Speaker 1: It's nice eyes unelling Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about you, folks, but I really enjoyed that last hour. I didn't have a chance probably to wrap it as well as I could, except to tell you that the book is Legal Gladiator, The Life of Alan Dershowitz by Solomon Schmidt. A brag on this kid a little bit. He's twenty one years old. He was homeschooled by his parents, grew up outside of Buffalo, New York. He has eight self published books. These are self published called history Bytes, and you go to historybyites dot com and it's like small little stories of history. He apparently has some sort of a podcast channel in which he he talks to young younger students. He's a he is a student at the Soon New York University, and I'm a Paul. I am just amazed, not a pauled. I'm amazed that he could write a book of this caliber in depth, and to think that your first book, at twenty one, you've interviewed all of these people. The list is just extraordinary. I mean, Mike Tyson, O J. Simpson, Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Jared Kushner, RFK Junior on and on and on the list goes. So as I say, I would love to see where this young man is twenty years from now, thirty years from now, I think that he is a prodigy. And as Harvey Silverglade said, this is a prodigy writing a book about a prodigy. So I enjoyed that hour. If you missed it, you can go as you can go to any of our hours a night Side on Demand, Rob will post our programs, all of our hours in podcast form, And for those of you who aren't familiar with night Side and Demand, it's a very easy website to get familiar with because Rob this Morning, meaning this morning coming up in a couple of hours. All of tonight's shows will be posted in reverse order, So the show I'm doing right now will be the first one eleven, the next will be the ten, the nine, and the eight, and then the next one after that will be Wednesday Nights eleven. So they're easy to find. They're forty two minutes, So instead of listening to out the entire hour with the news inserts, the weather inserts, and the advertishments.
Speaker 3: You have the entire hour in about forty two minutes.
Speaker 2: And more and more people we have sixty seventy eighty, sometimes as many as ninety thousand people listening on any given night, not on a given night, over a given month. So there are a lot of people who who are getting up relatively early in the morning and they can't afford to stay up till ten or eleven at night, and as a consequence, they'll be listening on the way to work. So I commend it to all of you, and I thank Harvey Silverglate for introducing me to Solomon Schmidt, and I thank Solomon Schmid for having joined us. And I'm just going to take if you'd like to comment on the last hour. I'm going to take a phone call or two, and then I'll figure out what we will do for the balance of the program. I will remind you that tomorrow night we will do at eleven o'clock to more night, which is our twentieth hour, our snap pole of the month, we do a snap pole. We started this process, this practice in March of this year, on the last twentieth hour on a Friday night. We do twentieth hours only on Friday nights, So tomorrow night will be the twenty seventh, but it's the last Friday night. Everyone has a hall passed. So even if you've called in this week, or if you're going to call in tonight, you're able to call in tomorrow night and just tell us is will it be Trump or will it be Harris. I'll give you a little brief history of how the vote has gone in March, April, May, June.
Speaker 3: July, and August.
Speaker 2: So this will be in effect, I believe, our seventh month, and we'll do a final one the last Friday in October. I don't have my calendar in front of me, so I'm not sure of the date, but I know that the election is on November fifth, which means the last Friday in November. I'm guessing that means November first is a Friday, the second, and the third, the fourth, and the fifth, So we will have our last twentieth hour in October on Friday whatever that would be before I'm a little tired of the math here, probably the twenty fifth and twenty fifth. Yeah, I did that in my head, and Rob backed me up on that in the meantime. In the meantime, let me go right back to the calls, and I want to welcome back one of my favorite callers Laurie in Ohio saying she has no power. Laurie, how are you?
Speaker 4: And I I tell me.
Speaker 2: This, this this tropical storm has already impacted Idaho, Idaho.
Speaker 4: Thank you. No, no, it's not. But we are dark and cold with no water and I don't know. Well, first of all, I was kind of hoping I could get I couldn't get in the in the last hour for that last call. But that was an amazing call. What a great young man and the best things to end it with Harvey.
