Speaker 1: Any you know what that music see?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir amos that music say good health to all from rex All.
Speaker 1: The stares with the orange and blue sign. Yes.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand independent rex All druggists at the stores with the orange and blue sign bring you. The amoson Andy Show written by Joe Conley and Bob Moser, featuring Ernestine Wade, Johnny Lee, Amanda Randolph, Corney Anderson, Lillian Randolph, Jeff Alexander's Music Yours, Truie Harlow Wilcox and starring radio's all time favorites Freemon Gosden and Charles Carrell Amos and Andy.
Speaker 1: How do you do, ladies and gentlemen. I'm Freeman Gosden. You know my partner, Charles Carell, and I travel quite a bit and we have shopped in many rex All drug stores for ourselves and for our families. We have never found a rex All druggist who wasn't helpful and friendly, always ready with good advice when we asked it, always ready with the guaranteed rex All products we want. That's why we like to tell our listeners you can always depend on your friendly rex All family druggist. Thank you well.
Speaker 3: The Kingfisher's mother in law is going to Chicago for a two week visit.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 3: Her daughter Sapphire is helping her pack, and the Kingfish is standing by to make sure that nothing happens to interfere with their trip.
Speaker 5: Now, Mama, I put your extra petticoats in here, and your extra cancel in this bag.
Speaker 1: Oh thank your daughter. No, you better take along or extra hairpiece too, Mama. No, Chicago is the window city. If a breeze comes up, your transformation going and go flapping around like a hairy pigeon.
Speaker 6: You know, if I was you, baldy, I wouldn't talk about hair. You got enough forid there for a quartet. Not see here, George Stevens, I'm not gonna have all. That's my taxi. I'm going go by, daughter, take care of yourself. Goodbye, Mama. Now, don't let no man get fresh with you on the train. Don't worry. I'm taking my hat bent along for protection.
Speaker 1: Well, ain't no need for that, Mama. Any managers that would get within harpoon and distance that you was all under lock and key.
Speaker 6: Yourself while I'm going your women back.
Speaker 5: George, it wasn't so nice of you to tease Mama about men. You know, a few years back she met a man at a summer hotel. He was gonna marry her, but at the last minute he turned out to be a fortune hunter. She was so upset she don't even talk to me about it.
Speaker 1: Well, so on to see your room, man, ste old pupos has got out beyond the breakwater now and don huh.
Speaker 6: Well, don't you ever let Mama know I told you.
Speaker 1: No, No, oh, I guess I better get the.
Speaker 6: Dishes done now, and I charge the door.
Speaker 1: Hold this, mokes, don't tell me the old lady has done boomeranged on us. Here answer it, George wair mane. Let me peek out the curtains here. Yeah, oh he's a telegraph boy.
Speaker 4: Well open the door, No, sir.
Speaker 1: I opened the door. He gonna expect the tip. We wait long enough, you'll slide it under the door and go away. Ah oh oh he must have been here before. He's sliding downder there already. Yeah here, Where is I get it? Yeah yet yet?
Speaker 6: Who is it?
Speaker 1: Thought? Well, it's for you so fire?
Speaker 5: Oh oh, George is from Aunt Matilda, Mama's youngest sister.
Speaker 6: Say she's coming to.
Speaker 1: New York for a visit Matilda, which one of Mama's sisters, and.
Speaker 5: She well, she's the only one of the twelve girls that didn't marry. She's on the fat side and was always considered the homeless one in the family.
Speaker 1: Holy Michael, I'd like to get a load of her. He and the homeless one in the family is like being the sourer's bottling the kiss of vinegar. What's he coming up here for anyway?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, she's always been trying to get a husband. Seems like she's been corresponding with a marriage bureau here in New York, and they got some prospects lined up for her, and she's coming up to look them over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd like to see this skied roll Casanovah's that got lined up for her.
Speaker 5: Well, Tilda won't have no trouble, George, cause when Grandpapa died because she was unmarried, he left her twenty thousand dollars in cash.
