Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: The fifty five g rc He's Talk Stations Happy Friday, says Vucation.
Speaker 1: Well there you go. Joe Strecker must not be here. He's not Jousstrecker incndolences on his loss, is attending a funeral today, He's not here. In the fifty five Cary Morning Show covered by Sean McMahon doing the Joe Strecker's job today. I always appreciate when Seawan covers for Joe because he does such a great job. Coming up at the fifty five Cars Morning Show seven to five, first guest of the morning Dave Williams in the Taxpayer Protection Alliance. We'll find out about the late Shenanigans from the Post Office. I'll see if I can get him to chime in on the three point air six point eight million dollars per vehicle the Post Office has spent for electric vehicles and in the energy industry. GOP forgets what the free market is and topic number three with Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance New recycling regulation should be a good time. He's always a enlightening fellow from the tax Payer Protection Alliance. Corey Bowman run from mayor of the City of Cincinnati. He'll be in studio at eight oh five talking about yesterday's crime meeting. Corey is circulating some crime statistics yesterday on his Facebook post and not a pretty picture. Crime's not looking great in the city Cincinnati. Of course, they did have that special council meeting yesterday to talk about that. We'll get into the details of that, and then you heard the top of the our names a few of those details. Of course, it being Thursday, iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratliffe joining the program today. We're talking about TSA creating a family on the fly program. We'll learn together what that is. Southwest Airlines announcing the date that they will go to all assigned seating, and we may dive into the Delta regional jet and the B fifty two Bomber well duck dive dodge dipping' duck or whatever. The five d's a dodgeball go. Yeah, it's not a pretty fixture when it happens with airplanes anyway, That among other topics with Jay Ratliff. Always enjoy having Jay on the program, and I hope you enjoy hearing it as well. Tomorrow Tech Friday of course every Friday at six thirty we do Tech Friday with Dave Hatter, and then we'll also hear from Senator John Houston on a variety of issues. That is tomorrow and the fifty five KRC Morning Show, and you can feel free to call this morning. I love hearing from listeners, and I prefer you to steer the direction of the conversation since I have a multitude of directions to go. Either rely on near, you rely on yourself. I want three seven, four, nine, fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and two to three talk or pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Just a quick reminder of fifty five krs to get my conversation with Jack Winsor on the failure of the House to override some of Mike Dwine's property tax related Vetos Marcel Sturbage running for Secretary of State. He was in the studio. I like that guy. He's got some good ideas and he has very laser focused on his principles and his ideas. Americans for Prosperity about overriding Dewines. Vetos one was overridden and we heard from Donovan and Neil for Americans for prosperity on that one. Also a big picture with Jack added that's a worthwhile segment to listen to every Wednesday at seven oh five. Get the podcast again fifty five care Sea dot com. While you're there, make sure you get your iHeartMedia apps so you can download it to your smartphone and listen wherever you happen to be to all the iHeart content. All right, So the City Cincinnati council members and may have to have Pervoll, along with Police Chief three Strategi and City Manager Cherylong all got together to discuss crime in the city of Cincinnati see if they can't figure out what they can do to help try to curb the crime, violence, the the youth running amok in the street. Of course, the curfew came up quite a bit, so the unanimously adopted have to have Provoll's motion calling for a review of several different strategies. So I guess we need to vote to table the discussion to hurrumph over it more down the road at some point. At least that's a takeaway I got. I could be wrong on that. Cheryl Long said her office is likely make some recommended changes to clarify some of the motion's language and ensure it's logistically possible for the insane Police Department to follow up on it. Long said the Police Department and Police Chief Fiji are still conducting an internal review of the policies and procedures and how those fit with any new ordinance that may be passed, any new ordinance that may be passed. If you don't know what the ordinance is, you don't have language and what the ordinance is, what it's supposed to do, how can you make a determination about how anyway? Logistics Apparently a Fiji implied that curfew enforcement may not be the only change to curb youth crime in the future. See the problem is they're no longer enforcing curfew the way they used to and it's interesting statistics posted by David Ferraro over the Cincinni Acquiring Thanks for reporting on it. The way things used to be with curfew enforcement and the way things are now, there's been a sort of a societal change in how we view curfew and know and whether we hold these children responsible for criminal activity or just pick them up and put them in a youth center or something. Anyway. Fiji, for her part, says she's still aggressively pursuing some kind of parental accountability initiative. Maybe that's the ultimate key. I don't know how you legally get the parents involved, but maybe if there's a history of the child being out after hours and committing crimes, parents have knowledge of that, you can charge them with some measure of responsibility. Because they have a known recidivist child that they're not watching or taking care of, or otherwise holding accountable within their homes, there may be a legal way of getting at the parents for not well minding their own children. Fiji said she's been working with the city's law office to determine what that initiative could be or what form it would take. I will admit from an attorney perspective, it is a bit complicated issue there holding parents accountable for what their young people are doing at night. She also mentioned stolen firearms, a lot of them from vehicles. Please, please, please, if you're going to keep a firearm in your vehicle, make sure it's in a safe that's affixed, like within the trunk space or something, or bring it inside with you when you leave your car. Anyhow, she claimed that stolen firearms are very much a concern, particularly when it comes a youth crime, because, of course, as she said, every time a firearm is stolen and increases the risk that it's being used, and as shooting her homicide. Yeah, G did acknowledge. DG. The data show some of the crimes being committed by juveniles in the city have taken place in hours of the night that of course would be subject to curfew restrictions which are still in place. Credit to Felicia Jordan reporting, our first look does indicate there are some specific neighborhoods in our city that the youth disorder is occurring after curfew hours. All right, She's honed in on specific neighborhoods. In other words, it's not happening everywhere. It's predominantly in specific neighborhoods targeted law enforcement. She said, if the curfew enforcement is implemented, she wanted it all year round instead of just and focusing primarily on Friday and Saturday evenings, which makes sense, but year round as opposed to just the summertime, which I guess is what the focus is with the police department in summertime hours of course, because the kids aren't in school, but makes you kind of scratch your head and wonder if some kids are roaming around the street to three o'clock in the morning on a school night, that they're actually going to school anyway. Another main focus for many of the council members whether a violation of the curfew by a minor would result in here we go criminal charges on their record. Manager Long. City Manager Long said that in a perfect world, she would prefer a system where law enforcement took children violating curfew to what they call a curfew center that would operate as a safe space to keep the kids out of harm's way while providing them with education on why their behavior was wrong okay, And from there the parents would be contacted to come pick up the child or the children, or alternatively, the child could stay at the curfew center until a guardian could be reached. Courted Long, the main goal to make sure kids are in safe places during the overnight hours. And I kind of laughed a little bit on that one. The kids that are out violating the curfew, I think, aren't they the ones that represent the criminal challenge to the rest of the community. Aren't they the ones that have been labeled as the ones target Are the ones like causing the most problems anyhow, Council Amika Owens, it sounds like it's a step in the right direction because we're not approaching it in a punitive way. We're approaching it in a holistic way. Yeah, this whole idea of criminalizing or giving children a criminal record, that's the sea change we've gone through. That used to happen, and it doesn't anymore because we don't want to label a child and give them a record and have that follow them around the rest of their life, even though they're the ones that did violate the law. Beyond curfew informentive enforcement. Another topic expanding the banks twenty mill in over policy to other areas of downtown. Now, you recall that the businesses at the bank's fund current security details for the area that surrounds those businesses so people can walk around with their drinks in the Dora area. It's exclusive to twenty one in older folks. But now they're talking about additional funding options. When asked, City Manager Cheryl Long said there is a possibility the business owners may ask the city to use taxpayer dollars to fund the expansion of the twenty one plus era area. Owen said what Mika owens, what I'm open to is if a business has impacted as a result of violent crime disruption, being a good faith partner in that I think requires public private investment. We see it in all other things too, and I don't think it should be any different. So at some point, your taxpayer dollars City of Cincinnati taxpayers are going to be used to fund additional law enforcement in certain areas. So the banks we'll get extra special treatment, extra law enforcement officers which they're currently paying for because it's their businesses being impacted. It'd be like you hiring a private security guard to hang out on your front porch to prevent people from I don't know, doing whatever around your home. Your home, your expense. That's the way it currently is around the banks with these business owners. Now it's being suggested that city taxpayer dollars be used to increase law enforcement presence in the bank's area. All the other neighborhoods are scratching their head, going, well, wait a minute, what about the crime in my neighborhood. Don't I deserve extra police or private security details? Maybe just asking for a friend five seventeen Hang on, I see namster Garam sir, I just looked up and saw your on the line. I'd love to take your call, but I am out of time in this segment by at least a couple of minutes, so we'll be right back after these brief words. This is fifty five KARC and Iheartrate Happy Thursday five one three, two three talk. Let's go to the phones, got new Hamster Gary Online. Gary, thank you so much for holding over the break there. Welcome back to the fifty five CARC Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Brian, I was enjoying your government could never be a poor replacement for a parent or a inrresponsible parent. That government could never replace that.
Speaker 1: Never, never, And isn't it crazy? You know all the all the societal problems that are created as a consequence of poor parenting, and we always look for government solutions for that when the key is literally at home, and I know there's it's it's it's a challenge and not everybody's a great parent, find but so much of how we lead and live our lives is really is the consequence of what mom and dad taught us and the guidance they provided to us, and then the absence of any of that guidance, care, concern or love you in with some really really toxic people out there.
Speaker 3: Hey, what I really called in for, though, is there is a very good article on the Daily Wire. It's absolutely horrifying and it involves all of us, whether we're in it or not. You know, it's organ donor network program. Absolutely horrifying. The stats are incredible. You know, hearts are going for two million dollars livers or one million dollars. And the Trump administration just did a big investigation on the procurement Transploint network and found out of three hundred and fifty one cases that were tried, thirty percent we're showing cognissant response. That is, they were still showing neurological responses. And out of the three hundred and fifty one, twenty eight we're still alive. And the article also goes into talking about people who were cognisant own much that they were actually saying no, and they actually woke up in the dissection and harvesting of their plant, their their organs, and died hours later. And there's actually a case of several people who were cognizant alive and they survived the dissection because the doctor stopped and is absolutely horrific. And here's the here's the bigger thing. You think you remember when you've got your driver's license, they would always ask if you're if you want to be an organ doner. I was an organ doner, Sure, why not everybody was? And then they how they honor this and all that. But here's the bigger thing. Back in two thousand and six, they changed it from a from an opt out opt in to an opt out the only way. That's why they don't ask the question. You're automatically in the program once you get a driver's license.
Speaker 1: Well I had never heard that, and I am kind of struggling with the concept that the state has some sort of claim to your organs as an automatic opt in. Whether there's some legal challenge. Yeah, I can't commentate. I'm a voluntary organ doner, so I'm not worried about what you're referring to. And of course, if they did something along those lines, it would be thoroughly actionable. The family members could sue the hospital for you know, probably punitive damages for harvesting organs from people who aren't dead yet. So you run a huge risk if you're doing that so whatever I've heard this claims over and over. I mean, my entire life, I've been hearing that, don't be an organ donor because they'll, you know, they'll take extra steps to not you know, treat you or try to cure you, just so they can harvest your organs. You know. Maybe I'm naive, maybe I'm gullible. I like to think I don't live in a world like that. But if someone can use anything I've got in my body after I'm dead, I don't need it anymore. So please have at it and make your own life a better thing, because I'm dead and don't need it. Five twenty five, fifty five KRSD Talk station. I have to read the article. I'm not familiar with the research that was done where they got their statistics and information. But if what you describe to me actually happen, and it's been documented, then I see a very clear cause of action right there against whatever medical clinic or hospital engage in that kind of activity. It's basically murder. Five to twenty five. Right now, stick around with local stories. Alternatively your phone calls, which I always prefer to be right back fast approaching five twenty nine. Here, if it's five kr CD talk station Friday. Let's go to the phones' see what Tom's got this morning, Tom, thanks for calling. Is always welcome back my friend.
Speaker 4: Hey, go morning.
Speaker 1: How are you doing today? I'm doing pretty good. I guess all things considered, you know, close to we're one day close to a Friday, which puts a smile on my face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of cool. This morning, walked out, walked out of the house to go to the truck and blow thehold of family. A deer out in the backyard. Oh yeah, there looking at me. And I tried to get a couple of pictures, but it's awful hard to do at at five o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: We got them all over the place. It's been a fortune and deer scram Yeah.
Speaker 4: See you're you're reading the weather report. Sounds like it's summertime. So yeah, it's just miserable. It's just miserable out there. So yeah, we had a reprieve a couple of days ago when he visited it down. I was able to do some stuff outside without getting totally drenched with sweat. But you know, it's it'll it'll be. My advisory starts a little before Memorial day and it ends October first. That's why the advisory. It's just not out there. The reason I called this morning. Anything I want to mention was the all that that curves you down in Cincinnati. Oh boy, that's just gonna pick everything. Uh, let's let's not worry about dealing with anybody that caused it any problems. Let's just let's just either make a new rule or or or take this rule and adjust it. Oh, that'll solve everything. These people down there, they really don't know what they're doing. They have no clue on how to deal with crime and problems for the community. They just they want to get up in front of cameras and they want to make a statement and have a photo off, and and they really don't have a cool there. I mean, obviously they're Democrats, so that's pretty much a given. But I just I don't understand why it's so difficult for people to say, you know what, you're breaking the law. You're going to jail, you're gonna be in trouble, We're gonna do something to you because you broke the law. There's there's consequences for your bay. Now let's let's just say all you kids under eighteen, you got to be in the house by ten o'clock. There you go, problem solved. These people are absolutely stupid, and the people that are more stupid are the people that vote for them. Don't vote Democrat. Have a great day, Brian.
Speaker 1: Thanks Tom. He always arrives at that conclusion. However circuitous. The journey may be five point three, seven four nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred eight to two three. You talk found five fifty on at and t phone.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah. With regard to this this curfew enforcement continuing a theme, I started out the morning show talking about that meeting essay with Cincinni City Council, the police chief and city manager, and the mayor. According to David Farrar's reporting from The Inquirer, since its introduction in the mid nineteen and mid nineteen ninety, Cincinnatis had a curfew for people under the age of sixteen after ten pm, sixteen to eighteen after midnight meeting. You can't be unaccompanied in public areas after those hours. Very easy to understand. That's report of the enforcement is ebbed and flowed over time. Officers in the early two thousands, they said, used to conduct curfew sweeps sometimes picking up over one hundred utes in one night.
Speaker 5: HM.
