Speaker 1: Amos. This seems like Sunday.
Speaker 2: Well it is Sunday.
Speaker 3: You see, Andy, we is on the radio now every Sunday on CBS for Rinso.
Speaker 4: That's right, Renso New Renso with Solium the Scientific sunlight Ingredient brings you the AMers Andy Show. Yes, Sir, Lema Brothers Company, the makers of Rinso brings you a pull half hour of entertainment with Luluvin, Eddie Green, Ernestine Wayne, the Jubelairs, Jeff Alexander's Orchestra and Chorus, and radio's all time favorites AMers and Andy. Today the Kingfish and his wife's sapphire decided to take a stroll through the park and at the moment we find them walking along one of the paths, enjoying the beauties of mother.
Speaker 5: Nature aided wonderful walking in the park together a joy. Yeah, uhuh, sayt's look at that romantic young fellow over there on the bench with his girl friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you pretty are anything.
Speaker 5: Look he's got his arm around and he's kissing her John. He's just looking at that. Don't it make you wanna do the same thing?
Speaker 3: I'll say it, but if I did the fella. Love of the punch me in the nose.
Speaker 5: Jo, I'm talking about us. Oh you know you ain't never been romantic in your whole lot.
Speaker 2: Oh what is you talking about? I remember when we took our honeymoon up Niagara Fall. There was a park up there, and we had our own special bench on lover's land, but practically didn't live there.
Speaker 5: We did live there. You was too cheap to get a hotel room.
Speaker 2: Let's not argue, honey, Come on, let's get on home.
Speaker 3: My features, getting cold, the newspap in the bottom of my shoes, hopping up, the water in my feet, getting.
Speaker 2: George.
Speaker 5: You ought to complaining cause walking in the park is the only entertainment I ever get. You never have no money to do, nothing like taking me to dinner, to the movies, or nothing else.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go, harping about money again. I'm serious, All right, All right, low.
Speaker 3: Listen, honey, you really want to go out to dinner tonight? Sure don't care if that's what you want, Me and you will have dinner out tonight.
Speaker 5: Oh Josh, that's one.
Speaker 1: All up.
Speaker 2: Your sister over in Brooklyn. Tell her to expect us like I say.
Speaker 3: Henry and me and SphI had a nice day, and the Paul gets up to the time she started hollering me about the money. Married life ain't all sal and good, you know, yes, right.
Speaker 6: That's the same way at my house, Kingfish. As a matter of fact, the only man I know who's married life is at all seering is our friend Amate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right. By the way, Henry, you have a news about Emerson Ruben.
Speaker 6: Oh, yes, I did, King Fish sometime in the next few weeks to expect another blessed adventure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard about that. Well, you know, Henry Sapphire really been jumping on me. I sure wish I knew that I could get some money, but you know, and.
Speaker 6: They got a very lucky financial break the other day, and luckily he's give him an old eighteen seven sept nickel. It's got a big five on the front of it with a shield on the back of it.
Speaker 3: Hmm, eighteen seventy seven nickel. I don't think I ever seed one like that.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a very rare coin. And he took it down to a dealer. He said it was worth two hundred and fifty dollars. Well, anyway, Andy's decided to keep it as ace in the hole case.
Speaker 1: He haven't need any money dollars.
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking, and he might lose that coin out of his pocket as his dear friend. Maybe I our to get it away from him and sell it who.
Speaker 2: Him being the owner.
Speaker 3: I'd give him his legitimate cut a fifty percent of the thing, you know.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, well, I don't know. It ain't gonna be easy getting away from him. And he keeps the coin in a little purse in his pants pocket.
Speaker 3: He does, uh, well, and dead kids. I gotta think of some way to get a hold of and his pants.
Speaker 6: Well, that oppened to be so hard for you, King Fish, after all that you took the shirt off his back many times. It's only a short jump to his pants.
Speaker 3: Well, the only way I can figure to get in his pants off so I can get that corners by telling him might don't open up a physical culture school and I get him to sign up for the court.
Speaker 2: Well, here's feet's clopping down the hall.
Speaker 6: Now, Oh I there, Kingfish? Uh come in and they come in say what is that sign you got on the door?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: George Stevens Physical culture School.
Speaker 3: Oh didn't you know Andy Hires back of the old profession?
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, king fridge. Where did you ever learn anything about physical culture?
Speaker 2: Where did I.
Speaker 3: Learn at the famous United States Physical Culture Institute?
Speaker 1: Where's that?
Speaker 2: Oh? Muscle showls? What doing creature too?
