Speaker 1: This segment right here is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. If you're wondering who makes the best pizza in Dallas Fort Worth, Well, readers of the Dallas Mornny News say it's Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. It's located in Plano Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered five different types of pizza. They've got an amazing local craft beer selection. They've got fantastic pots, pasta and salads and TVs in there. It's a great place to watch sports, but their pizza is legendary. Find out why people say it's the best in all of DFW. It's worth going. There's only one location and it's in Plano Preston and Plano Parkway. So get out there to Andrews's American Pizza Kitchen. But coming up right now, it's time for this.
Speaker 2: What's going on in Dallas?
Speaker 3: For there wasn't new poll out that says that Dallas is the number fourteen best city according New O. Don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't really dive into dpost of board with it.
Speaker 3: Cooper flags here though.
Speaker 2: That's good. Hey what else?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm wondering what's next, Like what is next for the Mavericks for their roster construction? And Mark Stein seems to think that it's D'Angelo Russell, And you know, the Mavericks needs somebody to hold down the point guard position while Kyrie is healing, assuming Kai will miss the first half the season roughly, and then Ki will be back at some point, and they need somebody who can hold it down for Kai while he's out and then when ky returns can just kind of settle back into being a rotational player. There's been some good names thrown out there. I'm not super high on D'Angelo Russell, but it appears to be that that's the direction of the MAVs are looking if what Stein's information is correct, Yeah, I think I'll put it to you like this. I'm not saying Kid is anti D'Angelo Russell. I don't know that at all. Can you would you mind looking up KT what all years? I don't think he spent any time on that Laker team that won in the Bubble, but I can't remember. Now we'll find out real quick man, cause that would have been on that same staff with you know, Jared Dudley was a player. Anthony Davis was a player. He did play with ad I know, yeah, right, he was a Laker. I just don't think it was the championship two to twenty three. Yeah, okay, so it was after the championship here, so Kid would not have been with him. But I do know that Jason Kidd loves Malcolm Brogden because he had him in Milwaukee, and I think he can now Malcolm Brogden is not the scorer and shot creator that D'Angelo Russell is. D'Angelo Russell is also a subpar defensive player. Like he's a bad defensive player. That's not h That's my opinion from just watching him. I've never looked at any defensive metrics, but I just know, like when we've called games and we're playing him, I'm like, target that guy, isolate him, Let's just score a bunch. So uh, But it could be that the Mavericks feels so good about their back line defensively that.
Speaker 2: And they do need scoring.
Speaker 1: And of the news that are being tossed around, he's far and away the best score in terms of he's got Like I've seen him get on heaters and just run you for a quarter. So he can do that and they may look at their roster. You know what he is, He's a much better Jaden Hardy's what he is style of player. He has a much better Jaden Hardy. And so if that's like when you look out there and go, because the idea is you're gonna hold it down until Kyrie.
Speaker 2: Gets that did what he's roll last year basically Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: These names that are out there, none of them are doing it for me, but for five point seven whatever. Yeah, but I would like to see them put together a trade. Go get go get somebody that we're not even talking about, and a more substantial piece. And obviously I know you can't. You have a bunch of money to do that. You can't acquire some guy with huge contract or whatever. But put together Caleb Martin package, put in Jaden Hardy, you know what, throwing a sweetener, whatever you got to do.
Speaker 2: But I don't just want to settle.
Speaker 1: I think this could be really, really special, and so I think they should, you know, because there's times where the offense really struggled and it was a complete disaster. You had guys signing ten day contracts in starting games. It felt like, you know, it was so nuts. Last year, but it did seem like there's times where the offense would bog when Kai was gone. Do you know their best healthy ball handling scorer is right now, probably handling just yeah, just a guy that can handle the ball. It's probably Brandon Williams. Yeah, is he going to be back or uh yeah, Okay, he's under contract.
Speaker 2: I saw Kai Jones is probably gonna come back. Oh I didn't see that. Go life, Let's go yeah, K But yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't they you know, maybe they look at the scoring being such a big deal that that's why.
Speaker 2: They like D'Angelo Russell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I've thought about that too, and it's like, hey man, it fills a need that we have until Kyrie gets back. I'm not worried about I'm not worried about shot creation. Once Kyrie gets back, I'd love to have more. I think by and I think I don't want to heap too much on Cooper Flag right now, but I think by next year, you're not going to be talking about shot creation because he's going to be such a such an amazing hub. He's not going to be a traditional run the offense guy. But dude, Duke was running their offense through him. They took the ball away from their guards and gave it to Cooper Flag. Now it's college, but I'm saying that's where he's.
Speaker 2: Going to be.
Speaker 1: Will he be anything like the Greek freak offensively, No. I think he's more like a Kaoir or Lebron type offense. Oh wow, yeah, you know in terms of like that hype so well, yeah, that type.
Speaker 2: Now, that's probably.
Speaker 1: Not fair to say Lebron because Lebron's one of the greatest, some of the greatest court vision of all times, so that may probably not fair for me to say that. But the way that he handles the ball, the ability to floor it and then pass off the dribble.
Speaker 2: Right, so if he's doubled, he can find the open guy.
Speaker 1: That's why I made those lamar Odom comparisons, Like I was always really comfortable with offense running through lamar Odom, but I didn't think he.
Speaker 2: Was a point guard. But he's going to be that.
Speaker 1: It's just he's not going to be that in his rookie year. He still has to learn the NBA game and NBA spacing and all that. But they're not going to have that problem long term. We're talking about for a shorter period of time. And that's why maybe it is Dangel Russell. I did not watch him play enough last year to really say, no, it needs to be this guy. But I feel like Malcolm Brogden, the Malcolm Brogden that I know, is the best fit. I just don't know if that's the same Malcolm Brogden, because dude, I was not watching Wizards games all right, coming up next in just over three minutes, Man, there is bad news for the liver King. It is not looking good. Who could have seen this coming? Ah,