Speaker 1: Is this the Twisted City?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there it is.
Speaker 3: No, we ain't gonna take it, baby, I got a list. That's why I'm playing this song right, all right, We're not taking it, Dave, Jenny. I've gotten to a point where I can't stand at every day frustrations that older adults refuse to tolerate as they age.
Speaker 2: Yep, old man yelling at the sky. Let's do the list.
Speaker 4: I noticed this with me because the commercials are louder than the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mute them, yeah, once they come on.
Speaker 5: Loud noise noise.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the one thing that cable did well. When you go to streaming, that's not what happens because everything is different. So when cable used to used to have everything on the same level, so you wouldn't have to do that. But you are correct. It drives me crazy, and.
Speaker 4: For me, it's competing noises, a bunch of things all at once.
Speaker 2: You got the.
Speaker 4: TV and then maybe you have kids playing all at the same time. It's like that's the same thing with turning the radio down when you're lost in the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, yeah, but who's fault? What is it?
Speaker 5: Dave?
Speaker 1: According to your wife, According to your wife. Whose fault is it? God?
Speaker 2: Turn that down? It's like, I'm sorry, I'm not control of the volume.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Actually, she's always the one saying turn that up please. It's sports.
Speaker 2: Why are you? Why is it so low? What sphinkers say?
Speaker 5: What? What?
Speaker 2: Why are you doing? Dave's joke. The one thing is his man and.
Speaker 4: What I'm going out after I already got home. It's non negotiable if the bra is off. Yeah, yeah, that's so.
Speaker 5: As I take my bra off, I'm done.
Speaker 1: The four girls that have to wear those brawls all day long, and it's just like you take that off and you're like, wait a minute, go back out. That was the one thing about six thirty masks on Sunday night is like, if you're doing a lazy Sunday, you have to get up and take a shower, Jack, guess, put makeup on and hair gel. It's just like we've been home all day, you know, we have to.
Speaker 2: Go back around.
Speaker 5: Then Susan wants to shave her back again to go to church on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Night, or than buckles on her toes. Well.
Speaker 5: She during the winter she wears tennis shoes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, things that old people are old people our age. People getting older don't want to put up with anymore wearing clothes that are uncomfortable for the sake of fashion. My tolerance for cute but painful shoes, itchy fabric, annoying tags has gone way down.
Speaker 5: This is going to shock you both. But I'm not a slave to fashion.
Speaker 1: The second I get home, the days that I have meetings and all that, you know me, I'm a traditional button down with a sweater on top and some.
Speaker 2: Dress pants and dress shoes.
Speaker 1: The second I get home, I take it off, I get to I put a hoodie on or whatever.
Speaker 5: Why is that as the hoodie and jeans more comfortable?
Speaker 1: It is I like to look good. And again, what you wear says a lot about you.
Speaker 2: Mister. What is that? Rolling Stones?
Speaker 1: A shockers shake it Up t shirt?
Speaker 5: Is from the Voodoo Lounge to her of ninety four and ninety five.
Speaker 2: It's a Voodoo Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's a Voodoo Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Yes, things we don't want to put up with anymore stuff over substance, material things matter least. It's all about experiences, relationships, and functionality.
Speaker 5: I kind of like my stuff.
Speaker 2: I like my stuff too.
Speaker 1: I can't really say that since we're doing remodel, knocking walls out stuff.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm spending a lot of money on.
Speaker 5: This re start out. You start that, all right.
Speaker 1: He's sending the estimate this week, so we find out the damage.
Speaker 5: I might come over there and just kind of look over his shoulder when he works.
Speaker 2: Oh please please that.
Speaker 5: How is that how you're gonna Is that how you gonna do it? Okay, it's your job, dude, you.
Speaker 2: Can install it that way.
Speaker 1: But I will tell you this. I will help them demo because I love taking a sledgehammer to the walls and stuff.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 5: I hate everything about it.
Speaker 2: I'd throw out my shoulder.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Brett weather b for saving our bacon. We were talking about that last It's a bit.
Speaker 1: It's a big even though she almost had him killed.
Speaker 5: I get help that.
Speaker 2: My dog is a killer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, get help.
Speaker 2: It, German.
