Speaker 1: It's night time with Dan Ray. I'm telling you Easy Boston's Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, today was an interesting day, a great day for the stock market. I have no idea where the market's going to go tomorrow. I suspect that after today it might take a little bit of a breather. But over the weekend, the United States and China took a step reading now for the New York Times on Monday, to diffuse the trade war between the world's two largest economies, agreeing to temporarily reduce the punishing tariffs that they've imposed on each other basically gives them. A joint statement released earlier in the day, the United States and China said that suspend their respective terriffs for ninety days and continue negotiations they started this weekend. That was enough to jump to stock market by over a thousand points one sixty one points. The other markets were up as well. The S and P and the Nasdaq also surged today. So I mean, I think the S and P was up four percent and I was up over eleven hundred points. S and P and the Nasdaq and we're both up, And it was a great day if you're in the stock market. So the question now on this is I was watching I think it was ABC Nightly News, and they were essentially saying that Trump had backed down. Interesting spin to put on it. Maybe maybe I would have reported a little bit differently. It sound to me as if both the Trump administration and the Chinese Party, the Chinese communist government, realized that maybe the tariffs were not in the interest of either country, and Donald Trump shook things up a little bit. I don't know where we'll be a week from now. I don't know where would be a month from now. I know that when we were in mid April, if you go back about a month, I can tell you that we just I actually can pull it right up here for you if you want. Today we ended up at let's see, we ended up today at forty two four thirteen, So we were at forty two thousand, forty two thousand five hunt, you know whatever four thirteen was where we for a forty two ten today is where we ended up. My correct on that I just I don't want to misstate it here. I guess there was some after I was trading as well. When if you go back to I don't know, a month ago, well not even a month ago, if you go back to what's the data on that for twenty one, so today is the twelfth. If you go back three weeks, we were sitting under thirty eight thousand, so there's been a huge jump in the last three weeks. I don't know if you're directly invested in the market or if you're indirectly. Most of us are indirectly invested in the market. If we have a pension plan, if we're a member of a labor union, our pension funds are invested in the stock market. Most people who have a certain age have a four to oh one ks. Today was a good day, There's no doubt about that. It was also a good day from the point of view of the release of the remaining hostage. Edin Alexander, has been held capped dive for nineteen months, looked remarkably well. I saw the video tonight of him being reunited with his family, with his mom and his dad. He looked. I'm sure that he had suffered greatly, but he truly looked the best of all the hostages who have been released. He looked. I don't want to say none the worse for wear, but he looked in pretty good shape. You wonder if, maybe as an American, if he was treated better than others. Alexander's family, according to NBC News, told NBC News that Trump had expressed the wish to meet with Alexander during the president's visit to Cutter later this week. I think the President actually is on his way there now, but added that the meeting would be subject to Alexander's wishes and his medical condition. Calling Alexander's release a very moving moment, Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a statement, the release was achieved thanks to our military pressure and the political pressure exerted by President Trump. Hamas confirmed the release earlier in the day, again this according to NBC News. Shortly after Alexander was freed, the militant group set in a news release that the move was part of the steps being taken to achieve ceasefire, opened the crossings and allow aid into the Gaza strip. Hamas now quoting, we urged the Trump administration to continue its efforts to end this brutal war. So it almost sounds as if the Trump administration is being credited by net Yahoo the Israeli government with exerting political pressure that resulted in the release of this American Israeli soldier. He's Israeli, so he's a member of the military. He was captured, he was nineteen years of age, and during these last nineteen months he's had two birthdays, so he's now twenty one, and Jimas we urged the Trump administration to continue its efforts to end this brutal war. It almost sounds as if this point is if Hamas is paying well a bit of a tribute to the Trump administration for trying to end this brutal war. It is interesting, It is interesting. I know that there's a lot of controversy around this offer of an airplane, which we'll get to, i'm sure probably tomorrow, see what people think about that. But at this