Speaker 1: Portions of a Bill Cunningham show may be pre recorded.
Speaker 2: Willie Rock You by Choice Hotels, Econo Lodge and Roadway In Hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay book at Choice.
Speaker 3: Hotels dot Com.
Speaker 4: Now here's the man who's been recognized as radio's best, the recipient of not one, but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his broadcast episodes, the one and only Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 1: Try Philly Cunningham, the great American. Welcome this glorious Sunday night in the in the nation. All hell's breaking loose everywhere I find myself from Southwest Florida touring Fort Myers Beach. We're going to talk about the recovery of FEMA with that later on, which is terrible. I look about what's happening in Pacific, palisides, palisides in LA it's terrible. I look at what's happening continuing to happen in Asheville, North Carolina. It's terrible. Everywhere I look, it's terrible. The weather's terrible. It's just terrible about what's happening. One thing I found amazing is CBS Evening News and CBS Face the Nation and also sixty minutes that hit pieces constantly on Donald Trump, Mark or Rubio, etc. And it got so weird This morning on Face the Nation, when CBS News anchor Margaret Brennan had nothing to say, Secretary of State Rubo brutally counted her her weak argument that the Nazis. Whenever, whenever you bring up the Nazis or Adolf Hitler, you lose the argument. But CBS News anchor Margaret Brenner said, the Nazis somehow quote weaponized free speech to conduct a genocide. And I'm watching it this morning. I replayed it on YouTube about an hour ago in preparation for tonight's show, and I said, you got to be kidding me. So Margaret Brennan is somehow saying that Adolf Hitler, Nazi Germany, had free speech. You could say what you wanted and the Nazis would knock on your door, but that he somehow weaponized free speech to conduct a genocide against mainly Jewish Germans and so many others, and one of the worst crimes in human history was conducted. And I'm watching this exchange on Face the Nation and she's using that as an example to criticize JD. Vance's speech before the Munich Security Conference on Wednesday or Thursday, and she's using this to kind of undermine Donald Trump and Marco Rubio by saying that weaponize free speech is somehow bad. The Nazis used free speech and I'm scratching my head, and so, Danny Gleeson, if you have that ready, It's about two minutes long. And I can't imagine this being somehow acceptable to those running CBS News when one of their main anchors, Margaret Brennan is kind of criticizing Marco Rubio and JD. Vance And is she indirectly complimenting Adolf Hitler in Nazi Germany quote, weaponized free speech to conduct a genocide. Danny, boy, if you're ready for this, about two minutes long, hit it.
Speaker 5: And so I think if anyone's angry about his work, they don't have to agree with him, but to be angry about it, I think.
Speaker 1: Actually makes this point.
Speaker 5: I thought it was actually a pretty historic speech. Whether you agree with him or not, I think the valid points he's making to Europe is we are concerned that the true values that we share, the values that bind us together with Europe are things like free speech and democracy and our shared history in winning two World wars and defeating Soviet communism and the like. These are the values that we shared in common, and in that quote where we fought again and things like censorship and oppression and so forth. And when you see backsliding and you raise that, that's a very valid concern. We can't tell them how to run their countries. He's simply expressed in a speech his view of it, which a lot of people frankly share. And I thought he said a lot of things in that speech that needed to be said, and honestly, I don't know why anybody would be upset about it. People are allowed, you know, you don't have to agree on someone's speech. I happen to agree with a lot of what he said, but you don't have to agree with someone's speech to at least appreciate the fact they have a right to say it, and then you should listen to it and see whether those criticisms are valid. I assure you the United States has come under withering criticism on many occasions from many leaders in Europe, and we don't go around throwing temper tantrums about it.
Speaker 6: Well, he was standing in a country where free speech was weaponized to kentuct a genocide, and he met with the head of a political party that has far right views and some historic ties.
Speaker 1: To extreme groups.
Speaker 3: Hoops.
Speaker 6: The context of that was changing the tone of it. And you know that that the censorships disagree with specifically about the right.
Speaker 5: Now I have to disagree with you. The free speech was not used to conduct the genocide. The genocide was conducted by an authoritarian Nazi regime that happened to also be genocidal because they hated Jews, and they hated minorities, and they hated those that they had a list of people they hated, but primarily the Jews. There was no free speech in Nazi Germany. There was none. There was also no opposition in Nazi Germany. They were a sole and only party that governed that country. So that's not an accurate reflection of history.
Speaker 1: I also think it's wrong.
Speaker 5: Again, I go back to the point of his speech. The point of his speech was basically that there is an erosion in free speech and in tolerance for opposing points of view within Europe, and that's of concern.
Speaker 1: Because that is eroding.
Speaker 5: It's not an erosion of your military capabilities. That's not an erosion of your economic standing. That's an erosion of the actual values that bind us together in its transit land of Hunanon that everybody talks about. And I think allies and friends and partners that have worked together now for eighty years should be able to speak frankly to one another in open forums without being offended, insulted, or upset. And I spoke to foreign ministers from multiple countries throughout Europe.
Speaker 1: Many of them probably didn't like the speech.
Speaker 5: I didn't agree with it, but they were continuing to engage with us on all sorts of issues that unite us. So again, at the end of the day, I think that you know, people give all. That is a form in which you're supposed to be inviting people.
Speaker 1: To get so I kind of want you to understand that. Margaret Brennan interrupted our Secretary of State with the claim that Vance was quote standing in a country where free speech was weaponized to conduct a genocide. Does she believe that free speech was available in Nazi Germany the nineteen thirties and using Hitler and the Nazis to criticize JD. Vance, shall we say, is a bit beyond the pale now. JD. Vance also made the comment about abortion, which is a sacrament in most of Europe. In fact, he talked about a pro life Englishman convicted for praying outside of an abortion clinic. This guy he in his own mind, he was kneeling outside of an abortion clinic in England. His name is Adam Smith Connor. He was convicted in October for simply praying in his own head near an abortion facility, and he was arrested by the police. He was convicted of kneeling outside of an abortion clinic, saying nothing, just kneeling, given a two year conditional release in prison and nine thousand pounds fine and more. And so jd. Van stood up and said he kind of gave an American speech to the Munich Security Conference, saying, you know, there's several principles upon which we can rely. Number one, censorship by the government is bad. Well, the Europeans think it's good good, and the Democratic Party thinks it's good. Censorship is good, But I think JD. Vance and Donald Trump ran against censorship. Also in Europe, they have government weaponized against their own citizens. You may have seen sixty Minutes tonight. The second episode dealt with German police and prosecutors who troll the internet to find individuals who are criticizing other Germans, or criticizing unbridled immigration, or saying something that could be considered insulting to another, knocking on the door at six o'clock in the morning, grabbing their phones and all their iPads and devices, and then possibly prosecuting them for displeasurable conduct on the internet. They have no right to freedom of speech in Germany, as we do in this kind. We have the right under the First Amendment to speak. And you may know that hate speech is protected by the United States Constitution. The big case came out of Ohio in nineteen six denying Brandenburg versus Ohio, in which the United States Supreme Court said, what fifty five years ago, fifty six years ago, that terrible speech, hate speech is all permitted. It's not good, but it's okay constitutionally, as long as you're not calling for violence of one type or another. And so here you got JD. Vance, who is a Catholic who went through the process and was baptized in twenty nineteen saying to the Europeans there's too much censorship in Europe. There's no freedom of expression, as demonstrated by a man outside of an abortion clinic in Europe, that the government is weaponized against their own people. Jade Vans also talked about open borders, a million Syrians flooding into Germany, not assimilating, and have no go zones where police can't go in certain parts of German cities or French cities. And also the liberal media only gives one side of the story, thinking to myself, isn't he talking about the United States of America. Didn't we have an election on this. Wasn't there massive censorship by Twitter and Facebook and the mainstream media against conservative and conservative values in America? Wasn't the DOJ weaponized not just against Donald Trump, but his attorneys, the White House Chief of Staff, consultants, and those who protested outside of killing centers called abortion clinics. That somehow the DOJ would go after individuals, including grandmothers, and lock them up because they protested peaceably in front of abortion clinics in America. Isn't it true that we've had open borders with fourteen or twenty million illegals coming into the country. Answer to that question, up and down is absolutely. He could have made that speech in Duluth, Minnesota, or in the Tuscaloosa, Alabama who just lost to Auburn in basketball, could have made that speech anywhere, But in America, we made a turn, didn't We didn't. We say, we don't want censorship in the media. We don't want PBS to be funded to give us a particular left wing, far left viewpoint, that we don't want the Department of Justice WEAPONIYS to attack Joe Biden's political opponents. That we don't want open borders. We want a lot of immigration to come into this country, but it's got to be legal immigration, not illegal immigration. And we went with the media to be more more fair. But then you know, I listen to my good friend and your Sean Hannity when it comes to that issue. At least in twenty eight, twenty twelve, the media died in this country and would not report on facts that their left wing liberal bias would maybe help John McCain or Mitt Romney or Donald Trump, and the media didn't report it. So everything that he said in the Munich Security Conference that offended European leaders in a failed society called Western Europe could be applied to America. The churches in Western Europe are unoccupied. They're vacant. There is no functioning economy in which there's new processes being developed in factive, Google or Microsoft or Apple comes into Europe. The regulators try to regulate American businesses out of business. There's certainly the collapse of the so called nuclear family happening, which is happening also in America. And they have so many immigrants inside Western Europe that have not been assimilated. The most popular birth name in England is now Mohammed. So he said in Europe, the same kind of campaign speech that seem to work here.