Speaker 4: This is I think more for younger people work. I'm so over it. If I were paid enough to actually thrive and didn't have to spend more than forty hours in an office, I wouldn't mind.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: People get that attitude now in their twenties.
Speaker 1: No, Well, here's what irritates me when I get older because you get really good at your job. So just because it takes a shorter amount of time for me to do my job, like, don't discount that as me right right, Okay, it used to take me a lot longer. Now I could do this very quickly. But writing an email, Thank gosh for chat GPT because he can write the email faster. I just watched Dwight type out text messages with one finger and literally I think it took the entire break.
Speaker 5: No, that was not a sentence. That was my password.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm dead, sis are you seriously?
Speaker 2: With one finger? He's like pink pink, pink, pink pink.
Speaker 5: But I go back, And here's the thing. If you mess up, you think you messed up, it's just a bunch of dots. You gotta race it all and go back. My gosh, No, passwords are a B word.
Speaker 4: But as you get older, you don't necessarily want to do everything your boss is. Because they said so, it's like I'm not twenty eight anymore.
Speaker 2: No, No, they're so.
Speaker 1: And you've ever replayed meetings that you had years ago where you were like, I should have looked at Hi right in the eye and said no, we're not doing that. I mean, you know, obviously, when you're younger, you just cat cause you were built that way.
Speaker 2: That's how you grew up.
Speaker 1: You're psych Yes, sir, get the job done and stop complaining. But you also learned throughout the years that the squeaky wheel gets what they want.
Speaker 5: That's what I've never understood. Yes, the.
Speaker 1: People in the office that are always complaining somehow get everything, and the people that never complain and go, yes, sir, we'll get it done are the people that get more work with less pay.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous. That sounds familiar.
Speaker 4: Let's see things. As you get older, you don't put up with any more drama. I seriously had to walk away from a friend group because they would not stop with it. Every six months, like clockwork, they'd be picking who was kicked out of the friend group.
Speaker 2: Over some minor thing.
Speaker 1: Usually in your thirdies. I've always said that twenties are fun, uh, but you store the late twenties, you start to drop those friends that are just constant drama. My car's broke down, come get me, or I can't believe my boss is so boss.
Speaker 2: I lost my job again.
Speaker 1: You just somehow start to lose those folks and start to narrow in on people that aren't like that.
Speaker 4: This applies to me in cars buying new things. I just want to spending money on shiny stuff now. I just want functional things that will last a long time.
Speaker 1: I just don't feel like it's smart to park one hundred thousand dollars in your driveway, whether it's you're in your wife's cars. Seems silly. I mean, these new cars now are just so expensive. It's like, no, I'm not going to do that. And you hear the commercials.
Speaker 4: Only fifty eight thousand dollars make me only fifty eight thousand.
Speaker 1: Right unless yeah, unless yeah, less. Then it's something that you use every day, like coffee makers. I'm like, spend the extra dollar on a car if you drink coffee every day? Yeah, and it's important to you buy the good one. I do what it is by the golden bar. Go, don't get the vac don't get the six hundred dollars vacuum, because guess how, the six hundred dollars vacuum sucks the same way as the cheap vacuum.
Speaker 5: Contrary bonjour, the dice.
Speaker 1: In does a great sorry sucks the same.
Speaker 5: No, No, it does, Yes, it does, it does.
Speaker 2: Yes, it does, it does, it does.
Speaker 5: Let me put this to bed right now.
Speaker 2: No, you can't google that. You don't have a consumer reports long again, you can't prove it you.
Speaker 1: I'm seriously how much how much different is this stuff coming out.
Speaker 5: Of the Carbet says here that I'm right.
Speaker 2: No, six hundred dollars for a vacuum bill, Thank you.
Speaker 5: I feel vindicated.
Speaker 2: You're indicated, vindicating things.
Speaker 4: We don't put up with as we get older, abrasiveness or people who are a contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. Truly, no patience for being a devil's advocate anymore. The devil doesn't need more ad Why are you?
Speaker 2: Yes, It's just like, why are you arguing with me? Dude? This isn't argue.
Speaker 1: It's a conversation.
Speaker 2: I'm just ordering a beer. I don't care if you like it or not?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Stop talking? Are you arguing? You know how they make that I don't care? Right or people go No, one thinks like that. Why are you even talking?