moment, on this day, I'm not sure what day this is of the administration. Whether it's the one hundred and nineteenth or one hundred and twentieth, I'm not keeping track. This is a pretty good day for the Trump administration. There'll be good days, they'll be bad days, hopefully from their perspective, more good days than bad days. And again, on this day, at least, on this day, at least, the American stock market expressed some support in what he put in motion with Liberation Day. I'm not somebody who felt it was the smartest thing to do, but if it works out to the benefit of the country and the benefit of the world, I'll give him credit for it. And I'm wondering what you thought, what your thoughts are. So I'm gonna open up phone lines. This is as close to open lines as I will come. I'd love to get your sense if you are a supporter of the president's policies and you'd like to take you know, not a victory lap, but certainly take credit for having supported him. If you're someone who's critical of his policies, I mean he had he will have a series of losses as well. Certainly he's still dealing with the courts on many of the immigration issues. But it's been an intense first four months. Well yeah, it's getting pretty close to four months now when you think about it. February March April, those months are done and we're now at the twelve It's been about four months. When you add it up, we're around one hundred and twenty days. I just want to open up the phone lines and give you a chance to talk about it. The other big story tonight, obviously, is the injury to Jason Tatum. The Celtics have gone down three to one to the Knicks. I don't think any of us thought that after their performance on Sunday that they would lose tonight, And of course, no one could have ever anticipated that Jason Tatum apparently suffered a pretty painful and therefore probably serious injury. Don't want to speculate, but did not. Oh good six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Let's talk about a pretty good day on Wall Street. Whether you're an investor or not, all of us have an interest in seeing the American economy doing well. I think love to have you join the conversation, wide open lines right now. Give us a call. Coming back on Nightside, it is Monday night, and it is a night in which things seem to be going in a pretty good direction, both in terms of peace. As an American who now is the head of the Catholic Church worldwide, it's it's been kind of an amazing week. Let's let's hope that that things continue in that direction. Back on Nightside right after this, it's Night Side.
Speaker 1: With Dan Ray Hey, Damn Boston's news radio. You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on w BZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: So feel free to join the conversation whatever your point is. We have talked obviously about the strategies of the Trump administration, and they have been very active in a number of fronts. Whether you want to talk about what's going on in Ukraine, in Russia, the Russian Ukrainian War, and I do emphasize the Russia War, not the Ukrainian War, but the Russia, the war by Russia on Ukraine. What's going on in the Middle East very interesting, what is going on within the stock market, what's going on with immigration. There's a lot to talk about, but let's start it off with Jack in Newton. Hey, Jack, appreciate your calling in love to get your take on what's going on. I know you're not a huge Trump supporter, so go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Well, I was critical, been critical of mister Trump, but I've also believed not to applied for a position with them. That's special envoy. I guess what I didn't get it? Oh, Jack, he doesn't want a progressive even a progressive side.
Speaker 2: And well, let me ask you this, did you actually get a letter back acknowledging. Are you telling me that when the mail didn't come you assumed that you didn't get it or was someone else appointed?
Speaker 3: Well, the first time I sent it in, I got a thing called address rejected or address unknown or something. No, I got a green card. It was signed by somebody at the White House or somebody to be a Greek card.
Speaker 2: You to need a Greek card, you're a citizen. Come on, you're getting it, know what I mean?
Speaker 3: That return receipt, it's pretty chaotic. And then I also applied to be on the Holocaust the board of Trustees, and he got rid of all of those Democrats. And they're all complaining that you shouldn't, you know, weaponize the Holocaust. But you know what, he does have the right to choose his own people if he wants to. Usually in the past it was the chairman who was either a Republican or a Democrat, but the other people one never knew, you know who they were. Sure, So he's done all that's coming in. The Jewish press has come under a lot of criticism for that, so it's a it's very mixed, you know. For somebody like myself who respects some of what he says another I really gets upset about. It's really ambivalent. I wake up one morning, you know, hating the guy. In the next minute, you're confused.