Speaker 3: And the I just look at that picture down on the wall and one of my star pupils there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he got quite.
Speaker 3: A psike all right in he h Well, landa one week could go that fellow walk, didn't you? He was eighty six pound Weekland, he was that skinny skinny. I give him a pair of Jim drunks. He had to hold him up with Scotch tape. He couldn't get a grip on nothing matters.
Speaker 1: Well, you you mean he was that way one week ago?
Speaker 2: That's right? And look at them muscles he got there.
Speaker 3: Now he got biceps, triceeps, full SIPs, he got steps all.
Speaker 2: Over his body.
Speaker 6: Look at it he show steps up all right. Well, I guess that physical culture stuff was all right for them. Skinny guys with a big husky fellow like me don't need none of that.
Speaker 3: Well, I wouldn't be too sure, brother. Let's see what kind of shape you in. Let me see you.
Speaker 1: Bend over there and touch your toes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I made my kneecaps.
Speaker 1: Do that come for anything?
Speaker 2: Look? Yeah, Brotherna, let's faith. In fact, the reason you can't.
Speaker 3: Touch your tools is because you is what they calls and physical culture circles A corpulent specimen were the old beest characteristics?
Speaker 1: What did that mean?
Speaker 2: A fat pig?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I was getting on the flabber side. You think you can do anything for.
Speaker 3: Me, King Fitch, Well, I don't know. Anna, let me see what I gotta work with you. Let me get my tape measure here, take a few measurements. Yeah, see how I stack up?
Speaker 2: We can't stand still, Danna. Let me get my tape measure around you. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Mm, stomach fifty six, just thirty. It's shoulders eight ten, head six probably got a nice taper to it, Diana. You know, if you had a stem on the top of your head, you look just like an avocata, the closest thing.
Speaker 2: Out and see it to a pyramid in a long time. Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, why is that bad? Maybe I better get in there and take one of them courses.
Speaker 2: I'll say you better and glad to have you the pupil.
Speaker 3: Now, the main principle of physical culture is tune up the nervous system, rejuvenate the muscle tone, and show them the reflexes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that sounds good. Now, what is the first thing I gotta do? Take off your pants?
Speaker 1: Take off my pants? Is I supposed to put on anything else?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Usually we hand the gym pants, you know, but long underwear boys don't need them.
Speaker 2: That's it now, Now just hand me your pants here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here you is.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's quite all idea. You got there and there. Keep the breezes off your legs. You done sold your socks right to your long underwear engine. Yeah, all right, now I had it out for the first exercise. Turn around and face the wall. Okay, Now I gonna give you some eye exercises while your strengthen the muscles.
Speaker 1: Of your eyelids.
Speaker 3: And now when I count one, and once you close your eyes. Then when I said two, while you can open them again.
Speaker 6: I never knowed you had to take off your pants to do eye exercise.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's beginning. You're ready? Yeah? All right? One? Uh, there's the coin right here. Uh.
Speaker 3: Two, Well, I'll bet you few a lot better now, don't you have them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I guess So what happens now?
Speaker 3: Well, now, we don't want to overdo it on the first day, So that'll be all of the supervised training from now on.
Speaker 2: Is what we call the free play period. I going out now.
Speaker 3: You can jump around here all you want to, Just go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but ware cake Fish, ain't you're gonna have me to do the lifting.
Speaker 2: Or you don't have to end. I don't done all the lifting. It needs to be done.
Speaker 3: Hey, Henry, what is you doing in the drug store here?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Just dropped in for a cup of coffee, King Fish, what about you? Oh?
Speaker 3: I got to make a telephone call here in the drug store, Henry. You was right, you know, I got that nickel away from Andy and the dealer, and i'n already off him at two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Dollars for I told you it was valuable.
Speaker 2: King. Oh, I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: I gonna call the dealer now, tell him to I'm gonna take his offer.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, there's the phone booth right over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pardon me, Henry, Oh boy, this is really my lucky dead.
Speaker 2: Holding mackerel.
Speaker 3: I don't put in his nickel in the telephone.
Speaker 2: Listen to the sound.
Speaker 3: Of the terrier making that skin drill.
Speaker 7: R A carrier is a railroad man who can drill a rock like.
Speaker 2: No man can. Carriers drill.
Speaker 7: Now every morning at seven o twenty harriers the workings of the rocks. The boss comes along and he says, keep still and come down heavy on the cast and drill until the carriers drill.
