Speaker 1: They're all three here. Was I sweating into the last minute? Will they show up? Yes? I was, but they are here, so we appreciate you coming. I want to just say we're going to be I know you guys will be respectful of all three when they come in, and then we're going to ask some questions and it's regular radio, so we'll play a song, but we want to include you guys if you have some questions. We have a microphone somewhere that I think someone will go around and be able to help during songs that you guys can ask some questions if you have any, So think of that. But yeah, we're just really excited that you all were able to make it today. So thank you very much for coming. We appreciate it, and we're gonna go live here in just a second. Cole, did you want to say anything?
Speaker 2: What's up? Everybody?
Speaker 1: I'm going to give this to.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on Nick Lackey? Everybody, Nick Lackey fans. Yep, that's what I'm trying to do. Lacky now trying to get I'm trying to make it a thing. So I'm like subtly dropping in subt lache.
Speaker 3: Okay, should be.
Speaker 1: Yeah probably yeah, yeah, maybe not maybe less time to go to commercial. Okay, have you guys been to a live radio event before? No cussing?
Speaker 3: All right, fifteen seconds.
Speaker 1: Fifteen seconds. Here we go. You usually don't look in faces when I do radio. Just weird. It's one O one point three Katie WV with Fallon and Cult. We're in the sky room. It's like our performance studio here at the radio station. We're a really cool event. We're doing a Love is Blind event. We actually have a live audience. Let him know you're actually here. Okay, awesome looking on the I.
Speaker 2: Feel judge right now like they're gonna be like, oh do they saw get them.
Speaker 3: Off the stage.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like, did you guys all lie about where you are for work today? Are you all sick today?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, I love that. So we're not gonna waste the time. We're gonna bring the cast members in immediately. Shout out to smash Park for helping us host this today. Please give a round of applause to Monica Virginia and.
Speaker 2: Day Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Thank you guys so much for joining. They're all very tall, by the way, it's always hard to tell on TV. I'm also very short, So thank you all so much for coming here. We appreciate it. We're gonna dive in with I think some show questions to kick things off, So we had people, you know, submit some questions, just ones we thought of. So I think the first one is, how are you guys able to keep this a secret for like an entire year?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you want to jump in first? Modish Monica laugh first? So go ahead.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, for sure. It was very difficult. It was very difficult. I told all of my family, of course, because they need to know because I was just gone for like six weeks. I told like my really close friends about it, but it was tough because I'm a talker, so I was like biting my tongue and conversations a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Virginia it was pretty easy for me. Oh okay.
Speaker 6: I told my dad I was going on a spiritual retreat. I was like, if I find love, I'll tell them.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was pretty easy.
Speaker 1: Nobody knew, so nobody know who was on cast.
Speaker 6: Well, some people here, I guess in Minneapolis. Kind of hurt a little bit, but for some reason, I didn't get like a lot of people asking me about it, So that's pretty easy, Dave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say the same thing.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 7: I mean, it was tough, but when the cast got leaked, it was kind of awkward because people kind of knew, but you couldn't really talk about it. And then with my family, I'm sure everybody wants to know that story, but I mean my sister did have a tough time with it in the beginning, like trying to accept like why are you doing this? Like what you can't just like meet someone normally, And I was like, yeah, I can't. So anyway, yeah, it was it was weird for a year. But yeah, yeah, here we are, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Dave, let's just get it out of the way. You brought it up. Sure, did Netflix overly show the sister remarks, do you feel?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean yeah, And I think I was actually thinking about this recently, Like Virginia you can tell on her face, She's like, I had that same conversation five thousand times, you know, in a week.
Speaker 3: And yeah, So I.
Speaker 7: Mean I answered the same question a lot, and I mean did I bring it up more than I should have? Probably, But to be fair, though, it was something that was weighing on my mind, you know, and it's pretty evident that it had a big impact on how I was thinking I was feeling. So yeah, I mean it's I think it's give and take, Like, yes, they asked it a lot, but then I also.
Speaker 3: Talked about a lot.
Speaker 1: I feel like every single comment on all of the social dave people are going in on you. That's kind of like, would your sister approve?
