Speaker 1: It's seven six fifty five KCD talk station. A very abby Tuesday, made extra special because I have in studio right across from me, the legendary Peter Bronson, author of multiple just outstanding books. Also, he was the the the editor and calmness the sins An Inquiry. You got to go back quite a few years. This is when they actually did a lot of reporting on The Inquirer and under his leadership, the Inquirer was judge the best editorial page in Ohio for four years in a row. So that's a real accomplishment. Peter Bronson, It's good to have you in studio. I know you're doing an empower You summinar this Thursday to talk about your most recent book, Promised Land. How the Midwest was One. Welcome back man. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Always fun to be here with you.
Speaker 1: Brian, Oh, it's great. I just I enjoy our conversations me too. Let us again. I got to ask you before we get to the book, before we get to the seminar, empower Youamerica dot org. You can get the details registered to either you know, come show up in person or log in from the comfort of your own home. And thanks. There's always the Dan Reaganell for the entire power of concept. Oh in the lineup of classes, prestic, Yeah, fantastic, Most notably tonight, here's why I'll put a plug in real quick, the which injuries did COVID m r N A vaccines cause? And I interviewed Naomi Wolf on the program And it's going to be an outstanding seminar tonight for those folks who are concerned about COVID. You're gonna learn a lot tonight. Oh amazing eye opener. We're going to be reflecting and people will be writing about that experience in our history for a long long time.
Speaker 2: Now that we're allowed to. Yeah, we're questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all those conspiracy theories has actually turned out to be the truth. Yes, scary anyway. But before we get to the book and get to your seminar or another, I have to ask you what your assessment of the state of journalism, particularly local journalism right now, since you're with the Inquire Back in its heyday, well, that was the go to place for all things local.
Speaker 3: You had a multitude, it was the gold standard. It was, I mean for media in this town and in this region. It was if it was in the inquiry, you could trust it. Yeah, I mean if it said the sun would rise in the west, people would changed the they pull the shades down, you know. I mean it was that good it was. We had when I got here in ninety two, we had three hundred and sixty five thousand circulation. I don't know exactly what it is today, but it's less than that very much. So I have magnitude. But you know, newspapers, when you were talking about them earlier, those are the glory days when newspapers, as they would say today, were a thing. I mean, everybody had a paper, you always. It was the hard copy paper. You read it in the morning and it got you off to your start, and then you come home in the evening and still be waiting there with great stories, a lot of context, a lot of in depth. And the really sad thing I think is that what people really don't notice, and they don't miss it because they don't notice, is that nobody's watching. We used to staff all the meetings exactly everything, city, county, state, just over the entire region, and we were there watching, and so we kept the public officials honest to a great extent.
Speaker 2: Now, look, what's happened.
Speaker 3: Since that has receded, there's just a scandal after scandal, reckless overspending and waste and abuse and fraud, and this is all at all levels.
Speaker 2: It's distressing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, journalists used to hold them accountable exactly.
Speaker 2: That was our job.
Speaker 1: And you'd investigate and dig in and and ask the hard questions and report when people didn't answer, and report the answers when they gave them. Now there's no one in the room.
Speaker 3: And you know, the other thing is that it got to be in the final years while I was still at the paper before I left in two thousand and nine, that more and more there was an agenda in the newsroom and it just got out of control until pretty soon the agenda was running the newsroom. So it would be, yeah, we're going to hold Republicans accountable. Yeah, Democrats, Nats not so much. We don't care. They're okay, they're on our side. It was a clear our side their side thing. And it became harder and harder to have opinions that were conservative or dissented from the liberal orthodoxy to be published.
Speaker 2: In the paper.
Speaker 3: And I mean it really it was crazy that people forgot what journalism.
Speaker 1: Is all about supposed to be objective reporting exactly, and then the editorial page was where you offered your politically biased comments. Yerhaps or man perhaps not, but you know, a reporter would go out into the field and just report the facts and then you would draw your own conclusions and opinions based upon what you read. Now it's all built in this direction, this this this lean and and of course, as you observe, very left leaning these days, but it reduces the credibility of the paper.
Speaker 3: Maybe if you don't have trust, what do you have nothing? That's the only thing you're selling in the media. Yeah, it is trust well, and it's a recipe for obvious disaster. As you note the number of people subscribing to it, even online subscriptions has dropped. Yes, you got to pay for it, and you know you're paying to support sort of left wing journalism and left wing op ed pieces and left bias quote unquote factory reporting. And it's just not so that's how you lose you lose readership. It's just it's again a recipe for failure. I don't understand it. The great scandals that's been uncovered in this dosee investigations is how n s A I D was paying our media to Really they're they're pouring millions of dollars into our media. I mean we're talking about New York Times. We're talking about big platforms Politico, Politico that are on the take from the government they are supposed to cover. Now, how do you do that? That's that's that's just corruption. You're in simple you don't bite the hand that feed you. So over at that left wing rag Politico Online, Politico dot com. I check it out almost every day because I want to see what their side of the of the story is. To provide me with that liberal talking point.
Speaker 2: How do you trust it? But you can't.
Speaker 3: No, And look at NPR National Public Radio. I mean seventy percent of their stories lean way left. Yeah, and what do you know, they're also on the take from our tax dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, I pint. I think the Trump administration is going to be doing something about that. PBS and NPR. I saw an article I guess this morning. I can't remember which source, but it sounded like it was legitimate because of course, the Trump administration isn't interested in funding left wing organization. So, uh, PBS and NPR, maybe your your your your time is due, and you may want to try to swim on your own rather than using the government or the federal taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 3: Well floats, they'll find enough contributions from the private sector and from their supporters who will keep it going.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I firmly believe that, because there are enough people out there that you know, get their news from them, as biased as it might be, but want them to still hang around. But that's how it's supposed to work.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I just always has beneficed.