Speaker 2: At this point you're confused. Well, let me ask you this. Can we at least celebrate the release you and I were with at what we were together a little over a year ago at one of the Free the Hostages demonstrations. Can we at least agree to celebrate the release today of the American Israeli young guy twenty one years old who you know, who thankfully was reunited with his family, Eden, Eden, Alexander. Did you see that video?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, very happy. Here's something interesting is that many of the hostage families don't trust Not Tenniahu to release them, but they trust the president. They feel the president will release the other fifty nine alive and dead hostages, and he probably will do it. And that's a very interesting thing, Dan. Isn't it that the Israelis themselves and so do not trust not Tanniyahu to do it, but they do trust the president. What explains that? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that that like any politician, there are those in the La Coud political at sphere over there, trust net Yahu and those on the other side of the Aisle. Done. I mean, there's always a political background to it, but it is interesting. Yeah, I mean, I think Trump is pretty revered in Israel. I think that he is seen as a friend of Israel, and if he ever is able to get Iran to give up the nuclear program. I think if they build a Mount Rushmore in Israel, they'll have his sculpture there.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, they do kind of look upon him as kind of a Messianic figure, I believe it or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's strong. Let me tell you, Jack, that is strong language. I don't look upon anyone that way. But you know what I'm saying, that is a very strong, you know, point of view. Maybe they believe that somehow they're what you're saying, is that is that that maybe some in Israel look upon and you're progressive Democrat, that that some in Israel look upon him maybe being guided. I assume when you use the word messianic, someone who is considered to be Messianic is being guided by the hand of God.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think she feels that way too, after he has survived the assassination. But I really think Israelis do have this feeling that if anyone can bring a solution to a proper that goes one hundred years back and no one has ever resolved it, he might be the Messianic person to resolve the situation piece between the Palestinians and Israelis.
Speaker 2: Well, if that is true, it's gonna drive the Globe editorial board nuts, don't you think?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey, Jack, love you calls. Thanks man. Great to hear your voice. Strong call to start us off. Thank you, my friend. Talk to you soon. Goodnight. All right, let me get one more in here before the break, and I go to John in New York. John in New York, you were next on Nightsaker.
Speaker 5: Right ahead, Yes, hello Dan, How you doing tonight?
Speaker 2: I'm doing fine. I wish I was doing as well as the stock market did today. But close are you.
Speaker 5: Okay? You know I have a lot of different flora one case that invested in that. I'm very happy about it.
Speaker 2: WHOA you got a lot of floral one case? Are you? Are you handling other people's money? I assume you only have one for yourself, or maybe you have more. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well what I mean by that. You know, I got like three or four really from different companies who I held on to the things, you know, when I moved.
Speaker 6: To a new job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got you, got you, No, I understand you roll them over up, I got it. I totally get it right.
Speaker 5: And you know, I just want to mention that I work with people that are negative towards Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: And Trump you're in New York City. If you're in New York City, I assume most of the people are negative towards Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: No, I'm in the country. I live upstate New York, you know, about forty five miles west of Walton, the capitol, Okay, And a lot of people think that he'll never get anywhere with this China tire field. Well, he started the show. Maybe he will, isn't he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it. Look, maybe I don't know how these things work. I'm fairly sophisticated, but I assume that Jizing Ping is no fan of Donald Trump. Maybe they'll smile for the cameras and all of that, but they are our biggest rival. They will be the rival of the twenty first century. They're not rooting for our success. We're not rooting for their success. It's not a game where there can be two winners, there will be one dominant economy in this century, and China is convinced it will be China. Right.
Speaker 5: But the thing is, remember that they need our money and they need to keep their people in those factories making the things which we buy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you on that, and right now that the imbalance of trade is really out of whack, and we got to start selling stuff to them to balance off what we're buying from them. Everybody loves whatever they I mean, we buy so much from China, and Donald Trump basically is saying, hey, we've been giving them a free ride, and the free ride stops now, so how much we'll we'll China go along and say, Okay, we're going to be a big player. We got to we have to have some equanimity with the US and we can still beat them. I guess somehow, someway, that's what they got to figure out. I mean, I remember being I don't know if I ever told you this story. I remember being in Northern Ireland. It was in nineteen eighty two. I was over there working in television for WVZ and we were doing a story on Irish connections between Boston and in Ireland, and we were in a hotel in Derry also known as London Derry, Northern Ireland. And I was shocked because sitting a couple of tables from us in the dining room that morning were four or five guys who are obviously in the the the the uniform of the Chinese military, not the Chinese military, but in the in the dress of the the government officials of China. They were they had, they had a footprint in Northern Ireland in nineteen eighty two. And if their footprint is only expanded in the last forty three forty three years.