Speaker 1: However, enforcing curfew is described as difficults they manage to share along said they're looking to ways to make it easier to enforce and quil rights. Part of the issue might be how the violations are handled in juvenile court. Before twenty twenty two, curfew violation heard unofficially and considered an unruly charge in the eyes of the court. According to a spokesperson for the juvenile court, if the same child had a second curfew violation, he or she was in violation of the court order not to violate curfew, and then the court could hear the case officially. But by twenty twenty two, courd to the spokesperson, a nationwide change pushed back on criminally charging miners for repeat violations of ordinances that aren't against law, the law for adults. So if you're treating children the same, that's not fair. Just sounds like a fairness argument. We can't label these unrulely children with a repeat violation criminal charge. It would be bad, it would be on their record forever. I'm sure this is part of this enlightened view of law enforcement. The curfew begins being enforced again. Council members stressed through the meeting yesterday that it would not be about arresting children, which isn't that what the curfew is for anyway. When as during since a council meeting whether the children in violation of the curfew would be charged with a crime, City Manager Long said she didn't have the answer to that yet. She's working with the legal department to figure that one out part along it's plans, including reintroducing curfew centers where the city could take the miners who are out too late. They would until their parents would come and get them. Now, we had these back in the nineteen nineties. The cord of the Inquirer after the plan in nineteen ninety four to established citywide youth curfew. Part of the plan involved extending hours at rec centers in Evanston and Price Hill. Curfew violators brought to the centers staffed by wreck workers and AA Sin Saint police officer. But the Inquiry reports criticism by city police in the years following that over the costly monitoring of the curfew centers and that fewer than four percent of juveniles picked up on curfew violations were even brought there resulted in their closure. So they've done this exercise before and apparently it didn't work. Inquiry reports that years later, after an uptick and gun violence concerned residents in the summer twenty fifteen, the idea of this resurf fits. Then police Chief Jeffrey Blackwell proposed the plan that involved once again enforcing the city's youth curfew and opening curfew centers and districts four and five. Any teenager breaking the curfew Thursday through Sunday would have been brought to the curfew center and then parents would be called to pick them up. Weeks later, the plan ruse revised, cutting out the curfew centers. City manager of the time Harry black told the inquired communities were uncomfortable with the idea. You draw your own conclusions on what the hell that's supposed to mean, because I have no idea.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, Long said the newly proposed curfew centers wouldn't be at rec centers because she doesn't want the children to have a negative association with them. Oh, that's the place where they take the curfew violators. All right, Okay. Hours of operation outside of curfew hours would be the normal rec center hours when it's a fun, enlightening place to safe space to enjoy and have some fun. After the correct center closes in the evening hours, that's when it becomes a place to take the curfew violators. I think we can draw a clear distinction between the hours of operation of what goes on there anyway negative association. During the discussion about the curfew of the city council, meaning Vice Mayor jam Mischelle lemon Kearny said, when the curfew has been enforced in the past, residents have complained that it hasn't been enforced evenly in all neighborhoods, which takes me back to the prior article about this. Apparently, at least according to the police chief, there are hot spots. There are areas where this is a more of a problem than others. Our first look does indicate that there are some specific neighborhoods in our city that the youth disorder is occurring after current curfew hours, So we know where the major violations are happening. The hotspots recurring at the same spots over and over again, and that's where the police law enforcement might want to show up to enforce curfew. And yet that's not even enforcement in all neighborhoods. Well, not even enforcement all neighborhood because apparently it's not happening in all neighborhoods. MS Kearney six five thirty six fifty five k see the talk station stack, Oh stupid coming up or your phone calls. Maybe you can analyze this for me and explain it to me, because I'm a bit confused right now. I'll be right back by forty one fifty five KRCD talk station Friday Eve Dave Williams tax Payer Text Alliance at seven oh five. Corey Bowman running from Air of the City of Cincinnatian Studio at eight oh five. He also will be talking about the uh the crime related issues that were discussed yesterday in the specialist Ince SAT Council meeting and Jay Ratliffe. Of course I heard me the aviation expert every Thursday at eight thirty uh five one three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk Let's dive into the stack is stupid. I don't know if I'm an old school guy or what beauty is in the IB holder. Some people like full frame, I mean from a guy perspective women like I think about women, and I am not a full frame kind of guy. One of the reasons why I'm so happy and I outkicked my coverage with my life. Patit little things she is. But anyway, some people like the body mod Some people think having a giant bottom is worth spending money for plastic surgery on. And I know that goes on, but it does come with some risks. As we turned the first stack of stupid this morning, Chelsea Robinson, a self proclaimed model and businesswoman, apparently enjoys plastic surgery procedures and has a lot of them done, having spent over one hundred and forty thousand dollars on various cosmetic procedures. She's only twenty nine years old, and some body image issues there, at least from my perspective. Sorry anyway, I booked a flight to the Dominican Republic from London in twenty nineteen to get a butt implant procedure. Quarter to the reporting the New York Post, the Caribbean known for offering more affordable yet skilled procedures compared to the United States. During an interview, Robinson recalled the traumatizing story of how her plastic surgery went wrong. She said, when I got back from the Dominican Republic, I went to the gym. I was squatting in the gym and I felt something. My leg went all tingly and I felt something come out. My implant was hanging. Described as rare but definitely possible. It's normal for butt implants to shift around as you use the muscles in the area. However, if they moved too much, it could be a cause for problems. According to Westlake Dermatology quote, excessive implant shifting is typically caused by a tissue pocket that is too large for the implant, which leaves room for the implant to shift. Shifted implants gives your buttocks an unnatural shape and require revision surgery to properly place and secure the butt implant. So I grew up in a time when women complained about their butts being too big and they wanted to get make them smaller. The concept of making your butt bigger is just foreign to me. Anyway. She ended up having to spend eighty five thousand dollars on corrective surgeries to fix her bottom, and further in the article more problems related to butt implans. Beyond moving around, patients also have to be aware of a side effect of butt surgeries, that being specifically a stinky smell. Doctor Eric Anderson from Chicago blaze based impressions, face and body. I guess the cosmetic surgery facility the BBL smell is real, often described as musty or sour. To cause of the side effect are not keeping your bottom clean and more fundamentally, tissue death or fat and necrosis. According to the doctor, when there is more fat in an area than the blood supply allows, the fat will die through a smelly process called fat necrosis, which can lead to infections and need antibiotics, hospitalization, and even sepsis translated even deaf. Great, I'm gonna sign up for that. Maybe be prudent not to go to someplace where you're where you're getting a surgery like that at a discount. That's kind of red flag there, Doctor Fred Pack, Doctor Megan Frew, the dynamic duo of dentistry. Get a great dentist, you're gonna have a great dentist. You're gonna want to go to the dentist. And I've got a great dentist, Doctor Pack, And I know doctor fru is an outstanding dennist. Because my listeners keep telling me about her, she is apparently amazing. I'm doctor Peck, You're not in jeopardy. I promise I'll continue to come see you for my regular dental appointments. Outstanding clinic. Doctor Peck has just been always at the forefront of all things dentistry for the benefit of his patients. But he also is one of the best cosmetic dentists ever. One of only three fellows at the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry in the entire state of Ohio, heat has performed life transforming smile makeovers. If you do not like your smile, you may have the benefit of the cosmetic dentistry and you are in the best possible hands with doctors Peck and doctor Frew offering her fresh perspectives. She's working on her accreditation with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry for all things dentistry general, all the way through the most amazing cosmetic dentistry, You're in the best hands. Peck Peck pecksmiles dot com, Peck smiles dot com five one three, sixty one, seventy six, sixty six sixty one, seventy six, sixty six, Jena nine first one whether fourcass starts with the heat advisory beginning at eleven this morning last year until eight pm. So we got a sunny, hot, humid aay ninety two feeling more like something beyond one hundred degrees clearst guys every night with slight chance rain seventy two for the low, mostly sunny. Tomorrow's spotty afternoon showers possible, very humid high on ninety over nine clouds, slight chance rain seventy three for the low and ninety one the high on Saturday, partly body with a chance. The storm's late day uh seventy three degrees. Right now, it's gonna travel.
Speaker 5: Update from the UCL Tramphing Center.
Speaker 7: You see Health, you find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you see health dot com. Clean slate on the highways this morning, no wrecks to deal with, not even an overnight work crew slowing things down. I've seen no trouble at all. And in Bend seventy four that's under ten minutes from June seventy five and the coal ring split to the seventy five ramp, Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr SAT Deep talk station.
Speaker 1: Five fifty two fifty five KERCD talk station, and a Happy Thursday. I gotta stack is do we get a couple of minutes here in the segment A couple's decision to join the mile high Club? You know what that is? On a flight from Sarasota ended up blowed. They landed in jail. Investigators said they received a complaint from a flight attendant at a Jet Blue flight out of John F. Kennedy Airport in New York to Sarasota. Happened on the nineteenth this month. Flight attendants said several children and their mother witnessed Christopher Arnold, forty two, and Trista Riley, forty three, engaging in sexual activity during the flight party over. Apparently they didn't make it into the bathroom there. Sean didn't get to the bathroom now out in the open. Sarah Sotamnathy Airport Authority police arrested arnold' reilly from Danbury, Connecticut after the plane landed, now facing charge of lewd and lascivious exhibition jail records so that they had been released on their own recogning since scheduled to be arraigned on the fifteenth of next month. You know, I I might remind folks, I don't recommend you going into the bathroom to accomplish that feat airplane bathrooms notoriously disgusting and filthy. Just throwing it out there, looking out for your hygiene. Go to Shreveport, Louisiana. Shreeport Police Department is aware of the pictures circulating around social media involving one of their police cars being washed at a car wash hosted by a local strip club. Department issued a statement, this is not the image we want representing our department. Statement released yesterday after Larry flint Hustler Club posted on Facebook a picture showing several women washing a Shreveport Police Department squad car, along with a statement. As a token of our appreciation, all police officers receive five dollars admission every day at Larry Flint's Hustler Club, stream Port. When you're off duty 're just taking a break, We've got your back. Come on in, enjoy the night with us. Let us show you some love for all you do. Exclamation point officers in uniform will receive a complementary non alcoholic beverage out came the statement, our officers are held to a high standard, both on and off duty. We expect to remember this department exercise sound judgment. It'll hold the values in foster the public trust. We will support the community engagement in terrible efforts. The setting and optics of this particular event are not in line with the professionalism we strive to maintain. We have identified the officers involved. I guess the ones that pulled in their squad car to get the wash. The behavior and behaviors such as this will be addressed. Mayor's officeition to statement as well saying the city fully supports the chiefs leadership. We support Chief Smith in its efforts to the whole officers accountable and take appropriate disciplinary action when behavior does not reflect the standards of the department and the expectations of our community. On Tuesday, the club posted something similar, offering a discount to Shreveport firefighters and EMS personnel. This time the post included a cartoon drawing rather than actual photos, although I imagine the Hustler Club probably had actual photos of the EMS vehicle getting a wash down. They just didn't want to get anybody in trouble because they liked the repeat business. Coming up at five efty sixty five KRCD talk station, Feel free to call. We got other things we can talk about in the next hour. I will be right back Today's top stories at the top of the hour. It's information that matters to me. Fifty five KRS the talk station six o five the fifty five kr CD talk Station. Brian Thomas wishing everyone a happy Thursday slash Friday Eve. Looking forward to one hour from now, Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance returns. Protecting Taxpayers dot org is the website. We'll talk about the latest shenanigans from one of his favorite topics, know not the streetcar, the post office topic, to the energy industry, the Republicans forgot what the free market is, and finally new recycling regulations. That's what Dave Williams. Coming up in an hour two hours. Fast forward to eight oh five, we'll get Corey Bowman, mayor old candidate he is. He'll be in studio to talk about the crime problem that was discussed in since a city council exploring enforcing maybe curfew enforcing curfew the way they used to, although not with any criminal charges in connection with it. They're concerned about, I guess labeling children or something. Anyway, they used to enforce the curfew pretty heavily. I mean it's one report from the enquir I think it was the you know, pulled in like one hundred youths in an evening, and some quite a few years ago. Anyway, Kurfy's been in affects I guess the nineties, and they just don't bother enforcing it, and I've heard a lot of complaints with the police officers. It seems pointless to enforce it because there's no repercussions ergo that leg of the criminal justice system, punishment and deterrence not there. So Corey Bowman on the solutions if he has any to the crime problems in downtown Cincinnati. I heart media aviation expert Jay Ratliff a variety of different topics with Jay, as is always the case, love closing the hour out and ending the Thursday morning show with Jay, fun conversations with him. I always enjoy fun conversations with you too. Feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Something I saw that was really disturbed by this and immediately thought of the Democrats during the Trump administration talking about Trump putting people in cages, the whole southern border situation and the problems that Trump was dealing with and facing. He was the one that wanted to build a wall, and that was the object and the subject of a lot of contentious debate. We don't need a wall. We need a wall. We just need to change our enforcement our immigration laws. Know we don't. We just need to enforce the ones that are on the book. You remember the same old story, but a whole lot of criticism he'd done on Donald Trump for the way the migrant population was treated and the children and all that well, low and behold. During the four years of the Biden administration, of course, we had the wide oven borders. We all are painfully aware of the number of small and often unaccompanied children that were coming into the southern border as poor children, the victim of all kinds of abuse, sexual and otherwise, and where they were placed. There seems to be some big question mark living around over how where these children ended up, and the fact that a lot of them fell off the radar. Well. Apparently, last week the House Committee on Homeland Security had a hearing in which it was discuss us how these non governmental organizations are still working to help inadmissible illegal aliens undermined federal immigration law to the Trump administration. This according to a Homeland House GOP release. Mike Howell, described as president of the Oversight Project, Ali Hopper, founder of an organization called Guard Against Trafficking, and Julio Rosas with Blaze Media all testified during the hearing. During the testimony, they revealed the Biden administration allocated six billion with a be in funding and grants to non government mental organizations through the Department of Homeland Security and Health and Human Services, among others, six billion dollars going out to non governmental organizations. They all testified about these unaccompanied children being handed over to the non governmental organizations at the border. Mostly those organizations would then pass the children and off to how they described it as poorly vetted sponsors, resulting in more than three hundred thousand children