Speaker 6: She's been saving it for a dowry.
Speaker 1: Mm twenty thousand smackers and she wants a husband. Huh. Well, it's ashamed to let that money get out of the family, says you got a picture of end Matilla ran or.
Speaker 5: Something, just that group picture we has of the whole family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, think i'll board for a little while and take it over to and his rooming house.
Speaker 6: George, what is you up to?
Speaker 1: Well, Van Matilla is in the dowry dumping mood. I might as well get hurt to dump it on a certain big fat vacant lot where I got scavenging privileges. That well, here's and his room. I got this picture here with Aunt Matilda on it. There ain't gonna be too easy to sell end on this gale neither. When it comes to homeliness, she stars stops. Well, Alli gave her leaves off. Maybe I can use the domestic angle on the boy. Come in it's open. Well, good morning, brother, And what are you doing that one? Mending my socks? Here?
Speaker 2: I got seven socks, but only three or four of them is any good? So you see by taking the toe from one and the heel from another, scotch tape them together.
Speaker 1: Here, I come up with one pair and walk in condition. Well, I have no doubt about it. And you know you needs a wife, some sweet gentle creature to add a feminine touch to this miserable hoffle of yours. I does, huh, think of what a wife could do for this place, A little feminine nice. It is a lace door, lay under the cuspador, their flowers in them, o milk bottles on the windowsill, new rat traps under the bed marked his and hers, And.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I guess you could female up this dump without hurting it. Of course I went with a lot of gals, but they were it was all too flighty to join up in holy monotony.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that. Well that's the trouble. And he was always gone for beauty instead of character, for youth instead of maturity. Trouble is, Andy, you was always running around with the coc and seven up crowd. It's time you explored this nuptilating possibilities of the hot water bottle and the sloan linima set.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I suppose sometime if I didn't meet the right kind of a older woman, why I might go for it.
Speaker 1: It wasn't now strange that you should bring up the subject of mine older woman at a time like this. You know, it just so happens, And that I has done heared about a sweet old later today who is just panting to tire herself in twenty thousand dollars up with some nice, young, edible bachelor. Yeah, well I wouldn't up up. Wait a minute, not twenty thousand dollars. What does this gal look like? I won't know what you look like. Huh well, no, Andy, it happens to have a picture of it right sea in my pocket that was taken in the family group. She is the one with the long hair. Yeah, let me see you. Yeah. Oh yeah, he ain't too bad. But why has they got a leash on her? At lease? No, no, Andy, you're looking at the family sheep dog. There. She is that tall one next to the dog there. Oh, you can tell them apart because the dog don't have no ball spotches. Holy mackerel kingfish. That is the homeliest gal I don't ever see. Look at the warts on her there, no, no any But she got twenty thousand dollars and that's pro rider is older around five hundred dollars a watch, you know that? Yeah, say this is beginning to sound better. Oh yeah she got the money. Boy, Yeah, that ain't bad. Okay, it's a deal. Fine, and welcome to the family, my family. Oh yeah, Now I neglected to mention this, But you see this Aunt Matilda. That south Wire is Mama's younger sister. Now when you married her, you and her money is gonna be my uncle Andy. Wait a minute here, Wait a minute.
Speaker 2: I don't want to marry and the no family that's made a correra homeliness.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stick to the young girl. Now, wait a mite, Nda, Besides the twenty thousand dollars, think of the real big advantages of Maranda's gal And with a young pretty girl, you're always gonna be warning about someone stealing away from you. Yeah, you got a point there.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 1: The only one that's gonna take this old mommy away from you is the undertake all. You are good evening.
Speaker 7: This is your rex All Family Druggist, one of the ten thousand independent Druggists who have made the word rex Al part of our own store names. We've done that because we recommend and sell rex All drug products. A good example is in my thirty one rex All's men any purpose antiseptic. When cooler weather begins, my customers ask for am I thirty one to use as a gargle for simple sore throat used full strength. If I thirty one kills germs on contact, yet will not harm delicate membranes of mouth or throat. Im I thirty one is an effective gargle mouthwash, breath deodorant, the multipurpose antiseptic.
