Speaker 1: Aren't y'all tired of these cloud chasing and no chemistry having.
Speaker 2: Over the hill?
Speaker 1: Hey, good radio podcasts who just ride no culture, legal tice commentary.
Speaker 2: We actually got something.
Speaker 3: This is Touchdowns and Tangents, your weekly spot for NFL takes topical tangents and context for the culture.
Speaker 4: So tune in, tune.
Speaker 3: In because you never know if you're gonna get it. Take a tangent, but either way, had the touchdowns?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 3: Good People Live from Hawthorne, California's Touchdowns and Tangents, your Thursday night spot for NFL takes topical tangents and concise commentary for the culture.
Speaker 5: I mp D Camill.
Speaker 3: Kenner Berry. Yeah, man, sorry, we were here last week. We were both traveling for a Shrine game slash Senior Bull.
Speaker 5: But we heard this week.
Speaker 3: Got a lot of show, got all of our coverage from those two weeks as well as obviously super Bowl coming up. Hall of Fame dropped, so lots of good stuff. You wanted to start with the super Bowl or the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 5: Can he.
Speaker 1: Let's start with the super Bowl and just get it out the way.
Speaker 3: So we got an Eagles Chiefs rematched the Chiefs are once again going for their three p.
Speaker 5: Shit. I don't know what else to say.
Speaker 3: The Eagles. I think they only have like two people remaining from that defense from two years ago, so relatively different teams, I think even the Chiefs. I mean they got a whole new receiver room. Their running back room is a little bit shifted now. Defense they've had some turnover and change. Obviously the core guys are still there, so yeah, I don't know what do you think, Anny, I just think the.
Speaker 2: Eagles passing their secondary, it's superior to the Chiefs. I would say the Chiefs linebackers might have a slight edge, but you got those two massive d tackles. I don't see how the Eagles don't turn this game very one dimensional, especially for the Chiefs. Like I don't see the Chiefs popping off five yards to carry against his Eagles. You know, four man in front, Zach Bonza was arguably the best linebacker of football this year. You got safeties who can come and cover tight ends. So for me, I just think it comes down to Saquon because the Chiefs can have a bad day, it's possible, but the Eagles are really firing on all sails right now. It's Cooper De John's birthday and Saquan's birthday. You know, stay the Super Bowl, no Eagles playing for any awards.
Speaker 3: I think the biggest question mark with Philadelphia is just Jalen Hurts health. I mean, he got banged up a little bit in the divisional round, but I mean there's been no obvious limitations on him. I mean and just looking at him, he hasn't been moving the same, but he's still out there moving.
Speaker 2: So I think it's more of like.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like Pat Mahomes's ankle a couple of years ago, pretty much like you know it's there, but it's not really there sort of thing.
Speaker 2: And I hope with the tush push thing, Saquan actually gets the ball and score some touchdowns because I don't want to see somebody on the Chiefs running over the top of the offensive line like Troy Polamolu or Franky every time out just to prevent a score. That's just not good football at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the biggest, uh, you know, X factor is really as you mentioned, Saquon, Like you know, he's not only just dangerous running the ball, but he could be a danger catching the ball out of the bad field. You know, if I'm Philadelphia, I'm giving him the ball early and often as possible, just trying to stay ahead of the chains, trying to keep Kansas City off the field. And then at that point then you can stretch it out to you know, AJ Brown or Davonte Smith.
Speaker 2: It's called dart, that.
Speaker 5: Was called dark.
Speaker 3: But I think everything's just got to kind of start off with Saquan just kind of try to wear down that defense and then hit him with a couple of strikes over the top. And I mean, I do think Jalen's probably gonna need to not make any mistakes. I mean, for the most part, he hasn't over the past two years. But you know he can't let and we know he won't because he's been in this situation and he's played a lot of you know, big games even through college, so we know, you know, the moment's not going to get too big for him. But you know this can't be the exception either, Like he has to keep that same poise that we know him for, because yeah, there could be a situation where he could suck it up, and I don't want to see that happen.
Speaker 2: I just hope the Reps don't take the game away like they did the last time these two teams played, because that holy called on Bradberry's bogus. It was truly bogus, especially on Juju, like come on, like, what are we saying? Let the players lose the game on the field, not because of a whistle at the worst possible time. And troy Aku even said he said, eventually, you're gonna have a problem because if more and more, if you have all these networks and gambling sites involved, and then somehow this one team constantly keeps getting bailed out, people are gonna question the genuacy of the sport for sure. What I was gonna say, Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think anyone really wants to see the Chiefs one a third one, but except Chiefs fans may be inevitable.
Speaker 2: Sadly, the Patriots three peat wasn't this disgusting and insufferable. It was just Tom Brady kept finding a way to be people and then they kick a game winning the field goal at the end, and he had a Hall of Fame defense most of his career. But you know, it's a whole nother story.
Speaker 5: Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see that that lead in beautiful Speaking of which of Hall of Fame, and you know, former Raiders quarterback Eric Allen is officially a Hall of Famer. He has like over fifty two career interceptions balled after the Jets, the Eagles, the Raiders, a couple other people. Then you factor in Antonio Gates arguably statistically the greatest title of all time for not counting Super Bowls, which is actually a team sport. But for some reason we'd like to keep people out of the Hall of Fame because they didn't win the Super Bowl, which is weird to me. But there's some like special teamer with like five championship rings who's never gonna make the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Like there's some dude out here Robert Orring and we just act like.
Speaker 2: We act like that dude doesn't matter because he has eight rings, but because you don't have one, it's a problem. Whatever. Tonio Gates my tight end one all time. Personally, I'm starting from scratch and I'm starting winning. Tollio Gates had everything, speed, Julie size, ball skills, and he could block. He was a much better blocker than Tony Gonzalez and Travis Kelsey combined. He had to block for LT and Loweren, trust me, he had to block. It's just why would you waste all your time with the dude like that blocking. We should be getting him eighty to ninety catches a year, which at one point I think he led the league of touchdown catches either sixteen or thirteen. Like, he has the most touchdown catches in yards I think all time of any player who wasn't drafted, especially anybody who wasn't drafted the touchdown record for sure. I think has like one hundred and sixteen receiving touchdowns or one hundred and seventeen for his career.
Speaker 1: Truly one of the greatest tight ends and chargers of all time.
Speaker 3: About Rushmore, yeah, definitely spend a lot on my childhood yea on at the TV because of Antonio Gates, But props to him, as you mentioned, really redefined the position, and honestly it was an underrated blocker man. I don't think he gets enough credit for that. It was a better blocker than people give him credit for it. That's why he was able to stay on the field so much, and it's really what made him versatile being able to do both wasn't just hey, now we know it's a pass play because he's motioned out, Like, No, they'd motion meal to do picks and shipped too, and screen action sweeps all that. So yeah, man, good for Antonio Gates. Jared Allen got in. I think he should have been in too. I think both of those very long time ago. Actually, I think all three of those dudes could have easily been in for a while now.
Speaker 2: And lastly, Sterling Sharp, former Packers wide receiver had retired to the spinal senosis.
Speaker 1: Back injury.
Speaker 2: Steve Smith, Tory holt uh Luke, a couple other people did not get in. I just don't understand how they only picked four people. Are you not picking leaks seven or eight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why they spend so much time gatekeeping the All of Fame, Like.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of great players you haven't put in yet, and the point is to put them in before they die. Imagine if we never imagine if you have to wait this whole life to get put in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: I just don't really see a benefit towards making people wait if you know they're being anyways, Like sound like you can't vote for one or the other. Like you know what I'm saying, like.
Speaker 2: Kickley should have been a first ballot, but I understand why if Patrick Willis was at first ballot.
Speaker 7: Either.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like the first bout, second bout, third bout, like that shit really matters.
Speaker 5: That you got in.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying is like, I don't know why people put such.
Speaker 2: A the meaning the lady did that if Michael doesn't go in as a first battle of Hall of Famer, like, well, then your Hall of Fame is not legitimate. Pete Rose Barry Bonnch.
Speaker 1: The asshole who uh didn't vote Eachie Ro so he could be unanimous. The media did this. The media made this about them.
Speaker 2: That's why dudes who don't get in on the first try, then you're like, oh, well, his chances are significantly going down. How because you're not voting in the people. That's why there's a long Jamin receiver. That's why there's kind of a law jam at running back. Because you got Corey Dillon and Marshawn Lynch, you would say, yeah, those are two of the greatest running backs of all time. And if their running backs with better numbers than Terrell Davis. Why the fuck can't they get in Clinton portis borderline, I get it. Shane McCoy definitely a Hall of Famer. Shane McCoy was definitely a better running back to real Davis, even.
Speaker 1: If you didn't hit you.
Speaker 3: I just but the point that I'm trying to make, I'm not saying that what you're saying is wrong. What I'm trying to say is like, if you're gonna be a Hall of Famer two years out, you should be All of Famer in the first year out.
Speaker 2: Or like, I don't see what the point is.
Speaker 3: Like making people wait other than just you know, being unsupple, like just being petty, like yeah, wait, like like toy Holt is not gonna get another passing yard not being in the Hall of Fame another year, Like you know what I'm saying, Like sitting out not getting in for ten years shouldn't be like a badge honor, Like oh, you've waited your time, Like no, what the fuck I put in my time in the fucking league, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you, But it's just not just you know, it's not a mintocracy, it's a part.
Speaker 2: It's a.
Speaker 1: It's a high school fucking popularity contest.
Speaker 3: All right, So, uh NFL Coach of the Year Kevin O'Connell Vikings. I don't think anyone's really surprised by that.
Speaker 2: After what he did with Sam Donald. Yeah, imagine he just gets a real quarterback and can stay out.
Speaker 3: I mean even the Vikings, I think a lot of us were looking at that team is one of the worst in the league, and it ended up being the two seed, the second best record basically and.
Speaker 1: Having a bunch of All Pro Pro Bowl players came a long way, came a long way.
Speaker 3: Eric Armstead from the Jaguars one watching Peyton Man of the Year shout out to Sacramento.
Speaker 5: Jaden Daniels won.
Speaker 3: The PEPSI Coach PEPSI zero Rookie of the Year award, which to put zero in the name of a fucking award is fucking crazy. You gotta pay me three times as much just for the award zero. Like when they would have sent me that messaging, I would have been like, oh, yeah, we gotta go up on the price. Are you gonna put zero in front of fucking Rookie of the Year Like that's insidious? But shout out to pepsi. No one drinking pepsi zero like that, so they would disagree with you.
Speaker 5: You got to pay the play.
Speaker 7: And uh.
Speaker 3: Bill's QB. Josh Allen won his first m v B, which not that he didn't deserve it, but statistically Lamar Jackson like literally beat him in every category. So everything kind of weird for you to say that Lamar is not MVP. I mean, if you want to make the argument that maybe Josh Allen's team is a little bit not as good as the Ravens, but even that argument is kind of flawed because those have been in the playoffs like every single year.
Speaker 5: And they beat the Ravens.
Speaker 2: People would have to admit that they people would have to admit, Yeah, you factored in playoff records when you decided who was gonna win MVP, because it should be hands down Lamar, and statistically speaking, he would have been a three time MVP, which puts him in literally one of one category.
Speaker 3: And Jared Verst won Rookie of the Year for the defensive the Year, which is great.
Speaker 2: Broncos quarterback Patrick sat in the second h one Defensive Player of the Year. He doesn't see that. Yeah, four deceptions only like three hundred and six yards allowed and uh like a ten percent completion rate.
Speaker 3: And Joe Burrow wouldn't come back Player of the Year. I feel like, didn't he already win that?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: And I feel like Sam dart on that one that no, because.
Speaker 1: Sam Darden was just asked Joe Burrow was actually injured.
Speaker 5: I guess. I mean.
Speaker 1: It came back from being terrible.
Speaker 3: I think if JK. Dobbins would have played the whole year, I think he could should have won it because he was like seriously out for like two and a half years. When zach Ertz like, I don't even think he was playing last year.
Speaker 7: It wasn't.
Speaker 3: Offensive Player of the Year of Saquan You mentioned their ten. That's pretty much it. Trey Hendrickson came in second for defensive voting.
Speaker 2: Funny how like.
Speaker 1: Nobody remembers when you came in at for iv P or the Player of the Year.
Speaker 6: But it's like you're still the top five.
Speaker 3: Of the player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we still like, remember, hey, this person hold on one second ten years to get into the Hall of Fame. Don't mind that, everybody, that's just the fire alarm. That's how you know your smoke detectors work. And if you're by the way, just you know a pro tip, Uh, if you're me and your residents and you're a random beeby noise, change the battery and your fire alarm. I know you hear it. I know it's the only thing that keeps you from the deafening sound of silence in your house. Probably, but changer your batteries for your smoke detector. Please, It'll save your life. And it's like a thing that probably all dads, we're just males in the house literally spass out about. So yeah, there's that.