Speaker 1: Carriers, well, the work all day for a little bit by tom behind your railway, until the terriers drilled, and last and plass. And the boss of the fine.
Speaker 7: Man down to the ground, and he married a lady six feet around, good brand.
Speaker 2: But you beg that is heavier the bucket of lead. So till the carriers drill. Carriers little work all day for a little bit.
Speaker 7: By tom behind me your railway, until the arriers drilled, and.
Speaker 2: Plast and plass, And fine.
Speaker 1: Man was I driving man?
Speaker 2: My gosh, you was the flame mean man. Last week a bed big class went off up there went to Jim.
Speaker 7: Yes, when the next penda came around him, cup a dollar shot was found.
Speaker 2: When the cat went.
Speaker 1: Bong, came this reply, your dup for the time you was up in the sky.
Speaker 3: All day for a little bit of bed.
Speaker 4: You know, people say to me you're a quiet, unexcitable fellow, and I'm inclined to agree. I'll say this about myself, though, when it comes to rinso, nobody possibly could be more enthusiastic.
Speaker 2: Than I am.
Speaker 4: That new Rinso with solium does the most amazing thing I ever heard of. Why, even on rainy days, even if clothes must be dried indoors, Rinso with solium puts sunshine in your wash.
Speaker 2: That's a fact.
Speaker 4: White clothes turn out not just whiter, but whiter than new, and washable color is not just brighter, but actually brighter than brand new. My wife is just as enthusiastic as I am, because she sees those wonderful things happen in every rinso wash. New Rinso, the rinso you get at the store today contains the scientific sunlight ingredient solium. Rinso is so safe for clothes and so easy on hands. My wife wouldn't think of using any soap except Rinso, And once you've tried it, I think you.
Speaker 1: Will say so too.
Speaker 4: Today more women use Rinso than any other wash day soap in the world. Only new Rinso contains sold him.
Speaker 1: And now back to Amo Samami.
Speaker 3: Surely I come down here to the barber shop to see your cross eyes in trouble. I don't put a rare nickel worth two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: In the phone booth at the drug store, and I don't know what to do.
Speaker 8: Well, what King's fix the king to do is very obvious. You gotta rush down and get the math. You gotta hurt and get a police wi. You gotta manage, you gotta take it, you get you go. That's the answer right there.
Speaker 3: What a mess to put a nickel that's worth a fortune in a telephone box. Look, shorty, I gotta figure some way to get.
Speaker 2: That nickel back. Now, try and help me. You got brands?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, guy, I can't.
Speaker 8: You know you could pile open the telephone box and not nothing get it out?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I guess that's the only.
Speaker 8: Way, because you might get get yourself in the trouble that way.
Speaker 2: Too, though. Yeah, well there's gonna be trouble. L Lah. I better not get in and uh yeah, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: I'll get in there as a pardon in the same Yeah, that's what I'll do.
Speaker 1: I'll get into Yeah, I'll.
Speaker 3: Get in there and I'll get him to open the box hisself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was his nickel. He he he ought to help you. Yeah. See, I never would have.
Speaker 3: Put the nickel in there if I hadn't got excited and lost my head.
Speaker 8: Oh sory the way when you get excited, King, please, it's very easy to lose your head. I remember once I I was.
Speaker 1: I was at a.
Speaker 8: Party once and we was roasting my smalls and it was a cold night, and we was all snuggled up to the fireside, and all of a sudden a dalle commissioned into the rooms and she yet fire fire like that. I'm ashamed the sainting for you. Everyone in the room kept calm, ecept me. Oh, I lost my head completely.
Speaker 2: Well why did you lose your head?
Speaker 1: I I was the one that was on fire.
Speaker 2: Well, now listen and they calmed down.
Speaker 1: Will you please, amos? I as mad as a hornet.
Speaker 6: I ha done lost that rare nickel worth two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Well, now I think hard, And when did you last remember having the thing?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: I remember I had my pants pocket when I walked into Kingfisher's office this morning.
Speaker 3: Oh the Kingfie huh.
Speaker 6: He told me a physical culture course and he told me to take my pants.
Speaker 1: Off, and your pants had the nickel in the pocket.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the Kingfish was nice enough to hold my pants for me so they wouldn't get dusty.
Speaker 1: Oh, go on going. Well.
Speaker 6: He told me to close my eyes to exercise of the lips, and one opened my eyes. He throwed my pants at me, told me to keep jumping up and down the office, and then he left. So I put on my pants and jumped up and down for a while, and then I left.
Speaker 2: And I tell you nothing to it.
