Speaker 1: This is WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre and you're listening to the WWE podcast, the show.
Speaker 2: The one that everybody wants me.
Speaker 3: Tell you somebody, sixteen sous your ass is mind, you.
Speaker 4: Can acknowledge me.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Welcome to the mail Bag. It's time to talk to you and hear from you here for all the listeners about this past week and what a week it was. With SummerSlam now behind us, we are into the fall season really, and fall is it can be a very interesting time in the world of wrestling. There are you know, season premieres in wrestling which don't really mean a whole lot, and we've got Survivor Series ahead of us, of course, back and fast Lane before that, and then we can start fantasizing about the Rumble. But before we get there, guys, of course, we want to take a look back here from you here, from the listeners, about what the heck you thought about SummerSlam, and you know, moving forward, of course, but one thing I want to mention as always, because I know many of you have actually joined us over the last several days and weeks really as the summer slim season and most of the Patriots, most of the pay per views do bring on new patrons. I have to acknowledge a few people that have come on. And Chris Sides welcome Chandler. I know that you recently upgraded your membership as well, and that means you can come on the show. So Chandler, if you want to, that is something that you have an option to do. And Z Z Monroe, welcome to the podcast family. So if you want to join Z and Chandler and Chris, you can do that at Patreon slash ww podcast and that gets you ad free everything as well as an option to come on the show and access to a discord server and a whole lot more. So check that out if you are so inclined. Alrighty, let's check out our first our first email here, and I believe this is really more of an extension of a voicemail, but let's get to it. Yo, it's me, it's me, it's Rocky t. Okay, Rocky T. So your email this week is saying that you forgot to mention on your voicemail, which of course we'll get to in fear of being cut off. Is that me and the gardener Michael Gross are also collaborating with King Scully on an episode that will cover the influence of the UK wrestling in today's wrestling era. That's awesome. I have no objections to that. Also, the Rock San Perez update will temporarily be suspended, but no worries. She made her Royal Rumbled debut this year and I believe she'll be on the main roster, maybe as soon as next year's draft. Thanks Matt again for having me on Raw the Raw Review last week. Well, it's pleasure to have you on and good to hear that. You know, things are moving forward with my podcast. I don't even and you know, you guys are moving it forward while I'm just you know, I feel like sometimes I'm sitting back, But you guys are really the reason that things continue to move forward, get new voices, new perspectives, to bring new people on. So I really appreciate it. And you know, I continue to do to do the back end work of publishing and advertising the best I can and all that kind of stuff, you know, which is, you know, this is something that I don't think people understand. This is not me tooting my own horror. I chose this and I love doing it. But anyone getting into podcasting. I'm telling you right now it is going to be a labor of love. You have to love this or you will leave it. Love has kept me from just saying screw it. I'm not doing it tonight.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: It's a It's something that is much more work than people, I really realize. And when you have a great team behind you, like Rocky and Michael and Anthony and you know our SmackDown team of Michael, Ritter and John It's and of course Memphis Mark, it makes it so much easier. And I really appreciate you guys. So all right, thank you, Rocke T of course, yes, your voicemail is forthcoming. Alrighty, let's get to another patron. As always, patrons get priority. I know voicemails. Got quite a few voicemails today too. This is from Kyle Detroit. Kyle with his first ever feedback from his live live experience. He went to SummerSlam and this is what he said. The Detroit crowd was very hot at first, but the echoes of yeah and USO throughout the entire building. But as the night went on, the crowd died down and by the time we got to Ronda and SHANEA it completely died. Gunther and Drew helped bring it back up, and he cash in became arguably the loudest pop of the night. Ford Field got really a lot of times, but because it is so large, it might not have come through on TV. No, it did, It did, and you know, EO's cash in did come across very strong. I think it rivaled L. A. Knight's victory in the Battle Royal. And you guys certainly died around Shana and Ronda. But I don't blame you that that was not an exciting match. It wasn't an embarrassment, but it was. I mean, I already reviewed it, but it was just it's difficult to make that an exciting match when people watching wrestling want to watch wrestling and not MMA, you know what I mean, It'd be like watching a UFC pay per view and then instead they're like, well, instead of you know, instead of an actual MMA style competition, guys, we're going to do a WWE style match. It's just it's just, you know, it's not usually a good translation. However, let's move on. Logan Paul versus Ricochet. You gave it four and a half out of five stars. You said that's the best match of the night in my opinion. Great action, great storytelling, fun usage of other wrestlers' moves. The crowd was really into it, probably more than any other match. Logan Paul's the real deal, even more impressive in person, and I hope he's around for a while. Yeah, that's the thing. As good as he is, though, he's easy to hate, and I don't think they understood that bringing him in as a social media star. I would like them to not always tell us how many subscribers he has, though, you know what I mean, Like it's almost like it's a qualification to be here. And I think that Logan Paul's work speaks for itself. On the MIC, he's better than he should be, for sure, but there's room for improvement there. In the ring, he is just I mean, from an athletic standpoint, he is unbelievable, and Ricochet matches him as well. Nobody would argue if these two have another match. Cody and Brock three out of five stars. Brock is a very large man in person. It's very impressive to see him toss Cody around like a sack of potatoes. He truly is a great performer. And I must say I thought he did a better job than Cody in this match with his selling and in ring work. I like the story they told, but the Crossroads move is the lamest finish ever. It kind of looks like Cody takes more impact than his opponent. I'm just glad this pointless feud is over and hopefully they can both move on to something that actually has a story. By the way, the song choice for the video package was the wrong choice, and I really liked the energy in the place. Yeah, that's you know, very rarely does the WWE production team misstep in their video packages. They almost always hit a home run. They're ultra talented. But the song choice for the Brock and Cody program was very odd and didn't help the program at all. I agree with that. It's a very rare misstep by that group. So I'm not gonna you know, I'm not gonna hammer them too hard. However, you're right about Brock's selling. I don't think brockets enough credit for how well he sells. You know, he's a big dude and he's dominant, but he's not like and this is also not a knock on Bray. But he also doesn't know sell things, and when he does it has meaning. He doesn't know sell it because that's his gimmick or something he doesn't when it has meaning and it's part of the story. But Brock's selling is underrated. I would agree with that. But the also the the Crossroads. I brought that up to it's a it's lame, and it's only lame because it's difficult to execute in a way that doesn't make it look like Cody's taking more of a bump than the actual his opponent. It's it's I understand it. Oh, it's a twisting, turning motion. Oh boy, it must be really impactful. Imagine doing that move in slow mo. I'm sure you could apply this logic to nearly any move in pro wrestling, but specifically the Crossroads. Imagine that in slow motion on a replay. It doesn't look good in real time. I can't imagine what it would look like in slow mo. It's just bad. I'm sorry. Is it as bad as the Big Ending No? And other finishes?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I just I don't like the Crossroads. It's obviously not going anywhere, but it's it's just doesn't look good, and especially when he needs to do it three times and whatever I've gone on that ran before? All right, twenty five man Battle Royal two and a half out of five stars. How is the miss getting an entrance but not the US champion Austin theory? I mean it tells you how far Austin theory has fallen. I mean Austin theory has just he is off a cliff and sure he's still the champion, but not for long. He needs a repackaging. I think, not that he I don't think he should be fired or anything like that. He just needs a revamp. LA and A getting the win was a huge pop. But please tell me what did La and aight actually win. I want to point out that Chad Gable was amazing in the ring and put on a great show, very formulaic and predictable Battle Royal, though unfortunately, Yeah, here's the thing, A couple things. L and A getting the victory. I don't care if it was predictable. I don't care. The reason is it's the right decision, you know, predictability. I continue to say this because people continue to complain about predictability. I don't think predictability is in and of itself a bad thing. If it's the right thing to do. Now, you can have the best of both worlds sometimes and do something unpredictable. That's the right choice. That's always the best combination, right where we always want to be surprised and then go, oh, that was the right decision. But more often than not you're going to get an outcome that's predictable, but the right decision. The alternative is they do something unpredictable, but it's the wrong decision. Do you see what I'm saying. We're choosing kind of the better option of the two. Now, again, the ideal, the best, the best combination is unpredictable and the right choice. But you can't always have that. You can't. That's just nearly impossible to book. However, the l A. Knight win, what did he win? He won a starting point, that's what he won. He won ground zero is what he won. He won a victory that he can use to continue to finally start doing something with LA Knight. That's what it was. And Chad Gable, my god, yeah, holy, I mean yes. And by the way, Chad Gable doing that supplex I didn't mentioned this on raw that's that stalled Belly to back supplex on a champa. I think it was. I mean, the dude is so underutilized it's unbelievable. Shanean Ronda won out of five stars. This match killed the audience, worked MMA and doesn't work. There were a ton of negative chants during this match, like this is boring and this looks dumb, bad action, no story enough said, Well, I wouldn't say no story. To be fair, they did as good of a job as they could have possibly done trying to build a last second story with the multi segment video package the week before and the interactions between Shannon and Ronda face to face before that, they did did build a story. I think that's unfair. However, to your point, it was it wasn't fun to watch at home. I could imagine the live experience for this one, especially after you watch like Logan, Paul and Ricochet just a few matches before, and you