Speaker 3: It's offensive to me and has been for I don't know, going way way back when I was writing editorials and columns about it, that we would that I would be paying my tax dollars to a government supported media to lie to me. Yeah, and and tell me the government line and the and the left wing Democratic party line of talking points.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean looking at how the changes occurred. Let's again look at the enquire for example. And I hate to be critical of them. I mean, Sharon Coolidg, you come on the program and talk about you know, city Hall. She's one of the few people that ever shows up. But they don't have all creature. There's not enough Sharon Coolg just hired by the inquire to be around everywhere like the old days when you had a whole bunch of reporters. But that's right. Do you think it was colleges that caused this shift? That the left wing ideology and incorporation of that left leaning mentality in college curriculum is what caused journalism to turn into this.
Speaker 3: And I think there was a cohort of my generation that went through the whole Watergate era. That's when you had this big bulge in journalism school enrollment and graduation, which was the one that went into the newsrooms and began to push an agenda. The older editors who had been there for a long time resisted, but they were quickly outnumbered, and the newsroom became more and more assertive of its quote unquote rights and privileges to direct news. The publishers became weaker, just like as you saw on college campuses, where the administrations became more and more spineless. The more the protests that they faced, the more they would just cave because it was taking the path of least resistance, And that happened in newsrooms to a lot great extent. I watched it happen, and that Cohort began to enforce an orthodoxy as they rose up from reporters to become editors and managing editors, and they were the bosses, and they would be the ones that would say, hey, I want you to shape the story this way, or this story is not acceptable that one is. So there you have the gatekeepers, right, and once the gatekeepers have chosen a side, you really lose credibility in the community because people know it and they can see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, you know, of course the fifty five Carse Morning Show tainted with a little ill libertarian bias. As you said, you can see my stack that I'm surrounded with, and I've pointed out many times over the years I've been in radio, and this is nineteenth year for me. At the end of the week, I'll have more than a full ream of stories paper sitting next to me that I never got to. Yeah, and I have to exercise some sort of editorial discretion. Shared's topic I want to go to. And some people may disappointed I didn't talk about this story or that story. But it's up to me, you know, like it was up to Walter Cronkite when you watched him. He's got a million different stories he could cover. He picked that one or this one.
Speaker 3: And it comes down to the sources you interview. Exactly who do you choose to interview. I mean, we all knew in the j profession, in the newspaper business that you could choose, pick and choose experts quote unquote experts who would tell it, would say whatever you want. You just call up and say what do you think? Do you think that this DOS thing is out of control? And they get the hint, yes, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we used to hire experts when I was a litigation attorney, and quite often in the legal profession, the experts can find what you want them too. Fine, it's amazing, that's.
Speaker 2: What they're really expert at.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, and make a credible case for it. We'll continue with Peter Burns in in the hour in studio, which is just a true blessing. Seven to seventeen right now, fifty five K City Talk Station. A strong recommendation of folks out there. I want you to save a whole lot of money, but I want you to better medical insurance. How can you get better medical insurance for less money? It starts with a call to cover since you John Rowman and the team at Cover Since you do this every single day, they work for you. They're your broker, but they have access to more than two hundred different insurance companies with literally thousands of different policies. It's what they do is they put a package of different policies together, so you get dollar one coverage for a whole host of services. You get your catastrophic coverage covered. You don't have to pay a whole lot of out of pocket liability or sometimes zero out of pocket liability, all for less money. It's truly amazing. If you're a small group and your employees are upset with what they're paying for insurance and the terrible coveries they get, Like man, I got to spend that much money before it even kicks in. You you owe it to yourself. Your business is bottom line and your employees satisfaction and happiness. To get in touch with John Roman and Cover Sincy won't cost you a dime. They do a deep dive look at every single employee individually and figure out what's best for each individual. You can improve your company's bottom line. Ask my friend Jeff, tens of thousands of dollars in increase bottom line, while his employees have better medical coverage, they're all extremely happy. Starts with a phone call five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five to get the ball rolling or easier. Go to coversincy dot com as a form there, fill it out as much as you can and they'll get right back to you. The information's confidential. They won't sell with anybody, and they certainly won't give your information to anybody else working for you. It's worth the call again, No out of pocket responsibility to you. Coversincy dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: There's over Channa nine. First one to weather work. Ask Forecastrothers says we'll be having mostly cloudy day to day, chance raining this sat no more coming later in the evening fifty nine for the high today. At rain arrives, they say between eight and nine pm this evening they'll drop to forty nine overnight. Tomorrow'll see high sixty. But apparently it's going to be raining pretty much all day down to thirty four overnight, so the rain may turn into snowshowers and then on Thursday just mostly clouds and a high of forty two. For right now it is forty five degrees. If it's about KRC City Talk Station, time for traffic.
Speaker 2: Update from the UCL Triffhic Center.
Speaker 5: When it comes to multiple sclerosis, trusts the experts at u See Gardner and Neuroscience Institute for Innovative and Comprehensive Care Learn more at u S health dot com. Westbound two seventy five sloughs of it near Ward's Corner, suthbound two seventy five break lights from Laurensburg Ramp onto the bridge. Add an extra three to four northbound seventy five between Buttermilk and Kyle's. In southbound seventy five closer to a five minute delay in Ava Locklin Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty two to fifty five KRCD Talk Station Brian Thomas with Peter Bronson and Studio. In addition to being an author, he's also a publisher Chili Dog Press dot com where you find Peter's publishing company. And if you are a budding writer and he aspired to be a writer, he's a good man to know. He's written so many wonderful books and the subject matter of his seminar this Thursday, he Empower You seminar The Promised Land How the Midwest was one that's a that's a kind of a deep dive into the region's history. You go pretty far back, including the mound builders. Yeah, the Native America thirteen thousand years ago. Yeah, really amazing. I remember as a student in K through twelve I cameraber what grade I was in, but K through sixth grade we went out and saw the mounds up in Serpent momb Serpent Mountains, Yeah, up near Chili Coffee, And that was an amazing experience.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: That's an amazing thing because really, if you're on ground level, you really can't even make.
Speaker 2: It out right, I know.
