Speaker 1: And now your host form Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Te tam Case.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and welcome in to mo Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. I hope you're doing well on this Thursday afternoon. Your Los Angeles Dodgers ninety wins on the year, first place at top the NL West. Their lead in the division remains three and a half games over the Padres. After splitting a four game series in Atlanta over the weekend, the Dodgers now go for the series winning Miami as they wrap up this East Coast road trip.
Speaker 3: Jack Flaherty on the mound in the series finale.
Speaker 2: First pitch from Miami is coming up at one forty Between now and then, we have a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. That's coming up in about fifteen minutes, we'll preview this pitch Sheep matchup. David Vase goes one on one with Raoul Albanyez. Shortly we'll check in with Kirsten Watson live on the field there in Miami.
Speaker 3: Get the very latest.
Speaker 2: We've got your chance to win sweet tickets to an upcoming Dodger game and the Zenschet Sweet Life Challenge that's coming up in thirty minutes. And in just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Galpamots broadcast booth and check in with Rick Monday m Tim Neverwell.
Speaker 3: Last night in Miami.
Speaker 2: Landon Nack was exactly what the Dodgers needed. Five shutout innings. He scattered just two hits along the way, struck out seven through eighty seven pitches. He was getting ahead in the count, he was getting contact and outs, and he was exactly what Dave Robbers needed, some length out of a starter. Finally, they had not had a starter go past the third inning on this entire road trip. Landon Nack went the five, struck out the seven. He passed it off to the Dodgers' bullpen for the final four innings, not before the Dodgers gave him a lead to work with. In the top of the second, Will Smith solo blast the left. The Dodgers are up one to nothing. Then in the fourth, the Dodgers busted it open and starting with Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 4: There have been a few remarks posted social media about the fact that who lost a one.
Speaker 5: Pitch belted toward the right field corner by Edmund. This ball is deep, this ball is gone. Tommy hits another tank and the Dodgers add on. It's three to nothing as Tommy Edmund picks up home run number six, an opposite field shot against Ryan Weathers.
Speaker 2: Two run home run for Tommy Edmund, Dodges up three to nothing in the fourth, and they weren't done. Later in the Indian two on for Key k Hernandez and the breath of fresh air moment of the game.
Speaker 5: K k waits he is Ozer for one these wings hits out line shot deep to left way back in god a three run home run. Key k Hernandez absolutely unloaded on that pitch and the Dodgers with US six to nothing lead. Oh, it came off the bat with a different kind of sound, and that one way up and over the night club there and left center field. Just an absolute rocket off the bat of Key k Hernandez for his tenth home.
Speaker 2: Run four hundred and thirty feet to left center field in Miami. Three run a home run for a Kyk that gave the Dodgers some breathing room. The breath of fresh air moment presented by a Tar Mechanical looking for reliable heating and an air conditioning service in southern California. A Tar Mechanical is your trusted partner Omar Brittany, the founder's great people. Their service is more than just a solution and to breadth the fresh air from the moment you call to the completion of your project. A tar Mechanical delivers friendly on his service at a fair price. Dodgers up six to nothing. The Dodgers gave up a couple of runs in the seventh. They were up six to three going to the eighth when Chris Taylor singled in two to give the Dodgers some more breathing room.
Speaker 3: Up eight to three.
Speaker 2: They go on and win it by final of eight to four. Landon Nack gets the win, his third of the year. He was fantastic for the Dodgers, who improved in ninety and sixty two.
Speaker 3: Overall, they're leading.
Speaker 2: The division remains three and a half and today they wrap up this series in Miami, final game with the road trip as well. Let's head out to the Galvin Motors broadcast booth and say good afternoon.
Speaker 3: Rick Monday and Tim Nevererck guys.
Speaker 5: Tim, thank you very much. Rufe has closed here at lone Depot Park in Miami for the third straight day. Little shower here in South Florida this afternoon. It looks like it's cleared up outside, but inside it'll be nice and dry and ready for baseball. Is a lot can happen in this ballgame today. Jack Flaherty will pitch for the Dodgers. He's twelve and seven with.
Speaker 6: A three zero four ERA.