see brock Lesner, you saw La Knight get the victory, and then you get to Shana and Ronda who just roll around in the ring for a little while and you know, play pretend fighting, you know, pretend MMA. It's not good. It's just not all right. Gunther and Drew as you said, brought up to the crowd. This was my second favorite match of the night. The crowd was deflated from the first at first from Ronda and Shane, but these guys are so good they eventually brought it up and earned this. This is awesome champ Both look solid in the ring and were very physical and damaging. Whenever one of them hit the matter or at Chop, it echoed throughout the stadium. Their power bombs were impressive too, and Drew going over the top rope was nuts live. Yet Drew never I don't even know the last bad match Drew was involved in. No one talks about it, but Drew McIntyre is so consistent with his matches. It's something that for some reason is over the heads of most people, but Gunther and Drew. Yeah, I don't know if I give it four out of five, I'd think maybe three and a half for me, just because for me there's a higher bar. But I'm in the realm of your review as well or of your rating, and this is awesome chance. Yeah, they deserve that, and I wouldn't mind seeing them go again. I think they'll go again and payback. Seth and fin three and a half out of five stars. I think surprisingly got the fourth biggest pop from the crowd, behind Cody's entrance, l A Night Winning and eos cash in. The match was decent but didn't pick up until the last five minutes when Mommy came out with a judgment day. The crowd loved the rest, though quick side note Rollin's falcon arrow is one of the prettiest moves in all in w Yes, maybe Cody can adopt that as his finish or adopt like the Mitchinoku driver. I mean, can we get rid of it? I know Crossroads fits. Oh well, it's part of his name. Isn't that cute? And it's it is a unique looking finish, but god does it look weak? Maybe Big did Big Ee talk to him about, you know, coming up with a finish? Was Big Eie advising him at the time or something? Oh? All right? Oscar and Charlotte and Bianca the triple threat for the Women's WWE Women's Championship. Two and a half out of five stars is what you gave it. This match was surprisingly slow and sloppy for the talent involved, and the Bianca injury angle was so was it obnoxious or rather obvious. Oh I guess I'll add obnoxious work even live Compared to the SHANEA Ronda match, though this was a banger's that's sad. Bianca was the obvious crowd favorite and she got a big pop from her entrance. But why wasn't Oscar the last entrant? Champs are supposed to go last. I don't like when titles changed with a roll up victory, but we were very happy to see Bianca win and way happier for the EO cash. And also it was nice to see Dakota back because I know, for I know how much that moment meant to all of Damage Control. I will say I'm sad damage control is still a thing. It felt like they kind of dissolved and no one cared, and then all of a sudden, they're back, and oh well a year ago they debuted and look where they are now. Fine, it was a nice it was a bit of a heartfelt moment. Fine, But the injury angle, and I mentioned this too, is you know, she did a good job selling it to the point where she couldn't even put any weight on her leg at all, and then all of a sudden, you know, divine intervention struck and she could perform a four fifty, which were requires you to put not just your your own body weight, but like more than that, because you're jumping off of your legs to perform a move that defies gravity and then of course you come crashing down, so it requires you to use all of your strength in your leg. And if you actually had an injury that in which you could not even put any weight on it, it's just I understand, it's wrestling, it's selling, but like, come on, and then she immediately goes back to selling it after she performed the four fifty. It's just like, no, this is not selling. If it was selling, she would have collapsed right Like she tries to perform her leg gives out on her when she tries to do it, and like that's selling. Selling isn't only when you're not doing a maneuver. And I think this is not just specific to Bianca. I think it's a kind of an industry wide issue. Is not just the lack of selling, but when you're trying to sell an injury that you suddenly can perform on that ligament or that appendage of your body, when you need to perform a move, but then go back to selling it when you're not doing anything. It's like no, no, no. If you're selling something that should prevent you from performing a move, it make you look vulnerable in a match. Find other ways to win without using that part of your body instead of just oh it hurts so much, I can't even put anyway down it. Hold on, let me do this four fifty splash. Oh wait it hurts again. Stop it that. I mean, I agree with you. It was great selling up until she actually needed to do it, and then you're like, oh, well, what the hell right? Why even bother selling it if you're not going to use it as like I know it was supposed to be. Oh she's overcoming. Oh the injust you know, Okay, I've made my point. Jay versus Roman two and a half out of five stars. This show is too long. The main event was way too long. Jay is a great hype man in person. Roman got tons of hate thrown at him all match long, but I think it was mainly out of boredom and frustration. It was your typical Roman match plotting, predictable, moving out a tortoise like pace, and lots of drama and interference. At the end. Honestly, I took a bathroom break during this match and didn't miss a thing. Most of the audience couldn't see the spot where Solo put j through the table, so I didn't. That didn't pop much. Children were sleeping throughout this match. We were so tired and disappointed that the crowd bailed as soon as Roman's name was announced as the winner, not even waiting for any other surprises, and not counting Jimmy turning on Jay as a surprise because that was so expected. Overall, the entire show was underwhelming and predictable, with no big surprises. Okay, agreed that that was way too long of a main event, and it does seem to be very formulaic for Roman matches. Plotting every move is you know, there's I equated it to a pitcher in baseball between pitches. That's exactly what it felt like here, and that's been the style for Roman. But there are times when it just becomes too much. There is a there is a diminishing returns effect here where Okay, yes you can go too so in today's world of wrestling that it's too fast. Generally, there is such a thing as going too slow, and I think this match approached it and yeah, so kids were sleeping, but to be fair, also this was late at night, way past a lot of kids' bedtimes, so there is that. But yeah, okay, great, Thank you so much Kyle for the very in depth review of SummerSlam. It is much much appreciated, and we wouldn't have got We definitely wouldn't have got any of that had you not sent it and got that in person perspective. So I'm sorry that it was disappointed you, I am, But you know, I think the lack of returns really really annoyed a lot of people, no doubt about it. All right, let's continue on. Let's get to DJ Cuzmo and mister DJ says hello, aw and ww podcast World. Djcuz will back at it again. I had to briefly ran on this, can Triple Ah do something with those lines on his forehead? Get botox or something, because it's such an eyesore. Every single every single pl e those foreheadlines look like tire tracks. I've never had anyone talk about Triple H's lines on his forehead. I you know, I think a lot of that is not just genetics and and him aging. Although that's some of it. It's a lot of battle scars throughout his career. I think too. A lot of it has to do with how many times he bladed And think about how many times Triple H bled, I mean and use you know, used blades, right, and so I think some of it has to do with that. Some of it has to do with aging and just genetics, but I don't know what the cure is. Perhaps botox. I don't think that's his number one priority, but yeah, they are. Now everyone's gonna look at Triple H's forehead. Oh my gosh, the things you guys come up with. Good stuff. Where the hell am I lost my email?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 2: It is? Okay, So still you're Intercontinental Champion, Gunther. I'm gonna Gunther because I promised to never pronounce it that way, but I know what you're saying. It almost just a couple of more, just a couple more days away until he passes Honky Tonk. I think it's twenty eight days. It becomes the longest reigning in history. I'm looking forward to this icy championship match between him and Chad Gable, even though Gunther is most likely going to retain. Yeah, I am too. I'm too, you know, Chad Gables getting a little bit more of a rub than he normally does, and I'm looking forward to the match as well. After coming up short once again against Gunther. It's is the time now to turn Drew turned heel turned Drew heel. I will say that right since Monday, Neet Raw does not have enough credible heels to challenge Cody. Drew has not won a championship match since retaining the title at Chamber in twenty twenty one inside the Chamber against fellow opponents Jeff Hardy, Gophy, Kingston, aj Styles, Chamus and Randy Orton. With his two year championship drought, do you see potentially that a healed Drew goes after Rollins for the title after Rollins finishes his few with Nakamara. Yes, unless he gets traded to SmackDown. Yes, I mean, I can't stress that enough. I think Drew as a heel is going to refresh his career, give Seth someone to work with for multiple months, absolutely and could be an actual threat to the World Heavyweight Championship. And it's very believable to take it off of Seth, not just a stepping stone or someone he needs to work with to fill time. I think Drew has a real shot if he turns heel to take it off of Seth. And Drew's a proven commodity, he can cut promos, He's really good as a heel. Go back and watch some of his work as a heel and you'll go, oh wow, there is a lot here, and there's just he is a mature, polished wrestler. I mean, there's just no two ways about it. That could be your champion and be a really good heel champion. The question is, does wwe want to pull that trigger of going back on what they originally intended to set out the world title to be, which is an anti Roman. So we'll see, all right. One last thing, speaking of heel turns or slight heel turns, the new look Street Profits attack both babyfaced teams in the OC and the brawling Brutes during their match, so obviously I wouldn't assume they are heels. But then Bobby Lashley appears and the crowd chance Bobby Bobby. I was a little confused, but I guess the crowd cheer because they haven't seen him in a long time. My question is, do you think the creative plans for the street profits, he'll turn backfired because the crowd cheering for Bobby. That's all for now. Dgcuzmo signing off, Well, I think they're kind of dipping their toe in little places, right, They're kind of seeing how the crowd's going to react, and it could have just been one of those Oh we haven't seen him in a while, so we're gonna cheer them, and that goes away quickly, you know, once that return feeling kind of fades away. Perhaps they do, but I don't know what the long term plans are. If they're gonna feud. If Bobby Lash is gonna feud with eventually Roman reigns, which I think he should, then they can't keep him heal. So this is just one night them attacking the OC and the brawling Brutes. First of all, no one cares about the OC. I'm sorry, no one does. No one they are Howler portrayed in WWE has never