Speaker 3: So how did they know to make the snake that can really only be seen as an entire snake including ahead and tail, And you can only tell it when you're like three four hundred feet in.
Speaker 1: The air and there's no elevation that right. It's really amazing, it really is.
Speaker 3: And there are mounds like that all up and down the Ohio River right here in our community.
Speaker 1: And some of them miner standing is haven't been really discovered to be mountains.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: So there's still mounds out there that have the remains of Native Americans and trinkets and artifacts in them, but there are trees growing on top of them. Mouth they've been incorporated into the landscape. They haven't been excavated or explored. And some of them had amazing again engineering that was defied anything we understand about these cultures, because how did you make a circle that's a perfect circle that's a half mile across without any tools of surveyoring like transit or any of this stuff.
Speaker 2: So how did they do this?
Speaker 3: And they moved all that earth with baskets, Yeah, tons of earth for.
Speaker 1: No caterpillar trucks involved in the building of the mounds.
Speaker 2: Really just amazing stuff.
Speaker 1: It is them into their ingenuity and still a mystery I suppose the reason why, Yeah, everybody needs to bury their dead. But the idea of where this concept came to make these real interesting mounds is, I guess, remains unknown.
Speaker 3: Some of them are parallel what we would see in the Aztec and Inca cultures, almost pyramidal, and that some of them have a lot of burials, like even groups of young women buried at the same time, meaning human sacrifice we see evidence of in some of these mounds. They've seen evidence of cannibalism, no kid, Yeah, very dark stuff. Serpent worship, human sacrifice, cannibalism. That parallels again the Incas and the Aztecs and the Mayans. So this was a pretty dark culture. But it was also very sophisticated in trading, because you'll find minerals that can only be found in the Rocky mountains right here in Ohio. You'll find shark's teeth from the Gulf of Mexico. They that are found in Ohio.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Copper from the Northern Peninsula in Michigan right here on the Ohio River.
Speaker 2: So they suggest trading doesn't believable.
Speaker 3: Trading network, distant trading thousands of miles away, and coral and beads that you know you don't have turquoise and coral here in Ohio.
Speaker 1: Well, read all about it in Promised Land, and it's just one little tiny sliver what's contained in there. Coming up, we're going to find out about the Twin Sisters that save Texas. That's a locally related story. And you'll find in the Promised Land how the Midwest was one more. Peter Bronson, take a quick break here and mention my dear friends at Bud Herbert Motors. They're on five generations, five generations of Herbert family ownership and operations. They're there to help you with all of your lawn equipment needs. They only carry world class brands, the Krem of the Crop, John Deere lawn tractors and Compact utility tractors, X Mark Mower's steel power equipment. I've got a bunch of steel power equipment from Bud Herbert, and of course my Honda Professional le push mower, the last mora I'm never going to have to buy. According to the Herbert family, it's what you get the best one pull. It starts every year, and I get it service from Bud Herbert. They service everything they sell. They'll deliver to your home. Try that with a box store, and don't go to the box store. You're not gonna be working with a family member who cares and has concerned about the customer. You're gonna be getting inferior equipment. I know this from personal experience, which is how I ended up with Bud Herbert Motors after that terrible box store experience. So don't bother with that. Go directly to the best. You tell the Herbert family that Brian said hi, because when you call, you'll be working with a Herbert family member. Online, you find more information at Budheerbertmotors dot com Budherbertmotors dot com. Five one three five four one thirty two ninety one. That's five four to one thirty two ninety one.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Time of the nine first forty weather forecast botty. Day to day, I have fifty nine, a little bit of rain in the afternoon. Perhaps rain's supposed to kick in at earnest sometime this evening eight nine pm overnight low of forty nine. The rain will continue Tomorrow it'll be windy as well. High have sixty, then down to thirty four. The rain may turn to snowshowers, and on Thursday we get a mostly cloudy day and a high have forty two forty three degrees. Right now, time for traffic from the.
Speaker 2: UCLP Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: When it comes to multiple sclerosis, trusts the experts that you've seen. Gardner Neuroscience Institute for Innovative and Comprehensive Care and learn more at use help dot com northbound seventy five getting heavier out of Erlanger into downtown. I had an extra ten close to that southbound seventy five out of Evendale down to the lateral report of an accident inbound seventy four at Beakman. There's a wreck with injuries on by pass four at Hamilton Mason Ingram on fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty Here fifty five krs you talk station Bright Thomas with Peter Bronson in studio talking about his seminar, at least in part. We have multitude of topics to talk about with Peter, and I've invited him to stay after the top of the our news because brightbart inside scoop not happened today. Their PR person is out six, so we didn't get in a bite Bright part person lined up. But Peter, just a racon tour jack of all trades and master of many will have lots of subjects to talk about. Let's move over to the book Promised Land, which is the subject matter of your Your Empower Youth Seminar and Promised Land. How the Midwest was one? Tell my listeners a little bit about the twin sisters who saved Texas Cincinnati's Twin Sisters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an amazing story. I just love finding these stories and then doing the research to put flesh on the bones and find out. For example, you hear these stories and you go that can't be true, and then you start doing the research and you go, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: It is. Well, okay for budding writers out there, okay, how did you come across this? The general subject matter, it has to start at some point and you apparently heard about this or came across it somewhere and then developed it as a topic for research.
Speaker 3: So what happens a lot of times is when you're doing research, you'll just run across little like markers or cookies, let crumbs left behind from somebody else's research, or they'll just refer to something and you'll go, well, that's really interesting, and then you start diving in and pretty soon half a day later, you know you're following these threads. And this really is the golden age for research because everything is right at your fingertips on that keyboard.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 3: And if you know how to verify and support, like from three different sources or so by the time I was done, I was going I was signing up for subscriptions to some academic research sites where people publish their papers, so I'm getting all this academic research, and it was really amazing. It's just a great story. Up until even the nineteen thirties probably or forties when since when Texas celebrated their independence, they always made a point of expressing their gratitude to Cincinnati, to the city of Cincinnati for saving their independence at the Battle of San Jacinto in eighteen thirty thirty six. And if not for Cincinnati, they would have lost that battle, and that was the key turning point that won independence and defeated Santa Anna.