Speaker 2: He just yeah, Hobby put the ribbon on it, as he always does. I'm I mean, he's Harvey. You could do you could do a biography of Harvey in terms of the cases he has covered as well, and I'm not going to go into the specifics, but his relationship and friendship with drschwitz Is is so close and so meaningful.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: At one point during Allan's career, he was he was dealing with a medical uh issue for a family member which was serious and he he basically asked Harvey to take over his his his caseload, which and uh well, Alan literally made a personal search of the country. I'm not going to go into what it was or whom it was for, But it was a close family member and a serious medical emergency which ended well. But Alan actually went around the country making sure that that the member of his family was treated by the by the proper doctors or doctor or doctors.
Speaker 3: And again it was.
Speaker 2: Just as time waits for no person, courts tend not to wait for anyone. And so Harvey was handling his caseload for some period of time. And it's was. It was, There's no doubt about that. So how'd you lose power? Would you have a snowstorm or something out there?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Well no, So the thing where we are is pretty well for we've got so many mountains around here that we really don't get a lot of powerful windstorms on it because the mountains shear them before they get here. And so yesterday afternoon there was there were all these thunderstorms. They were coming up from just a certain perfect way from the southwest. And you know, I my weather geek, so I checked the radar and the.
Speaker 7: Things lit up.
Speaker 4: We've got reds and greens and all these colors, and it's down places where and apparently there was a huge dust storm and spoken yesterday afternoon I was not aware of that. I don't know where that came from, but the things are coming through, and all of a sudden, all these storms are lined up and just chugging our way and they're not dissipating. And this thing came up, came right across from where we were, and we were actually under the peak if you've ever seen that in the radar, which is worse than the red. And yeah, so this thing came charging through and I was, I mean, I haven't experienced a storm like this before. I was starting to close windows because it was starting to rain, and the wind was coming up and then the lightning all so it was really close, and I just said, you know, to show myself, like this is kind of one of these things where I probably shouldn't be standing near a window. We have the sliding windows, and so I closed the one in the one room and I turned around, and all of a sudden, the wind shifted from west to east and it's coming through the kitchen windows and blowing papers and stuff all over the place. So we had to close that. The wind was so loud I didn't hear. We had three pine trees snap off behind us. I didn't even hear the snap, I felt the thud, I closed the kitchen door, it came back and around to the other room, and I've got pine tree boughs in front of my window.
Speaker 6: And so this was.
Speaker 4: All across It went from Spokane all the way up across the northern Panhandle. There are like ten thousand people out of power. Problem is, we're proud of a co op that has connections to two of the hydro dams hearing some Wessons. So the hydro was lost all their stuff, and so until they get their stuffed, the local co op can't get their distribusion out again. So I had to spend twenty eight hours and yeah, just wind, but it's so rare for a storm to come up that way.
Speaker 3: What's the prognosis here?
Speaker 4: They don't even have one yet.
Speaker 2: So it's not like we'll have a power on in twenty four hours or forty eight hours.
Speaker 4: No, Because our local company is dependent on the two hydros. Hydro dams their powered, they're dams. They've got to get all their stuff fixed before our local place can even figure out how they're going to get their redistribution lines. And I obviously they've had plenty of time to clean up we had. There were trees down everywhere from Focanne all the way up through almost the Canadian border into Montana. Amazing. I mean storms don't usually come up through that corridor very often, and this was seventy mile an hour winds. We're a clocked in the town next to ours. It was I've never been to a storm like that. My mind is so weird.
Speaker 8: Wo.
Speaker 4: But in the meantime, it's cold and dark, and I don't have water because it's a well.
Speaker 3: Do you have a generator?
Speaker 4: No, not in this slime. Renting a small house here, so no no generator here.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 8: We'll do.
Speaker 4: I grew up in northern New England.
Speaker 3: Okay, I get that. But let me.
Speaker 2: Do you have any places in town where you can seek some shelter if.
Speaker 8: It really does get Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Well, assuming everybody else in the county hasn't gone there there motels around that I could probably fortually. It's not the middle of the winter, and it was almost eighty yesterday so it was warm.
Speaker 3: But how often do you lose power up there?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: This is the first time that it's been more than a couple of hours.
