Speaker 1: At a.
Speaker 2: Book.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to be able to listen to the show without ads and have full access to bonus content, that's an option. To find out how, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com Forward Slash Podcast. Tonight's guest is Sammy Richardson. Sammy, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hey, Vick, I'm glad to be here.
Speaker 1: Well, it's great avenue. Thanks for your time. Sammy, Please give us a brief bio in yourself.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm an all at doorsman. I love the hunt, I love the fish camp. I work a lot, and family means everything to me. Also, it's about That's what it is for me, is family.
Speaker 1: Good man. That's how it should be. If you're an out doorsman. What's been the most frightening thing that's ever happened to you in the woods that wasn't dog Man related?
Speaker 2: That is well, about four years ago, I was coming up a long a ridge. I was coon hunting. The most frightening thing I've ever seen or heard besides dog Man is I've seen some spirits or mace. That's what I thought. Think it probably was because when you're I was let me even phrase this, I was all the way back in the mountains, like three or four miles away from any town or anything like that, and I was coon hunting. It was twelve to midnight, and I stumbled upon this graveyard and I didn't pay no attention about it. But then after a while I started hearing people talking and walking, so I ad met this. That was the scary part was when it was at midnight like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, I bet that was scary. I bet you're starting to wonder if ill Lucius Clay was going to pay you a visit.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's hard to talor's out here these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say that's definitely the case. You had your dog, mean an encounter close to a town called Jackson Mills in West Virginia. What can you tell us about the town and that around it.
Speaker 2: Well, Jackson Mills is in Lewis County, West Virginia, West well, it's west and West Virginia, but in Lewis County, the county is Lewis County. The town's western. Then Jackson Mills is about i'd like to say, four miles four or five miles from the town of Weston. And they do a lot of like phield Day stuff, and they got some old houses there, like during the Civil War and everything else like that. But it's an okay little town. I'mit that, but it could be. It was okay until I seen that dog win.
Speaker 1: Well that's how normally is. Most things are okay until you see a dog. Men, get it. Not to put words into your mouth. It sounds like you're seeing that town was around back when the Civil War was going on. Is that accurate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I'm not mistaken at least that's what they told me when I lived there at one place, even as a cannon.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty old town. Then are there many caves or mines around that area?
Speaker 2: Well, it was since the pipeline come through there and start working, they've opened up caves, just whole big old holes. There is some caves and mines for we there. Up there, there's a lot of woods and rivers and plenty of wildlife, so it's a perfect place for a predator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounds like it all this place has died. Comparing the spiritual experience you had up by that graveyard that night in the middle of nowhere in your dog meaning encounter, which experience was more frightening to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they both was about the same. Because I'll be honest with you, I don't know which one I'd prefer to been here in that night, dog Man or big Foot the spirits. I don't know which one I'd prefer to have been here.
Speaker 1: Now I get it, I do. We obviously know that dog men are in the area. And speaking of that, you know a guy who farms cattle pretty close to where you had your encounter, and from what I understand, he had something strange and unfortunate happened. Please tell us more about that.
Speaker 2: Well, Vic, I won't say his name because off record, you know he's had cattle for almost fifteen years now. One evening he got home from work and he's seen one of his cows was missing, which they tell you this. He does have a big farm. It's about a five hundred acre farm. So he went out in the field. He got on his four wheel and got out in the field and started driving around see if you could see it. Because a lot of times the cows go down in that bottom and get stuck or fed down and forget to come out. So he went down there he found his over one thousand pounds heifer toward the shreds like you stuck it through a wood chipper. But he also found some prince. They looked like wolf prints, but there was only two, not like a regular dog that would be on all four feet. There was only two prints like steps. That's what I'm put him up saying. But I'll be honest with you, big Hey. That night he called me scared to death because I mean he had his wife and kids there, and I mean I get that, which I would be on the protective too, because if something like that big can kill something that big, then it must be pretty big and mean.