been to their benefit never. And the brawling Brutes sure, I mean they have a little bit of momentum there. They were a heel team. They went back to Babyface, Seamus and Gunther all that. But let's see what week two, in week three, in week four, bring who they attack, what they say in the mic, that's gonna be key as to what they're going to be established as. All right, we'll get the VERR Mahan report in just a few moments. Let's get to Let's get to Mason, and he says, let me talk to you. So first, why the heck were Michael Cole and Wade Barrett on Raw instead of Corey Graves and Kevin Patrick. And La Knight was there too, so I guess the brand split juice doesn't exist. Don't get me wrong. I want to see La Knight as much as possible, so I like that he was there. Also, if the New Day showed up, why not bring big Ee back too? Because a month ago on the After the Belt podcast with Corey Graves, he said he would return when the time is right, and I feel like now could be a perfect time. Last off, this week's question for the listeners, create any feud between any two superstars for any championship? Who would they be and what would the championship be? Doesn't have to be a current champion. Good question Mason to pose to everybody. Now, it's so funny, I really you know, I didn't even notice that La Knight shouldn't have been on RAW. I didn't even notice that is something normally I would be right on top of. I've become so numb to WWE just at will bringing whoever they want from opposing brands to the opposite show. When the story dictates that they do it, I'm half angry about it or annoyed by it because I still don't no matter how many times they do it, I'm not going to be desensitized to it and just well, that's just WWE doing what they need. No no, no, no, Like I hold them accountable. I hold them to their own damn rules, like being able to tell basic stories and why the hell we never were told for a four month feud? Why Brock attack Cody to begin with, which we still don't know? I don't. I don't give them a pass on basics. I don't. But the opposite to this is Elle Knight is a massive rising star. WWE is testing the fans to see how deep their loyalty goes, and you know, where they really believe Ellae Knight should be or if he's a fad or, as miss put it, a flash in the pan so they're they're showcasing him on both shows where his home is truly SmackDown. They didn't give an explanation as to why Ellen I was there. They just had him there and no one cared, and clearly I didn't neither. I didn't even notice like Ellen I shouldn't have been there, but that he is being showcase and both shows now because they know they have something here and they want to see what it is. So and as far as the whole announced teams, man, I don't know they I'm not too upset about that either, though, unless you're you know, a big Kevin Patrick fan, of which I'm not, it didn't really bother me too much. All right, thanks Mason. Now let's let's see where we want to go. All right, let's talk to Let's talk to King Scully. He's in the house and he's representing the UK all day, so let's see what he's got to say. Is that all? Rhyme? My god? All right? So, King Skull, it's been a few weeks since I last road in the mailbag, but I'm here now. I hope you didn't miss me too much. SummerSlam was decent enough, but the matches were competitive, and overall it was a good pay per view. Jimmy screwing Jay didn't make sense. After all, it was Jimmy who turned on Roman to begin with. But we can see where this is going. I really enjoyed Michael enjoyed. Michael Cole's commentary in the ending was quality and I found it amusing. Jimmy, what did you do? Yeah, that's true. Michael Cole did make it as dramatic as as it could have been. Props to Cole. Sky winning the title was great. Loved it when her music hit Lesner versus Roads was enjoyable, and the respect from Brock was a nice touch. Before we get to that the cash in thing, why do we need to hear from the announcer before the bell rings that there's a cash in? I mean that those are precious seconds, you know, like precious seconds that could be wasted on and being like the match is hinged on the announcer announced it, it should just be the competitor hands the referee the briefcase. It's implied we all know it's coming and the bell rings like it should be instant. There's always precious seconds of the match starting where there's false castions and things. But I digress all right. I think Balors should have won it two. I'm already bored of Seth's title reign. Logan and Ricochet was good, Shana Basler and ron A Rousey was hard fought. I think the Battle Royal should have had a better prize, like maybe a title shot of some sort. But this is I'm definitely happy that La Knight won. Yeah, moving on, There's been loads of injuries lately, or am I I just lost myself? Oh? Surely the tag team titles should have been made vacant, while the men's and women's it's all going a bit crazy. I think those titles are cursed. Yeah, I agree and can For God's sakes, can we please, since we've unified physically the belts that were unified, can we please do that for the men's tag team titles? Please? Please, please please? What's wrong with him is his face on raw He looked like a tomato. I found it quite amusing when the mis called La Knight an Attitude era fanboy. His mic work is always good. In La A Knight once again rose to the occasion. He gave as good as he's got and more like Knight from the start, and it's good that he is. This over was a good back and forth between the two. But the real question is why was Alle Knight on raw? Oh wait, because we know the brand split doesn't matter. Yes, I I just went over that. But are we complaining? You know what I mean with this? And that's what WW you'd say, was, well, are you complaining? He was there? You know what I mean? So there's that. But I also I'm a big stickler for brand split rule enforcement. Shosh please, I'm glad that Chad is getting a push. He's a brilliant athlete and his promos have always been entertaining, especially recently. Can Gable be the guy to dethrone Gunther? It seems unlikely. He would definitely deserve it, thank you.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: No, It'll be a fun, hard fought, you know, a bit of a David Goliath, a bit of that dynamic going on with the size difference, A pure wrestling match that's physical, a lot of suplex, is a lot of impressive I think maneuvers coming from Gable. This is a sneaky match here. Not that I think Gable has any chance to be Gunther. He doesn't. For the biggest reason. Number one is Gunther is an inch away from being able to claim he is the longest running icy icy champion of all time. You think WWE is gonna not cross that for Gunther? They have massive plans for Gunther. Gable's not gonna be the one to stop that. No chance, zero chance. I don't care who comes back right now, Gunther will cross that threshold, all right. I just can't help. But like Shinske, I have always have, and it appears he's getting a lot more TV time lately. Always good in the ring. He's charismatic and I enjoy his character. Good to see him in the main event. You know, you're noticing a pattern here though guys generally guys, not just you King's Gully here everyone. They're pushing people they normally wouldn't that have been there. They're not new, But I think they're doing this because they have a couple of b pay per views coming up and time to fill before Survivor series. And I'm not saying that the guys and gals here are fillers, but I think they're giving these men more of an opportunity than they otherwise would because it's a bit of a lull before another major pay per view, and I don't know, just some thought there I tweeted or xed, yeah, I don't understand the X thing. It's still tweeted, like sure the x X is cool looking, but like so I don't know a whole nother topic. So you tweeted to Cody Roadse. They told him to stop asking a stupid question that we as fans cannot answer. He didn't respond, but unfortunately I try. Well, thank you for trying. I really appreciate that. But he continues to come out there. Cody Rhodes does and ask a question that the fans still cheer, but it's like a mild cheer, and it's only they're only cheering, I think, because he mentions their city. That's it. That's the only reason. He inserts insert name of city, What do you want to talk about? Insert name of city? What do you want to talk about? That's it. A little bit of MJF for you there, But that's what he does. That's it. And the only reason that people cheer is they said, the name of our city isn't that cool? I'm from here, you know what I mean. It's just it's nonsense. And the way he also delivers it is just I want someone to punch him in the face. He does it in a sly smile, knowing he's about to get a pop. But that also no one can answer this. There's no coherent, cohesive, collective answer to this other than just okay, open ended question. I guess we're just gonna cheer because he mentioned our city a few words ago. It's ridiculous, but he continues to try to make it a thing. It's not a thing. People aren't cheering along. You notice no one is speaking along with him. If it was so over, Cody, after you've been doing this for months and months, wouldn't people be saying this along with you as your catchphrase. Instead, you rely on the people cheering and get false validation from people cheering only because you mentioned the name of the city, not because it's a good catch line a catchphrase. So, and also the way Cody delivers his promos, he's just I don't know. I don't want to go into it. I'm starting to side with Anthony Debarco on turning completely on Cody in terms of his baby face character. Excellent in the ring, he feels like a main eventor but just miss cast. Even though I Understan and the Popsi's getting and all that. I get that, I know. I also feel like I'm in the minority on this too, and that's cool. But all right. I could go on a whole massive Cody Die tribe now about his promos. But yeah, alright, moving on. The worst thing about Roll this week was the return of the New Day, same boring gimmick. I don't get why anyone likes them, cheers for them, and it's obvious they were going to win. Lame. New Day sucks. You are my new favorite listener listener of the day. Should I feel like I should insert some kind of some kind of applause there? If I had a soundboard, I would. I'm also looking forward to working with Rocky Team Michael Gross and mav on an upcoming episode. Be fun to make my debut. Enjoy your day peace out. Yeah, I'm looking forward to that too. Cool. All right, guys, let's keep rolling here. Let's see I have to heavily Oh this is from Malachi, and Malachi says, I have to heavily disagree with you in the statement you made on Summer Slam Review about nobody wanting to see Bianca bell Ara's champion. Maybe you don't want to see his champion. But the casual fan of majority of people in attendance cheered loudly when she came out and popped loud when she won the title. She gets reaction as loud as anyone. So I'm confused with this notion that nobody wants her as champion. Maybe she needs to take a well deserved break and hiatus for the marks to see important and vital she is to the company and the women's division. Okay, well here, so here, here's the deal, Balachi. When you heard the reaction for Bianca, it was more of that they don't want Oscar as champion. Okay, people would have cheered, if cheered for if Charlotte won, and cheered maybe louder. Bianca Bellair just came off being champion. Okay, She's been championed essentially since WrestleMania thirty eight, and we need a break from Bianca Bellair as champion. We just do it. Was more, I believe, a just happy