Speaker 5: He will oppose right hander Edward Cabrera. Cabrera four and seven with a four five five eras pitched well lately. The Dodgers ninety and sixty two, three and a half in front of San Diego in the West. They can clinch a playoff berth simply with a win in this ball game today. Their magic number is seven. Meantime, the Marlins thirty five games out of first place in the National League at fifty six and ninety six forty games under five hundred.
Speaker 3: Part of the.
Speaker 5: Story today other than the Dodgers clinching a playoff spot with a victory, is sho hey Otani. He is sitting at forty eight home runs forty nine stolen bases. He also if with two home runs, would be the first fifty to fifty match, So keeping an eye on that.
Speaker 4: So could be a very busy day here in Miami, Mam. Yeah, and the Dodgers have a ball game to win it. I mean the numbers were though Tani and what he's doing, you're absolutely off the charts, and every time we look at them as how on earth does it happen? A lot of reasons. One extremely talented also, but the bigger picture, while he is going for a record, he's not lost sight of the fact is said, Hey, look our team, and that's a quote unquote the team is really on the doorstep of guaranteeing themselves officially postseason birth. And that seems to be at the top of the list for everyone, whether it's a record or a couple of different records, no question about that. And we continue to see crowds, the fans and so also caught up in what is transpiring.
Speaker 5: The chase for fifty to fifty continues, and with Otani's next home run, he would tie a Dodger franchise record with forty nine home runs in one season, set by Sean Green in two thousand and one. So all eyes on Otani all around baseball, that is for certain. In the meantime, the Dodgers trying to find a way to win and get out of here with a winning road trip. Three and three on the road trip so far before heading home to take on the Rockies tomorrow night at Dodgers Stadium. Mookie bats back out in the outfield today. Remember he started at second base yesterday, and Andy Pieez starts in center, Chris Taylor's in left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean so kind of juggling things around. One one quick note, also, what the Dodgers are closing in on If they have ninety victories and you look at us, say, hey, this has been a terrific season. I think on this road trip, I think we'll be honest enough to say, okay, there're three and three on this road trip so far. A win today, it's a winning road trip. They've not really played defense up to their capabilities. The offense has been kind of hit and miss. We're beginning now to see starting pitchers kind of stretching out a little bit more landing neck. For example, with five innings in last night's ball game, you figure that this team, you know, with just the ten games left, this is the time that you really need to sew things together much more tightly than what they're sewing together right now.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Marlins Game three, it's the rubber game of this three game set, Dodgers ninety and sixty two Marlin's fifty six and ninety six. So win clinches a playoff spot today.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you guys as we count you down to first pitch Dodger fans. But no perfect time than right now to get your game day meal on. It's Shakey's Pizza Parlor. What you're doing for lunch? What are your Shaky's pizza shakin e moojos right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with our Dodger insigner David Van Say. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Your chance to play the Zenchy Sweet Life Challenges in about twenty minutes of next so your otani rewind and we'll head down to the field live. But Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA, it's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Marlins on this Thursday. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kass. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network is Laurento Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck. Y'all on the official home of.
Speaker 2: La Dodgers Baseball, Dodgers and Marlins from Miami. Final game of this three games set, Jack Flaherty Edward Cabrera. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 5: Re what brought you by Bank of America, the official bank of the Los Angeles Dodgers. This ball is Flair the left and it's a base hit for Otani. Opposite field single to start the ball game, one hundred and seventieth hit of the season for show, Heyotani. Pitch there goes Otani down to second and he's gonna be safe. Paul gets away from the shortstop, but Otani goes to third and he takes third.
Speaker 2: Show Hey Otani, last night, one for five at the play, now hitting two eighty seven, still sitting on forty eight home runs. Bud, he got a stolen base, as you just heard, stealing second, advancing to third on the air. Stolen base number forty nine, so one away from fifty and stolen bases still two away from fifty in home runs. So Tani rerun brought to you by etoins Oyocha, Japan's number one Green Tea and the Tea the show Eotani Loves and Trinks Available to local diso stores, Amazon at Etoin dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it O e n dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston.