Speaker 8: This?
Speaker 1: Is your sister okay with this is?
Speaker 3: How is?
Speaker 1: How does she feel about this? And how are are you handling all of that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's coming around to it. She to be honest, guys, like she got bullied off of social media. She just could not handle it anymore.
Speaker 3: So I felt really bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's I mean, it's one of those things we get prior like pre training to deal with all this stuff.
Speaker 3: I can't swear all this stuff online and she doesn't.
Speaker 7: So I tried to give her a fore warning, and I think she didn't really realize how crazy it is. I don't think I did either, honestly, Like, going into it, I expected obviously some put some like pushback and negative comments, but not to this extent.
Speaker 2: The moment when you're like talking about your sister you're like, you're not given a tally of like how many times you bring up But then some producer in the background's like, oh, yeah, we could run with this.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 7: But I think, I mean, I think you see that throughout the show they kind of found me like, hey, this guy's not afraid to say things on camera, so they kind of I think they kind of used that, I don't want to say against me, but I was a little more open than a lot of other people were to talk about things.
Speaker 2: Has anybody uh just all that, like, what's your sister think like out in public?
Speaker 3: Or has about Like, No, it's great.
Speaker 7: I mean everybody, it's again if you if you sit in the weeds on social media and online, No, everybody in person has been so much nicer and just wants to They'll ask normal questions.
Speaker 3: Tu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you guys ever do another reality show? And or dating reality show? I'll go mona dating reality show?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not, Okay, okay, it was It was tough, and I think I learned what I needed to learn from a dating reality show. A competition reality show.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Which one's the dream competition show, the challenge favorite?
Speaker 5: Even if I get voted off, I don't know. First day, it's a win in my book. I love the challenge, So yes, virgin.
Speaker 6: I'm not interested in doing another reality TV show.
Speaker 1: I kind of learned my lesson.
Speaker 6: It's hard to when you're on a dating show because you're trying to be loyal to this person and you're trying to have like respect for your relationship but then also be very open and transparent about what's going on.
Speaker 1: So that was really hard to balance for me.
Speaker 6: So I'm not interested in doing it again, even though I really liked this experience. Specifically, I think that this, like dating behind closed doors, is like a really cool thing to do. I don't think other shows offer that same unique opportunity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dave, I totally agree with that.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I feel like I said things that I never would have said in other situations or other.
Speaker 3: Like dating life. But I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean, after I saw what I saw, kind of same as everybody else I dating, maybe not.
Speaker 3: I've heard a lot about the traders or traders how you say it.
Speaker 7: I've never said I don't watch reality TV. So some people were yelling at me about that too. They're like, why didn't you watch before you win? I was like I tried, but I just don't anyway, long story short, I maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is it going to be weird because now people like know all these kind of like intimate details or stuff you would find out in like a third, four fifth day. Is it more difficult do you think going into like dating now because people they kind of have like the upper hand, or like maybe they're trying to like relate in a way where that it's not like genuine sure.
Speaker 3: Do you want to go this way? Okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I'll just say I have not really dated for the past year.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's been such a weird.
Speaker 7: Year going through this whole process and having this hanging over our heads. It's been really weird to like kind of feel like I live a double life almost. I did go on like one two dates with a girl last year who told me we should just be friends. So it happens, I assume, not just women. So yeah, no, I mean I'm open to dating now. I think I think I'm getting in a good place, but still need to learn more about myself before.
Speaker 3: I do that.
Speaker 6: Virginia, Yeah, I haven't been dating. I'm not really interested in dating right now.
Speaker 1: I think there'll be a.