Speaker 4: How about that.
Speaker 5: You know, I visited China once years ago for ten days, and I'll tell you in conversation with some young people, from what I saw, the young people don't like that, going all, what.
Speaker 2: Can they do about it? Though the government has all the all the guns and all the money. I know, you know, No, I'm serious, they don't know that.
Speaker 7: True.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know it's true. It's the way it is, yea. And they know that too, and.
Speaker 2: And and and they're now using they're using more effectively. Uh, you know, the TikTok and social media against us, stuff that they don't allow their kids to be exposed to They're making sure that our kids are being exposed to it. There's a whole bunch of things going on here besides the economic balance of the balance of trade. You gotta be they gotta be talking about fentanyl. Uh, the production of the chemicals that that that are made into fentanyl pills in Mexico. The raw materials count from China to Mexico. That stuff's got to stop. There's a whole bunch of stuff in play here. And if Trump is able to strike the deal, that fentanyl goes down, the border gets tied, our economy expands. He could become, you know, a transitional president. He has that that potential.
Speaker 5: So yeah, well I have I have faith in the man. So let's see what happens.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, you keep calling, Okay, I want to hear from those who are supportive and those who are critical. Simple as that.
Speaker 5: All right, John, appreciate you, Ca, Yeah, good night, Now talk to you next week.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, thanks, John, appreciate you. Loyally to nightside. Well again, rolling here, we got the news coming up. Here is six one seven two thirty one line there and six one seven nine three one We're talking about this until midnight, with it without you. I'd prefer to be with you. Coming back on nightside, night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: By the way, President Trump, UH, with this as backdrop. UH left on this four day tour of the Middle East. He will be he left today probably in the air right now. Uh. Stopping in Saudi Arabia could cut her and the United Arab Emirates on a trip, underscoring the deepening economic ties, according to ABC News here between the US and the Gulf Kingdoms. Traveling to a region facing ongoing diplomatic, political, and security challenges, including Iron's nuclear program, the humanitarian crisis and gods in the war between Israel and Hamas, and the fate of Syria following a brutal fourteen year civil war. Trump is expected to focus on business development and trade agreements of following commitments from Saudi Arabia and the UAE to invest hundreds of billions of dollars in the US. On Friday. Oh yeah, so he'll be there Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday to return on Friday, back to the phones. We go going to go to my pal Theodore in Maryland. Theodore, how are you? Thanks for calling in tonight.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm listening and I'm.
Speaker 2: Disgusted, disgusted with what.
Speaker 7: With people and the programs that Trump to supported. He's an abomination.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, let's focus just for a moment on today. We got finally the last American Israeli hostage home. That's a good thing, you.
Speaker 7: Agree for that particular person, Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's a good thing for everybody. Whenever there's an American in trouble somewhere, I'm rooting for that person to get out of trouble.
Speaker 7: Well, why don't you concentrate on Americans that are in trouble here? Him and Elon Musk fired all those people. And I see this, Dan, I'm not a prophet, but everybody who supported that man and who takes pleasure in the fact that he fired those people, kicked them off their job, They got mortgages, they got children in school. Everybody from the high to the low who supported that Manna, They're gonna suffer. They got families. You just watch because it makes no sense to what he's done and all these triples.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you this, Okay, let me ask you this a Devil's advocate question. Do you think that there are any people who are employed in America, private sector or public sector, should ever lose their jobs.
Speaker 7: Well, that's not the point, whether they should lose their jobs. You don't fire people like that. They got contracts, they got unions. There has a way of doing things.
Speaker 5: And the most of my.