Speaker 2: Watson O Hey Kearson now joins is from the field in Miami before the final game of his three game series, final game with this road trip before the Dodgers have head home for the final homestand of the regular season, and Jack Flaherty on the mound this afternoon. Kirston looking to have a bounce back performance.
Speaker 7: He really is. So his last one in Atlanta, look, it wasn't what he was hoping to do. It was an outing in which he afterwards we talked about. He said that it was really an outlier performance. He's obviously had a fantastic season thus far, and so he's looking to just kind of get back to where he's been this year. And so with that, Dave Roberts was saying for him, it's really just about execution. So he executes his pitches. Obviously he's got the command and continues with that, and he should be in a good spot to not only be able to go deep into this game, but help allow the team to get a win, because that means the more exciting thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Dodgers could get a win hereson, they'll officially clinch a playoff spot.
Speaker 7: They sure will, so not just yet the NLS, but they would clinch a playoff berth with a win or losses with the Mets and the Braves. But we're not even gonna worry about the ants or It's all about holding kind of your future in your own hands. And some of the daughters, they want to get the win today. They want to pinch that thin for the postseason you're playing in October, and then ultimately behind that now the number of seven. Now they want to clinch the mL wes. So it starts with day to start with a win today, obviously with Colorado coming in and then the Padre's coming in Colorado. Not a here's you can blow over, but the Padres is definitely going to be tofer a series of the two. So you know, hopefully with the win today, you've clinched your playoff first. Dave robert says that he does have a speech plan. Be gave us a little bit of a hint that talent is the floor, but fight, that's that's where you want to be. And so we'll see kind of how what he says to the team if they can get to win and place their bed and go from.
Speaker 3: There, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donating now with Cars for Kids dot org. That's cars with the K quickly, Kirsten looking at the lineup. No Tao, no Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 7: Yeah, from the gevro Hawks is down for the second game in a row.
Speaker 4: Yesterday.
Speaker 7: Dave Roberts said for him, he's feeling a little under the weather, and then we obviously saw him in Atlanta being really aggressive, so he had shared with some of them her back was a little bit of shortness and peak and his legs, so nothing to be concerned of, just wanting to give him a day. He is available off the bench tonight and Dave expects me to be back in the line up tomorrow and then for Chaoskar. He felt that for Ko the last couple of days with four games in Atlanta, Hot and Cubian and then a late night flight to Miami. Three night games in Miami, he's gonna be another late night flight to Los Angeles this evening, that it was really just kind of give him a day, kind of give him a time to reach that he felt like he's kind of defining the last few days. The average has been there, but some of those that Bets felt like havn't been where he's used to seeing him, So allowing him to just kind of get the watch from the bench tonight and we have get a mental reset's.
Speaker 3: So I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Care Soon, we'll check out with you after the game still to come. Here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper to this bitching matchup. David Vase will check in, but up next your injury report and well here from the manager, Dave Roberts. Dodgers Marlin's final game of this series from Miami, first pitch of one forty. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunter on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck continues Marongo Casino Resort. It's by a Grand Slam, four good times Dodgers in Miami to wrap.
Speaker 3: Up this series, which gives the Marlins first pinch at one forty.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Miguel Rojas not in the lineup again today. He has a sore left leg, but he's available to pin hit.
Speaker 3: Off the bench.
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts just wants to give him an extra day of rest as we are deep here into September. Austin Barnes on the IL, the toe fracture. Tyler Glass now on the sixty day IL he has done for the year with the right elbow. Ten Tonight is Clayton Kershaw through a bullpen session yesterday over eight pitches as he is trying to make his way back off the IL with the turf toe. Gavin Stone is gonna throw here in a couple of days, test the elbow, see how he feels. Anthony Bonda back at Camelback Ranch. Working his way back from that hairline fracture in his left hand. All right, let's head back out to Miami and check out the Dodger skipperd anything else?
Speaker 3: DA questions for Dave?
Speaker 1: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 8: Show, Hey, like stole a base in the first game of the season, then went fifteen games without one, and like even in the first half, didn't have that many. Like, was there a point this year where you saw him really start to get more aggressive on the bases? And do you think there's a reason, but it's been he's been so much more aggressive in the second half.