Speaker 5: I shut up?
Speaker 2: Apparently I do. So. Somebody does this one? That one hit a note? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wow, this one's a big alcohol what Oh as they get older, they don't tolerate alcohol so much anymore.
Speaker 2: It's yea or or you embrace it.
Speaker 1: I turned fifty six and like twenty five days or whatever. Man, I'm telling you you if the hangovers whoever sing that damn song?
Speaker 5: Oh hey, juniors hurt more than this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hank Junior was right. Oh yeah, cornbread and iced tea took the place.
Speaker 2: Of whatever, diet coke and fries.
Speaker 4: Arguing with strangers online now, if I see something I feel as ignorant, just mute the post, scroll past it, or unfriendly person?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, why are you both looking at me?
Speaker 2: I don't say, yeah, it's not worth it said.
Speaker 4: I can't believe I spent so many years yelling at people in comment sessions.
Speaker 2: Yep, why would you do that?
Speaker 1: And I think that ended for most of us quite some time ago, most of them. But cut clearly, brother.
Speaker 2: We were in the meetings with you.
Speaker 1: Yes, so yes, because a lot of times those people are just trying to piggyback on your platform. So and they don't even might not even believe that they just are doing that to you, because they're like if he retweets me, or if he reposts me. Then I get all of his followers too, and they get my name. Great, I'm going to do that. That's the problem.
Speaker 4: Going out to the bars till once two or three o'clock in the morning. Give me a happy hour with the guys over that.
Speaker 2: Anytime.
Speaker 1: You can just stop at going out to the bars. You don't need to be late at the ending part there, No, why are you going out the bar? Uh, restaurant, different story. Let's go get something eat some apps, have a drink or two.
Speaker 2: But yep, that's it.
Speaker 1: Just to go to a pure bar. Here's part of my problem. I can't taste that or I'm sorry, I can't take that. The loud noises, no too oh, the band starting check the smell, the musty stale beer, the stale beer smell. I don't know how I put up with that. When I was younger, was never duchess disgusting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could be blind filded and brought into dutches and go I'm at duchess.
Speaker 1: And your your feet are sticking to the floor. Yes, it's like, dude, why am I here?
Speaker 2: Pretty sure everybody can see me pee right now? Used to live in places like this.
Speaker 4: Now you're no way inconsiderate people and behavior, whether it's slow drivers and the left line, people that walk around in stores and live like no one else is around, people that are rude to staff, people are oblivious to them, delaying.
Speaker 1: You ah, rules that don't apply to them.
Speaker 4: I'm going to stand in front of the tomato paste, yes, for eight minutes, like I've never seen tomato paste before.
Speaker 5: Well, just here's the thing. People that move slow doing anything drives me up the wall. Uh, it takes you. If you go to a buffet and you gotta dig the I.
Speaker 1: Don't understand pulling into a Kroger car parking lot and there's a whole pile of trash, like you know, someone just opened their door and just dumped it out right like you were just like what kind of brain?
Speaker 5: Well I'll see that. I'll go to Dongers VP to get like fill them out jeep, and right there next to the trash cancer, somebody's empty like an ashtray or something. I'm like, six more inches?
Speaker 2: What are we doing here?
Speaker 4: Off with their heads? Yeah, I say it's not just you. Please hit your gas pedal. I'd like to make this light this one. Let's see which one of us. This applies to the most things we don't want to tolerate as we get older. Children they are noisy, sticky little disease machine, sticky little germ traps.
Speaker 1: I love kids. I don't mind kids. Why U all to hate kids? I hate parents that don't take care of their kids, because everybody in my group was if the kid makes a noise and doing whatever, you snatch them up and you're gon you take them out. When I was, when we would go out to dinner, it was we would say, do you want to eat or I'll take I'll take him out and then you eat and I'll come in. You take them out and then I can eat. That's how we would do it because we didn't want to bother other people. But I don't remember doing that as a child. Like there was four of us, but we sat in her chairs. We didn't speak and yell and scream. I was afraid of what was going to happen when we got home.
Speaker 5: You were in the sex shops where you have the leather strap and the big red ball.
