. This is their issue. They are creating this, no one else, no external forces. Is a pure internal self own. They are hitting themselves in the crotch with a rake because they keep stepping on the damn thing. Ow ow it's a Japanese game show of buffoonery with these idiots, and they've got to get it sorted.
Speaker 1: Oh, it is MXC at points most certainly, I will grant you that. Uh, gossip rumor and innuendo want to watch where to watch it before we get out of here, trending rumors, and we'll basically treat this like cliffhanger. If there's one you guys want to talk about, just go ahead and start talking about it. Liverpool of valueing Ricardo Peppi is a potential transfer target. According to ekrem Conor PSP have set the twenty one year olds transfer fee at twenty five million europe. PSG and Barca remain interested in Kevicha kvart Skellya's contract negotiations with Napoli as that continues. Per Gazette, Della Sport under contract at Napoli until twenty twenty seven. Current deal sees him earning just a million and a half euro a year. Negotiation set to continue this week. Cav Art Skellya currently requesting a salary increase to just under eight million euro a season. PSG reportedly willing to testnopolies resolved once more, having a one hundred million euro bid rejected last summer. Chelsea could rival Real Madrid and Manchester United for Norwegian vunderkind sved and Ipie. According to Team Talk, seventeen year old can play midfield and attack, has already featured over fifty times for Rosenborg, Sin spanking his debut earlier this year. Dortmund also monitoring under contract until December of twenty six. Rosenborg seeking a transfer fee of twenty five million europe Real Madrid want to sign Trent Alexander Arnold by a lever, Cusans Jonathan Ta and Bayern Munich left back Alfonso Davies on freeze. According to As this summer keen to save money and they'll have gotten themselves a huge bargain if they can get all three for nothing. ESPN sources also revealed that they're keen on signing Florian Verts from Bier Levercusan, but that could cost you one hundred million europe United and Liverpool keenon signing Jedi Robinson, according to Football Insider, and we'll keep an eye on that one as well, Nick you Ves. Paul Pogba set to become a free agent in the coming days by terminating his contract. Thirty one year old set to restart his career in March after seeing his band for taking Dhea reduced from four years to eighteen months.
Speaker 7: Yeah but yeah, look, just go to MLS, dude. And that's not a knock on MLS, it is it's the one place outside.
Speaker 11: Can he run enough for that.
Speaker 7: For the right team, for the right team, he can. I mean he can get a paycheck. He'll run enough to get a paycheck. You know, one of the LA teams will take him. I mean, look, they signed Douglass costat the Galaxy Gain when Costa was wash that was so Yeah, look for one of the LA teams to end up snagging him. But Pogba again a mess of his own creation. You know, he'll get offers in Turkey. But if he wants to have, if he wants to enjoy his final years playing at a competitive level, go to the Galaxy, make an offer they can't refuse and then just sign a Douglas Costa contract. Or yeah, Saudi, Saudi will take him. Saudia take him four card with a great shout.
Speaker 1: On that one h Garnacho would only leave Manchester United for Real Madrid. United have been linked with the swap deal for Garnacho and Atletico midfielder Pablo Badios plus forty million euro. Argentina international would only join Athletico's rivals. As a result, Manchester City have entered the race to sign Bodios for one hundred million euro. Bayern Munich and Barcelona in the race with Real Madrid to sign Jonathan Toalen he becomes a free agent. Financial constraints could scupper a Laport's dream move to Real Madrid International. He's being lined up as a temporary replacement for ader Militao, who's been ruled out for the rest of the season because of injury. Laporte's sizeable twenty million euro a year contract at Al Nasser proving to be an issue. No contact between Real Madrid and former defender Sergio Ramos over a possible return to the club as a free agent. According to a Fabrizio Romano. Roma defender Mario Ermoso said he's honored to be one of Real Madrid's transfer targets. A youth product of Madrid and joined Roma as a free in the summer after five seasons at Atletico Madrid, but he claims he could be interested in returning to his former club. River Plate will have to pay two million euro to sign Nicholas Ottemendi from Benfica in January, as his contract expires in the summer. The thirty six year old has often expressed a desire to play for River, pushing to finalize the fifteen million euro transfer of Circle Bruish forward Kevin Dinky. FC Cincinnati also keen on that one, according to Rudy Galletti, so keep an eye on that and possibly getting a striker in FC Cincinnati and Jared apparently Lucco Costa at the FC Cincinnati exit interviews was like, it might be it, it might not be it. I don't know.