Speaker 9: I don't know when that happened. I do see him being more aggressive in the second half. You know, I think he realized that he was on track to have a really special season. And you know what can make it a little bit more special and unique is, you know, adding some more stolen bases.
Speaker 8: Think there's a part for a guy who like didn't steal a ton before just kind of realizing like as the season went on, like, oh, I can't do this and I can't be more aggressive, and like the confidence part kind of growing on the basis.
Speaker 9: I think so. I also think that show Hayes realized how good of a base stealer he has become or can become. I think he likes the challenge of studying pitchers, learning the tendencies. I think that's something that intrigues him.
Speaker 3: What is his best attribute to the big Steelers? If the jumps is in the reads and knowing when.
Speaker 9: To go, I would say his best attribute is his ability to get good jumps, obviously layered with foot speed. But I will tell you this is that I don't think years past watching him, I don't think he was a great bass deal. I don't think he got great jumps. But now when I watch him, and especially from the third base dugout at home, when I have a good visual of the pitcher and the runner, his jumps are are on point.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave robers down the dugout talking about Showyo Tani the bass Stealer. Brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one too for your growing contracting business. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we got your Zency Sweet Life challenge.
Speaker 3: We also are going to get deeper into this pitching matchup. What up next? We visit with David Vats.
Speaker 2: Leads up to Dodgers of Marlin's first pitch on one forty. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 3: All you know where?
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on deck at home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 3: A long Dodgers and Marlins from Miami.
Speaker 2: Final game. Oh, this three game set, final game of this road trip. Jack Felherty on the mound, the umpiring crew for today's game brought to you my Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 10: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV Dodgers win today and they clinch a playoffs spots. Certainly the first check mark you want to have if a team looking to get into the postseason. So that's something to celebrate, right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, to a certain extent, tim just being around the Dodgers during this string of unprecedented success, when they have clinched the postseason birth, they have not had the champagne celebration. It's been Dave Roberts or Don Mattingley giving a toast to the team. And my understanding is the continued the tradition that they started last year after every series win, they have a toast to really enjoy winning as much as they have and not taking it for granted. My understanding is there was some back and forth about whether or not there should be a bigger celebration with the Dodgers on the verge of clinching a postseason birth with the win today here in Miami, but it seems like the team has settled on just a conservative approach and saving the big celebration for when they do clinch the NL West. And obviously that's not as much of a certainty as it has been in years past, but the Dodgers are in a great position to be able to close that out on their next homestand and be able to have the celebration they deserve.
Speaker 2: Savin showy Otani is close to fifty fifty certainly we know that Bud he's closing in on finally making the postseason ever.
Speaker 10: Right, Yeah, I mean his six years with the Angels, they never made the playoffs. What's interesting about this with the Dodgers one win away here in Miami from officially being a participant in the postseason is that it would officially make sho he Otani a player in the playoffs. And Otani, out of all current active players, has the most games played without a postseason appearance, eight hundred and sixty five games played for sho hey Otani without ever being in a postseason game. The other two are Jamiir Candelario and Brian Reynolds of the Pirates, but Otani eight hundred and sixty five games today eight hundred and sixty six without ever participating in the postseason.
Speaker 3: David is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choices.
Speaker 2: Fine yours with the four F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough.
Speaker 3: This Mark YEP can only be called the F one.
Speaker 2: Fifty Jack FLAHERNI had some back issues, I believe earlier in the year in Detroit. David has he had anything flare up? No pun intended with his back since joining the Dodgers.
Speaker 10: Not that we're aware of, but something to keep an eye on today, and something that I noticed in his last couple of starts. The velocity seems to dip down at certain points in time in the game, and you wonder whether or not physically he's pushing through something. Now. He went seven to third scoreless innings two starts ago. Obviously the game in Atlanta was not ideal. But I have not heard of Jack Flaherty having any back issues, and fingers crossed it does not come up between now and the playoffs because the Dodgers desperately need Flaarity to be the pitcher that he has been for the most part. But there's no denying the fact that Brian Cashman would not, you know, come out publicly and say they passed on Flarity because of concerns over his back. But certainly that was the Dodgers' favorable acquisition when they went ahead and made the trade for Flarity because they have desperately needed him every single start in the second half of the season.