Speaker 1: Well, i'd say so a thousand pounds, heffer. That's not easy, especially to do all that damage, not at all. If you've had a dog mean encounter that you need help dealing with, or if you'd like to be a guest on the show, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com and submit a report. If you've had a big foot sighting, we'll like to be a guest on one of my two big foot podcasts, Please go to my Bigfoot Sighting dot com. All right, seem me, please tell us about your encounter. Now give us the realist detail that comes to mind.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, a couple of years ago. I lived in Weston, Lewis County or I hadn't my encounter where up there in Jackson Mills. So I was around seven six, seven o'clock. I decided, I'm like, well, you know, oh well, I think I'm gonna go cat fishing, which I went by myself like I usually do. But it's like I said before, Vic, I'm a woods man. I don't get scared of anything that's out in the woods because it's more likely they're gonna fail you more than you fear them. But I got my gear and I got down there about thark, I got set up, got everything going, and I was just sitting there, nothing really biting. But after a while, about probably eleven o'clock, it start getting quiet, no crickets, nothing, And I've learned from my encounters, if the woods goes crying, there's a big predator around and more than likely that's stalking you. And well, the woods went quiet, completely quiet, and then I just I kept hearing something like like you know how you can hear things breathe, like heavy deep breathing, but more sounds like a dog panting sort of like at that's what it sounded like, which I thought it was like, well, maybe somebody's dogs over here or something like that, because people walks it around that all the time because it's air it's like an airfield, old airfield, and a lot of people drive, a lot of people walks it. But I kind of see why they don't walk in at nighttime. Me and myself, I got everything situating, and I was sitting there and then it just the breathing kept getting heavier and heavier and heavier. So I decided to get check it out. Then there's like a little a little walk crossing bridge that goes across the top and onto the main road. You can walk it. It's just a little crossing bridge there and which at the bottom you got a big old sea. He meant wall, and that's where my dog man was standing behind with his arm like cornered around around it, and he was just like peeking around it. But that dog man, he was around six and a half seven feet tall. The fur on him was like a grayish blackish fur coller. He his arms was probably almost three feet long. The piece, which that's a pretty long arm vic so he put arm, but he had it's his eyes that caught me. He was had solid red eyes. But I'll be honest with them. Eyes looked like almost human eyes. And that's honestly what damn I think that's what the scariest part was. It's because it looked like a human eye, but I know it wasn't human. The smell it smelled like death itself. It really did. It smell like death. But I mean, if you have a go out and woods and he smelled something dead or like a carcass or something, yeah, it could probably be a carcass. But in my experience, always keep a thought in the back of your head there might be a predator not too far from that, so he might be watching you. Not now, but the full screwcription of dog man. Everybody's got their own opinion on like their encounters, and my encounter, My encounter was the dog man was about six six and a half seven feet tall, long arms, big snout and now some people describes a dog man as you could see his fangs hanging down and like that, but this dog man wasn't. He had his teeth like he was snoring, you could see his teeth, but like it just was pretty much just a regular canine, just bigger. Of course, he had his twenty ears and his gray as blackish fur. And like I was talked about the smell, the spell is the most awful thing you have a smell in your life. Like, if I got any advice for anybody that wants to go out in the woods in the Appalachian Mountains, my advice to everybody is just because you think it's not there, doesn't mean it's not there. I live in the Appalachian Mountains. There's a lot of creatures in the Applatch Mountains, and dog Man's just one of many of the Appalachian Mountains creatures that lives in these mountains. If you're gonna go camping out in the Appalachian Mountains, don't take advantage of woods. But I'm sure people's said this. You go back and back and deep into woods the Apple Mountains. If he's just going back there like to miss around, you might not come out because in woods and ones can and ones can take you because you can get lost very easily. And one thing I really noticed about the dog man is is the way he his legs was like he wasn't straight like a regular canine or a human. They was more or less slanted a little bit and he like was leaned down a little bit like a hunchback. That's pretty much what it was. It's had a hunchback and his arms was just swinging. I just hope and pray nobody gets attacked. More likely you won't get attacked. They're just curious. They're just like a bigfoot. They get curious, especially if they have not seen anything like that before. Well, big I'll tell you this. I think these creatures are coming out of the woods because where civilization is moving into their territory, A lot of people don't realize how many how much woods has been destroyed to build like houses and stuff. More than there's a lot more than people really realizes. And like how people as their encounters like around towns and stuff. I think these creatures are they're being pushed out of their habitat and they have to come out in the open. I just sometimes makes you think if would everybody really be better off if there was more woods instead of big cities because there's things in the woods. You build a city in the middle of nowhere, this creature is gonna come out and investigate why he lost his woods. But from that, you got any questions, Rick.