the fans aren't gonna continue to see Oscar's champion because Oscar is champion is a snooze fest. It just is It's not that people hate Bianca Belair, or rather I think they hate or they don't. I think people are bored with her babyface character and that she should turn heel. I believe that, I continue to believe that she would be much more successful at this point and give her a refresh. But the cheer I think had a lot to do with people just wanting to see Osca not as champion rather than more because Bianca. People are excited to see Bianca as champion. Case in point, when we had EO Sky cash in, the pop for Eo Sky winning and beating Bianca was exponentially louder than Beanca winning the title in the first place, which told you people are ready for a change here. So I guess we'll agree to disagree. Right, all right, let's continue to Let's see who we want to go to Nick from Oregon. Nick says the women's division, at least the top of the SmackDown card, seems to have a face heel problem, although is it a problem outside of Bianca Bellair? Who may close the expectator, who may close to the expected heel turn? Who may be close or Zelena Vega? Can you name one superstar on the brand that's strongly defined has a strongly defined position. Charlotte and Oska both are being booked as baby faces but work better as heels. EO she sure she comes off like a new babyface champion, but isn't Damage Control supposed to be a heal faction? Even the mid card is muddy Shatzi. Is she supposed to be the baby face to Bailey's heel or vice versa? Does anyone care? Mitchen, I guess the OC is a babyface faction just with zero heat. Iila don and albe fire. Who knows? Do you see this as a problem. It just feels like right now, coming out of coming out of Ray, outside of EO, there isn't much heat for any of them. So I wonder if creative needs to figure out more defined roles. If I'm fantasy booking this. After some time off, Bionca turns heel, joining Lashley, knew her business and goes after whoever is still champion at the time. Yeah, that's some good points there, Nick. When you look at the all the women on SmackDown, there there could be cases of, well, this person's booked as a heel, but they're getting a they're in a heel faction, but they're still a new champion like EO, and she's still getting a big reaction as a babyface. What I think WWU chalk this up to is, well, there's shades of gray. There's shades of gray. Everyone shouldn't be defined in just strict categories. I firmly disagree. I understand there are shades of gray, but in in pro wrestling as a presentation, you want to be able to have clearly defined good and evil. It's it really boils down in pro wrestling at its core when it's the most successful, clearly defined roles of who's playing good and who's playing evil. That's it. I know that. Oh that's rue. Oh that's rudimentary, that's elementary. No, that's what it is. Who do you want to see beat the other? Why do you want to see this person beat this person up? What did that person do that deserves it? Right?
Speaker 6: That's it?
Speaker 2: Or what do you want to see that person achieve? So, and that's really what it is. That's not all it is, but that's at its very just root, that's what it is. And so, yeah, I don't know if it's it's a problem only if it's if attention is drawn to it, where the reactions flip flop, you know, Like what I think the worst example of this or best, depending on how you look at it is Ronda and Shana. They we don't know still to this day, who is the babyface and who's the heel. I would imagine most people were cheering for Shana, but not strongly. It wasn't overwhelming that that was kind of a mess of a heel babyface dynamic, and ww didn't seem to care. Sometimes it just happens. But right now, yeah, right, Like Charlotte is be is booked as a babyface, but she's clearly better as a heel, and sometimes she says things that are very heelish. I mean, you're never gonna get exactly everything lined up perfectly to go. This person is, you know, excuse me, the the epitome of a baby face, and this person's the epitome of a heel. You get that occasionally, but more often than not. Right now, they just kind of they do have wishy, washy people on the women's side, and some of the men as well, no doubt. I mean, this can actually be a whole You can make an entire show on this show an entire like kind of side podcast on the women's issues in wrestling or successes. I'm open to that. By the way, if someone out there, you know, I'd actually really like to have more women on this show to talk about women's wrestling. I think that would be a fun dynamic. I don't think there's enough women that talk about wrestling in our in podcasts, because well, it's a male demo, male dominated demographic that watched the product. But thanks Nick, very intriguing and good points. All right, let's see, let's go to Let's go to Ryan, and Ryan says, Hey, Matt, enjoying the adfree shows in your Summer Slam review. I've seen a lot of chatter online about the heel turn and Brock's off script heavy putting over of Cody. But am I crazy or didn't both Brock and Cody and Jay versus Roman both call for pin or submission with interference being a DQ. Shouldn't both Cody and Roman have been disqualified? Well, No, because the tribal combat was no disqualification. Now, if tribal combat includes no family members should be involved, and if family members do get involved, it's a disqualification. That's different. But I don't know if that was ever enforced. I think it was mentioned at one point, but it wasn't ever a point driven home. So I think they kind of let that fade away and they just made it a a no DQ match labeled and marketed as tribal combat. So I don't think Roman should have as far as Cody getting disqualified, you know, I don't. I don't think so that that was a straight up wrestling match though, right, yeah, I mean that was, But what did?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: What did?
Speaker 2: What should? Why should Cody have been disqualified?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 2: What happened? I'm not sure?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: I know this is all in order to move the stories forward, but I feel like Creative is completely throwing match stipulations and rules to the wind. What are your thoughts? Well, yeah, I mean, I guess that's a very broad statement. I'd have to get specifics when you're saying that they're throwing match stipulations and rules to the wind. They do that a lot, though. That's just that's just kind of the way ww has presented their product forever, where sometimes max stipulations and rules don't apply when they don't want them to, and do when they don't want them to or don't when they don't want them to. So that's a very broad statement. You'd have to give me specifics, but all right, PS, totally random, but if you and your listeners are interested. I was the guest on LA on August eleventh episode of Talk Is Jericho where we talked about UFOs yep, talk about a swerve for you, Oh cool, keep up the great work, and carats on al and ight finally getting the push we've been holding our collective breath on. Well, I wouldn't say he's got a push. I mean, right now, he's won a battle royal, which isn't exactly something you put at the top of your resume. L and D hasn't done much of anything yet, but it's the start. I would say, you know, it's the start. So you were on the Takas Jericho UFO discussion on August eleventh. I have not listened to that episode, but maybe I will. Maybe I will, because yeah, UFOs are something that I mean, I could probably create a whole podcast on that. That's kind of my side to interest as well, Like I mean, laugh if you will. But UFOs or uafs, it's unidentified aerial phenomena. Now is how they I guess, how they identify them or Bigfoot? Okay, bigfoot? I know which. I will say this, and I don't know if I mentioned this on the show. Very very much a side thing here. I was never really a big believer that there's bigfoot. You know, they clearly would have found remains. I didn't believe in it. And I'm not saying I'm not about to say I've seen one. Okay, I'm not. But what I will say is this, If you guys haven't seen the show Expedition Bigfoot, you should, Okay, some of the evidence they collect, and we're about to they're about to drop season four where they go to Alaska. I would highly recommend you watch that. It may it may make you well. Not they don't find like Bigfoot in front of their camera, but some of the things that they find in the woods are related to Bigfoot. It's it's indisputable evidence that there's something out there, and it just it just is. Okay. So I would very highly recommend if you're interested in such things, if you care about like cryptozoology and all that, watch Expedition Bigfoot. I know there's a lot of other big show Bigfoot shows out there. Some of them are just boring. You know, they're never going to find anything. Oh there's a knock in the woods. It must be Bigfoot, right you just the whole show is built up to just a knock in the woods. This show, it's real, it's not produced, it's it's raw, very well done. If you're interested in such things, watch Expedition Bigfoot. Okay, three seasons are about to drop. Season four. Okay, thank you Ryan. He got me all on a big Foot tangent. Now all right, let's see this is from Freeman. Firstly, I was impressed with Logan, Paul and Ricochet. The match was stunning. He made me forget why I found the whole situation dell to begin with. But now it's over, it felt like it felt a little too in the moment and doesn't seem to set anything up going forward or resolve anything that happened in the past. But over all the match, the quality of the match was perfect for an opener to get everyone in the mood, and unfortunately for a lot of people, the match quality went way down after this. Like it started at the top, it was sure. It was a great way to get to set the tone, but the tone wasn't followed through on all right, Brock versus Cody, I felt a little lost. I'm told Brock is a big name in an all time great I've never heard of him before this arc, and so my expectations were higher after hearing all the love he gets. Maybe I built it up too much of my head, but I came away expecting more from him. What was overall a good but fairly run of the mill match. Well wait, wait, wait for First of all, wait did you say you you've never heard of Brock before this match? Uh? If that's the case and you're not just pulling my leg, how is my first question? Even if you're not a fan of wrestling or whatever, even if you don't know what pro wrestling is, if you've never even understood what WWE is, you don't understand the content of pro wrestling, it's actually impressive that you've gone I don't know how old you are, but you've gone presumably a few decades in your life, and you have not heard the name Brock Lessner in any capacity. I mean, he isn't just WWE. Obviously had a very accomplished career at MMA, he's he is at this point a household name, so I'm not making fun of you. It's actually more impressive that you've never if you've never heard of him before, that's so kind of cool in a very strange way. The MMA rules match them having to explain the rules of the ring just before started starting made me laugh. It shows how ill thought out this whole thing was and made me realize how sloppily thrown together the whole story is. From a lackluster betrayal through the past few weeks up to not even knowing the rules of the match before the match starts. No planning was putting into the put into this and going to and it showed Yeah, I mean I understand that. And no one was a fan of Let's be honest, no one was a