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Secondly, give you an idea where the mainstream media is. CNN White House correspondent, he has her own show. Caitlin Collins on CNN posted a tweet in support of CEO killer Luigi Maggione's defense fund, and I read the story and I said, this can't be true. Then I read her tweet and she's since taken it down. But what could she possibly have been thinking that? The White House correspondent for CNN posted a tweet linking to the defense fund for accused murderer Luigi Manngioni, who murdered in cold blood, the father of three CEO Brian Thompson honor about December the fourth of last year. How is it possible she could assist in the raising of money for an assassination of this type, which sends shock waves through the healthcare community. And this was a person who's perceived to be a rising superstar. When it comes to CNN, they want to get rid of Wolf Blitzer and Jake Tapper and go with Caitlyn Collins, who came out of shall we say, the liberal progressive arm of the Democrat Party. And right now she's got egg all over her face, very expensive egg on her face, because she seems to promote raising money for a murderer, a cold blood, a killer who committed his I'm on video and he foretold her what he was going to do weeks in advance. And sadly, a lot of left wing liberal Americans think it is wrong to do that, the wrong to kill Brian Thompson. But let's face, you can understand why he did it. That's another way of saying it was justified, which is despicable. So I think CNN needs to call her into the office and talk to her about what she's doing. So let's set up tonight's big show and lastly, sixty minutes. I watched it tonight. The first two segments. The first segment dealt with attacking Donald Trump waste, fraud and abuse, that he doesn't have the power to manage the executive branch of government, and that was by Scott Pelley. And then the second part was about complimenting, shall we say, the Germans for taking down critics on the internet because Germany has no First Amendment right of individual citizens. You see America as the only country in the world and which citizens are given rights by God, defended and protected by government. I think about that every country in the world have rights only because they're given by government. But in America seventeen seventy six seventeen eighty seven Constitution, we have rights, human rights given to us by God. And it is the role of government to protect and defend those individual rights against those who would obliterate them. And it should not be the government obliterating our rights. Would you agree? But in Germany and throughout most of the world, rights given can be rights taken away. For rights given by God Almighty cannot be taken away by government. And that's the essentral part. So later on we have Israel Ellis coming up on the terrible circumstance happening now in the Middle East. Marco Ruby was over there. He was over there earlier today and yesterday, I think, coming back tonight or tomorrow Monday to discuss with the President his conversations with Benjamin Nintinyahu. Also later on as Daniel Greenfield of front Page mag dot Com Great Website. Also later on as Steve molloy, you know, when I find myself in southwest Florida touring at Fort Myer's Beach, which remains in terrible condition, the government cares more about Zikistan, and it cares about Pacific Palisades, or cares more about Ashville, North Carolina, or Fort Myers Beach building other countries, other bridges, but not helping our own people. That's called us AID. But nonetheless he's going to address himself to that. Plus later on is doctor Suzanne Barcher, who's done massive studies on what's wrong with eighth graders and why they can't read. And you might recall in the Bush forty three term there was a fourth grade guarantee that every public school kid was going to learn to read, you learn to read, and then you read to learn what happened to that? Promising more so, let's continue if the line becomes available. Eight sixty six six four seven seven three three seven Bill cunning in The Great American with You Every Sunday Night by Billy Cunningham, and I want to set up later tonight what's going to go on? But I just find it amazing that the similarities between a failed Europe called out by JD Vance on Thursday is exactly the same campaign speech given by him and by Donald Trump previous to the November fifth campaign about a weaponized justice system, about the lack of freedom of speech, about a committed media, and about a government far distant and discreete completely out of control. Because exactly why we elected Donald Trump with seventy seven million votes to change it. And after the first four weeks he's done a fabulous job, despite the protestations of CBS's Margaret Brennan, who kind of compared Donald Trump and JD Vance to Adolf Hitler or Nazi Germany one of the worst moments ever faced the nation this morning, and then also went after Donald Trump for wanting to get rid of waste fraud and abuse. Right now, Doze and Elon Musk and Trump is saving us up to this point billions of dollars. In fact, i'd point out to you tonight that the Government Accounting Office the GAO said about a year and a half ago at the end of the Biden regime that every year listen to this number. According to GAO, under Joe Biden, between two hundred and fifty the five hundred billion dollars every year was wasted by the federal government through one of the agencies or another, mainly in defense, Social Security checks, disability checks, Department of Education, etc. And that is in numbers from Doze, Elon Musk or me or Sean Hanniteer or Donald Trump that came out of the GAO report of about a year and a half ago that between two hundred and fifty that five hundred billion dollars every year is wasted by the federal government over the four years then of the Biden re regime. That was well over a trillion dollars that was wasted that we paid in money to the federal government that should not have been paid. So let's continue with more. Our first guest tonight's going to be Daniel Greenfield, our frontpagemag dot com about DEI and so much more, and we'll go from there. But big show planned tonight. Stay tuned with us for the next three hours. And I love what I do. I love being with you, and let's do it together. This is about my seventeenth year with you Every Sunday night, Bill Cunningham, the Great American, with you every Sunday Night, Billy Cunningham, the Great America. And one of the websites I check out every day is front Page magde dot org. And one of the great contributors there is Daniel Greenfield. Has a new book out, Domestic Enemies, the Founding Father's Fight against the Left, and he has a big column up about several areas. I read his stuff constantly about how we are deep banking certain conservatives because of their political beliefs. Plus, Daniel Greenfield's got a great column up about the equity and diversity, equity and inclusion in the NBA. There was so much equity and inclusion in the halftime show of the Super Bowl. I thought that's a pretty good topic. But first of all, Daniel Greenfield, author of Domestic Enemies, Welcome again, to the Bill Cunningham Show. You're also with the David Horrorwitz Freedom Center, and number one explained to the American people, I did not know this was a thing until I saw the President a few days ago taking a task some of the owners of some of the big banks in this country, whether it's Bank of America or whether it's Wells Fargo, about these banks that are debanking conservatives. So tell the American people, first of all, what's going on.
Speaker 8: And that's look a huge issue. It really got off the ground after Trump won in back in twenty sixteen, and the Democrats blamed that on weth existence of conservatives having access to any kind of medium, especially with the Internet, and of course having access to financial services or hotels. So they said about, among other things, getting banks financial institutions to go ahead and cut off bank accounts for groups they considered to be hate groups. And that was a pretty wide net, those being cast by organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center, who consludered pretty much any conservative organization with normative conservative beliefs to be a hate group, including our own, the David Harward's Freedom Center.
Speaker 1: And so when this group, the Southern Poverty Law Center, which the media considers the gold standard of declaring something to be a hate group when it is not. Can you describe the activities of the Southern Poverty Law Center that indicates they're not some independent arbiter.
Speaker 8: Yes, so I have some personal experience with the Southern Poverty Law Center. They at one point declared me to be a hate group of one. I mean they declared me personally to be a hate group, and I'm one man. They also listed a number of other hate groups, including a sign outside a bar and a brand of gun oil, so their research is also top notch. There was actually reports in the media all a time when they claimed that a town was small town was a hub of hate because it was reportedly going to be a client meeting at a restaurant there, which never seems to have happened. But the town ended up on a hate map, and they spent about ten years trying to get their name walking. You know, nobody in the town had actually done anything wrong. So this is just how the Southern Poverty was Center operates. Their bian is to basically accuse everybody they can of hate of racism for profit, and unfortunately, we were one of the organizations that they also targeted, and as a result, a number of financial solutions, including MasterCard, decided they were going to stop processing financial transactions involving US and a hotel that we were going to book an event at the featured, among other things, Sean Spicer, Pete Heggsith some others. People in the Trump administration were no longer able.
Speaker 9: To do that.
Speaker 8: And this is just an example of how the Southern Poverty all Censor hooked up with big banks, major corporations, and portions of the government to effectively eliminate conservatives from the public. At least that's what they were trying to.
Speaker 1: Do so Daniel Greenfield, the way the game is played is the Southern Poverty Law Center, who receives generous contributions from left wing causes, and I would think probably receives government money. Almost everyone does under US AID one way or another. It's incredible how much money is being handed out. Once you get on their list, they disseminate that list all over America, especially to financial institutions, and if your name or someone else's name, or some group is on their list that has little or no objective criteria at all, suddenly the Daniel Greenfields of the world cannot use a MasterCard because the bank says you represent a hate group? Was it hard to get off the list? How do you tell Bank of America or MasterCard as a Jewish American that you're not part of a hate group?
Speaker 8: Most of the time, you Jones, Well, we did that David Harward's Freedom Center. When MasterCard cut us off was we managed to launch a media campaign. We got our story out. This was quite a few years back. We were really the first organization to actually tell our d banking story and MasterCard decided to back down. Things though, definitely got worse. This was back when Trump was in office for the first time, things got worse than the Bide administration because back then they had to be weighed a little bit worried about action from the White House under Biden. Of course they knew the government was with them, was actually pressuring financials solutions to go ahead and d bank people. So we had that recourse under Trump. We would have it again now that Trump is back in office, but conservatives quating our organization. When we were debanked by Bank of America on the Biden we had no recourse at all.
Speaker 1: About a week or ten days ago, you have a column up called bring DEI to the NBA, and the subtitle of your column is the NBA needs a fire a hundreds of black employees and our hundreds of white ones. You're going to say there's a growing backlash to DEI, but the Cleveland Cavaliers told NBC News that while other organizations may be moving on, the NBA team is sticking with the racist program of DEI. And you say, in twenty twenty three, Cavaliers and a CEO and Nick Barlage vowed to tie DEI metrics to bonuses and make sure that in their organization of the Cleveland Cavaliers, which is similar throughout the NBA, that DEI would be organically woven within the DNA of the culture. It's just who we are. Quote. We believe that everybody in our organization, every person, every community, is part of our diversity, equity and inclusion story. Does that actually mean the team The answer would be no. Explain to your column, which I thought was fabulous.
Speaker 8: Well, the NBA is, of course all in on DEI. They want metrics, racial metrics to the number of employees to hire every level, at every level of the front office, the very supplies I deal with, So everybody right down from the people are taking out the trash to the people in the front office. But of course not for the players, because if they actually applied some of those same metrics, well, they'd have to get rid of hundreds of black players and higher hundreds of white players, bring in a lot of Latino players, a few Indian players. They'd actually have to have the numbers that resemble mark and they do this in a variety of fields where they stay. This is the racial breakdown. This is the forty black people, what's in Cleveland thirty two percent white people, and this is a number of Latinos and the employees have to match that organize that numbers exactly. By the way, the bidenministration was doing this sever with the United States military, but of course they want to do this with the player basically because the majority of players are black, like seventy eighty percent majorities.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like a meritocracy, which that's the American waye wherever's better gets the job. There's objective criteria. Almost every job in every organization can say, well, who's got a college degree, who doesn't, who shows up to work, who doesn't. Who did better on the interest exam? Who didn't? But you make a point that thirteen of the seventeen players for the Cavs are black, which is about seventy six percent. Well, the city is forty five percent black, thirty six percent? Why thirteen percent Latino? And I would think looking at the Cavaliers games or watching the Lakers games, the great majority of people in the stands are also white. And so I guess meritocracy only applies on the court, but not on all the other jobs in the organization. DEI doesn't apply on the court or on the field. During the Super Bowl last Sunday, there was a halftime show by Kendrick Lamar that I thought was terrible. I thought that Michael Jackson's and the princes were pretty damn good, but that's a different story. But it was terrible. There wasn't one white face anywhere on the field, hundreds of dancers, and this is DEI sent to the NFL. Roger Goodell said in his news conference before the Super Bowl that the NFL embraces DEI and everything they do, and racism is often in the end zones, but DEI doesn't apply to the field, but it applies to everywhere else. Have you heard the explanation is why that's okay? I've not heard a good explanation from anyone, whether it's Roger Goodell or the NBA. The NHL is predominantly white because it's a meritocracy. There are black players, but whoever can put the biscuit in the neck gets the job. Have you heard the argument that somehow you and I are wrong and that the NBA is right to have a meritocracy on the court, but nowhere else in the organization. What is the argument against it?