Speaker 11: A Coosta is acting like that girl you knew on Facebook back in two thousand and eight who just posted some passive aggressive It just never gets better. And then someone asked, what's wrong, Oh, nothing, I don't want to talk about it. I hope it gets better. Yeah, me too.
Speaker 7: Perfect perfect analogy, perfect analogy, zero notes.
Speaker 1: Perfect according to pseud analytics. And this just popped in according to Sebastian Sreher from Radio Continental, apparently Newcastle, the Claire's Miguel al Maroon negotiable and is asking for ten million dollars us.
Speaker 7: Garth, Garth, can you imagine together who almaron speed.
Speaker 11: Putting put him on the wing opposite Saba, Like if you're not convinced that like it, like God bless Shandai for finally able to deal, finally able to get over that foot injury. But even if you kept even he kept Shanday as a death piece. Imagine if it's met I'm pulling the strings in the middle with Saba and then Miguel floating out. Probably you probably get vert and play and played them in Verden and played, you know, Miguel on the right and let him cut in on his left foot, but also having the freedom to just kind of move wherever he wants. Jesus Christ, I mean you're talking to get a striker, and.
Speaker 7: I mean that that's that would be like like Brady DeMoss, that's what that it would it'd be scoring like.
Speaker 1: So you'd be saying that you just got miggied or you just got Saba.
Speaker 7: I look, Moran Shook's timing on his passes. It took him a little bit to get sorted with, you know, at the American windows and American timing. Once he got it down, game changer, right. So if you were able to put if Saba's inside runs Miggy's vertical runs, my god, it would just be oh man, that would be absolutely well. And you know, and the returns home and you know that Miggey's lady loved living in Atlanta. I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: Going down there and yeah, uh yeah. On line one, Real Madrid considering a forty five million euro move to sign Mario from Forrest Wolves left back. You go Bueno online at Finnard on the Raido at Barsa Crystal Palace. Want to sign at Chelsea's seventy million eurowinger Mikhailo Mudrick on loan in January, Liverpool and Chelsea tracking Red Star Belgrade midfielder Andrea Maksimovich. So that is gossip, broomer and innuendo. What to watch, Where to watch it, how to watch it? Before we wrap it up on a Friday where absolutely this turned into sot for our number two and I'm all for it. AFCON qualifying underway now on being and being an Espanol Cape Verde and Egypt two o'clock, Gabona and Morocco. If you don't have the b NS, you can get it at Finates along with Newstern Tella for the fans Liga one, Max Liga one, Max Pro, cd O t S and our buddy Ninototas and Gold TV, FNTZ, dot Co slash Soccer down here helps out Finates helps out us, and it helps you become a true degenerate. Jason got me hooked. I blame him. Nations League at two forty five, Denmark in Spain on FS two TUDA NA has Switzerland in Serbia at two forty five. FIFA Plus had New Zealand and Vanuwatu at one thirty in the morning. So for those of you that are insomniacs and you want to watch Ocean you're qualifying, you can do so at FIFA plus, Fox Soccer Plus Cypress Lithuania at nuon Scotland Croatia at two forty five to one. Football had Indonesia in Japan, so you're looking for far Eastern things very early in the morning before this show starts. Go to one Football Paramount plus CONCA CAB Nations League all up and down the line, Cayman and Guadalup at three, Saint Lucia, Grenada at three, Barbados Guyana at six, Saint Martin Kirasaw at six, Sirinam Canada at six thirty, Puerto Rico Aruba at seven, Honduras Mexico at nine, Sint Martin and Haiti at nine. Cono Ball Qualifying Uruguay Colombia at seven, Peru Chile at eight point thirty. You can hear what Neino Taurus has to say on it on our social media platforms. VIS has eight Nations League matches, one at noon, seven at two forty five, including our friends from San Marino who take on Gibraltar and Host in a big match up in the group stage at two forty five, so keep an eye on that one as well. Jared oh Oh, I forgot to mention the other the other piece of coaching news, and I forgot to mention, by the way, our buddy Jack Collison is back as a head coach Southern Soccer Academy Swarm are delighted to announce that Jack is going to be the head coach of the League two program for the twenty five twenty six season. So Jack Collison an SSA Swarm combining for League two starting in the twenty five to twenty six season. So there's your notes on Jack. That was the other coaching piece of news that we had this morning.