Speaker 1: No kidding, true, well, who are these sisters? In what connection did they have to Texas?
Speaker 3: The twin sisters was a pair of six pounder cannons. Now until when Cincinnati, when Texas was defeated at the Alamo and a terrible massacre, and it outraged the nation because Santa Anna butchered all the prisoners who were surrendered at that battle and just mutilated their bodies. It was just beyond barbaric and the nation was outraged. And Texas sent a secret agent to Cincinnati, which was the nearest big city the queen City of the West, and Texas was at that time part of Mexico. They were fighting for desperately for their independence, and they sent this secret agent.
Speaker 2: His name was Picky Ewn Smith, Great.
Speaker 3: Texas, no kidding, and he came to Cincinnati, and all the leading citizens of this city, judges, congressman, newspaper publishers, the mayor, all the elected officials gathered and they heard this guy beg them and plead for help, and they agreed. They formed a committee called the Friends of Texas Committee, and they risked their freedom and their fortunes and their everything by violating the Federal Neutrality Act to send aid to Texas. And so they smelted these two cannons, and they found us a shipping, a ship's captain who would smuggle him down to Texas. And they shipped it down there, complete with ammunition and the caissons and the carriage, all made right here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: That is cool. I think the part about the defiance of federal law. Something there knows that this neutrality law and say, now we're going to do something right and help them out.
Speaker 3: Exactly they knew because they had bought the battle to win Ohio from the British and the Indian Confederation. They knew what it meant to be in a desperate fight for freedom and for your land and for independence in this new country. And so they were just the same generation, just one removed from their fathers who had fought the battles to win Ohio.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's like it's recent in their recollection, early eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the same names, all these men, and they risked everything, they saved Texas. The cannons arrived, as it turned out, in the decisive battle, precisely in time to help Sam Houston put those in the middle of his line at the Battle of San Jacinto, where San Annam was not aware that he ever had cannons, because he didn't until that point. And when the Mexicans attacked and he opened up with those cannons, it completely turned the battle.
Speaker 2: That just two cannons, just two cannons, that's all it took.
Speaker 1: That's that's what's wild, along.
Speaker 2: With a lot of very brave Texas well.
Speaker 1: Of course you didn't have an army there, but just the idea that a couple of cannons can turn the tide of war.
Speaker 3: They were outnumbered and they still managed to. Not only did they defeat him, they captured him, took him prisoner, and they stripped him of his sword and his weapons, and his dagger, which was about a foot and a half long, probably in a gold scabbard be crusted with jewels, was taken from him and was gifted to the City of Cincinnati in gratitude for those cannons that's still around. No, Unfortunately, it seems to have gone missing. Okay. Curator of some museum walk office see him for a long long time, we believe, And when I asked him to track it down, they said, we have it in our catalog, but we cannot find it.
Speaker 1: So what's right there next to the arc of the Covenant in a box?
Speaker 2: Somewhere?
Speaker 1: Right seven thirty six will continue more stories with Peter Bronson here in the morning to the studio morning show Studio seven thirty six. Right now. If you've got kerc DE talk station, get your car to Foreign Exchange, have an imported car, you needed a foreign exchange experience. You'll be appreciative of taking my advice because they are wonderful folks at Foreign Exchange. Good morning to my friends at Foreign Exchange, and thanks for helping me out all over the years having the cars repair to my satisfaction. I always leave with a full warranty on parts and service, as you will. So whether your car is European, traditionally European, or traditional Asian, you can go to Foreign Exchange and the main reason you go there is to save money. I'm not going to be critical of the quality of the mechanics server at the dealership. I know that Foreign Exchange mechanics are ase masters, certified technicians. They have access to all the manufacturers technical information. I know you're going to get that warranty and you're going to leave with more money in your pocket. Money saving is always important in my life, and more so when we have all these inflationary pressures. And trust me, the price of repairing the cars has gone up if you haven't handed your car pair or lately, gird your loins on that. But you don't have to guard as much at Foreign Exchange because they're really great on price and again superior customer service to reach them. The Westchester location is my favorite location. That's the Kylersville exit off of seventy five Go east, hangar right on Kinglin five one three six, four four twenty six, twenty six, five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. Tellon Brian said, Hi, please online foreign xform the letter X dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Courty of Channel nine. We've got a mostly cloudy down our hands, maybe a little rain this afternoon high a fifty nine real rain comes in and between eight and nine pm cloudy and wendy today are overnight little forty nine. I have sixty tomorrow. It'll be remaining windy and rain all day on and off overnight. Lottle thirty four. The rain could turn into snow showers. Be careful and on Thursday, mostly cloudy with a high forty two. It's forty four degrees right now. But you got kercity talk station traffic time.
Speaker 2: Chuck from the UCLP tramphis cent.
Speaker 5: When it comes to multiple spoross, trust the experts at UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute for en of you Know and comprehensive care.
Speaker 2: Learn more at you see how dot com.
Speaker 5: Two car accident inbound seventy four near Coal Rain adds to the delays. From above Montana, there's a wreck on the sixth Street Viaduct ramp, the southbound seventy five southbound seventy one now backs to Fieldsirtle and a wreck with injuries by pass four between Hamilton Mason and one twenty nine. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty one at a five KRCB talks station, Happy Tuesday, Peter Bronson in studio talking about a little little insight into his empower youth. Someone are coming up with this Thursday seven PM's the star time you're gonna hear from Georgia Brenhaman. Also in his Wellness or Restore Wellness dot org he's all about nutrition these days, so there's that component. And then of course Peter Bronson talking about Promised Land, how the Midwest was won, some just fantastic stories that nobody's ever heard about. I'm glad he's he did all the research to let us know about our regional history. The last time you were here right after you released the book, and I was pretty blown away by it. The description of Ohio versus Kentucky. Kentucky was what you described as a safe place to be yes by comparison, whereas Ohio, I mean you lived on the edge of danger literally every day your life because of the confrontations with the Native American trucks were in our area, and that everyone, you know, risked eminent death when they walked out the front door.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you had to stay in these little what they called stations today we'd call them stockades. A lot of those stations were barely bigger than the footprint of some of the bigger homes in Indian Hill, for example, So you'd have all these families crowded in here. In some cases, the women did not leave the walls of that stockade for eight or nine months at a time because the Indian depredations were so terrible. During one four year period, fifteen hundred these settlers were taken.