Speaker 8: There's an argument that you either have a meritoca. Sure you don't. And what the NBA is doing is, by the way we go there absolutely opening themselves up to a lawsuit because when they look at an organ part of the organization say there are too many white people here, they don't match the metrics, we need to get rid of them. But they look at another part and say there are too many black people and that is just great. That's a civil rights violation. So they're actually opening in the subs up to all suits which I imagine will come at some point. And it always shows the underlying hypocracy because meritacracy is great. We should have meritocracy. We should have meritocracy in corporate offices. We should have meritocracy on the court. We should have merittocracy in the military, which we're now beginning to get again. We should have meritocracy everywhere. There's no basis for hiring people based on their skin color period.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You make the point in your column that DEI doesn't actually seek equity, let alone diversity. It's the opposite. It's kind of like a George Orwell, we don't have diversity, equity and inclusion, so therefore we say we do. While we practice meritocracy on the court, on the field, on the diamond, we don't practice it in the organization. In fact, you point out that Mark Cuban, who is now a Dallas mavery minority owner, brags about executive leadership is forty seven percent people of color, and that doesn't represent the fan base or the city of Dallas at all. And the NBA claims that over half of its coaches are black. Is an achievement of diversity, but in reality, in order to get those principles, you have to practice racial discrimination, which is judging someone based upon the color of their skin. But the NBA and others don't do not see it that way at all. In fact, i've seen some of the complaints about black coaches not in the NFL, and others have written columns about this that indicates that it more or less represents the population of America as being about sixty sixty five percent white, et cetera. And that's the way it ought to be. And so I would think with the new administration, I would think Daniel Greenfield, with a new administration, this might change. But when I watched the media, the NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, and who knows if CBS will be in existence anymore. You may know that the president wants to take away their license because of the Kamala Harrison interview. I don't know if that's going to work or not. But when I make the statement that diversity, equity inclusion is practicing racial discrimination, the media doesn't accept that. The mainstream media doesn't accept that, but I think most Americans do, and so I would hope that that those who want to end racial discrimination will quit racially discriminating based upon race. That's the way to do it. And your call them in the NBA is perfect. The NBA All Star Weekend is happening this weekend, and I'm looking at it and the great majority of the players are black, and that doesn't bother me one bit because they're the best players. But the same criteria should apply to every part of every organization, and it doesn't. And I think it might beginning high school and college. Do you think there's an indoctrination happening with college kids to accept forms of racial discrimination as a kind of a form of operations.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, And it's very disturbing. Beyond college, it's there at the university level. For example, in medical school, the doctors of the future are being trained to consider privilege. They're being trained to consider the race of the patient. They're being taught, for example, that if you treat oge, you have a few patients in front of you, both are sick, you treat the one that is more oppressed first. And this is the stuff that is potentially very, very disturbing once it gets down to the real world.
Speaker 1: And of course I belong to the American Bar Association and they issue statements regularly after Trump got elected they're not going to give up on racial discrimination. They call it DEI They call it reaching out for the most talent. Come on, all the words you want to, all the five syllable words you can come up with, but the essence, the core of DEI is race discrimination, especially against Asian students who do better on these tests than anyone else. But Dandy Greenfield, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And I loved your column on the NBA. And for those who feel as if there have been deplatformed, what you have power where you are, but what does the average person do if a bank deplatforms them? What do you do?
Speaker 8: The good US is that with Trump in office and Republicans actually taking a serious look at the stuff all the CEOs are denying at Thank of America is denying it the reality those that people, individuals still have few options. One of the things that we are proposing it to David Hart's Freedom Centers. We need legislation that will deal with the biggest civil rights crisis of our time, which is not systemic cracism that does not exist and it's not in a general in generation, but it is political discrimination against conservatives. We need to actually bring in add political orientation affiliation to the list of protected characteristics and make sure that any companies that actually discriminate against conservatives will actually face civil rights lawsuits.
Speaker 1: Well, that'll be up to a conservative Southern poverty law center to bring that to bring to the public pulb forefront because lots of discrimination take place today. But I'm with you, there is no system racism. If it is, it is practiced by liberals. The liberals control almost all the major organizations in this country and they're the ones practicing race discrimination. They call it something else to fit inside their prejudice. But Daniel Greenfield once again front pagemag dot com and thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show and Daniel Greenfield, you're a great American. Thank you very much, Thank you so much. Let's continue with more. You can't end discrimination by employing it. And I've had several may I use the term black politicians talk to me about a new day in America and that they feel is there a place for us in America today? With Donald Trump and the White House? The answer is yes. What's wrong with a meritocracy when someone is selected not because of the color of their skin, but selected based upon their accomplishments in life? And what they can do irrespective of color. I' let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, the Grand American, live with you every Sunday night on Billy Cunningham, the Great American. You know, Daniel Greenfield front page meg dot com. You can watch them repeatedly then and get all the information you need so site. But the second part of which we discussed, you know tonight the NBA All Star Game is underway. And when you talk about every major franchise, including the Cleveland Cavaliers, or the Dallas Mavericks, the Lakers, whatever, or Adam Silver, the commissioner of the National Basketball Association, in every circumstance, they completely believe in DEI diversity equity and the lack of integration of different minorities into what's happening in their organization. And it's amazing that merit should apply to about everything in American life. How well you do. One of the classic examples brought up by Daniel Greenfield, of course, is that air trific control situation. We have a shortage because the best and the brightest we're not given an opportunity to serve because it didn't fit a DEI a mandate, and that there were two thousands Asian and white male purported air traffic controllers that have sued saying, you know what, we have a situation here where we're the most qualified, we do well on the test, we have all the academic credentials necessary, but we're not the right race. We're either Asian or we're white males, in which case it doesn't apply. And Daniel Greenfield points that I think very well. And the fact that instead of having hiring by merit, it's done by race. It's the old affirmative action game. It's what it is today in twenty twenty five is reparations. And the argument for reparations as well, shall we say, not accepted by almost all the American people. It doesn't make any sense. It makes no sense at all, the reparations argument. And that's where we are. So the All Star Game tonight is underway. Almost all the players are persons of color, which is fine with me, doesn't bother me one bit. I think it's great the best and the brighter should play. But when other when the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Dallas Mavericks, and the New York Knicks hire internally the hundreds of employees they do it by DEI principles and not by merit. That is what we your grades in school. If there's some adjective tests, how'd you do on the test? Did you do well or did you do poorly? What is your previous criminal record, if any? And how motivated are you to work here? Irrespective of your color. DEI is reparations in another form. It is race discrimination in another form. It is affirmative action in another form. So stay tuned for more. As you know tonight, Rubyo is I believe tonight he's still in the Middle East. Not sure where is exactly. But my next guest, who's going to be Israel Elis who's an expert written a great book about Hamas's goals, what Amas tends to do, and it's not in line with civilization goals. So if line becomes available eight sixty six six four seven, seven three three seven plus later on we have Steven Mlog. We got terrible weather in the country. He's going to address himself to that still cunning into great American with you and all great Americans.
Speaker 10: Every Sunday, Willie brough you by choice.
Speaker 4: Hotels, Econo Lodge and Roadway In Hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay book at Choice.
Speaker 3: Hotels dot com.
Speaker 4: Now here's the man who's been recognized as radio's best, the recipient of not one, but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his broadcast excellence, the one and only Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 1: Ty Bully Cunningham, the great American. Of course, what's happening in the Middle East right now affects the entire world, and as we speak, there's a plan to uh involve the Egyptians, the Jernanians and others. Maybe the Saudi ra As might be involved. When the recent batch of hostages was released, three of them, it came out and Israel press some of their treatment was abysmal. They spoke about families being tied together and set on fire, burned alive. They talked about babies being beheaded. They talked a course about Jewish women and being repeatedly raped by Hamas and held for almost five hundred days. And the first phase allegedly is going to continue about another two weeks. Then the second phase begins, which is, shall we say, a complete release of all the hostages and then peace. I guess one of the experts in the Middle East is author of the wake up call. His name, of course is Israel Ellis. He spent years and years studying the Middle East and a moss and things of that character. And according to reports on Friday and Saturday, there's a two thousand pound bombs that are buster bombs that can be used against against the Iranian nuclear forces well underground. And right now there's joy, at least in Israel about what is happening. But with the release of these hostages, there's still about three dozen remaining in captivity. Allegedly about half or more are dead, and then there might be another fifteen to twenty alive. We'll see what happens down the road. But once again, Israel Ellis, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And now that the first phase is about two weeks from completion and the second phase begins, can you see a possible scenario in which Hamas the individual standing around those hostages. Is it possible for peace to come to Middle East? If Hamas is still in control of gossip? Is that possible?
Speaker 7: It is not possible.
Speaker 3: Hamas must go.
Speaker 9: And Israel recognizes that the West recognizes that think that anybody is involved the situation, recognizes that there is no place in the future with Hamas.
Speaker 7: It is a theater of the obscene. What is going on?
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen when Hamas refuses to put down their arms. I can't imagine. I don't know if there's a five thousand left, fifteen thousand left, and to me, as soon as they know, as soon as they released the last hostage, that's when all hell's going to break loose. So Hamas is not energized to release any hostages because that's their get out of jail free card. And at some point, whether it's Donald Trump or Benjamin Netanyahu, they're gonna have to do what should have been done a long time ago, which is eliminate when I when I listen to Marco Rubio or JD or the President, they must be eliminated from the face of the earth. That is Hamas going to participate in their own demise by releasing all the hostile.
Speaker 9: Well, we keep on talking about Hamas as the singular the singular front that is representative of what's going on in Gaza, and I think that's a bit of a sort of a misconception of what it's like sort of in that region and what it's like going on there. Hamas is a brand, if you want to call it that, and until the brand is destroyed. So what there are multiple other factions that are at play over here as well, that you know that I.
Speaker 7: Don't think we're talking about.
Speaker 9: So it isn't really about Hamas because the brand Hamas will not exist.
Speaker 7: It'll be ground into history, It'll be a something in our rearview mirror.
Speaker 9: But what about all the other, you know, fractional elements that are born out of this. Now, I want to keep something in mind. With every hostage that has been released, one hundred tears, prisoners released from Israeli jail, these are murderers, these are terrorists, and these are people who are going.
Speaker 7: To rebuild the terrorism.