Speaker 1: I think they should have put in, like for more people for the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: I still saying that. I still stand by that you should take out the long snapper, the kicker on the punter. That's three positions. You should put in eight people every year for the Hall of Fame, like every four years, you bumping down to five. But it's getting ridiculous, Okay, So moving on to college football, don't don't don't, oh quiet? So speaking of moving on, rest in peace, IRV Gotti uh pretty much died from a bunch of diabetic related strokes and he's pretty much brain dead. So put the plug on him. Fifty four, uh started murdered the inc. He technically beat the fence. I want to really be as charges we all know. You know, fifty set destroyed burn the Inc. And they had real beef up until he died. They made fun a fifty for getting shot, and then fifty said, oh, I wish you would have lived to see my new show. Yeah, fifty fifty. I wouldn't want to be enemies with Curtis Jackson because he's just gonna hate you, control of you forever. It's like damn bro like butt gulready. But anyway, Yeah, I was at the I was out in Texas at the Get Old or the Frisco was beautiful. I didn't even get to explore the part of the city I was in, but man, there was so much stuff to do.
Speaker 1: It's just couldn't be out there long. But Frisco was great. So's Dallas.
Speaker 2: If you're in Texas, you gotta go to Mike Orbans Bar play Playmakers eighty eight.
Speaker 1: That place is cool.
Speaker 2: I walked in and saw Sean Mayor Man and I think Isaac stand Back doing the podcast.
Speaker 3: It was dope.
Speaker 2: It was wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, onto the people I interviewed for the.
Speaker 2: Understand hendredth East West Trian Bowl talked about fifteen people and yeah, I so this first guy is UH Oregon State Tackle. His name is.
Speaker 1: Rod Christians, UH Lincoln liking Manhattan.
Speaker 2: Pretty much. He transferred from Colorado UH to Oregon State. Play more Oregon State. So yeah, I'm going to a playing style. Help with it from my wifies that should it's connect with the broadcaster connected one try will work on.
Speaker 8: In the B.
Speaker 3: And just for this week.
Speaker 2: You know, guys, finished your second practice. How do you feel like you've kind of competed so far?
Speaker 4: I feel like competition is good. It's good on good every day.
Speaker 6: You know you're getting better every day.
Speaker 9: I think today maybe not as good as yesterday. I think I won throughout my three Yesterday today I felt a little less confident, but I'm kind of working to improve my technique each day, and so I think that's kind of what combatity.
Speaker 4: I wanted to see more square and more like a little more mobile and things.
Speaker 6: With the ship. I was kind of there for it.
Speaker 4: But I think I had a good day of the competition.
Speaker 9: To say, it's great scene like both sizes of all just compete, compete, compete, like every joy at.
Speaker 2: Seven and seeing obviously the PAC twelve kind of changed with like Oregon State guide seeing some familiar faces here, what's that been like, Yeah, so I.
Speaker 9: Was only in Oregon State for a year, but like me and Josh played together for a season, and it's great seeing that he's out here.
Speaker 4: He got the invite first, and I was like, oh, it would be awesome if I got the invite and we could play together another time, like one more time, just like college. But it's been great.
Speaker 9: PAC twelve, you know, dissolved quick and it's trying to rebuild and it's so up in the air and I don't know what's going on with it. But this on Watchington State guys here too, and I love seeing that. But it's dis all quick and kind of just in front of my eyes. You know, I grew up watching PAC twelve on the West Coast guy, so I grew up watching it and just seeing it kind of like dissolved like that kind of hurts. But also at the same time, I can only expect things.
Speaker 2: To go out from them, and just obviously every quarterback is different. They have their own kind of cadence at the huddle. What's just kind of like the communication been like between you and the different quarterbacks throughout the week. What's the things you learned about him?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so we when we break it down into offense defensive meetings, we went over kiddens the day one or the night one before day one, and we kind of broke it down so we could hear different cadences, like different rhythmic cadences from different quarterbacks, so everyone sounds the same in the scheme of it, but at the same time you can tell who's behind the ball. The communication has been great. We had kind of like a little weird look earlier and so I had to give like a little hot call for that possible quarter pressure kind of look.
Speaker 4: And so I mean I talked to.
Speaker 9: Him after the rep and he I can't remember which one it was, sorry, but he saw it too and he didn't really need me to notify him.
Speaker 4: But it was kind of like that double communication.
Speaker 6: Who we both knew.
Speaker 9: It's been school sailing with the guys. Like the quarterbacks call plays, they kind of get us less. Offensive line has to do a lot of playoff kind of points directions, get the calls going to three condos and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: It's they give us.
Speaker 9: Enough time to where like we can get that out of it even in plays like if they see something from the back end, since it's a different point of view, they'll say something and it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: What would you think it was? Your best individual REP? And best team REP?
Speaker 8: So far?
Speaker 4: Best team REP I think came today. We had a side of like outside.
Speaker 9: Zone RPO type thing and my only job is kind of like run so hard and then secure the lock up and do what protection thing. I think I'd have been on this towards the end of practice for me and then individual I think I should improvement today by staying on the more square against the sky a loop quicker and make sure like didn't.
Speaker 4: Get the D line two way, three way go. But I think yesterday you can watch like any of them, I had some good balance.
Speaker 6: Good movement with it.
Speaker 4: You can pick from that.
Speaker 6: I don't have a favorite rand on that.
Speaker 2: And just like what if the scouts kind of told you, like whether it's draft grade or just what you need to improve on, what's that process been like?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I've been kind of a low ball kind of guy, kind of been underrated for a little bit, kind of got to shine out here, which is nice, but a lot of the teams have been saying, we're trying to like practice right just in case if we do draft you or sign you, you.
Speaker 4: Might be playing right for us. And if you don't know how to play right, like you can't take you.
Speaker 9: And so I said, Okay, I show I guess some reps in a righte on Indie and stuff like that today just to be able to get that movement back to me.
Speaker 4: I haven't taken eight live reps on right, but I'll get there. You'll take a couple of days, but I'll get.
Speaker 9: To where I can take live reps like just on my web side. And then also just kind of like just keep working like they they know who I am. And so that's always a good feeling. It's always something nice to have in the back in your mind where it's like they know me. But it's ultimately someone else's decision if I get drafted or not. But if I can make a connection to talk with them and understand what goes behind the scenes, I understand that. Like again, like white kids on end, why can't I play for the next however many years this great game gives me right. So it's kind of just keep your head down work and Ben would always remember the bend and get low because you're so tall. Also use what the gunt even abilities.
Speaker 4: I have which are my length, So there's pros.
Speaker 6: Of cotton to it.
Speaker 4: But they all want me to see see me play low and just stay agile.
Speaker 2: And lastly family, obviously Rere's coming out Texas. It's been like your first time. How is just the it been being out here?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so this is my first like long stay in Texas. My first time in Texas was during COVID in twenty twenty for a whole game.
Speaker 5: It was cool.
Speaker 9: We were at San Antonio, so we kind of got to see the kind of area and it was really nice. By next time in Texas, we played TCU two years ago like Colorado, which was cool.
Speaker 6: I got out here.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a great atmosphere.
Speaker 9: It's different because it kind of they hate you because you're the opposing team, but that it was what it was.
Speaker 4: But then and getting here in kind of just staying in this area. I haven't been really.
Speaker 9: Outside the hotel other than to get on the bus to go to practice. But I mean for Mike and look like it looks amazing and there's some guys from the team that I'm playing with only the East low line that lived ten to fifteen minutes away.
Speaker 4: One of my older older teammates from Colorado is named for Reggie. He's in the neighborhood.
Speaker 9: We caught up and chopped it up after practice and he leants it out here and so I hope, I think I have a little bit of time today, maybe I'll take a walk in. But they kind of explore a little bit. But I mean it's nice out here. It's a little cold, but it's nice right now. Thank you whatever, We thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Excellent though.
Speaker 2: For for him, uh he he's about like six eight, he's one of the tallest lineman out there, and he deal with great and reps. By the year, I think it's gonna come down to him. It seemst like a David Baktiari thing. We're like, yeah, just put on some you know, probably put on some more muscle work on your technique for finding solf and he could be a good swing tackle for somebody, because yeah, they had him. He definitely was playing a lot a right tackle, especially in one on ones. And for God to transfer from Colorado and Oregon State. You know he did. All right, I'm not gonna play all my interviews because fans like fifteen, oh you really want me to play all my interviews. You don't have to play the whole thing, see see.
Speaker 10: It?
Speaker 2: Well, these next two actually I I could probably do like mm hmm, I'm gonna play Jimmy Horn.
Speaker 11: You guys like we don't talk about this off.
Speaker 5: You just ignore the playbook like yeah, I'm just gonna go.
Speaker 2: But no, sir, sir, I'm trying to play my CLI.
Speaker 3: Like Josh Allen going on the via being like, hey, yeah, goas going to play, but I'm gonna do whatever.
Speaker 2: I want, Okay, jamis all right, like shut up with my interviews playing? Thanks all right for you. What's this whole experience been like, especially you know out here with your brothers and teammates kind of just going through this process together, and it's.
Speaker 12: Been it's been a great experience I have, you know, especially like be able to do this last ride with my team meeting and my Broddy.
Speaker 13: You know that I built the blind. We don't field now out.
Speaker 2: The field then like.
Speaker 12: R they to you know, come out here and support us and support you know, it's been it's been a great it's been a great.
Speaker 11: Process being like dealing with the different coaches.
Speaker 12: They they personality like they get to see my personality as a person, you know, and then just have a conversation with different teams and stuff like that for an opportunity, something that I've been dreaming of doing my whole life.
Speaker 1: As far as like the one on ones, do you feel like it was your best day? The best rap?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 12: I feel like every day I had a good day in one on ones. You know, I came back there to work every day, all right, you know I wouldn't see it.
Speaker 11: I don't know what it did with my best day.
Speaker 12: I feel like every day I came back there every day out in increasing I got better every day and I came mock up.
Speaker 2: And as far as like obviously your quarterback likes your door. You know, he does a lot to lean you guys, a lot of great receivers, Like just the synergy, how y'all play off for each other, like y'all how long did that take or was it instant? Like when y'all kind of got together transferred in and.
Speaker 12: No matter, I feel like it was kind of like it was I ain't gonna say card it was instant, you know, like he recruited it and your door played a part end up my recruitment up going that to me, it was like when I got there, he we instantly got in that loud to Yeah, he did that with ut A receivers that he brought answer like before we even start, like we already in that loud building that connection before before we even hit regular practice, before we hit screen ball.
Speaker 11: Like so as you get that, you we getting it down. So like we clicked on the field instant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the coach prime proll frame dB.
Speaker 2: Obviously when the Hall of Fame dB is coaching you up and telling you what you need to do as a receiver, and he plays a receiver too, Like what are some of the the biggest tips that he taught you?
Speaker 1: Just kind of just little tweaks for your craft.
Speaker 12: My my main thing when I first got that, I used to run a lot with my head Now, like you coming out coming off the snap.
Speaker 11: I used to running out with my head down, and I used to rise at the top of my route.
Speaker 2: Feel me.
Speaker 11: He he used to fatigue that game in my rough, Like you gotta come out with your head up. And start rising at the top of the route.
Speaker 12: Yeah, getting it out to your grace quick like already I already could get in and out of line, do we Just that's just something like he he built on top of you really like the mental aspect of the game, but you really ain't care about the field part.
Speaker 11: For me, it's more like mental you and.
Speaker 1: Just obviously you know you fast. You know, you know got classes.
Speaker 2: Do you have like a set number you wanna hit for, like you know all the drills, forties all that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I got some set longs out on the head. But I don't wanna sleep about it. I just open the doors and.
Speaker 1: Just for you, just how far you come? Like what are you just happiest about just going through this process?
Speaker 11: The thing i'ma happy is about.
Speaker 12: Uh Oh, I could see really getting this opportunity to show what I can do. You know, I knew I could run route, I knew I could get open, I knew I could catch, you know, I just wanted to show all that stuff.
Speaker 2: And what was the biggest compliment the coaches gave you this week, whether it was in interviews or just no throughout practice, what was the.
Speaker 11: Biggest talking that I got from the course. He was like, he like, who like wh are Like I was protiquing my game. He like, I detailed, I am in the front of rock Runner and stuff like that. He like, if I keep working on that, that.
Speaker 12: Could that can help take me a long way. Just be in detail in the NFL can help take the long way and.
Speaker 11: And the and the more value I got, like ill maida go back then through compatern kit maternally.
Speaker 5: Like you know what I'm say.
Speaker 12: They like when you got value to it, so you not just a one dimension of left come up with everything.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Yeah, appreciate.
Speaker 2: That was Colorado and former us F wide receiver Jimmy Horn junior. H had a really great year at uh Colorado. Next, I'm I plays South Carolina running back uh raheem Rocket Sanders. So for the top running backs and unloaded draft class. Just when you're you know, decided, okay, this.