Speaker 8: Okay, Usually it's a light well, in this.
Speaker 4: In this in the winter, it could be snow, but in the summer maybe it's a lightning striker tree falling. And this is the first time it's been this long.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll keep your company.
Speaker 4: I was calling early because my phone was gonna die.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: I've got to go into the garage and plug it into the car charge.
Speaker 2: Well, remember tomorrow night, you're morether welcome than at eleven o'clock hour if you want to participate. That's right, all right, final, well, not a final.
Speaker 3: This our penelt them.
Speaker 4: And snappole penultimate exactly.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite words to me too, once.
Speaker 4: I finally figured out what it really meant.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's easy, penultimate. That's as simple as that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: The ultimate, of course, is m Absolutely, you dropped out at a cocktail party and people will be turning their heads and saying, oh, that person must be pretty smart over there. You know a couple of words here there, and you get a couple of Latin phrases, and you're all set. It's a copy DM. You know, it's something like that, or ship's a local.
Speaker 4: Everyone knows that now because of that movie.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I get it. But you know, well, you can find a couple more. Don't worry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, Lauri.
Speaker 2: Best to stay warm.
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks for taking me right off the top bike.
Speaker 2: Bet you, thank you, thank you so much. Laurie's Laurie is the best. That's one of my one of my really favorite callers. Let me take a quick break. If you want to react to Solomon Schmidt.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how deep I want to go into something. I might even just open this. So what do you think, Rob want to give it? Open lines just for the fun of it. Let's go. Yeah, we got forty minutes left, so let's go open lines. You can talk about anything you want. Okay, we very rarely do this. I probably should do it more often. Uh, and I should do it so that people have an opportunity. But anything you want to comment on, anything that moves your spirit at this point six seven two four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty we'll be back on Night's side. You can react to the Solomon Schmidt interview on his book Legal Guardian. Remember the gentleman you just heard, he's twenty one years old. That's what to me is astonishing. And if you saw this book. It is when I use the word tome, it is well researched heavily. It's four hundred pages and one hundred pages of footnotes and citations. It is again it looks like it's it reads like a book, easy to read, good writer. But it would appear when you look at it, you say, this has to be the equivalent of a doctoral thesis at Harvard, Yale or Penn. Amazing, amazing. But thank you Harvey Silverglate, thank you Solomon Schmid, and thank you to those of you who would like to join the conversation. I got wide open lines. Whatever you want to talk about. You want to make a recommendation for the type of issue that we haven't covered recently that you'd like to see us cover, or maybe an issue we've never covered, that's fine, or any comment you want to make. We're going open lines. After we talked to Pete in South Carolina coming back, he wants to talk about the last hour back on night Side. Pete, you stay right there. We got you your first up on the other other side of the break. Six months seven two, five, four, ten thirty, six months seven nine, three, one, ten thirty. You know what you'll do. If you don't call now, and you're going to be trying to call it ten minutes of midnight, the lines would be full.
Speaker 3: Trust me. Let's do it. Get it done right now. Dial away.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Let me go to Pete in South Carolina. Pete, welcome back to night said, how are you, sir?
Speaker 7: I'm fine, Dan, and I just want to say thank you for what a great hour it really was. It went by too quick. But I do want to tell you two things.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 7: Number one, I ordered the book for myself and I'm sending the book to my nephew who's a law student at Drexel in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Great idea.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was really impressed. I hope you can get him back again some other time. And just he was really cool for twenty one years old. I know how old you are. You know how old I am. And I can't believe it. Like you said, I read it. So it's a doctoral thesis.
Speaker 2: It is, But it's a doctoral thesis that's readable. That's the point I'm trying to make.
Speaker 3: It is a very.
Speaker 2: Readable he writes, Well, he was homeschooled, He's completed a couple of years of college, and he actually has stopped his college education in order to write this book. He just immersed himself at here. And when you think about the people that he was able to talk to on meet personally in this pursuit of this book got me, it's Mike Tyson, O. J. Simpson, Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and when he was smart enough, he was smart enough when I asked him how he got to Trump. It was Ted Cruz that got him to Donald Trump. I mean, you know, Cruise had work this magic, I'm telling you, and he's he's he's recently tried to He actually reached out, he told me, and I should if I should say this on me.