fan of this. Most people weren't. But it's over and we can move on. The Women's Championship belt in EO Sky taking the belt just seemed a little bit too predictable, And when I sat down I thought about it. There wasn't anything else CEO could actually deal with. The money, the bank contract. They aren't gonna have both women's belts on SmackDown, so there's only one belt and she will that she could cash in on. So if she didn't use it now, what would she be saving it for? So left one wondering what's the point of even having the women's money in the bank match when there isn't a cool use for the contract? Also, can we please separate EO from Bailey. I've only been watching a month and I were already sick of how joined the hip those two are. Well they tease them splitting, the tension has always been there. I was hoping that the whole faction of Damage Control had been just finally scrapped. But it's not. Sadly, but EO and Bailey. It needs to happen. Please. Bailey has been in the background for way too long at this point. Think about this. Bailey returned last year and she hasn't done anything of note, nothing since she returned and she formed her faction. So Bailey needs to come to the forefront. I miss Bailey as champion, or at least in the championship picture seth versus Finn was the highlight of the show. This sets up so much potential and ongoing story. I can't wait to see how it goes. All turns out and the beauty of this is Finn has no one to blame but himself, easy target to deflect blame from himself. Seeing how this spirals from here will be the major takeaway from SummerSlam for me. Well cool, your name's Matt so oh okay, Matt so very good, very good, very good. All right, let's what do we got? I think I have, Chandler. So Chandler says, let me talk to you. SummerSlam delivered for me personally, but I could see how some would say it under delivered. And the Finn and Seth match was by far a favorite creative finish, and cessattire was a nice touch. I forgot to talk about this last week, but the Cody and Brock video package was amazing and well together. They had a good song that needed that the need to do more like that. Oh so you're complimenting the song. Okay, Chandler, I think you're in the minority here, but teach the throne. I actually forgot New Day was on Raw didn't have much to say about them, yet no one cares as they returned. I'm sorry, no one cares when I say no one. Of course, there are people out there, but generally like, no one's talking about the New Day's return. It's not a it's not the first thing on people's minds. It's just run of the mill. All they're back, okay, sure whatever, Like that's that's the reaction. I mean, that's it's just kind of very much indifference. Let's see, I'm extremely happy that Gable got a win, and a big win at that. I don't think he's gonna beat Gunther, but it feels like it feels good to see him getting a nice push, albeit temporary. I mean just probably is back to Finn and Seth. With Finn attacking Seth on Monday, it feels like they're gonna have another match, but I feel like there's no reason to have another match unless they're gonna take the title off Seth. Well, I think this is leading to, more importantly, a Finn and Damien split. That's what I think. Becky and Trisha's is weird and boring and it makes zero sense. Last week that they had a match and Stark interfered, and this week beck says that they have another match next week. So to what stops Stark from interfering in the interfering is barred from ringside. Is it the steel cage? It makes a little sense, Well, is it in a steel cage? I don't. I don't think it is. But if they're gonna tell us and try to drive that narrative home that, oh well it's gonna be in a steel cage, so no one can interfere. No, that that has proven to be true zero percent of the time. In fact, it invites more interference. And you know what's more effective, Adam Pierce just telling people they're barred from Ringside and saying if you if you interfere, you're suspended. That that's more effective than a physical steel structure. Is just words. So if they truly want no interference, that's what will happen. I thought Shensky was already a heel. He attacked Champo for interfering in his match with Bronzo Reid three weeks ago, or maybe it was four, but I'm so confused right now. That's it for this week. This kind of leads into the previous emailer about the wishy washiness of defined heels and babyfaces. It's just kind of whoever, you know, it's for Shinske. It had been up to this point kind of a back and forth. Whatever we need you to be, you're gonna be that night. That's seems to be where Finn or Shin has been living. All right, let's see where else? I think. Let's see. I know I deleted there was an email I deleted by accident, and oh there it is Peter. This is the I think this is the final email. So Peter says, I don't know where you're from, but I don't know. I thought I saw a place. Let's move on. Is it ironic now that SmackDown? That it's SmackDown? Who needs to work hard to elevate the US title? We've spoken about Raw and needing to do this. While there was no World Heavyweight champion. Raw did a great job. Since Austin arrived on SmackDown, they've essentially let the title and theory go to waste. Speaking of theory, did they just throw him in the SummerSlam Battle Royal as gap filler? My wish is weirdly to see theory in the judgment day. I think theory would be a nice fit there. That's a hell of an idea. It'd be more relevant than anything he's done since WrestleMania, that's for sure. But I don't think SmackDown needs to elevate the US title. I think the talent need to elevate the US title. Creative needs to get back behind it. The US title has lost so much value since it was put in Austin theory, and that's really disappointing because we thought it would be the very opposite. There was even talking at one point of Austin Theory beating Roman Reigns for his title many months ago. Right, So it's really about just putting video packages together, some interviews again, having it be more of a central piece of SmackDown. It can be, especially if people are just the wrestlers are going to ignore the fact that there's a more important title around the world, waste of Roman Reigns. You can at least start to talk about the US title and make it not just a one segment but multi segment part of SmackDown. So all right, Peter, I almost missed you. That was a close one. All right, So let's see I think, uh wait, now hold on. I do this every time, guys, I told you this is a lot tonight you guys are you guys got a lot for me? But this is I promise the last email. If there's anybody else after this, sorry, I mean I need to get the voicemails. So this is from Thomas and he says, there goes Summer Slam. A mixed bag for me. The Women's Championship match had a fast pace and flow. It had non stop intering action without the need for an over the top spot. All three of them really showed their world class ability and further cements the standard need for the developmental rising of female stars to reach the top. Eo skycashing in and winning the Women's Championship was amazing and well deserved. I think she will turn on Bailey, claiming to have used Bailey after she becomes less relevant. I hope it's the other way around. I think Bailey turns on her. I hope that is happy to see La and Night get a pl e win. I would have preferred it to be something more meaningful than a Battle Royale, which always feels like a filler to get the unused man active. Unused man active, but at least he has been rewarded and acknowledged again. Guys, Yeah, this is a starting point for Night. I know everyone wants a bigger victory, but it's just the starting blocks we just started, and he needs something to ground himself in and this was it. So that's how I'm viewing it. My disappointment in the main event is beyond words, another solo interference for Roman and another Bloodline member for uh Uso being involved in the ending. I feel stupid for hoping Voldemort would come back, of course, referring to the rock and most opportunity and poetic time, the match was again incredible quality and in match storytelling at its finest. Roman moves on to new challengers. I'm guessing Jimmy turned on Jay as he felt Jay had no divine right to become the next travel Chief. Placing himself above Jimmy may have been regarded as disrespectful. Yeah, I'm sure it has something to do with that. That's probably something that they'll try to sell us, you know. All right, the main event the main question for you. Have you noticed the downed superstars are now constantly watching the referee pinfall counts and this seems to be happening more than ever. Roman is the true king of near falls. He can kick out with split seconds left with his eyes closed. Brock and Jay. Brock and Jay possess a similar ability. I think it was the balt Rollins match with the most pin watching Roman versus Jay had little to none. It's a pretty critique, but when you see the superstar look at the referee, you know they will kick out and it spoils the drama and shock massively. For me, surely the most important parts of the match. Stars and referees should practice their near pinfalls. I find this more frustrating than overly loud stars calling their moves in front of the cameras. That said, wrestling is in a great place at the moment. Bring on the next pl Sorry for the long email, and I haven't heard or I haven't heard your pre and post Summer Slam shows yet. I'll catch up Monday. Well, I'll enjoy the shows. That's an interesting and poignant observation. I've been critical of the announcers, specifically Cole, who is really good, but he just cannot help himself of calling something before it happens, which tells you the opposite is happening. So they're gonna win the championship right here, and it's like, oh f you, Cole, Now it ain't happening right not happening now. I know his job is to bring you in, make you believe, But anybody that's been a fan for any amount of time just immediately knows that you're just that's your job, and everything you say right now is the opposite. But that's interesting. Yes, I have noticed that, and I maybe my subconscious has just pushed that aside to make me just more engaged in the product. But if you don't know what I'm to if you don't understand the email here, what Tommy is saying is when there is a fall that is not going to be the end of the match, it's a near fall. If the camera catches the eyes of the guy on his back and you can see that person who's on their back looking at the referee, you know they're kicking out more often than not, if maybe it's one hundred percent. The reason is they're looking at the referee is because they're trying to gauge the pacing, the cadence of the count, so they kick out just in time. And I agree with you, Tommy, Yeah, I don't know what the solution is though. I mean, if you close your eyes and just use your ears, you could cause a situation in which you know, you're not getting all the information where the count of the referee might be off a little bit in your sound, and it doesn't give you the full picture, so you're not kicking out exactly when you should. Maybe what they could do is just close their eyes a little more so it doesn't look like their eyes are wide open looking at the hand. Come down to kick out right at two and three quarters. So now everyone can't unsee that. So thanks Tommy. Oh gosh, all right, so here we go. I think we're done. Yeah, we're done with the emails. Guys, even anyone emails me here. Sorry, Yeah, you're not getting on the show. I mean, you're just not sorry. I need to move on to voicemails, and we're gonna do that in short order right now. So let's do it.