Speaker 3: Fingers crossed, that does not flare up, David, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We'll check back you with you a little bit Dodger fans and hans are listening experienced the Dodger games by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's a free download. It's a great way to take it with you on the go. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos. Lacare dot Org's coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, We'll hear from raoul A Banias we'll go deeper to this pitchy madshup your chance to play the Zenchy Sweet Live Challenge.
Speaker 3: But I'm next your.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Magical Moment, Dodgers Marlin's first pitcher one forty. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Marlins, final game from Miami. Dodgers head home for the final homestand of the regular season. Jack Flaherty on the mount Edward Cabrera will go for Miami first pitch.
Speaker 3: Coming up had one forty.
Speaker 10: All who wins.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Haffey Magical Moment, Ditch Magical magic presented by Hawby Hot Tigs.
Speaker 2: We go back to September nineteenth, twenty thirteen, eleven years ago. Today the Dodgers in Arizona taking on the Diamondbacks for the starts of a streak of divisional right wins.
Speaker 11: One one's wearing a high fly ball to left field back Ghost Schumacher.
Speaker 5: He's there, He's caught it, and the Dodgers have won it. On the twenty second.
Speaker 11: Of June, the Dodgers were twelve games under five hundred, nine and a half games behind the Arizona Diamondbacks. Since then, fifty eight and twenty three and the Dodgers have won the National League Western Division title for the first time since two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: Off streak began for the Dodgers, clenching the NL West for the first time since two thousand and nine. As Charlie mentioned that day in twenty thirteen, eleven years ago, also the day the Dodgers took little dip in the Diamondbacks pool in a right center field. This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hoffey Hot Talks, a SOKL treasurer for over one hundred years, we said Hofeybread Dot com to find out where you can purchase.
Speaker 3: Crave Delicious, Haffy Hot Talks.
Speaker 2: Who wants to win the Live the Sweet Life at a Dodger game eight and six six nine eighty seven two five seventy.
Speaker 3: I need three contestants.
Speaker 2: Right now to play the Zenchi Sweet Life Challenge. Tell me which player will be the fresh player of the game today, and if you're correcting your guests, you're gonna get two sweet tickets to an upcoming Dodger game against the Padres. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. We'll do that next as we lead you up to First Bitch Dodgers and Marlins.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kays's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network, is.
Speaker 1: Lorento Casino, Dodgers on, Todgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Marlins on this Thursday afternoon, final game of this three game series. Dodgers head home afterwards to start their final homestand of the regular season. Win today and they clinch at playoff. Berth Jack Flerty Edward Cabrera. The pitching matchup First Pitch Shed one forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Zenchi Sweet Light Challenge. One lucky winner and a guest get to watch the Dodgers from the Zenchy Suite, all made possible by Zenchi Sushi, Fast, Fresh and easy.
Speaker 3: All right, we have our three contestants.
Speaker 2: Just tell me which player will be the fresh player of the game, and if you're correct, you're gonna win two tickets to the suite to watch the Dodgers. Padres in the AM five to seventy LA Sports Suite. Andres is first up. He gets the first guess, Andres, what is your guest?
Speaker 3: Which player?
Speaker 1: I am going with?
Speaker 6: Otani? A home run and a stolen base, getting closer to the fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: All right, just need showing Otani. Good luck to you, Brian Andres Bryant is our second contestant.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Brian. What's your guest?
Speaker 4: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 3: TC, I'm going with Freddie freem in with the Freddy Baum today. Oh love it. Good luck to you, Briant.
Speaker 2: Final contestant is Garrett Garrett.
Speaker 3: Welcome. What's your guest today?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: I'm going with Mookie Betts. All right, Mookie Betts. Good luck to you, Garrett.
Speaker 2: Brian and Andres are three contestants today and the zench Sweet Life Challenge for by zen Shei Handcraft to Sushi. Need some for lunch, pick it up at your local routes another supermarkets near the deli counter made fresh daily on side. Pick up delicious sushi before and after the game. Still to come, we'll get to the keys of the game.