Speaker 9: And so even if HAMASC goes, I mean, I don't know what the difference is between Hamas and isis you, but I can tell you that there are Islamic fundamental Jihattis everywhere, and they are multiple brands at play.
Speaker 7: So let's get out of let's get out of.
Speaker 9: The narrative of oh Hamas has to go, because it's not just Hamasta that's.
Speaker 7: Involved over there.
Speaker 9: They just seem to be the predominant political power. Yes, they're gone, they're outlawed, they're finished. But what happens to the people behind them? Us?
Speaker 7: Do you think they also leave?
Speaker 9: They're just going to be relabeled, rebranded, reparactorizing something else. And then we're going to hear about the X factor, the new X factor that's going to come into play. It's all very.
Speaker 7: Connected over here.
Speaker 9: It's connected in the sense that, yeah, go ahead, sorry.
Speaker 1: They're stabbings all over Europe, Austria, Germany and the Netherlands inspired by ISIS Islamic state in Syria Syria doesn't exist. How much they're all kinds Okay, what is the religion? I can't think of a religion in the last five hundred years that says the way to get to heaven is to kill innocent people, to rape Jewish women.
Speaker 7: I mean, a lot better way.
Speaker 9: What better way they'll build and convince people to commit suicide than to promise them seventy two virgins and to tell them this is the instruction of God. A lot of these people are marginalized. A lot of these people they're they're they're you know, sort of manipulated in a cult like faction by by the jihadist So let's talk about the head of the stake. Let's talk about where this is coming. And I'm just going to show you how everything is connected. First of all, the Iranian Islamic regime has got their nuclear ambitions and everything that they're doing in the proxy of terrors that they have going on around the world. And then the global g head that I talk about in my book The wake Up Call, and The wake Up Call talks about the Global g Hut at length, is where they have corrupted the Koran to turn it into some kind of religious doctrine to go out there and commit these acts of terror. And they're not just You're absolutely right, those acts of terror not just in Gaza.
Speaker 7: They're not just in Seer. They're not happy.
Speaker 9: They're happening in your back yard. They happen in New Orleans, they happen and they just happen to Munich.
Speaker 7: I mean everywhere in the.
Speaker 9: World are these participants, these disenfranchised souls that get sucked in and manipulated by this cult. And so what we need to deal with is we need to deal with the head of the snake. So, please God, those two thousand pound bombs that have been delivered to Israel. Hopefully they're on an express post run to Tehran because you got to take out the nuclear capabilities.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine.
Speaker 7: Can you imagine the Islamic regime, the.
Speaker 9: Head of the jihadis the guys who have designed all of this, having nuclear capabilities and holding that over the rest of the world. You think it was bad enough to have to negotiate the bizarre theater of the obscene with the Hamas, can you imagine what it's going to be like to have to be put into a situation to negotiate with the Islamic with the Iran Islamic regime. That's just that we can't get to that point. We absolutely can't get to that point. So it's very connected. And you know, when Trump talks about the plan for Gaza, that's another connection. And when we talk about, you know, the Gates of Hell, this terminology of the Gaza Hell, it's another connection. And when we talk about the ongoing hostage and ceasfar situation, all of these things are connected into what is happening every single day in the region but also affecting the rest of the world.
Speaker 1: You can only imagine Iran according to media accounts if you can believe them that Iran is within a few weeks of having a nuclear weapon. And you can only imagine a nuclear weapon smuggled in the hands of Hamas or Hezbola or Isis or Boca Haram just name or Taliban named the terrorist group which is developing terror all over the world and wants to bring it to our shores. Can you imagine Israel's reaction when it is known that Iran has nuclear weapons and are prepared to use them against Israel. There's ten million individuals who live in Israel, about six million or Jews, and they believe never again. When I visit at the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem about a year and a half ago, never again is everywhere. And I would be shocked if baseball begins play in April without a major attack on Iran to take away their nuclear capability.
Speaker 7: Bill.
Speaker 9: The subtitle of my book is a World Gone Mad, And when I talked about a world gun mad, I'm not talking about crazy here. I'm talking about the acronym.
Speaker 7: For mutually assured destruction.
Speaker 9: Because we have, over the last seventy five years plus, have negotiated foreign diplomacy based on the fact that everyone involved as a.
Speaker 7: Lover of life.
Speaker 9: But here you're dealing the lover of life, is dealing with the lover of death, and mutually assured destruction is no longer a viable construct when we're using trying to be diplomatic. The Biden administration and understand that, and they thought they could go back and they could go back to the table with Iran and work things out. You cannot work out things with these people. And it's not Iran, by the way, bill, because I know a lot of Persians, I know a lot of Iranians are good people. This is the Islamic regime of Iran that is today in control of what is happening in Iran, and that is worse because they are holding that country, are holding all these people.
Speaker 7: If you pull.
Speaker 9: Theran, you pulled all these people, all the civilians there. They're not complicit like the people in Gaza. I don't believe they're complicit to all of this. And if you pull them, they would be more than happy to see this regime gone. So there, the regime is what complicates the situation even further is that the reneeme is holding these people are the ultimate human shields here in this whole, in this whole game. So yeah, it's it's just not going to happen. Okay, In the next coming weeks, Israel and the US are going to have a concerted effort to take out these allot of regimes. I hope Comedie has his bags packed because he's going to see his seventy two versions really soon. I also think that plan, that that Trump's plan. I know, you kind of we kind of talked about the connections between these things, but Trump's plan is brilliant. We need to get the Palestinians out of Gaza. And whether it's temporary with or it's permanent, I don't know. But we're not talking, you know, people of like, oh my god, that's a horrible situation.
Speaker 7: It's a horrible solution. How can you that's like genocide.
Speaker 9: First of all, it's not genocide because the fact is that there's been mass complicity here.
Speaker 7: Civilians went there.
Speaker 9: Were thousands of thousands of civilians who broke through the fence on October seventh and went to facilitate the murder of Jews and facilitate the the feeling of goods and things like that. So all of that goes out the window.
Speaker 7: When they say this can't happen.
Speaker 9: But I've got a plan for you, Bill that I want to tell you today.
Speaker 7: There are thirteen countries.
Speaker 9: There are thirteen countries out there that have done nothing but vilify Israel and support the Palestinians. And I say that it's time for these countries to put their money where their mouth is and to take in the Palestinians into their homes. And I'm going to talk to you about thirteen countries Iran, Katar, Turkey, eleven On, Syria, of Pakistan, Malaysia, South Africa, Ireland, Norway, Spain, Columbia and Brazil.
Speaker 7: Well, you know what, guys, it's time.
Speaker 9: For you to to It's time for you to cough up, to come to the table. Because if we go ahead and we distribute all the Palestinians in Gaza between these thirteen countries, that's one hundred and fifty three thousand people.
Speaker 7: Now, I want to think about it for a moment.
Speaker 9: Canada took in a million people, a million point two hundred and fifty thousand, of which one hundred and fifty thousand were Palestinians last year alone. Okay, to the demise of Canada, Intrudeau's an idiot. But that's another story. But the fact is is that one hundred and fifty three thousand people per country take them there. It is absolutely it is absolutely unheard of for these people to be able to walk through the rubble. You're talking about sending gasms home. There is nothing there. It is a parking lot. And what's even more dangerous is there is booby traps all over the place. There are bombs everywhere, there's tunnels, there's more cachet of weapons. We can't have people there otherwise it's never going to end. We got to clean that place up. People cannot go back into Gaza because it is a It is an absolute hellhole as it exists.
Speaker 7: And guess what. Countries like Qatar they.
Speaker 9: Funded all that, all their money. They were delivering three hundred million dollars of cores annually, three hundred and sixty million dollars to be exact, thirty to fifty million dollars a month into Camas's hands without any controls, knowing that Hamas was building tunnels, knowing that they were building up cachets of arms. So guess what, Qatar, this is your fault, this.
Speaker 7: Is your doing.
Speaker 9: It's now time to take responsibility for what you've done. Take in the palaest In and people house them, feed them, clothe them, educate them, civilize them while we clean up Gaza, get all that cleaned up. So I completely agree with transplane. I think it's a very genuine plan. I think it's actual. It's actually got a lot of it's got a lot of legs to it.
Speaker 1: And the other issue is the great majority of Muslim Arab states want Iran to be taken down. The Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, they all want them gone, and it's gonna happen sometime in the next couple of weeks to a couple of months. I can't conceive it getting to spring and summer with Iran getting closer a nuclear weapon when they're a culture of death, not one of life. Well, we got to run Israelis. You're out there, Yeah, please go ahead, a minute remaining, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm gonna I'm gonna leave you with one thing, Okay, there is no seventy two versions when.
Speaker 7: You drive a Bugatti.
Speaker 9: All of these all these countries are living extremely well. They've got some fantastic societies. They are living in a great quality of life. They don't want Iran the they don't want the Islamic regime of Iran to be successful here that your Egg's absolutely right.
Speaker 7: They want them out.
Speaker 9: Countries around they want them out, and they want peace in the region because the fact is is that you know, peace equals prosperity for everybody.
Speaker 7: Bill, your reader's got to go.
Speaker 9: Ahead and read my book because it's a it's it's a very objective and balanced and extremely informative and well cited and well researched, and it tells the history and it talks about the solutions.
Speaker 7: Because everyone could be a critic. I'm not just a critic.
Speaker 9: I am a person who seeks solutions. And the book they wake up, called Global Gad and the Rising of Anti Semitism in a World got Mad, is providing solutions that makes seven observations of how October seventh happened. And I am providing solutions globally. And I hope that I just had a copy delivered by the way to President Trump. I hope that that people take take take take heed to it and that they and they learn something from it. And if you read that book, it's very plainly put and I think it'll provide a lot of history for everybody.
Speaker 1: It's the wake up call Israel Elis once again, let's keep the lines of communication open. The next few weeks is going to be a rough ride. We're gonna have to strap it on and get ready to support Israel and what they have to do. Once again, Israel, Ellis, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Israel. You're a great American. Thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 9: I'm a Canadian, Bill, I'm not a doctor, and I'm not an American.
Speaker 7: I'm a game, but I am definitely a friend of America. I am afraid of American.
Speaker 9: I appreciate your support for Israel, the Jewish people and all good people, all JDA Christians out there. I really appreciate Bill. Thank you, and God bless.