Speaker 5: Time for it.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to come off of all the lessons that I learned over the last year, watching it all back and going through that emotions, but just like loving on myself a little bit more in this season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Monica, Yeah, so I attempted to date a little bit. There's actually a rumor out there on the internet saying there's Monica I had a secret boyfriend, like right after filming, Like no, no, it was like probably five or six months after we stopped filming. I was like casually seeing somebody for like a month, and that was kind of it. And even that, I think it was a little too soon because this was a lot and I learned a lot about myself. So kind of like you said, Virginia, just sitting with yourself and really soaking in those lessons before I can put myself back out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we're gonna take a little break, but we're gonna come back. I have some questions, like you can start thinking about this, who would have been most physically your type before the Pods and some questions like that, we're gonna come We're going to come back and talk more to Dave Virginia and Monica from Love Is Blind on Katie w B. All right, thank you guys. We did say that during commercial just to remind one of the audience members ask some questions too. If you're comfortable with that, Does anyone have anything they would like to ask? Are we all nervous in the back? She's like, boom, I'm ready for it. Okay, let's do Do we have a microphone? This microphone? Could someone run this back to her so we can make sure her question is heard.
Speaker 7: Hey, if you guys can hear me, remind her to like reset if there's like a lot of break like that.
Speaker 1: How did your jobs feel about you taking time off work to do this?
Speaker 7: It was I mean, it was really hard to explain because you don't know if you're going to be gone for three days a week, two weeks, three weeks because I think after the pods and then the vacation, it's about three weeks till you get your phone back.
Speaker 3: So it was very.
Speaker 7: I at the time worked in an industry where I can help. Okay, I think they were open to that.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, yeah, my my job needed me.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, I was kind of interested in exploring this and they had a.
Speaker 1: Team that needed me, so they couldn't let me go.
Speaker 6: I did actually put in my notice because they didn't approve it originally.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I was able to.
Speaker 5: Keep more than I need you okay, And I wasn't working a nine to five. I was helping my grandparents, so we figured out a solution for them, so I was able to go. But now I am working a normal nine to five.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, excellent, thank you. Yeah, Eddie, we have a question here. You want to hand that over please, We're going to come back after a pata a pata Okay.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you can speak too much on this, but mana kai, I know there's been some stuff coming out about Sarah and Joey. Can you speak to that at all?
Speaker 5: I will say that I've done interviews about this, so just you wait, oh wait, whoa.
Speaker 1: Do we know the media outlet? Should it be Katie w B. I'm just kidding. I think we probably another click one before we dive back in.
Speaker 8: Okay, So we've talked a lot about Dave's sister, but Monica, your relationship with your sister was also a really big part of the show, and I'm wondering how that has grown since your time on air.
Speaker 1: We're gonna come back to that. Okay, we have to talk in ten seconds. I apologize, so we'll come back to that. Okay. It's one O one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and Cult and joining us Monica, Virginia and Dave from Love Is Blind. Welcome back. Everybody, make a little nonoy. We do have a live audience, which is very uncomfortable for Colt and I. How do you guys feel about a live audience? By the way, it's good energy? Oh good, good. Okay, So before we played that song, I was curious after you all met up, who would have been most physically your type before the pods.
Speaker 5: Monica, Yeah, so my type is definitely like tall and burly. So Tom, you guys don't really see him a lot, but he was told my type and I've told him like Tom, come on, man, like, why don't we talking pots? But so Tom.
Speaker 6: Actually Devin, okay, yeah, I was. He's definitely my type, height and all of that. I kind of had a good understanding of what he looked like before him. But also Scott, who you guys didn't see Warley cute.
Speaker 1: Reaction.
Speaker 7: I know, well, not to make it weird. I would say, Virginia, I think she knows.
Speaker 1: That are okay.
Speaker 3: But I was told Virginia doesn't like white guys.
Speaker 1: Virginia, I am open to white guys. I haven't in the past usually, but I'm open. I actually saw Virginia doing a little Q and A on Instagram and she's like, I'm opening it up. Short kings, come at me, whoever you are. You know, let's try some different.
Speaker 6: Of course, especially Daniel, like such a husband right right, talked about sure, I'm.
Speaker 1: Married to a short king, very hot. He's got a great butt. So let's not overlook it. Okay, this these are something received on Instagram. It's the transition of seeing each other as awkward for you as it is for us to watch.
Speaker 5: Yes, obviously we all saw my reveal. It was unhinged. I understand.
Speaker 3: I was there.