Speaker 1: Is it, Like how what are something?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 2: What are some of the things that you know Coach Beemer gave you advice over just to.
Speaker 7: Prepare for this.
Speaker 16: I wouldn't say just coach Beemer, but all the coaches did, like you know, from a aufense standpoint and different standpoint it.
Speaker 2: Just be myself.
Speaker 1: I feel like being myself, you know what I mean, gonna cool everybody what they want.
Speaker 3: To look for, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Just being myself all around.
Speaker 16: Just as you know, talking to the coaches as well, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Don't try to ask like anybody else, you know what I mean. I feel like that's just in life in general.
Speaker 2: Just be yourself.
Speaker 16: Like that's what Beamer always taught me when to come down to you know, football worker outside of football works and just keep thangas to be myself.
Speaker 2: And lots had a lot of close guys, crazy, like I'm saying, amount of close games. So when you look back on the season and then you see some of the guys here who you played against, like, how's that kind of rivalry?
Speaker 1: Not even rivalies?
Speaker 16: Just see yeahn I saw I saw Abama kid winner. The linebackers, for sure, we talk about it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But you know it's in the back, it's in a back.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, it's just.
Speaker 16: Me like, you know, just even being in the had the opportunity to play against you know, the great team.
Speaker 4: Like that and be in the game with them, and it's a blessing but you know, if they've had another.
Speaker 5: Year, that'd be a year we're taking home for help.
Speaker 16: But at the same time, you know, it was blessing when it was blessed to play against the guys, not even just the guys that's.
Speaker 1: In the sec the Big twelve, you know what I mean, acc and all the you know, you know, it's a blessing to play.
Speaker 2: And obviously that offense is crazy, like just when mount the speed did you can just start a quarterback and running back harbor is a freak of nature. Like when you just look at how you guys are all played off each other. Like what's the biggest thing you learned about yourself this year as a football player? Well, football part.
Speaker 1: Having so confidence, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: I feel like this year gaining my company.
Speaker 6: Back from the.
Speaker 2: Training wise, like are you do you have a set number of what you run in the fort you or what you want to.
Speaker 1: Do in all these jaties.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna say too much.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna say too much, you.
Speaker 16: Know, I mean, definitely definitely something to you know, have your eyes.
Speaker 7: Open for you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's have y'all from mind.
Speaker 1: But I ain't gonna say it too much?
Speaker 2: Is I gotta work for, I gotta work for.
Speaker 16: I got I got a couple more we're talk can work for, you know what I mean? Just I got right into a good do not go there by Cowbine?
Speaker 5: Did you uh?
Speaker 2: Did you take the risk of trying to race Nicholas Hartburn practice every day?
Speaker 1: That was like the one that everybody knew, like you don't racing, Well.
Speaker 16: It's just it's different football speed that checks fet is different too at the same time, but like you know, he's he's a guy that's just free from nature.
Speaker 7: Like just different guys.
Speaker 1: But you know, now, I've never tried to.
Speaker 4: Raise the younger at you, but you know I'm fast to fast.
Speaker 1: Call you rocket for a reason now that but no, yeah, but you're fat.
Speaker 2: Your running style like where did it? Who did you first emulate when you're starting? And then how do you kind of just refine it? Now you're saying one's time your running style, Like who did you emulate your running style?
Speaker 1: After the kid?
Speaker 6: For him?
Speaker 16: Now the running through the door key guys I watched growing up with Mike Mike Digg That's one of my favorite bout players.
Speaker 1: That's why I know, like I love seven, seven of my favorite numbers, so I want to call it I won't seven out, but learning from that too.
Speaker 16: N Fanel was the one of the guys I always watched REB before a game and some high school before games.
Speaker 2: Training wise, where are you out of right now?
Speaker 7: Said?
Speaker 2: Where you training?
Speaker 1: I'm down here time, down here, full time. It's moving on for the week.
Speaker 2: What's it kind of been like, you know, just getting the quarterback cadence, you know, obviously the lines different, everybody just figuring themself out.
Speaker 1: What came the easiest?
Speaker 2: What came easiest first?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Really the easiest thing that came first because well you know, let's you know, getting used to a schedule, this, this and that.
Speaker 1: But I want to say the easiest thing just.
Speaker 7: So much stuff, you know.
Speaker 6: What I mean, just for one player.
Speaker 1: But now I was like, you really just take in what you need to hear.
Speaker 2: And you run with it as far as like, obviously they got recovery stuff for you to like, what are some things that you're learning through this process of interviews that you're going to apply to how you prepare going forward?
Speaker 1: Oh well, you know it's just something like when you say that, I say, but I get to the next person that's going through this after this, after say, I mean, you know, I'll just be yourself.
Speaker 7: Coaches and stuff like that, but like really just.
Speaker 16: Like really still tell your story, you know what I mean? It really shout out to people that you know that that have been there since they one.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that, who's some of your biggest you know, your biggest supporters. Who are some of the people like when you close your eyes or not, you're like, that's.
Speaker 1: What you think about in this journey of getting.
Speaker 6: To the NFL.
Speaker 7: You know, my family, you know, my mom, my mom, my girlfriend as well my mom, Yeah, my three brothers, and the my best friends of Marie Jones for so.
Speaker 1: Ye since day one. It's a tight circuit, you know what I mean, I come down to that.
Speaker 2: But you know, obviously past black and white, it's crucial espression. I want to get on Earth downs. You wouldn't get some of the two of the best defensive ends of the country. Yeah, so how do you kind of just the hight thing I did?
Speaker 17: That's a thing I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean every every day in practice, like when you look at those guys, because what they did in conjunction to what you have to do as a pass blocker. Like, just going into the draft, where do you feel like you ranked yourself for bost some of the best pass blocking running backs in the draft?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I want to say, well, I raked myself when I went in because I do want to get into the ranking part of it, cause I never think about you know, if or who I'm better than all that, you know what I mean. I always try to beat myself every day, you know what I mean. I try to be the best person of uh best best person ever.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean when you come down to myself, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So the only question I'm competing against it myself.
Speaker 2: So they're like draft gradewise, did the scouts, like, did they tell you anything after the season.
Speaker 5: Or did you even looking?
Speaker 6: I didn't.
Speaker 16: I didn't look into that. That's not something I want to look into because you know what, Andy, You know, it might be a coach that never talked to me before that might draft, you know what I mean. But at the end of the day, it's not something I'm working learning about, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 2: If I you know, even if I.
Speaker 4: Get undrafted, I'm gonna get you know, first round sitting.
Speaker 1: Around all a round.
Speaker 16: I don't get picked and I get undrafted. I just want to get my foot in the door. Man's who I am really as a person that played.
Speaker 2: What's something that uh we haven't had a chance to showcase yet that, Yeah, what you definitely want to.
Speaker 5: Shoot more catching It look like the one on ones was great, but it was like first day in.
Speaker 16: I ain't played football in like four months, you know what I mean, And so I'd probably say no tention to that Blacks too.
Speaker 5: I don't want to show them.
Speaker 7: That, you know, I like the block which I did today.
Speaker 1: I want I just want to show up, show them now really past stuff because we take the quarterback you know what, they're paying them down, you know what I mean. So just important quarterbacks. So I could be a bat that had long becavity.
Speaker 5: In the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, astually, just like for the for the pro dam Like, are you planning on kind of doing maybe not like testing, but you know, workouts, routes, you know, block.
Speaker 1: Dollars should work.
Speaker 5: Probably yeah, I'll probably do. But you know, shoot, where I got.
Speaker 7: My mind at right now is just you know, I'm gonna do everything.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna do everything, but at the same time, I'm gonna worry about listening in front of me first, and that's a time about.
Speaker 1: Good luck with everything said, yeah's.
Speaker 2: Black? Why an interesting thing about uh raheem. Yeah, he's on top of not playing in South Carolina's Bowl game. Like, yeah, he was injured the previous season. But yeah, the thing that he was worried about, he was really hard brow and he's like, I want team to know I can actually catch the ball. I'm not just one dimensional. So the fact that he says he's gonna surprise everybody with us forty, that should be interesting. I want to play your guy A man Hassen in out of Boise State. All right, So for you just roller coaster season Boys State had and you know your career, how do you kind of sum that up?
Speaker 1: You know, coming here competing the way you did.
Speaker 11: Man, it's it's it's such a blessing.
Speaker 18: And it's honor to be here.
Speaker 5: And I'm almost labor.
Speaker 19: H Well, my career A Boidy has been awesome and great, But the most thing I'm proud of.
Speaker 18: Of is how we all came together and go to stay and how we all give the glory to Jesus. I mean, do everything is am I know and this is every child leave. Why is successful? Why the success that we have is because of him?
Speaker 5: And you want to give him the cord.
Speaker 6: Of the Guian.
Speaker 5: I'm just here.
Speaker 18: I'm just want to inspire people and to show what kind of after game and the end of the day is to give god o ord.
Speaker 2: And obviously you know you have to go up againt gent every day. In practice, you guys practically led the country in sacks. What are some of the things that scouts are telling you just about that tape and about how you kind of progressed in your career.
Speaker 19: Absolutely so I've been only playing for before about sixty five years.
Speaker 11: So the most thing that progresses is the key of the game. Understanding the game.
Speaker 18: Understanding how to get to the quarterback, understanding if it's a run or pass or us sit.
Speaker 11: Down in distance.
Speaker 5: So what kind of play today?
Speaker 4: And there's something that would just.
Speaker 6: Say has done the phenomenons out with me just to.
Speaker 11: Break the game down and explain a t Z what I need to do and what I need.
Speaker 19: To do to be successful and get the tack on and leave the team and and all that. So and me and Ashton is where he's one of my coursest friends. He's he's an awful human being and he's a fantastic athlete and yeah, awesome leader.
Speaker 1: Just for you, what are some you know forty time magilities? Do you have, like set numbers that you want to hit.
Speaker 6: Uh, I'll be a surprise me.
Speaker 11: I want some.
Speaker 5: I want to I want I want them. We'll get a surprised.
Speaker 11: Let's let's let it happen.
Speaker 6: I got I just got my.
Speaker 18: Combent in but yesterday, so it's really blessed with that, and I just can't wait to go out there and show what.
Speaker 15: I can do.
Speaker 2: Cool And for this week, what do you feel like was your best rapper, best day, you know, one on one time?
Speaker 19: Yeah, so I feel like I stuff that I never done before.
Speaker 6: I showed the scouts what I can't do.
Speaker 19: I'm not just the power guy.
Speaker 11: I can also finess.
Speaker 6: I can go outside.
Speaker 5: I can go outside.
Speaker 4: I can spin outside, I.
Speaker 6: Can spin inside.
Speaker 4: I got power.
Speaker 18: I can go with a three tech, I can play as a five tech as a plan I can plan a nose.
Speaker 6: So I cannot.
Speaker 5: I kind of want to show my versatility and what kind of doing the football field.
Speaker 6: And I felt like.
Speaker 11: I was able to accomplish that, and I just wanted to get my name out there.
Speaker 5: And stuggling what I can do.
Speaker 11: And I feel like I've been stacking days.
Speaker 19: I'm just taking one day at a time and attacking each rep and winning a lot of my own ones.
Speaker 6: I'm doing grading team and my coaches.
Speaker 11: I've been doing a phenomenal job with me and explaining what.
Speaker 5: I need to do and even loving my tables.
Speaker 6: I'm truly blessed.
Speaker 2: And lastly, in terms of just you know, obviously the draft and everything, some people are waiting to get invite you knows all that. But you're gonna throw like still family affair the house like you even thought that far yet.
Speaker 1: As far as like draft parties and all that.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I mean, I'm planning to do it in Boise.
Speaker 19: I have my some of my closest friends, and have my coaches and being boys where I'm from this right I.
Speaker 6: Live, so my brother lives.
Speaker 19: There too, So it'll be a great time for whatever.
Speaker 11: So it will be a blessing.
Speaker 5: Thank you go left with thanks so appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it's actually it's crazy that he's only really playing six years of football and he's pretty much turned himself to all Americans. So and Boise State like led the country in sacks. Ed Rusher number forty could probably definitely go pro next year. So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Let's see, I got the North dakotat quarterback.
Speaker 2: And Thomas.
Speaker 1: Oh can't mill it my bad And I will refrain from saying your boy.
Speaker 2: I know your guy. Yeah, on the record, you feel better, Pete. So what's it been like this week? You know, historic season yet again to close out you know in know North front of State. What's been like just being here?
Speaker 5: It's been so much fun.
Speaker 20: It's been great to get to know some other quarterbacks across the country, some of the best you know in the nation, So getting to know them has been awesome. It's been great to throw a new receivers and play with new guys. And for me, it's been so much fun to play against talented defensive backs in d mind and and yeah, I think it's gonna take my game in the next time.