Speaker 3: In the mouth.
Speaker 2: You see no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: I don't either. Somebody sent me a picture of you did.
Speaker 4: Know Tony, have a vacation experience with the kid that you enjoyed rather recently. What wasn't there a little toddler kid or something? Oh your hotel downtown.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that little I mean machine. No, he was just he was a toddler and someone they wouldn't parent. He was screaming and running from side to side. And then later that night when I came in, he would They were still in the lobby and the kid the elevator doors opened and he was standing there.
Speaker 2: And I was like, you gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 5: They're all gonna die, you know you? Did he say something creepy like that?
Speaker 2: Did he skitter up the wall?
Speaker 1: And then I told the story and then Tony Cruise and all them were like Shannon dude was like, oh, there was a toddler and the and the little kid came around the corner like a Stephen King little guy, and he was staring at me like ten feet away.
Speaker 2: I was like, there he is there, he is right there. You're going to die. And they're like, oh my god, that is a little creepy little kid. You're the only one that can see me.
Speaker 1: A little lollipop coming out of his mouth I was like, ooh, creepy, don't.
Speaker 5: Say any kid, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Tony?
Speaker 4: Exactly two more flying. I've gotten to the point where I can't stand it. Every part of it sucks and keeps getting worse. I'd rather drive long distance.
Speaker 1: I've gotten better at it, Like I don't mind it so much. I used to really dress, especially going through the security, TSA and all that, and then get it. Just relaxed, Just relax, get in your chair and chill out.
Speaker 5: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I used to like not mine the fifteen sixteen hour.
Speaker 4: Drives when I was younger, but now now I can't want to get there an hour and a half.
Speaker 5: Yes I do.
Speaker 1: I want a direct flight if I could get there in an hour and a half, and I'm like, yes, let's do that. No way, fifteen hours, a couple of days to recover.
Speaker 2: And this one a lot of us going through this right now. Winter.
Speaker 4: I just hate the cold and the fact that it feels like it's permanently dark.
Speaker 1: Why do you think people move to Florida? There are so many people at the Jay where I work out. It's a lot of older people, and like half of them are gone because it's the time. It's January, it's time for them to they snowbirds. They left on January one, and they've been gone and they'll come back sometime in April. And it's probably pretty affordable. I guess if you rent it by the month, it's a lot less expens extensive to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then while you're gone, you get new windows put in. You come back to a nice.
Speaker 1: Windownations dot com. Go to windownation dot com. Uh, fifty percent off. They've been around since two thousand and six. Livetime warranty on your windows. You won't believe. Open up your electric bill, open up your gas bill in January and February to tell me how you feel about getting new windows. Jacket and I used to pick one or two things around the house that we would do in a couple of years ago. We decided, Okay, this year is we're gonna get new windows. What a great decision. First of all, any noise and all that stuff, fireworks and stuff like that, you can barely.
Speaker 2: Hear that with new The first thing I noticed, you have no whistling and no whistling nothing. You don't hear that stuff.
Speaker 1: You can barely hear the rain and you don't hear your age fat going on much because it seals up the air.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: So get new windows with Windownation. Go to windownation dot com. Get a free consult, fifty percent off and zero interest, nothing down for two year. Get the new windows now Window Nation, and.
Speaker 2: Then get new appliances and save even more money.
Speaker 1: We are headed that way next week to pick out at bargain Supply. We're getting all new appliances because we're remodeling the entire kitchen, so we get to pick out all new stuff. And there's only one place to go, bargain Supply, because every appliance in my house already isn't bargain supply. Why because if you go to a box store or something like that, there's only two or three choices. They have every type of appliance, even the international ones. They have a sixteen thousand dollars Italian gas stove that I cannot purchase. I'm gonna get the one that's a little bit down from that.
Speaker 2: But I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Bargain Supply, East Jefferson Street appliances guy stuff like power tools and wheelbarrows.
Speaker 2: They got it all.
Speaker 1: And tell the ladies at the front desk. It's the same crew that's been there for like twenty years. When you walk in, they'll say hi to you, or you just say hey. Vanandi said to tell y'all, ha, they might give you some free no bargain supply back after this on news radio eight forty w hns do that, I'm gonna say nineteen sixty three on that one.