Speaker 1: But first and now joined by David bas saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 10: Rick the final game of this road trip for the Dodgers, and with the win they can clinch a playoff spot.
Speaker 4: Well, it's the way they should be and a lot of different reasons. You know, this has been not what you would consider a great road trip to this particular point. I mean, the six games, they're five hundred and three and three. They can make it a winning road trip with a victory today, and as you mentioned, also guarantee themselves. I think it's just a formality, but it's nice to get that out of the way to begin with. But I also think that this Dodger ball club overall can play better baseball than what they have on this road trip as well. There's been some miscues You're going to have those, There's no question about that. There's also been some maybe in attendant you know, thoughts, either on the basis or defensively. I think that's going to tie them. I think also this is kind of a long period of time for this Dodger ball club, David, from an overall, you know, constant pounding, I think it's going to be good to get back home for a while and knowing that, hey, look there's not too many games left. We're talking about ten games that are left on the regular season schedule, and this is the time I think that players understand, hey, look, this is the moment that you start to put the pedal to the metal and kind of sharpen everything up because you're getting closer and closer. And these guys have been through it before and they understand, Okay, it's difficult the regular season. Postseason is even more difficult, and a lot of teams are going to be sending down and watching the good teams playing postseason.
Speaker 10: And when the Dodgers return home, Rick, they will have a three game series against the team that is playing really well and right on their tails. The Padres.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know that they want to do some things and upset the apple cart. And that's the beauty of competition. To begin with, the play's going to be rocking and rolling, as it should be, because you're going to have at the end of the season the ball club. As you mentioned the padres coming in that every pitch that is thrown, every swing that is taken, is going to have a consequence one way or another. I love the competition. It comes down to the hand of the season.
Speaker 10: Well you and your teammates where some of the most fiercest competitors do you have to embrace that. You can't shy away from those type of series.
Speaker 4: Guys have been here, they understand and exactly what they need to do.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 4: Hey, O'tani has not been a postseason, but he's already performing on the biggest stage of the brightest lights to begin with. I can't imagine it amping up much more, which it would if you get to the World Series, much much bigger stage and brighter lights on that end of it. But I think this is a ball club in spite of the fact that is kind of dialing for dollars right now in the starting pitching rotation. How that's going to set up in postseason. We don't really know, but I like this ball club and hopefully it's going to be peaking. There's a couple of guys that are starting to come out. Chris Taylor very quickly. You start to look at the way he swung the bat last night. He's back in there again in this ballgame too. They need his bat really to get going, and right now maybe it has.
Speaker 10: It seems like we always focus on the three MVP's rick, but similar to last night, any contributions from other guys not named Betts, Freeman and Otani.
Speaker 4: Maruses will pull the wagon, but they need a little support here and there. And here's the thing. You look at Otani, I think it's remarkable that he has over one hundred RBIs being a leadoff hitter, huh, because the bottom part of the lineup has not been that consistent in getting on base. So we're the runs that he knocks in. Okay, he has forty eight that he supplied himself with whole runs. But for the fact that a leadoff hitter has over one hundred runs batted in, it's remarkable.
Speaker 10: That seems to really put the conversation or debate about the National League mvp'd to rest when people just try to limit him to being a DH He's a little bit more than that.
Speaker 4: There are two conversations going on as far as the Nation League MVP east of the Mississippi and west of the Mississippi.
Speaker 10: That's right, Rick, Good thing Otani's been on the East coast here on this road trip. Maybe they got a taste of what he's been doing with.
Speaker 4: People on the East coast don't understand and say, hey, there is something on the west of the Mississippi.
Speaker 10: No doubt, and that's where the Dodgers are. Rick, thanks a lot, and we'll see you on the flight. Happy flight home.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, hopefully it's going to be a very happy will.