Speaker 2: You know, you you ended your career with the championship, you have to say, like, I hate those guys in my rivals and you beat them and make history, Like how special is that for you?
Speaker 1: Closing your career out that way.
Speaker 5: I think it means a lot.
Speaker 20: You know, I was very fortunate Jo played with some very talented people and to be a part of such a great program and for us to end it like we did, I think is special and it really cemented our legacy.
Speaker 6: On the program.
Speaker 2: How do you explain kind of just the culture. It's hard to have that much success. You're in a yard to be competitive and go deep into the playoffs all the time. So just for you as a quarterback, how do you feel like that culture and the process shaped you.
Speaker 5: I think it starts with the coaching staff.
Speaker 20: I think the culture is great because of the high character kids that we bring into the program. So I was very quick to make friends in the program, and I think the relationships.
Speaker 5: In the brotherhood is really the reason why our program.
Speaker 6: Was so great.
Speaker 2: And just this week as far as like you know, obviously cadences verbiage getting everything down house, Like, how did the room kind of pick everything up?
Speaker 20: I think the room really adjusted well to you know, hold new playbook. We all had to come from a different program that ran different stuff and all get on the same page with the same pot, with the same playbook.
Speaker 5: It has been a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: And where you training out of New Jersey and like.
Speaker 2: For the combine all that pro days everything. Do you have a set number whether it's agilities forties, you know, even like the number of balls you're gonna throw every every quarterback of a script for the pro das, Like do you have all that figured out yet? Are you still Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I feel good about it.
Speaker 5: I have a script and everything.
Speaker 3: My trader is.
Speaker 20: Gonna be running that and uh yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: So you got a set number for like the forty and all that.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that's a run a four to sixty five, that's the that's the goal.
Speaker 2: What's just something that like scouts don't okay, small school guy, a lot of success and what are some things that you still feel like you got to prove and you want to, you know, let everybody know about who you are, how to have.
Speaker 20: An NFL on and that I'm a leader of men and I'm great in the locker room and and you know I'm gonna do everything possible.
Speaker 5: So do you win games?
Speaker 2: And for someone who's never been in North Dakota, best place to eat? That's just cultural things to.
Speaker 20: Do there's not a lot to do in North Dakota. Uh, there's a lot of restaurants. I'd say my favorites probably do littles.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 20: Yeah, there's a lot of a lot of great restaurants and food there.
Speaker 21: Uh.
Speaker 6: You know, make sure you bring your winner code.
Speaker 2: Thank you the level with every they appreciate it. Yeah. Cam Thomas actually had a a pretty great week and a pretty decent game. He scored two touchdowns, eating that blowout wind twenty five to zero. Half the other team receivers kind of left, some guys got pulled up.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think it was the first shout out since like nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Game Man.
Speaker 3: But none of that information was as important as where they're all training at. Well, some of these guys, I really need to know where they're training at, and there's no source of information on the internet where I could easily find that out.
Speaker 1: I just think it's interesting that like he would be training in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: But I was like some of the people, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, wait, huh a lot of times where their agents are, So that's really how you know?
Speaker 2: I was like, that's it. I just find it interesting some people are like and I'm training here in Texas. I was like, oh, you eating good? Then they probably with Sports Academy eating good. Then a couple people, Yeah, I just and then what there's Auburn tight end. He's actually uh he was actually trading with Golden Feet. I was like, damn, so you know legit, go on, dude, really playing. You said you're gonna run a four four.
Speaker 3: Though, if I opened up a burger called Smacking Burgers, you're gonna be like, yeah, you know, that's just legit because of the name.
Speaker 2: Like gold Feet, like they literally say flowers leak neighbors. All the L s U was traded out of there. The dude with the L s U clearly don't know what Golden tet is. Yeah, and they all do. What's the L s U bro? Like he's certified stamped. All these receivers that have come out all trained with him.
Speaker 3: Golden feed dead ass.
Speaker 2: I'm not even joking.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you haven't heard of this.
Speaker 2: See when you ask questions outside of what you care about Pete, these colded feet.
Speaker 1: All right, so I could play a couple more, do you play all of them?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I know you got a lot. That's why I'm like, we're gonna hear this. My is short and like actual, like I don't know you asked Media day questions. I wasn't even at Media Day, Bros. This was a different setup. You haven't even heard the content I published.
Speaker 3: That's unlike you. I actually know how to make different shit work for different platforms. So the ship that was on IG is only on IG. The ship that I got for audio is only an audio. So this ship has not been on cool story. If anything, you asked media day questions, I was only you asked questions that could be an email.
Speaker 2: Actually this variation of you did this variation of me. That's crazy. Can you use like ninety percent of my questions? Yeah, because they were better than this, because I actually have to do research to ask the questions.
Speaker 3: You You're still trying to get on me and it's not working.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not getting on right hard. I asked some of the same questions to these people. They just these are their answers.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna play unlv rnebacker Jackson Woodard, so legendary career from walk On at Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Make their way to unlv after everything that happened to LA Bowl win, How do you kind of just wrap up, you know, how everything's played out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one shit, man, I've had a career that that.
Speaker 4: Just at the end of the day, I.
Speaker 22: Think it's just a result of trusting God and working as hard as I can regardless of the situation, believe it.
Speaker 1: In myself, and then also being blessed.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 22: I got really good parents, get really good coaches, and it was a lot of fun, you know. I started as a walk on at Arkansas, ended up transferring with coach Odham to go to NLV. We changed, the culture, changed the program, went to two UH conference championships.
Speaker 4: Wish we could uh.
Speaker 22: You know, change outcome of those two, but then it ended with a bang at the LA Bowl and winning that was was huge to me and I'm just proud of what we did at that program.
Speaker 1: And just for you, like obviously training wise, where are you training? I yeah, I'm training here actually in Dallas.
Speaker 2: And like, do you have like set numbers for you know, agil D's forties all that ranges, or you have.
Speaker 1: Like an exact time you want to hit.
Speaker 4: I have it like pretty exact.
Speaker 1: You're gonna keep that close to the best to the time comes Yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll see, we'll see, I'll see.
Speaker 5: I'll show you at the comb now.
Speaker 2: So as far as just like the pro day, obviously, you know draft parties, you plan on kind of staying home for that or are.
Speaker 22: You gonna Yeah, I'll obviously go to the Pro day in Vegas and then I'll come back home and just you'll be me and my family and hang out, spend time with them and see where God wants you.
Speaker 2: And with that, you got you know, Academic All American being a walk on, and then you know, coming a conference and all that, Like how big.
Speaker 1: Is that for you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Big? You know.
Speaker 22: So last year I got the first team Academic All American and that was the first and un A vs.
Speaker 4: History and that meant so.
Speaker 22: Much because David Wedley, the academic advisor there, deserves, you know, something like that. He puts in so much work, sacrifices so much time that you know his work needs to be sewn to the world and and then to get it again this year is awesome. And Ricky White and Jalen Catalan also both got first team, which is again shout out to David Wedley.
Speaker 1: And they're also really good players too, And.
Speaker 2: I see, how does it feel, you know, seeing Ricky here again, getting you know, one last game at least like the colleges of them with no informer teammate.
Speaker 22: Yeah, Ricky's phenomenal, man. I have so much respect for Ricky. He's a phenomenal player. I think everyone got to see that this week. He's unguardable. But he also I mean, it's just gritty. You don't see that at the receiver position a lot. He blocked four punts, he's on kickoff return as well, and then he's putting up a thousand yards. He's such a good human as well a teammate that.
Speaker 1: I'll remember forever. Goodluck with everything. Yeah, thanks so much, man, Thank you appreciate.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 2: Out of players shouting out their academic counselors, Yeah, that's pretty cool. It's like when those rat rappers would be like, my teacher didn't believe in me. Hold on, let's talk to your teacher for a second. I don't believe you. I think your teacher did believe in you. It's like, oh, shouting out your academic advisor. Good, that's cool. That was really wholesome. But yeah, I'm gonna play the Georgia slash Stanford tight end. Ben Uh, you're sick. You transferred from Stanford, went to Georgia almost made a national title. Reckon. He was actually a great tight end at Stanford before he left. So Stanford transfer played at Georgia.
Speaker 6: What was it like?
Speaker 2: Because I mean, obviously the end of the reign with Stanford kind of switched to more of a spread offense, especially when coach Taylor you transfer to Georgia.
Speaker 1: What was that whole process?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean luckily being an under coach Shaw in that offense is a pro style very similar to Georgia's, you know, learning the burbage and some of that stuff's a little different, little nuances in the offense. But being able to go under coach Shawn and go to Georgia out of great ability I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And that Stanford, you guys, you know, cal kind of came back to resurgence.
Speaker 1: The big game became way more intense.
Speaker 2: Now, how do you just describe that someone who isn't a part of it and doesn't know, like, what's what's it like being in that rivalry?
Speaker 6: I mean it's called a big game for a reason. The history the aid.
Speaker 10: One thing I wish I could have done in my career better is winning is California. Nothing that robs the real deal, say least.
Speaker 2: And once you got to Georgia, obviously leading a five stars, leading at talented guys. You know, scheme chances a little bit every year just based on transferers who comes in. But how did you kind of hit the ground running when you're out there outside of the scheme, but just being in Georgia the whole whole there, you know.
Speaker 10: I think that humidity that some big differences, you know, moving across the country all that stuff. Obviously there's some huge differences. I'd say as far as the football, football wise, it's always tough coming from an injury, missing screen ball all that time and going into the.
Speaker 6: Fall camp, that community and everything. It was definitely tough that competition.
Speaker 10: We got some of the best players in the nation to go into mikeel Williams or Walker all that stuff. So every single day we're just you know, elevating your standard, working harder.
Speaker 2: And just put your head down and just for obviously for seeming wise, you already know what you can do. You were part of that leading It is great Stanford tight ends to go to Georgia, like was it kind of just a no brainer once you're transferred. Was that like your first school or was it kind of like, uh, you want to stay on the West coast?
Speaker 6: Tale? Like what was that like?
Speaker 10: You know, I did not enter the world, you know where where I was going.
Speaker 6: You know a lot of kids talked to schools earlier that these days.
Speaker 4: I was not my story at all.
Speaker 10: So I remember Washington it was one of those schools I talked to early. And Debora obviously left headed out to Alabama. You know, I didn't want to even though they talked to me out Obama. Didn't want to be at a.
Speaker 6: First year of place with first year coach.
Speaker 18: And then.
Speaker 6: SIS was in the mix. Fuck out Ohio state a little bit, but I was going at Georgia. It was gonna be the right place for me.
Speaker 23: The you know it was.
Speaker 6: It was the hard way, for sure. It was not the easy way. Coach Hartley, what he does with the tight.
Speaker 10: Ends, his resume speaks for himself. The competition, going against the best every single day, and dude, that was gonna be the best place for me to grow and be that complete wid tight end work on my run game and other aspects.
Speaker 1: And obviously in Il exploded.
Speaker 2: Everybody assumes like you said earlier, like okay, you already had a place predetermined, gown in a portal, But you know, did you kind of try to pursue an io opportunities like the last two three years or was it just like, nah, I'm gonna focus strictly on the football. It is, it isn't.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, I think you can check myself. I'm not a big social media guy. I'm not a big nil guy.
Speaker 6: Have very few opportunities. It's always great to go sign cards or do anything like that.
Speaker 10: Be help with your family. Don't me wrong about the players that even play. I paid, but Georgia was not a nil or money other places. They definitely offered me more. It was a place that developed me to be the best tight end personally.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 2: Just for this week, what do you feel that was your best individual rep, best team rep, whether it be.
Speaker 1: Blocking and receiving.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think I've had a lot of good reps at a Jim catch over in the middle today where.
Speaker 4: Hang out blown up but held onto that ball and it was a.
Speaker 6: Nice supposed to play.
Speaker 10: And I think I've had a lot of good getting the box as well, both in the past game.
Speaker 6: In the run game, and you know they've.
Speaker 10: Been by the f fullback being out in the back ready back and saying the past protection.
Speaker 6: So a lot of good reps at each of those positions.
Speaker 2: And last, yeah, just do you have a set or whether it's just an exact time or just like you know range, you want to hit forty bench press Cone's agilities all uh.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know obviously basedline jests and all that stuff, but a lot of workers go three dugs.
Speaker 6: Hopefully it will be in Lael for six summer range.
Speaker 10: You know, I gotta work on that start a lot for sure, but uh yeah, you know, bitch bress and all that stuff.
Speaker 6: Hopefully we're getting being high teams and say listen, oh.
Speaker 1: Thank you love with me at your brother thanks so much.
Speaker 2: So being uh he's from Bakersfield. He's an in and out guy, and he gave a very good tip. When you go order in and out fries, it's like, I know they suck, but when you order it and out fries, order them light well said asks for light. Well, when you get fries from in and out, it'll change your whole perspective. I was like, all right, I'm gonna play Uh, Auburn QB payment thrown. So what's it been like this week with the quarterbacks and also having something you know, you're tight end here.