Speaker 3: He reached out to JK.
Speaker 2: Rowling and actually conversation with her, and she apparently is so private.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: She she loved liked talking to him, but he'd done some research with some of her relatives. I guess she is very much a mystery in terms of her background. You know, the woman who wrote Harry Potter. I think everyone was the name just the interesting guy, interesting young guy. And you and I obviously am much further down the track of life than him. So we will never where he's going to end up unless we live to you know, we're one.
Speaker 3: Hundred and thirty or something.
Speaker 7: But well, and we could only hope.
Speaker 3: No, if he keeps his head on his shoulders.
Speaker 2: And the bookstore Barry from Norwell, who owns a great bookstore in Norwell, he's going to set up a signing for him. And I heard that during the newscast. I said to Solomon, you should call the the the Harvard Bookstore in you.
Speaker 8: Know, in Harvard.
Speaker 7: I would love to get there, but right now I'm trying to see if I can get out of South Carolina by after Yeah.
Speaker 2: What are you guys looking at down there? What are you buckled down, buttoned up for.
Speaker 3: The night or one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Diane, Diane and I are in great shape. We did the the you know, the grocery store thing in milk and bread and twin you know that, and we're good. But we have a lot of wind right now, and the way the rain is coming in like waves, I mean, and you can hear it on the roof and it's a nice bitter patter, and then all of a sudden it sounds like somebody's dropping a load of rock on your roof.
Speaker 2: But where I am here, uh is it happens to be raining, but it's a different rain than what you're dealing with. Do you have a generator or do you do you run the risk.
Speaker 7: Of No, We're we're pretty well hunkered with. We're in a fifty five plus community and all of our power and everything is underground, so we should be a good shape. I mean, I've been here eleven years and we've only lost power for four hours. And that was a hurricane Matthew back in sixteen.
Speaker 3: Remember that one.
Speaker 7: So yeah, that was that was a tough one. But anyway, I let you go.
Speaker 2: You got to keep keep the company through the storm.
Speaker 7: And uh absolutely, I wouldn't go anywhere else. Dance. I mean, I'm watching that. I'm also watching the Doctors play, uh uh Los Angeles on for my baseball fix for today because the Phillies aren't playing. He hasn't done well tonight at all yet, but he's still it's like the fifth or sixth inning right now. But I'll tell you I watched that other game a couple of nights ago when he had the three home runs to ten RBIs to two stolen bases, right and it was like everybody said, it was one of the best baseball games ever played.
Speaker 2: Well, one man the Red Sox for his baseman, Cass, had a good night. He had three home runs and seven RB.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I always love to watch the Yankees in Boston. They somehow just put on good games. It's like the Phillies and the Mets, you know, absolutely, But anyway.
Speaker 2: I'm intense dislike I won't say hatred, but intenseslike. And every once in a while, every once in a while pitcher throws a brushback pitch, yeah, and that always adds a little both. That's some stuff with Baltimore this year.
Speaker 7: So right, that's you know, old school baseball that you and I are like used to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you don't want to be standing in these days when somebody buzzes at ninety.
Speaker 7: You know. And I know you played sports. I played sports, but I can't. I don't think I could stand in there when somebody's throwing something at me at one hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And somebody threw one the other night, one hundred and five and uh struck out the Cardiado, the oriole and he's just he admired the pitch. Looked and just kind of shook his head and well, you think it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Chapman, but it's one of these flamethrowers in the.
Speaker 7: National Yeah, but you think you know, by the time the pitcher releases the ball, he's not sixty six feet away, he's like maybe sixty eight.
Speaker 2: Well, you actually, to be really honest with you, they're a lot closer than that, with these guys who are six four.
Speaker 3: Six ' five. Yeah, you stretch out.
Speaker 2: The release point is probably fifty five feet away when you think about it.
Speaker 7: Well, one of these days when I you know, next spring, you'll do your baseball show and we can go at it together for a long time.