Speaker 2: By the Indians.
Speaker 3: Now you have to put that in perspective and say they probably weren't fifteen thousand people settled on the Ohio side of the.
Speaker 2: River at the time.
Speaker 1: Sizeable percentage.
Speaker 3: Yes, So your wife, your children, your husband, your brother, your daughter, your uncle, all your family could be taken, or maybe three or four of them at a time. They would be if they were too much to handle, if they were difficult, they would be tortured for days at a time for the entertainment of the tribe. They would be scalped in many cases and left to die, murdered and mutilated. Or if they decided to sell them to the British, they could get one hundred dollars for live hostages and fifty dollars for a scalp. So they would march them from Cincinnati what would then be known as the early days of Fort Washington. They'd march them from here all the way to Detroit on foot, and if they survived that, then they'd be sold to the British for.
Speaker 2: One hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: What did the British do with them.
Speaker 3: They used them as slaves, indentured servants, domestic servants working in their fields in Canada, whatever they wanted. The British were ensconced in Canada, and they were paying the Indians to do this terrorism on the settlers to keep us from expanding into Ohio, which they were there planning to take all this land for Canada. The British were trying to make sure that the settlers didn't come west.
Speaker 1: So the Native American culture tribes in our area worked with and cooperated with the British so that the British could ultimately take over Ohio. Did they do the next step in that process, which meant that the British would probably then turn against the Native Americans.
Speaker 3: Well, as it turned out, they did turn against the Native Americans at the Battle of Fallen Timbers because it took us three campaigns, military case campaigns that George Washington organized. George Washing Washington is really an unbelievable hero in so many ways, but in the history of Ohio he is a key player. He was back in those days, if you were a surveyor, you were kind of like the Indiana Jones of that day. Oh yeah, that was like the boldest, craziest, most courageous thing and adventurous thing you could do. And George Clark, yeah, And George Washington was a surveyor in the Ohio Country, so.
Speaker 2: He knew this land.
Speaker 3: He knew what it meant, how beautiful it was, clean water, great soil, timber, abundant wildlife for hunting. And he was determined to make sure this became part of the Young country. And he knew the British were paying the Indians to terrorize the settlers, so he organized these military expeditions to defeat the Indian Indian Confederation of mainly Miami and Shawnee tribes, and the first two ended in complete disaster massacre, Uh, just despair, demoralizing defeats where and one battle was the second one was called the Battle of the Thousand Slain because that's how many people were massacred by the Indians. And that all discouraged the people in Ohio so bad they almost packed it in and left.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean, I'm thinking about being stuck in one of these these these forts or stations did you call them?
Speaker 2: What kind of life is that? It was horrible.
Speaker 1: It had to be.
Speaker 2: It was in the winter.
Speaker 3: You could starve, yes, because it was so difficult to get out of there and hunt, because every time you go out and hunt you might lose somebody in your party to the Indians who take, you know, take their gun, take the guy and torture him or sell them. And it was just it was terrible what these people went through. Uh should make us all very proud of the stock we come from. Yeah, these are some courageous people.
Speaker 1: Oh man, we'll continue with Peter Bronson again. We're going to hold him over after the top of the air and news. So much to get through. First word for QC kinetics. Now I get asked about it all the time, so I don't know if you're a great candidate for QC kinetics. Let me ask these several questions. You got pain, all right, that's quite you know. One thing established here this is for folks that are dealing with arthritic pain. Is their quality of life impacted by that pain in your knees, your hips, shoulders, or other joints. You have trouble sleeping or walking, just day to day movement, getting out of the bed in the morning, putting your feet on the ground. How about this? Do you want to avoid surgery? You've been down the pain medication and the steroid shots. You want to avoid surgery that your doctor's already talked with you about, and the recovery time and the uncertainty that goes along with that. Finally, do you miss doing the things you love because the joint pain is just simply holding you back? Walking, golfing, picking up the grand children, that kind of thing. Yes to any of the four going you're probably a great candidate for QC kinetics. So why not take them up on their free consultation. It's free learn how the latest advances in regenerative medicine can get you lasting pain relief with no drugs, no surgery, and zero downtime. Schedule the deployment. Find out if it's the right thing for you to do. Call QC Kinetics five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine QC Kinetics at five one three eight four seven zero zero one.