Speaker 11: Well, also, it's not coaching news yet because it's not sure. But I personally am buying futures on Toronto and needing.
Speaker 7: A head coach before February. Yep, yes, yes, yes, man.
Speaker 11: Jim Curtin and Toronto would just be the most heel news impossible to Oh.
Speaker 7: My god, Am I the only one who wants nothing of Jim Curtin here in Atlanta? Well you're not, No, I want nothing of that guy here. Nothing.
Speaker 11: Here's the thing, man, Like, I'm okay not doing that, I'm okay not going down that route. I think he is a good coach. I think he got a lot out of some of the shitty spending that Philadelphia gives him. Yes, man, is he just going to be toxic the whole way through?
Speaker 7: Eh? Look? Well, first of all, let's go ahead and give a shout out to Dji Drones for ensuring that herdman will probably be looking for a job very very soon.
Speaker 1: Well, and remember what we were talking about when we started the show this morning, with what's going on with Dick Advacott and Kiras out down in St. Luc Ship.
Speaker 7: Yeah it is. Yeah. Look, you know, come on, guys, let's get a little creative here. You know, you know, at least Bielsa broke down his entire scouting process and you got to see how clinically insane the man. He's like powerpointing the old uh, like the old XL spreadsheets, like overhead projector that's see, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 11: Man, that was amazing where he basically told him like yeah Chee did Yeah, I spied on him. That is what I found out. Here's why it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah I get it, but I didn't need it.
Speaker 7: This is stuff I already knew.
Speaker 11: I wasted my I was a waste of time doing that. I better think that could have done.
Speaker 1: Yea absolutely.
Speaker 7: Incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah him, He'll come to the door with a grenade.
Speaker 7: So from Italian Football TV really quick, because I know we're in overtime here extended extended hours.
Speaker 1: The fourth the fourth held up the banner, but we always play through it.