Speaker 1: Did you tell everyone you could about your encounter, or keep it to yourself.
Speaker 2: For the most part, I told a few people, but I kept it to myself because a lot of people like to judge or complain about something, so I kept it myself mostly. But I'd tell anybody that would listen.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, I do, and I don't blame you. Yeah, most people wouldn't take well it hearing something like that, so I get it. Did you experience any lingering after effects from that experience, like nightmares or being afraid to head back into the woods.
Speaker 2: Well, at first I did. The first couple of nights. I did have a couple of nightmares. But for me, I'm an outdoorsman, I always will be an outdoors man, and I can't let some kind of creature scare me out of my woods because if you show fear, that's what they want. They feed off fear, and if you show fear, they'll keep pestering you and pestering you. But if you stand your ground and show them like, no, I ain't gonna be scared of you, one likely they'll leave you alone. There is like dog Man and Bigfoot. They are territorial, so more likely you won't get attacked by a dog man or bigfoot, unless if you're in their territory and if you're somewhere where they don't want you to be. I mean, like, well, let me ask you this, big It's like people like, would you want somebody to be in your home if you're not welcomed?
Speaker 1: Oh, of course not.
Speaker 2: And that's the same way the creatures feels. I mean, we're literally destroying their homes, destroying the places they have to live. I mean, it's not like they can get a job and live in the city, to live in a town, which I mean, I get civilization needs to build up. But what some people don't realize is everything costs price. They might think it's free now, but everything is just comes down to a price. And I'm not talking money wise, I'm talking about like loss pretty much anything like anything you could lose, like you know what I mean, Well I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just one of the rules of life. Is it was peaking at you from behind that tree. You said it showed its teeth, but could you ever see any expression on its face.
Speaker 2: It's more like expression on my dog man counter's face was more or less territorial. I think it was protecting something or so well, trying to scare me off because I think it was time to protect something, which I get that I've got my family, I've got kids. I feel the same way. Like if that dog man had pups, I don't blame it for being territorial, because I mean, when you want to protect your kids and your wife or family and anybody that's important to you. That's where a lot of people don't realize wick is. Yeah, dog men are wild animals, but family means everything to them if you actually realize it. Their pups means everything to them, especially with their mother feels like a mama bear really protective of their cubs and pups. They have every right because I mean, if you think about it, they ain't much different than humans. I mean they are, but their mindset sometimes their mindset and thanks like, I feel like they feel the same when it comes to family. Because I would do anything to protect my family. Why wouldn't the dog man be any different? Because I mean, if they got pups, that's their family. And I'll be honest with the VIC were the invaders on them. They was here way long before we got here, and they'd be here way after we leave. And I know for a fact, which a lot of people don't see it this way, like we're the invaders. We're invaded, we're taking their woods, we're taking their land, and it's making them have to be pushed out, pushing them out out of the woods. Because let me ask this vict how would you like somebody coming into your home and or coming up to you and say, just start pushing you out of your hat, like your home or habitat or any place you feel comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't like that at all either. Would you describe that dog man is looking more like a mutated wolf or more in the monstrous side, like a we're wolf?
Speaker 2: Well, which I've heard some things about wolves in West Virginia. I think it might be mutated somehow, because if you really think about just look how big a wolf is. A regular wolf, they're pretty big. But I've never seen a wolf that can get up just at least seven feet tall. That's just a little taller than a human, a regular size human. But it was more wolf than it was anything. And if I know which like I do, they must usually run in packs. That night of my encounter, there could have been two of them there, but I want to know it, like, you know what I mean big?
Speaker 1: Oh sure, if they didn't want you to know, Yeah, you're right, you wouldn't have known. You saw its legs. Did its lower legs look proportional to its thighs or skinny in comparison?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll be honest with you, it was more of me. I had a little bit of fan of one, but it was more or less skinny. Trying to think of a comparison when I compare it too, but I don't think I could think of anything.