Speaker 5: I understand I blacked out. Everyone's like, why were you bending down so much? I'm like, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: My body just like did it. So it was weird. Okay, yes, very weird. Okay.
Speaker 6: I said thank you a million times. So that was quite embarrassing to watch back. And I did not remember doing that. So I saw that all with you guys for the first time.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, don't say it again.
Speaker 1: So, yes, very awkward, Dave.
Speaker 7: I honestly, I think it's more awkward for us than the viewers, honestly, Like there's cameras in the ceilings and the walls and everything, and then there's also like fifteen camera people following you as you're walking, you know, thirty yards at each other, trying to figure each other out, and it's it's I keep saying, that's like the most soberly blacked out I've ever been.
Speaker 1: And they don't count you down.
Speaker 6: They just open the door.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, like I get down. They don't know.
Speaker 2: So the adrenaline is pumping and it's like, I don't know what I'm gonna expect. Oh yeah, okay. So when a cast member posts on TikTok about like some drama like maybe it involves you or something, do they do they like reach out beforehand, like Hey, I'm gonna say this, or do you just like open TikTok you have a bunch of like tags, you go to it and you're like, uh, this is coming from left field.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's for me.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I don't know, Monica, what do you think?
Speaker 5: I so I don't follow people, Okay that I don't care to have in my life. Yeah, Like I don't really see it unless like friends and send it to me. But even that, it's like, that's your progative, man, like, go for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Date, I'm new to TikTok. I have no idea how to work it. Never thought I would get one, And then with all this, I was like, might as well, you know, but yeah, I mean there's some stuff thrown out there that I don't know.
Speaker 3: People are entitled to say their.
Speaker 7: Own tell their own stories, you know, tell people what they want to put out there.
Speaker 3: The way you do that, that's also up to you.
Speaker 7: But I don't think it's expected from any of us that you have to like give us a fore warning if you want to say what you want to say, say it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And it's a shared experience, so we all were a part of it. So I think it's kind of natural that like people will ask us and interviews about each other.
Speaker 1: So what's it like watching the theories about you on TikTok? Have there been some pretty wild ones? You've seen that stand out. I know you don't.
Speaker 4: You're new to me.
Speaker 7: I don't like, I don't scroll. I don't know what every time I open it. So, I mean, I've posted.
Speaker 3: Two videos now.
Speaker 7: They both have like over a million views each. Nine percent of the comments and everything is hate. Every time I open it, I'm like, I click it, try to get the notifications off, and then just close it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Monica, have you said anything crazy? Any crazy theories?
Speaker 5: I mean the theory about like a secret boyfriend, right, like pardon me, I wish man. Also people think that like my sister makes all my choices for me, like absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I know, damn damn. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: But nothing too crazy. Some of I mean they're funny. I find them, you know, comical.
Speaker 2: How do you know, because I feel like I would be going crazy. I'd be like duetting and like just sharing like you don't know anything about me, like going crazy on TikTok. How do you have like that restraint? Do they train you a little bit, like, dude, there's gonna be some crazy people saying some things. Avoid it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they do, tell us like production like tell us us kind of what to expect and part of me is like I want to go on and be like absolutely not like, but then that's kind of giving people what they want. How much do you want to put energy into it to keep it going and how much you just want to live your life?
Speaker 1: Virginia, I feel like you were portrayed in a very like quiet way. A lot of people are common like and then when the reunion hit they're like, oh damn, there's her voice. Okay like that. Do you feel like that was a fair representation, like you're a quiet person or do you feel like it was you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, absolutely, I think I am multifaceted. I think that some of the scenes were men and don in the bed or on a couch. I do think I speak to my man a little bit differently at home and when we're in bed, and then at a reunion when we're in front of hundreds of people and I kind of don't like you so much. But yeah, throughout the season, I did push back on things. It just wasn't highlighted. So my big girl voice was also a part of filming, but it just wasn't.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask, like, being portrayed is quiet when you find the guy when it came to the reunion and you were speaking with conviction and you were able to like say what you wanted like a succinct. Wait, how did that feel in that moment? Like it felt great.