Speaker 1: Can't you figure out what happened to your nickel? Oh? Yeah, now I know what. Don't happened to that coin?
Speaker 2: Oh you do? Huh?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It fell out of my forcket while I was jumping up and down.
Speaker 3: No, no, And that the Kingfish took it out of your pants while.
Speaker 2: You had your eyes shut.
Speaker 1: Oh, he wouldn't have done, he wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Uh. Uh.
Speaker 1: Way I get my hands on him, I'm gonna tear him apart.
Speaker 2: Well, you ain't gonna have to wait long here.
Speaker 3: Come down the hall now, I'm getting out here before the fireworks start.
Speaker 6: Goodbye, and it so long, Amer, I can't fish see you later. Kingfish, come in here. I'm gonna bust you right in the head.
Speaker 2: You know what and I take it? You and I take it? Is I know just what you worried both?
Speaker 1: Well, why didn't you take that five cent feet?
Speaker 2: Well, to save you money?
Speaker 3: There's a law coming out next weekend that you can't.
Speaker 2: Sell the whole coins no more.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I was gonna sell it for two hundred and fifty dollars before they pass the.
Speaker 3: New law and give half the money to you. That's one hundred and twenty five dollars more than you the head.
Speaker 1: Oh well, why didn't you say that? Well? Did you sell it?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 2: Now, and that's what it goes playing to you.
Speaker 3: Now, First, all me and yousing partisan this thing. So if I get you one hundred and twenty five dollars for your half, you sign a paper to that effect, won't you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Sure?
Speaker 2: Then I got some bad news for you.
Speaker 3: What's that your nickelas in the payphone down at the drug store? Now, how soon do you think that you can pry off the phone off the wall.
Speaker 6: And get your Nickelaus? Well, I could try that off the walls. I could uh uh hold it, hold it?
Speaker 2: Hold it?
Speaker 1: A miniature?
Speaker 6: When can I do it? I is a noun and that's wrong. You want to use the proverb.
Speaker 2: You Yeah, well that's what I say. When can you do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I guess you're right. Yeah, ain't nothing to do it there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you as the illogical one to do the job.
Speaker 3: And and you see, according to the law, you is the owner of the coin, and you got what it's called in the legal terms, prior rights. Oh yeah, so having prior rights is up to you to do the prime you see.
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hard they got you now now you you just or you got to do going there and get the phone off the wall, open the thing up, take your old coin out and replace it with another Nickeluse.
Speaker 6: You ain't stealing nothing to see. Yeah, well that's the way these things work. Okay, But suppose somebody catches me while I was in that phone.
Speaker 3: Booth there, Well, then there you being one of the coin joe legal right, ome up to the box there and get it back. You've got what they call legal Jewish prudence, that's what you got.
Speaker 1: Well that puts a different light on the thing.
Speaker 6: But us and Kingfish, you still gotta go with me because I don't want to wind up on this thing being no scrapegoat. Oh, you ain't gonna be no good, no, no, Well I'm working in there on the box. You got to stand outside the phone booth and keep guard, okay, and.
Speaker 3: Then look here, you run home, get a bunch of tools. Tell you what, get a get a get a hammer, and then get one of them chiseled. You get behind there, get a bunch of tools. I'll see you down the drugstol. Now, if anybody asks us, then the questions, we'll just tell them we just telephone to pay them in and the phone got a short circuit.
Speaker 6: Short circuit, Yeah, we'll tell them it come down to lengthen the thing.
Speaker 1: Hello, that got time to fix me a coke?
Speaker 2: Call him?
Speaker 10: Sure, frank shitwah, Hey what are you doing without your police uniform today?
Speaker 1: That's my day off, man.
Speaker 6: I gotta call police headquarters now and see what's cooking for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I'll go back and use your phone.
Speaker 10: Oh there's a couple of fellows using the booth right now.
Speaker 6: Well, as soon as I finished the coke, I'll go on back and hurry him up.
Speaker 1: How is it coming in the booth there? And I'm doing all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the stuff and a telephone right off the wall there. Uh wait a minute, and is a fellow walking over here from the soda fountain. Uh close the door and keep working men things. The private phone off the water. You know, don't worry about this fella that's coming over.
Speaker 2: I'll handle him. O doo doo doo doo. Nice day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, somebody using the phone in there?
Speaker 3: Uh yes, so ya, sir, I got a long winded friend in there that's making a couple of calls. Uh send the noise of dialing there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know that friend of mine loved being there a long time. But you wanna go over the corner there, sit down and wait for him over there somewhere.