unaccounted for at the border. Representative Michael Gass Republican talking about a specific enngy. You get a load of this funding. This is one of the more corrupt elements of this. Not only do you have the corrupt reality of an open border and the radical, radical change in the landscape out here within the population, the makeup of the population change. You know, we have all these concerns over the criminal elements because a lot of countries emptied out their jail. So you know a multitude of problems of allowing having open borders, plus the weight on the social welfare safety net that it places on it. But that we were funding, and I'm sure to the delight of the people who run these ungovernmental organizations and patting their salaries with this money that's being shelled out. So I guess when you're hiring a non government organizations, it's an admission that the government itself cannot deal with the influx of all these unaccompanied minors. We need an organization to do it. Here. Let me hold my hand up. I just created one. We're here to help children. Okay, here's a check anyway. Representative Michael Guest said quote in twenty twenty, Endeavors, one of the non government organizations Endeavors is his name, reported fifty two million in revenue. In twenty twenty one, they reported six hundred and fifty eight million in revenue, a six hundred million dollar increase in one year. Ninety seven percent of that money came from you, the American taxpayer, via the federal government. In twenty twenty two, they reported one point one eight billion dollars, ninety seven percent of which came from the federal government. He said, you talk about how executives for Endeavors patted their pockets, that with this increase in revenue comes to an increase in salary, that the compensation for the CEO doubled. You know, when you hear someone say we're a nonprofit organization, fine, that doesn't mean you're not paying your your your principles. The CEOs and the CFOs boatloads of money heads of nonprofit organizations quite often make you know, six seven figures. It's not surprising that this is actually happening. You're getting a billion one point one eight billion dollars to provide to provide, you know, resources for these unaccompanied miners, and as it turns out, they really weren't. Yeah, you're gonna pad your salary, how the money was being used by the federal government to protect women and children's good question described as a shocking moment. Representative Ellie Crane, Republican from Arizona, mentioning Miss Hopper, he asked her what safeguards were put in place to protect vulnerable unaccompanied children. Her response quote, post placement welfare checks, which consisted of accord to the reporting, two phone calls, and if the sponsors didn't answer quote her words, the case was no longer followed up on close quote. She then testified, how about a Notice of concern hotline? This is really disturbing where people could report problems or concerns with the unaccompanied child's safety. Now, remember, these are going to poorly vetted families, Families that may have nefarious ideas about how they're going to treat those children, Families that might not really care about the children. They are being compensated to take care of that little tot, but how well they take care of it? I mean, going back to the whole problem. We got a curfew problem in the city of Cincinnati. There's a whole lot of parents out there that don't care that they're sixteen year olds running around at three o'clock in the morning in downtown Cincinnati. How much do you think these poorly vetted families care about these unaccompanied miners who have been put into their homes. Good question. They didn't do any damn follow up notice a concern hotline people could report these problems. From August twenty twenty three to January twenty twenty five, sixty five thousand calls into this Concern hotline went unanswered. Sixty five thousand. Now, some of the complaints, they say, were things like concerns about the food, but many calls were about abuse of the children. They pulled out one illustration a case where a child complained they'd grown men were coming into his room at night and touching him unaddressed, unanswered concern. I'd say that's a big red flag. According to Miss Hopper, testifying at this hearing last week, the Trump administration has at least gone through the sixty five thousand unanswered calls, made follow ups, and did welfare checks. And as to that latter illustration, apparently that child is now safe anyway. I guess it took a change of administration to even give a wit about what happened and is happening to these unaccompanied miners who are somewhere in the ether of the United States. Representative Crane asked about the ease with which people could sponsor a child. He suggested it was like adopting a dog. Miss Hopper said, no, actually, it's harder to adopt a dog, requires more paperwork for a pet shelter than it was required to sponsor a child. Isn't that rather alarming? Described as one of the more shocking moments, Representative Crane Asthma's Hopper how many staffers were assigned by the administration to answer the calls on this Notice of concern hotline. Her response one one. Meanwhile, that above reference non governmental organization saw a six hundred million dollar year over year revenue increase between twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, followed by another four hundred and fifty million increase in twenty twenty two. Republican Representative Carlos Yumenez had this to say. One of the greatest failures in American history, I believe, was not keeping track of children. And it wasn't like the folks that sit on the other side of this aisle weren't made aware by people sitting on this side of the aisle that it was happening, referring to the Republican Democrat division on this and they Democrats failed to do anything or speak out again, and really this atrocity that was happening to children coming through the border. This hearing is about the enrichment of certain NGOs and their part in this tragedy. But also one thing that we haven't talked about is not only that this administration, Biden administration enriched a lot of these NGOs, but the billions of dollars that flowed to the Mexican cartels through human trafficking, and all of it was done on purpose. Because you can't be that stupid. You can't be that dumb. In other words, you can't put your head in the sand and know this kind of thing was going on. Democrats are painfully aware of it. Their administration was in charge of all things border security related. They're the ones that hired the NGOs that were supposed to keep track of these hundreds of thousands of illegal undocumented children coming across the border. They're the ones that were supposed to answer the damn phone calls to the notice of concerned highline. They weren't, he concluded, And so the Biden administration lost track of three hundred thousand children, probably lost track of millions of other people migrants in the United States. Is they're being trafficked all around, some indentured servants, the children being indentured servants, and even worse in sex trade. This has to be one of the biggest scandals in American history. Well, subjective conclusion on what is the biggest scandal in American history? And as Summer suggesting, maybe it was the Obama administration's endeavored to well basically undermine Donald Trump's presidency. I've heard that referred to as one of the biggest scandals in American history. But this is obviously obviously a reflection of massive fraud, waste, and abuse with non government organization spending not following up on what the money was accomplishing. In other words, hey, we gave this Endeavors group one point one eight billion dollars in calendar you're twenty twenty two. Did anybody follow up and find out what they're doing over there? Anybody six eighteen fifty five K City Talk station, Jay, you are next? You don't mind holding for a moment. I want to mention Foreign Exchange because you know, I love saving money. If I can get a better good or service and spend less money on it, that just puts a smile on my face. And that's what you get at Foreign Exchange rather than going to the dealer. If you have a traditionally imported car Asia or Europe, or if you own a Tesla, you need to get it into Foreign Exchange where they will service that car to your satisfaction and you will pay less money than the dealer, and quite often a lot less than the dealer. That's what it's all about at Foreign Exchange. As certified Master Technician, I'll be working on your car. You get a full warranty on parts and service. Nothing to worry about there. Why not if you're going to save a heapload of money, that's the place to go in The Westchester location is the one I choose, been going there for years and years. That's Tylersville Road exit off of I seventy five east on Tylersville two streets, hanging right on Kingland. You're right there. I think there's a Cane's Chicken restaurant right there. That that that Kingland Drive turn you need to make anyway, stop in and get great customer service. Having repair of your car, you need a loaner. They've have access to loaner cars there as well. Carl Austin and the crew at the west just the location five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six, six four six, twenty six. Fine them online, go to foreign x form the letteratx dot com fifty five car the talk station here it is you'r channel nine first one and what forecasts he devised me. Starts at eleven this morning and lasts until eight pm. It's gonna be a hot day. It's gonna be a human day. It's gonna go up to ninety two, feeling more like something beyond one hundred. Great clear skies overnight, just a slight chance of rain seventy two to the low. Spotty showers in the afternoon. Tomorrow, otherwise mostly sunny, very humid, a high on ninety cloudy overnight down to seventy three with a slight chance of showers, and on Saturday partly clowny chance to storm's late day ninety one and humid. It's seventy three degrees right now, let's get a traffick.
Speaker 5: Up these probably you see out traffic center and you see help.
Speaker 7: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and make your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more. And you'd see how dot Com high ways not bad at all to deal with this morning. Northbound seventy five and northbound fourth seventy one both good. Coming across the bridges inbound seventy four wide open two past Montana. Chuck Ingram on fifty five care see deep talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty three fifty five k see de talk station. I'll go straight to the phones. Jay was kind of enough to stand hold over the break there. Jay, welcome back to the Morning Show and a happy Thursday to you.
Speaker 8: Hey, Happy Thursday, Brian, Hey, fantastic job on that last segment talking about the NGOs and kind of filling this in as you always do.
Speaker 9: The uh.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: The one thing about these NGOs we don't want to forget it that they don't exist because the federal government can't.
Speaker 1: Do the job.
Speaker 8: They exist because it's part of the Democrat money laundering machine. Give give a billion dollars to Stacey Abrams and how much comes back in the Democrat Party. Same with the war in Ukraine. And if there's one thing the Democrat Party can't ever be guilty of, it's having any concerns about children, whether they're born unborn. What's one hundred thousand kids If we can at police, the taxpayers well worth it. And every time there's an election, and we wonder why is it we're being outspent we as conservatives Republicans do we how is it we're getting out spent like ten to one?
Speaker 4: This is the answer. Give money to follow the money.
Speaker 8: And you know there has been sixty million children Americans aborted since eight so we think that several hundred thousand illegal immigrant kids are going to keep any Democrats.
Speaker 6: Up at night.
Speaker 8: They're evil and whatever you do, don't vote Democrats. Tipped my buddy Tom.
Speaker 1: Thanks Jay, appreciate it. Yeah, And maybe that's one of the reasons why they don't ever oughdit the money. They don't follow the money. The money goes out to the NGO for a stated purpose like Sesame Street in Iraq or something like that. So Ango grabs that money and probably pays their their CEO maybe three four hundred thousand dollars a year with the money so you got your own little, you know, built in revenue stream there. As you're running the NGO, do you actually do something to accomplish the goal that you're getting the money for. That's an outstanding question that exists. But where does all of that money go? Ultimately, after you pay the salaries, you got some leftover. Does some of it end up back in the Democrats pockets? Do you think there's a little nudge and a wink there when the money goes out the door? Do you think the organizations are chosen based upon their political leanings, that the money based upon their political leanings would likely end up back in the hands of one political party or the other. I think we're all reasonably jaded and cynical enough to you know, follow Jay's point, which is, yeah, I bet a lot of this money does come back into the hands of the Democrats to fund campaigns or ad streams or political action committees. It makes perfect sense, and maybe that's why the Democrats were pulling their hair out over the DOGE cuts. To us aid they had it sounded like the stupidity to run around and get all offended over the idea that we were going to quit funding you know, shrimp on treadmill research in China or something. You're really gonna die on that one? Is that the hill you want to die on. Democrats, you want to defend that kind of money going out the door. No, maybe the reason they were so upset about US cutting USA was for that reason. We just discussed that a lot of the money that went through USAID ended up back in their own hands. Sounds a bit conspiracy conspiratory. I a conspiracy theorist or along the conspiracy theorist line, But it all seems to make so much sense, and there's so little accountability. We're left to legitimately wonder whether that's exactly what happened. Six twenty seven to fifty five krc DE Talk Station five P one three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk give you another number here in a second. It's one for Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. They are awesome with what they do keep an area home safe, efficient and comfortable for about eighty years. Third generation family own and operated Zimmer has outstanding customer service. The price is always right. They can service whatever kind of unit you've got there HVAC systems or they can replace it. It was like, nobody wants to have to replace their HVAC system, so why not save a heafload of money when you're doing it. First off, you're working with the experts at Zimmer, which always is a great thing. Now if you get a carrier comfort system from them to replace whatever you've got now that's gone belly up, you'll say, fifteen hundred and fifty dollars take this thing out of something you don't want to have to spend the money on fifteen hundred and fifty dollars savings from Zimmer. Scheduled appointment to learn more about what they can do for your home at the website go Zimmer dot com up a right hand corner. Schedule the appointment go Zimmer dot com, or give them a call at five one three five one ninety eight ninety three. That's five to two one ninety eight ninety three fifty five KRC dot com. Turn out your radio. Here's a Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 10: All of these people that have been involved and what was the polluting and altering and this dissembling of this intelligence, they're going to have a hard time getting out of it. Because it seems to me my analysis and I want to see all the information before I come to my final conclusion is that they purposely antled this information that was put together by the intelligence community ordering a reassessment because it didn't have the conclusion that they wanted. The fact that this is that this declassification is saying it came directly from Barack Obama. Yeah, that would warrant him going before Congress and maybe a prosecutor and answering serious question.
Speaker 11: Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today right.
Speaker 10: Here, Hey, Sean Hannity here. You know I've been buying precious metals. Somebody gave me great advice. I'm so grateful every day that I did, and I've been doing it for decades. Every paycheck I get no matter what I put aside a portion of money to diversify into precious metals now, especially during uncertain times, remember the two thousand and eight financial crisis. Who do I choose to make my gold and silver purchases with? What company do I now use? Who do I trust? Well, I've been partnering with a great company for three years. I am a customer the company called gold Co Gold Coal will send you right now well free twenty twenty five gold and Silver kit to learn more about diversifying with Freshness metals.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 10: This kit from Gold Co Has been a huge help to me. I think you'll learn a valuable lesson. You'll also learn about their unlimited bonus silver offer. You're not gonna want to miss out. All you have to do is call no Obligation eight five five eight one five Gold, or just go to Hannitygold dot com.
Speaker 1: That's eight five five eight one five Gold.
Speaker 10: I'll go to the website Hannitigold dot com.
Speaker 1: Chan nine first one of one. Vocant's got a heat advisory beginning at eleven this morning ending at eight pm. It's gonna be a hot, humid day to day ninety two, feeling more like something north of one hundred degrees with the heat index overnight, clear sky for the most part, just to slight chance rain seventy two for looe mostly sunny Tomorrow, spotty afternoon and showers possible. Very human high a night, clady every night with the chance of showers seventy three the low, and on Saturday we'll see a high of ninety one. Again humid, and again a chance of storm's late day seventy three degrees. Right now, it's going to traffic update from the UCEL Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: You see help, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you see help dot com. Seven two seventy five break lights down Lawrence Burg Ramp to the bridge thanks to the ongoing construction. Everything else is so in pretty good shape with no accidents to deal with.