Speaker 2: People so far, theater correct me if I'm wrong, and I might be, but most of the people who have left the federal government so far have taken a fairly comfortable buyout. That's something that happens in the private sector all the time. I mean, I don't take any joy in anyone losing their job, Okay, I mean I feel badly when you know, when the Oriols of the Red Sox released some player and say, hey, you're thirty three years old, but you're done. It's the end of the line. Go go coach high school, you know.
Speaker 7: I mean, well, if you well, if I'm not, I'm not that Casper Milk toast about the situation. Most of those people haven't gotten other jobs, and people say that, look at the statistics. Put the must put all those billions up that he saved through so called waste fraud and abuse, that was a lie. They're cutting jobs, they're cutting the National Health Service, people who have serious diseases that we were treating and researching overseas. That's going with a us AID situation, and in my situation, with these people being thrown out of the country, they get a due process. He's talking about Centain Americans to foreign countries and.
Speaker 2: The well holy he's He's made some statements which I think are definitely wrong. But if you find people here who are here illegally. By the way, due process is a concept that everybody has a right to a certain amount of due process, but not everybody's due process is going to be the same. You understand that you and I are US citizens. We have a lot more due process that someone who is here illegally. You can dispose of someone's circumstances.
Speaker 7: If they arguing, likely Lloyds will tell you that that section of the fourteenth of that Amendment says due process. It doesn't say citizens have due process. It's just anybody in the United States.
Speaker 2: I'm not arguing that with you, but I'm not arguing with that with your theater. What I'm trying to say is that due process is a constitutional concept that's enshrined in both the Fifth and the fourteenth Amendment. We understand that everybody agrees with that, at least I do and you do. But the question is then what is due process? So if you're tonight picked up or I'm tonight picked up at a traffic stop, even and we're US citizens, we have substantially more due process than someone who has come into the country illegally. Uh and who whose only due process might be adjudication and an immigration court. Uh And and they haven't asserted, you know, asylum rights or whatever. Uh And those.
Speaker 7: People they still get basically the same due process they want to get kicked out of the country at history.
Speaker 2: I hate to tell you this, but if if you and I were if they threatened you and I with being kicked out of the country, we we would have all sorts of rights. I mean, for example, you know what, and you're a smart guy, you know Whatcherai is. You know that that the cases to be appealed for the Supreme Court to take a case, they have to grant Scherai. Now, if I'm going to say, hey, I want my case to going in front of US Supreme Court. US Supreme Court doesn't take all their cases. They take about two percent of the cases that are that are appealed up there.
Speaker 7: But when you say, when you say due process, okay, due process because I'm a citizen is slightly different. Due process for illegal immigrants who came into this country is to have a hearing before an immigration judge that his due process and it gets he gets sent back and deported to what other country? And my thing is this also, you have a very large audience, and you've had programs on there about how you got your favorite car and mechanics. Why aren't you putting someone on, let's say may performer Governor O'Malley, he worked the head of the Social Good Administration and some workers inform your audience. Because once these plans go in, some of the same programs that a lot of you, a lot of your listeners benefit from, are gonna be cunt And it just seems to me that the Republicans.
Speaker 2: Social security is not gonna be cut Theodore. I mean, I am not going to engage in scare tactics and telling people social security is going to be caught up there may be changes, but I'm gonna be very specific those changes. They're gonna say, Okay, people who are who are, and which have already gone into place. By the way, with prior administrations, it used to be that the full retirement age was sixty five, and then they moved it up to sixty five and six months.
Speaker 7: Well, guess what. Let me interrupt you. All of the people that you listen to, hard working people who called your programs, let me explain what they're gonna do. They are also once they raised the retirement age, the Republicans could make social security basically a sore and solid forever. All they have to do is raise the one hundred and seventy six thousand dollars limit from which they take social securities.
Speaker 2: Well, that's say you're doing well the theatre. What you're doing is your change to the argument, And the argument is, let's do this. Let's put a fifty three percent tax on everything that anybody earns above and beyond their income tax so we can fund social security through the year three thousand and sixty four. I'm in favor of that. Let us just tax the rich so that we have all money and social security through. That's a whole different story there, you know. I mean, you look at a scare people. That's I don't do that on this program.