Speaker 4: Indeed, yet you get a full.
Speaker 7: Pint at the same price as other brands of smaller quantity, So ask for it. Am I thirty one at rex Al drug stores everywhere.
Speaker 5: Yes, George, as Matilda got in town today, But is you out of your mind? She wouldn't be interested in no man like Andy Brown?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with Andy? He is good looking? And yes, the same sloppy ch arm is Molandreno, George.
Speaker 5: She told the matrimonial bureau that she wanted a steady, reliable man. On top of that, she caught a cold on the way up here, and she's gonna have to stay in the hotel room for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Mmm. So the old folks, you got divirus?
Speaker 4: Huh, yes, George.
Speaker 5: And she wants us to find the doctor for her to give her a checkup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we could get a I know, we could call a doctor.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I find all them books and movies and everything. Women's has always falling in love with the doctor.
Speaker 5: Well, yes, George, I I guess a lot of women does that in real life too.
Speaker 1: Excuse me the honey, I going up. Mmm, women falls in love with the doctor. I think I'll go over to Lodge Hall and spend the next fifteen minutes putting end this through medical school. That's what I gonna do. Well, now you got everything in your head. And here's Matilda's hotel room. Yeah, tell me it is. Do I look like a legitterate doctor, Kingfish? Oh yeah? And with that stethoscope sticking out of your pocket there, and that's quite coold we got from the candy butcher over the Burless Coast. You look like the real thing. Boy, good, I just remember when you were examining Matilda. Don't turn around. She might lose confidence in her physician. If you see his orange christ written on the back of your cool days, well, I'll watch it.
Speaker 2: Well, ring the bell, Kingfish, all right now put it on.
Speaker 1: Good boy, you're a doctor.
Speaker 2: Well, I see the picture, you know, so she shouldn't be too much of a shock to me or anything.
Speaker 1: Well, don't forget Doanna. Sometimes after they takes a picture, they has an artist to retouch the thing you see. Uh? Well, well, and Matilda.
Speaker 2: Why George, come on in old a micro kingfish who retouched her picture?
Speaker 1: Michael Angelo, Get on in there, George.
Speaker 6: I was just resting up here in my bathrobe.
Speaker 4: That's a little under the weather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well so south ire to him, man. And that's why I brought along my friend and physician Dr Brown, the world famous surgeon who was uh he's the one that recovered the the cure for skepto. My see, and you see it.
Speaker 5: Oh, how swilling to meet you, such a distinguished physician, Dr Brown. Oh you look like something I read about in the medical journal.
Speaker 1: Likewise, Oh, I brung along the doctor and tell her to give you a quick culinary examination. You see all that.
Speaker 4: Was sweetie you George.
Speaker 5: And how thrilling to be examined by a big your doctor.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, proceed for examination. Doctor, get your bag over there and take out your stick and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, stick out your tongue and told her and say, ah ah a little fuller, ah.
Speaker 1: A little what do you think, doctor Brown? She's sick all right.
Speaker 2: The last time I've seen the tongue that bad, it was peering at me from behind two pieces of stale rye breadth.
Speaker 1: Now I am Matunda. There's a draft, and you doctor wants to get on with his nomination.
Speaker 6: See, you know I've been coughing so much.
Speaker 4: I think I don't hurt my ribs.
Speaker 1: Ribs. Huh, well, plugging your stuff at school, dad, doctor, and see if you can hear anything, uh through all that blubber. Yeah, let me let me kind of tap around the ribs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, taking either their mature take the kingfish.
Speaker 1: He shows a tickli shoulder gallery.
Speaker 2: I ain't seen nothing trash around like that, says I dropped my goldfish bowl on the kitchen floor.
Speaker 6: Oh I hope.