Speaker 1: You, God bless you. And once again America beat Canada and that four nation hockey tournament. But that's a different issue. Thank you very much, Israel. Let's continue with more Bill Cunningham, with you every Sunday night. My Billy Cunningham, the great American, and say what you will. That guy knows quite a bit about what is happening, what has happened. Even though he's a Canadian and what's going to happen to Iran in the next several weeks. It must end. The head of the snake must be taken down, and then the world's given a chance at peace. And believe it or not, the most of the world would agree with that, and it wouldn't take any large military operation. They have an oil terminal about ten miles off the coast. They have two large dams that provide all the electricity for the whole country, and the defense ministry needs to be eliminated in Iran. It's sad. The Iranian people are a great people and they deserve so much better than what they're getting right now, and they're not getting it. But I think Benjamin Netcinaw who's going to give it to him. He's getting out as many hostages as possible. But allegedly, over the next two weeks, phase one is done. There's about thirty seven hostages remaining, allegedly half or dead. I don't think you're a hostage if you're dead, but that's a different issue. These are vicious murderers and if Amas stays in charge of gossip, this is going to continue for a very long period of time, and that cannot be allowed to occur. And in fact, this Saudi Arabia cutter the Emirates, none of them went to Hamas to be anywhere involved, although they funded repeatedly because it's good for domestic politics. So let's continue with more coming up next as Stephen mlloy the weather is terrible everywhere. He's going to come with some of the predictions of the past of what the climatologists told us was going to happen, and none of them, of course did was later on as Curtis Hawk of NewsBusters dot Org and so much more. The line becomes available eight six six six four seven seven three three seven Bill Cunningham, It's a Great American with all other great Americans, every Sunday Night by Billy Cunningham, the Great American. Steve mlloy, among other things, a Senior Fellow with the Energy and Environmental Legal Institute, a former Trump epa transition team member, also editor of Junk Science dot com, and once again Steve mlloy, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And you have a great column up about the Inflation Reduction Act, which has had some numbers that don't look good on paper. In fact, they look terrible for the going forward. And part of that reason is, of course, all the money that Biden and the Democrats dumped into the economy causing nine percent inflation about two and a half years ago. And in your column you referenced Senator Mike Lee of Utah, who's a great American, who talks about Congress and the Green new scam, and you have page after page, list after list of the spending, all of which generates great inflation. When you dumb trillions of dollars into the economy and there's a restriction of products, guess what, the price has got to go up. So what would you like to see happen in the first several months, which I think after the first three or four weeks, it's unbelievable. With the Trump term, I'm talking about clean energy production tax credit. I'm talking about the Clean Energy Investment tax credit. I'm talking about EV tax credits. I'm talking about advanced manufacturing production tax credits. I'm talking about carbon oxide sequestration tax credits, the clean hydrogen production tax credit. I could go on and on and on. All this is in the Green new Scam. Explain that to the American people.
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, so Joe Biden passed the green News scam through a special legislative process called budget reconciliation. Was not subject to the filibuster. So all they needed was you know, fifty one votes, which they got through the help of you know, Joe Mansion. And so we're stuck with this trillion dollars worth of wasteful spending on all the things you just mentioned, and we've got to end it because it is it's contributing to inflation. It's making inflation worse. I mean, along with Joe Biden's Wargan's fossil fuels. I mean, this is you know, this is also driving up cost of energy, which is inflationary. And so we need to get rid of the Inflation Reduction Act, which is the underlying law. We could do it the same way that it was passed through budget reconciliation. Conveniently, President Trump is looking at one or two budget reconciliation packages sometime in the first half the year. And you know, Republicans, if they have the courage and I have not been corrupted by the money, could make it easy for President Trump and just you know, repeal the entire inflation Reduction Act and all this wasteful spending. I'm hoping that will happen, but I'm not sure there's you know, President Trump has a more difficult backup plan, which you're kind of seeing in action right now, with does just going into these the agencies, finding the corrupt spending and saying, you know, Congress didn't attend for this money to be spent correctly. So, uh, there's two ways. There's a there's an easy way and hard way. And you know, I'm hoping Republicans in Congress don't make it, don't make President Trump have to do it the hard way.
Speaker 1: You stay a lawyer. In your column, you talk about a trillion dollars one point oh seven trillion dollars of the cost. The Clean Energy Production Tax Credit had a cost of two hundred and thirty five billion. The Clean Energy Investment Tax Credit cost a one hundred and ten billion. The EV tax credits was three hundred and sixteen billion dollars out of the treasury. The carbon oxide Sequestration Tax Credit was sixty one billion. It goes on and on up to a up to a trillion dollars. Do you know how much money has been shoveled into the economy. Is there some money to capture? So when you say, like the Trumpster says, we're going to terminate the Green new scam, We're going to get rid of that, and you have terminate next to it. But how much money has already gone out the door it can't be.
Speaker 11: Stopped, Well, it's hard to say. I think that those is trying to find that out right now. As of before the election, about one hundred and forty billion dollars had been wasted. And then of course after the election we all read about how the Bide administration has just been shoveling out money as fast as they can. Of course, a lot of that is you know, waste fraud abuse of course, as all Green New scams making is. So there's you know, probably at least a couple hundred billion dollars has already been wasted. But President Trump could and could make sure that we never get to that trillion dollars spending. And I think that everything has been frozen right now, there's no money going out. Of course, you know, we're going to have fights in the courts and the left is going to forum shop. Finally, left wing judges to say what Trump is doing is somehow illegal and unconstitutional, But that's nonsense. I mean, it is not illegal for the president not to commit fraud.
Speaker 1: And as an attorney and former assistant ag in the state of Ohio, I respect courts, but there's about four hundred and fifty US district court judges. They do not conduct foreign policy, they do not conduct domestic spending. It's up to the President and the Congress to do that. And so when you have a federal judge in Rhode Island issuing orders against Donald Trump not to seek waste, fraud and abuse in USAID and don't go after them, I would hope to think of responsible judges at some point we get involved. We have one president popularly elected. We don't have four hundred district court federal judges issuing their own policies on the On the matter of EV tax credits, I noticed in the Wall Street Journal about two and a half weeks ago that Ford Motor Company lost last year in twenty twenty four five point one billion dollars. That's five thousand, one hundred billion dollars. That's five point one billion on evs. Fortunately, the company made on combustion engines about five point six billion, so they're not had to tour to bankruptcy. And according to the according to Farley, who's the president and CEO of Ford, he says in twenty twenty five, we're gonna lose more money. And I'm thinking, you got to be kidding me.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I know, this green stuff has just made everybody crazy. And of course, you know, Ford is left led by leftists. They can't really do math, they don't want to do math. They just want to advance leslie agenda.
Speaker 3: Ford lost.
Speaker 11: You know what that figure you mentioned that five point one billion in losses works out to about seventeen thousand dollars per ev sold. What kind of businessman does it? Henry Ford would obviously never have done that. We have got to end the green news scam and all the climate hoax and all this green stuff. It has is gotten out of control. It's been out of control for a long time, and I think we're at the point. Look, we're thirty six trillion dollars in debt. We pay more than a trillion dollars in interest payments credit you know, essentially credit card debt every year. This this has got to end. And you know, I'm you know, it's going to be ugly in the news for a long time, and we're going to have ugly court fights, but it's got to be done. You know, people are claiming that Trump is Trump is a monarch and a king, and you know, Busnik, no, he is trying to save the country. Now, one day we're going to have to put the presidency, you know, cut the presidency back down the size and have constitutional government. But right now we need to end this or we're going to be done.
Speaker 1: At your website, junk science, do you have a blog that is wrong? Again? Fifty years have failed eco apocalyptic predictions, and you have you've come with the receipts. For example, in nineteen sixty seven in the Los Angeles Times, big story dire famine forecasted by nineteen seventy five, so they predicted eight years from nineteen sixty seven there would be dire famine. I'm reading the story. It is already too late for the world to avoid a long period of famine similar to the Dark Ages, a Stanford University climatologist said. And he goes on and this story talks about within eight or nine years we're going to be We're going to be a ferreting. We're gonna be eating grass. We're going to be in the woods eating leaves and bark. This is unbelievable. How'd that turn out?
Speaker 11: Yes, So the guy that made that prediction is Paul Erlick. He's, you know, part of the National Academy of Sciences. So the left thinks he's really really small. But of course he was completely wrong. I mean, you know, he said he predicted starvation, mass starvation by nineteen seventy five. Well, you know, let's fast forward to today. Since nineteen seventy five, the world's population has more than doubled. We have so much food we'd burn it for energy.
Speaker 1: We have so much food we throw away one third of whatever we order. Another story in New York Times, August tenth, nineteen sixty nine, A pollution. A foe of pollution sees lack of time, the trouble with almost all environmental problems, says Paul Aerlick, who was an apostle of this stuff. He said, we must realize that, unless we're extremely lucky, everyone will disappear in a cloud of blue steam in twenty years. So he said, by nineteen eighty nine, you and I would be in a cloud breathing into a critic and arsenic and that we would like evaporate. How'd that work out?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think he said we would disappear at a cloud of blue steam. Well, these people are always wrong, They've been wrong for fifty years. And of course they have these because they rely on nutjobs. I mean Paul Rwick nutjob, Alexandria Kazia Cortez nutjob, Grant the Thirdnberg, Grestenberg nut job, Al Gore nut job, John Kerry nudjob, I mean, commine, what do you expect?
Speaker 3: Recall that?
Speaker 7: Just you know.
Speaker 11: Within the past eighteen months, Joe Biden said that nuclear war is worse than global warming. I'm sorry, global warming is worse than nuclear war.
Speaker 3: Honey, Come on, he's crazy.
Speaker 1: How about this prediction from the Boston Globe of nineteen seventy nine signs predict a new Ice Age by the twenty first century. Experts say air pollution may obliterate the sun and cause a new ice Age in the first third of the next century. James P. Lodge also warned that if the current rate of increase in electric power continues, we will be dark. There will be no electricity production. By the twenty first century, the demands for a cooling water will boiled dry. The entire flow of the rivers and streams of the content of the United States will all run dry. He also warned that by the next century we're in it now, the consumption of oxygen and combustion processes worldwide will surpass all the processes which return oxygen to the atmosphere. We will not be able to breathe. We may have to dig caves, live underground. According to Lodge, a scientist with the Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado, said Alaska and Awhi are already consuming more oxygen than their own green plants can replace. Therefore, we will die and the New Ice Age will arrive. You might recall in the late nineteen seventies that we had ice and snow everywhere, and time Newsweek magazine said the coming New Ice Age. How'd that prediction turn out?
Speaker 11: Yeah, So in the seventies they were worried about the ice age. Then when it started to warm up, it became global warming. But when the warming didn't really work out, it became climate change. And when the people saw there's no climate changes, it became extreme weather and now we're at a point where, you know, seasonal weather, you know, winter weather in wintertime is climate change?