Speaker 4: Nine fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: If you've been waiting for the present, here's your nine first one to weather forecasts. Clouds today, maybe a little rain this afternoon one up to fifty nine degrees. Got rain coming in the area more heavily at about eight nine pm last and overnight forty nine for the overnight low sixty to the high. Tomorrow, we'll have a rainy day apparently all day, or at least on and off. That rain may turn to snow overnight. It's going down to thirty four degrees. And then on Thursday I have forty two with mostly cloudy skies forty three degrees. Right now, time for traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: When it comes to multiple sclerosis, trusts, the experts at the UC Gardener Neuroscience Institute for in of They in comprehensive care and learn more. Had you see help dot com plenty gets slow traffick to deal with on the highways, including southbound seventy one which is running close to an extra twenty minutes now from a bult Field journle down to Red Bank. Same for northbound seventy five close to a twenty minute to lay out of Florence into downtown. They cleared the wreck inbound seventy four near Montana Chuck Ingram Moon fifty five care see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty one at fifty five kr CD talk station Very Happy Tuesday Extra Special. Got Peter Bronson in the studio kind of getting a little history lesson here for our region based upon his book Promised Land. How the Midwest was one subject matter of his discussion Thursday beginning at seven with George Brunheman followed by Peter Bronson for an hour. He'll have books there, signed copy of his books for sale, so if you want to get a copy, show up at a seminar. But you'll certainly enjoy the discussion. As I am this morning, just again scratching the service and the material in the book, and Peter writes a great, great book. So there's quite a few of them, ev and I will recommend each and every one of them to the listening audience. Peter, we were talking a little bit. You you mentioned on air that when these local tribes would capture the settlers. Yeah, that I think. The worst thing you said out loud was that they sometimes would scalp them but using and take them up to the British and sell them off as slaves. That wasn't bad enough, but off air you mentioned they also are rather ingenious at at torturing them.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And and the thing is it was creative brutality, cruelty, whatever you want to call it. But the thing that there was brutality on both sides because as anybody can imagine, if you lose your wife, your daughter, your children to uh people who capture them and butcher them or kill them or sell them, that make you pretty in the mood for revenge. Yes, So the brutality is goes both ways. Let's not underestimate that. However, the the thing that really that I found that separated what the Indian tribes did and the white settlers did is that the Indian tribes would torture people for days at a.
Speaker 2: Time for the entertainment of their entire tribe.
Speaker 3: Everybody would get in on it, the the women, the children. They would they put somebody at a stake and burn them slowly to death and torture them constantly through the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It's just beyond belief. How what agony those poor people went through. And this was entertainment. Now, the settlers certainly did their share of scalping and murder and brutality and weapons and war, but they did not torture.
Speaker 1: That way and prolonged agony.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that you have to go farther back into European culture, like.
Speaker 1: You the Inquisition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then you find the same kinds of torture going on, but not not in this country, not with the settlers.
Speaker 1: So did the native tribes cooperate together. You mentioned the two the Shawnee and the.
Speaker 3: Shawnee and the Miami, and then you had the Ottawas from Michigan. You had all kinds of tribes all over the Pottawatamie, they all of the over the Midwest. They formed a giant confederation.
Speaker 1: Because oftentimes they fought amongst themselves.
Speaker 3: Right and these confederations were hard to keep together. But the British were behind the scenes engineering all this. They're providing the knives and the muskets and the and the encouragement, the promises that if you if you can keep torturing and capturing and killing these settlers, then you're going to keep this land. Well actual, the British always planned to take the land for themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so at one point.
Speaker 3: Or another they would have turned on the Indian tribes anyway.
Speaker 1: Sounds a little bit like we were trying to do in Afghanistan on the various sheiks and local tribal leaders, getting them to you know, cooperate with us and trying to get them to cooperate with each other. Yeah, that didn't work out too well.
Speaker 3: And what's going on in Israel today with Iran using Hamas as their proxy. That's the way the British used these tribes. These tribes were already motivated to kill. This was their land. They considered Ohio as their sacred land. So it was that's why it was more dangerous than Kentucky, which was kind of an open hunting ground for all tribes. Now there are a lot of depredations in Kentucky. Don't get me wrong, it was a very dangerous.
Speaker 2: Place to be.
Speaker 3: But by by going into Ohio that was like the line you shall not cross. And when we did move into Ohio, and the funny thing about that is to get that area settled. They told the veterans of the Revolutionary War who had defeated Great Britain, we can't pay you. The Treasury's broke, but we will give you land in Ohio and good luck settling it. Yeah, be careful, build a fort. First, you fought a war.
Speaker 2: Now you're in for the battle of your lives.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break. We'll do the top of our news. We'll bring Peter Bronson back since Brake part is not on today, but we will hear from Daniel Davis for the deep dive at eight thirty Ukraine, Russia and what was a little bit of a breakdown at the Oval Office. Daniel Davis take on that at eight thirty be right back.
Speaker 2: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 3: Every day, America's deadline is over.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the clock station. This report is sponsored by Okay, I right.
Speaker 1: Something, It's about to be dug up. What News will be next Well, I'm not a prophet.
Speaker 2: The Glenn Beck Program week days at nine on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Eight oh five fifty five KRC Detok Station. I'm very happy toesday Tea about on the hour Daniel Davis deep dive on the well spiraling out of control situation with Ukraine Russia and the Oval Office which is cut off funding to Ukraine. I guess most recent development couldn't see that common given the seemingly callous attitude of the President vladimirl Zelenski when he was in the Oval Office, maybe predicated by some suggestions from Democrats going on ahead of the meeting that he present a hard line and in front of Donald Trump and JD. Vance and maybe for a comment, a useful comment or thought on that. The incomparable brilliant Peter Bronson remains in the studio and we were talking about this off air, and I thought, you know what, why not just go ahead and engage in this conversation on air. Sure, sure they can't you created, I think no one believes they can win, No nobody with any credibility.
Speaker 3: No even the State Department, although they covered it up and concealed it.
Speaker 2: From us.
Speaker 3: They had way back at the beginning of this whole, this whole battle, they had a report that they did that said, quote, this situation in Ukraine is a catastrophe that can only result in a prolonged, unwinnable.
Speaker 1: War, and we are prolonging it. And the consequence of our prolonging it by fighting this proxy war by arming them is the casualty count has just gone through the roof, and ye don't have enough young people to go and fight the wars anymore.
Speaker 2: And for what for what?
Speaker 3: What is you have to really ask what is the motive of these administrations like Biden to go on telling us that this is going to be when we're going to win, that we're going to be there as long as it takes. Why what is the possible reason for us to keep pouring all this this money and treasure and weapons that are in turn being sold on the black market back to our enemies in Central America? What the heck is going on? We've been lied to so much it's it's really hard to unravel at.