Speaker 2: Am I close? No, I'm not sure. Sixty four. I'm guessing sixty four or five?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: That music means it's this day in music. And obviously the first story we talked about earlier, say in history history. Oh, I'm sorry, this day in history we talked about earlier, the Space Shuttle exploding nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean you just take that story out then.
Speaker 1: Well I was leading you into that story.
Speaker 5: I need the music led me into that.
Speaker 1: You know what, if you're prepared and not watching you not watching those videos in the what videos?
Speaker 5: Were you watching a JCPS video?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: The person was breathing pretty heavy.
Speaker 5: She was, wasn't she? Yeah, So I'm gonna assume I think what happened is she just finished jogging.
Speaker 2: This one that sounds wonderful I don't even know.
Speaker 5: If I should do this. Now do it? You just do it anyway?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 4: It was today, by the way, I was nineteen sixty for the whole world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never would have called that one.
Speaker 5: I would have said three or four too. It was today January twenty eighth, eighteen seventy eight. Yeah, the very first telephone switchboard was installed in New Haven, Connecticut. I guess that would the very first switchboard. So I guess people in New Haven could call each other, but you couldn't call anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the deal those ladies, because usually that was the ladiest job. That was a meon's work. No, it's lady works. They were the little They were the little hits that they could hear your conversations.
Speaker 5: That's hot, okay, are they and you hear? And they actually had to do this when they put you through. They had to go one ringy dingy, two ringing.
Speaker 2: They did that. It's the truth, not true. Ringing dingy is not part of wondering.
Speaker 5: It was today January twenty eighth, eighteen ninety six. I'm gonna butcher this name, last name. Her first name is Emily. Last name. I'm gonna say Grub, it's g r.
Speaker 1: U bbe Okay, Grubby, go with it, Just go with it.
Speaker 5: There wants say doctor Greb eighteen ninety something.
Speaker 2: No one cares, here's the doctor. Everybody was Grub.
Speaker 5: You wis say doctor Grubby?
Speaker 1: Just getting committed?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 5: It was today, Hey Daniel.
Speaker 1: The engineer, Thank you, mister distracted.
Speaker 5: It was I got the attention span of a urine.
Speaker 2: Are a puppy today?
Speaker 5: Eighteen ninety six, Doctor Emily Grub became the first doctor to use radiation treatment for breast cancer radio in eighteen ninety six years later, and we're still used. Pisses me off. That's what pisses me off.
Speaker 2: About them on.
Speaker 5: I remember a little boy and my grandfather would drive himself to chemotherapy and we would drive home and then round about Southland Terrace. Before we got home, he would stop, open that door and vomit. It was just a horrible scene.
Speaker 2: One fast forward.
Speaker 5: We're still doing that.
Speaker 1: One in three gets diagnosed with breast cancer in this country. I have three sisters, a wife, and a mom, So odds are.
Speaker 5: A today. In nineteen fifteen, the Coast Guard was created by an Act of Congress. They were made to fight contraband trade and aid in distressed vehicles at the sea.
Speaker 1: That was today and actually fifteen No you that's wrong, you're facing No, that's wrong. Coastguard was created for the Navy to actually make fun of someone because that one else makes fun of the Navy.
Speaker 5: Double snort, that double snort. It was today January twenty eighth, nineteen thirty four. The world's first skeetoe became.
Speaker 1: What a great idea. Oh what if we well, how did they get up the damn hill after? Before this?
Speaker 2: They flew up there?
Speaker 5: No, it says right here that until then you had to sit on your butt and then inch your way back up the slop.
Speaker 2: That's not true. How else would you do it? You forever?
Speaker 5: How else would you do it? Though?
Speaker 1: That's what I'm asking. Before the ski lift, what did you do? Or it's ski toned?
Speaker 5: Do you think maybe somebody just stood up a top and pulled you with a rope.
Speaker 4: They just sat at the bottom and go kind of fun to ski down? This wouldn't Yeah, maybe someday we can get up there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know what if you're not skier in the day, quick enough for you? Yeah, we did it and let's go. Yeah, you had your fun on the slope.
Speaker 2: It's too it's two.