Speaker 9: I I'm all right, doctor, Because just so I left home, my family doctor took my cardiograph.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well you know them country doctors. They'll yank out anything at the drop of my house.
Speaker 6: Why cardiograph is an instrument. You had to check the.
Speaker 4: Heart, no fooling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, now you will have to rescuse the doctor here and Matilla. You see, doctor Brown here has been working pretty hard. Uh. The record show that yesterday loone he performed thirty two operations.
Speaker 4: Thirty two operations. Oh, why he must be exhausted.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, on the last operation, he was so weak that he had to lay down on the table with the patient operator. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, I think it's just wonderful to have a successful like a doctor like this to give me so much of his time, and he's so handsome and charming too.
Speaker 1: Well, I know the doctor wanna get on with examination, So I tell you what, I'll be running along. I'll see you later. Aunt Matilla, so long, Kingfish, so long. Yeah. And by the way, doctor, you were doing fine so far. But if I was you, i'd play it smart and examining them ribs a couple of more times. Well, let me get on in department share. This yere thing is a mess. Yeah. If that thing work out does the afternoon, it might lead the end there and Mary aunt Matulla, Yeah, and then keep her twenty thousand dollars in the family. Then I get a holder.
Speaker 4: Yuh.
Speaker 1: So home, John Stevens.
Speaker 6: I've been waiting for you. I'm so mad at you. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, now, walk in the house here, and the second I get in, you jump all over me. What's the matter with you?
Speaker 5: What is the idea taking that Andy Brown over and introducing him to. Aunt Matilda's a doctor. She'dn't wit and fell for that big boob.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's what I planned on that way. If she marries Andrew, it'll keep the twenty thousand dollars in the family, George.
Speaker 5: Aunt Matilda ain't got no twenty thousand dollars. She's been spending her money right and left, trying to land.
Speaker 6: A rich husband. The matrimonial Bureau had one lined up for her, mister Hamilton.
Speaker 5: He's a lonely old man and he's worth over two hundred thousand dollars. They've been corresponding, and he was crazy about us. Now you don't wait and run her chances.
Speaker 1: Now, will the mincha? It ain't too late, I saw I will a minute. Look you, I'll tell you what you do now. Now we can get out of this some way. Tell her that I was just fooling or something that and ain't no doctor.
Speaker 6: I'dat already done that, George, but it was too late.
Speaker 5: Aunt Matilda already called up mister Hamilton and told him it was all off. Now he never wants to.
Speaker 6: Send us speak to her again.
Speaker 1: Hold him, Michael, As the glue Worm said, when the nightingale at him up. I was too bright for my own good. I don't know what this is, your exol family druggist. Again.
Speaker 7: Yesterday I had a customer with a familiar problem. It went something like this, I'm.
Speaker 10: Always running out of coal cream or cleansing cream or throat cream. I'm forever buying cream.
Speaker 7: Well, ma'am, I suggest a sensible end to that problem. Andela Fields All Purpose Deep Cream is all complexion creams in one.
Speaker 10: Why what a good idea.
Speaker 1: And very good cream.
Speaker 7: My customers tell me rich deep penetrating, lubricating and cleansing, where you'd need half a dozen creams for the complete complexion care you get with adela Fields All Purpose Deep Cream.
Speaker 10: And what a beautiful golden top jar.
Speaker 7: All of adela Field's cosmetics are in beautiful containers. The lipstick, Colone, skin freshener, face powder, eye kit, and this all Purpose Deep Cream.
Speaker 10: And Delafield's All Purpose Deep Cream. I'll take it very well, ma'am. And remember and Delafield's cosmetics are sold only at Rex all drug Stars.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I'll drop in and see how gung Win Jay Calhoun the way I messed this thing up. Maybe he got some angle for me to get out of that. Uh, how you Calhoun?
Speaker 11: As your buildings a judge a certain king Phiz, I'm going over a letter here?
Speaker 4: How did this sound.
Speaker 11: To you, dear sir, as your opponent.
Speaker 4: In our recent lawsuit? It is my.