Speaker 5: Don podcast World, this is DJ Kuzma back at it again on your mail Max Show Records you live on a Wisday morning. Before we get to the beer, Mahner for before we get to the beer.
Speaker 2: My heart roupput.
Speaker 5: I gotta give a shout out to everybody that was down in a discord chat this past Saturday. For some it was an incredible summer Slam. They over delivered and they had some awesome moments. Shout out to Detroit Cole. Oh my goodness, Detroit Cow. This was his first time seeing a WWPL live and Ford Field, so shout out to Detroit Cole. And of course we had an awesome time cracking jokes and of course making our instant reactions to some of the most incredible moments that happened at Summer Slam, and none bigger, not bigger then Farwa Kai none other, den Ol, Hey, Nay, and everybody say yeah, yeah, wow, that was such an awesome, awesome time just to see none of that that La Knight finally get a big moment on a PL, So shout out to La Night. I hope this is a lot more things for him to come as he hopefully goes for that United States Championship from none other than Austin Theory. And speaking of Austin Theory, I don't want to continue to go on the rent but what the hell why was Austin Theory in the SummerSlam bat In Royal. He's the United States Champion, right, so what the hell is that all about? But other than that, I don't want to continue to go on a rent. But let's go tell your favoite Shanna come on every single week on the mailbag, and I'm talking about the Via, the Via, the Via, the Via, the Via. The vere Mahadapura of the Vera Mahadapurt took place this past but on midnight raw Li from Minnesota. But for the sixth straight week, we did not get it a pierce of me in this year, we did not get a purse oh, my guy via Maha, We did not get a pierce Osaga, and we did not get an appearance of the Mona Day Maharajaj Mahal. But all roads lead, all rose lead to to September eight, Friday, September eight, Superstar Spectacle down in Hyperbad, India. So my guys are continuing to promote the event as of course it will be down in their homeland of India, and of course this is gonna be happening in a place called the Gobochi Indos Stadium. So with that being said, I know that we haven't seen.
Speaker 8: Him in a while.
Speaker 5: Hopefully we got to see him very soon. And I know that's also also before I go noe, no, no, no, my guy ver Mahon had a birthday, so happy birthday to you.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday to you.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday, so happy birthday to my guy, Verir Mahan. This is your guy, DJ Couzmo. Have a blessed me guy to one another, staves of my friends and peace.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday, Verr Mahan. I didn't think I'd be saying that today, but you already sang song for him, so you kind of out did me and outshine me. So thank you so much, DJ for your energy and for your passion and for it. Yeah, the shout out to everyone in the discord server who you know, I really applaud and Detroit Kyle with his contributions and attending the event and giving us a live in person perspective. All of that was well just well received by everybody. I haven't heard any complaints or anyone needing a timeout in the discord Chat occasion only we'll run into that, but has It's been a long time and you guys are great, so uh, you know, the discord chat continues to be one of the real main selling points here. People love that and I'm glad I was able to implement that for for those of you and and hey, you want to join Patreon for a dollar you get you not only get everything add free, but you can get into that Discord server and join DJ and join all the other patrons for a hell of a chat during live events, especially during PL's. It's so much fun. So thank you so much, DJ, and you enjoy the rest of your week. We'll talk to you next week and let's get to our next one.
Speaker 4: Hey, Matt and the rest of the rest of the talkis family. This is actually something different this week for me, for the first time in a couple of weeks. This is not the corredorate report I might even send sending isn't on on that Wednesday? I mean on Tuesday. I mean not Wednesday, Wednesday. Moniest thing isn't on Wednesday send me is sending this in Friday, one day before summertime. The reason why is I actually forgot to mention this in the left and my last voicemail for the quarterator report on the Mailbag Takeover edition and that voice I forgot to mention this. I'm actually going away on vacation for like two weeks to Hershey Park, Pennsylvania. We're going there from this coming Tuesday, the eighth, all the way to August nineteenth, So I'm gonna do lastly can with I'm'm really missing the next two mailbags. I'm spoken with listening. I have stop on my phone stuff. I'm spoken with listening to all the podcasts on the mailbag episodes while I'm on vacation. But uh, for the next two mailback episodes, I'm not going to be on them because I'm going to be on vacation. It's not really I'm gonna be a family so I'm not really going to drive, call or anything. It's funny with you guys, know, so if you don't hear from me next two weeks, yeah, that's why. So I think one wants to fill in with the cordiate report for the next two weeks, feel free. Someone wants to do the cordiated report for the next two mailbacks, go for it. But that's not It's okay, I get it. People are busy.
Speaker 9: Don't wanted to say.
Speaker 4: I'm We're gonna watching smerlim Be watching all the wrestling on my phone on the vacation, so I'm gonna be all caught up still. But that's all you got some two weeks, see you later, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Kyle. Well, enjoy vacation. I'm actually gonna be going on vacation myself, and that'll be going probably like four or five days, maybe six, starting next Saturday to the following Saturday. But I'll still be able to hopefully crank out some episodes here. The mailbag may be shoddy. I'm not sure how that's gonna work. We'll talk more about that next week. But you know, my best is my best effort will be made to continue to pump out content because I mean, we have Wi Fi. It's just a matter of finding a location. I'm in a house with a bunch of other people and a bunch of other kids. Sometimes I remember doing some shows in my car. Just bring my laptop in my car at night and like do that. So but anyway, Kyle, enjoy your vacation. I hope you have some rest. Well well, of course, you know, talk to you in a couple of weeks and appreciate your content. All right, Here we go to our next one.
Speaker 9: It's Kyle from Both Simers.
Speaker 8: I wanted to talk about the summer SPI last night. I thought overall was good for and the most I can't say Grabo was good, and I think for me what I was really hyped over was Eo Sky winning the championship, and I thought I had that thought for a while now that EO sort of cash in and when and when the championship at Summerslan, I kind of figured that was gonna happen, and selfis lab it did and to see so I'm sure what to get to do now with Eo as she had before SmackDown and all that stuff. So they'll be fun to see how how her reign's going to be fun and inter seen than an Oscar because I don't walk care for Oscar, but I like Eyale because the two both of them are Jebby stars. But I enjoyed Eal a little bit more than Osk. I don't know if it's the personality or what it is, but maybe because I think also to Eel takes is more to hes an Oscar. If you if you Oscar as like a child sometimes every touch he comes out there and Eo comes out there like she COEs out like a like an adult, like a you know, like to be more serious. So I like that, and so I like the attire being that Eales champion. The other thing is tear is that what's next for stats Morals at this point now after the feeding uh Finbala in a better match too, by the way, than money in the bank. What's next for him heading into you know now that they're clearly dreaded data break up, Lea's priests and valves that have some issues, what's that for stat Morawlands? Now that's just now his definitely just days over was a big expect for him. But that's why he sets the SummerSlam. But that's I think frontall.
Speaker 2: We have so many Kyles on the show a Detroit Kyle, we have new or Kyle, you know, so many Kyles. But Kyle, I will say, if you listen to show this point, I mean you kind of know what my answer is going to be. Is Shinzkana Camaro is going to be a nice holdover for a month maybe two maybe from Payback to fast Lane. And assuming there's no event in Saudi Arabia, which I don't see on the schedule right now. So assuming that's not the case, I really believe Drew McIntyre turns heel and then we get a Drew versus Seth program where he could truly take the belt off of Seth. Late in the year in November December, maybe at the Rumble, but at Drew heel Turn. It would be a lot of fun. It would just be it would be a lot of fun for Seth to work with, and really also Cody Rhodes, you know, maybe Cody Rhoads worked with Drew two. So that's what I think. All right, thanks so much, buddy. Let's let's go to our next one. A few left. I think we have three or four left, so let's let's do it.