Speaker 2: You got it, Pete, Stay warm, stay dry, stay warm, Say hi to your wife.
Speaker 7: Okay, I will, and I'll be in touch when when I need to, when I want to.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks, pay every time, Thanks much.
Speaker 2: Tonight six one seven thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Give me an open line opportunity. I know many of you have always complained and said, hey, let's do over line some night. We got thirty minutes. Uh, could we could talk about Eric Adams in New York. That's really the only other big story today, and I'm more than happy to talk about it. It looks to me, uh and again, I haven't read the indictment yet. It looks to me that Adams probably has some serious problems here. But I suspect that there's a lot of these politicians who at some point have accepted a bump up on a plane, and it gets It's interesting who gets prosecuted and who doesn't. But I don't want to open up that can of worms. If you want to comment on it, and if you're from New York, love to know what you think or whatever you want to talk about. Between now in midnight, I'm game. I hope you are as well. I got some open lines six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty and six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. They will fill up and you'll be locky. You'll be you'll be getting a busy signal. So din a way coming back on night.
Speaker 1: Sent with Dan Ray, Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, back to the calls we go. We go to Joe in Belmont. Joe, You're next night Side, Welcome back, Joe.
Speaker 3: How are you tonight?
Speaker 5: Good Dan, I'd like to ask you two questions. Do you agree with our founding fathers that we should have a militia.
Speaker 3: We do have a militia. It's called the US military.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: I mean like ifs say the Republican Party or the Democratic Party got too corrupt and we had the militia to overthrow it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't I think that we have a militia. We have the US military.
Speaker 5: Uh what about on the National News when they talked about the New Hampshire and the Montana militia, about the federal government breaking up breaking up those two training camps.
Speaker 2: Well, if people, if people want to go in the woods and play soldier or all of that, they can do that. If they at some point find out that they are conspiring to do something that's illegal, then at that point the government has a right to uh to to indict and arrest and if they can convict. But we have I mean, the militia is in many respects, the National Guard is the is the descendant of the militia when you think when you look at it, historically Massachusetts has a National Guard. The National Guard traces it's founding here in Massachusetts to Lexington and conquered.
Speaker 5: But Dan, what are we supposed to do if our Republicans Democrats get too corrupt, can we have a revolution?
Speaker 3: No? I think what you do is your vote amount of office?
Speaker 5: Well what if what if they have too much power? How can you vote amount of office?
Speaker 2: Because you have Again, Joe, I don't want to do constitutional law with you. But but if there is a pre who is corrupt, that's why you have the Supreme Court. We've had presidents who have been impeached. We now have a president who was tried and convicted in some courts. Whether you agree or not, we have the son of the President of the United States who's facing a jail sentence potentially has been convicted in two courts, one in California and one in Delaware. I think we are a far cry from from being a corrupt nation. And I think that it kind of gets a little crazy talk when because at that point, who decides what militia gets to rule?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 2: I mean, you could have one militia in New Hampshire and one militia in Montana. They might see the world totally differently. Then we're going to have a fight between militia from now. I think that's crazy talk, Joe, And I'm serious think I think you got to think it through a little further.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe some of your callers could call up.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, they could call up. You don't mean, Joe. I'll always answer your question honestly. And I just think that the idea of people running around in the woods. Let him join the military. The military will give him uniforms, they'll give him training, they'll give him weapons.
Speaker 3: They'll go somebody.
Speaker 5: Let's let somebody call up who doesn't sound as conspiratorial as me.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, fear enough, Joe. I'm glad you said it, not me. Thanks Joe, have a great night, good night. All right, thank you, Joe. Let me go to Will in Long Island. Will as you're next to.
Speaker 8: Night side, Joe, you just got you. Wish you got that guy. Because Dan, I vehemently disagree with you. In some areas, this happens to be one of them.
Speaker 3: Okay, tell me, tell me what the solution is.