Speaker 6: I thought you were going to see more of her during the season, but it felt really great. And I didn't know if it was going to be on there because we filmed the reunion for six hours. Uh, it's cut down to about an hour.
Speaker 3: Jeez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why everyone keeps comment how about those comments that got cut? I'm like, which comments? I won't know what comments got cut?
Speaker 2: So why don't they just put the whole thing out? That's crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well six hours. I mean, let's be honest, we bene a full season, we probably would watch all six hours. Yeah, you know, we're gonna take here's when you were to take a quick break, We're gonna come back. I think about something that was left out of the reunion that maybe you wish they would have left in. We'll cover that.
Speaker 5: Also.
Speaker 1: Another question we got on Instagram was how long did you know you were going to say no before you went down the aisle. I know, Dave, that does not work for you, but for Okay, so we're going to get into that when we come back on one on one point three KDWB. Hey, yay, all right now, Monica, Sorry, I don't know if you remember the question at this point, but if you want to rate, ask it, okay.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So Monica, I just want to know more about how your relationship with your sister has maybe changed since earring, because I was definitely mad at her at first, and then I was like she saw something, Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one hundred percent. Well I was livid with her. I know her obviously very well. She's very blunt and she doesn't necessarily word things eloquently. So after she said that on camera and me, and even after we had conversations where I was angry, I'm like Nicole, like come on, because like I wanted to be with this man, and I'm like, can you at least give him a chance. And she was very adamant. She's like, just just think about this more, Just think about this more. So now I feel like that moment that everybody saw that was like the catalyst to my sister and I like becoming closer and like putting up some boundaries where maybe they weren't there before and having conversations that we've never necessarily had before. So all in all, like it was, it was a good thing, but it was definitely hard to watch and having people like really rip her to shreds from like two minutes of time, that was really hard. But all in all, we're closer, so that's good. Over here.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I feel you didn't know you were getting your exercise in today. Great shirt by the way.
Speaker 2: Hello eyebasking. So do you, guys thirty.
Speaker 4: You think that love is really blind? Or is it rose colored glasses kind of? Is it more of like fantasy thing or do you truly believe that love is blind or could be blind?
Speaker 6: I think love is blind. I think marriage is something a little bit different. Side to align your life with is a big decision, But I think love is blind.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 7: I say that in the show. I say I think love is blind, but marriage isn't. I think that's one of my Now that we're offline, I can say this.
Speaker 1: I think like okay, one one point three Katie w B with Fallon and Cult Dave, I'll let you finish up your thought. We were between songs. We're still asking questions. We have a live audience today, which is very exciting. We have Virginia, Monica and Dave joining us from Love is Blind. Shout out to smash Park for sponsoring today. But Dave was answering the question of do you think love is blind? He's like, right now, I'm on the spot.
Speaker 3: Ye, I was gonna say, I was going to answer it offline.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, Oh that's okay.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll just I just need to tread lightly.
Speaker 1: I think, okay there.
Speaker 7: But I said, I think love is blind, but marriage isn't. And I think a lot of that comes from going through that. I mean you see each process like can you fall in love through a wall?
Speaker 3: Can you get engaged to that person? Does the physical work?
Speaker 7: Does including all your family and friends in this process work?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 7: Does everything line up? And it's really that timeline. I mean it's it's six weeks overall, right, And it's really that timeline. You really need all of that to match up in a six week timeframe. And I think, I mean the people that come out of it that are married, they have such strong relationships, especially after what we saw in Austin of all the former cast, it's very genuine and strong.
Speaker 3: It's really cool. So but it is it is tough because you need all that to align.
Speaker 1: Virginia Monica, how long before walking down the aisle did you know you were going to say no?
Speaker 5: I think I knew the night before. It was very emotional, very difficult, and there were a lot of gut feelings I had throughout filming that I pushed aside, but like when it was crunch time and I was really thinking about it, I also wasn't getting what I needed from Joey, So I think the night before and then I was hoping that something would happen at that day and it didn't sell.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, I think the unraveling of our relationships started when we got back. We just learned more about each other, so over time it was just unraveling. Like I said, I cared for Devin a lot. Emotionally, I was there the morning of. I was still kind of going back and forth. We had conversations, so he was not blindsided. He knew where I stood, but emotionally I did want to say yes.