Speaker 5: Chuck ing Ram on fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty two coming up in six thirty two anyway, fifty five KRCD talk station over to some local stories here Bolokunty Corner's office identified the seventeen year old driver who got killed in a crash in Hanover Township earlier this week. Alexa Miller of Liberty Township pronounced dead in the twenty one hundred block of Ross Hanover Road at ten till five in the morning. Cording to Corner's office, another team sitting in the passenger seat the vehicle Miller was driving when he crashed into a tree at one thirty am corner to the but La Kunti Sheriff's Office. Seventeen year old passenger airlifted to Miami Valley Hospital by CareFlight with serious injuries. Both teens seniors at Lakota West High School, Fox nineteen reporting. According to previous coverage, investigators determined that the accurate they were driving was going west on Ross Hannover and the lost control went over the pavement and hit a tree. Speed is being investigated as a factor, although they say drugs and alcohol are not factors. Lorain, Ohio. For this one, three police officers shot in an ambush. The suspect is no longer with us. Happened Wednesday afternoon at industrial area, Lorain, Ohio. Two officers, Philip Wagner and Brett Payne, suffered several gunshot wounds, were in critical condition flown by medical helicopter to Metro Health in Cleveland. Third officer Peter Gale, shot in the hand and taking a Mercy hospital. Lorraine Police Chief Michael faling seid officers Wagner and Gai just bought pizza and were parked by the side at the dead end on Missouri Avenue one in the afternoon. Twenty eight year old suspect also parked at the dead end with him. They described as an arsenal of weapons lying in wait. That's a quote from the chief opened fire with a high powered rifle, hitting both officers. The officer's returned fire. Responded to the scene pain call for additional help, and then drove down to the scene to help the officers. He was shot several times in his patrol car. Other officers who were called to assist that the scene loaded the wounded officers into their cars and took him to the hospital. At that time, Alarria Police Chief James Welsh that it was not known if the suspect died by officer gunfire or a self inflicted gunshot. Earlier reports of a second suspect at large, but Failing said that there was only one. Thirty searched the woods out of precaution. Alaria police handling the investigation Department is also called on the Ohio View of Investigations for assistance. Governor Mike DeWine had this to say, been briefed on the horrible officer involves shooting in the rain, which appears to have been a targeted attack on law enforcement. Brand and I are praying for the three. Lorraine Police Department officers who were shot in the line of duty, and our thoughts are also with their families, friends, and fellow officers in Northeast Ohio. Situation reminds us that those who work in law enforcement risk their lives every day for the safety of their communities. We are so very grateful for the men and women who willingly and bravely serve and protect. Jeez, anybody notice a trend out there and this kind of thing happening more and more often six thirty five fifty five krc ME talk station disturbing trend? I might interject, not disturbing QC Kinetics. You having a problem with joint pain, me pain, hip pain, back pain, arthritis pain. Maybe you've been through the steroid shots. Maybe you've been in a cyclist steroid shots. Maybe you're talking to your doctor about surgery. That's the next step after the steroid shots. Shots aren't doing you any good, but they don't last anyway, right, so yeah, it's time to get surgery. How about getting the second opinion about something that doesn't evolve surgery or more medication? No going under the knife. It's QC Kinetics leaders of what they call regenerative medicine. These are treatments like advanced cellular therapy and platelet rich plasma which placed at the site of the pain help your body heal itself. This goes to the root of the problem. The cellular treatments contain growth factors and healing properties to maximize your own body's ability to heal itself. And they've got a crazy ninety two percent patient's satisfaction result. That's that's it's incredible. So if you're one of the ones experience in this kind of pain, it's worked for a lot of other people apparently, So why not take them up on the offer and call them up for free consultation? Free? I love that word. Five one three eighty four seven zero zero one nine five one three eighty four seven zero zero one nine one more time three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC the talk station take forty fifty five KERCD talk Station Heavy Thursday, thanks Pay Protection Alliance. Dave Williams after the top of the air news multiple topics to talk about and go over with him. Corey Bowman Meyrill candidate Bowman in studio at eight oh five talk about the crime statistics in that CINCINNT Council meeting yesterday where they were searching four ways to prevent a lot of it related to the juvenile crime that's going on. Curfeuse discussed quite a bit yesterday at the council meeting Jay Rattler at eight thirty for the I heard Media Aviation Expert Report of the Week. I always loved talking to Jay Rattler and yeah, I know, Maureen, I saw that and Marine forwarded me some information I wanted to get to anyway, So why not at her prodding in the has to go ahead and do it right now. Yesterday, Telsea Gabbert well, of course of doubling down on the White House Press briefing, saying that Obama administration promoted what she called a control I have narrative that the Russians interfered with the twenty sixteen election, saying there is irrefutable evidence it details how President Obama and his national security team created, or directed rather the creation of an intelligence community assessment that they knew was false. They knew it would promote this contrived narrative that Russia interfered in the twenty six the election to help President Trump win, selling it to the American people as though it were true. It wasn't. Okay, here we go, interfered to help Trump. That's the story they made up, at least insofar as the Tulsa Gabbadge concern. They made it up. There's evidence to suggest there's a lot of documents she released showing the intelligence community didn't have any information saying that the Russians interfere with the election. They specifically said they didn't alter any votes, they didn't manipulate votes, they didn't do any hacking into our election voting machines. In other words, Now, that's one form of interference, and that one specifically stated in one of the documents that originally came out. It didn't say they didn't try to manipulate the American public by via social media or other types of interference. So that's one of the arguments the Obama side is making. Oh, that was just one report. It related only to you know, interfering with actual votes. But they still interfered, the narrative being they interfered to help Trump. Now maybe that's not the case, because she released Tulsea Gabert did a second batch of documents that had previously been undisclosed came out yesterday. Now, among those documents a declassified report Presidential Briefing in twenty sixteen. December Presidential Briefing twenty sixteen, Barack Obama was provided information that sort of suggested pretty strongly that the Trump want orn that Russia wanting to help Trump narrative was not true. Now, court to this newly declassified document, Russian intelligence obtain DNC communicy Democratic National Committee communications. Now we all know they hacked into the DNC database, so Russian intelligence got these communications that showed, among other communications they presumably had, Hillary Clinton's health was well described as extraordinarily alarming. Quote. According to the report, as of September twenty sixteen, the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service had Democratic National Committee information that President Obama and party leaders found this state of the Secretary of Clinton's health to be extraordinarily alarming and felder could have serious negative impact on her campaign election prospects. Her health information being kept in strictest secrecy and even close advisors were not being fully informed. That's within this report, the Russian Foreign's Intelligence Service possessed DNC communications that Clinton was suffering from quote intensified psycho emotional problems, including uncontrolled fits of anger, aggression, and cheerfulness. Sounds like bipolar me. Clinton was placed on a daily regimen of heavy tranquilizers, and while afraid of losing, she remained obsessed with a thirst for power. The Russian Foreign Intelligence Service also had information that Clinton suffered from type two diabetes, as semic heart disease, deep vein thrombosis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in the report. Now, why might that be important? The Russians had this information, If they're trying to help out Trump, why wouldn't they release it. People release these kind of documents and information all the time. If it would, and that would really really go against her If that kind of information was leaked out, of course, it would give Trump an advantage. But if Vladimir Putin wants to have the goods on a future president, if he wants to be able to maybe blackmail them or bribe them, or otherwise get his way in some negotiation with the Russians in the United States, wouldn't having this information in their back pocket to be used at a future date help them out? Because from all I've read, they were kind of of the mind that Hillary Clinton was going to win the race. It wasn't until that email server thing came out and the on again, off again investigation into that. Really, I guess put the nail in the coffin for Hillary Clinton. But it is a logical and reasonable way of looking at this information from the side of the Russians to say, hmm, should keep this information in our back pocket for further use. But if they really truly wanted to help Trump win, this is the kind of thing that the American public would have eaten up. So that's kind of where that is right now. So, yes, Maureen, I was aware of that one. I go ahead and pull it out. Obama camp is, of course pulling their hair out over all this thing. It's all a bunch of nonsense. Six forty six right now, fifty five KC detalk station. You need a good plumber, You need a great plumbers. What you need for all your residential plumbing needs. Call my friends at Plumb Type Plumbing. They're great at what they do. Customer service a number one, those service fees, free estimates. They have a Better Business Bureau rating of A plus well deserved. They know you deserve better and they deliver on Betters been pointing out of late the number one plumber in the Tri State for tankless water heaters. It's great to get tankless because there's never an end of the hot water. They cost less money to operate, energy savings. They're space savers as well because they're about the size of a small suitcase as opposed to that giant tankmultiple reasons ago. With that, you got a problem with your sewer line, you don't need to worry about your yard. It's not going anywhere because plum tight plumbing offers trenchless sewer line repair and replacements. So whether your drain's claw your some pup's gone belly up, your water heater's out, just called plump tight plumbing. It's always plumbing done right. Five one three, seven two seven Tight five one, three, seven, two seven, eighty four, eighty three online plumtight dot com, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: Inflation viral market.
Speaker 1: Shann and I in first one and Well forecasts. The divisor begins at eleven this morning, ends at eight pm. Today will be a hot human one going up to ninety two at the eat index more like one hundred plus degree sunny Sky's of course, Mark mostly clear of a night just the slight chances of rain seventy two for the low sunny Tomorrow ninety very humid, and an afternoon shower is a possibility. Clouds overnight slight chance of showers seventy three and Saturday at partly fivey day chance of storms late in the day and another human won ninety one for the high seventy one degrees Right now, Time for a traffic up seat from the.
Speaker 5: U SEE Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: You see Health, you'll find comprehensive care that's some personal and makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at UCHealth dot com. Highway traffic then's not all that bad unless you're trying to get across the Call Crop from bridge. That's where the heavy traffic is now backing up past the Lawrence Perg Ramp. That's ober a five minute delay and growing Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station's.
Speaker 1: Six fifty one fifty five per season talk station. If you're out to Dcent Thursday, not too long away from Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance, who returns after the top of the air News got some good topics talk about with Dave. Trump lost in court again and then he's win some and you lose some. The other day, President Trump's executive order about ending birthrate citizenship shot down in federal appeals court yesterday, Knight US Court of Appeals in San Francisco from the lower Court's decision that blocked the nationwide enforcement of the executive order denying citizenship to babies born to people illegally or only temporarily here in the United States. Three judge panel two to one vote, so the District Court Judge John Conauer's decision is in place or remains in place. Court a majority of the District Court correctly concluded that the executive order proposed interpretation denying citizenship to many persons born in the United States is unconstitutional. Now. As for as far as the Supreme Court goes, it did issue restrictions about to lower courts about issuing nationwide injunctions, although notably they did provide a carve out for like class actions. If there's a whole bunch of similarly situated people sprinkled all across this land, you can certify a class action, and then you can have an injunction from a district court that covers the entire all the entire country, and apparently that's exactly what they concluded in this particular case, because there very well could be children born to illegal immigrants in any given state. States filed the case against Trump administration after arguing the nationwide order needed to block the executive order in order to prevent problems that would arise from birthright citizenship being outlawed in some states but not others. Yes, that will be a logistical hurdle, judges wrote, we conclude that the district court did not abuse its discretion in issuing a universal injunction in order to give the States complete relief. That issue here the citizenship clause of the fourteenth Amendment, which states people born or naturalized in the United States or subject to United States jurisdiction. That's in there our American citizens. Department of Justice attorneys are arguing that does not mean children are automatically American citizens based solely on birth location. So Trump administration now while facing additional lawsuits in connection with this, but most likely will appeal to the US Supreme Court up to the Supreme Court to decide whether or not they're going to take it and no to the Department of Justice in terms of unsealing Epstein documents, federal judge ruled yesterday denying Trump's Justice Department efforts to unseal Jeffrey Epstein's grand jury transcripts from a Florida investigation. Florida based District Judge Judge Robin Rosenberg, described as an Obama appointing, said the Department of Justice didn't justify unsealing the records related to the grand juries down to West Palm Beach from two thousand and five to two thousand and seven. So Justice Department has separately asked a New York based judge to unseal grand jury records related to Jeffrey Epstein's sexual trafficking cases. Those related to the twenty nineteen grand jury indictment charging Epstein with sex trafficking offenses and the June twenty twenty grand jury indictment of Julane Maxwell with numero offenses related to the trafficking coorsion of minors. So no idea about how the New York judge is going to do it, but one law, Well, it's actually two losses if you consider both of those reports to judicial losses for the Trump administration. Can't win them all, but maybe appeals. We'll change the landscape on that. Dave Williams. Protecting Taxpayers dot Org is where you find the Taxpayer Protection Alliance. Good website for you to bookmark. We'll get her from Dave on the latest shenanigans from the post office leading out of the gate there. We'll be right back after the news, Today's top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 8: You just got to know what's happening in your world.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc D talkstations.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored BOMB.
Speaker 1: Seven five Here a fifty five PRC DE talk station. Friday. Always enjoyment to come into the studio in the morning and see on the rundown Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance, holding government accountables what they do each and every day. Find them online Protecting Taxpayers dot Org. Dave Williams, Welcome back to the Morning show, my friend. It's always a pleasure to having you on the show.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Brian, and I have a question for you to start off the show. The Washington commanders are looking for subsidy to build a new stadium, right yep, So in Washington d C. We have now a stadium subsidy and a street car. So I'm trying to think of the trifecta here. What would be the third thing to make this just trifecta of wasteful and unnecessary spending, because I know Cincinnati has the same right, they have subsidies, they had the streetcar, and I can't think of the third one to make it a trifecta.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know, how about some green energy project?
Speaker 9: There you go, bingo, you got it. Okay, we had the trifecta of.
Speaker 1: Government waste stupid. Yeah, and I'm glad you chose you one of our favorite subjects, streetcar. You Aubreity already mentioned that we always managed to get the street car in there, even with the only passing reference stadium deals. You and I talk about that a lot over the years. And you know, our Ohio budget has six hundred million dollars going directly to the Cleveland Browns for the purpose of building their two point plus whatever billion dollar projects. So how that ended up in the Ohio taxpayer's budget is beyond me. It really irks me, but there it is governed. He is a lineight in Veto, And what he did was line item Veto's three or four issues that it would have been baby steps in the right direction to providing the Ohio property owners with some measure of relief for property taxes. He struck all those out of the bill, and yet he stilled allowed six hundred million dollars to go to the Cleveland Browns. There, I got it out of my system, Dave. So, But moving over top top five anyway, list of our favorite topics over the years. The post office. So let's let's talk about the post office. That's an efficient, well oiled business over there, isn't it.
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: It sure is.
Speaker 11: Sarcasm noted they just raised the cost of first class mail again, went from seventy three cents to seventy eight cents. And I mean, I'm going to sound like, you know, one of those old guys, but I remember when it held fifty five cents.
Speaker 9: It doesn't seem like it was too long ago. That was fifty five cents.
Speaker 11: And here's here's the kicker is that they're not making money, is that they keep on losing. And we're not talking about a little bit of money. We're talking about billions of dollars. A year, and they keep on raising prices and it's not working. The Aaron Liza problem is that they raised the prices and it's not working because the rest of the system is so messed up. They are spending eighty thousand dollars per truck for electric vehicles.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, see you brought. I had a separate article that was Olivia Murray over American Thinker did the numbers crunching on this one, and part of the Inflation Reduction Act allocated money to go to the post Office for the purpose of transforming their feet into a fleet into electric vehicles. Right, Apparently they want forty five thousand electric battery powered postal service vehicles in this in this Grand Plan, vehicles were supposed to be This acquisition supposed to be completed by September of twenty twenty eight, funded by in part is a ten billion dollar total overall cost project. Three billion of that comes from the so called Inflation Reduction Act, the Green New Deal Bill, right, President Biden signed in twenty twenty two. So from that three billion dollars, apparently one point seven billion has been distributed. It's out the door. They have acquired two hundred and fifty total trucks, meaning if you do the proper division or math on that, it comes out to six point eight million dollars per truck. And since they've only acquired a small number, they said, at this current rate eighty three vehicles per year, it would take the government another five hundred and thirty nine years to finalize the plan. It's supposed to be completed by twenty twenty eight. They can't do anything, right.
Speaker 9: No, they absolutely can't.
Speaker 11: And the Inspector General at the Post Office has been warning about this for years and telling them not to do this, not to buy electric vehicles because of the maintenance cost, because of downtime, you know, just charging these vehicles.
Speaker 9: It takes time to charge the vehicles. So they aren't listening.
Speaker 11: And when you talk about the number of vehicles that have already been purchased, I mean, this is just an embarrassing to say the least. And there is a new Postmaster General and hopefully you know he and he just started I think last week. So yeah, let's see what what this guy can do. And so his first name is David.
Speaker 9: So I have a lot of faith, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If that's something that.
Speaker 11: Well we'll see. But there's there's management problems. There's so many deep, deep problems at the post Office. And obviously the glaring one is spending all this money on electric vehicles.