Speaker 8: I am not I'm not condoning or saying that violence or civil wars on the horizon because people that cavalierly talk about that have no idea what it means. Okay, there is no Mason Dixon line. You're on that side on on the other side, a civil war in this country, they would be not only ugly and horrible. You would starve if everything would cease, but we'd probably be attacked by foreign enemies while that were to go on. Okay, it would look something like January sixth, but with guns capital scenes around the country.
Speaker 2: It would be it would be a national we would agree to national suicide.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're not gonna shoot your neighbor or your friends for disagreeing on politics, Okay. The communists and the Antifa are not going to go out and uh, you know, have a fight with the right wing proud boys and those militias. Okay, But I do disagree with you that the militia is the military. Okay, that's actually the opposite. The state and the in the federal military are actually the opposite of the militia. As a matter of fact, defined in the District of Columbia vs. Heller, the broad definition of the militias we the people. Okay. As a matter of fact, it's it's pertinent in order to have that definition in order to keep the second people.
Speaker 2: And the problem with your argument, Will, respectfully, is that the people get a chance to vote every two years for members of Congress, every four years for president. I know that there are people who felt the twenty twenty election somehow didn't come out the way they wanted it, and that they've.
Speaker 3: Been suspicious ever since.
Speaker 2: I pray to God that the twenty twenty four election is decisive. I hope it's not close, because if it is close, whoever loses is going to claim there's going to be some people say, well, it's fixed.
Speaker 3: I would like to get us to either.
Speaker 2: An election on the scale of Lyndon Johnson winning handily in nineteen sixty four or Ronald Reagan twenty years later in nineteen eighty four handling.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 8: I'm just I'm just disputing what I believe the militia is, Okay, what I believe is necessary if our government.
Speaker 3: So tell me what you think should happen. Okay, should we start?
Speaker 8: I don't think right now, I don't think anything should happen. And as a matter of fact, what happened in the election. First off, I believe that election. You know, baseball is not in America's pastime. Election medaling is We election medal in other countries. We election medal around the world, and we do it in our own country too. Okay, So if you think we have fair elections here, if you think what happened with Jeb Bush and Florida and throwing out ballots until somebody became the president was a fair election, I would disagree. If it's been going on since Jack Kennedy was stuff in ballots for a son with the mafia, and it's been going on since we were grabbing people outside of polling stations into seven eighteen hundreds until I'm going and vote again. This is nothing new in America.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 8: The problem is we don't have a mechanism in the United States Constitution that if Donald Trump even did prove that there was fraud to the excess that it could have changed the election. First off, you don't have enough time. Let's start with that. And number two, there's no mechanism to make the other guy, the president like do over. There's no Doover mechanism them in the constitution. So the fact is it was over. There was nothing Pence could have done. All legal scholars have agreed that it's largely ceremonial that that you know, startifying the election. That's it, it's over, it's done, and then.
Speaker 2: The election technically is over. When when the states convene on a specific date in early December, and then they meet at.
Speaker 8: Noon and they put forth their capitals.
Speaker 2: And they they show up.
Speaker 3: I mean, here's the here's the problem. Okay.
Speaker 2: If Trump had turned around in twenty twenty and said, okay, I really doubt that this was fair, but I have to accept what the results appear to be. I might not like it. If he did what al Gore did in two thousand. I think that Donald Trump would have been an odd unfavored to be elected in twenty twenty and.
Speaker 8: There were an agreement. We're in one hundred percent agreement because he needed to realize, regardless of what you think, he could have pursued at least trying to prove that there was fraud in the elections. I mean, because every time we talk about this, you know, I hear a lot of people say, oh, well, you know, the cases would dismiss lack of evidence. There hasn't been one case dismissed lack of evidence. You know this the procedural standing issues, things like that, but none of them, nobody ever said there's no evidence that there's literally thousands of affidavids around the country. Those are eyewitness testimony. People are in death row with less evidence than that.
Speaker 2: So because there's not a single case that I have seen, maybe you could point to me where there was a presentation or there were some crazy news conferences that Rudy Juliet.
Speaker 8: Never got there. What they never got there, the cases would dismiss procedurally.
Speaker 3: Saying is that.