Speaker 8: It's been great, you know, Uh obviously getting all these other quarterbacks good guys, and uh, you know, get to talk about some of their experiences too in college and then gotta put my tight end and KeAndre is here too, and so getting play a tight ended receiver.
Speaker 4: It's been been a good time.
Speaker 2: Coming from you know, Michigan State to Auburn. Like the way you did, what was what was that process like and what was it like? Kind of just some great shating yourself, you know in Auburn and that culture.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was good, you know, getting moved down south, living south the first time, and you know that'll been a lot of.
Speaker 4: Great people and uh it was fun.
Speaker 8: You know obviously if they didn't go class playing at Auburn, but it was something that I don't regret going down there. Like I said, I've met a lot of great people and right about the moves and talked to my close circle before made that decision, and ultimately at that time I thought that.
Speaker 4: Was was best and uh, I don't regret that.
Speaker 8: So, uh, it was a great place, an incredible atmosphere to play, to play a game, and.
Speaker 6: I enjoyed that time.
Speaker 2: And obviously like the whole boom with the video game coming back out in I L all that exploded, QB is getting an I L. They'll short of the team, Like how did how did that kind of impact the Obburn community because every n io everywhere looks a little bit different, So like, how did the community kind of rounding around you guys in that regard and what you know, what were some cool things you got to do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, we got to collective.
Speaker 7: I know a lot of people are.
Speaker 6: Very generous giving that and uh.
Speaker 8: You know, we're very appreciated, appreciative about that. Pretty cool golf outing one time. I remember that, like that'd be one of my.
Speaker 4: Highlights of uh some some legendary people and played an awesome course.
Speaker 16: So that was fun.
Speaker 4: And like you said, it looks different everybody.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't think that, uh, there's a problem at Alfen with it.
Speaker 6: You know, some teams have problems in.
Speaker 8: The team because guys were talking a ton about what each guy's making, and really there was none of that talk in our locker room.
Speaker 6: So that was good.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I think it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: You have a chance to meet Cam and Bowl and made me a great So that kind of came through there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got a chance to meet Kim. I haven't met Bow, you know, I think sometime this year sometime down the road, gets to chopped up with him.
Speaker 6: But got to meet Cam.
Speaker 4: I haven't met Stidham.
Speaker 8: And I met a couple of other nice great quarterbacks from back.
Speaker 5: In uh I think the eighties, and so it was cool to.
Speaker 6: Talking with them. Got to meet Bow or Yeah, yeah, I got to.
Speaker 4: Meet both Jackson.
Speaker 1: I have not met both Nicks that I met about Jackson, but yeah, next I have met both about Jackson.
Speaker 2: There's well and then just this week obviously the cadances. Every old line talked about it, like you know, they all sound the same but different.
Speaker 1: What was the preparation for.
Speaker 8: You know, not too much preparation in terms of the cadence.
Speaker 4: It's it's kind of it's not too.
Speaker 8: Hard to play quarterback understanding and there's different candences.
Speaker 4: You just knowing what kids were using, you.
Speaker 6: Know, and being good with it.
Speaker 8: But I say, number one, you got to be loud. You know, you've got to be a certive when you're a quarterback, which everybody hears you and have you know, some inflection in your voice. And I think that for dress confidence and guys, when you're have a confident tone in your voice, you know, So being certive, like I said, being loud and being convicted of what you're saying.
Speaker 1: What's the coolest thing you learned? Well, just this week you should have been.
Speaker 6: Down there, say, just talking with Michael Vick.
Speaker 8: You know, we've got something with Mike Vick yesterday for a little while. Hearing some of the histories was pretty cool. And I got a chance to meet Mike Singletary to it. I get to talk too much, but you know, I'm from just outside of Chicago, so being a guy like that your greatest.
Speaker 6: Defense ever is pretty cool. So, uh, some good, good learning experience here you're looking forward to.
Speaker 1: Speak of it?
Speaker 2: As you said, South Chicago, how was it for you when you saw Derrick Rose playing the Sun's last high school game and then the Bulls retirings or whatnot?
Speaker 4: Like Derek Rose was like my sports here growing up.
Speaker 11: You know, just see something I watched every cl game and so.
Speaker 16: Dereck Grows is like you know, Uh.
Speaker 6: So I love Derrick Rose and.
Speaker 8: I seen him, you know, I think they He's did some cool form of Chicago saw that and it's it's crazy to see its time about.
Speaker 4: You know, just saw let you go.
Speaker 11: He was in the city of Chicago.
Speaker 2: For the combine. Obviously it's different for quarterbacks. You normally have to focus on agility's forties and all that. So what are just the things that you're harping on and focus on getting ready for you know, combine, prods and all that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, take everybody. Making sure your body is maximized and what it can do. So nutrition and you up sepis that lived in and but yeah, getting fast, you know I can go run fast and and uh, you know all those drills and and then also just tighten everything up quarterback wise. You know, you want to spin it really well, you wanna throw it with good accuracy and in good velocity, and so, uh, I'll just get your technique right. And then also to learn as much as you can about what you're gonna step into and getting ready to go.
Speaker 2: You're sore, youre pretty much gonna do everything.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've made a sison on exactly everything I'm doing. We have to talked about that, but right now I'm gonna try to run as fasts I can and change direction.
Speaker 1: Well TWA, thank you, go love with everything for sure, Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right? Last one.
Speaker 1: And San Powell Ryland, Uh, Virginia Tech defensive it all right?
Speaker 2: So for you how this week?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: Oh, this week has been pretty good.
Speaker 5: Definitely a great experience, Uh, something that I'm glad I did.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 5: It's not only that, Uh, I got a chance to get football, but I got a chance to talk to a lot of.
Speaker 2: N rights colg and just for you like the way, you know, I would see everybody's career comes to an in different ways. Some guys were playing in the playoffs and all that. How would do you kind of sum up your career and what are you most proud of?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 24: I'd probably say, Uh, I feel like I make the best out of my opportunity that I did have in my college career. You know, things didn't go the way I wanted to as far as we uh you know, as far as a whole college career, as far as me coming straight in playing you know geams that I had going on. Uh, but you know, it's still definitely still a blessing that I got a chance to even show my U my abilities just.
Speaker 6: For this week.
Speaker 1: What do you feel like is your best day or your best rap?
Speaker 25: Uh?
Speaker 24: I would uh, I would say, I would say, uh one of I mean, I feel like I had a couple of reps. Uh I would say definitely, uh some some of them went on one. I think I did very well in some of the team tours. As far as the past, I think I did pretty well as far as I got. I remember one of them for sure that stuck out had an other team with different the tight ends and uh I shared the first tight.
Speaker 5: End and then spoke off the other tight end to kind of.
Speaker 2: Uh obviously Virginia Tech, but they're known for defense. So what was it like kind of bringing the film back this year? Yeah, it was definitely great.
Speaker 24: Like you said, they're now for defense that LTD said, Uh, you know, there's a lot of history towards that, so you definitely take that series down there, and it was definitely great to be a part of that.
Speaker 2: And obviously Notorio sam as the same man entrance when obviously everybody you see it on TV, but like when you first when your first time hearing it, going through with experiences and compared to your last time here yet, what was that like Emotionally?
Speaker 5: You actually feel it, you know, uh, you out there, man, It's.
Speaker 24: Just it's something in your by that tells you that you know it's different. Uh, you feel it in yourybody once you're going out there. You know that their first first little tune pull up and you know they cut it on to the fins yelling.
Speaker 5: You know, from then on, it's just like, you know, you grab a love for it, you know.
Speaker 24: The last time it was just it was just sweet, you know, being able to to well, knowing that it was my last time that I would actually been a player running out there after the ender same man definitely hit different. Being able to uh, you know, to sit back and look. So I had a lot more games over there being able to play in and just.
Speaker 2: For like the week of scouts. Did they do they want to specifically to see as an ed rusher? Do they want to see you maybe four to three stack, you know, slide you around? How they kind of told you they want to.
Speaker 24: See how you can handle For the most part, I'll say, uh, mainly like a versatile type backer, uh, the rush end backer as far as like A through four.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 24: But for the most part, I'll say it's been pretty much all over mainly that that rushed in.
Speaker 5: But it's to me. I mean, I think everything that that's been told that they wanted to see me in, I definitely would be comfortable with done. And I don't think I'll wire the problem with in the league.
Speaker 2: Where are you training out.
Speaker 5: Of Miami and Baumba Rios And just.
Speaker 2: For like numbers, everybody has their set range or they have a set number they want to hit, agilities or authorities, bench press all that.
Speaker 5: What are yours?
Speaker 26: For the most part, I definitely think I don't want to go more higher than the four six new lower than for six community Uh, you know definitely, you know, of course shooting for the for the stars.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm trying to go ahead in that range of four four, four six, you know a lord than that.
Speaker 2: Like draft part, everybody you know some people have another house, some people have it at the school. Have you thought about that if you had a chance to playing that out yet?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't think about that much at all.
Speaker 24: Real you know, I've been just in the moment for the most part, probably not really sure, but most likely I'll probably go back home, try to spend it with my family for the new work cool.
Speaker 2: And just for obviously you know, put out that long enough. What is what's your favorite like hometown meal? And then what's your favorite place to be at go eat at at?
Speaker 5: Votech favorite meal and blacks do give it to Kokookie.
Speaker 24: It's a It's a definitely spot and not at least like a stirfi type of type of deal.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 24: More so like uh, you know a lot of shrimp, uh, gallops, steak, chicken, you know it got rice For the most part, I'll definitely say that what was the second part of your question in your favorite hometown, favorite home cooked meal?
Speaker 5: Favorite home cooked meal? God definitely a great cook, so it's a lot to go with.
Speaker 24: But I would definitely have to say I would definitely have to say that she she massed her big chicken at rice.
Speaker 5: You definitely can't go with that.
Speaker 1: Don't don't lastly, just stuff all this is gonna happen. It's gonna go by it pretty quick.
Speaker 2: What's like the most memorable thing that you take away from like you just taking a chance on yourself and seeing things struggle with.
Speaker 5: Football really just I'm glad that I made.
Speaker 11: That decision me.
Speaker 24: Uh, you know, went from asking myself would I make it to uh, you know how far we will lock up. For the most part, I'm glad that I typically feel they're going into the chance football because of things probably probably went as good as it did here, I mean Deren Virginia.
Speaker 5: TECHNI it did for cool.
Speaker 2: Actually know one last one. Have you had a chance to meet vic and like all some of the great like you know, it's like a Jimmy Williams, is Dangel Hall have a chance to meet some of those great vinetape dude.
Speaker 24: Yet most I definitely have met vict the couple times, uh me and Vick is definitely you know, he knows me.
Speaker 2: I definitely know.
Speaker 24: Bru Smith for the most part, uh before getting there on my visit and stuff.
Speaker 26: You know, he came to visit.
Speaker 24: You know, he taught me as far as like the history and the things that all the good things about Rudinia Tech.
Speaker 5: And uh I met with I not met with but I've spoke with Daryl top before, I spoke with Danze with a Hall before.
Speaker 24: I remember one time Dansall came to the to the team's practice and he talked with us, and you know, I adopt him of you, you.
Speaker 5: Know, for the most partly let him know you when I was seven five seven of him though. That's all he needed to hear for the most part.
Speaker 1: Maybe luck with everything then, thank you?
Speaker 3: All right, So can you disconnect yours so I can connect mine?
Speaker 2: Gotcha?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, Yes, you want to just you know, recap the overall week and anything else that maybe you didn't get on the air.
Speaker 5: Well I set this up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Eastern Washington wide receiver ephrom Chisholm the second that's probably gonna be Cooper Cups replacement right there, fast uh k in the slot, really great, hands, great across the middle. He broke pretty much all a lot of Cooper Cups records at Eastern Washington, so I could see him falling. Somebody's gonna fall in love with that dude's tape. And he was great all week. I kept I kept going around like, who the hell is this dude in the Eastern Washington helmet cooking every dB out here? Yeah, the d line was great.
Speaker 1: The corners, the receivers were really dominant in this.