Speaker 1: The reason why I asked that is some of my witnesses report seeing them where their lower legs are thick and really strong. They're not as thick obviously as their thighs, but they still look to be in proportion. Other eyewitnesses say that their lower legs from the hawks down looked surprisingly skinny. So that's why I was wondering.
Speaker 2: About that, well what they are, because I mean, you gotta realize, how fast do you think a dog man can run? Like if the dog man wanted to, if he really wanted to kick it down, he could bobby run up to fifty miles an now at least because something that big, because a wolf can run up to at least thirty miles an hour. Try having that on two legs with all that muscles. I feel like it can run away way a lot faster than people realize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just one of the many things about them that is so disturbing and unsettling. It really is that dog man came to within less than ten yards from you. With that in mind, you got a really good look getting as good of luck as you got. Though, what do you think dog men are?
Speaker 2: Well? In my one of my opinions, I mean, I've got nobody's got their opinion about it, and I've got a couple other opinions about it, but I'm trying to think of the name of it. I think dog men are wolves that was just like deformed at birth and somehow they was able to because I mean, if something's deformed at birth, you don't know how big it could get. You don't know what it could turn into. That's just the wildlife for you. It's a way of life. It's really hard to tell. I mean, you could have a regular wolf, then you could have a wolf that's six foot tall. But let me tell you this, Vick, So I said, I think it's been a year and a half ago. A hunter shot a big wolf in West Virginia and that thing measured up six foot long. And that thing was monstrous, and it was on two feet, it was on all four feet. If something like that could be out there, what could that not make If you think about it, that could just be the beginning of what a dog man might be forming into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when it boils down to it, if dog men can be out there, then anything can be out there. Yeah, that's not an idea that's going to give you the warm and fuzzies at all. How far do you live from the spot where that encounter happened.
Speaker 2: I live about forty miles from it now as I moved back home in my hometown Baxon County, West Virginia.
Speaker 1: So you live forty miles from that place now, But back then when it happened, how close do you live?
Speaker 2: About five hundred yards away? Wow, clothes, Yeah, it's pretty close.
Speaker 1: That's really close. Did anything ever happen around your home after that? They gave you the impression it might have followed you home and was hanging around.
Speaker 2: Well, at the time, I lived in a trailer corps and I'll be honest with you. I did think something was running around the wind at nighttime because I thought I'd seen something in the woodline. But I only seen it a couple of times, but then after a while just stopped coming back. But I will tell everybody this, the dog man, even bigfoots and spirits, if they get a chance, they will follow you back home. Some of them will, some of them won't. It's more fifty to fifty. One. Thing I can tell everybody is if you go out in the woods, be prepared for anything you could see, like in my experience Kerrie bear spray or pepper spray. Because my experience, you don't have to just worry about animals. You gotta think about it. You gotta worry about people too, because you don't know who could be out there or what they could be wanting to do. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh, sure I do. Yeah, you're more likely to have trouble from people than dogmen out there. What does that say You didn't broadcast your encounter to anyone who would listen and understand why you didn't do that, But did you almost feel guilty in a way to a certain degree, that is, for not letting people in your trailer court know about your experience or were you keep with not letting them know.
Speaker 2: I was more or less okay with not letting them know, because they wouldn't have believe me anyway. That's just the kind of people they are.
Speaker 1: Now I understand, and I believe you. I don't blame you either. Like I said, did it ever make any sounds? You said, it's stunk to high heaven. But did it ever make any sounds?
Speaker 2: Well, it more like may. And you know how a dog will be like panting and snarling and you can hear them like uh something like that. That is more or less what it was doing, like it was trying to intimidate me, whether it's teeth.
Speaker 1: Well, they love doing things to get a rise out of us, So that fits. And I believe it. You've been able to head back into the woods and do all the sorts of things you used to do before you had that encounter. But how much trouble have you had going along with the rest of your life, the part of your life that doesn't involve going into the woods.
Speaker 2: Well, really not really any trouble because I got used to the fact. But I knowed there was bigfoot out there, and I've got the me personally, I've got to investigate bigfoot, and I've got to be able to get so pretty good hard evidence of bigfoot me personally. I mean, if you think if there's a bigfoot out there, like what else could be out there? Because you really don't know if you got a bigfoot out there, what makes you think you don't have a grafting monster out there, a big foot or a wolfman or something like that.