Speaker 5: It was today, sad day today. In nineteen eighty six, the Space Shuttle Challenger Yeah, had a catastrophic failure seventy three seconds after liftoff from Cape Canaveral, Florida. All seven crew members were killed. Following the horrible disaster, President Ronald Reagan appointed the Rogers Commission to investigate the failure of the old ring on the solid rocket booster lift off. The investigation led to grounding space shuttles fleets for almost three years while procedures were dump delimited.
Speaker 2: Dumb design.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess in nineteen eighties technology, I guess it was okay. I do remember the SI. I still remember the Space Shuttle landing for the first time. Every school the national anthem was playing that thing was coming down. They had the two jets following it on either side.
Speaker 2: Remember they toed it around on a seven.
Speaker 5: That's exactly was going.
Speaker 1: Like, how did that thing get on there?
Speaker 5: I don't know what number one. And that's when I worked at ups out on the ramp. I never got tired of watching these seven forty seven's take off. Huge because I'm right next to him going there's no way.
Speaker 2: It looks like they're barely moving as they're lumbering down the runway.
Speaker 5: Right, and then you put a space shuttle on top of the damn thing and it still gets up in the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Moonraker starts that way, man, because they steal it. They blow up the plane and they.
Speaker 5: Steal the space shuttle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's a flying brick. It's basically just it doesn't really fly to the it just glides.
Speaker 2: It falls, it falls accurately, accurately to the landing strip.
Speaker 5: And now it's a landing strip. What focus Well, I was until you said landing strip is what it's called, Like a landing strip, like.
Speaker 2: A little yeah, yeah, yeah, please move on.
Speaker 5: It was today January twenty eighth, nineteen ninety seven. O. J. Simpson's fate was placed in the hands of a civil court jury. They had to decide if he could be held liable for the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goeman. The jury found that Simpson was liable ordered him to pay thirty three point five million dollars in damages, but the problem with that.
Speaker 2: He didn't have thirty three point five million. I would have that, but.
Speaker 1: Also you cannot in certain states, I believe, you cannot touch anyone's pension, so he could not touch his NFL pension, so he had that stuff. But they did get his prize possession, which was his hero.
Speaker 5: Which, by the way, so i've got an honor the great Norm McDonald with one of his greatest jokes in my eyes, he was the presenter at the sb's for an award. Yeah, and he said, you know, I can't remember which football player was, but he said such and such as here tonight just won the Heisman Trophy and said, that's some kind of accomplishment for you to win this Heisman trophy. And by the way, that's something that nobody can take away from you unless you murder your girlfriend and her lover. Oh boy, just a great line, right, it is you know, it is Norm McDonald, the great Norm MacDonald. It was today nineteen ninety eight President Clinton's plane, Air Force one, accidentally rolled off the tarmac tarmac while it was taxiing out of the airport in Illinois. It became stuck. The Boeing seven O seven it says, I thought it was a seven forty seven. It says the Boeing aircraft was moving slowly and it just started. It was starting to go towards the runway and it took off and left the tarmac and got stuck. The pilot raised the planes, ereved the plane's engines twice, trying to generate enough power to move it, but with no success. It was stuck. They had to get it told out.
Speaker 2: This is the story. Yeah, this day in history that was. This was the boy slow news day.
Speaker 5: You should have put off the height. Let me tell you how we passed the time? Oh, baby, one more.
Speaker 1: It's that technically a crash maybe, yeah, just getting stuck and stuck in the mud.
Speaker 5: All right, let's end on this when it was today. In twenty twenty one, people yet again proved they had more money than since the mittens that were worn by Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, remember that and the for Biden.
Speaker 2: For whatever reason, Bernie's mittens.
Speaker 5: So yeah, the mittens, and it was crossed. Everybody was bundled up. So funny in a case of somebody having more money than they do since the mittens worn by Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders to the Biden inauguration, were auctioned off and raised one point eight million dollars for the stupid right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you understand the It's kind of a boring day except for the shuttle thing. I mean, seriously, the invented they invented the rope, the rope that pulled people from skiing up. Why are you showing me that they voted the rope that they invented the rope that pulled people up?
Speaker 2: What else was in there that was fun? Was was? Was was freaking lame?
Speaker 5: I got it all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: That was kind of a.