Speaker 10: With the Dodgers getting a win today, they will be in the postseason officially. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, All right, thanks a lot, DV, thank you, Moe, Dodgers Fans starts your future to California Community College. Financial Late is available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so enroll today. I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on deck. We'll get a preview of this pitching matchup. Rickle be back with Tim never and get you those keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with Ralu Olbanya's Dodgers Marlins. I'm Tim Katsis Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Marlins wrap up in this three game set. Dodgers wrap up this road trip for this game in Miami. Jack Flaherty all the Mammaltives deeper in the pitching matchup coming up, Dodgers Baseball presented my Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles, rank number one at California for pediatric Here find the right doctor c h LA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vest fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight, all right.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers are getting set for the final game here in Miami. And how could we be in Miami and not talk to a man that made his name in Miami high school baseball, and that is the legend himself. Nineteen year veteran for Major League Baseball and now part of the Dodgers' front office staff, the Great Raoula Banyas. Raoul, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it, Thank.
Speaker 6: You so much. Pleasure always a pleasure of saying hi to you. Thanks for the warm intro.
Speaker 10: Hey man, I thought Miguel Rojas was popular in Miami. Raoula Banyas has his roots here in Miami.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Migul Rojas's definitely popular Miami should be, and he's had a tremendous year for us. This year brings so much value as a winner in every aspect and every facet of the game and every aspect of the word. So really, yeah, I don't want to be in the compared to the legendary Miguel Rojas. But I did grow up here and I do love being here.
Speaker 10: What was it like playing high school baseball here in this city?
Speaker 6: Friday night lights is what it feels. It still feels that way now. It's Friday night lights. It's baseball is the main sport here in Miami. People have soccer football, It's Friday night lights as well. But yeah, it's it's a highly competitive I mean, at age eight and nine, you have parents yelling at at kids on the field of the opposing team, and you just kind of get hard into the environment. So it's very passionate community that loves baseball.
Speaker 10: You also played college baseball here in Miami. Was that part of your vision when you were in high school? Did you ever think you were leaving Florida?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: All I wanted to do was get an opportunity to play professional baseball. That was my entire goal. I wanted to be a big leaguer, but I knew that the first step was to get the professional baseball So I was fortunate that the legendary, late great Coach Green decided to take a shot on me at Miami Dade College, and he taught us more about not just how to be professionals, but also how to be men.
Speaker 10: I know you obviously have a lot going on in that baseball head of yours. Do you see the game the same way you saw it as a player, or do you feel like you have a better perspective on it now?
Speaker 6: I think with time you always gain a little bit better perspective. When you're in it, and you're in the trenches daily. You just have to focus on what you need to do that day to get better, to you know, try to master your craft every day, getting a one percent better, maybe it's point zero zero one percent better, And however, you can impact the game for your team and try to help your team win. As you get older, you hopefully get wiser. I've been fortunate and a blessed to be around you know, guys like Andrew Friedman and Brandon Gomes and Josh Burns and Dave Roberts and all of these guys who are not just mentors but just brilliant baseball mind. So I think you gain a little bit better perspective when you can step outside of yourself and see how actions on the field or actions that you take off the field could it could impact the greater good and the future of your franchise.
Speaker 10: Raoul Lebanyas is our guest here in Miami. I know we always talk about your knowledge or a coaches knowledge helping a player, But how rewarding is it for you to teach the teachers in this capacity.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's actually just I view it more as a partnership. You know, we're all in it together. We all want to help our players become the best version of themselves, which ultimately will help the Los Angeles Dodgers win multiple World series titles, which is what we're all here for. And so I view it as a as a very, as a partnership that we're all in this together. It's a collaborative effort. Andrew is big on collaboration and everybody pulling together, pulling their resource together. And if I'm weak in one area, then I will ask for help and vice versa hopefully, So I view everything as a collaborative effort and everybody working together towards a common goal.
Speaker 10: Raoul, You're so humble, but we love talking base with you. You have so much to offer this game and the Dodgers are lucky to have you back in the organization. So thank you for the time. I know you got a lot on your plate. Appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Thank you. I'm humbleding on here by your statements and the opportunity, So thank you.
Speaker 10: He is the best and also has some good Miami recommendations for food. We'll send it back here at the studio, Tim.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks lot, DV.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor. There's a good recommendation the official pizza partner Dodgers Audio Broadcast. Looking for some for lunch right now and enjoy the Dodger game. Check out Shaky's Pizza Parlor. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com. Lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Marlins Up next, we're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Ma Wrongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers in Miami is a wrap up this three game set against the Marlins. Looking for the series win today after winning last night, dropped the opener against the Marlins.