Speaker 1: They change not even having climate change, Yeah, it's not. And how about us science and season new ice age coming? This is another one. A government official says the world could be under thirty to fifty inches of snow in the next twenty to twenty five years, says doctor Raskell of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration clumb University. Within the next fifty years, the Arctic could could be essentially under one hundred feet of ice, and the Equator itself could be snow covered by the year twenty ten.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's only too bad that around so that we can mock them, right, I mean, they should be on TV explaining themselves and you know, debunking all this all this apocalyptic thinking. You know, today's today's apocalyptics are all you know, they're not doing it because they're crazy. They're doing it because they're communists and they want us to surrender control of our lives and surrender our standard of living to them, you know. So, I mean, at least those people were just wrong, but today's apocalyptics are knowing they wrong.
Speaker 7: But they're evil.
Speaker 1: What are some of the apocalyptic terms being used today? If you and I are around another fifty years and talk radio still exists, and your grandchildren are still around the the what are the predictions now and say, twenty twenty twenty twenty five that are going to be wrong? For example, we're being told that Florida is going to be under about six feet of water, that the not an ice age, we're going to we're all going to boil to death, and that the oceans are rising, the temperatures are going up, and we're past the point at which that win out can control it. If we go past two degrees fahrenheit, two point five degrees fahrenheit is the point of no return. What does all that mean?
Speaker 11: Well, I don't know what, you know. Unlike these people, I don't predict the future. I just it's just impossible, you know. All I know is that everything they've ever predicted has been fault, has not come true. Their predictions are fake. They're not science. Nothing they say, nothing they predict is ever going to happen because they're always wrong, and they're wrong, not because they make factual error. They're wrong because they're you know, driven by their policy agenda, and you know, I don't know what the future holds. I mean, humanity has survived all sorts of slight climate change. And that's the only thing that can ever really happen, slight climate change unless there's a catastrophe like you know, nuclear war, you know, global nuclear war, or an asteroid hits something like that, you know, that could change the climate. But emissions, there's no evidence that emissions have had any effect, let alone a warming effect, let alone a harmful effect on our planet.
Speaker 1: Lastly, the acid rain was a big thing about twenty five years ago. Had lines all over the country acid rain kills lake killed. I'm sorry, acid rain kills life in lakes. There's no the fish are being killed all over Minnesota, Michigan. All the lakes are dying. Then about fifteen years later, the US government came out with a long study quote acid rain no environmental impact study concludes. So we changed.
Speaker 11: Another classic hoax. First off, all rain is acidic. It comes through the atmosphere, the water mixes with the carbon do side, and it's you know, and the other gases in the atmosphere, and so it's slightly acidic. But then when it falls to the ground, it gets neutralized. This is you know, and there's no evidence that the lakes or waterways became more cidic. Today we hear about ocean acidification. There's no such thing happening. First off, the ocean is not acidifying. You know, maybe it's becoming slightly less basic, but you know, cleaning ocean is acidification is like saying that two is more negative than three.
Speaker 9: It's not.
Speaker 1: I mean, in the year two thousand and one, within twenty years the Malbes, the Islands, and the Pacific, two hundred thousand people should be under the ocean. Twenty five years later, there's been no rise whatsoever in the Maldives that they still exist. They're still doing quite well. And in fact, we had a dry summer. We've had kind of a cold winter, especially in the Midwest, weather's been terrible. But that's never an example. So give us the facts. We went about two minutes from Manning Steve Maloy junk science dot com.
Speaker 12: What are they?
Speaker 1: What is the present thing?
Speaker 11: The fahrenheit thinking, You know, the most recent data shows that like ninety percent of them are actually increasing in size and increasing is not decreasing as far as I can tell.
Speaker 8: So there's no there there.
Speaker 11: I'm telling you. If these people are talking, they're lying, and.
Speaker 1: They're doing it for power positions and money. Look at what USA has found, which is millions of dollars handed out to think tanks to come to a defined conclusion that will drive public policy. And I think that's the key. They want a defined conclusion to drive public policy, which is always spending more money.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I can't wait till those gets over to EPA and the Department of Energy and Department of Interior and we can find out, you know, how much money has been wasted on not only crazy climate research and clean energy projects, but how much money has gone to these green activist groups. So the government is paying the green activist groups to lobby the government or you know, do other nefarious work to advance this lestling agenda. We need to learn about that.
Speaker 1: Lastly, quote, children won't know what snow is. That's the year two thousand that snow. Children have no idea what that is. Famine will be rampant, the skies will turn green, all of us will live underground. Sure, any of that is true. I see snow everywhere. But nonetheless, Steve mlloy once again junk science dot Com. It's all there. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, Steve, thank you, well said, it's all free. God bless you. Thank you. Let's continue with more headline New York Times. Two thousand children won't know what snow is. Bill Cunningham, the Great American, live with you every Sunday night. You know, it's kind of amazing. We have the stories I shared with you with Steve mlloy Junkstump. The kids were told forty years ago, thirty years ago they would never see snow again. When I look out at the window, all I see is snow. When I look around, all I see is ice. And every prediction of the climate alarmists has proven to be false. Whatever difficulties we have, they can be solved. All of us are against pollution, but none of us believe that the humankind can affect the rotation of the plan. Let's continue with more. Coming up next will be uh Curtis Houfing so much more. Bill Cunningham with you every Sunday.
Speaker 2: Willie brought you by Choice Hotels, Econo Lodge and Roadway In Hotels are serving up double points for every qualifying stay.
Speaker 3: Book at Choice hotels dot com.
Speaker 4: Now here's the man who's been recognized as radio's best, the recipient of not one, but two prestigious Marconi Awards for his broadcast excellence, the one and only Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, the great American. Of course, Media Research Center also NewsBusters dot org, a part thereof covers the mainstream media garbage in, garbage out. If all the information you received from the so called mainstream media is wrong, you may cast a ballot based upon fraudulent information. So the services of Brent Broseel's group Media Research Center NewsBusters dot org is really important. Joining you and I, I is Curtis Howck. He's a representative of MRC, executive vice president of NewsBusters dot org, in which they chronicle daily, hourly, every minute with the American people see, read, and hear through the mainstream media. And Curtis Houck, managing editor of a NewsBusters Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. One thing I noticed going on now whenever there's an air traffic control incident, and Salley has been several recently, that number one, it's Donald Trump's fault and you have a COLLAGQUI here involving NBC News, who is a critical of Trump's attempt to overhaul the outdated air traffic control system, and on The Today Show, correspondent Ryan Nobles ripped Trump for quotes suggesting the aviation system is outdated without providing examples to which you know it is. So, how does the media say one thing about air traffic controllers that may contribute to airplane crashes, et cetera. On one hand, but on the other hand, we know it's an outdated system because the American people are getting the correct information. Explain that to the American people.
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, Bill, I mean, I think without evidence is like the liberal media's favorite catchphrase. You feel like, you know, they love saying that. They love saying that to describe anything alleged about anything by anyone they don't like, regardless of whether it's true or not. It's the new your racist or your sexist. They use this as an attempt to shut down discussion of, you know, whatever they want to talk about. In this case, it's air traffic control. The other thing that's really been in the news is Doge Friday Morning CNN high this insane Tiron saying Trump musk alleged massive fraud in government without solid proofs. It's the same sort of thing they do this on issue after issue, where you know, they'll say that, oh, there's not there's not fraud. You know, there's not fraud in government. No, thea is just fine. Uh, just forget about just forget about the fact that you know, people have been saying this for decades NAKA the Union for our Traffic Controllers have been saying, uh, something needs to change. Forget about all that stuff. There's no evidence. It's amazing to see Bill, how you know. I mean, we knew this to be true already, but the left has gone, you know, from claiming to stand up for the little guy and working people, average Americans to providing aid and comfort to the government. That's really what this is. Oh, the poor federal workers, Oh my gosh, this is this is just awful. They're just you know, these people are glorified college professors with tenure. That's really what we been dealing with. Yes, people go in there for job security and government. But at the same time, the idea that they've never been you know, exposed to or have to deal with uncertain job environments, which literally the rest of the ninety nine percent of the country has to deal with is just rich.
Speaker 1: You know what, one of the great things at NewsBusters dot org is, unbeknownst to you, me or and everyone, there's a there's a limestone mine in the state of Pennsylvania, two hundred and fifty feet below ground in which Theay's store box after box. I can imagine that documents in there of federal employee records. If you want to retire, you have to retire through a limestone mine. Some were underground in Pennsylvania guarded taking hundreds of federal employees currently, and the records are kept there underground in a limestone mine, which is costing a taxpayer and then in the range of twenty to forty million dollars a year to store paper in a limestone mind, and that's justified.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it is uh ridiculous. I mean, there was a question at the White House Press briefing this past week Caroline Levitt somebody from CBS, Jennifer Jacobs, who said, you know, are these things that you're pointing out and el Musk is talking about, are these really actually examples of waste, fraud and abuse or are these justa she don't like and Caroline was kind of shocked, but she had a great answer. She didn't completely flipped out. She just calmly said, well, if you want to stand up here and defense some of these things as worthwhile uses of the taxpayer dime, be my guest, because it's not gonna work. It's not gonna go well for you. You know, the government, even under the most lean circumstances, people support things like airtraffic controllers. People's the military paying our you know, veterans, providing them great care. But when it comes to these other things, Department of Education CFPB usaid, you know, there's this suck thinking that, oh no, it's just money for kids to have school lunches, or the CFPB is like the only thing standing in the way of protecting people from fraud. And it's like, what like, I mean, yes, we had like things were created, certain ages were created after the scandal of that scandal, but it's like America was the wild wild West until like the age of Barack Obama or Jimmy Carter before that is just insane.
Speaker 1: Curtis Hock, you have a great column up about the CBS Evening News used to be the gold standard. I can think of the days. Everyone in the CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite, this is wonderful and unbeknownst to many people, Laura O'Donnell, who was the anchor for the last few years, had terrible ratings. Nobody watched, so they decided to go with a dual anchor system of John Dickerson and Maurice du Bois. They're up there telling us every day about the CBS Evening News, and they're comparing the Ukraine peace deal, which may or may not occur. I hope it does, to the nineteen thirty eight Adolf Hitler appeasement that somehow CBS nuve says that if there's peace in the Ukraine, it's similar to Chamberlain coming back with peace in our times, comparing the fight with Russia and Ukraine to Nazi Germany. Explain that one for us.