Speaker 2: Like the past two three years, I've been going to the Shrine, like the receivers are always really dominant. The difference was like the other teams receivers left halfway throughout the week. But the quarterback play was really good, much better than last year. I think cam Thoms last year. It was the year before that I went I was the alcar right, Okay, the d t R year it was. The quarterback play was even better than that. The defense was outstanding. Darren Bates, there's gonna be a great special teams coordinator, defensive coordinator. One day he brought the juice, came a Drano, a linebacker, always run the ball, really athletic, came like was a Rodeo kid, formerly a wide receiver. He's uh, linebackers, they're gonna be something special. Especially Carano. Yeah, I feel like he's gonna have a Matt Milano type role.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So for me, I got out to Mobile last week. I love getting out there. The people with Mobile is treating me right overall, I'd say, at least from top to bottom. I feel like this offensive line group was probably like the most solid that I've seen and my four or five times down in Mobile, just from top to bottom, I think defensively, I felt like they didn't have the same sort of kind of top end guys that kind of popped. But I mean I could say the same thing too about the defensive class, just as far as everyone being kind of stout had to tell. As far as the skill guys, I mean I only really watched them one day, but from different guys I was talking to that did watch them all day. I mean, one of the biggest standouts was Tess Johnson receiver out of Oregon. One just kind of compared him to a smoother Tank Dell or a smoother Calvin Austin, which ironically he's from Alabama, so he was kind of talking about how cool would be to play with. George Pickens was also from Alabama, like actually the state of Alabama, just to be clear.
Speaker 5: Other guys.
Speaker 3: People were talking about Isaiah Higgins out of Ohio state, I mean out of Iowa State. They were saying he was someone who just constantly dominated a lot of reps. But overall, I mean, receivers were pretty good. I feel like nobody really dominated like that as we've seen in years past.
Speaker 10: Like.
Speaker 3: Hookah, like you know, some of these other guys, like even shoot, I remember that first year we went there, was a bunch of guys that played well that didn't end up doing anything. Van Jefferson can you know, But yeah, man, overall, good experience. I mean, I think the good thing was they started getting a little bit more lax some kind of the media restrictions. The first day they were trying to be like super fascist about it, but by the second practice of day two, they were just kind of like, yeah, like because at the end of the day, no one's taking two fights to mobile to try to catch someone in a gotcha situation, Like We're just going out there to meet these kids and tell a little bit about their story and be a little part of their process. Like, no one's out there trying to fucking make a name for themselves, asking justin Tucker questions like so, I'm glad they kind of relaxed towards then. But so one of the first interviews I got first day of practice, this dude pretty much jumped out just.
Speaker 5: Right off the bat.
Speaker 3: Really, honestly, all the USC guys pretty much had a pretty solid performance out in the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 2: But Yona, how do you say Manheim? Jnheim? Holy shit, Mannheim say it again, Jonah Mannheim.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 3: He was kind of playing and really all over the offensive line. I think he's pretty physical. He's got better feet than I think maybe some people might think. And he was really just kind of staying in front of people. That's really all you need to do. So he was his take on his first practice.
Speaker 14: And yeah, it means everything.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: I love my time as a Trojan.
Speaker 14: Obviously I wish we'd want a little bit more, but you know, I love what it means to be a Trojan. I love all my guys back at SC and you know, everything that we accomplished. So it's been great to get out here and compete and represent the Trojans.
Speaker 3: And from where I was standing, you know, I feel like you had a great practice. You did some wins and one on ones, you did some good things on inside run.
Speaker 5: How do you feel like you did?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean it's just getting out here and competing every day. You know, I'll see how it looks on film, but you know, I'm just trying to attack compete and.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that. Thank you.
Speaker 3: No worries anything specific you're trying to work on over the course.
Speaker 1: Of this week.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's various things, especially you know, working some center working some guard kind of within this new scheme that we're in all and definitely some things I'm focusing on both run game in past game, you know, getting to learn from some new coaches.
Speaker 5: It's been good.
Speaker 3: And you're from SOCO, right, yes, sir, Yeah, So what do you think of so Cal versus Alabama?
Speaker 5: How do you like in Alabama so far?
Speaker 14: I mean, I know, this is a pretty nice week out here.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good weather out.
Speaker 14: Here for being the winter and everything, so can't complain at all. But you know, obviously I'm biased towards SOCA. Yep.
Speaker 27: All right, man, you look I'm good for you too, alright, man, So first off, just talk about here's Jalousie and.
Speaker 3: Like a couple of days in so far, it's been a blessing.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 28: You know, a great group of guys here, you know, coming from all around the country, the best of the best.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: So you just learning from the.
Speaker 28: Best, you know, coaches wise and players wise. Man, it's just good to get out here and compete, you know, with the best of the best.
Speaker 3: So I was reading your bio it says you're from Palmdale or are you from Alaman?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I grew up in Palmdale. Yeah, I grew up in Palmdale. You know, I lived in l A.
Speaker 6: First.
Speaker 28: Pops moved us down to Palmdal when I was four years old.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 28: And then when I got like about to high school, uh, he moved me down to Mister Adaminia High School. So I was just transporting from from Palmdale.
Speaker 5: To Mission Hill.
Speaker 3: What's the biggest misconception about Palmdal? Oh man, they say, like they say, like we have no like no players, like no, no, no real talent out there.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: And they say like it's so dry, like there's stuff to do out there in Palmdale, got to no function.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, man, so anything you're trying to work on specifically while you're out here over yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 28: I was just playing some technique, you know, as far as you know, getting my hands.
Speaker 11: Off the top on the top of the route, you know, just.
Speaker 28: Creating more more turnovers, uh, and just getting.
Speaker 2: My hands on the ball instead of just like penalties and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: For sure, man, look well roo for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so shout out to Palmdale. I had to ask him that question because I was reading his bio and then it was like it said he was born in LA, but then it said he went to school in LA. But then it said he grew up in Palmdale. So then I was like, wait, where's the mix up here? He enrolled at like seventeen pretty much pretty much just gave me the lowdown on that. We got some more LA connecttionl it later on in my bits. But uh, I think this next one is the tackle for ours. So there's not a ton of you know, big ten players, not a ton of UC This is to represented.
Speaker 2: I'm very grt for the representing four is up man Old Kelly.
Speaker 17: First time in Bama. Great competition out here, great people, great time.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Bama so far?
Speaker 17: It's cool, different, not too much out here more chill, not a bad thing, but overall the people I'm around right.
Speaker 3: Now, Legen, obviously you spent a lot of time in both North cal and so call what's your favorite?
Speaker 17: What do you think the biggest different of North calcu Egos, Egos? But I think Sam La to me kind of similar. I'm from Sacramento. Sacramento is a little difficult partch to both.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm from Sacramento.
Speaker 2: But man, great people, it is cool.
Speaker 3: We got better musics San Francisco or l a fight.
Speaker 1: I'll say, nor camp food food.
Speaker 5: All right, man, well, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I appreciate what.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So honestly, man, like I mean, that was a great thing about this experience is I feel like I got to know the athletes a little bit more than I have in years past, because again the relations were a little less strict. But man, that's the dude that like has a kind of networking connects that he's going to go somewhere like just coaching, scouting, whatever he ends up.
Speaker 5: Doing, Like he's gonna be great out here.
Speaker 3: Like after the game, he was one of the defensive MVPs because he had like two sacks and all the pressures. The national team, yeah whatever, whatever. He was on a losing team, but he ended up being the defensive player of the game. And so he was just talking to some dudes in the elevator, like asking them like how they knew each other, just you know, networking. And then I talked to him after the game and he pretty much was like, yeah, I kind of started off slow, but you know, I just got it just at halftime and just kind of slowed down and just kind of concentrated on my hands more and that's when I started getting, you know, in the backfield a little bit cleaner. But yeah, the other cool thing about him is he was Nigerian, So he was talking of like all the Nigerian players, like five or six of the Nigerian lineman took a picture together. He was chopping up with Jalenn Bill Rowe after the game and he was like, yeah, you gotta go home, like you gotta go check out Nigeria, like I just got back there, blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: And yeah.
Speaker 3: He also transferred from count like two years ago. So uh, he's been on both sides of the Calbert family. Yeah, I know the Bruins aren't really a bear, but they're kind of a bear. So yeah, the secret nobody likes to talk about.
Speaker 5: All Right.
Speaker 3: The next one, this one was, this one was a slew of Kenning questions. But this is the tackle from Arizona. What did it mean for you to be part of the core group that return it at Arizona last years?
Speaker 25: And then a lot you know, that's the guys that I came came in together with twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: You know, the guys I've.
Speaker 25: Built that mam with you know, we were so close to each other and they came in that two and twenty four years you know that happened, but I was unfortunate. But you know we left it to God to make it easy to us. So we all said together and just how to continue what we do?
Speaker 2: And what does what does your Wholenesian culture mean to you?
Speaker 5: And how is that you love this question kind of process? You know that means a lot, man, you know, especially because.
Speaker 1: Thinking back, you know, I always have that in the back of my mind.
Speaker 5: You know why why we the islands for better opportunities?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: You know, just having that.
Speaker 7: Thought in my mind?
Speaker 6: You know why am I?
Speaker 5: If you got it from it?
Speaker 2: I guess I didn't hit uh stuff on the one. Yeah. He he ended up being six three. He's definitely they moved in the guard. He was the right tackle in college. What's his name?
Speaker 5: Is his name? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has a long last name. Yeah, that's why I got a mixed up. And I didn't want to You.
Speaker 1: Can't say probably your names just don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't want to mix it.
Speaker 3: Jonah Sabaoli's cousin.
Speaker 2: I'm not even joking like someone's Arizona players and she related like their cousins cousins.
Speaker 3: Obviously, sax State's been the national headlines a little bit more of the past, Jackson, what should people know about that Sacramento stage.
Speaker 29: Yeah, I think it's just a great place to go to develop, you know, I mean, especially if you're an underrecruited guy. That's kind of my story coming out of high school, and you know, it was, you know, kind of felt you know bad in the beginning only having one scholarship offer, but you know, I'm glad they didn't have a bunch to choose from. Made the decision really easy for me and wouldn't change the thing, you know. Speaking on the O line, coach Richardson's been there for you know, many years. He's stuck around through three different head coaches, so he's obviously doing something right. Lots of O line success there. So you know, if you play offensive line in high school and you're looking.
Speaker 6: For a college, it's a good spot.
Speaker 3: And same question for you, you know, as people go back and look at your tape and refamiliarize themselves with you, what do you hope to see?
Speaker 5: What do you hope they might be surprised by it? Yeah?
Speaker 29: I think, you know, sometimes I get the you know, not super physical for the level of competition knock. Yeah, I mean, you know, zone fast paced offense, there's not always like a ton of opportunity for you.
Speaker 6: Know, crushing blocks.
Speaker 29: I would say, so, I think if you go back through it, like watch me on Power, watch me on Pin and Bowl counter in the screen game, you're gonna see a physical guy.
Speaker 4: So you know, I know I have that ability.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, I hope teams can.
Speaker 5: See that you can move to Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, So Slater was one of the unanimous kind of guys who made himself money out there and mobile. It's a little bit undersized, but he moves well and can stay in front of people, knows the where to get his head at and shout it out his O line coach. So this line coach also gave us love on Twitter, so shout out to him as well. San Diego State leveling, I mean Sacramento State leveling up? All right, man, So day two the Senior Bowl, how are you feeling so far?
Speaker 4: I'm feeling good.
Speaker 5: This was your boy kill Rogers.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, the offensive structure that we're in and the way I'm able to use my athleticism and our game, in our past game.
Speaker 6: I love the things that we're doing.
Speaker 4: You know, I think that our.
Speaker 13: For a few of my days, we've been together, working with guys like Jonahs able you know, our tackles.
Speaker 6: You know, I like what we've been able to mess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yesterday I noticed you came out right away fired Uh, came out during team You're fired up? Like talk about how that energy kind of helps you on the offensive line and also just you know, as a locker room presidence.
Speaker 13: I mean it's kind of just who I am, you know, like uh, just trying to spread energy and you know, like be positive, be positive in the moment, be uh, you know, engaged in the moment, maximize my moment. So you know, I try to be very intentional on what I do. So you know, I'm gonna use that energy and spread it. But then at the same time, when I get down that stands, I'm thinking about my positioning, which what I'm gonna love, where my hand is gonna go, where my eyes need to be, and so you know, it kind of just keeps me down into who I am and how I'm gonna play the game, and how I want.
Speaker 4: To play the game.
Speaker 3: Anything specific you really want to fix or hone in on, you know, with this last day of.
Speaker 13: Practice to morrow, just making significant contact with my hands. I think my athleticism is uh doing great things for me. And I think once I have my hands really locked in and you know, just being consistent making significant contact, that I'll just be a really dominant player, especially in the.
Speaker 3: It's crazy to me how these office linemen get this far without really knowing how to use their hands.
Speaker 5: Like that's really crazy to me.
Speaker 3: But that was really a consistent that I heard from all of them, was just talking about using their hands, making contact earlier, better more often.
Speaker 2: It's like that's all just punched.
Speaker 3: I mean, like you just need to get in front of a tree and do some passes and just work on knowing your reach in your hands. But I mean it's all very fixable. I mean, I think for Rogers, I think he really showed he has great feet. I think he also showed a lot of versatility. He was kind of playing everywhere too. The biggest thing with these games is like as much as no one wants to say like oh, you know, like hey we don't knock you if you're being quiet, they definitely give you cul those for being loud, like there's not to say that there's no room for quiet kind of you know, methodical leaders in the locker room, because those guys end up being a lot of those guys end up being the best coaches. But I think in an environment like that, where there's a lot of things moving, there's a lot of chaos, there's a lot of uncertainty, having someone with energy like Caleb like.
