Speaker 1: Hey thirty on a Thursday, regular listeners, No, it's that time week gets doctor. iHeart medi aviation expert Jay Ratlift Welcome back, my good friend, Jay Ratliffe.
Speaker 2: It's a pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 3: As always spent some of the morning talking about your dad. Oh really, yeah, I was every morning I'm on with Bill Wills up at the TAM in Cleveland. Yeah, and yeah, he used to do the farm reports forty some years ago and down of WLW and was talking about some fond memories of your dad. So I enjoyed that this morning.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, and I'm sure my dad was smiling from above and reflecting on those memories himself. And you know, I gotta go down this stock trading road because you know, we always talk about it. You are a stock trader. Daytrade fund dot com is where you find Jay and his methodology and where you can learn it. But your reaction to the insanity that went on this week, you know Trump's you know, tariffs are issue. The market goes crazy, trillions of dollars, dogs and cats, let me together, we're all gonna die. And then lo and behold after him pausing it because so many countries stepped up to the plate and said, no, we want to negotiate. We don't want to do retaliatory tariffs. We'd rather sit down and work something out with you. So he said, all right, we'll go ninety day pause. And one of my listeners, and you may have heard me mention it before, west Side, Jim Keefer. He lost a substantial amount of his portfolio, but gained all of it back plus some additional yesterday.
Speaker 2: He's ahead.
Speaker 3: And that's why you don't you don't panic. And you know, I have to admit there's part of me that wonders if Donald Trump didn't pull this just to show the world he will do what he needs to do. And would that cause people that weren't formally gonna negotiate as country leaders say.
Speaker 2: You know what we need to I think.
Speaker 3: We always talk. We always talk about the Airplane movie and there's a scene in there where all the lights go out on the runways and they look over and Johnny's pulled the plug with a big smiles. You know, maybe that was Donald Trump. I don't want to think he would be playing with people's money that way, but you know, most people are just gonna you know, panic, but not pull the trigger and make any rash decisions. And you and I've talked about so many times before, the two emotions that I teach my students about are fear and greed. And if you can get the emotions out of the equation, you can make a lot of money consistently on Wall Street. But the problem is when people allowed the headlines and all the panic and things of this nature to start to, you know, influence their decisions. You had people that were making some really rash and ill advised decisions based on what was taking place, convinced the market was going to continue to go down and it you know, you just got to stay away from the emotion part. And Warren Buffett, if I may, the guy that was being chastised at an investor conference in I want to say it was February because people were telling the fifth richest man on the planet that he was making a mistake because he had three hundred and forty four billion dollars on the sidelines. They said that money should be in the market, come on, get it, and he's like, nope, I wait for stocks to go on sale then I make my call. So I always think it's fun when somebody tells the fifth richest man in the world he's doing something wrong, because you get to that point by doing a lot of things right. He doesn't panic when the market drops. He's just looking for stocks that go on sale and buys him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, perhaps he did buy after the cell off the other day. It wouldn't shock me if he did.
Speaker 3: I think he was waiting for a little bit more. And Braden, you never know. If if the tariffs and as we approach that ninety day mark aren't in a you know, in line with where we want, we could see another round of volatility. Now, the good news is that we if we do have round two, we've got between now and then to work on it and for people to understand what could happen and to relax. And in fact, on my success blog at the Day Trade Fund, I think it was a November entry of last year. On my success blog, I talked about how to survive and thrive when one of these market corrections take place. And they happen all the time, so if you can be prepared when it takes place, it doesn't catch you off guard. Be you don't panic and see you've got a predetermined plane of action you're gonna follow, even if it means don't do anything, and then do what the big guys do. That the Warren Buffets and others look for stocks to go on sale, and I warrant obviously holds them for longer periods of time than our eight, ten and fifteen minutes that we flip stocks. Right, it's the same concept. You look for stocks at a specific point. If they reach that point, you buy them, and you know exactly where you're going to sell them.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't let the end of this convers this conversation and as it going to a break without observing you know, we are all familiar with, at least my listeners are the bias in media, and it's certainly they are not favorable to the Trump administration across the board. So maybe a lot of this hysteria and gloom and doom and we're all going to die as a consequence of of them stirring the pot of fear that was brought about and well led to maybe some of the markets sell off.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but what it bring your exactly correct, And if you're talking about if as possible as we saw with one of those recent polls that you've addressed, that the idea of an assassination on any of the you know, Musk or Trump or these others is considered justifiable in the eyes of some of those people. I mean, yeah, if that's the kind of message that they're sending, Yeah, they'll they'll do anything and you know, whatever it means to try to prevent the president from doing what he's doing. In fact, in the last little bit, it's about the only thing that they've really had to jump up and down on to point at. But it's also the president Trump's own doing, because remember he talked about when he was campaigning, if the market wasn't doing well, look under me it did great. Blah blah blah blah blah. So now that he's president, he's got to own anything if it goes up or down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, certainly true.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we'll pause, we will talk aviation issues. Aviation expert Jay rattlifte be right back after these brief words. And I heard media aviation expert Jay Rattlift as a lead into the first story, Jay Ratlift, is it just the Internet which brings these stories to our attention, and they always existed at the same level or our passenger is becoming more and more unruly these days.