Speaker 3: First pitch from Miami set for one forty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Forres It about your Southern California Toyota dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality at an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma. See your Toyota Dealer Today, they make it easy. Edward Carbrera on the mound for the Marlins, twenty six year old right hander at the Dominican Republic. Four and seven with a four to five to five ERA. He's fourth season in the big leagues, making just his nineteen start this year. He's a fastball, curveball, change up guy. Last time out six innings, underned runs, one hit, nine strikeouts, and a loss of the Nationals. The uneerned runs mark the second consecutive outing without giving up an earned run. He's now at thirteen consecutive innings. At his most recent appearance against the Dodgers May seventh, he actually left the game after just two innings due to an injury. He was actually placed on the il after that with right shoulder impingement. Jack Flaherty on the mound for the Dodgers twelve and seven to three, zero four ERA, twenty eight year old right hander out of Burbank first round pick the Cardinals out of Hardware Westlake High School, making his twenty seven start this year, his ninth with the Dodgers. Last time out, well, it wasn't his best. Three innings, four runs, five hits, four walks, four strikeouts and a loss to the Brace to start the road trip. Since joining the Dodgers five and two at the three twenty five ERA and fifty one strikeouts, he is sixteen strikeouts shy of recording his second career two hundred plus strikeouts season. The other season came back in twenty nineteen with the Cardinals. He has gone six plus innings in fifteen of his twenty six starts this season. He has faced the Marlins four times in his career. He's two and two with the two to fifty five ERA. However, at lone depot part there in Miami, he is two and oo in his career with a zero ERA in two career starts. Dodgers Marlins, Jack Felerity Edward Cabrera the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 2: Keys to the game, our next, I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, he's Marong Casino Dodgers on Jack On the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers and Marlins in Miami. Jack Flaherty Edward Cabrera The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up in about twelve minutes. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedy cash dot com or stop in a LA area Speedy Cash store. Before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth one final time.
Speaker 3: Rick Monday, Tim never guess.
Speaker 5: Tim, Thanks again? Where we get you ready for the first pitch? Here this afternoon in Miami at lone Depot Park. Roof is closed for the third straight day, and the pitching matchup features Jack Flaherty for the Dodgers Flerity twelve and seven, a three to zero four earned run average, and for Flarity coming off a dud against the Braves. Honestly, they launched ten to one on Saturday and he retired only nine of the eighteen batters he faced. He walked four, allowing four runs and five hits before being yanked from the ballgame. Sol looking for a bounce back here today, yea and.
Speaker 4: Better on the road, Tim too, as far as the average goes as seven and three with an ERA rather low and just a two tien batting average. When he's away from Dodgers Stadium to his particular point, look for a big game. And on the flip side, when you look at Edward Cabrera, he pinched against the Dodgers back on the seventh of May. He lasted only two innings and getting that start the reason. Max Munsey hit a grand Slam in the very first ending in that game. It turned it around in a hurry.
Speaker 5: As last time out against the Nationals on Friday, pitched very well but allowed two unearned runs because of an error he committed at first base trying to catch a baseball over there. Meantime, Jack Flaherty's last two starts against Miami, he has gone twelve and two thirds scoreless innings. Jack Flaherty and Edward Cabrera. That's the pitching matchup as the Dodgers and Marlins wrap it up from South Florida.
Speaker 2: Tim all right after today, Dodgers fly back home. We'll have nine games remaining on this schedule, a six game home stand against the Rockies, three against the Padres. Then it's off to Colorado for a final three game weekend set to finish off the regular season against the Rockies. The Dodgers keeping an eye with the Diamondbacks and Brewers are doing a Milwaukee that game will get underway in a couple of hours. All right, first pitch is next. I'll be back after the game. Dodger fans listen to it an HD by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listen to Dodger games on the go on your mobile device. All powered by LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos, lakare dot org.
Speaker 3: First Pitches Next.
Speaker 2: For Miami, I'm sim Katesey has been Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.