Speaker 2: If the cases would not have been dismissed procedurally, if they there was some proof placed in the court of public opinion, in which you have Republican states will hold on for sake. You have Republican states like Georgia, where you have Governor Kemp, who now has turned around and said going to he's endorsing Donald Trump. Kemp turned out to be a person of integrity. I'm sure that he did not vote for Joe Biden, but he believed that the election was run correctly in the state of Georgia. That's what the constitution says. The election rules are made up by each of the states. Now, if there was any clear evidence of fraud, I never saw it. Maybe you did.
Speaker 3: I never saw it.
Speaker 8: Dan. There there are people that are out there speaking right now on for the past four years on YouTube Facebook, everywhere else that have signed out for Davids that said they watched people lock them out of polls and were not allowed to watch what was going on behind the curtain. And it's not one person, and it's thousands of people.
Speaker 2: Will. Will, the one example that I know of is what was what happened in Philadelphia?
Speaker 3: Okay, But again here's the thing. Will.
Speaker 2: As much as I said open lines, I think it's counterproductive for us to try to relitigate something that cannot be relitigated.
Speaker 8: I don't dam This is a constant theme. You know, this is a constant theme. You wonder where this came from? Where did this, oh, the election was state come from? I don't know. I spent four years to Democrats telling me Russian collusions, fake elections, Donald Trump's not a real president. And then when we turn around and say, hey you cheated, they said, what do you mean? How dare you question the integrity of American elections? It's almost preposterous.
Speaker 2: Will, We're gonna we're going to agree to disagree in this one. And we've gone about eight minutes, actually seventy to thirty seconds, and I'm up on my past my forty five breaks.
Speaker 3: So I gotta I gotta run, but I inspect your intellect.
Speaker 2: I understand you're saying it with complete, complete passion, but I gotta tell you, if you're looking to I think I know who you're going to support. I don't know that your argument here changes one person's mind. And I think that the more that Donald Trump and his supporters continue to talk about twenty twenty.
Speaker 8: I'm not looking to change their mind about twenty twenty. I'm looking for them to understand and just put it to bed. And it could have happened, and let's not talk about it as a way to talk.
Speaker 3: About I didn't bring it up.
Speaker 2: You brought it up.
Speaker 8: I get that, all right.
Speaker 2: I gotta run, gotta run, will tie by, Bye bye, Okay, Gary, Sam and Bob are gonna get you in. I'll try to get maybe a couple more in. We'll give it the best shot. Coming back from Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Mine from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ the news Radio.
Speaker 3: I think I could get everyone in.
Speaker 2: Let's start it with Gary and mooberg Gary you next on Nightsig, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Short and sweet. Get right to the point.
Speaker 8: The word boom.
Speaker 6: Halloween is coming up. Boom, oh, b oh, oh you got combs, cops, judges or a politician and so forth. They're in front of the microphone booth. The heck to problem with them possibly being corrupt? This that black blake, you don't like them?
Speaker 7: Boom.
Speaker 6: Now the last couple of guys who called up and talk about Molitia's and all that. Obviously that's very crazy you talk about violence. So that's my point.
Speaker 2: Thank you, beg you Gary, appreciate your call, short and sweeten to the point, Bob and waymock Bob.
Speaker 3: Next on Nightsig go right ahead.
Speaker 7: Dan, I got old goods.
Speaker 9: I'm a veteran. All right, you go in, you apply for You've got your DD two fourteen. You know what that is, yep, And on the bottom it has recommended for re enlistening. Another guy comes in, not so good. He comes out of there with his d D two foot geam with non honorable discharge. Who do you think gets the job?
Speaker 2: Hopefully the guy with the honorable.
Speaker 9: Discharge not in this space. Okay, Bob, Okay, let me let me go one firm.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah.
Speaker 2: Let me let me ask you this, Bob, only because I think we're going down a rabbit hole here. What I would ask you to do is, why don't you send me whatever information you have on that, because I it doesn't make sense. Although I suspect it might happen. If that happened to you, we could do something on it.