Speaker 3: That day.
Speaker 6: I wanted to give everybody the yes. I wanted to say yes, but I knew that it was the right decision for me.
Speaker 1: Virginia, did you talk to the other ladies about pre nups. I'm sure I mentioned it.
Speaker 6: They knew that that was what was going on with us, so yeah, I'm sure I mentioned it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Monica, if you don't follow her on social media, she is into fairy porn like I am, and everyone's like, what's going on? Just you know this Akatar? So that's a series and I was like, oh my gosh, and it just really quick shout out when she said that when you were like, basically are into Tamlin and then you get to the next book and you're like, oh, actually he's awful, and Reese is the one I should have been with. I related very much to that. So we'll talk ladies out there. They will totally get this. Sorry, Monica. They I had some questions through social asking if Joey hadn't said I love you, how did you feel a deep enough connection for an engagement and to get to the altar, because I think that was surprising to a lot of us. We didn't realize that the I love yous hadn't been shared.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, we so on on paper everything matched up. We were so similar with so many things in our conversations. It was like wild things that like we both did growing up and like so many similarities, so like our connection was really strong and how we communicated was really strong, like everything was matching up. We didn't say I love you those words. It was like I have a lot of love for you. And we had had a lot of conversations like checking in periodically like hey, it's really stressful, like if we want to do this on our own, like we can walk away, we can walk away. And his answer every time was nope, nope, I want to keep going. So that to me was like, you want to keep going with me, right, You're into me, right, And that wasn't ultimately the case why he wanted to keep going. So it was a very confusing time.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you're just turning on your radio. By the way, we do have Monica virgin yet Dave joining us from Love is Blind. People are curious some behind the scenes things. Do you get paid to do Love is Blind? And if so, is it more as you go along this series, because some people wonder do they stay in it longer because there's more money attached to it. The farther along you go.
Speaker 7: It's not a significant amount of money to where you would be incentivized to stay.
Speaker 1: Gotcha. Okay, Yeah, that's fair, that's fairy. That's a fair that's a fair answer. And they want to know, like for the weddings, do they actually have a reception set up with food and stuff, because like, what the heck if like it doesn't happen, what happens to all the food and everything? Clear it out for somebody that said no, they clear it out like I get some to go containers. No reception if you don't say it, receptionist closed off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I was going to ask you, Monica, how do you feel because I don't I don't know if it's warranted hate. But everyone's roasting Joey for like coming in on the longboard. What's your take on it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So when we were wedding planning and we were talking with the wedding planner and she's like, make this your wedding, like this is your time, whatever you want to do, And Joey made a comment like, oh can I longboards down the aisle? And I laughed. I'm like, oh, could you imagine?
Speaker 1: Ha haha.
Speaker 5: I did not realize. He was furious and found out after the wedding that he actually did I annoyed.
Speaker 2: You swag nice.
Speaker 1: It was a lot. It was a lot. So we were talking about this before we went to break with the reunion filmed for six hours, had to be cut down to just a little over an hour and an Alex Warren performance. So what do you wish they had left? And that was edited out? Whoever wants to jump in first, can?
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel like my main points that I wanted to get across were in there, which I was really happy about. I feel like there was a lot more context that was cut out to different things, Like I know there's been comments swirling online that like I stopped talking to Joey and the family members and why and all of that. Like, there was a lot of context and I answered a lot of those questions. They were just cut out, So some of that stuff would have been nice. But I get it, like, you know, it's an hour long show.
Speaker 1: It is Virginia. I'm happy with what was on there.
Speaker 6: I did speak a little bit more about the feeling of love that we experience in the pods and then the act of love that we get to show each other afterwards, and me not feeling that act of love from Devin. I think that was important but didn't necessarily have to be on there.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Dave, for me, I mean, I.
Speaker 7: Just owned up to a lot of my stuff, and I feel like people saw that.