Speaker 1: I mean, it really is. But it's just one additional expenditure, you know. I mean, if they're looking, you have an imagery reported and you know the numbers on this. The United States Postal Service has lost more than one hundred billion dollars over the past fifteen years, and they're continuing down that road currently. I guess how many billions of dollars have they left had lost so far this year? It's like three billion dollars, three billion dollars.
Speaker 11: And if they would end Saturday delivery, they could save two point six billion dollars a year just in mean Saturday delivery. That is an incredible number to think that they could be saved easily.
Speaker 1: Well, but that wouldn't even solve the problem. It's a great step in the right direction. Dave Williams tax favorite text alliance. But apparently they lost nine point five billion dollars collectively last year alone, So yeah, save two point five billion dollars. Let's get that figure down to seven billion dollars in loss. That'd be a notable improvement, but that's still seven billion dollars in loss. This is a business model. This isn't even a business model.
Speaker 9: No, it's not a business model.
Speaker 11: You look at seasonal hiring and we're going to hear about the post Office hiring people for Christmas. Well, what happens with the post Office is when they hire someone for a seasonal work, they offered them a full time job afterwards. FedEx and ups hire seasonally and they don't hire them full time afterwards because it's seasonal. It's only for a few months. But because of what the unions have done in side the Postal service is that they're required to offer them a full time job after Christmas.
Speaker 9: And again you.
Speaker 11: Said it, it's not a business. They don't have any business sense whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Well, how is it the American tax payer dollars are supporting all of this.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 11: There's a nostalgia about the post office, and rightly so, because you know, you meet your mail deliverer and he's a nice guy, she's a nice woman, right and you have that bond.
Speaker 9: But people don't see the bigger picture.
Speaker 11: Nostalgia overtakes business sense, and I think if people really saw the numbers and understood just how much of a mess the Post Office is, they would really, I think, change their view. And you know, this is an entity that tried to get into banking. Elizabeth Warren, Oh my god, tried to get the Post Office into into the banking. I mean, that doesn't send a shiver down your spine. Nothing ever will.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I'm wondering. I mean, who's going to be responsible for initiating some reform. I mean, if the union contract requires these part time employees to be offered full time jobs, that's got to stop right away. That had to stop years ago. Why isn't that element being addressed? That's clearly a problem, Dave.
Speaker 9: I hate to say this, but this is up to Congress.
Speaker 11: And Congress did the Postal Reform Act a few years ago, and their big savings was taking the healthcare costs of postal employees and shifting it over to Medicare. Well, it's still a taxpayer cost. They thought that they were doing the Post Office and taxpayers a wonderful thing by doing this, but that's just shifting the.
Speaker 9: Burden from one part of the government. To another. This is what Congress did, and the Congress needs to do this.
Speaker 11: They need to go inside the post office and completely reorganize it. And I know when you talk about privatization, people you know, lose their minds. And I'm not saying privatize it, but I gotta tell you we may have to start to look at that and maybe advertising to certain parts of it because it just isn't working. And they get a bailout every time they get a bailout from taxpayer. So that's why they don't have the pressure to make money, is they know that Uncle Sam and Uncle taxpayer is right there to bail them out.
Speaker 1: Going back to your comment about nostalgia, maybe I'm just a cold and callous guy day, but I don't have that nostalgia. Every time I go to the mailbox, I retrieve usually what amounts about three or four pieces of junk mail. Maybe three times a week I get some sort of mail that actually is important in some way, shape or form. Now I could go electronic billing. When it comes to say my cell phone, I like getting the hard copy of the bill. My wife has paperwork to do for reimbursement from work, so you know. But I don't really even need that delivered. I could have it go to my email. I could pay it online, and I do pay the bill online. I don't stick a stamp on an envelope and send Verizon a check. So I've cut out half of the mail needed for that transaction. But in the final analysis, you know, if the mail showed up one day a week, that will be a Okay. I get all my junk mail. I can sort through it, throw it away because it goes directly into the garbage, can recycle and pull out the stuff that really is important. I mean, the times have obviously changed so dramatically. The need for the post Office, well of its current size anyway, has gone the way of the DODO.
Speaker 9: It has.
Speaker 11: And when you see other companies that go through and I said other companies, you know my mistake. But when you see companies go through this, they downsize, they change their business model exactly. The Post Office has not done that. They do the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.
Speaker 1: All right, which is why they lost one hundred billion dollars in the past fifteen years. We'll continue with taxpayer protection lines. Dave Williams got well, the energy industry. Apparently the Grand Ole Party has forgotten what the free market is. They tend to do that from time to time. We'll get that information from Dave seven to fifteen. Right now, get affordable imaging services now been in New Richmond, they got more than one office. Now right at the Ohio Indiana border. Get X rays, X rays from Affordable Imaging service. You know what they cost? Seventy five bucks. I'll go back to that. CT scans my favorite illustration because five thousand dollars at a hospital. If I emphasize that enough, probably pay extra for the board certified radiologist report. No, don't do that. Save literally thousands and thousands of dollars because a CT scan without an enhancement or out of contrast is only four hundred and fifty bucks at Affordable Imaging Services four fifty MRI four ninety five. So whether you're a New Richmond or off Route thirty two on icol Troad getting it done, you're gonna save tons of money. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. So for echo cartograms, MRI, CT scans, ultrasounds, and X rays, go to affordable imaging services. Keep that money in your pocket. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three eight thousand online learn more go to Affordable maddimaging dot com. This is fifty five KRC and iHeart Radio station our IHEARTREO seven twenty. On a Thursday, Brian Thomas with Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protect Alliance again online at Protecting Taxpayers dot org. Worthwhile bookmark right there? All right? See you address this political article political reporting that the Department of Interior says the agency's going to subject wind and this is their words, wind and solar projects to heightened scrutiny, potentially slowing approvals and construction across vast swaths of some of the most sun and wind rich portions of the country. Now that sounds typical Politico. They're obviously on the green side of the ledge. They're rather left leaning rags. That website is and I consolt political all the time in order to get some balance in my consumption of news, Dave, So I'm no stranger. They're reporting on political but I know where they're where the wind's blowing from Politico no pun intended, right, But apparently what they say is in order to proceed on land managed by the Department of Interior. They have to have the personal assent of the Interior Secretary, who is currently Doug Bergham. So they're placing the authority to thumb up or thumb down any given project on Department of Interior lands to one man.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so read between the lines and read the lines on this one. And this is very disturbing because listen, i'mni fan of green energy, especially the subsidies. But you know, as a country, this is all of the above. If you want to invest in green energy, if you want to develop green energy without my money, without tax payer money, you.
Speaker 9: Should have the ability to do that.
Speaker 11: And what this is is the government picking winners and losers. And this is something that Trump administration has done a lot of actually picking winners and losers in the economy. And this is not going to help.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 11: Listen, if they said that we are not going to subsidize any of these projects, amen, brother, Yes, do not subsidize. But that's not what they're they're saying is that we are not going to allow this because we don't like these particular forms of energy. That really bothers me. It's just weaponization of government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, Dave. I think everybody has to bear in mind that we do have changes of administrations, and while we're all seen to be quite pleased and happy with the way things are going on, into the Trump administration, there could be a Democrat elect in an office and the Department of Interior may no longer be run by Interior Secretary Doug Burgherm. He could be run by Interior Secretary or I don't know, Pete, but a judge. So they would be inclined to approve any wind and solar projects without any additional scrutiny I suppose and say no to perhaps oil or fracking projects that are done in that land.
Speaker 11: And Brian Darren lines the problem because at the Federal Communications Commission we have them approving or disapproving of mergers and acquisitions based upon DEI. Again, no fan of DEI. I think it has no place in business. But if a business wants to do that, that.
Speaker 9: Is their business.
Speaker 11: The problem is that you were having the government is saying you have to get rid of your DEI policies or I'm not going to allow you to merge with these two companies. Well, again, what happens in the next administration if it's a Democrat and they say, well, you have to have DEES policies in.
Speaker 9: Order to acquire this.
Speaker 11: So this is going to bite them in the back end at some point, this weaponization, and it really bothers me that they're doing this. And you know, Brendan Carr, who's the chairman of the SEC, has done a really good job deregulating.
Speaker 9: But this is very troublesome.
Speaker 1: It is. And I understand all day along the points you're springing from here, Dave, but it and just to hammer the point home, if private business A wants to merge with private business B, then my belief is the federal government shouldn't have anything to say about the terms of conditions of what that agreement is. I mean, unless it falls into perhaps Sherman antitrust, realm or some thing along those lines. What's the problem with letting them merge. Why would you have to say you can't do this or you must do this in order for us, the federal government to put a stamp of approval on the merger. It's a shocking illustration of how much power and control the federal government has over completely private business.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, when you're talking about two wireless companies. Merging, we're not talking about standard oil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not subsidized. This isn't They're not getting federal dollars to run their business. I mean, they're just they're just running their businesses.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and that's why, you know, I would love to see the old Republican Party take hold as you know, limited government, you know, and really, you know, merging and acquisitions I think are a really good indication of just how activist a government is. And unfortunately we see a disturbing trend in the Trump administration. But again, you know, listen, that's you know, prefaces by saying that it's a heck of a.
Speaker 9: Lot better than it would be under a HIRISGI.
Speaker 1: Got to put a positive spin on that. Dave, you got to Let's do one more with Dave Williams and taxpayer protection lines. We'll talk about some new recycling regulations, more regulations, Oh goodie. First words, my friends at Colin Electric, the folks with the right connections, they will treat you great. They pride themselves on their honest reputation. They pride themselves on the efficiency of their licensed certified electricians, and they are good at what they do. And they pride themselves on the price. You get great service, great price, all the work done to your satisfaction. You will get a ten year wiring warranty on whatever they do for you, big projects, small projects. Everything goes with a warranty. You can trust the folks at Colin Electric, locally owned and operate at eight plus of the better business fear have been around since nineteen ninety nine. So how do you reach them? Two ways Cullin, culln color Electriccincinnati dot com. Schedule the appointment right there. Learn more about what they can do for you, call them up directly, and then say Brian said Hi please five one three two two seven four one one two. That's five one three two two seven four to one one two. He's seven twenty eight here fifty five kir CD talk station. Spending some time with Dave Williams from the tax Payer Protection Alliance. Always enjoy our conversation Dave, even though they involve important issues, usually big big money and how it's misspent. We at least try to keep things a little light when talking about it. And now we're pivoting over to recycling. What's going on more regulations?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so recycling has really come a long way over the past ten, fifteen, twenty years, and we see just really a renaissance in how they're able to deal with plastics. And of course the government doesn't recognize that, and of course the companies are bad. They're trying to pollute the planet, which you know, I never understood.
Speaker 9: Why would you.
Speaker 11: Want to pollute and kill the people that you're selling your product to.
Speaker 9: I don't, you know, understand the logic.
Speaker 11: But the EPA is refusing to acknowledge new ways to recycle plastics. And you know, part of the problem is is that a lot of blame gets placed on the US for other countries that are doing the biggest damage. And we've seen these you know, flotillas of plastic emotion, and I think it's like one or two percent of that actually comes from the US, and it you know, the bulk of that comes from other countries.
Speaker 1: Because we have a good sanitation system. We have garbage cans literally everywhere, they're ubiquitous. We have recycling programs. I even have a separate recycling garbage can that Rumpky comes and picks up. We have trash, and we have recycling. Now, I don't believe it for a minute that those recyclables we put in that candave are actually getting recycled. But I try, I do my best to separate them, and we endeavor to conform and try to keep that stuff because I don't believe in throwing something away that has a useful life. Now, what Rumpkey ultimately does with it outside of my realm of knowledge, but you know, there it is. It's easy to do. That's why we don't pollute as much as other countries. Other countries don't even have sewage systems.
Speaker 11: And if these companies can take plastic or aluminum or whatever and turn it into something else, they're going to make money off of that. Dumping it into a landfill does not make money for a company. Recycling does and producing something else. And you know one thing we haven't talked about our you know, plastic bags versus paper bags. There is a lot of scientific evidence that says that paper bags take more energy to produce and are actually worse for the environment than plastic bags, and yet plastic bags are the ones that are taxed. And yeah, it's it's incredible the lack of knowledge of science that the government has, and I think people in general have at this point, well.
Speaker 1: You know, and craming if I'm wrong, But I've read so many articles over the year's dave that recycling doesn't work, that if there was money to be made in recycling, then there'll be clamoring out there to you know, collect all the recyclables out there and make money off of them. But I've consistently read though, that that's not going going on. And it was a period of time where weren't we sending a lot of our plastics for recycling to China and then China said no, we don't want them, we can't do anything with them.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there was and you know, and really China is such a problem with a lot of things. But when we talk about recycling or the environment, you know, they're the ones that are never going to conform to a treaty.
Speaker 9: They're the ones that are going to you know, be the big polluters.
Speaker 11: And again, you know, there's a lot of blame America, and it comes with inside this country. And I got to tell you that the plastics revolution is fascinating and companies are coming up with new technologies.
Speaker 9: It's not you know, this isn't the seventies, this isn't the Indian.
Speaker 12: Crime on the I remember that, Yeah, the bag feet Yeah, yeah, we've come a long way, baby as the mixed sort of metaphors here.
Speaker 1: So you mentioned in the article pyrolysis, it's a it's a different process. They have some newly developed process for recycling plastics, and the EPAS is not acknowledging that or preventing that.
Speaker 11: Move from preventing it there, they're they're actively preventing this and this is something that could turn plastics into into fuels. So, I mean, it's really just short sighted of the EPA. Listen, this is very little to do with kind of who's in power. These are the bureaucrats that have been here for years and that have a singular point of view and vision, and they refuse to look outside, you know, uh, of their own comfort zone a box, to see what these new technologies are and what they can bring.
Speaker 9: It's it's frustrated, to say the least.
Speaker 1: Well, this process obviously exists. You have information discussing the process and how it works, and you know the temperatures and everything else. You also have the the the the cost benefit that had come from this six hundred and nine UND dollars per time after this process of plastic is performed. So there it is. It's all there. If I would the EPA stand in the way of this, allowing this process to come online, I guess is what I'm looking for.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 11: You know, if I had the answer, if I could crawl inside a bureaucrat's head and figure out what the heck was going on inside there, I'd be a rich rich man.
Speaker 1: They don't have to provide an explanation for why. I mean, they can't say no, this is actually everything you say is true. But the amount of pollutants and carcinogens that go out into the world in the environment far exceed the benefit from this recycling process. Airgo, We're gonna say, no, none of that's in this.
Speaker 9: They slow walk everything.
Speaker 11: Look at the process at the FDA to approve vapes and new.
Speaker 9: Tobacco harm reduction.
Speaker 11: They have a shot clock of eighteen months, right well, some products have been under review for seven years. They slow walk everything and they don't provide any sort of a rationale for what they're doing. And that's exactly what's happened at the EPA right now.
Speaker 1: God, it sounds like something from a Kafka novel.