Speaker 7: Yeah so, uh so, Italian Football TV posted on their Instagram. Uh Claudio Rognieri allegedly being told by Roma Brass not to play Dibala. There they were reluctant to play Debala because there is a clause in his contract where automatic automatically renews after a certain number of appearances, uh Claudio said. And then again the freakin's they're they're they're slapping themselves by stepping on the rake. Claudia Rinieri allegedly told Roma Brass, I told the president that I'm gonna do whatever I want the situation with Debala. I told the president, I'm gonna do whatever I want. Is that clear? I don't want to know if he has a clause in his contract or not. And then he goes on to say, one time a club president told me, if you play this player, you're going home. I told him, if you freeze this player out of the squad, then you, as president, you should tell him yourself, because you're the head of the club. If this player is still on the squad, I choose who plays. He replied to me that if you play him, I'm sending you home. What do you think I did? Did I play him or not? I played him and I got said home. That is what I'm talking about, Claudio. That's the man is an institution man. He's one of the last of the crazy Italian coaches. Let this man cook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love him and no doubt about it. So also on also on the board this weekend, we got the semifinals in USL Championship. If you miss the interview that we had with Kano Smith, then that you can catch that on the network and you can keep an eye on all of that. So it is Rhode Island, and it is Rhode Island at Charleston, and it is also in the what is it in the West? I'm trying to figure it out in the West really quickly. Switchbacks are hosting? Who are the Switchbacks hosting?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Vegas? So Switchbacks Vegas, Charleston, Rhode Island at your final four in at USL Championship. FC Tulsa promoted Luke Spencer to the role of head coach. Tampa Bay has signed Leo Fernandez and Lewis Hilton to new deals. FC Tulsa has signed Johan pain Uranda to a multi year extension in to be the anchor in net SO Championship game in USL League One Sunday afternoon, Warner Park and papal And Nebraska, the seven seed Spokane Velocity taking on the number one seed Union Omahaalos Bus. It's great to catch up with Logos Kunga early this morning, and also great to catch up with Bart Keeler from the soccer for USPOD and they are on the Blue Butterfly. As a matter of fact right now, uh Abe Abbe's gonna join us on Monday. Bart's gonna join us on Monday. Is going to join us on Monday. So you've got semifinals in the NWSL this weekend, semifinals in the USL Championship Championship game in USL League One, all the college conference action going on. You've got Division three at Emory. If you want to catch up with that. You want to watch some college soccer this weekend, you can do that over at Emory University. Clayton State has Division two at the Peach Belt this weekend, so keep an eye on that there. Go and widen your horizons if you've got some time go catch something that you haven't caught already this year. Go catch some small college soccer, Go catch some stuff that's out there in addition to the college football that's out there that we know is going to exist. And watch some of the lower division stuff too. It was really cool to catch up with Logos this morning from the offices in Omaha and to see how things have gone for him this year. Gentlemen, it's always fun to do the sot to wrap up a week. I think, honestly, this is probably what we should do to wrap up the week every week, is just to sit there and invite everybody in to just vent their spleens and get ready for the weekend. You know, I'm all for it.
Speaker 11: Well you still have the music.
Speaker 1: Well that's true. I do, I do, I do. We have the proper way to wrap up the week as we always do here. So uh, Nick, final thoughts before we get out of here and play us play us out for you in another week.
Speaker 7: To what John said earlier, Look, there are plenty of other leagues out there. If you're not happy with you know, your club and who owns your club, or if you're not happy with the fan base and how they react to certain things. Look, there's a ton of options out there your local colleges, especially your D two, D three kids. Hey, look, they would adore you coming out and supporting them, where your voice would actually make a significant difference in the game day experience for them, So go and check that out. Typically it's like it doesn't cost anything to get into these games, and U and I know if you have kids, the kids always have a great time. The players are typically very cool with all of that. So check it out. It's there for you. I promise it's here in Atlanta. I don't know about where you know. If you're outside of Atlanta, then I wish you the best of luck. But outside of that, don't follow the money, baby, follow the game till next time, muchamuchi euro.
Speaker 1: Y'all what he said? Time to get us out the door for yet another Friday. Enjoy your weekend, stacked Mondays. We get you ready for Atlanta and the Purple Team in Middle Florida. Not this weekend, but next enjoy it, everybody, and we are out for yet another week, which means that we get to play. We get to play ourselves out of here as I can sit here and go and figure out. Where's my Friday drop? Where's my long Friday drop? It's right here. Here we go, Friday drop long, We'll see you later.
Speaker 12: The geez, the sharp sticking into our fingers, dictating equipment starting get us questions and beepers, stands, electrics just threw our body like a candle brod out in the warehouse. The trucks kept banging into the docks, not even thinking about stopping.
Speaker 13: Our frail bodies were strapped.
Speaker 4: To the chairs, and our chairs were chained to the desks. Our please for justice were ignored, and the end seemed near.
Speaker 13: But we busted our save drivers, little bitny balls. We've udged high their breakftress the straits, our hersy guys hats Friday, Fridayday.
Speaker 6: Day Day
Speaker 2: F