Speaker 1: All it is. And then one of the fun facts you pointed out, and something that fell was not on my radar, And I know a lot of the things that are coming out with DOJE and USAID and all the ridiculous millions and billions of dollars that they threw at every stupid cause out there. You said that they were funding Ukrainian media.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, like ninety percent of Ukrainian media was taken money from USAID, which was a covert arm of our State Department under the Biden administration. Yes, CIA, if if you say you're from the State Department, you really mean you with the CIA exactly. Only the difference is the CIA has to get a presidential finding to do something really ugly, and at least the president knows USAID didn't require that. They can do whatever the CIA wants to do but can't do. And they were manipulating the news in the media in Ukraine, coming up with these really ridiculous hoax stories about the ghost ace that was downing all these Russian meigs and it turned out to be a bunch of video from a flight simulator. I mean it was, It's just crazy stuff. And this was funded by our State Department to send these lives through you can launder them through Ukrainian media and then funnel them back into our media, which just swallows the hook line and sinker because they're all on board for this unwinnable war.
Speaker 1: Well, and I guess part of me really is has been I've been asking this question out loud for a long time once and I understand the the seemingly existential threat that the Soviet Union we faced. The Soviet Union, obviously they had a lot of nuclear weapons. Obviously they had aspirations and designs to spread their communist philosophy around the World's the reason we got into Vietnam, which of course we all know how that worked out. And of course the East German countries after FDR sold them out at Yalta, they were right up against our partners in Europe. So I understand that that sort of again existential threat. Oh my god, the Russians are going to roll in and take over Europe. So but with the fall of the Iron Curtain and the collapse of the Soviet Union's economy, why didn't we use that as an opportunity to open the channels and work cooperatively with them, and with them they have things that we want. We know that we have things that they want. Help curtain felt because they wanted blue jeans for God's sake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's crazy, isn't it. You have to ask these questions, why why are we being manipulated to choose that Russia is now our major enemy when actually the enemy that we face, the real exits, existential threat to our power and freedom.
Speaker 2: Is China. Absolutely clearly, there's no doubt.
Speaker 3: And yet we keep getting this bait and switched this Uh, don't pay attention here, watch the squirrel over here, because we got something going on with Russia. And it seems to me, if I recall correctly, it was Hillary Clinton that was pushing the reset button, wanted to cozy up.
Speaker 1: That's resurfaced of late. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And and now all of a sudden, as soon as we get a Republican an office, suddenly we had to start this Russia hoax, which was to also it had a dual purpose, which is to destroy and remove a president that was the deep state didn't like and also demonized RUSSI create a new enemy.
Speaker 1: Right, so Putin becomes the bad guy, and with that I acknowledge he is not, in any way, shape or form a great guy. He has murdered people. He's a dictator, autocrat, whatever you want to call him. Yeah, but we pick and choose which sins to overlook, given whichever nation we're talking about. Yeah, and we've been obviously trading heavily with China since the Nixon administration.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talk about killing people, putting them in prison for their religious beliefs or they're yeah, whatever reason. How about Zelenski, he's a dictator. Yeah, he's not had a free election in his country. He's suppressed the media, he's manipulated the media.
Speaker 2: He's he's had people arrested. He's he's a dictator.
Speaker 1: And he's also called off elections, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Called off elections.
Speaker 3: And the corruption over there, there's a reason Ukraine was known widely as the most corrupt country on earth for many years before any of this arose.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, just look at.
Speaker 1: That, and that did not evaporate when Russia invaded the territory.
Speaker 3: I think what we're going to find out eventually, if we ever do unpeel this onion, is that this has been a money laundering spot for powerful people in this country for many, many years. They've been able to push money through Ukraine that actually winds up.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, back in Washington, DC.
Speaker 3: In fact, something like seventy percent of it, and even it doesn't even go to Ukraine, it goes to DC lobbyists. It's just crazy how this has been used to prop up and make people fabulously wealthy and powerful, which is supposedly our money that we're spending to help Ukraine well.
Speaker 1: And that's the other thing that sort of Doughe has uncovered, moving away from just money that flowed into Ukraine in the nefarious ways and mechanisms have been used to well sort of fundline people's pockets when they issue one of these grants or one of these funding studies or one of these sesame street projects. Now here's a check. No one follows that money to see if whatever ridiculous or even arguably great cause that that work is being accomplished or done.
Speaker 3: No accountability, none, no audit to see where the money went. You got people in Ukraine running around with big bags money. We don't know where that's going, but we know it's not where we're going where we intended it to go. What is I mean this is just basically a huge money laundering scheme. You're enriching the defense contractors because they can ship all these weapons over there and then we have to make new ones, and you're enriching political people. I think we're going to find what Elon Musk said the other day that with his Doze research, he's seeing that seventy five percent of the fraud money, the abuse money, is going to Democrats. He said, twenty five percent is going to Republicans, so that they'll keep their mouth shut. But that's how bad it is.
Speaker 1: You know, in all of this and one of the other conversations we had off air, when did the Democrats become the party of war?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Isn't it strange? It's just because, I mean, the Republicans seem to be largely against this. I know the Trump administration is against this ongoing. He wants to end the conflict. He wants the Blot lives. I get all that, the motivations behind it, the futility of the process anyway, But the Democrats are now embracing war. They fought against Bush when he invaded Iraq. They fought against the Vieta for oil Vietnam. They were against Reagan and his efforts visa visa Central America, Central America.
Speaker 3: Sandinista's all of that always anti war. Remember, since she used to follow Bush around everywhere, and she was like the media darling. She was on the front pages of just about every paper in the country and on the on the news constantly protesting the blood for oil war in Iraq.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what's happened. It's like bizarre world.
Speaker 3: It really in the Superman comics, because one day the Democrats are the anti war party, and the next time you turn around they are completely sold out in support of this forever war. They're even I'm sure they spun up Zelenski before he met with Trump and told him to blow up the deal.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of people are suggesting that because he did meet with a bunch of Democrats ahead of that meeting on Friday, that kind of fell apart. Yeah, well, one more with Peter Bronson before we get to Daniel Davis at the bottom. And they are really enjoying this, Peter, and I hope my listening on me too.