Speaker 9: Yes, Yes, making blush geez.
Speaker 1: Dave Williams Taxpayer text lines. That's why we have you around. You can just illustrate and highlight this stupidity and epic insanity of the regulatory state. And I appreciate you doing that, and I'll welcome your return of the fifty five KC Morning Show as soon as you're ready to do it again and again. Remind my listeners protecting taxpayers dot Or agreed with Dave is writing about every single day and his team there. Dave always a pleasure to help you. Keep up the great work, my friend, and stay well.
Speaker 9: Thanks Brian, have a great day.
Speaker 1: You do the same, and get in touch with cross Country Mortgage. Bet me Suzette Loads the Camp, specifically cross Country Mortgage. You want to work with Suzette because you want to work with the best person in the mortgage business, and that's her customer service superior. I hear from it from my listeners. I heard it specifically from my daughter. I recommend my own daughter to work with Susette Loads of Camp. She and Eric are working with some bank. A week later, nothing happened. They couldn't find out what was going on. It's like, did call Susette lows Camp. Lauren doesn't listen to the morning show, so she didn't know to make that. It's the first step, so I'm cutting out the problem for you. Call her initially. You'll be glad she's working for you. Got gazillions of different mortgage possibilities out there, license in all fifty states, and where do we go so she can help you out? In thirty five plus years in the mortgage business, the best in customer service. She acts promptly and quickly. She had my daughter and Eric's financing within like two days, and my daughter raved about how pleasant and wonderful it was working with Susette, and that certainly will be your experience. So go the extra mile for you. Great rates at a low cost, no junk fees, no application fees, no problems, no issues ever with Suzette Low's Camp. Two ways to reach your caller or send her an email. Either way she'll get right back with you. The phone number five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Email Suzette dot lows Camp. That's spelled l O s E. Kamp is that dot Low's camp at CCM dot com. Fifty five krc the show at seven forty one here fifty five KRCD talk station. Something you'd like to talk about you can call. Phone lines are open five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound FI fifty on AT and T phones. Uh pivoting over. I guess you can call this another Trump win. Of course, there's been a back and forth between the Trump administration and various universities out there, notably regarding how unbelievably anti semitic some of these universities are, you know that from the river to the sea, and blocking Jewish students from classrooms, and blocking Jewish students from getting in and out of the library, and seemingly supporting these efforts. The universities are if for no other reason than turning a blind eye rather than actively engaging and stopping this type of abuse from happening. Also DEI and and admissions practices that are just purely racist. Columbia just reached a settlement agreement with the Trump administration yesterday. Columbia will be paying two hundred and twenty one million dollars and also a pledge to reverse racially discriminatory practices as well as to resolve civil rights violations against Yes Jewish students. Took four months of negotiations to resolve. This thing started when the Trump administration pulled around four hundred million dollars in federal grants. Now that's the leverage over Columbia University. If the federal money wasn't flowing into Columbia University, the federal government couldn't say a whit about what Columbia University is doing. There's your connection. It's the federal tax dollars that are going into the institution which allows the administration to make demands on Columbia. I'm always reminded of my favorite illustration is when Ohio had nineteen as a drinking age. The federal government said, no, you better raise your drinking age at twenty one. You can't have the federal highway dollars that you're expecting. And of course we had to capitulate to that and change the drinking age at twenty one one because we desperately needed the federal government's money. There's always strings attached. Now, apparently the four hundred million in federal grants that were pulled is going to be returned now to Columbia under the settlement agreement. So I don't know if you can really say that Columbia is paying two hundred and twenty one million dollars since they're getting four hundred million back, But I know this grants are allocated for research purposes, so effectively this is coming out of Columbia's pocket. Twenty one million dollars of the total is going to a claims fund for Jewish employees who were discriminated against during the anti Israel on campus demonstrations. This after the Hamas terrorist attack on October seventh. We bought crazies out of the woodwork, supporting a bunch of murderers of children and elderly folks. Now, as part of the agreement, Columbia has agreed to end all programming that discriminates against faculty or students. Of course, that'll bring into compliance with the Supreme Courts twenty twenty three decision banning race based the Firmative Action, And they say they're going to create faculty positions to broaden intellectual diversity. In other words, no longer a bastion exclusively of left wing ideology Columbia is they're actually going to hire a conservative or two, at least that's what suggested. I wonder iful put them in their own segregated area of campus. Oh that's the conservative building over there. You don't want to go in there anyway. The settlement also calls for Columbia to maintain a trained security force blocking demonstrations in academic spaces and coordinate with the New York Police Department to prevent anything like the takeover of Hamilton Hall by anti Israeli protesters that happened the spring of last year. The agreement also says the university will ban individuals from wearing masks during protests. Admission's office is going to be setting up the vetting of foreign applicants, which will quiz potential students about the reason they want apply into the US and go to a US university, and they have to share that data with the federal government HM as part of its participation in the federal Student Exchange Visitor program. We've got one of those. The school will now be expected to report any disciplinary actions for those holding visas, including suspensions, expulsions, and arrests. So that's the way I'm keeping tabs on those who are in our country by permission, permission which could be revoked to the extent they engage in problematic behavior at the university. So this is a mechanism, of course, to enforce the law to keep them from committing heinous acts and crimes, things that might get them kicked out. Says The disciplinary rules will no longer be governed by the faculty Senate, but rather by the office of the Provost. I suppose to the extent they have a senate body made up of faculty members that preside over disciplinary actions. Since you're filling the the college is completely governed by left wing anti Israeli sentiment professors. I know I'm painting with a broad brush the likelihood of a disciplinary action being meted out by one of these anti israel demonstrators, probably Slim and Nune. So hopefully this will change that and the regional programs they have They cited specifically the Center for Palestine Studies, the Institute for Israel and Jewish Studies, Middle Eastern, South Asian and African Studies, the Middle East Institute, and Learning hubs in Tel Aviv and Emon, Jordan will come under strict review from senior Vice provosts to ensure they are, in their words, comprehensive and balanced. I specifically recall a class I took in political signs on the Middle East and the creation of the Israeli state, everything that went into that, the White Papers and the Balfour Doctrine, and all the stuff that went into the creation of Israel post World War Two. This guy was Palestinian, and let me assure you it was a biased class. No fan of Israel, that guy. Columbia now also will comply with Title nine and no longer force women to compete with biological men in sports. Another victory for the Trump administration. So we'll see. Trump's fight with Harvard is ongoing, and it's not known right now whether the settlement with Columbia will have any impact on Harvard and its willingness to either settle or continue obstructing the Trump administration's wishes and demands to protect the Jewish students at the University seven forty seven. Right now, if you five krs, the talk station coming up on Corey Bowman off the top of the hour, he's going to talk about the crime meeting yesterday in the city. Since the since I City council first. The USA Insulation awesome product. I can't support USA insallation enough. Lots of listeners have gotten back to me, Brian, I just only regret that I didn't do this earlier. I enjoy the energy savings every month. I'm saving a ton of money, and my house is far more comfortable. See, but your HVAC system's fighting an impossible uphill challenge. I mean it's going to be one hundred and five out there with a heat in next today, all the humidity, and yes, your system is running very hard and that wears the HVAC system out very quickly. Well, you get some energy, you get some savings on that as well, because USA's premium films takes some of the load off that system. Because it's easier to get your house to the right temperature, so it will last longer. Side benefit of the monthly savings on your energy bill, which are guaranteed, maybe so much so that you won't it'll cover the entire monthly payment. That payment only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. And if you get the phone in the extery walls of your home, they gut it will be happy. They'll be happy to give you a twelve hundred dollars energy tax cut it next year when you're doing your taxes. As I know, it's an incentive. You don't need that to do this right thing for your house. Comfort safety Guarants and Savings Guaranteed USA Installation dot net. That's where you find them online to give them a call for the free quote and free inspection five one three three eight, one three six two six five one three three eight one Foam Janna nine first one and one forecasts it's hot, it's humid. Heat Advisory kicks in eleven last until eight pm because it's going up to ninety two degrees. It'll be very humid, it'll be very sunny, and it's gonna feel more like one hundred plus degrees out with the eat index seventy two with Claire Sky's just a slight chance rain overnight ninety the height tomorrow again very humid, mostly sunny, spotty afternoon storms are a possibility. Little chance rain over Friday night with a little seventy three and uh partly Friday Saturday lake Day storm is just a chance. The other hot, humid day ninety one for the right now seventy two degrees time for traffic update.
Speaker 5: From the anc Hout Traffic Center. You see Health.
Speaker 7: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personalid, make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes, expect more right you see health dot com Highways continue to load and found seventy four and now a slow go between Montana and the seventy five ramp southbound seventy five break lights through Lachland southbound seventy one getting heavier into blue Ash northbound seventy fives and ten minute delay out of Florence into town chuck ing Ver month fifty five kr A see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty three if at five karrosee de talk station.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Since Columbia's problems primarily driven by their treatment of the Jewish students there and their well failure to protect the Jewish students there, among other things, settling with the Trump administration costing them two hundred and twelve million dollars to get the federal government fund research funding pipeline open back up again. Pivoting over what does the largest nation's largest teacher union have against a Jewish people National Education Association. They represent about three million public school teachers. Again, the nation's largest teachers union issued their twenty twenty five handbook, which outlines their priorities, which they publish this every year as a guide on the group's priorities and strategic goals for the association's national and state leaders, staff and members. Incorporates anya's bylaws, updated with new resolutions as well as policy positions. Amid this surge of anti Semitism we're dealing with in this country, ANYA Representative Assembly, the union's parliamentary body, passed the resolution to boycott the Anti Defamation League's Holocaust education materials early this month. The NEA handbook also contains an interesting change. Handbook used by the union will quote promote the celebration of International Holocaust Remembrance Day by and again this is their words, recognizing more than twelve million victims of the Holocaust from different faiths, ethnicities, races, political beliefs, genders, gender identification, abilities, slash disabilities and other targeted characteristics. Not a single mention of the German and Germans effort to annihilate the Jewish population the final solution. Now, I am not arguing that others were not got into that that there were people with you know, disabilities that were killed by the Germans. They would rind up people that had, you know, cognitive struggles. They would round up all kinds of folks. Gypsies were included among them, were rounded up, but the vast majority of people, the point of most of it was the eradication of the Jewish people. You don't think that there's something worth mentioning. I mean, what's the first thing that comes in your mind when you hear the word Holocaust? Right, gas Chambers, mass extermination of Jewish people. And then they talk about the forced, violent displacement and dispossession of at least seven hundred and fifty thousand Palestinians from their homeland in nineteen forty eight during the established and of the state of Israel, painting an obviously one sided picture on the creation of israel. I guess also failing to take into account the fact that the nations who were on the other side of the war, the losing side of the war, those that teamed up with the Germans and for a while the Italians and of course the Japanese. If you're in the that side, you lost. And war was fought in the Middle East, in World War two. I'll how you end up, Well, did the victor go the spoils is kind of the way I've always looked at the creation of the state of Israel. Yeah, if you've been on the right side of the equation, that land still may be there. Don't a complicated issue, but there's your position from the National Education Association. In studio Corey Bowman, he'll be talking about crime. The meeting yesterday among Sincee City council members, police chief, Fiji City Manager long and have to have pro ball. Corey's got a few words on that and the crime statistics that are floating around. He'll be joining the program right after the news.
Speaker 2: You'll be called the twelve day War. I suppose that's what we were nicknaming it already.
Speaker 1: Another update at the top of.
Speaker 5: The hour, the use of military course.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krz the talk station.
Speaker 9: This report is sponsored by your summer backback of Information. I love how they just cover everything.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krz the talk station to Shai eight oh six Here fifty five krc the talk station. A very happy Friday Eve to you, of course, it being Friday Eve slash Thursday. Bottom of the hour, we'll hear from my heart. Media aviation expert Jay Ratlif on a different different topics in the meantime in studio again the return to Cory Bowman Coreybowman dot COM's refine the campaign website. He of course, is running as a Republican for mayor of the City of Cincinnati. We got an election this November. We do have choices. You can do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result and you won't get one. So let's move away from the forty years rule of the Democrats. Maybe give a Republican a shot. Got some great candidates other than Cordy running. Some Charter right candidates are on the ballot, a couple of different Republicans are running for council seats, so lots of different options exist out there. Corey Bowman, welcome back to the studio. My friend's always a pleasure having your own. It's always always good being here. Thanks for having me. Brian perfect timing on the heels of the AF to have provol called meeting. I guess they had a special session of since any city council for the purpose of me Oh, look, they acknowledge that we have some crime problems. I mean no figure. The fact that they had a special meeting call that they had to come back from the summer recess break because they wanted to talk about crime. I think finally the message has gotten cleared through them that we got some crime problems going on the city of Cincinnati, you.
Speaker 13: Know, outside of the topic that was discussed yesterday. I was actually looking at that over the last few days and I see that, yeah, they do have a summer break every July and August. Usually is some time between that. Well I don't know if anybody's aware, but during in the city time, those months of July and August are the months where you have the most construction, the most development, the most need for sanitation, the most need for stopping crime. Crime rates are through the roof during those times, and so that just for me, I'll be stupid. No, I'll be completely honest with you. On one of my social posts, somebody said they finally need to come back from break from summer break, and I thought they were actually joking, because I'm like, we're not in school. We don't have like summer breaks and you know, spring breaks and all this stuff. But then I looked down, It's like, wow, that is a part of the schedules it is.
Speaker 1: That's something we need to actually look at. It's like Congress, you know, they hurum for a while and then they get a month or two off, and you know, they always have to run out of town. So, oh, we've got things to do. It's Christmas break whatever, I understand.
Speaker 13: But for a city government, it's like some of the most key issues that are going on that need to be managed are during those months.
Speaker 1: That's a great observation because you know, and we all know that it's a documented, well documented when the heat goes up, the crime goes up, that's summertime. Yeah, we're pretty pretty defined seasons in the city of Cincinnati. As short or variable as they may be, we do get times a year when it's gonna be hotter, when it's gonna be cooler. Maybe they should change the schedule and take their recess during some other months.
Speaker 13: Well yeah, you never, I mean obviously, yeah, you got to look at all aspects of I'm not saying that people don't need time with their families or breaks, but there's major things going on in the city and these are things that we don't necessarily need a special session for. This needs to be something that we need to be proactive in. I think that's one of the biggest things that we're kind of pushing with not only our mayoral campaign, but like you said, there's great candidates for city council. We have Linda Matthews that's running for city council, and there's, like you said, many Charter rights as well. This has to be a collaborative efforts where the Democrats spot or they basically endorsed all the cittying city council and the mayor and so Aimboy running against. I would encourage people research who's actually going to be on the ballot in November. Do you research and there's some great people to have great hearts for the city and they're going to do what's best for the city.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would like to think so, or you know, at least try try them out. It isn't like they're going to be permanently elected. You've get an opportunity to vote them ount office after a couple of years. So look, you know what the folks currently elected are going to do, which is really stay silent, sit on their hands, and let mayor have to have purvol have his own way on literally everything or you may get someone with some different ideas. That's one of the reason why Miss Liz Keating at least she would, you know, raise her hand and interject into the discussion process an alternative idea.