Speaker 12: Wow, this one is insane. You know, I'm a very pro Ukraine person. A lot of our guys in the office are, and it kind of leaves us out of step with a lot of folks on the right. But even this story last night got me like driving up a wall. Or jorgeven Ea bit the bullet and wrote it up for us. But you know, they proposed no alternatives. They just simply covetched and belliated about all the things that Donald Trump is doing or proposing in terms of Ukraine. To simply say that the war has to end. They're saying, oh, he's appeasing and giving in to Putin. They proposed no alternatives. And this is the thing the liberal media bill they love to complain and complain and complain about Republicans ill I don't like this. They're not doing nick rough, but they offer no alternatives in terms of like, okay, so what do you think you guys should do instead? And their guys have had four years to figure this out and they have to, you know, upset with the fact that, you know, Pete Heiksa simply said, hey, guys, going back to how things were before, like Russian invaded Crimea in eastern Ukraine in twenty fourteen, probably not going to happen like this. That was somehow some affront to humanity. And it's like it's called being realistic, guys.
Speaker 1: Well, another posting at NewsBusters dot org involves ABC News. You may not know it, but the view every East every day, eleven am Eastern time, is a product of ABC News. Peter Jennings will be rolling over in his grave and Sunny Houston, among the most leftering, ridiculous so called journalists in the world, claims that Trump is acting the Department of Education to create a permanent underclass that has gone in the billionaires, to have a permanent group of kids, especially in urban areas, they can't read and write. Well, what the hell's happening?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 1: What's going on as I speak, the permanent underclass? And they want to change in and empower the states to do a better job. But this article describes the status of public education today, which is the worst in the world. So if we try to fix it, then you want to create a permanent underclass.
Speaker 12: Yeah, hold on, Bill, I thought the leftising I thought it's the left that's trying to create a permanent on your class by keeping illegal immigrants in this country. But okay, well that's just yeah, yeah, because that's kind of what they're doing. But who will pick the cotton. They sound like pre Civil War Confederates out there, so for them to talk about a permanent end class is just rich with irony. You know, President Trump is absolutely right that we spend poodles of cash year after a year in suburban, urban, rural school districts that are struggling, and things aren't exactly improving. Things are not very good. And to put it mildly, so the solution maybe is not to throw more money at it, because that's really what the Department of Education has been in large parts. It has been redirecting money, giving out plots of money, and clearly things are not going well.
Speaker 3: We have a.
Speaker 12: Mental and psychological scourge in this country that is still revealing itself in the students who are still in school and going into adulthood who went through COVID in schools. My brother is a high school teacher, my dad is a SRO at another school back in Leicester, Pennsylvania, and they see this too, that certain age groups that we're going through, particularly already what would be challenging school years as they move up through school are just they just behave differently in a bad way compared to the other kids who are younger and did work going through school during COVID. And I just think, you know, something has to change, and President Trump is saying, let's change it. But for CNN to say that there's no solid Proof or ABC to say there's a permanent underclass being created is just doom casting.
Speaker 1: And you know, Curtis Halkumnewsbusters dot Org, Managing editor. One thing I've noticed it's that when fourth grade testing occurs, that there's a large disparity between whether a fourth grader can read or not. You kind of learn to read and then you read to learn, and the longer you're in many of these public schools in the cities, in the rural areas, by the eighth grade, it's going backwards. In other words, you would hope in the fourth grade there are many good governors. And in fact, George Bush forty three had this promise to read in the fourth grade requirement of doe. How did that work out? Not well at all. And so if you don't learn to read, you can't read to learn. And so the longer you're in school, the worse it gets. And so the solution is not to keep doing the same thing ninety two billion dollars a year spending Department of Education. Maybe take that might take forty billion centerto the states and say you at the local level, determine what to do because we have failed. There's some ridiculous number hundreds of thousands of DOE employees who spend ninety two billion dollars. And by the time these same kids in the fourth grade that they do poorly by the eighth grade is dismal. By the twelfth grade, you have diplomas that can't be read by a lot of the kids. In fact, eighty percent of eighty percent of eighth graders cannot read at the appropriate level. And if you don't learn to read, you can't read to learn. And instead of trying something different, they're attacking Donald Trump for saying education is a local matter. And I know you believe this curtis out, but I'll say it that it's up to parents. It's up to a good mom or a good dad. I had a great mom and a bad dad. But by the time I went to school as the first grader, I knew how to read, and by the time was a fourth grader, I was reading to learn other stuff. And so if you have terrible parents that don't get a four or five six year old ready for school, I say shut down the system and begin in the first grade. We're going to have a new sheriff in town, which means, guess what you're going to learn to read by the time you come to school. And if not, stop what we're doing, try something different, because the longer these kids are in school, the worse they get. Now that's the permanent underclass, would you agree.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 12: My brother teaches high school math, so it's a very similar issue. It's the other issue that's tested multiple times throughout the student's time in grade school, so he sees that as well. And my dad, actually, before he became an SRO, taught health and pe and middle school for twenty years and it was much the same thing, talking about parental involvement. I couldn't I can't tell you how many times still I heard my dad talk about that when he'd come home from school and he'd be sitting at the dinner table talking about issues involving parental involvement. That behavior stems from what's going on at home. Yet, teachers can change lives. My third grade teacher got me interested in politics and the presidency and that changed my life. But you also need parents, absolutely duty tango.
Speaker 1: Now, lastly, one of my bugaboos the last twenty or thirty years is public broadcasting, and that is five reasons to have funded I've not heard much yet from the Trumpster about defunding public broadcasting, which is terrible, and if you want to support it, I love all these fundraising drives in which the Beg's are brought back to life and they perform for you in condition that you send in one hundred and ten dollars to get a CD for whatever the hell that is of the Beg's. But explain one or two reasons why public broadcasting needs to be defunded immediately, if not sooner.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean this is actually insane. I mean the one that we hear a lot about about NewsBusters and you talk about a lot is just a bias obviously, just on the issue of transgender is we looked at seven months of the PBS news hower, they game over ninety percent more airtime of airtime to the left view about transgenderism. And when it comes to money, yes, I'm totally with you. If you want to support this, you should. In PBS has three hundred and forty five affiliates, which is insane when you consider ABC is two forty eight, CBS two fifty one, NBC two thirty five. On NPR there is one thousand and eighty five NPR affiliates the same of New York alone had seventy three. That is insane, you know, the two belt. Lastly, the equipment, they get the nicest equipment out there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 12: And the idea that like, oh, if you shut down the four NPR, one of the four NPR affiliates or three of them in a small town, people are still gonna get their news. Is not going to be the end of the world.
Speaker 1: There's a lot to say about transgender on the other side, which is the dam whage cause long term to sexually mutilate teenage boys and girls, to give them puberty blockers that changes them permanently. Britain did this long, extensive, twenty five year study that set over seventy percent of those who went through transgenderisms of one top hormones or surgery said in their thirties and forties, guess what we made A serious blunder, a serious mistake. There's loss to be said for that. We don't tell a fourteen year old that can drive a car, you can smoke a cigarette, you can't have a contract, you can't get married. But guess what with the doctor's permission and the hospital's permission and the parents' permission, you can sexually mutilate a fourteen or fifteen year old. That's absurd. But to consider that PBS right now is funded to the tune of five hundred million dollars. To me, that's low hanging fruit. Because the other issue, Curtis House is somewhat duplicitous. I get the same information from the New York Times, I get it from CBS, NBC, ABC, I get it everywhere. Liberalism is you big and so it's not like giving us counter programming to the mainstream media. It is the mainstream media and we're paying for it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, WLW, your main station has, you know, is public airwaves, ACCBS, NBC. You can still get it with the old rabbit ears.
Speaker 11: See.
Speaker 12: The idea that you somehow need another one that is funded by the taxpayers is ludicrous at this.
Speaker 1: Point, Curtis Hauk once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Curtis, you're a great American.
Speaker 12: You are a great American.
Speaker 3: Bill talk again soon.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Let's continue with more and if the line becomes available, and you know the routine. But PBS get the same information through numerous media outlets. But why do we pay for it directly? Is beyond me. Bill Cunningham, the Grand American, live with you every Sunday night. Goody, Bill cunning Into, the Great American. I love to have NewsBusters dot org out there, which records constantly every minute of every day, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS and more, New York Times, Washington Post, and they put them all together for you. Now. One thing happened earlier today and yesterday was that there appears to be a CNN White House correspondent deleting a tweet supporting CEO killer Luigi Mangione's defense fund, that being Caitlin Collins. She is perceived to be the next superstar after the old Wolf Flitzer has finally retired, and along with Jake Tapper, and she had a tweet up under her CNN moniker in which she had listed a fund to raise money for Luigi MAGGIONI. You might know that on onor about December the fourth, about what about three months ago, Brian Thompson, a father of three and the CEO of Not at Health, was walking to Manhattan to an early morning meeting at a big time hotel in Manhattan and Luigi MAGGIONEI stalked him and killed him in cold blood. It was like a political assassination, killing someone for their beliefs, for their job. And it appears that CNN's Caitlin Collins listed on her ex account the Defense Fund, which believe it or not, has raised about a half a million dollars so far to defend this murderer committing murder on video, a murder which is captured on video, and it was predicted and it was talked about in the mainstream media as an excuse. I don't buy it at all, but let's continue with more. Coming up next will be the status of American education with doctor Suzanne Barcher's and It's not good Bill Cunningham, The Great American with you every Sunday Night by Bill Cunningham, The Great American. And one of the items on the chopping block. And the Trump administration is taking about the ninety billion dollars out of the US Department of Education, not to jump into the ocean, to have the state departments of Education and Minister of the money. And many people find that attractive. I watched this morning one of the cable shows with Ranny Weingardner, who's the head of the Teachers Union. She hates this. She doesn't like the idea of taking power away from Washington and returning into the States. And Doctor Suzanne Barchers is the editor in chief of and Vice president of the leap Frog. She's authored more than fifty books, ranging from college textbooks to short, decotable children's books to readers in Theater books. She served as a public school teacher. She has an affiliate faculty position at the University of Colorado in Denver, etc. And Doctor Barchers, you appear to be an expert on this, So first of all, let me ask you this, what is the current state of American public education?
Speaker 13: Well, princellant me correct the background. I'm no longer at leap Frog, and I'm the chair of the Advisory Educational Committee for Lingo Kids in Madrid, which is a literacy app But to your point, we have a very complex situation with the state of reading, and I think there are several things that have contributed to that. First, we have such a diverse population, and I think there's some meriag in returning the funding back to the states, because if you compare a state like Wyoming to a states such as California, they have different challenges and different needs for their children.
Speaker 1: And let's face it, I've always believed that you learn to read and then you read to learn, and if you don't learn to read by the fourth or fifth grade, that's a big problem. Most of may I say my generation went to school able to read because parents took the time to sit down ahead of time and get the kid ready to learn, and so by the eighth grade, please it.