Speaker 5: Difficulty. So if you heard the show.
Speaker 4: Jump got a bonus, Dear Squatchy for you guys today.
Speaker 5: Let you do it.
Speaker 2: Oh man, this is Leonard.
Speaker 4: Hi, Leonard need your advice, Dear Squatchy. I always thought that dating was supposed to be a two way thing, but it seems as if the girl I've been seeing for a couple of months doesn't see it that way. When we first started dating, I was happy to pay for dinners, shows, everything. Now it's become clear that that's expected. She'll even ask me if I want to go grocery shopping with her, and when it comes time to check out, She'll stare at me as if to say, well, what are you waiting for? Lately she's been talking about how great a trip to the Caribbean would be, And all I can think of is, yeah, for you? What's the best way to address this? Because I can't afford her?
Speaker 1: That's exactly how you put it, Dear Squatchy, you say I can't.
Speaker 2: We got to break up?
Speaker 5: Way? Whoa, whoa?
Speaker 1: What? Why I can't afford you? I'm buying your groceries. We don't live together. Okay, next thing, I have a feeling that you're gonna start asking me to pay for your car payment.
Speaker 5: Well, now the imagine insurance, Now you imagine it. Now that you mentioned that, a good idea, it's a great way to put it.
Speaker 1: We're done here. Why I can't afford you? Bye? Because obviously she you know, she's got about three or four other dudes for your money. Because you, my friend, are a classic sucker.
Speaker 2: You are one of the sugar daddies.
Speaker 1: You are a sucker.
Speaker 5: You're a sap.
Speaker 1: You're a sap, a sucker, you're what we call an easy mock.
Speaker 2: What is what else? Was sap?
Speaker 5: Sucker?
Speaker 1: Hey, Turkey, Turkey, you a turkey.
Speaker 5: Man, Hey, by your chest, you have a sister that is just as equally as goodible as you.
Speaker 1: Perhaps now the dinner, the dinners and movies and stuff, fine, would I would not allow.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry sorry.
Speaker 1: Even if she was like demanded to pay half, I'd be like, look, that's not how it works, bro.
Speaker 4: But going to Walmart for groceries and stuff for two hundred and fifty bucks and staring at me to pay for it, so what are you doing?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: And of course when she said the Caribbean would be great, yeah, he knows, Oh, this would be great.
Speaker 2: For you because I have to pay for all.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: We always whatever you girls that I went out with, we've always just payper rock scissors on who's going to pay for dinner? The paper? Rock scissors on the comedy club or the.
Speaker 2: Well if it's uh if?
Speaker 1: And after a while, if she doesn't say, I feel terrible that you have to pay for everything, let me get dinner tonight.
Speaker 4: And you know the trip to the Caribbeans going to involve swimming with the dolphins, going on the boat tours the nicest restaurants she can find.
Speaker 5: You bring up swimming with the dolphins round him? You you did that on Porpoise.
Speaker 1: It was no nice.
Speaker 2: Hey, Tony, is this your boho?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's gonna want all the excursion.
Speaker 2: And this is while on.
Speaker 1: The first date. I always inquire, you know. So let's let's dive into what's your job?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm yeah. How much does that? How much does that pay? I got a and uh, I wasn't marrying. No, I wanted No, it's only court, isn't it.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's not. It's too simple, it's too simple, simple minded. Christian Brothers Rufine. Go to christianbroroofing dot com or two four four oh two o eight give them a call. We've basically had every type of storm in the last couple of weeks, thunder, snow, we had hail, lightning.
Speaker 2: A bomb, a bomb, cyclone. Did we have one of those? I think we had a bomb cyclone. Yes.
Speaker 1: So if you think you have damage, they'll take it from there. It's a free estimate with Christian Brothers Roufine. They are the best at residential uh, and they do commercials. Don't forget that commercial roofing also, But they are really been around for decades and they are the best roofers in town. They have great relationships with their vendors, so as quickly a turnaround as you need, they will take care of it. Christian Brothers Roofing go to christianbroroofing dot com. I bet you got damaged from this last these last storms, and if you do, maybe a new roof is in in the in the cars for you. Christian Brothers Roofing back after
Speaker 2: This on news radio eight forty w h Ans