Speaker 11: Considered opinion that you are, without a doubt, the most unscrupulous attorney I has ever miss. You come dunking code is ridiculous. Your knowledge of the law is inphinitesimal, and you have the brains.
Speaker 1: Of an ant and the manners of a jack ant. Yours very true, old there smokes.
Speaker 11: Who is your sending that master letter to sending nothing? I got this in the mail this morning.
Speaker 1: Now now now it doesn't Calhoun, I was in a mess here. I done broke up the room mace between my aunt Matilda and a mister Hamilton. Now I find out that mister Hamilton's worth two hundred thousand dollars, Kingfish.
Speaker 11: That is a nasty piece of matrimonial messing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that, But can you think of anything I can do to bring him back together again? I want to be the fella that brings them together. The old fella so mad he said that he never wants to see you again.
Speaker 11: Well, now, if a man thinks a gay might do something desperate on account of unrequited.
Speaker 1: Level, sometime he changes his mind. Yeah. If mister Hamilton things and Aunt Matilda was gonna do something desperate, he might forgive them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll write him a note. Yeah, I'll send him a note signed Aunt Matilda. Yeah. And then uh, I'll get him to come over to the large hall. Then I can work on the old boy sympathy. Oh, thank you a lot, Cally, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know not.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, King Craze.
Speaker 11: I gotta get all these law books back, or you get them off my the death and put her back.
Speaker 1: In the bookcase. Yeah, you sure got a part of them there. Boy.
Speaker 11: Oh man, I had a big kysing coach this week. A woman cloud of mine was suing her husband.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 11: She claimed that her husband was spending his evenings in.
Speaker 1: Some other women's apartment.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well I went into action, m But it took a stack of law books five feet high to.
Speaker 4: Get the goods on that man in the gale.
Speaker 1: Oh you read the books and got the legal ankles.
Speaker 11: Huh heck no, I stood on them and picked over the transfer.
Speaker 1: Well, then there I had lightning delivered the over to mister Hamilton signed. And Matilda. You see, I was sure you're gonna be over here because I hinted around that she was gonna do something desperate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I don't think it's gonna be easy to rekindle the flame of that old boy Kingfish. The fella is ah likely to be too eager for romance.
Speaker 1: Well, don't let them old geezus food in there. There's many a campfire the rangers done thought was out that wound up burning down ten thousand niggas. Well. You put it kind of strong in the letter. Huh. And Aunt Matilda was thinking of doing away with herself. Well, I don't it hinted at several gruesome possibilities. I would see that when he read. When he wait a minute, that that much? Now stop grinning there and they put on a sad feet here, I'll do that.
Speaker 4: Uh, come in, I'm looking for George Stevens.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's me. What can I do for you, sir?
Speaker 12: Well, this note was delivered to me from your aunt Matilda.
Speaker 1: My aunt Matilda. Huh uh? What did the poor deal have to see?
Speaker 4: Well, here you are for yourself.
Speaker 1: Say here, mister Frederick Hamilton, New York, New York. Dear murderer, By the time this letter reaches your cruel and heartless hand, I may be stiff, cold, deceased, and otherwise unsuitable for rooman farewell, thoughtless heartbreaker, Yours, sincerely, the King's less heartbroken old hand. Matilda ps keep smiling.
Speaker 4: Well naturally, I was terribly upset.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a sad letter, all right, even I'm afraid of just goes to confirm my suspicion about the old Anny.
Speaker 4: Do you really feel that she's done away with herself?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, we feel the old gal done kick their own bucket.
Speaker 4: Do you have any proof of that?
Speaker 1: Proof? Well now inconclusive. But this morning we found that Matilda's umbrella on top of the Empire State Building, hanging over the railing and no stores below was a size fifty two hole in the sidewalk.
Speaker 4: Do you think it was her?
Speaker 2: Well, we wasn't sure, but just to be on the safe side, we had the local congregation like go over there and hollow ah, sweet mystery of life down the subway Graaton.