Speaker 3: I would say there's an element of both, but it's it's probably a little bit more prevalent these days because and I think a lot of it has to do is just the aggravation of a lot of people as they fly. In the eighties, nineties, two thousands, a lot of times we would have load factors averaging sixty seventy percent where you still had room on the airplane. You weren't fighting for overhead storage space. It just it was a more pleasant experience to travel than what it is now. Now it's you know, you don't enjoy travel, you endure it to get where you're at, and it's almost like, you know, full contact rugby or something when you're trying to do it. So these stories, now that we've got social media, they tend to get out there more often, and there's a tendency to think, well, it's just because you know, we have the ability to get them out there. But the numbers are up a bit. The problem is a lot of times when these people are involved in assault, they don't share that information with other airlines, and that remains one of my biggest pet peas, because if you assault somebody on American, well you should not be allowed to fly in United where you could assault a flight attendant or another passenger, there should be some sort of consequences. And boy, what a headache we had on that American flight leaving JFK on his way to Milan. And that just sounds so nice. Just get on a plane and you're going to Milan. You just sit back, relaxed, and you're gonna have a good time. Until four hours into the flight, you've got a passenger who gets into a heated argument with a flight attendant over what his meal wasn't what he had ordered, Lord Ques did, oh yes. So the verbal argument then becomes a physical situation where he's actually shoving some of the flight attendants, and then he makes a dash towards the cockpit because of course the captain is going to be very interested in his particular problem, and they stop him, and then all of a sudden, they turned that airplane around. They're four hours into flight over the Atlantic Ocean back to JFK's It was closest airport they could get to. So for American airlines, so you come back, you land, the demand is taking off, detained, I hope, arrested, and passengers will put up overnight sixteen hours after they left the first time, they're back on the airplane and then headed back to Milan. So it just goes to show it takes, you know, and there's people in Italy that are waiting for that aircraft to get there for them to take to wherever that next segment was going to be. So you've got somebody that's not only impacting everybody that's on a flight, but people that are waiting on that aircraft at the next destination. And think of the people that were on their way to a wedding or reunion or you know, my family members on life support. I've got to get there before they pass away. And you've got this absolute moron, this acting up on this floor that is causing every other passenger on board to suffer as a result.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, I don't care if I got a deadline or a layover or anything. I'm just I'm gonna be just just insanely angry just because you know, I'm being held up by this jerk.
Speaker 2: Period. End of story. You don't have to come much further than that.
Speaker 1: It's like you one guy caused all of this because of a meal that you were served. It's airplane food, for God's sake, It's gonna suck regardless of what they feed you.
Speaker 3: But he wanted the less sucky kind.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah right, It.
Speaker 3: Just but the idea of when it became a security situation, that's when everything was off. Because the airlines have very clearly defined protocol. When you know there's no air marshall on board, they were calling for any law enforcement officers or military that were on board to assist because they were having a difficult time at first to contain the individual. And every time that I fly, I'll say hello to the lead fla height attendant and let her let he or see you know where I'm seated, just in case he needed an extra set of hands, because a lot of times you don't want to announce over the intercom. You know, do we have any law enforcement because I mean that's going to really start to bring people out thinking something's wrong, and if they can just come back and whisper if it's a medical emergency to a doctor or nurse, or if they've got someone on their law enforcement or whatever that can help a situation. They want to do that. So it's a little bit, you know, let's telegraphed across the cabin, but they were calling for help to try to get this guy subdued and restrained. They were able to do so. And then, of course because of that one person, I mean, vacations and just all those kinds of things, and I think it happens.