Speaker 13: That's all we're pushing for. There needs to be differences of opinion, There needs to be differences of thought, because that's how we're actually going to get stuff done, you know. To be honest with you, I think that there's people that might even be on city Council right now that they've shown by their voting records that they do have a heart for issues with the city, They have a heart for residents. We just need to have people be able to work together that have differences of opinion, and I think that's a huge thing that's on the ballot this November.
Speaker 1: It is so yesterday's meeting focusing on crime, you had posted on your page in mentioning that you're going to be on my program this morning. Some crime statistics which are not pretty when you look from calendar you're twenty twenty one through twenty twenty five. I mean, there's just been an increase every almost every single year in terms of number of incidents in crime. You got the city of Cincinnati overall. You've got OTR a separate category, downtown as a separate category, in the West End as a separate category, an area near and dear to your heart, because that's where you live, that's where your church and your business are. Yes, but you can't look at this and say crime is down. I mean, looking at OTR alone, twenty twenty one or four hundred and fifty two incidents this year, I guess so far nine hundred and twenty yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: And one thing before we actually get into the current statistics right now, let's go back to actually in the early days of June. That's when they were saying that crime is down, crime is down, crime is down. We were seeing that right before summer that that was what was being said. And I want to throw this out there. It wasn't what was just being said by the current administration or by the city officials. It was what was being said by the media in Cincinnati as well. The media was covering that, Yeah, crime is going to be down, crime is down. And I'll tell you this, anybody that was living in the city, anybody that was living in the downtown area, anybody that had a business knew that there might be certain statistics that were true that they were stating, but nothing could be farther farther from the truth when it came to the big picture of everything. So this is some statistics that were just at the early June that they were mainly focusing on the homicides. And they always when they say crime is down, their justification was that homicide rate was down. Well, we weren't even getting into for lack of better turn right, we weren't getting into it, you know. So you had a winter you had I mean, I don't know if anybody remembers it's actually still going on right now, but the rain was going crazy during the springtime as well, so a lot of people were inside. But what was up was the aggravated assaults and strangulations. If you combine those two together, what was up was robbery. What was up by ninety three percent if you put it to twenty twenty one was auto theft. Burglary was up. Peron someone other theft was up as well. So those statistics kind of showed everybody that was actually boots on the ground that hey, this summer is going to be a rocky ride. If we don't do anything to kind of combat this. And so now we look at our statistics that I posted yesterday and we see that overall violent crime is up. Yes, we saw a spike of the homicides, We're seeing a spike of everything. But this isn't just about the homicides. This is about overall. And then now their statements aren't necessarily crime is down. I saw a post yesterday to where the wording was, well, if you look at overall crime based on this is what they said over the average of three years, over the average, So they're going to have their statistics say whatever they want. There's this term called gas lighting, and it is nothing farther from the truth. That is what is happening in our city. And we need to be realistic on things, be truthful with the citizens. Now, I'm not going to sit here and say that government can fix everything. Actually, that's probably one of the reasons why I'm running, is because people need to be reminded that there is other issues personally and that we have to deal with as a society. But government needs to focus on its key aspects. And for our campaign, our key things that we're focusing on is crime, infrastructure, and spending our money properly.
Speaker 1: All right, well, how do we I mean, it's always almost a laughable concept that you think government is going to be able to create a solution to solve the problem of some juvenile delinquent out there. That's that's a home based problem. You know, you're gonna get some punk out there that's run around three o'clock in the morning. That's someone who comes from a home that they don't really care to keep that kid accountable. They don't have their own curfew rules in the house that that kid's not going to be afraid to get his butt tanned by the old man if he's out late and gets picked up by the cops, if they pick him up. So can government really solve the problem? Just sort of you got to ask that question out loud. But insofar as what they're considering, there was a ton in the city and the curfew has been around since what the nineties, and they used to actually enforce it introduce in the mid nineties people under the age of sixteen you can't be out after ten pm. Sixteen to eighteen year olds you got until midnight to get home. But there was a period of time when they were picking up, you know, sometimes one hundred youths in one night for curf during curfew sweeps. Yeah, now they're talking about bringing this back. But the reason they don't do this anymore, at least the impression I got from the reporting by The Inquirer and some other outlets, it's this, they don't want to label these children. They don't want to subject them to the criminal justice system. They don't want to have a create a record. Well, that used to be one of the deterrents for kids committing bad behavior out there in general public. They didn't want a record.
Speaker 13: You're exactly right, you know, they're basically saying, oh, well, we don't want the consequences of your crime to be the deterrent for your crime. And that's the thing is that as a society, we have obviously the home structure, we have parents, we have things that we have to incurage from a community aspect. But when it comes down to it, the last straw is you've got to meet law enforcement. You've got to meet the law of the land, and that can't be something to where we ignore that just for the sake of, oh, we don't want to put that record on in individuals.
Speaker 1: Let's pause, bring Cory Bowman back to talk about this. Coreybowman dot com is where you find his website. You can help him out with this campaign learn more about what he the candidate's all about. First though, Cover, since you'll call, you definitely want to make to save you heap loads of money and get you better medical insurance at the same time. Irreconcilable concepts. Right, you have better medical insurance dollar one coverage, catastrophic coverage, you know, a whole package of insurance that gets you in a better place from a coverage standpoint less money. You think that's not possible. Just ask the experts at Cover SINCI Just why I always say you initiate the conversation. Talk to them. Let them look at where you are. The last few bunch of different questions. You know, yeah, are you insuring children? Are you married? Where are you your life? Any health issues out the whole nine yards, and it's probably going to be that you are paying too much for too little. They're on your side of the table. They are your insurance broker. There's hundreds of insurance companies out there, there are thousands of medical insurance policies. They'll sip through all of them to find you the best possible place you can be couples hundred sixty five. They typically save them maybe five hundred to one thousand dollars a month with better coverage sound appealing, no obligation to you, does not cost you a nine. They will not sell your information to anyone, So confidently call them to find out if they can do this magic for you. Five one three eight hundred two two five five five one three eight hundred call. There's a form you can fill out on the website to start this process. Coversency dot Com fifty five KRC eight nineteen Here fifty five KRC The Talk Station Bryan Thomas with Corybaum and Corter Boman for Mayor. We all appreciate and fully realize it's an uphill challenge for Republican to get anywhere in the City of Cincinnati. But someday the residents of the city Sincenni might wake up and for the fast four decades and not doing real well by way of city management maintenance, you got pension problems, you got crumbling infrastructure, you got failure type prioritize projects, current administrations all in for all these green projects and dictating and edicts and mandates over all the neighborhoods on how they can reconstruct and how they can build Connected Communities program foisted on every single neighborhood. Then ask bond Hill and Hyde Park about how they feel about the waivers that were given by the city council in spite of what the residents want to do special projects for well connected developers High Park that got a lot of people off their butts and out getting that campaign signed to get that Reverse eight signature. And I say every single one of those this happens to all the neighborhoods. You have a potential voter in any given neighborhood. Anybody out there who is upset that the City of Cincinnati foisted connected Communities on their neighborhood, depriving them of the options for development, you should vot for Corey Bowman.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean so, if anybody's listening, I know that we say that there has been a Republican that hasn't run for mayor in over sixteen years, haven't had a Republican mayor and it's almost fifty years that it's been done there. When it comes to this election, I'm telling people that this campaign is run on city issues and every time that I look at these issues, these are not red or blue issues. You will not see this campaign dive into national politics because this is a campaign for Cincinnati and there's real issues that impact the city residents. And whenever I have a one on one conversation with people, I've had conversations with people that they say, we vote blue no matter what, this is exactly what we do.
Speaker 1: We're always going to be a democratic party.
Speaker 13: When I have a one on one conversation with them about the issues, not about the national politics, we always find common ground and we always see that we all have the best heart for the city. And that's what needs to happen this November.
Speaker 1: Well, that's how firmly in entrenched the propaganda campaign is. If people do not regularly pay attention to politics, and then which allows them to be capable of coming up with their own conclusions about the propriety of whatever council or the mayor does. Like wait a second, I've been following this issue and what you're trying to do does not address the problem. You got to do something else. If you pay close enough attention to politics, you can see through that indoctrination campaign that says I got to always vote Democrat. That's your one on one conversation going right there. Once you get into the weeds and you talk to someone with common sense, logic and reason, they're like, you know, you're right, Corey, You're all right, and that other person was wrong, provol or whatever.
Speaker 13: Well, this is what I can't get over, Okay, because there was a stabbing that happened at the beginning of June of Patrick Harringer and his wife, Sarah has been overwhelmingly vocal about what is happening to our city right now. Wasn't until that happened that these issues, these special sessions, these special programs were addressed with so much publicity that they are right now.
Speaker 1: Yesterday's meeting was a consequence of her exactly.
Speaker 13: This is my question to the city Council and to the mayor right now, because I'm being told repeatedly, and I hate thinking this way, because I'm a pastor and we see everybody the same. I've been told on this campaign that the black community won't vote for you, the black community, that the Democratic Party is the one that takes care of them. I'm telling you this right now, why on earth didn't they care about the black children that have been murdered on our streets Up until early June, they only made their voices clear whenever somebody on social media was being loud about it. From a stabbing that was happening in OTR with the Hyde Park issue, they're being vocal about it right now. But what where were they when it happened in bond Hill? Where was it when? Where were they when it happened in West the West End or in Avondale. Whenever these communities are affected, they don't say anything because it's just this is what happens with city government. But whenever people are alloud enough and have the resources to back it up, that's when they get proactive about it. And that's the thing that we have to realize is that this is an election season. They're going to say whatever they can to get elected. They're gonna put whatever statistics out that they can to get elected. But these people do not have your best interests at heart. And we are running this race because my business, my church, and my residence now is all within the West End. We hear the gunshots every night. We care about these kids. We care about these communities and we have practical solutions to fix these problems.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know what, isn't it interesting that no one has made a racial allegation over this Sarah Herringer thing. A white woman has lost her white husband, white business owner in over the Rhine. She squeaks, she's the wheel that gets the grease. And look they're acting. They form a special council meeting, they call in to talk about violence in the city because she's out there engaging in activism, bringing all of this crime to everybody's attention. What of all the black families, what of all the black children?
Speaker 13: What about the veteran that lost his life in North Side the week after because all the officers were deterred to OTR instead of College.
Speaker 1: Hill Another great point. So, yeah, this is what we see. Maybe we could say councils racists. They don't care about the black community, they don't care about the black neighborhoods or the black victims.
Speaker 13: Just like what Sarah's saying, that it's all about optics instead of the outcomes, it's all about being reactive instead of proactive. We're gonna look ahead, We're gonna look at the real issues that are affecting our city. Guess what me as a community leader, I don't have to move downtown for only one or two weeks to see what's going on and then return back to my house. That's where my family is, that's where my business is, that's where my church is. We see it every day and that's why we're fighting for the city. Corey Bowman dot com. Corey, always appreciate your enthusiasm and I'll keep pulling for you and hopefully, I'm sure you and I be talking again between now and November, probably multiple times at least, I hope. So help Cory out and again look into the other options you've got out there. I mean, Lord Almighty got some great options other than the current slated Democrats. So you know you do have something other to vote for, and it may very well serve your best interest. A twenty six fifty five KSNY talk station, iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay rattleff up next. Always enjoy those conversations and I sure hope you can stick around for it. You too will probably find it somewhat enjoyable. But first I want to mention Odo Exit od O or xiit fifteen percent off special going on right now, take advantage of it, get fifteen percent off. And these products work eliminate any odor you come across. All the normal odors you run into in a day to day basis, mold, mildew, pet, smoke, food, your dog rolling in something and that's happened to me. Odo Exit concentrate on that one just to eradicated it, just immediately. This is a this is a stink that a good bubble bath would not get rid of. Odo Exit concentrate on a rag immediately got rid of it. That's how well these products work. They come with one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee, So right now Odor Exit dot Com order it there, It'll be delivered very quickly, maybe even overnight. At least they try to strive for that. Free shipping on orders over twenty five bucks, and on top of that, if you have an order over thirty five, they'll throw in a free sixteen ounce bottle of the odor Exit Magic, which is what I keep in my glovebox to get rid of food odors. I love Indian food. Someone commented, he goes you gonna You're gonna lose your Indian and type food sponsors. No I buy Indian food and tie food all the time. I just don't want that smell of the linger in my car pizza. Same thing you want your car smell like a pizza. No otor exit magic for that one. Anyway, they have a product to get rid of what you got. It's one hundred percent satisfaction guaranteed. Order online or buy it locally. There's a search engine on the website. O d O r XIT no eodor exit dot com. Fifty five car the talk.
Speaker 1: Station ess time for a channeled nine first warning weatherfor it's going to be hot out there. Heat Advisory eleven am all the way through eight pm. Of both the ninety two real degrees, it will feel more like a hundred plus degrees out there because it's going to be sunny and very humid. Yes, Paul att too hot. She texted me about me complaining about the seventy two overnight with clear sky Tomorrow, spotty afternoon showers possible. Otherwise just a mostly sunny day, another hot day, humid day ninety for the high seventy three over night with mostly cloudy sky Saturday, partly cloudy afternoon storm possible. It'll be muggy and ninety one on Saturday right now seventy five degrees. Let's get an update on traffic.
Speaker 5: From the UCUP Tramping Center. You see health.
Speaker 7: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect Moura. You see how dot com. He spend two seventy five continues to be a slow go between col Rain and a Wreck and Hamilton Avenue. They're on the left hand side southbounds seventy five slows through lock on the northbound heavy from Turf Way to town. Check Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in a cockpit before?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: Hey? Thirty two on a Thursday means it's time for I heeart media aviation expert Jay rat Left, Jay Ratlift, Welcome back, my friend. Always enjoy talking to you.
Speaker 6: Good morning. It's it's a meme stock week. You know the memes are backs.
Speaker 1: Oh I read a couple of articles about that.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, yes, just leave them alone. Krispy Kreme open door Coles. Yeah, they've been flying up. That social media frenzy is what drives them up. And Brian A few people make a great deal of money, but most everybody else loses and loses a lot. So you see the headlines, just avoid that emotional tug and leave it alone because they're good they're not good news.
Speaker 1: Isn't it the case that once you see it in the news, that's whatever meme stock is going through the roof, that you've already missed the opportunity, and if you invest any money in it, you're going to be in a trajectory in terms of your return.
Speaker 6: That's about it.
Speaker 14: Because it's a pump and dump for a reason, and that's exactly what happens. And you know, you hear your friend bragging about how much money he made, which may or may not be true, and you feel like you've missed out. So even though the stock's up, you know, four hundred and eighteen percent, you know, Brian, it could go up more.