Speaker 7: Hey, Matt, this is Mike from Connecticut, chiming in.
Speaker 4: It's been a couple of weeks.
Speaker 7: I've reached out to you, guys, but no major questions today, just a couple of observations I have for you. I've noticed that you are commenting here and there about the Intercontinental Belt being referred to as heavyweight champion, in other words, intercontinental heavyweight champion. They actually used to do that a long ways back, and I go back aways. You know, I'm fifty years old, so I've been watching the Golden Age of Polplomania in eighty five eighty six when I started watching, but specifically I do recall and it always stood out to me way even way back when I was a kid that the Macho Man Randy Savage referred to his Intercontinental Championship belt as the Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship. I don't recall anyone else doing that, but I do remember Macho Man doing that a lot, and he had the prestige to be able to do it because you have Really he was the macho man. You know, you believe that he was the Intercontinental evyweight Champion. So I just wanted to if you didn't ever pick up on that, I wanted to let you and your listeners know that way back he was once called that, at least by Randy Savage. And secondly, something that made me smile and.
Speaker 6: Laugh a little bit.
Speaker 7: A couple of weeks ago, you and Anthony were talking about I think they were still then tag team champions Chelsea Green. You referred to Chelsea Green as Rachel Green. So I'm calling you out on that.
Speaker 6: So I want you to tell all of our listeners.
Speaker 7: Exactly Rachel Green is and why that was in the back of your head. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm my biggest fan of I'm guessing you.
Speaker 6: Were of that show. It was a very, very very funny show.
Speaker 7: You don't go nine ten seasons without being obviously successful and funny. But it's time for you to step up.
Speaker 6: Who is not Chelsea Green?
Speaker 9: Who is Rachel Green?
Speaker 7: Matt have a great one w W podcast. You guys are awesome. Keep up the good work and I will talk to you soon. One last thing, can we get I lost my find of though, so I'll get back down that one. All right, take care fine.
Speaker 2: I'm being called out. I didn't know I did that. Sometimes I just make up words like I called p J McDonough. Sometimes I just do things that are in my because my brain says, no, this is a better way. This is their real name. Uh So, first of all, let me talk about the Intercontinental Championship. I think on the actual title it does say Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship, which I have no problem with. It makes it sound more prestigious, and it's heavyweight, so it's the strongest man only. But also if that's the case, that would mean there's a weight element to this in a weight qualification. And if there's a weight qualification, then I would imagine if we look back in the history of the Intercontinental title, that a lot of those men would not meet that qualification of being a heavyweight of over two hundred and five pounds whatever, I'm fine with it. I did not know that about the macho man. I have no problem with it. It's just interesting to me. It's just interesting, and Gunther certainly fits the bill to be a heavyweight, no doubt. Now as far as Rachel Green, who the hell's Rachel Green and not Chelsea? Obviously I misspoke, So Rachel Green. I'm thinking back, and I'm like, where the hell did I come up with that? I'm imagining because I watch a lot of Friends, the TV show, so Rachel Green is a big character on that right. Rachel Green, of course, is played by Jennifer Aniston, one of the most famous, if not her most famous role in all of television that she's done. So Rachel Green from Friends is probably what for some reason I was going to And I have been watching Friends lately, so I think that's probably where it came from. I don't have any other I don't have any ex's name Rachel or Rachel Green, like I don't have any past trauma with any woman named Rachel. So if if that's where you're going, I don't unless you know what happened, and I'm unaware of which I had many nights I don't remember that said. That's all I could. That's all. That's the only thing to come up with. I can't search in the bowels of my brain any deep deeper than that. But I'm glad you enjoyed Anthony, and myself I enjoyed talking with him as well. Okay, let's get to our next voicemail.
Speaker 9: Hey man, this is Justice for Maryland football as well. Just calling to talk to Summer Slam and very trouble questions for you. So, first, the main event, Roman and Jay. It was a good match. I just gotta say that. The hood Jimmy turn, it just really just.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 9: I once I was disappointed, but I just really didn't expect that to happen. Like I thought that, you know, Dre was gonna get you know, beat down, you know, he was gonna make a comeback, but not win. But I definitely didn't expect Jay to like turn and help Roman win. And it didn't even seem that Roman even knew what was going on. I don't know if he caught it, but Roman's face was just confusion and it looked like Paul Haymon like he was just standing behind Jimmy just like, you know, just doing his little FACI expressions, and it seemed like Paul Hayden might have had something to do with it, and Roman didn't know. So Devin interested to see where it goes SmackDown.
Speaker 4: I'm just not.
Speaker 9: I was just honestly made me sad because like, you turned on your own twin brother, like your little twin you guys are like almost the same, you look the same, and then you just turn on him in his biggest moment, And I just think back to when Jimmy, you know, when they had the whole segment and it came out that Jimmy that Jimmy was he was basically jealous of Jay because Jay was the right hand man and stuff. So I feel like they'll play on that, but I just really didn't. I just wasn't really happy with that, honestly. Next, let's see so Seth and I guess uh Stinsk next, I don't. I'm not really interested in that. Sina Stink has been teasing the Hill turn for weeks now, so I guess they pulled the trigger. So I guess they'll go with him and Seth at Payback, of course is not gonna win, probably get like a four star maybe five star match, but that it like, that whole thing was interesting because with Seth and Cody you can still feel the tension. Then I honestly thought that they would go with Seth and Cody at Payback. Then I'm like, no, because you honestly can't have Cody lose Clean right now and you can't have Seth lose. So I just like, Okay, something's going on. So I feel like they're gonna still do Cody and Seth one more time because they definitely have to finish that. But I definitely think Tessa's going to beat him because I don't think Cody's story is going to end with him win the world title. That let me see. So Drew McIntire things like we might be getting a character change. We didn't get him on roll this past week, but after his loss, he didn't speak, He didn't speak during the interview, So hopefully, you know, we do get a character changs for Drew. He lost clean. I'm sure hes Hi.
Speaker 2: Justin three minutes gets you again. Maybe three minute warning. Maybe that's what I'll just kind of like, name your name, your voicemails at this point your voicemail files that I download three minute warning Rosie and Jamal throwback to those that remember the early two thousands of their fishoff anyway, Okay, Jimmy, I agree it was. It was kind of a disappointment. You know, it was a turn. But was it a turn for the right reasons? I don't know. Time will tell, but it feels very Jeff Matt Hardy ish, where like, yeah, we know who's the heel, who's the good guy, who's the bad guy? We understand that, but are people even wanting to see this? Do people really want to see the usos fight one another? That's gonna be remain that's remains to be seen, no doubt about that.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: As far as Cody and Seth, I don't think it's gonna be payback. I don't think it's gonna be at Fastling. I think it's gonna be Syberrivisse series or later. I really do. Hell, they could even fight each other at WrestleMania and wait that long, because now we've seen a pattern where one interrupts the other after their program is closed, and you think they're gonna go there, and then it happens again, and they get interrupted again and detoured. So they keep crossing paths but not able to follow through because they keep getting interrupted by side projects, right might by detours of other guys. So it's good. I think they're gonna keep doing this. They could string it out all the way to Mania. They could Seth and Cody could have their fourth match, because it would be their fourth and by the way, Cody has been and Seth all three times prior, and they could have that match up Madia. But then wouldn't that require one of them to turn heel doesn't always have to happen. Big babyface versus big baby faces is a is a dynamic we've seen before. But the fans usually will then be forced to choose someone to cheer for. It'd be it's a bit of a dangerous thing to do. But right now I don't think they have any intention in the short term of putting these two together. Yet they just keep teasing you, telling you it's coming. Thanks, justin a couple more and we'll close it out.
Speaker 6: This is Chris and Gallia.
Speaker 10: Albert, so we're also going to be at SmackDown and Calgary, and but right now we would like to.
Speaker 6: Talk about summer slum all right, Matt started off, we'd like to hear a rant, what are the logistics of having four main event matches at a pay per view or pl e.
Speaker 10: Wow, well we've only got three minutes, Chris, So let's talk about the nine matches and our takeaways from the Summer flin.
Speaker 6: First of all, Logan Paul and Ricochet, so we both agree it was amazing athleticism, great match, kind of furnished finish with brass knuckles.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but typical Logan Paul slimy styles, okay.
Speaker 6: And so what do we not like about this?
Speaker 10: Mostly we do not like the fact that Logan Paul is taking his prime energy drinks from children. Very very bad stuff.
Speaker 6: Controversial things, yeah, not okay, okay. Cody Roads first, brock Lesner. I didn't like that brock Lesner could not finish Cody Roads. He was weak and out of it, but brock couldn't do it.
Speaker 10: You know what, I thought that Cody Rhodes really deserved to finally win this.
Speaker 6: But you know, ultimately, what was the best part. The best part was the handshake of the end.
Speaker 10: So honorable, very very classy of brock Lesner. And I'd really like to see something from Brocklester in the future, maybe some real good guy stuff.