Speaker 1: And I think you might open yourself up to a passenger induced beat down as well.
Speaker 2: But just to reserve my judgment, technically.
Speaker 3: We're only allowed to restrain. You can restrain forcefully.
Speaker 1: So yes, indeed, all right, how about boycotting airlines because they're cooperating with immigrations and officials, Well, we got the way.
Speaker 3: Little Airlines. They're the airline that has been hired as a charter flight to help the homeland security as far as their ice transportation for the deportation of people that are being escorted out of the country, a lot of them being you know, criminals and other types of things. And there are groups around the country that are saying, we are going to boycott this airline because they're involved in something we don't agree with. And you have the airline that flies to several cities that you have where the democratic leadership of those cities are saying, look, we're giving this airline some subsidies and assistance in order to be here, and we want those subsidies to be removed because we don't like what they are doing. And of course the CEO for the airline says, look, if it's not us, as someone else, we're going to take the business because it's going to help our business. It allow us to continue to help you know, people around the country as we fly because they're regularly scheduled airline. But if it wasn't, then would be somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they've got a boycott and you know, I we'll see where it goes or doesn't go. But it seems like the CEO is pretty much a look, I don't care, but this is what we're going to do because A it needs to be done and be you know, if it's not us, it's going to be someone else.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Well, we'll bring you right back on. Another couple of stories to run by emotional support animal story and then oh, look I have one more. An idiot passenger try to open a door in fly plus hub delays one more with Jay Ratliffe, be right, back K.
Speaker 2: Forty eighth and five pair CD talk station.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: That was Jay Ratliffe wrapping up our aviation segment here. I understand an emotional support animal cause a bit of a problem for a passenger, and we've had all kinds of crazy stories about emotional support animals. What kind of emotional support animal was it this time?
Speaker 2: Jay? It was a parent, a peng one, a parent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And she was flying Frontier JFK to San Juan, Puerto Rico, and she had all the documentation everything that Frontier required, so she was allowed to take this rather large bird as her support animal on board the flight down to Puerto Rico. She's coming back and the agents there say you can't take a parrot on our flight, it's too big, and she's like, wait a minute, I flew Frontier down here, and they said, well, look, all you got to do is go to our website. It clearly states that no large birds can be accepted, as you know, emotional sport animals, so you just have to leave it behind. And she's like, I'm not leaving my pet slash emotional support animal behind. So she was looking a Frontier to do something about the situation that they created and yeah the last word, I've not heard if they've got it worked out, but she was, in essence, staying in Puerto Rico till they got it worked out.
Speaker 1: Well, if you've got attached to a parrot, and I know a lot of people are there's things live eighty five one hundred years and oh yeah yeah, so ay.
Speaker 3: Yes, And then if you know a lot of people look at these, you know, pets as children type of thing, and the idea of just leaving it behind is no well one, it's a ridiculous situation. But are a suggestion. But yeah, that's what somebody said. I suspect Frontier management probably didn't think that was the most proper thing to say.
Speaker 1: Well, real quick, I saw this morning. I always check aviation news and this one on Simplyflying dot com. Before you and I talk. Frontier Airlines flight had turned back to Denver after an unruly passenger attempted to open the door on the Airbus A three twenty mid flight to turn back. What I mean, you know, I guess people become unhinged on some level, maybe they're mentally challenged when they get on, but you know, opening a door mid flight, well done, trying.