Speaker 7: I'm not scaring people. I'm just saying this. If you could devote an hour to a mechanic telling people about their cars as you have, if you can devote an hour the people talking about when they got young men or women when they got their first car, teenagers, you seem you would do a service by putting people on there, actual people who glassed the job, who got mortgages, who can find other jobs, of doctors who work at the National Health Associates, National Institute of Health working.
Speaker 3: On cures for this.
Speaker 2: Here's what I want to do, Theodore. I want to pass a law that says, once you're hired. What Once someone is hired by the federal government or also by the state government, they can never be terminated.
Speaker 7: Dan, if I bought if I bought your shares in the station which you own, and I bought fifty one percent of that station, and I fired you summarily, just fired you. Now you have assets which will keep you going for a while, but just fired you for no reason. I have empathy, and I listened to these right wing stations. Down here in Maryland and the dumber parts of the country, you have people actually laughing, laughing.
Speaker 2: I'm not laughing at anyone's misfortune, Theodore. I'm not laughing at a one's misfortune. But what I'm telling you is private businesses. Private company's got a business all the time, all the time. They do it all the time. And private companies lay off people all the time. They lay off people to save the company. And it's it's always oftentimes it's the last one hired.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, you know I wasn't. I didn't get a high rank in the US in the US Army. I was a personal specialist back in the day before they had everything, and I served the country. I did my time. But to class expersions on government workers that they're lazy, that they don't do jo who said that you do was redundant? Who said the Republican will tell you that.
Speaker 2: So, Theodore, we've gone. We've gone ten minutes here, my man, I give you aught more time than others, but I passed my break. I gotta let you run. Keep calling bank.
Speaker 7: You very much.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, thank you for calling. We'll take a quick break on night side we're coming right back. I will get Andrew, you, Scott, Jeff, and Steve. We'll get you all in. I promise. None of you are going to get ten minutes, but I'll get you Allie, and I promise.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on WZ Boston's News Radio. Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm WBZ Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: We have full lines, so I'm gonna crunch everybody. Okay, let me start off with Steve and Virginia Beach. Steve, you gotta be quick for me, buddy, because I got four behind you. Go ahead, Steve, Okay, I will Dan.
Speaker 6: Well, First of all, my opinion of the Trump administration is they had this sledgehammer approach. You know, it's like saying there's a flea in the house, let's get the sledgehammer.
Speaker 2: I agree, and I agree with you.
Speaker 8: And also okay, and the Harvard thing and almost all these things, it's like taking freedoms away. It's like less and less freedoms allowed. If you, you know, sign these contracts or get these law firms in line, there's less freedom. And you know, Boston is the center of like the Tea Party, and that was all about freedom, right, So it's it's also the Constitution. Donald Trump is like not isn't supposed to serve uphold the Constitution and you know, uh protect And it's the executive branch should never completely overshadow the other two branches of the government.
Speaker 2: Well, that that's a struggle that existed. You always have had strong presidents. Roosevelt was a strong president. The Republicans were horrified that he tried to pack the Supreme Court. So it is it is a struggle that exists between certain presidents. Uh and uh. And that's just the way it is. Steve, I want you to call me earlier some night because I think he made some interesting points and I'd like to talk to you longer. I can't give you anywhere near the time i'd like to, okay, because of because the hour is late. But thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 6: All right, I would definitely call back. And you said get your callers to call in because you don't have a sidekick, and I'm applying to be a side to get paid for this call right now from WBD.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks Dave, if I could, I would thanks have a good Hi. Thanks for let's keep rolling here real quick. You're gonna go to Andrea in Boston. Andrea. Hello, Hi, Andrea, welcome, go right ahead.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, I've never got on a radiation before. It's my first time. Okay, I'm gonna be.
Speaker 2: Your's time and give you rid of a pause. All right, real quickly, go ahead, Andrea, you've got the microphone.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 9: So I'm currently a public policy in law double major Urban studies in college. So I'm kind of like learning about all this different stuff government, how the world works.