Speaker 13: I was going to say, that's very true. The ones A little nuance I would put on that is that when children are learning to read, they're also reading to learn because they're building skills that serve them well throughout their lifetime. And depending on the books that they're reading and the kind of books that were when we were young, we were learning how to look at the illustrations and interpret that. And it's very true that parents these days, because of financial concerns or their jobs, or maybe they are single parents, they may not have that time to sit down and read aloud to the children.
Speaker 7: And Knight and I don't know what you.
Speaker 13: Were raised on, but I've been ticking around for a long time, so I was raised on that. Dick and Jane and what we've found over the years, is that the theories keep changing. We go from a strict phonics program to a more literature base. And from my teaching working with classrooms or media readers, is that one size fits few. You need a lot of tricks in your pocket, a lot of strategies to help the readers, because one may work really well with phonics and another not. And our districts are oftome looking for that silver bullet that's going to teach all the kids, and that's just unrealistic.
Speaker 1: And more and more students are going to more and more public schools fewer and fewer. I can't imagine being a school teacher in Milwaukee or Chicago, or Los Angeles or Cincinnati. I can't imagine what they go through. According to their statistics, and Cincinnati, I'm familiar with it, and I think around the country is probably pretty close. About forty five percent of public school kids in Cincinnati are chronically absent. And if you go to the category of black boys that are chronically absent, it's about seventy one percent or chronically absent, and so on.
Speaker 7: Whom do you situation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And.
Speaker 13: I don't think there's any one answer to that question as far as blame responsibility. I think teachers in general are very dedicated and they're searching for the answers. I think the administrations are also very dedicrated and they're looking for that. But let's say we have our population in Chicago and compare that to a country that has a very homogeneous group of children coming through.
Speaker 7: Such as Norway or Sweden.
Speaker 13: We just have such a complex situation here, not only absenteeism, but we have children who have not had breakfast before they come to school, they not had been enriched cultures. A school could have up to fifty or more individual native languagees coming in, and that's far tougher than when I was teaching, and we didn't have nearly the diverse number of languages and the needs to serve so many children. And that's what we're in the business for, is to serve those kids. So certainly financial resources are important.
Speaker 1: Spending more money doctor Suzanne Barcher's we spend more on public education than any advanced country in the world, and we have less results. We've identified some of the problems the solutions. Because I know the teachers administrators are well intended. They get in for the best and the right reasons. After about ten years, many teachers simply can't take it anymore because of behavior. And I know in Cincinnati there's about thirty different languages spoken, and allegedly you have to get you have to get a translator for each of the dialects of their languages, otherwise it's worthless. I could not imagine being in a Japanese classroom when I was ten years old and have the teacher only speaking Japanese and I could learn anything. And so you have almost insurmountable problems, and I'm thinking it's not going to get better. We still spend I know Washington, d c. Is about forty thousand dollars per student, the city of Cincinnati is about twenty city of Chicago is about thirty thousand dollars per student, and the results are terrible. And so do you have definable solutions that would turn this around?
Speaker 7: I wish I did.
Speaker 13: I do think that. I think more emphasis on those first years of a child's life is really important. And I think as much as possible, educating the parents to do the best they can, and of course they all want success for their children, but giving them guidance on in learning experiences for children. I think there are advantages to having apps that kids can use that are educational and support literacy, particularly children who are on the autism spectrum. And I think when we guide parents do judicious use of screen time, that really helps the children. That's one small piece of the puzzle. I do think reading aloud to young children is very very important. Having them cook with you at home, using all kinds of chores and routine experiences to reinforce learning skills so that when they come into kindergarten in first grade, they have a bit of a leg up on the kinds of expectations that are there. And one of the things that's been a problem historically is, as I said, we're always looking for that silver bullet. Theories of the right reading program or the right mass program changed periodically, and so everybody's shifts to that new program, and then they find that some children are being left behind. So the pendulum swings, and you just got to get out of the way of the pendulum so you don't get clobbered in the process.
Speaker 1: And doctor Barcher's I believe that a good mom or a good dad. I had a good mom, had a terrible dad, but that's a different issue. At least one good parent is the first teacher, the last teacher, and the best teacher you're ever going to have. And so when I came up through the ranks in the Catholic school system, there were forty kids in a classroom with one teacher, and the behavioral norms were followed. Otherwise you got whacked and there was education. And if I didn't couldn't read by the third grade, something was wrong. And now I know presidents like George Bush forty three spent billions of dollars on guaranteed reading by the fourth grade. That failed. Miserable because so many parents in the public schools in rural America are not invested in their child's education. They know from the first get go. And I thought, at one point, doctor, and you may get your view on this, for the public school system to begin in the first grade, with the first time a first grader comes to class the first time, and have sit downs with the parents or guardians involved with the expectations. They're going to be high. You're going to bring the kid to school with a cereal, You're going to work with the kid when the kid comes in the first day of school with the homework sit down. I know, Penny and I sat down with our son regularly from Saint Gertrude to Madeira High School, and we made sure he did his homework and we helped him a little bit, but essentially he had to learn. And so so many children today are in completely dysfunctional families and the mother or the father or the guardian doesn't do that sit down every day, but almost to say, okay, we're going to begin with the first grade, the first day of class. These are the expectations as a parent, because the parents is the first, the last, and the best teacher the kid would ever have. Does that make any sense?
Speaker 13: Absolutely, And for most children who do thrive, it's because someone valued education and took the time. I homeschooled two of my grandchildren during COVID, so I went from being a retired educator who could do a little consulting and do lots of traveling to someone who was housebound like the rest of us. And it was a humbling experience for me to be teaching again, and yet such an enriching experience because it really gave me a chance to delve in almost like a little one run schoolhouse where I just had two children, but they were five years apart in age, and I had to really think about how to meet their needs. So if you have that one parent or grandparent or older sibling or anybody, if the public could step in too and realize that they could be an advocate for a child who needs help, that would be a big step. And we have that with the Big Brother Big Sister program, which is not educationally oriented. It's you know, in full but if we had more volunteer opportunities for that one on one experience. So we're not remdiating that's important too, but we're advocating from the very early age that the learning is important and it's worthwhile. It would make a huge difference.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: I imagine being in an environment like in Chicago or Los Angeles, who you have a completely dysfunctional family. The mother or father doesn't require you to go to school. You're chronically absent, you're running in the streets. Two thirds of these kids as eighth graders, two thirds, about seventy percent cannot read at the appropriate level. They have no chance of getting on to college or trade school until some I don't know, some bell goes off in their brain and I'm thinking spending more money on that kid is not going to have a measurable impact. If you can reach a few kids one to one, mono imano is the way to get it done. But I think failing is an important thing too. In public schools today, you can't fail. You cannot show up, not take the test, have fs across the board, and I don't think they even use that grading system anymore, and they promote you to the next grade. I had many teachers tell me that I have a fourteen year old who's come in from Guatemala and he has no language skills, has no educational foundation. What grade do we put him in when he doesn't speak English? It's like, well, what do you do in that situation? Doctor Barcher's What does any urban school district do when they have hundreds or thousands of students who show up to be educated, not learning the language, and they have no educational foundation. What do you do about that?
Speaker 13: Well, I would go back to what I was just discussing in seeing if you can't somehow enlist the public support people as they age. All the boomers are getting up there, they're not going to want to increase their tax Dell but I do think if someone asked, I'm a perfect example of that. If Denver Public Schools said we need some people who will devote two or three hours a week or one hour Monday, Wednesday Friday to help, I add an individual at a local school. I need the first to sign up. But you know, we have to be asked. There's lots of us out there who want to help, and I think that might be a tip I would pass on to the public at large, is asked, ask for that help, for that volunteer help.
Speaker 1: Doctor Susanne Barcher's, we have identified many problems, not many solutions other than individuals one on one getting involved one on one first grade beginning at that teachers, student and the parents got to be on the same page. Number two, you got it can't be chronically absent. You can't fail to go to school and then learn. And number three, it's got to be consequences and returning money to the States. Well, it makes a lot of sense to me. But thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show and doctor Suzanne Barcher's. Good luck and I love your ideas, so we'll see if we can implement some of them. And thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Doctor, Thank you, thank you, great conversation.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Let's continue with more Bill to Cunningham. First of all, thank you very much for listening tonight. In many parts of our great nation, it is a literal refrigerator. What's happening weatherwise has been awful. How someone can continue to maintain that there's man made global warming causing climate change? The climate change is cold. And if you had my if you were worth about an hour a half ago, I had a guest on, Steve Malloy of junks science dot com laid out repeatedly all the mistakes, all the mistakes that the predictors have made the past fifteen to thirty years about what's going to happen, including thirty years ago the climatologists told you and I that children in twenty twenty five would not see snow. That wouldn't exist anymore. Global warming warning would be so bad that snow would not exist. Many of us wish that was the case tonight. But also it was so great to watch Jade Vance a few days ago in the Munich Security Conference lay out the difficulties, shall we say, in Europe as we speak, which are very similar to exactly the same difficulties we have here in America today. And it's sick and it's sad what's going on, and it's not good. In fact, it's bad. In America, we have thought police, we had them until Trump got elected. In America, we were following racial discrimination called DEI. In America, there were grandmothers arrested outside of a border and clinics put in prison. And in America we had unbridled immigration which is wrecking the body politic all across this great country of ours, which is exactly what's going on, shall we say, exactly what's going on in Europe. And that's what Jada Evans called him out on. Because Germany has speech coach. You may have seen sixty minutes tonight. There were two segments. The first segment, of course, attacked Donald Trump, and the second segment dealt with speech codes in Germany because they don't have the freedom of speech. In Germany, there's no First Amendment. The police can knock on your door at six o'clock in the morning. And if you went online calling somebody fat and lazy, or went online and republished some cartoon, or went online and criticize some person because of their nationality. You could be arrested and thrown in jail or find up to ten thousand dollars ten thousand Deutsche marks. And that's not the way things ought to be in this country. But America on November the fifth, one for a different and a better path, we said, no, we're not going to go down Affirmative Act. We're not going to go down reparations. We're not going to go down DEI. We believe in the meritocracy. The NBA All Star Game took place, and all the organizations and the NBA believe in DEI except when it comes to the court. There they believe in merit and I support that one thousand percent. So also, I want to thank Steve molloy if Junk science dot com for coming on to talk about all the lies, misconceptions and distortions caused by the Green New Deal and the fact the Green New Deal has cost us literally trillions of dollars. Before you go to bed to night, it's getting late, I know, but I'd ask you to say a silent prayer for Donald Trump and for Elon Musk that they can be successful in what they're doing to change this country for the better and God knows that it needs to be changed for the better in this great country. Thanks for listening, and once again, may you and yours have a great week. Let's hit get together next Sunday night. Bill cunning and the Great American with you and all of the great Americans every Sunday night.