Speaker 6: No, no, I'll wait here. I was just gonna call headquarters.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so that's a nice place. Uh that's a good uh. Uh what is that?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: Last thing you said a uh uh.
Speaker 1: Called where headquarters?
Speaker 3: Excuse me for a protrude Muslim. H Uh you say you're calling a headquarter? Uh you talking about political headquarters Democrats and Republicans them people?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, police, Uh, police headquarters. I'm a policeman. M Uh you'll see. Uh kingfish, let me have the big hammer. I can't get this money box over. Why don't you say, stranger, Wait a minute, I see what's going on here. You two fellas are breaking into that coin box. I'll stand right where you are. Hey, doc, Doc, crawl a wagon quick, Wait a minute, Missa. You can't rest me, can't fish? Tell him much you told me?
Speaker 2: Tell him?
Speaker 6: I got juicy prudence over everything.
Speaker 4: Well, Andy's in trouble is time for sure. You know women's work, the old saying goes is never done week in and week out. Clothes and household linen must be washed clean and fresh, and smart women always use rinso. Oh here's exactly why I say that new Rinso with solium does a much better job. New rinso gets white things, not just whiter, whiter than new gay Washable colors too, turn out not just brighter, but brighter than brand new rinsol with solium, the new scientific sunlight ingredient puts sunshine in your wash, even if that wash is dried indoors. Rinsol wash clothes have a brilliance never known before the Libre laboratories discovered solium. Next wash day, I think you'd better try rinso, the only salt that contains solium, and I know you'll stick to rinso for good. And now back to Amos and Andy.
Speaker 6: This show is a messking face, and I'm throwing us in jail here like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and think of the disgrest being here being arrested, and the drug store and dragged out into patrol.
Speaker 2: Wagon with all their people watching.
Speaker 3: And the worst thing was when they handcuffed our hands behind our backs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the part I didn't like. When the wagon pulled away, I wasn't able to wave goodbye to none of my friends.
Speaker 2: Oh this is lawful man.
Speaker 3: And on top of everything else, we never did get that fire cent piece back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, we wouldn't be in here in the first place if you hadn't tried to jump me out of that rare nickel.
Speaker 3: Oh never mind that, now the thing is lost now anyway, the man things for us to get out of this jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think they're gonna let us out?
Speaker 2: Well, sitting here a quiet like this ain't gonna help nothing.
Speaker 3: Remember the old saying Annie, the weird that squeeze the ladders, the one that gonna slap the grease on you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, that's right. Hey, what you're gonna do watch me here.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jaela, Hey, Jaela, Jaeler, jailer, come here?
Speaker 2: Where is your listen?
Speaker 1: Buddy?
Speaker 9: What's the idea? You want somebody to punch you in the nose? Do I want somebody to.
Speaker 2: Punch me in the nose?
Speaker 1: Ha?
Speaker 2: Ha?
Speaker 1: No, sir?
Speaker 9: Well there, yes, by the way, noisy, there's a lawyer out here, but the name of Stonewaller wants to see you.
Speaker 1: What'd your majesty care to have him my shit in?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, yeah, yeah, yah, So you might send the guy with the patches on his overcoat.
Speaker 1: Then this is a nice poor light jail.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, here comes stone Wall. Now, oh stone Wall. We're sure glad you're here. Boy ah boy, I see it. I solved the housing problem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, we glad you're here. A stone Wall. You gotta help us, you know.
Speaker 11: That, don't Why fella, you know they're all saying it said when Stonewall is Yeah, the Cline's.
Speaker 2: In the club. Oh that's good. Now look at you see stone Wall.
Speaker 3: Or they don't throw us in jail here, but we are completely innocent.
Speaker 2: Innocent.
Speaker 1: Well, now that might slow me down a little.
Speaker 2: I ain't never had a client it was innocent before.
Speaker 6: And well, listen, stone Wall, our case is coming up in the night court tonight.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: I go over there with you.
Speaker 11: You explain it to me on the way over, and when the kids come up.
Speaker 1: I'll be there fighting for your right on my toe.
Speaker 2: Oh stone War you was really a dynamic lawyer. Oh man.
Speaker 12: Yeah, George Stevens and Andrew Brown, I have just read the charges against you two men.
Speaker 10: There's a lawyer for the defense of anything to say.
Speaker 2: Hey, yes, Johanna, Yeah, I like that. I'll plea if not guilty for these two crooks. On what grounds?
Speaker 1: May I ask?