Speaker 3: To because you and I both know that they can't because once the air is pressurized, it's not going to happen. But that's the third grab the handle and give a pulled story that I've had. In the last two weeks, we've had three flights where people have become irritated to the point that they have actually gone up to the emergency door exit and they've tried to jerk the handle. Now, if people are not aware of the fact that the door can't be opened, obviously you're gonna have people freaking out thinking they're about to die. So you've got people diving on the individual trying to make sure that they stay away from the door. And yeah, in fact, we had one guy in a flight that tried to do it. They moved him to a seat away from it, and he tried to do it twice on the same flight, so it you know, it's just people that are acting this kind of way induce panic, and of course they'll never be allowed to fly on that particular airline again, and they could be charged for inciting panic. But most of the time the airlines do not even pursue that. All they're told is, you know, you're not gonna be flying us again and they leave it. And other than that, they may and should be getting a fine from the Federal Aviation Ministration for failure to abide by the instructions of a uniform crew member, which can be ten or twenty thousand dollars if not more. So, it's not gonna be something they're not gonna have some consequences for. But obviously you wish it was more than what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and speaking of consequences, at the bottom of the website where I found this, they have a it's an image. It's you know, the Halloween costumes. It's the Unruly Passenger Halloween costume and the it's a depiction of a guy who's got duct tape all around them and zip ties. And the package includes it's the Spooky Unruly Passenger, includes duct tape, zip tie cuffs, cancel tickets, fines, unemployment application costs, thirty seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh, easily, easily, and yeah, and probably some divorce papers too. Yeah. One of the better images you can do is do a Google search of an airline passenger that was duct taped to a seat. They duct taped his mouth and I mean they must have used two rolls of duct tape on this poor guy. And it's it's it's, it's yeah, it's probably the poster j out of why you don't want to act up on a flight.
Speaker 1: No, and then there's that pesky fine, all right, we got to close out, as we always do with hub delays. How's it looking out there for air travel today, Jay Ratliff, You.
Speaker 3: Know, we've got some obviously weather headed towards the Northeast, and I think Minneapolis has already seen some delays, but it's going to be Washington, d C, Philadelphia, New York, maybe Boston by the end of the day. But in essence, if you're flying anywhere to the Northeast, expect some delays. Certainly expect some turbulence where we're going to be seeing some some rough weather, not dangerous, just uncomfortable. Make sure you've got your seatbelt passing about you, and get to the airport early if you're flying to or through the Northeast, because we will see some delays that are going to be kind of plaguing us for the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: Sound advice and Jay Raylife. As always, Jay, love having you on the program. I hope you have a wonderful week man, and I'll look forward to next Thursday and another. Oh no, I'll be gone next Thursday. I'm taking the week off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it was, it was. It was on my calendar. Joe made sure that I had all that stuff written down and recorded. So I hope you're doing something.
Speaker 1: Fun and relaxing mental health week off. I'm just so exhausted with you know, the stories I have to deal with every once in while. I just got to take some time off and decompress. That's what I'll be doing.
Speaker 3: Next, I said Mike mcconaell of text saying hey, you're ready to come back yet after two days being retired, after significance paused for effect, it was like, no, I'm fine, getting a lot more rest now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw more emotion on his face last week than i'd seen anytime I ran into in the hall. And actually, because if you if you know Mike, he's a very emotionless kind of guy. If he's happy, you're sad, just has the same look on his face. I actually saw what really appeared to be a smile on his face multiple times throughout last week. I even commented to him on it and He got a big grin on his face when I said.
Speaker 3: It was and it was good to see. It was good to see you that day as well.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, I'm so glad you stopped then, because I told.
Speaker 3: You to be in trouble. If I hadn't made it a point, brother, you're.
Speaker 2: Darn right you would have take care Jay. Thanks for what you do. Man. We'll talk two weeks from now, at least you and I will.
Speaker 3: Good ma'am.
Speaker 1: George Brenman was interested to Restore Liberty event, and we also talk some other things going on politically and generally speaking. Restore Liberty dot Us. The event is on Sunday, open doors open at four thirty. Get all the details at five KRC dot Com're just go directly to Restore Liberty dot Us because there are only a small number of tickets left. Got some great speakers lined up and some video presentation, so that'll take place on Sunday. Congressman Born Davidson was on excellent Conversation with a Congressman This Morning podcast at five care sea dot com. Get a copy of Brian Reisinger's book land Ridge Cash Poor, My Family's Hope and The Untold History of the disappearing American farmer. Probably gonna want to get a copy after you hear the podcast again. Fity five kr SE dot com. Shaw McMahon filling in for Joe Strecker. You did a wonderful job today. Appreciate what you're doing and I'll see you tomorrow. Folks, have a great day. Don't go away. Glenn Beck's coming right up.