Speaker 6: All right, but La Knight, we don't have any time. We've kind of watched it here, so we'll move past him, La Night.
Speaker 10: I'm freaking tiny.
Speaker 4: Won something was so happy?
Speaker 6: Okay, So Shana and Ronda this was our standout. Oh my gosh, Shane is cool.
Speaker 10: Sena. We just loved the humanity that w W brought out in her.
Speaker 9: Love her story.
Speaker 10: Really now we feel like we can get behind her own.
Speaker 6: And we're like, yeah, all right, what was funny?
Speaker 8: Say it?
Speaker 6: It was funny nuts on the rope.
Speaker 4: It was so funny.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was terrible.
Speaker 4: It was terrible, you know what, really good watch.
Speaker 10: Unfortunately, Drew had a mishap towards the end, splash from Gunther. He just he just couldn't hang on just seconds. Okay, but you know what, we and then we like to see a matchup with maybe True McIntire, black lessons in the future.
Speaker 6: Wants warriors, Yeah, right, warriors.
Speaker 10: Okay, seth Rawlinson finish.
Speaker 6: He was possessed as he was going for that briefcase. That's you know what, why couldn't the judgment day.
Speaker 10: Just stay the heck out of the out of the.
Speaker 6: What did you think we do? All right?
Speaker 10: Triple triple threat? You know what, I didn't really like the match with the women.
Speaker 6: It was ok it was okay, But no, the tribal chief would ever do this.
Speaker 10: No, no tribal chief would.
Speaker 8: Ever do this.
Speaker 6: No honor.
Speaker 2: All right, Christ and gall you guys, certainly that's called maximizing your minutes, folks, that is maximizing your minutes. You guys crammed it all in three minutes. Amazing, I mean amazing. I'm imagining you guys hit the timer right when the voicemail started, so you knew exactly how much time you had left. Well done, well done. Yeah, you guys are attending SmackDown. We will set up a time to talk about that. I'll message you or just email me. I know, I thought you messaged me on Facebook. I've got I got so many messages on Facebook. I think it got lost in the sauce. My Facebook page is starting to really take off for some reason. I'm not complaining about it. I just have so many messages. So email me, all right, mail bag at ww podcast dot com. Email me, because if we're gonna talk on Skype, which is how record the calls. We'll do it that way. And if we're going to talk about SmackDown, then let's talk on Sunday evenings. Sunday evenings like ninety nine thirty pm Eastern Standard time is about usually when I record. So some specifics there, but let's get to a couple of your comments here. So didn't like the women's triple threat. I agree it was a meh. Now, as far as logan, Paul, you're villainizing him for taking the Prime drink away from a child, right, Well, you know, looking at the nutritional facts on this, should a child really be you know, drinking a essentially an energy drink at that time and night. Anyway, I think he did a service to the parents. I mean, he's doing Od's work here, Like, I think he really helped out the parent here of not having a wired child, you know, drinking Prime. Okay, looking at the ingredients of Prime, I mean, it's not the worst drink in the world that I looked it up, because I'm like, what is in this thing? Right? It does have it overload of vitamins and potassium and magnesium and all that. It does have a little bit of sugar.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just it's not probably something I would be drinking. I wouldn't you. I'm thirty eight years old. I STI wouldn't drink this at that time of night. So the parents are probably like, thank you, Logan, Paul, you know, thank you. I don't have to deal with a wired, you know, kid at ten, ten, eleven, twelve o'clock at night. But hey, guys, I really enjoyed the banter. I enjoyed You guys have a nice little chmistry going on there. It's almost like you have experience doing this or something. It sounds like you're like previous podcast hosts. I don't know. You guys have a nice chemistry. So let's get together. I want to hear more about your thoughts and of course us with SmackDown coming, let's talk email me all right, well we'll figure out time and all. Just very good. All right, let's hold on. I think we got we got what we got, we got one more, one more. So let's uh, let's get to that final voicemail guys, and then we can call it a night.
Speaker 11: Here we go, check check checking in. It's Rocky t Hello, everybody. I just want to let everybody know that I will be taking a small sabbatical from the Mailbag, not from the podcast, just from my entries into the mail bag. Don't worry. I'm still an active listener and every week a loyal religious listener. I noticed that we are getting a lot of new patreons, and I know all these people want to have their voices heard on the Mailbag, and I want that for y'all too as well.
Speaker 9: Y'all know Rocky Tea.
Speaker 11: Always has a lot in his mind and sends in a page long email, and I want to give my spot to somebody who's a new page John to have their voice heard. My voice is being heard with the Wrestle Magic episodes with me doing the aw collision every other week, so don't worry, I'll still be a part of that. We have a couple of irons in the fire right now. First and foremost, Cuzmo, I got the episode ready for you, buddy, me and the gardener, I have it ready for you. Let's make the time and let's knock it out. I got the format ready, We have it ready for you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 11: Let's just let's get it together and see when we can whenever we can set the time to get that done. We are also working on an episode with the Gardener's nephew.
Speaker 7: This one will be titled not Everybody Can Be a Top Guy.
Speaker 11: This is gonna go hand in hand with what we just saw as Summersland with the right handed Man trying to be the top guy.
Speaker 6: We will explore what.
Speaker 11: It takes to be a WW superbar superstar, but most of all, what it takes to be a top guy in the business. To piggyback on Kuzmo's episode, which is gonna feature the songs, we are working on an episode with Missus Rocket Tea which we will explore makeup artists, ring gear, et cetera, behind the scenes things that we don't see or even think about, which goes hand in hand with theme music. So all that stuff is coming together.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 11: I will be listening actively. I will chime in if something comes up that just has to be talking about. But for the meantime, I've got so much research going on with all these episodes that it's hard to keep up with my mailbag emails because I construct those all week long. So again, don't worry, I'll still be around. I'll still be listening. Everybody still me a favor every day.
Speaker 7: Do not have a good day, have a great day. Talk to you guys later.
Speaker 2: Oh, Rockey Tee appreciate the update of show. Listeners appreciate the update as well as to what's kind of going on the Wrestle Magic side of things. And now you are feeling the pressure of just getting things together for a podcast and recording and all that and your research. So yeah, it's it's quite a bear, and you know, we'll look forward to your return to the mail Bag. But you're listening and that's great. And you know, a lot of I know a lot of you kind of do the same thing, and well you don't have time to maybe contribute, you're still listening and we appreciate that. But yeah, I mean, hey, Rocket Tea, I really appreciate your contributions. You and Michael Gross do an excellent job Wrestle Magic. We have PJ Placo, we have Just Incredible, who is also a part of the mail Bag or a part of that part of the Wrestle Magic group, and you guys do such a great job. Just Incredible is going to be joining Michael and Rocky Tee on a monthly basis once a month, so that'll be a lot of fun and appreciate it. You know, you guys are keeping me, keeping me going. You guys keep me busy for sure. So one thing I want to say to Chris and Gallia not to disrespect you Rocket Tea, but as I was listening, I was like, oh, I didn't answer. The four main event thing for Wrestler for SummerSlam is a marketing ploy. There's one main event, it's the last match. That's it. I think that they're doing the four main event thing or multiple main events. They did that at WrestleMania. No, no, no, no, no, there's one main event. Main event is by its nature a singular thing. You can't pluralize it, even though they're trying to for marketing purposes to try to make it sound more important. No, the main event is the last match that goes on, end of story. That's it. I think they're doing it for the reasons of trying to make the talent not feel like it's all Roman reigns for three years and then oh, well, I'm part of the main event too, because WWE said I am, and also from the general public, it sounds like it's more important. Wait a minute, they don't just have one main event. They have four, no way, you know. And if you take two seconds, you're like, well wait a minute, No, they're just other matches before the main event. Don't don't try to insult my intelligence. It makes me crazy when they do this stuff. I know most people don't give a damn, but when I got to sneak that in, it's like, stop, it's not there's one and will only be one main event. And plus, if you're telling us there's multiple, doesn't that devalue when a main event means Now, I mean, look at the look just look at what main event means. It's the biggest match on the card. You can't tell me there are four biggest matches on the card. All right, it's getting late for me. I'm starting to rant. So Chris and Galio, what the hell are you doing to me? As far as again, Rocky T, thank you so much for the update, and we'll again we'll look forward to your return. We'll look forward to everybody returning next week. I am gonna sign off now because I am getting tired and I'm about to hit the hay for work tomorrow. But thanks everybody for listening. You know you guys are a lot of fun to listen and listen to and be able to respond to. Appreciate all the contributions and thank you so much. You guys want to go ad free Apple podcasts, click that ad free button right in the app. WWE podcast dot com, go vip ww podcast shopped for your merch and of course Patreon dot com slash wwepodcast. Many of you have taken advantage of that and I really do appreciate that. If you guys want to get everything add free, great place to do it in Hey, come on and host the show. So all righty, that's it for me. Thanks everybody for listening and contributing, and I'll talk to you next time.
Speaker 12: Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to wwepodcast dot com. And for all of these shows ad free, head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.