Speaker 5: That, I think that really pops off.
Speaker 3: And I saw that for the moment he stepped in the field, came out with big energy all throughout the team, he was clopping it up and like something as little as that could be the difference between taking one guy in the fourth round and taking another in the sixth or seven. Like that's that's how in the weeds we are with these sort of things. So that was just one thing I thought that was interesting. All right, moving on.
Speaker 12: It's at USC and just your year on the West Coast, I'll say, my first day there.
Speaker 30: So this was he was, to be honest, I was will come in pretty shyly. I came in and everybody just walking in, and I think I came out in the circle when I was there, just speaking like I really didn't. I really don't talk a lot, so but I was kind of talkative up there, just laughing around.
Speaker 1: They'll see me just laughing around.
Speaker 3: That's crazy because running backs kind of have a stereotype of being really talkative.
Speaker 30: So I'm not been talking to guy, but if I need to, I'm gonna talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so talked about some adversity you had transferring your injury. How does that kind of help you through this process and kind of making that they set.
Speaker 30: I think it helped me a lot, getting different offenses and picking it up quick and coming out and being the person I am performing at the top level. Just helping me from different coaches, learning from different coaches. Every coach got a different culture style, So just being bringing it all in and then bring it all there for my players. Learning from different formations and different different player personnels and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Anything specific you really want to own in tomorrow on the last day of practice.
Speaker 30: Just go out and be the best person I am. Just learn from other players, not even basically all me. I'm just go out there and just learn ful of coaches, learn full of players, see what they see, see see what I see, and give feedback to them and just be a great time.
Speaker 3: All right, Gray, So day two Senior Bowl, how are you feeling?
Speaker 5: This is great?
Speaker 21: A few players, that's game of football. So we gotta get back in the film room and just learn from that and keep going.
Speaker 3: Over the past few seasons, you know your school has had several linemen represented here. What does that mean to you now being kind of the next person in that lineage?
Speaker 21: Yeah, just continue to carry on the tradition that And yes, you guys have down here coming down here competing and improving, being tough and and and getting more knowledgeable at the skill and perfecting the craft down there.
Speaker 3: And I and I'm assuming those are your parents up there.
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: What does that mean for you for you to have them here and watch you do this whole experience?
Speaker 21: Absolutely, it just means the world to have them come down here and watch me and support me.
Speaker 5: And I'm really blessed to have those two in.
Speaker 21: My corner and I'm looking forward to having them watching them play a lot more football.
Speaker 3: And I saw you, you know, take a picture with your f f CS colleague.
Speaker 2: What does it mean just overall, you know, represent the f c S here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 21: Absolutely, I think I think it shows that no matter the level of football, guys can still play ball. And I mean, if you're good enough, they're gonna find you. And uh, David Walker has been doing unbelievable down here. He's he's been shown up and competing every single play and it's fun to watch him too and watch him have success from the f C.
Speaker 3: Obviously you're in the s C double A game. If you get into the manning game to improve.
Speaker 23: On your attributes, oh man, I know they probably give all most rookies like low low low overalls, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, I'll just be grateful just to be in the game.
Speaker 3: I'm not like your speed is your speed is right, or you feel like you should be bad in cub I feel like Cuba.
Speaker 31: Yeah, oh you were talking about CC double A Yeah, oh yeah, definitely didn't improve my speed.
Speaker 5: Yeah what else?
Speaker 3: I feel like my player he gets tired quickly. So they didn't improve anything specific. You're looking to improve tomorrow or show last day of practice.
Speaker 31: Just trying to improve on my you know, it's a new system. It's it's not it's not something that I'm used to that I ran at UCF, So just trying to prove my tracks.
Speaker 26: When when I'm in uh you know behind.
Speaker 31: You know, we do a lot of under center here, so just trying to prove my tracks and also I say pass checking as well, thank you.
Speaker 3: So what's crazy is a lot of these running backs go their whole lives kind of just you know, being the bell cow like carrying the team. And then it's like as you get higher and higher, like that starts to taper off, and that starts becoming an exception and not the rule that these all star games, like these running backs are oftentimes going every other play, so a lot of him we're only getting certain amount of reps. And then some of these running backs like dude out of Michigan, but it's like some of them aren't even going to go and play in the game. So it's like they're really just out there taking rips. Harvey actually got in the game and actually threw a touchdown pass, which was dope. Honestly. When he came in too, he gave them a little bit of a spark as far as running. All week though, I felt like the running backs just overall were collectively pretty solid, and the Virginia Tech running back was driving to people. Both the Michigan's running backs did well running through the tackles. Donovan was killing people on routes all week. Nasty. Yeah, Harvey did good. A couple of the running backst good.
Speaker 5: All right man.
Speaker 3: So I did some research. I saw some websites said you were from Inglewood. Some websites this is Williams watch.
Speaker 32: At the record st I'm from Inglewood, California. Man, Hawthorne was just the average that I use just to go to a certain school.
Speaker 3: But Inglewoods, all right man. So how do you feel being out a long way? How do you feel represented city? I mean I feel great, man.
Speaker 32: You know, not too many people get to do this best of the best, So it's like I come out every day and I'm blessed. I don't take anything for granted. And overall, how would you grade yourself this week? I say probably like a B plus, you know, a minus if I really wanted to feel a little cocky. But I feel like I could have did more and made some more opportunities. But I feel like I took advantage of what I had.
Speaker 3: Anything you're looking to show on Saturday, run at the.
Speaker 32: Catch knowing that I'm a big play anytime you put the ball in my hands and I'm gonna make.
Speaker 5: Something happen, all right, cool?
Speaker 3: Any any local food spots in Inglewood?
Speaker 5: You want to shout out.
Speaker 3: Local food spots?
Speaker 11: You got mister Fries.
Speaker 3: I've never been there. Everyone talks about it. What is it being our burger spot? Burger top spot because they got slow customers service? Yeah, you know it's good my two foodspot. As soon as I touched down a right man ever taking me to mister So, I don't want to hear ship eating mister before.
Speaker 2: I don't think I ever had mister. It's a chain now there's like a couple of them.
Speaker 1: There's the nationwide. Actually you and you had h oh my burger without we too.
Speaker 2: That's crazy multiple times busting Like people say this, you want to talk about how your worst of my toys? Your worst of my toy? His girlfriend?
Speaker 11: Who I'm all right?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 3: So day three, by the way, Williams got smacked in the game. Yeah, I was rood for him, but I mean he had okay, we he's just undersized and he's got to run super fast something like that. Practice overall, how would you grade your week so far?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I've killed the week.
Speaker 11: You know, I think I've had a lot of good reps, one on ones, one.
Speaker 3: On Terrence ferguson game and did a lot of things.
Speaker 4: And I think more than that, just coming out and competing.
Speaker 6: Against the best. I went out there and attacked every day. I feel like I got better each day.
Speaker 3: What do you feel like is your most underrated trait? I said skill.
Speaker 4: I think probably two things. I say my run game.
Speaker 15: You know, I think that's a lot of things people can see that.
Speaker 4: Can improve on it. And I do agree with that that can improve on it.
Speaker 2: But I think it's something that I attack and I'm better than most people think.
Speaker 15: I'll say third, fourth down, big games, I show up the clutch, ability to make big time players and big time moments.
Speaker 4: I think that's something you can't teach and that's something I do.
Speaker 3: And everyone's been talking about, you know, all the kind of organ tize in here. Some people call it an organ reunion. How does it feel to be here, you know with all these organ guys.
Speaker 2: No, it feels so good.
Speaker 15: You know, there's old organ guys like Tyler Shuck who is there when I first got there, and being able to reunite with him, Maliky from LA and then just all of the current ducks we had out here. You know, I think we got the most people and just it shows us the culture of organ you know, Coach Lanning and coach Chris Wall before him even just setting a standard for our program. And it's just coming out.
Speaker 6: Here and you see a bunch of accounts. It's exciting.
Speaker 3: Anything else you want to improve on headed the rest.
Speaker 15: Of the processes, yeah, I think you know, I'm still got a lot to improve on. Obviously, I'd like to get better. We're out running stuff. Also run block your point of attack. That's something I've I've diagnosed as something i can improve on.
Speaker 4: And so you know I'm attacked that day.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you so much better?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: So for a lot of people, someone on your size playing off line, being here at this All Star Game, what does that.
Speaker 1: Mean to you?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: It's just a blessing.
Speaker 33: You know, being here is a blessing because you know, I feel like I uh, you know, I've been working so hard for this moment.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm just thankful.
Speaker 33: I thank God every single day.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm blessed.
Speaker 33: You know, people that's my size that play office a Lona football in general, people that you know have had some adversity in their life. You know, they're inspired by my story, my situation. You know, I'm just blessed to be out here.
Speaker 3: When was the moment for you, like going back across your career, where you thought like, I got to stick with this in spite of whatever else people.
Speaker 33: Say, you know, since high school, you know, I've had people, coaches, I have coaches tell me that, oh you're you're five ten, you know you're underweight, you won't play did this one? So you know, to me, that's just some adversity, And that's just what I That's just my story. You know that I had to, you know, prove myself right and prove them wrong. So you know I've always been doing that. You know, that's just my life, and I'm okay with it.
Speaker 2: Anything that you feel like you've improved this.
Speaker 33: Week, I'll definitely say I got more comfortable playing center. I haven't played center and god knows how long.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: You was playing center a journey and.
Speaker 33: You know, I've had a great time been out here, being out here, you know, playing with the.
Speaker 1: Guys, the great competition out here.
Speaker 3: Anything else you want to improve on or show in the game on Saturday.
Speaker 33: You know, I still got so much work to do, you know, just trying to get better day by day, you know, just taking it one day at a time.
Speaker 3: Best of luck many But yeah, overall, man, as you can see, I'm always gonna take some preference talking to a lineman. But yeah, it was nice to just get out there, just see how people were feeling about the performance they put on and really how they were trying to improve over the week. Because for me, that's really what I'm kind of looking at. It's just how do you deal with the spectacle? Like can you get on a bullshit flight out of Houston or Dallas or Atlanta the middle of nowhere?
Speaker 2: I forgot Charlotte.
Speaker 3: Go to the middle of nowhere and play ball with some guys that you don't know against some guys you don't know like, and how do you react to that? And what's your attitude after that?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 3: That's kind of what I look at for these games overall, though great experience. Media Day was also good. I got to talk to a lot of different players there as well. You can see that content on i G or Twitter. Some highlights there were talking to talking to old Miss linebacker Jared Ivy and also the Michigan Edge.
Speaker 2: What's his name, Stuart.
Speaker 3: Josiah Stewart, Yeah, Josiah Stewart Apparently. I asked them both kind of what are the most annoying things that do lineman do? Stewart was like jumped the count, like especially in the NFL, like it's just getting ridiculous. Instantly thought of Juan Taylor, and then I asked Ivy what he did what d lyman do to piss him off? And he's like trip when they're lost, which I thought was pretty funny as well. Then I asked the UCF, I mean Purdue tackle and booh.
Speaker 5: What d lineman do?
Speaker 3: And he was like, man, I couldn't tell you everything right now in this second because there's so much. But number one, it's bull rushing in one on ones. To be fair, Purdue was terrible this year, so he made himself some money this week. Though terrible though, Let's let's let's let's let's take to the source. How many games did you win?
Speaker 5: Purdue? That's crazy?
Speaker 2: What was the offense?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 3: That's crazy?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe because Jack Sowyer bull rushed him all game? Moving on, so talking about Jack Owyer bull rushed me all game. I'd be pitched to some other interesting questions that I got off where Trevor e Tn I asked him, this was Kenny's question, when was the last time he raced his brother? He was like, I raised him when he was in college and I was in high school. I beat him once and I'm never racing him again. I got my one victory.
Speaker 5: That's all I need.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, who's winning the cone drills? And he was like, you'll have to see. So I have to go back and compare the tape. But ETM was good too.
Speaker 5: Over the week.
Speaker 3: As I mentioned, all the running backs, you are pretty solid. And then another one that I talked to was the Oregon linebacker buta saw converted safety Jeffrey Bossa.
Speaker 5: Bossa, Yeah, Jeffrey Bossa.
Speaker 2: And he came back to college and he talked about how he wanted to be quicker this year. He was already fast.