Speaker 1: That's true, Like I said, if dog men are out there, then anything else could be. Now it was so close to home for you. But I'm going to ask you this anyway, Had you been to that spot where you had your encounter before you had that experience or was that the first time.
Speaker 2: I actually have been to that spot, because I've walked there and that's actually wasn't my first time fishing there either, but I always fished on the tame time. It was my first time coming out at nighttime.
Speaker 1: Was that your first time night fishing, period, or just the first time you'd fish that spot at nighttime?
Speaker 2: Just that first time fishing that spot?
Speaker 1: Okay, I see, Well, if that experience doesn't put you off night fishing, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Will Well, still I still god cat fishing. They don't bother me a bit.
Speaker 1: Now, I understand if I fish, I like the night fishing. I like to fish for catfish, So I definitely get it. Have you been back to that spot since you had that experience or did you swear I've ever going back to that location?
Speaker 2: Well, a couple of days after I had my encounter, I did go back, which I had some I take a friend with me, because I mean, two eyes is better than I mean, four eyes is better than two eyes if you think about it. But I have been back there, and it really don't bother me to go back there anymore. Their eyes they really never did. Does that the while? You get used to it, because I mean, if the dog man seeson you once, what makes you think they might all, Well, I've already scared him, so maybe I don't have to scare him anymore, because really, you don't know what a dog man's thinking in their head if you really think about it, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you definitely can't think for them anymore than you can think for a person.
Speaker 2: That's the facts.
Speaker 1: No, I do get it. There was another time when you think you might have had a dog man around. Please tell us about that experience.
Speaker 2: Well, the other time I thought I had a dog man around. I've had a couple of different times I thought I had a dog man around, and one of them is actually down here at my house I live at now. They early morning I heard something up on the hill. I thought it might have been bad because my dogs running side and hid, and they're hunting dogs. They don't do that. So I could hear a war. I never seen anything. I just heard that one war and then it disappeared and I never heard it again. What I think was a dog man. I think it might have been a bigfoot if you want my honest depending on it, because I've heard a bigfoot scream. But that's I'm more. When I had do investigations, I investigating bigfoot or really any cryptis factor encounter out there in the woods, but mostly bigfoot, because that's why I must usually often investigate and often get good evidence of.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, I do, And I'm glad you brought that bigfoot encounter up again. Would you be interested in coming on my Bigfoot Sighting the My Bigfoot Sighting podcast and sharing experience with bigfoot with my listeners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing that. I could even tell them about some evidence and if I would like to possibly get in there and find a big foot, I could probably help you with that. But one thing about me when I go bigfoot hunting is you gotta be quiet, and you gotta I'll pay attention. You gotta feel the woods in a phrase like you know what I mean, like fill the woods and listen to everything that's around you, every little thing, even every little twig breaks, because I mean, you don't know what's out there. You can go out looking for one creature and we find another one. But I wouldn't I wouldn't mind talking and talks about bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Oh good, that's really good news. Well if that's the case, then yeah, I'll just put a link to that episode of My Bigfoot Sighting where you come on and tell us about those experiences. And the description for tonight's show got to make it real easy for the listeners to find. But having said that, we're about out of time before we get out of here. Do you have any closing comments you want to put out there for us?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you all this. If you go, don't take advantage of gone out in the woods. Really, the woods can be very dangerous, more than people realize as there really is. Did you know how many people goes missing in the woods. I won't tell you. Roughly, I'll at least some like thousands of people a year goes missing in mountains and woods out in middle of nowhere. But one thing I can I'll ask of everybody is if you're going to go camping, don't bring no beer or nothing like that, or and just please always pick up your garbage, leave it like you found it.
Speaker 1: It'd be nice if more people practice that. Well. Having said that, thanks again so much for coming on to share the details of those experiences with us. I really appreciate it, and please remember, if I can never help you out in the future, just let me.
Speaker 2: Know, all right, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: It goes two ways. Well, thanks again so much, and have a great nights.