Speaker 3: Side of me.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm not too good to say when I'm wrong and when I've been wrong, and I thought it was fine. I mean I really just took a beating the first couple of weeks and yeah, and yeah, that was very an emotional, like in hard moment for me, but you know, I got through it. And you know, Lauren's so great that I was lucky that not lucky, but I'm thankful that she's just the way she is because she could lay into me if she wanted to, but she didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt like I felt a sense of relief for you to be able to actually defend yourself a little bit or at least take ownership might be the right word for various things, because even if you're portrayed a certain way on a show, that doesn't mean you're not a human with feelings. And I'm sure that was very, very difficult for you and your family to watch and navigate, and no amount of preparation from Netflix can prepare for that. I'm sure, No, not at all.
Speaker 7: I mean, and I the thing is, it's crazy too, Like even after the reunion too, people are like, Oh, he's full of it, like he's just you know, trying to take away all the negative comments or trying to like save face whatever you want to say. But no, that was just very genuine, honest and I think you can see it on my face.
Speaker 3: At the reunion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're definitely one of the most accountable people. I would say. When I was watching, I was like, Okay, yeah, dude, slid guy, salid guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of people were definitely like not taking accountability on that recinion show. What did you Monica, I feel like you experienced that on that I think Virginia you experienced some of that. I was getting real frustrated with some of these these dodge and and things here. I did want to ask you as well. Everyone has dubbed this the most boring season of Love is Blind. If you're turning on your radio, we have Monica, Virginian Dave with us, and do you think it was actually boring or do you feel like you're just you were just more serious about the relationships than past seasons.
Speaker 3: Sure, you're kind of looking at me, hell go.
Speaker 7: You know, it's a that's an interesting question for me to answer because I felt like they kind kind of just used me for like a lot of entertainment purposes.
Speaker 1: I think you brought it, you brought it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, And I didn't try to do that, to be honest.
Speaker 3: And now I'm kind of losing my train of thought. But what was the question? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Do people call it that boring? Boring?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: So this is kind of my issue with the like where the show is going, because it's like, do we want people that actually really want to get married or do we want to focus on drama? Like do we want to focus on these people that are here for the right reasons and really want to find their person and go to the altars say yes and go through it? Or are we going to try to stir up drama from stuff that really isn't all that important? And I think that's something as you watch our season, I don't know, it's it's almost like they cared more about like can what can we throw out there about drama to get people riled up?
Speaker 1: Did they producers try to like to like ask you things, guide you certain directions to pradd a little drama.
Speaker 3: To be honest, we can't really touch on Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, I respect that. I get that, Virginia. How do you feel about those comments?
Speaker 6: I think Taylor and Daniel's love story made it worth it. Yeah, I think it made the whole season worth it. I think they actually leaned away from drama a little bit on our season, which I appreciated. I think it was more about the love and us finding different connections. I also think like focusing on the prenup and new things that we're experiencing and talking about. I think it generated a good conversation about that, So I was happy with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I would say our season wasn't all boring, but what they showed could be taken as boring.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that they spent like I think that one of the things is a lot of people are like why they do six episodes in the pods? Right?
Speaker 3: We agree?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: Like you said, Dave, I think it's between like do you want it to be a dramatic show, which you want it to be like real connections And I think there's like a fine line to walk there. Absolutely, maybe this season production leaned a little more towards like real connection rather than the drama. So I think you can't please everyone. Some people like if some people won't.
Speaker 2: I feel it's just being like a Midwestern too. You're just kind of like chill and if there's a problem, you just work it out. You try to find like the best way to like navigate it. We're not for the most part some people you know out there, But yeah, I feel like overall it's just, you know, everybody's kind of on the same page about stuff.
Speaker 1: But twenty seconds, well, we want to thank our guests so much, So thank you so much to Monica Virginia Day for joining us today. Please give them a round of applies. We are so honored to have you guys here. If you, for some reason live under a rock and you haven't watched the season of Love Is Blind, go check it out on Netflix and shout out a more time to Smash Park for hosting us. It is KDWB