Speaker 3: One thing, one thing I noticed from him is like the first day of practice, like he was by far the most vocal linebacker, just really commanding the drills, commanding the huddle, making the calls, and I could just see he had that poison leadership. And so I just kind of asked him about that. I was like, hey, man, if I would have told you you be here in this moment right now, like when you were a freshman in high school, would you have believed me? Or would you have been like, would you have believe me and been like, yeah, that's the plan or would you have been like nah, no way? And he was like, no, I would have believed you, because like, I've been taking it this serious since that since then, like since high school, I've been just taking it as far and as focused as I possibly can. And then from there I just kind of asked him a little bit about you know, is that kind of like what makes you such a great leader?
Speaker 5: And of course she agreed with me on that, and.
Speaker 3: Then of course the interesting question I asked Tess Johnson was like because he was one of the few people who still have their headphones on, So I was like, yo, what's on your headphones? And I think he gave me either a little Dirk or a little Baby Song I don't remember. But then I was like, is there anything on there that your teammates like get mad at you for playing? He's like, man, I'm from the South, bro. He's like of course I got country on there, like Luke Bryant blah blah blah. So it's always interesting when you can have players open up about kind of their music taste because you could kind of see the peppers of their personality through that. Like I mean, even Kenny will vowue with some of the things that he has peppered into his Spotify playlist, You'll be like, you listen to this, goddamn right, I do. But that's just the nuances of people, like everyone got to have something on theirs that makes you go, what, what's this? But yeah, So I think that's about it for draft coverage. I mean, I guess we're already pretty close on time, so we can just jump to the rents. You can talk about the trade deadline and all that stuff, and you're in since I know you probably won't to talk about that, nah.
Speaker 2: I just it's just funny how the NBA is really competing with the NFL for ratings because like just kind of wild, and Luca can get traded, Like.
Speaker 1: The whole era of respecting veterans is kind of over.
Speaker 5: Someone.
Speaker 3: No one would dare trade Kobe to the clips. Someone posted it a little mac picture and was like, I'm gonna tell my kids this was Luca Donkin's getting traded, Like people should come back to the Raiders for two more years.
Speaker 2: I'm like, can we not?
Speaker 3: They're like, yeah, no players ever got traded before twenty seven in their prime. And then someone posted a picture of a little Mags.
Speaker 2: And come back. Yeah sick, but yeah if you haven't. I don't even know if it's I think it's like Spanish Temptation Island. I don't know.
Speaker 1: All I know is doing in Montoya. He like got a live dance or some chick.
Speaker 2: So his girl decided to keep revenge by like making out with another chick and then fucking the dude on national television, like and like the editing crew, they're not gonna see heaven, Like, Bro, I send I think I sent you the video already, It's on Twitter. It's it's blown up, It's on everyone's timeline. Like Bro was like about to run into the water and just drown himself. It was the most depressing, heartbreaking shit ever. And then when I realized, aw awesome, it's a Latin love story. Oh yeah, I'm not surprised. It just looks like some shit straight out of the wind, though. I was like, damn, this is dark, and like, bro, she went from like she was riding him. That's the worst part, like that, Like I want to know why. I was the audio so crisp that we can hear them breathing, and it's worse because you canna hear the dude breathing as he's running, and then the girl and the dude breathing while the girl's pretty much fucking riding the Mario Coins out of this dude.
Speaker 3: That's fucking wild.
Speaker 2: Don't ever say that she's riding the fucking mari Coins out of this man. Why the clapping just gets louder and louder, and she's got to get to sc violation off that metaphor that was crazyright bro. I already tweeted it out, so it's all good. I'm just saying, like she should go to jail for that, like that should be on crying. He all he did was gonna lap dance. You fucked the dude on national television and you hopped off of him like nothing happened, ran outside to run to him and be like I'm sorry, I want to go home, and I'm like, hey, bro, I'd rather just be alone. I don't want to get my heart broken like that. I'm gonna kill everybody, Like if you do that to me, I'm killing everyone present. Like the camera in everybody, you know, the camera can live because I need to see like how long it's been going on. It's that's why like those reality shows Bro Tim Taston Island, I'm like, man, I don't see how any relationship survives rally reality TV. The fact that like, honestly, if Bro plays his cars right, he can get like anywhere from like a ten million dollars like one hundred million dollar branding deal if he really, like if he really really squeezes the juice out of this orange. I'm just saying, like she already wrote the Mario, she already she fucking went ghost Rider or what's that? What's it? She went Superman's for VENs On That dude scrowed him and then hopped out the band And then like the crazy part is as they're running passed like he's he ran all the way across the beach just to try to get into the other house and other people are stopping him. Mind you, it's like two naked people in the pool about the smash it was like everybody was about to get it in. It was wild just from like a four minute clip you just watched, like you just every time you rewatch, you're like you see something new, different than new. But this broad ran outside to him and even the host of the show is like, you literally were fucking a dude in four k get away from this man. You are an evil person like and I. And none of it was in English, but it was so like traumatic and the editing was so great. I didn't I could not say anything. I could just play it for you. You know exactly what that heartbreak feels like. And it was wild. And I'm understating that the pete I'm saying in general, like that shit is like if it was on Jerry Springer, You'll probably be the highest grossing episode ever. But yeah, Justice from Montoya Anita is a fucking disgusting, disgusting, disgusting woman. That is nasty work. You didn't even wipe yourself off.
Speaker 3: You wrote that, dude and then ran just everything about.
Speaker 2: It is like disturbing. So yeah that I wasn't even planning to be on social media today and then I saw that shit and like the jokes just get worse and worse, and I'm egging some of the jokes on, so it's like, but yeah, she really got she wrote the Mario fucking coins the Sonic rings out that dude, And I'm just never gonna be the same after seeing something like that, and like the fact that the sound guy has had the sound cue up to her breathing juxtapositioning with his breathing and him screaming and crying her name out, and then the dude who smashed his chick calling him a dwarf. I'm like, bro, yeah, this is that's wild. And lastly, I'm just glad super Bowl's gonna be over after this week and having a little bit of downtime before the draft gets here, because this has been a very draining year college football wise, freelancing wise, twenty twenty four was a successful.
Speaker 1: Year, but it was like a very a very strenuous year, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm just glad season's coming to an end. Honestly, I don't even give a ship who wins the Super Bowl because my team ain't in it. But I really needed to beat the Eagles. I need the Eagles to save America, just one more time you beat the Patriots, you can beat the Chiefs. Just do it one more time.
Speaker 1: And uh, I mean the kid already fucking fell off a light post and died.
Speaker 2: Seventeens last week, he fucking climbed the light post and he fucking died, fell in his head, split his shit open. I mean, like his ship was busted open, but not as much as Anita was busting it open for that dude. That's crazy, Like she didn't have to do my all right, Lucas gotta have some female.
Speaker 3: Nobody cares about one Toya.
Speaker 2: Nah, everybody cares from my toy. It's just because he got fucked over. Like he's kind of a like a he's a soft little bitch, but like nobody deserves that.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Anyways, so Luca got traded this past weekend and all my group chats were going off.
Speaker 5: No one could believe it.
Speaker 3: My old thing with this is twofold.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 3: I don't know how this shit is happening. But that's besides the point two. Laker fans just don't make no goddamn sense, because my only thing with this is yes, in the long term, the Lakers got their star. They got a top five player, they did it at a bargain biting priced only cost him one pick when Fox got traded for more. We'll get to that later, but yeah, so don Kits got to the Lakers.
Speaker 2: My whole thing is.
Speaker 3: Lakers fans just living an internal bubble of narcissism and denial and being delusional because for the past six months I've been hearing nothing about how the Lakers could win. A team could win a championship with Ady and Lebron this year and probably next year. But just in the middle of Saturday night, that whole narrative shifted from yeah, that team wasn't gonna win, and I'm glad we got Luca and now we got Luca to save us for the next five years, which, yeah, hey, it's great.
Speaker 5: Like I said, you got a top five player.
Speaker 3: Cool, that wasn't a Lakers problem though they already had a top five player on Lebron. They already had a top five player, arguably in Anlony Davis. So you ship Davis to Dallas, which Dallas with Kyrie looks like something. They added a wing Martin looked like they could be something immediately. All Anthony Davis has done for the city of La has been a top seven player on both sides of the ball every single year, and oh yeah, he's actually played more games last three years than Luca. But yeah, Luca went to the finals last year and he's got great potential. Not trying to take anything away from him. I love Luca, but again, I just don't understand how Lakers fans continually play both sides of the coin and then just expect nobody to notice. Like, just admit it. You guys are on the blockchain of Dick glazing and you have no other choice but to glaze like. But Lakers fans thinks they're a holier than now. And honestly, the crazy part ISAs have been talking more about the Clippers since this trade happened. Bro, if the Raiders got Miles Gary, the last thing I'm going to talk about is the fucking Chargers. Bro. That's the last thing that's gonna come out of my mouth is, oh, look at the Chargers, Like, Bro, who cares? You got a top five player? Like you should be celebrating. You should be happy about your own situation. Furthermore, the Clippers also made some moves they traded. There's much smaller moves by the way, but they traded Bones Highland and Terrence Man. Finally traded Terrence Man. I don't know how Terrence Man been traded for Bogden big Danovich in some second round picks. Overall said move at a shooter.
Speaker 5: Why not.
Speaker 3: Last week they had already traded Mobamba and somebody else for Patty Mills and e Banks, which I didn't like at the time. But Patty Patty Mills.
Speaker 5: Did go off in the Olympics for no reason.
Speaker 3: He's won the championship with Kawhi, He's been Simmons teammate who I think the Clippers are gonna.
Speaker 2: Try to get on the buyout market, so that move made sense to me.
Speaker 3: But overall, and then they traded KPJ to the Bucks, I think also a salary cap saving move. But I think the biggest thing was what the Clippers did is they didn't blow up their plan. Like this team is clearly still playing for now. They got Kawhi and James Harden, They're gonna try to put competitive ross around them. Norman Powell and Zubac have been like two of the best players nobody's talking about in the league. And then you got those two vets. They're gonna hope something comes out of that. If not, they still have plenty of chips in their pocket. They still have plenty of cap space, and we know Steve Bomber can close deals, so I'm not worried about it. But for some reason, Laker fans are more worried about the Clippers than any Clipper fan I'm talking to, which is fucking wild.
Speaker 5: I digress.
Speaker 3: Darren Fox goes to San Antonio to play with Winby. I don't know what I wanted to go there. San Antonio is not a bigger market. I guess there's less taxes. Maybe he made money that way, but you're not going to get more exposure there. Great, you went and played with Wemby, but I mean, it's not like Sabonis is nobody bro. Like Sabonis literally set the record for double doubles last season with like fifty five in a row. So like, it's not like you didn't have a confident big in Sacramento. But that's where he wanted to go. And oh yeah, I think san Antonio is below Sacramento in the standings. So again, I don't really get it. They got Chris Paul there too already, so who was actually having kind of like a resurgent year and short amount of time. But yeah, I don't get it. Warriors got Jimmy Butler, which I mean, there was only so many places Butler was gonna go that one made sense just because their roster's already old anyway, so might as well throw Jimmy Butler in the mix. See what happens. I wouldn't have given him a sixty million dollar contract extension. That was crazy to me, but hey, San Francisco got it, so why not. But yeah, man, the Warriors are gonna filled out Jimmy Butler and Draymond Green the same roster with Cookie Cutter Steph Curry, which is crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's going to impact the property values in San Francisco somehow, but uh, to be determined. I think that's all the trades. Portland didn't do anything. Oh Brandon Ingram went to the Raptors, which is actually one of the best deals that nobody's really talking about. I mean, I guess because Ingram has been hurt the last two years, but especially this year. But assuming he comes back, I mean, they got him for basically nothing, and so now you got him, Scottie Barnes and RJ. Barrett as kind of like your three you know, wing players build around, which in the East is something at least outside of that.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: Shout out once again to the great State of Alabama for taking care of me, keeping me safe this time. I also wandered off to Mississippi Tescagola, which is you can go one one way to Mississippi and New Orleans and another ways kind of to Florida. So I went the west, got some good barbecue, got some fresh seafood, like literally straight out the value as a fish market.
Speaker 5: That shit was so heat.
Speaker 3: I paid eleven dollars for a pobo and some gumbo like that shit was ridiculous. So shout out to Mississippi as well. And yeah, man, I don't really have much else. Touchdowns and tangents. We're ready for the super Bowl this week. Gonna get our grub on. We're out awesome. Marshall Falcon is new running backs coach like Colorado. Wow, that's kind of a plot twist. Is he not an NFL network anymore?
Speaker 1: He ain't been an NFL networking in a fucking decade, bro, So.
Speaker 3: He hasn't been doing anything he's been he's been.
Speaker 2: Doing miscellaneous stuff, filling.
Speaker 3: In here and there, him on TV or radio somewhere. It's the one off media.
Speaker 2: It's the one off.
Speaker 1: And then Roberd Vera went to go work at cal Berkeley.
Speaker 2: He's alma mater.
Speaker 3: It' stoked, all right. Touch outs at dot com.
Speaker 1: Justin from Monatoya