Speaker 2: Brian.
Speaker 1: Well, let's give it a big shout out to doctor Fred Pack and doctor Meghan Frew, what I call the dynamic duo of dentistry, and they truly are outstanding dentists. Now, speak to you people out there that don't like going to the dentists, you're going to the wrong dentist, and some people get a little wigged out of it. You got nothing to worry about when you're talking with doctor Fred Pack and doctor Megan Frew, and I understand doctor Frew is outstanding in terms of her chair side manner, terrific dentists. Of course, she's working on her accreditation with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. And then turning over to doctor Pack, a Distinguished Fellow with the Aumery Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, one of only three in the entire state of Ohio. Here's like fifty in the planet. But that means he has got the best going for you when it comes to cosmetic dentistry. Tremendous smile makers. These are life changing smile makers. So if you're a person who really does not like their smile, you're unhappy with it. Dental work needed, you need doctor Fred Peck at your side. When you see before and after pictures of the amazing transformations he's done, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Always the most state of the art dental clinic. Fred Peck insists upon that. Of course, teaming up with doctor Freu. I think just speaks volumes to doctor Freux's credibility as a dentist and quality as a dentist, because he would not take anything better than the best five one three six, one seventy six sixty six five to one three six two one seventy six sixty six. You can find more online at Peck Pck Pecksmiles dot.
Speaker 4: Com, fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: FIR fifty five KRCD talk station. All right, Thomas swishing, everybody are very happy too today looking forward to Dan Davis Deep Dive, although to be with much regret that he's on, even though I love talking to him and he's got a fascinating outlook and input and insight. Being a retired lieutenant colonel, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here with Peter Bronson, author, former editor of The enquire I mean, his resume is really long, but I like to focus on the books, and again the book that he will be talking about coming up on Thursday at the Empower You Seminar. Go to empower you America dot org to get signed up. The excuse me, Peter promised land how the Midwest was one just going back to that, I wanted to just ask you about. I think another guy that you brought up last time you were here, is this character Mad Anthony Wayne.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, talk about a superhero. That guy is something. He was an amazing He got the nickname Mad Anthony because he led a charge straight up a cliff and he wouldn't even let his men load their their us gets. He said, we're just gonna use bayonets because they're they're so much more terrifying to the British. During the Revolutionary War, he led this charge at Stony Point in New York, straight up a cliff side at midnight and took the British position, cannons included, and turned the cannons on the British. And this was he was like George Washington's go to guy for the really toughest special ops like that one. And then in peacetime, the guy was just a total wreck. He was a drunk, he was cheating on his wife publicly. He was kicked out of Congress for voter fraud, he was in debt.
Speaker 2: He was just a scoundrel, a total mess.
Speaker 3: And uh wartime, huh no, he could not handle peacetime and when when Washington saw these first two expeditions against the Indian Confederation failed so miserably, he finally turned to mad Anthony and he persuaded Congress after many, many months of expending his political capital to form a standing army to help him save the Northwest Territory. And if not for that Washington doing what he did and selecting matt Anthony Wayne, because Wayne was the guy who went up through all the way through Ohio building forts to help his supply chain and make sure he could get to the Battle of Fallen Timbers with all the supplies and men and no desertions and tough and ready. And he did, and he just just totally destroyed the Indian Confederation, made them run back to a British fort. The British saw them in retreat and closed the doors of the fort after promising the Indians that they would let him in. That destroyed the alliance with the British and Mad Anthony Wayne. Then he'd be in such a I mean, he was just a tough guy. He gets on his horse then and rides right under the stockade at the British fort with all these rifles at his back, and dares them just dares them to shoot me and start another war with the colonies, and the commander yeah, and the commander the British fort sos, well, Hey, that decision is way above my paid grade.
Speaker 2: I can't do it. So guess what.
Speaker 3: Within a matter of weeks, the British had packed up and moved out of that fort and left the Northwest Territory for good. And that's when the Northwest Territory became free to settle.
Speaker 1: All about that? Now? Is this after his post revolutionary war declined? Yes, he was by becoming again a leader of a of troops and a combatant. Did that turn his life around or something?
Speaker 2: It did?
Speaker 3: Accept that he was then used as a peace emissary. And there's a really interesting subplot in this story about his number two commander who was a spy for Spain and nobody knew it at the time, and this guy was undermining Anthony Wayne and tried to kill him on this campaign. He cut a tree down and had it fall on his tent and nearly killed him and did cripple him for a while. And it's pretty clear from the evidence, and there's a lot of people that will support this that he was poisoned by this man, his second in command, right after that battle at Fallen Timbers, and that he was then died of poisoning what appears to be the symptoms of poisoning.
Speaker 1: Hold on his way.
Speaker 2: Back to Philadelphia to his home.
Speaker 1: Just scratching the surface with author and friend Peter Bronson, promised Land how the Midwest was one A strongly encourage you folks that are going to show over the empower You summonar on Thursday, get a copy of the book. He's going to have him there signed copies. But then again, I would encourage you to get any of the books he's written. Just fantastic, well written and really well researched, Our Town Forbidden Fruit, which I think you know, I don't have to play favorites, but I just those were such easy reads. I just really couldn't put him down. So it's all there. Fifty five KRC dot com is linked to the Empower You sum on our page. You can go on Amazon search for Peter Bronson, or better go to his publishing site, which is chilidogpress dot COM's You can get his books there. But also if you're a budding writer and you're interested in maybe getting something published. He is the man to talk to. Peter Bronson, thank you so much for your.
Speaker 3: Time, pleasure, thank you for your kind words, and always a pleasure to be here with you.
Speaker 1: Brian. I feel the exact same way when you're around, my friend. I'll look forward to having another conversation with you, hopefully sooner rather than later. Folks, stick around Daniel Davis Deep Dive coming up next. We'll talk about the state of Ukraine, Russia and the relations with the Oval Office which seem a bit strained. Right back after these brief words.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KARC.
Speaker 1: The Simply Money Minute is sponsored by