Speaker 12: Oh dear, this is terrible, poor Matilda. Why I was so heartless to her? Why I'd do anything to get her back.
Speaker 1: Now you would hunt. Well, now, come to think of it, you know, I don't believe that was Aunt Matilda's umbrella on top of the building. Airs all thinking it over, I don't believe it was an umbrella at all. It was just a tall, thin tourist looking over the wall.
Speaker 2: Come to think about it, I don't think that was really no size fifty two hole on the sidewalk either. No, I think that was just a couple of fellows down there working on the pipes.
Speaker 4: Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Well when the ladies of the congregation hollowed their number down there, they got a pretty nasty baritone echo from the manhole.
Speaker 4: Oh if it were only true.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll tell you what, mister Hamilton. If you drop by the apartment tonight, I think I might have some good news for you.
Speaker 12: Oh how wonderful, And Matilda and I will be happy together again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'll tell you if I was you, I wouldn't take the old gal on the tall building until she gets over jumping jitters. You see that course, So the kingfishes Aunt Matilda and mister Hamilton doesn't reconcile.
Speaker 2: Huh, yeah, you must say it's all happy now. They're going ahead with the wedding and everything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I just hope this mister Hamilton is all right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, don't worry about that boy. He's got over two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a break for the Kingfisher, getting a rich man like that in the family. I guess they're gonna have a big wedding.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 2: Oh, sure, everybody's invited. The mom in law's coming back from Chicago. And you know something, at the wedding, Me and the Kingfish is gonna be mister Hamilton's best man.
Speaker 1: The two of you are gonna be his best man. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The King Fish figures that if the old boy gets cold feats going up the aisle, the two of us will be able to line buck him up to the order.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, Matilda, it's wonderful us all having this little dinner up here at the apartment to celebrate your engagement.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: I'll be the happiest woman in the world at my wedding depart Yeah.
Speaker 1: How about you, mister Hamilton. You all ready to sniff the orange blossoms?
Speaker 12: Oh yes, I'm very happy to have mine, Matilda bag.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I tell you she's a wonderful.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Somebody at the door. I'll get it. Folks. Oh, Mama, you was back from Chicago. Well, Mama, I did it. I has done.
Speaker 8: Got your sister a rich husband.
Speaker 6: Yes, that alone.
Speaker 9: When I got sadars, why I rushed right back here to meet my sister's face.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, come on in, mama, dear, we're all in the dining room.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad you here, and I want you to meet the man I'm married tomorrow. Well, har that you do.
Speaker 1: I'm so.
Speaker 9: Why it's Frederick Hamilton, that dead be jisn't me fifty years ago?
Speaker 1: Love me? No, no, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: This is Harlow Wilcox with a word that can be important to your health, your popularity, your success on the job. The word is Plenomens, the famous rex Al multivitamins one of the best balanced formulas money can buy. Plennemens spelled P L E N A M I n S are the tiny, easy to swallow capsules that give you ten vitamins plus three important extras iron liver conson straight and red vitamin B twelve. Plenemens are the vitamins that give you more than the minimum daily requirement of all vitamins with known minimums. So don't say vitamins, say plenimens. The rex Al multivitamins sold on rex Al's money back guarantee at rex All drug stores everywhere, the stores with the orange and blue sign. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, rely on your rex Al family druggists. And when you visit him, would you be kind enough to say that Amos Nandy sent you, thank you.
Speaker 1: And good night.
Speaker 10: See you Next Sunday, Young women tag after men who use stags.
Speaker 3: Stag brushless shave cream, no fuss, no rubbin, just move it on for a quicker, closer, cleaner shave that lasts the whole day through wives.
Speaker 10: Never nag at men who use stag.
Speaker 3: Be sure to be with us at the same time next Sunday, when your rex Hall druggist will again present the Emerson Andy Show, directed by Cliff Howel. Stay tuned for the Bing Crosby program, which follows immediately over most of these same stations. This is the CBS Radio Network.