Speaker 10: These men were caught trying to break open a telephone coin box and the presence of a witness who was also a police officer for this city.
Speaker 11: Well, yes, but got unlearned the lesson. They are never gonna break over nothing.
Speaker 2: In front of a cop no more.
Speaker 6: Your honor is the arresting officer. May I say something at this point? Yes, officer, what is it your runner? When these men were arrested, they made a statement they were not trying to rob the telephone, but trying to recover a rare coin that they previously dropped in the phone by mistake now, so not.
Speaker 2: As right as Johanna.
Speaker 3: We view just gonna take that one coin out and put a nickel into place over it.
Speaker 6: Hey, your honor, we brought the tail the pony in the headquarters and check the coin box for evidence. We did find this eighteen seventy five cent piece that they spoke about.
Speaker 1: It seems that these men were telling the truth all the time.
Speaker 10: I see, well, in view of these facts, I am going to dismiss this case.
Speaker 2: But I'm warning you too.
Speaker 10: If I either one of you ever tamper with a coin box again, it'll go pretty hard with you. I'll go on back to jail, get your clothes, and I'll have your release papers so you can get out tomorrow morning at nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: He's dismissed. Here Brown, here's a nickel. Oh, thank you allicer, thank you, thank us, to thank us.
Speaker 2: Okay, well it's doing more. Thanks for coming down with us. Oh that's all right, boy.
Speaker 11: But you know there's just one thing about this kid, much that if that cop had nope, miss big mof, I could have got you off with ninety days.
Speaker 9: All right, you two guys, jud sent over your release papers. You can go now you got all your stuff?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so yes, and you got the nickel engine.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I gotta write my pocket shair.
Speaker 2: Uh say almossa.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: You got a telephone we can use?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a telephone right down there by the front door. Wait a minute, Kingfish, what do we want with a telephone?
Speaker 1: Oh listen, man, I take this piece of paper here.
Speaker 3: Now here is the name and telephone number of the dealer that'll give us two hundred and fifty dollars for the nickel you got. Now called him up Seev's there and tell him that were coming over right now, because I won't get my hair with that money, you know.
Speaker 6: But now wait a minute, yare Why is I got to give you half of this money?
Speaker 3: Because I was smart enough to make that kind of deal with you, and if you were stupid enough to let me make that kind of deal, and now smart you gotta live up to it. Now there's a telephone, the go ahead and call the man. Oh me, well yeah, I got it.
Speaker 6: Uh, oh, Kingfish, what's the matter. I don't put the rare nickel in the telephone.
Speaker 1: You don't put the rare nickel in the telephone? Well, yeah, got me.
Speaker 2: So nervous.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think why.
Speaker 3: You're stupid from how in the world could you do a crazy thing like that? You heard what the judge say about tamping with your phone boxes and the brown As long as you live, I never won't have nothing to do with you again. I never want you to speak to me again. Goodbye, you big dummy.
Speaker 7: What number did you dial?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: Eldorado old six three five two. I'm sorry there is no such number. I know they ain't. Would you please return my nicolas?
Speaker 2: Think of food them that time?
Speaker 1: Man hand.
Speaker 3: Did you know that Doug Gilmore has got some big news tonight?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What kind of news?
Speaker 3: Well, the famous Pepstan Lever Laboratories or bringing out a new product of interest that every woman.
Speaker 1: Everywhere tell them buddy mus Gilmore.
Speaker 4: Ladies, it's exciting news. You can take the guest work out of home permanent waving. Now the famous Pepsident Lever Laboratories proudly present Rave, the new improved home permanent that eliminates guesswork. With Rave, and only with Rave, you get the easy to use dial a wave chart your guide to the one right wave for your kind of hair.
Speaker 1: You will find a Rave wave is.
Speaker 4: Gentler, easier, up to twice as fast as old type home permanence. A Rave wave is long lasting, yet softer, more natural looking from the very first day. Make your next permanent a personalized Rave Home Permanent. It has been granted the Good Housekeeping Seal and has been accepted for advertising in the journals of the American Medical Association. A complete Rave kit is only two dollars Rave Refield Kit one dollar at all Dragon Cosmetic counters. Both kits contain the exclusive dial a Wave chart. Rave goes on sale for the first time tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Good night, folks, See you next Sunday.
Speaker 2: Be sure listener to.
Speaker 4: The Amos Landy Show at the same time next Sunday.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned in Novel Stay tuned in for Life with Luigi, which follows immediately over many of these stations.
Speaker 1: This is CBS, the Columbia Broadcasting System.