Speaker 9: Okay, Yeah, because on the chapter eighty five Uniform Code of Military Justice, it happened. I decided to read and I found.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bob, you gonna I'm gonna ask you politely to bring this up to meet another time because this this could go on all the way to midnight, and I just feel this, it's a story here that I don't have time for. If you had called earlier, we could have spent more time. So let me politely bid you good night, and feel free to contact me.
Speaker 3: Rob.
Speaker 2: Give Bob my direct number at BZ and he can call me and I'll get back to him. Let's keep rolling here. Sam in Pennsylvania, Sam, you were next to a nice man.
Speaker 10: How are you good?
Speaker 2: If I had you before in the show, I didn't recall Sam from Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: I know Sam in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: I used to pitch for the for the for the Indians named Sam mcnowell who lived in Monroeville, Pennsylvania, and it was a buddy of mine.
Speaker 7: Go right ahead, got it.
Speaker 10: I actually grew up in Canton, mass So, you know how, I don't know if you know about the Karen Read stuff, but that's a disaster.
Speaker 5: But anyway, very.
Speaker 2: Very very very clued into the Karen Reach story we've followed here, and of course can't mask the home of Bobby Witt of the Kansas City Royals and also his dad, who was a pretty good pitcher as well.
Speaker 3: Go right ahead, Sam.
Speaker 10: So with all the political talk that I've been hearing about, kind of from a young, younger perspective and an open mind of both sides, I kinda find it. I kind of want to get your take on the whole Kamala Harr situation with her kind of being anointed into the nomination, and I find her very disingenuous.
Speaker 2: From this point, I referred to it as sort of what I call the immaculate nomination, meaning yeah, she never want to vote. There have been a lot of Democrats who have pursued the nomination, spent a lot of money, spent, no money, held no rallies, no member, but she got it's and I think that that her answers fairly is kind of what I would call circular elocution, meaning she says something in at the end, you say what you meant?
Speaker 10: Yeah, And I kind of would want to be swayed in one direction or another. I personally don't hold any animus towards Trump. I think kind of what you see is what you get, and you kind of have to deal with it at base value. But with her, she went from you know, calling Joe Biden pretty much erasist to now being is running mate, and then now she's running just out of nowhere.
Speaker 8: And I'm trying a great points.
Speaker 2: Sam, I think you're going to be I think you're going to be a Trump voter, is what I think in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 8: Yeah, which is I mean problem.
Speaker 2: I got two more here. I want to try to accommodate. So do me think called a little early and we'll get more time.
Speaker 3: How old are you? Did you said you're a younger guy.
Speaker 10: I'm twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Have you called before?
Speaker 7: I have not?
Speaker 2: No first time.
Speaker 3: Flavor.
Speaker 2: Keep listening, I'd like to talk to you again. Okay, I'm serious when I ask you to do that.
Speaker 7: Thank you sounds good bye?
Speaker 2: Great, Let's go Okay, let me go to Sarah in Maine.
Speaker 3: Heat.
Speaker 2: I got thirty seconds for you. That's about it.
Speaker 11: Go right ahead, that's all right, first time call it, first time listener, first time radio.
Speaker 4: How'd you find us?
Speaker 11: I happened to be out on an island about to go hauling fishing tomorrow morning and turned on an AM radio and started listening to you guys, and I thought it, you know, just like break up the monotony of all the politics.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal. Well, I'm sorry, we do a lot of other stuff.
Speaker 3: Do me a favorite.
Speaker 2: Please call back another night and we will have a great conversation. Okay, but I'm flat out of time. He yeah, yeah, thank you, Sarah out a lot of new callers. How much time we got here? Rob?
Speaker 3: Not much? Right?
Speaker 2: All dogs, all cats, I'll end us always. I'll thank Rob, and I'll thank Marita, and I'll tell you all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's where my pal Charlie Ray is, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where all of your pets are who were passed. They love you and you love them. I do believe you. We see the beginning. We'll see again tomorrow night on Nightside.
Speaker 3: Everybody. Remember we got our snap poll.
Speaker 2: Everybody can vote tomorrow night in the twenty hour at eleven on Facebook.
Speaker 3: Just go to Knights Hour, Dan Ray and Facebook. See you there in a couple of minutes