Speaker 6: So I'm going to put money in It's right.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, no no, it's just that fear of missing out, that emotional it just tug. It's just too much for some people, and you just walk away and leave them alone. I remember Game Stop four years ago that was trading eighteen nineteen dollars a.
Speaker 6: Share, and it's peaked a few days later.
Speaker 14: It was five hundred and some dollars in pre market before it just came crashing down.
Speaker 6: It's just it's insane. Just just leave the alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I guess the key is knowing which mean stock is going to pop and buying it before it pops. Who's the insider that knows the answer to that question?
Speaker 6: That's why, that's who the sec would be talking to.
Speaker 14: I guarantee that when your stalks manipulate, manipulate the price of a stock. But it's a lot right now. I mean, forget the meme stocks. We have so many stocks right now that are at all time highs and continue to push higher. The question is, you know, how much further can these stocks go before there's some sort of a natural pullback that we see in stocks. And I'm not one of these individuals that, you know, get on people too hard, But you know, when they go after stocks at all time highs? Do they do that with anything else in their life? Do they go buy cars but only if they're high enough? Or clothes? No, they got to be a little bit higher before I buy those. I understand we're talking about investments, but the whole bit is it's it's totally different than what we look at on any other type of purchase. It's going through the roof, and we still want to buy it instead of waiting for there to be a pullback and then buying it at a discount making a great deal of money like Warren Buffett and so many others do well.
Speaker 1: Daytrade fun dot com where you find Jay Ratliffe you can learn how to trade stocks and avoid the pitfalls. And I'll probably get an email maybe an hour or so from now telling Jay telling me how much money he made while we were having this conversation, Jay Ratler, No, I get a kick out of it, honestly, Jay, So.
Speaker 14: I think a kick might be the right word if you want to kick me, But yeah, no.
Speaker 1: Just give your hard time anytime. Hang on, brother. We got aviation things to talk about, and I got an update here an interesting allegation regarding the Indian aircraft incident that Boeing crash. So we'll talk about that right out of the gate and get to the topics that he provided me. Just don't go away, be right back. Fifty five krc UK thirty eight thif about KRCY Talk Station Ryan Thomins when I heard med Aviation ning for jay ratlift. I know it's going to be a long, slong before we finally get the final report on the Indie Aircraft investigation, the June twelfth crash that involved the engine cut off, and the question is swirling around that. The investigator Greg Feith quoted as saying, it has become very apparent, especially now with information I know and what's come out of the cockpit voice recorder where the question is heard, why did you cut off the fuel? That somebody had to have seen that action to make the statement, so you just wouldn't have a dual engine failure. He said, something had to prompt that type of comment. Now we get to the psychology part of it, and that's really where this investigation is going to go. And oh, by the way, it's no longer an accident. It's investigated as a criminal event. So that's the direction this Air India crash has turned. They had another separate investigation. Apparently there was nothing wrong with the fuel control switches. They worked and operated properly, so in other words, they couldn't just be bumped into and switched off. Given the mechanics of the switch that prevent that from happening.
Speaker 14: Well, you and I talked about how you have to grab the switch, pull it up at the spring loaded, put it back over the what that middle buffer thing is, and then slide it back down into the position either on or off. And it's a deliberate type of thing that you would consciously do. It wouldn't be something that you could bump and accidentally happen.
Speaker 6: And since it's the switch that act.
Speaker 14: Allows the fuel to flow to the engine, Yeah, you want it to be designed that way, and it is. So the investigation comes out and they give us the initial kind of briefing from the cockpit voice recorder showing that one of the pilots had said to the other, without naming which one said it, why did you shut off the engines as far as the fuel flow? Yeah, and the pass The other one replied, I did not, And then you kind of hear the raised concern and then panic.
Speaker 6: They're turned back on.
Speaker 14: But the aircraft is such a low altitude you don't have time for both engines to fully respond. One was in the process of responding, but not enough to provide the necessary lift, the second one not quite yet.
Speaker 6: So now you're.
Speaker 14: Looking at the possibility of an accidental oops I did that, or a deliberate type of situation. Apparently it was the first officer that was in charge of the aircraft itself, so the captain with fifteen thousand flight hours would have been monitoring everything. He would have been the one that I suspect that would have been the one that might have accidentally intentionally we don't know switched the fuel off to both engines because the first officer would have been involved in the aircraft itself as far as flying it, So we don't know. And when you get into intentions or what might have happened anything outside of hard critical evidence, Brian, it's going to be impossible for us to determine exactly what happened here. And that's the saddest part is because the captain was preparing to retire so he could spend time with his ailing father and nothing that at least initially suggests any sort of a mental distress. He had issues with his mom passing a few years before that required some assistance, But I mean, I certainly don't fault anybody for that, and a lot of people that I've talked to in the pilot to the community are saying it's really unfair for us to get this small little snippet from the cockpit voice recorder instead of the entire recording as far as the transcript so that we can see exactly what was transpiring before that might have alluded to a little bit more of this.
Speaker 6: So it raises a lot more questions.
Speaker 14: But the sad reality is absent of a very clear mechanical situation or something else, we don't know for sure, and that means that we're not going to be able to honor the lives of those that were killed by learning and making aviation safer. It's going to have a big fat question mark over this because we're just going to have to give it our best assessment on what.
Speaker 6: Might probably happen.
Speaker 14: And when you're talking about the all star teams that are involved in this type of an investigation, they want specifics, they want answers, they want both sides of that balance sheet to come out. And when you can't provide an answer for a question, it just it means forever we're not going to know what happened.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, and maybe that's a sound reason for putting video cameras in cockpits. So there's no speculation as to who did what and when. Yes, the recorder does indicate that the switch was turned off, but that doesn't answer the why question or who did it question that we're talking about and struggling with here, which, as you indicate, we'll probably never know.
Speaker 14: So in pilot's fight the camera in the cockpit, they have fought that big time because they're saying it prevents them or could be used against them in a non accident type of thing for further later disciplinary action if something is uncovered or seen or what have you.
Speaker 1: Right, that's what video cameras are for, Jay.
Speaker 14: And if you don't own the airline that you work for, I don't know that you necessarily have a say in this. But the union's very powerful and they've prevented this from happening. I know that trucks have them, trains have them, other types of transportation, you know, devices had those, but they've been able to be kept out out of the cockpit. And to me, yeah, it would add another piece to the puzzle allowing us to see a better picture. And if safety is really our number one priority, I'm sorry if it defends pilots. I'm sorry if they find it uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Oh dang, I don't have any sympothy from them at all in that standpoint, they were surrounded by cam Yeah, safety comes first, the passengers come first. We're deserving of answers to questions why the damn airplane fell out of the sky. It's Air Egypt, it's some Malaysian aircraft. I mean, any number of these, although I guess you couldn't find the video recorder with the air Malayian because they couldn't find the damn plane anyway. Earlier, I guess we had an Antonov eight and twenty four plane crash. Russian plane. I know there were two early on details on this, but you did see that was reporting a twin turboprop.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's the aircraft itself was about fifty years old, which normally is really an.
Speaker 6: Issue in the end because oh, yeah, fifty it's.
Speaker 14: A twin engine turboprop aircraft. But Brian, like, if I'm not talking Russia, I'm talking about here in the United States. If you've got an older airplane, it's constantly being rebuilt, the engines, I mean, every aspect of it. Now, when we're talking about a Russian plane that old who knows, because they've had a situation with replacement parts and things that have been in part because of the embargo. They've had a very hard time finding parts because when the war with Ukraine broke out, there were a lot of suppliers that stopped selling them replacement parts, so they had to kind of candle up campbalize parts from other aircraft hoping.
Speaker 6: That they would fit kind of thing, what have you.
Speaker 14: But on this particular one, there's a video of the aircraft apparently in operation over the mountains moments before the crash, and there did not appear to be any indications of operational distress. Both engines seem to be running, no smoke coming from the aircraft anything like that, but apparently crashed to a mountain about nine miles from the airport. They had a total of six or forty three passengers, six crew members, so a total of we're total of forty nine souls on board, and the video of the wreckage site, I mean, there could be survivors, but we don't know because there's not much left. But it's just a situation where, you know, it's hard to reach where this was at, and they're going to get there and conduct the search and rescue and then it'll turn into a recovery mission after that. But I don't know exactly what that cause was. But Brian, I don't think you could consciously get me onto a Russian airport of any kind.
Speaker 1: Anywhere fair enough. They're keeping them in the air the way Boeing manufactures them, going to the spare parts pack.
Speaker 14: Know that I would connect those dots, but I can tell you that, I mean, their safety record has just not been as comfortable as we would like it to be.
Speaker 6: And it's just it's a situation that it's just.
Speaker 14: If I'm going to err on this caution and I'm going to in every aspect that I can, getting on board a Russian airliner is just not something I'm going to do.
Speaker 1: Low order a priority for Jay Ratlift. Let's past bring Jay Ratlift, find out what text? What is a family on the fly program? We'll talk about that a couple more topics where we part company this morning. Stick around, be right back.
Speaker 15: Fifty five KRC the talk station a neighbor, Oh my god, eight fifty here fift about their CD talk station in Bronzoma is doing this thing we call Aviationfday with I heart met the aviation.
Speaker 1: Next Bert Jay Ratlift Jay flipping over to some topics you provided Family on the Fly program. The TSA did this. What's this?
Speaker 14: It's a separate line for families screening line.
Speaker 6: At the airport.
Speaker 14: It's a it's going to be a trial situation first or rolling it out in Charlotte and I believe Orlando where those with families can go to this specific line. There's a little bit more room as parents many times need with their kids traveling, and it's designed for people that are flying with families.
Speaker 6: Maybe they haven't flown that much.
Speaker 14: Whatever, and it's going to be a little bit slower of a process. But what it does kind of gets everybody that's flying with kids over in one spot, so that the.
Speaker 6: Men and women that are flying on business that kind of zip.
Speaker 14: Through security can do so without being behind a lot of people that maybe would slow things. Now, it's a great move from the TSA. In fact, it's one of those things like, Gee, why didn't we think about this before, because it's going to be good for the families and it's going to be good for others as they kind of get through the security checkpoint. So I'm thrilled to see it. I think they've got another line that's being made available for the military as well.
Speaker 6: Those types of things.
Speaker 14: The TSA is always looking to try to expedite the process of getting us through the security checkpoint, and it's a really good one because it's going to make things a little bit easier, especially with people flying with kids. I know a lot of times those of us with kids, if they start to slow things back, we feel guilty because we're slowing process.
Speaker 1: From yeah behind us.
Speaker 14: This is going to alleviate some of that, and I think it's going to be very well received. Again, those two airports first, and then after that it's going to spread out to other airports across the country once some of the bugs get worked out.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I kind of had I want to ask you about this Delta regional jet and had to what duck, dip, dodge, dive and duck to get out of the way of a B fifty two bomber. What's what happened here?
Speaker 14: Well, the B fifty two was doing a fly by over a fair and anytime that's done, they communicate that long in advance with Federal abshdministration.
Speaker 6: Here's our plans. Here's our flight plan.
Speaker 14: All of it's approved, and typically, you know, the local airports made aware of it, and you know, everybody's on the same page. It was not the case here because apparently the regional jet was where it should be should have been, and the military aircraft was flying on its predetermined and approved flight path. So all of a sudden you have the regional pilots the Delta regional jet look up and they see this aircraft off to the side, thing of WHOA, what's.
Speaker 6: Going on here?
Speaker 14: Weren't expecting that, and there was a little bit of confusion from air traffic control the tower there, which is not better employees. It's a separate company that manages that particular one on exactly the course that the regional jet needed to take, and it was the Delta captain that took the initiative to take that airplane in essence fly back behind the B fifty two as it passed. And it was a pretty severe bank when you listen to the passengers that were on board the flight, and you know, they turned around and got back in the line and landed, and when they did, the Delta pilot came on board and told the passengers. Okay, here's why we had to do what we did and was very transparent, and the people on board the flight were very appreciative of that because they knew something had happened, they just didn't know what. And the captain of its Endeavor Air it's a flight operating as a delta connection. The captain explained, look, that's not normal. That normally doesn't happen, and apologized for some of those anxious moments. But you know, again, a very good job and we can learn from this, which again makes aviation safer absent of anybody getting hurt or killed, and that's always a good thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I imagine it shocked the hell out of when the piles looked over and saw a B fifty two right there, Well, that big plane.
Speaker 14: That are looking at the window saying, I can see the ground straight down because they were tipped. I meant a pretty good angle when he was banking that bad boy. But you know, these men and women that fly these planes are I mean a lot of them are former military and very well trained, and you know, they just respond, they react and they don't sit there and think, and you know it's a situation where you know they do what they need to do, and they understand they've got other people's lives at their you know, in their hands, and they've got to do everything that they can to protect the people, the souls on board the aircraft.
Speaker 6: So yeah, they did a good job.
Speaker 14: And again there was a breakdown in communication somewhere.
Speaker 6: We'll just have to find out where it was at. But you know, we're so so not.
Speaker 14: So far removed from that January since situation where we had the helicopter crash of the helicopter in the regional aircraft is like, you know, shut her, here we go again. But you know, it ended well and we're going to learn from.
Speaker 1: It real quick. Here, what's it like for travel out there today? Air travel?
Speaker 14: You know, from a thunderstorm steading point, we get a lot of storms. They're going to be like you know, giving New Orleans and Des Moines, Iowa ago. But as far as from a hut standpoint, not really.
Speaker 6: Much out there.
Speaker 14: Those afternoon aggravating thunderstorms that are popping up all over the place that are slowing things down by thirty to forty five minutes, but ryan they're minimal. So if you picked today to fly, you picked a good one. There's going to be some turbulence out there as you fly. Just keep your seat belt on. It's not dangerous, just uncomfortable. And yeah, get to the airport early because we got a lot of people that are flying heio.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for the time he spent my listeners and me every Thursday, and best of health. Loved you and your better half. I'll look forward to next Thursday and another great discussion Brian.
Speaker 6: My feelings as well, So have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you brother. It's a fifty five coming up. In fifty six Dave Williams Taxpayer Protection Alliance Lady Shenanigans out of the post Office. This discussions are so funny with Dave Williams about post Office, the energy industry, GOP kind of getting and interfering in free markets. Plus new recycling regulations which prohibit new recycling. Interesting concept. Corey Bowman is in the studio for a couple of segments and of course Jay Ratliff Podcast fifty five Caresey dot Com. Thank you. Sean McMahon covering for Joe Strecker out today. Joe, we'll be back tomorrow and tomorrow we'll also hear from Dave Hatter Tech Friday and Senator John Houston on a Friday of current topics. That's tomorrow in the morning show. Hope you have a wonderful day and don't go away. Gunn Back is up next.
Speaker 14: President Trump made clear that a peaceful resolution was possible if Iran agreed to give up its nuclear weapons ambitions.
Speaker 1: Another updates at the top of the hour. Fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by