Speaker 4: And I have two things to say.
Speaker 9: Number one is about the nature of public policy and kind of again what I'm learning about in my introduction in the public policy class right now, about oh, it's really a tool to use what you want to get across. So I feel like that kind of plays into how you think about Trump and why it's important to read into his lines. With every policy, with every executive order, with every thing that goes along, you know, people are gonna be maybe me who leans a little bit more liberal, are gonna have things to say about that and the way it affects people and what is this really gonna do once it's employed. And of course I think the conservative rite to take off of that is well, you know, it's actually doing this and actually gonna go there and actually gonna do that. But the truth is all folic policy kind of serves, serves some purpose, it goes towards some thing, and if it's circular and some nature. But I feel like with Trump, there's so many, you know, ways and reasons to kind of read between the lines of why is he doing this? Is what and what is it gonna do personally as a US citizen, when he's calling the governor of Puerto Rico nasty or talking to to the to the governor of Maine in the way that he did with no decorum, when he's posting AI videos on Instagram of him making Gaza into trump Land or whatever AI pictures of him as the post listen, I am so I have my best I live I live in the Bomb Country, like my dad lives in Boston whatever. I have friends in the suburbs of Boston. Some of my best friends are Okay, look, we don't have to go political, but we can be freak.
Speaker 2: About I don't want my US president. Okay, Andrew, on one thing I got to say, and I want you to call back. Okay, where are you going to school. Where are going to school?
Speaker 9: Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut.
Speaker 2: That's a great college. That's a great college, beautiful campus. I've been there, right. President Obama once said elections have consequences. Elections have consequences, But call back earlier and we'll have a longer conversation. I got three others who I got to get to. I'm so appreciative of the fact that you called. I want you to become a regular caller. Okay, that's I hope that's the deal. Thanks, Andrea. Let me get Scott and Quincy. Scott got to get you in quickly here if I can go right ahead, Scott.
Speaker 4: Well, great show, Dan, Donald Trump is really stirring the pot, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: And you're so for me. The thing that stands out the most is, uh, the the illegal migrants to get into trouble, who are being deported, all these things that are going on. It's my hope, it's my belief that they don't have the same legal standing as a US citizen or legal resident. I don't think they should have the same standing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have due process rights, but they're they're different levels of due process. And Scott, I hate to do this to you, but I'm trying to get everybody a couple. I'm going to get one more in. So let me give you a final more in. No, no, go ahead, give you a final quick thought and then let me get to Ron in Weymouth. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Well, I just hope what comes out of the Trump administration this time around is we define that and code that in law.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well it will be but but but case law case law will will basically will cold that they will not be called quoted legislatively. Thank you, thank you. I got to run. Let me go to Ron in Weymouth. Ron, I got thirty forty five seconds.
Speaker 10: For your to Theodore, try to illegally immigrate into Mexico and see what happens. It's actually a telany and the laws there say that Article WON twenty three, that they go up to two years in prison and a final three hundred to five hundred thousand pesos will be imposed on the far And when is the country illegally FYI to Theodore, wake up, he's just following everything he hears in the media.
Speaker 2: Okay, Theodore is one of my very very committed callers, and he believes passionately and that's why. And I like to have some balance in the program, and I think we had some balance this hour, which is great. Run.
Speaker 10: Yes, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: We should have both sides of every story.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, my friend. We'll talk soon. Okay, Thanks Ron, I have a great night. Okay, we're done for the night. I'm thinking about thirty seconds here?
Speaker 3: What do I have?
Speaker 2: Help me out, Noah, thirty seconds Okay, I've read the clock correctly. I will be on Facebook, nice hot with Dan Ray in about a few minutes, three minutes. I want to thank Noah, want to thank Marita, want to thank all the callers and all the listeners. I wish you a great Tuesday, Enjoy Tuesday. All reminder, as always as I do every night, all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's where my pal Charlie Ray is, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's all your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you loved them. I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see again tomorrow night on night side. Everyone see you on Facebook and a couple of minutes. Have a great Tuesday. Everyone,